Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
May 3, 2023 12:19 PM
Feb 2021
PrecureHunter said:
for all the good the series is, Frill has to be the most stupid name ever
even if its an stage name, holyshit its bad
when i heard the name Frill i could only think god please no not again (wonder egg priorty)
May 3, 2023 12:20 PM

Dec 2021
Lesbian Ruby confirmed, hell yeah. I was worried we wouldn't get any Quality Ruby Content™ this episode, but thank god we did.

Kana's going to be an idol as well now? Excited to see how that goes. And I'm glad that Aqua actually managed to help people with this endeavor, even ones we might not have expected, like the Mangaka finally feeling like she got the show she wanted. (Seriously though the ease of how he does that role is CONCERNING, to say the least.)
K-Pop? Bias? Nah man, we only know Ai and Ruby Hoshino in this house.
May 3, 2023 12:29 PM
Oct 2021
What an episode! OMG
May 3, 2023 12:38 PM

Mar 2014
Meh this episode is corny for me coz I kinda already figure out that Aqua is gonna save Kana for this shitty film so yeah I'm not impress

Anywho so the director is the father no surprise there, the search continues

RedChromeMay 3, 2023 12:48 PM
May 3, 2023 12:39 PM

Jul 2022
ooOHHh yEHhh bOIIII, she gon join the idol groupppp
May 3, 2023 12:42 PM
Nov 2022
This week's episode was quite interesting, although I'd like to see a little more about Aqua, how he's doing at school and stuff.

Also, as for Ruby, I still don't understand why people hate her, maybe I'll find out later, but for now she doesn't seem bad to me.

I really like the speed of the narrative, it's not slow but it's not very fast either, it has its own rhythm and that's fine, it's nice after the 16 years that passed in the first episode xd

Now we just have to wait for next week's episode but this one is a 10/10.
May 3, 2023 1:07 PM
Aug 2018
Good episode, and the character design for the black haired girl is amazing.
May 3, 2023 1:11 PM
May 2021
They portrayed Aqua's acting ability really well!
May 3, 2023 1:15 PM
Feb 2021
Man Arima is so cuteeeeee
May 3, 2023 1:16 PM
Aug 2016
While I did not feel parts of Ep 2 and 3 much, Ep 4 was good start to end. I am really interested the more the story progresses, at least the parts with Aqua are awesome. I am slowly starting to like the Ruby and Kana parts as well now!
May 3, 2023 1:36 PM
Apr 2023
I wanna see mem-cho already
May 3, 2023 1:37 PM
Oct 2009
Great episode. It's sad series so short.
May 3, 2023 1:41 PM
Feb 2021
this was better than the last 2
May 3, 2023 1:53 PM
Jul 2018
It was honestly awesome to see everything played out with voice acting, audio, and lighting. It really gives an emphasis to everything that wasn't found in the manga. Aqua's performance was also really, really good. Can't wait for episode 5 ๐Ÿ™
May 3, 2023 1:56 PM
Mar 2017
Aqua best actor.

until now still waiting for kurokawa akane debut
May 3, 2023 2:05 PM
Jan 2022
An incredible episode once again...
May 3, 2023 2:14 PM

May 2021
Maybe next time go for an anime adaptation instead of a live-action one...

May 3, 2023 2:15 PM
Jul 2018
I liked that we got a little peek into the creator of manga's pov and how the adaptation plays a big role not only to viewers but also to the original creator of og source material. I think that maybe the cutie squad might be happening soon... maybe we got a little spoil in the episode or perhaps is only me ?... the other way could be possible. Also I like that Aqua has struggles to make friends and like other idols, I understand him and also I believe in Aqua supremacy! xd
While we're talking about Aqua, I think the scene was very good and that even steps through poodle were big thing lol and also I'm glad that the show's director isn't the father, phew. Kinda it would be weird if he is, idk, doesn't seem like a type Ai would be in relationship with at least for me, yet soon we might find out during the season. 
Looking forward to next Wednesday and episode 5! 
Hope the rest of the crew has fun watching the anime too!~
May 3, 2023 2:21 PM
Oct 2020
CQLLIST said:
Was a good episode, the acting's pretty must satisfied the author's expectation and my god Kana is the cutest, I kinda forgot stuff about Ruby's POV in this series because she's probably my least favorite character when reading the manga so the anime kinda makes me appreciate her little by little. I as well forgot Frill had this kind of green color on her eyes...

