Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Otonari no Tenshi-sama ni Itsunomanika Dame Ningen ni Sareteita Ken Episode 3 Discussion

The Angel Next Door Spoils Me Rotten (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 21, 2023 5:58 AM

Nov 2011
Tbh, it's easy to mistaken Amane and Mahiru at this point as a couple. Amane's mother seems like a sweet person though and enjoys Mahiru's company. Seems like the bright type of person that can make others smile.

I think this episode is another step forward for Amane and Mahiru's relationship and a forward to them understanding each other. Amane and Mahiru kinda looks like a cute married couple this episode if ask you me.
Jan 21, 2023 5:58 AM

Feb 2018
Okaaa-san it seem like your son is hiding a cute girl in the room, lol. Okaaa-san thinking that there's another peop living in Amane apartment. Amane told Shiina to hide in the room but Shiina was fast asleep -_- Okaaa-sama is really teasing Shiina, lol.... Shiina even called Shihoko as Okaaa-sama, lol.

Shiina explained the situation to Okaaa-sama. Shiina was really confused, lol... kawaiiii. It seems like Okaaa-sama approves of their relationship, so hurry up and get married.

Shiina told Amane about the family situation. Shiina told Amane that she was never called Mahiru, even her family didn't call her Mahiru. They're so sweet... I like the scene when Amane call Shiina as Mahiru. Shiina wanted to return the key Amane gave to her but Amane refused and told Shiina to keep the key apartment.

The ranking of the test was announced, Tenshi-sama got the 1st place. Amane gave Tenshi a cake as a gift. Shiina was really happy with the gift. It was a delicious strawberry cake. I like the scene Tenshi-sama ate the strawberry cake. Just say Ahnnn~ Amane-kun -_-

They really make a something so sweet. Shiina cute face has comeee... Shiina really doubted Amane's kitchen skills, lol... It was yakiniku with vegetables. I like the scene when Shiina and Amane are in the kitchen. Tenshi-sama has really been caught out.

Wish there would be a third guy who would take Tenshi, this is so boring....
Jan 21, 2023 6:03 AM
Aug 2022
Okaaa-san Approved his relationship with Mahiru-san indirectly. & the cake gift for her scence was kawaiii. The ending was reallty exciting looking forward to next episode . can't wait for week so much excited.
Jan 21, 2023 6:04 AM

May 2020
Now the very first reaction as a parent when you see your son keeping a bishoujo hidden in a corner of his room as if like a stuffed toy should be anything but normal but no anime moms and their energetic self defy natural order of things. So I mean of course then the dude's mom will see Mahiru as his girlfriend… even asking Mahiru herself isn't a necessity. 

So what followed next? That coming-of-age ritual every japanese wishes to go through, that one… calling each other by their first names. So of course our protags did that too which in kinda itself tells how fast is this relationship developing, they are already acting like a couple who’s been married for 20 years.

Also the cat’s out of the bag in the end, good for friend-kun and his girlfriend but not for those two. I mean, doing a christmas get-together wasn’t the very best of decision to begin with.  
Jan 21, 2023 7:24 AM

Apr 2016
I guess the anime will eventually start to explaining to us all those absolutely chad irresistible manly qualities that made this smoking hot, cute, rich, smart blonde girl unquestionably fall in love with our MC-kun ? Or he's just gonna be this annoying little prick and that's what we should go with .. i guess.

Dude, they are not even trying at this point. I bet this is like the most popular LN right now in Japan, because ofc it is, lmao.
Jan 21, 2023 7:25 AM

Apr 2014
JUST GETTING FKING MARRY!!!

Amane's mother the best shipper. lol
何それ?意味分かんない
Jan 21, 2023 7:41 AM

Jan 2018
Swagernator said:
I guess the anime will eventually start to explaining to us all those absolutely chad irresistible manly qualities that made this smoking hot, cute, rich, smart blonde girl unquestionably fall in love with our MC-kun ? Or he's just gonna be this annoying little prick and that's what we should go with .. i guess.

Dude, they are not even trying at this point. I bet this is like the most popular LN right now in Japan, because ofc it is, lmao.