She look like a lizard
May 3, 2023 2:30 PM
May 2020
bro if kana became an idol... im gonna get crazy
May 3, 2023 2:43 PM
Oct 2020
Another great episode!
May 3, 2023 2:58 PM

May 2016
Felt average with good production nothing to get hyped about.
May 3, 2023 3:01 PM
Apr 2016
PrecureHunter said:

between Frill and Melt I don't know which has the dumber name
May 3, 2023 3:02 PM
Jan 2019
The contrast is too high here IG. The anime seems so bright.
May 3, 2023 3:19 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Well Aqua sure made that series last episode work well, especially how he can improve the other actor play just by himself... time for school now, seems like Ruby loves being with all these celebrities... and Kana might join the agency? Should be interesting
May 3, 2023 3:26 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
This was a nice end to Kana’s little arc, it was really cool seeing Aqua make the scene better by getting the lead guy angry and even getting hit on purpose, that’s dedication to the scene lol, but I guess in this case it was for Kana and not so much the scene itself. The commentary by the camera guy was good too, his reactions really helped show how the improvisations made an impact, as well as the mangaka’s reaction after it was done.

And of course I can’t forget to mention Kana herself, she had so many nice closeup shots and of course she slayed the scene with her penultimate crying moment. But now that that’s over, it’s back to school and this also made me realize we just now got to where the 1st episode ended lol. And it didn’t take long and we’ve already met some new characters, both nice waifus, poor Ruby had nothing to show for that Frill girl tho lol.

And now it looks like Aqua is gonna be part of a reality dating show which will most definitely go into detail on how it’s all scripted and probably even more, and since Aqua just recommended Kana for Ruby’s idol group this makes me think Aqua will scout each member after he’s interacted with them in different projects, and if that’s the case I look forward to whatever waifu we meet in the dating show lol.
May 3, 2023 3:29 PM
Mar 2023
Great episode, really shows that Aqua have a lack of confidence in his skills of acting, he did good! Ruby as always didn't have any limits lol, Kana is finally falls for the great boy, glad for her, also glad that Aqua will get some recognition since he did acted well.
May 3, 2023 3:32 PM
Aug 2020
I’m still after the episode, the first part of the episode was really excellent.
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
May 3, 2023 3:39 PM

Feb 2018
Aqua and Kana together were able to save the show!
Now Aqua has the chance to do this "reality dating show" and I've got no idea how that would go.
Looks like we're back at the school and we've been introduced to some new characters.
Frill and Minami could make some good additions to their friend group.
Aqua possibly getting Kana a spot in the idol group could be interesting, even calling her cute.
May 3, 2023 3:41 PM

Oct 2017
Lmao Mitsuri from KnY transport to OsK :PPP
Big boobs, pink long hair, fluffy voice, shy yet genki.

Btw, having KnY and OsK airing side by side really makes me impress how well written and well introduced the characters are in OsK.
May 3, 2023 3:43 PM
Apr 2023
My boy Aqua coming in with a clutch. He came for just one episode of that series and just carried the whole show. That was really cool how he made the how quality rise. I really love Aqua and I also like that he has a more narritive focus. I like Ruby too, but I think they are handling hero well. I appriciate hero more like this. And Kana, Kana really is awsome. And her dynamic with Aqua really is a sight to see.
And Frill was a Great new addition, even if her greenish eyes wasn't appealing to me.
May 3, 2023 3:45 PM

May 2019
Man that Frill girl's huge eyes are crazy, like a neon yellow-green, wow. Aqua and Kana killed the last couple of scenes of the manga adaptation and it was nice to see the manga author satisfied with their performances.

I'm thinking that when Aqua asks Kana to join Ruby's idol group she may want a date (or 2) in exchange. Also, I'm curious how that reality dating show with Aqua will turn out, maybe he will be able to scout for more girls for Ruby's idol team. I also wonder if Kana does end up dating Aqua if she will get jealous with the other girls even if its only a reality show, we'll see.
May 3, 2023 3:47 PM
Nov 2019
Except the first episode this was probably the best one. Maybe it's just me but the episode makes you hyped for what kind of characters will appear.
May 3, 2023 3:51 PM
Mar 2019
Somehow, this show is the one scratching my "hype itch" this season.