He doesn't simp for her or put her on a pedestal right away, but treats her like an equal and a human being. He's honest and direct to her, looks after her and comforts her when she's at her lowest low. And he's fairly handsome too when he actually puts effort in his looks. I think it's perfectly understandable for Mahiru to eventually feel something for him. Mahiru herself pretty clearly isn't the perfect "angel" she tries so hard to come across as. If there's anything that applies here, it's the saying "don't judge a book by its cover".
Jan 21, 2023 7:49 AM
Dec 2014
They have the mothers approval lmao
Jan 21, 2023 8:06 AM

Mar 2021
Amane's mum already seeing Him and Mahiru as a couple was cute and funny that ending was great Can't wait to see how Amane's friends react to finding out that him and Mahiru are neighbours
Jan 21, 2023 8:30 AM
Oct 2021
Okay I am already giving this thing a 10/10 like dude it's so cute and wholesome that i am regretting not having a girlfriend
Jan 21, 2023 8:45 AM

Feb 2019
Another week with no Mahiru in my life. Lord when will it be my turn.

Amane’s mom is so cute lol I love those over the top bubbly type moms in anime. You can tell Mahiru was a bit jealous since her parents are pretty distant, she even got a little snappy when Amane said her parents are probably the only ones to call her by her name.

Btw I’m seeing a lot of people wonder why Mahiru has taken a liking to Amane over all the other guys and the answer is simple, he’s not a simp. He just treats her like a normal person and it’s really a lesson that applies irl too. Just treat girls like normal human beings and don’t put them on pedestals
Jan 21, 2023 8:49 AM
Jan 2023
the cliffhanger was insane
Jan 21, 2023 8:51 AM
Feb 2022
Swagernator said:

Damn, someone's got issues with comprehension. You can complain about some of his acts later on (won't spoil it but some do get annoyed and I understand... though those also are explained why he does, but anyway) if there's something you can't complain about is the chemistry they have. Unless you skimmed through the story, you can clearly see she's never had actual interactions like she does with him, he's straight forward, earnest (he's kept his room clean once she got it cleaned first time and is trying to help her out instead of only mooching) and knows not to get the wrong idea. And he's not smoking hot but he's fairly handsome if he dresses up and does his hair, so that argument is stupid too. If anything, people complaining about looks are shallow. Just like all those guys asking her out without any interactions before that could be called substantial. The whole point of the story is how she seems perfect beauty on the surface but is actually quite alone and how her neighbour helps her overcome it. Maybe watch first before giving out shallow judgements....rant over, just needed to be clear.
Jan 21, 2023 8:52 AM

Jul 2015
its little bit too fast compare to the LN,but everything was what i'm waiting for
Community opinion does'nt affected to me ,,,i just believe what i see with my own eyes!
Jan 21, 2023 8:54 AM
Jan 2022
I have read the light novel and the content is being cut in a significant manner which disappoints me. The build up in anime is growing at a very fast pace and the character of itsuki is not yet clear even now in anime. overall it is going well but I would have loved to see how itsuki teases amane for his lifestyle and his overall take care.

Still it is very good going 🥰🥰
Jan 21, 2023 8:54 AM
Dec 2022
mahiru-chan so kawaii and they both are like a couple
Jan 21, 2023 8:58 AM

Dec 2020
Amane mom is so nice she really is into mahiru chan and now that Itsuki and his girlfriend are see that Mahiru the angel is his neighbor.
Mahiru is so cute she wants to play switch with aname.
The ed of mahiru va i love it.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Jan 21, 2023 8:58 AM
Oct 2022
Stark700 said:
Tbh, it's easy to mistaken Amane and Mahiru at this point as a couple. Amane's mother seems like a sweet person though and enjoys Mahiru's company. Seems like the bright type of person that can make others smile.

I think this episode is another step forward for Amane and Mahiru's relationship and a forward to them understanding each other. Amane and Mahiru kinda looks like a cute married couple this episode if ask you me.

True bro and it’s nice to see how there relationship is growing it’s wholesome ,also the they ended the ep with all of em’ seeing each other at the balcony. It’s interesting can’t wait for the next ep
Jan 21, 2023 9:07 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm looks like Amane's bond with his mom isn't especially strong. Amane's mother really out Shiina on the spot there. Looks like Shiina's own parents though aren't as loving. None of her warning were bad things at all lol. 21st and 1st place huh. Not too shabby. It was so sweet seeing them eat the cake together. After being treated for so long its nice to see Amane try cooking himself. Guess for a diligent student like Shiina video games is something that she never had cause to try. Damm looks like the secret is out that Amane's neighbour is the angel. Overall a pretty fun ep that did well to both intrduce new cast members in the form of Amane's mum and also expand upon the two leads in small but gradual ways.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 21, 2023 9:16 AM
Oct 2022
Chitose and her boyfriend accidentally seeing Shiina on the balcony was truely something lol. Epic cliffhanger

Jan 21, 2023 9:21 AM

Oct 2014
Aaaaannd, a bomb was dropped. At the very last second.
Jan 21, 2023 9:29 AM

Jan 2021
Amane's Mother mistaking them for being an couple, I could just feel the awkwardness in the room lol. 

Chitose & Itsuki encountering Mahiru on the balcony was funny to see, now they know that Mahiru is the neighbour, I didn't see that one coming. 

P.S. I already like Mahiru & Amane together, I wonder if their relationship will expand in the upcoming episodes. 
Jan 21, 2023 9:37 AM

Oct 2012
diabetes!! I got diabetes.
Jan 21, 2023 9:48 AM
Dec 2021
this is getting good
Jan 21, 2023 9:55 AM
Apr 2019
sony_censyo said:
its little bit too fast compare to the LN,but everything was what i'm waiting for

I really hate that they are going too fast. I mean i get that Why anime does that. But still some part should be kept as source material.
Jan 21, 2023 10:00 AM

Dec 2022
ah they left us on a cliffhanger
Jan 21, 2023 10:12 AM
Dec 2015
Overall good episode. Felt really long. Glad it's maintaining the slow and peaceful vibes.
Jan 21, 2023 10:19 AM

Mar 2020
With all the romcoms out there, this one just doesn't really stand out, it's just chugging along rather quickly, and welp, the secret is out on many fronts, from Amane's mom, to his friends. Not so sure why the LN is so highly praised so far, but I really need to see something unique, and quickly.
Jan 21, 2023 10:21 AM
May 2017
Another very good episode. The spiritual sister of Tonikaku Kawaii.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Jan 21, 2023 10:23 AM

Jul 2017
Amane's mom makes her debut, and the son is not impressed seeing his mother show up at his door unannounced. But Mahiru is the problem, and Amane has to try his best to hide Mahiru from her, which he couldn't and finds her asleep in his bedroom. The talk between mother and son has awoken the Angel, and she has to clear up the relationship between her and Amane, which depending on how her mother sees it, it's nothing more than just a boy-girl relationship. But yelp, when Shihoko goes, she just will not stop, and Amane has to forcefully send her back home, without clearing things up. It's clear that Mahiru had an unusual family relationship that never saw her name being called, but to the Fujimiyas, this is natural. The little secret of calling each other by their given names, it's really sweet, along with entrusting his spare key to her.

Amane buying a cake for Mahiru to celebrate her first place in tests (which is typical), it doesn't hurt for enjoying a reward. Feeding each other when they're not a couple, it's more worth the diabetes and the embarrassment for doing things like these. Amane trying to cook lunches himself, it still needs improvement, when compared to Mahiru's perfection which he is getting more spoiled by the moment.

A Christmas party at Amane's place with the couple of Chitose and Itsuki, it makes sense that Mahiru will be free on the actual day. Seeing that he would have a chance with the Angel, she just wants to spend the day playing games with Amane, which is just about right.

But finding Mahiru next door for the couple...this cliffhanger is nerve-wrecking!
Jan 21, 2023 10:24 AM

Nov 2008
Amane and Mahiru taking turns having each other taking a bite of the cake was super adorable.

Amane's mom looks more like an older sister than his mother.

Jan 21, 2023 10:24 AM
Nov 2022
MarshyNotOP said:
Okay I am already giving this thing a 10/10 like dude it's so cute and wholesome that i am regretting not having a girlfriend

same. i wish i had a girlfriend:(
Jan 21, 2023 10:25 AM

Nov 2016
Not as embarassing as my mom. "My parents? They're dead"

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 21, 2023 10:33 AM

Jan 2018
Mcsuper said:
With all the romcoms out there, this one just doesn't really stand out, it's just chugging along rather quickly, and welp, the secret is out on many fronts, from Amane's mom, to his friends. Not so sure why the LN is so highly praised so far, but I really need to see something unique, and quickly.

This is the anime, not the LN. It's a pretty mediocre adaptation of a great LN. Besides, it's not a story that stands out because it has a unique gimmick or is particularly innovative. Like Tsuki ga Kirei, it stands out by being ordinary and "back to the basics". It's mostly devoid of the usual teenage love triangle drama and anime bs, and focusses on what matters most in romance, which is good chemistry, steady natural romantic development and believable reasons why both sides fall for the other. It's very vanilla and authentic, and that's why many people love it so much. Sadly the anime can't quite capture the same feeling as the LN with its poor production values, but it's still a good watch imo.
Jan 21, 2023 10:34 AM

May 2015
That was bound to happen. What's the point of teasing a secret if it doesn't get randomly revealed? Nice episode, more misunderstandings to come, but Amane and Mahiru are still surprisingly level-headed. They started to call each other by first names as well, cute.
Jan 21, 2023 10:38 AM

Mar 2014
Uh oh the best friend and his girlfriend found the truth 

This could be interesting, Amane better prepare himself for a lot of interrogating
Jan 21, 2023 11:03 AM
Aug 2022
I hate cliffhangers
Jan 21, 2023 11:17 AM

May 2019
I thought Amane's mom was a classmate or something as she looks pretty young. Also, Mahiru didn't even make an effort to hide but I guess she thought the mom wouldn't make it to the bedroom. I do wonder about Mahiru's relationship with her parents (assuming they're alive) as it appears they don't keep much contact with each other.