“We all have our time machines, don't we. Those that take us back are memories... And those that carry us forward, are dreams.”
โ€• H.G. Wells, The Time Machine

May 3, 2023 3:54 PM
Aug 2021
this episode final has the manga vibes that ep2 and 3 lacked. not exactly sure what is it , bit this is the pace and directing that should push the show up.
May 3, 2023 4:02 PM
Feb 2023
[This is a ANIME ONLY perspective]
Compared to the other episodes so far this most likely a turning point in the series. Of course this ain't as good as the first but hey its gettin' interesting.
May 3, 2023 4:08 PM

Jan 2022
Absolute banger of an episode. I'm glad to see the 1st episode's greatness wasn't a one time thing.
May 3, 2023 4:14 PM
Apr 2023
I was expecting alot from the Tv show filming scene, where Aqua is portrayed as the villain, but I didn't think it would be this great! The scene captured is great and Aqua's voice actor, Takeo Otsuka nails the voice there! Cant wait for more episodes of the anime, and more chapters of the manga!
May 3, 2023 4:19 PM
Aug 2021
I'm feeling the hype of aqua going to back being an actor
May 3, 2023 4:22 PM
Mar 2018
Is my hype the same as it was after episode 1? No. But that is just cause ep 1 was just that different and gripping. I do think, like Kaguya, the impact and strengths of this Oshi No Ko will be more evident in time.
May 3, 2023 4:28 PM

Jan 2021
She always had weird eyes in the manga, but with the added colors in the anime Frill unironically looks like a reptilian skinwalker lol
May 3, 2023 4:43 PM
Jan 2023
Loved Aqua's acting scenes in this one! Definitely sensing a Kana x Aqua ship.... loving the whole show
May 3, 2023 4:46 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Great ep! The acting performance and aftermath was interesting. And sounds like Aqua is going to go on a reality dating TV show? That sounds fun haha. 

As I thought, that Director wasn't the Dad. I'm sure we'll know when we see him eventually. 

Red-hair chick is super nice and a cutie now!! And it's nice to see the siblings adjust to this new school life :) wholesome. 
May 3, 2023 4:50 PM

Jan 2021
Phosphophyllita said:
Jesus, I had forgotten how cringe Oshi no Ko is, I had to hide my face during the acting scene.

Well, it was just the edgy boi acting a little more edgy than usual, so if you have watched edgy stuff then it shouldn't be much cringe if anything at all.
May 3, 2023 5:23 PM

Jun 2020
I waited for the KyouAma scene adaptation and guess, it was worth it because I really like it, they outdid the source. I got goosebumps by Aqua's acting even more here.

Ain't no way Aqua said that Kana is cute... Bro I know it.
May 3, 2023 5:33 PM
Mar 2016
Haven't been so obsessed with an anime since I seen Oregairu season 1 in 2013, can't believe how good it is and how much I enjoyed reading the manga.
May 3, 2023 5:40 PM

Aug 2018
acatski said:
CQLLIST said:
Was a good episode, the acting's pretty must satisfied the author's expectation and my god Kana is the cutest, I kinda forgot stuff about Ruby's POV in this series because she's probably my least favorite character when reading the manga so the anime kinda makes me appreciate her little by little. I as well forgot Frill had this kind of green color on her eyes...

She look like a lizard
Thought the same too, the eyes gives me the creeps
Yuri is Life
May 3, 2023 5:41 PM
I like water

Feb 2020
Since Ai's death, which I didn't expect, I must say that I'm really liking the direction the story is taking. I have high expectations for how Aqua's time on the new reality dating show will go. This could bring him closer and closer to his father. By the way, I feel that Frill Shiranui is a bit of a weird character, I want to see how they will develop her in the next episodes. I have high expectations of her

May 3, 2023 5:45 PM

Oct 2016
KirbysCreeper said:
PrecureHunter said:

between Frill and Melt I don't know which has the dumber name
Aka is for sure one of those guys that thinks (english = cool)
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Usopp8000 - Mar 27, 2023

2681 by WSP__2 »»
May 24, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Would you like to marry Ai given the opportunity? (first ep spoilers)

Shizuna - May 6

40 by A_Yaze »»
May 11, 8:38 AM

» Overhyped

Mooogle - May 9

41 by KayKimii »»
May 10, 11:44 AM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yuyuichi - Jun 28, 2023

680 by Darkiiii »»
May 6, 10:23 PM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ricky16 - May 17, 2023

869 by Tsukimariko »»
May 5, 7:13 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.