Heck of a cliffhanger and since Amane already told his friends that his neighbor cooks for him I'm sure they will connect the dots. Looking forward to watching how this plays out.
Alfredo-SauceJan 21, 2023 2:31 PM
Jan 21, 2023 12:11 PM
Feb 2019
How did she fall asleep in his room that fast lmao
Jan 21, 2023 12:14 PM

Mar 2010
Huh they really crammed everything like dat, but damn I wish the mom part lasted a bit longer.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 21, 2023 12:48 PM
Dec 2022
What a mother to be barging in like that, and to top it she was badgering about Amane's relationship with Mahiru XD. I feel so bad for Mahriu! She's pratically been alone all this time and not having anyone call her by her name😭! Take care of her Amane, cuz it's always nice to have that one person you can trust. Man i'm jealous of their relationship. I can't believe his friends found out Mahiru's his neighbor this early in the series, I wonder how this'll turn out.🧐😏
Jan 21, 2023 1:02 PM

Feb 2022
Amane's mom is great she seems very much in her own world but definitely cares about her son. I guess it was going to happen eventually anyway so the cats out of the bag, that over the top reaction from Chitose and Itsuki paired with such a small "Oh" from Mahiru made me laugh.
Jan 21, 2023 1:05 PM

Dec 2021
I'm changing my opinion. This show is very much wholesome. Glad that they didn't create a mess out of the "girlfriend" thing. This show is just very smooth.

𝓢𝓪𝓴𝓾𝓻𝓪
𝓚𝓲𝓷𝓸𝓶𝓸𝓽𝓸
Jan 21, 2023 1:54 PM

Dec 2020
sony_censyo said:
I was about to say the same thing. Well, I kinda get it, they're just picking up the most interesting parts which is shame because I really like the slice of life side of it too. But I wonder on which chapter or volume will the anime end. I was guessing that it could end on volume 2 but at this pace I feel like we'll get more.
Jan 21, 2023 2:17 PM

Feb 2021
Amane just got exposed twice in the same episode lmao. Even though I said that the animation was stiff, this show is insanely wholesome. But this cliffhanger though...really looking forward to next the episode!
Jan 21, 2023 2:35 PM

Aug 2020
What an ending lmao way to cliffhang
clannad is the greatest piece of fiction to ever exist.
Jan 21, 2023 2:45 PM
Jul 2021
Sweat, caring and wholesome … a pleasure to watch!😀👍❤️
Jan 21, 2023 2:59 PM

Jul 2016
Can we have more of the mom and the cheesy couple, please? Far more interesting characters than the main duo without a single doubt.
Jan 21, 2023 4:05 PM
Mar 2020
THIS WEEK IS GONNA FEEL LIKE HELL, pls me wanna watch ep4
Jan 21, 2023 4:07 PM
Dec 2021
How can this romance have a score lower than 8? I gave it a 10 already.
Have watched over 90 romances I would put this in a top 10 easily.

Yeah I would love that the female lead looked more like a woman instead of a little girl but who cares!!
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Otonari no Tenshi-sama ni Itsunomanika Dame Ningen ni Sareteita Ken Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2023

164 by Neko_Rance »»
Oct 15, 6:05 PM

Poll: » Otonari no Tenshi-sama ni Itsunomanika Dame Ningen ni Sareteita Ken Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

_MushiRock11_ - Mar 25, 2023

363 by imhaze »»
Oct 8, 10:42 AM

Poll: » Otonari no Tenshi-sama ni Itsunomanika Dame Ningen ni Sareteita Ken Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2023

133 by imhaze »»
Oct 8, 7:46 AM

Poll: » Otonari no Tenshi-sama ni Itsunomanika Dame Ningen ni Sareteita Ken Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2023

295 by LordCrueltyV »»
Oct 3, 7:56 PM

» The title of this anime is all wrong o.o

Revillo_Phoenix - Sep 5

7 by Satokun68 »»
Sep 16, 9:48 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.