Forum Settings
Forums

'Lucky☆Star' Manga Resumes Serialization, Switches to Mitaina! Magazine

New
Sep 3, 2022 12:11 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Doujin circle C2 Kikan announced on Saturday that Kagami Yoshimizu's Lucky☆Star manga is resuming its serialization after over eight years on hiatus. The manga will switch to Kadokawa's Mitaina! magazine, beginning with the third issue on November 10.

Yoshimizu began drawing Lucky☆Star in Comptiq in 2004. The slice of life comedy series was also featured in multiple Kadokawa magazines, including Comp Ace, Shounen Ace, and Newtype. The manga entered hiatus in 2014 due to a new project Yoshimizu was developing. Kadokawa published the tenth volume in November 2013.

Kyoto Animation produced a 24-episode television anime in Spring 2007 and an original video anime in September 2008. Kadokawa Pictures USA and Bandai Entertainment originally licensed the anime in North America and released it in six DVD volumes from May 2008 to March 2009. Funimation reacquired the anime in August 2014 and released it on home video in July 2016.

Bandai Entertainment published the first eight volumes in English between March 2009 and February 2011 before the company went defunct. VIZ Media relicensed the manga for digital release in 2014 and published the eighth volume in February 2015.

Synopsis
When eating a chocolate cornet, which end do you begin with, the top or the bottom? Which side is the top and which is the bottom? For that matter, what is a chocolate cornet? The proper way to eat pastries is only one of the many everyday occurrences explored by the girls of Ms. Kuroi's class.

Meet Konata, an athletic and intelligent girl too dedicated to her favorite primetime anime to excel in anything but otaku culture; Miyuki, the cute, bespectacled living example of moe with an encyclopedic knowledge of all subjects; Kagami, the bitter-sweet, tough but shy straight-man to Konata's constant teasing and pranks; and her younger fraternal twin sister, Tsukasa, a kind but air-headed klutz. Witness this study in the human condition as our heroines explore the unexplored in questioning the ordinary! (Source: Bandai Entertainment, edited)

Source: C2 Kikan on Twitter
VindstotSep 3, 2022 10:52 AM

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 3, 2022 12:56 AM

Dec 2009
Finally! Happy it's finally back.
Sep 3, 2022 12:59 AM

May 2021
Wow, I'm surprised it's no longer on a hiatus.
Sep 3, 2022 1:01 AM

Oct 2017
Wish KyoAni would make season 2.
Sep 3, 2022 1:39 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Oh dear, I'm surprised Lucky Star is about to be revived....

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Sep 3, 2022 1:51 AM

Apr 2020
NO WAY! what a surprise! Just rewatched the show recently too!
Sep 3, 2022 2:23 AM

Aug 2021
I can't freakin believe this!! Man now we're talkin'.

#SupportForKyoAni#
Sep 3, 2022 3:26 AM

Apr 2012
MegamiRem said:

Only if on a wave of nostalgia. This show is very outdated by today's standards.
Sep 3, 2022 4:18 AM

Jun 2017
RobertBobert said:
MegamiRem said:

Only if on a wave of nostalgia. This show is very outdated by today's standards.

Begs the question of how you'd even continue the manga in the present day. do the later chapters just adapt by referencing more contemporary works? are we going to see konata play Among Us and do the fortnite dance?
Sep 3, 2022 4:31 AM

Apr 2012
GreatAide said:
RobertBobert said:

Begs the question of how you'd even continue the manga in the present day. do the later chapters just adapt by referencing more contemporary works? are we going to see konata play Among Us and do the fortnite dance?

This is exactly what I meant. Works that are built on permanent references never age well, because they just get too old when their favorite era ends. The Nostalgic Critic has shown this very well when discussing why films with this kind of humor from the 90s and early 00s suck so much. Of course, you can try to make them more modern, but then you get the classic case of "Hello, fellow kids!" because of poorly written jokes about gadgets and current trends.
Sep 3, 2022 4:53 AM

Aug 2022
And just when I started watching the anime! I'm psychic hehe (>ᴗ•)

I know some ppl are worried it'll feel outdated, but imo the original stuff is charming because it feels like you're just sitting down and joking around with some friends. Anyway, isn't Konata written to be seen as kinda lame in-universe? Some outdated jokes would totally suit her!

I can't wait!!

Sep 3, 2022 5:14 AM

Feb 2012
That's great news, its one of the more recognizable series around, nice to have it back.
Sep 3, 2022 7:45 AM
Apr 2022
RobertBobert said:

This is exactly what I meant. Works that are built on permanent references never age well, because they just get too old when their favorite era ends. The Nostalgic Critic has shown this very well when discussing why films with this kind of humor from the 90s and early 00s suck so much. Of course, you can try to make them more modern, but then you get the classic case of "Hello, fellow kids!" because of poorly written jokes about gadgets and current trends.
I'm sure there will be many, many people who will enjoy Lucky Star continuation for what it is, outdated jokes, or not.

Also, no one in Japan really cares what Nostalgic Critic thinks.
Sep 3, 2022 7:48 AM

Apr 2012
Azering said:
RobertBobert said:

I'm sure there will be many, many people who will enjoy Lucky Star continuation for what it is, outdated jokes, or not.

Also, no one in Japan really cares what Nostalgic Critic thinks.

As I said, on a wave of nostalgia.

Please spare me such obvious salinity. You can understand what people in Japan really care about, if only because Lucky Star stopped being an actual franchise over 15 years ago. Works that enjoy actual popularity do not go on eight-year breaks either.
Sep 3, 2022 8:02 AM
Apr 2022
RobertBobert said:

As I said, on a wave of nostalgia.

Please spare me such obvious salinity. You can understand what people in Japan really care about, if only because Lucky Star stopped being an actual franchise over 15 years ago. Works that enjoy actual popularity do not go on eight-year breaks either.
My point was simply that new Lucky Star content will be fine (if author knows what they are doing), and opinions of you, or that Nostalgic Critic guy don't really matter in the grand scheme of things.
Sep 3, 2022 9:31 AM
Apr 2022
Very exciting!

As I've finally gotten back into watching anime and reading manga, my favourite series gets revived!!

There's something to really look forward to this year!! (๑˃ᴗ˂)ﻭ
Sep 3, 2022 9:34 AM

May 2015
A new season would help their sales and make less seasoned watchers want to watch Haruhi, which in turn could help it get another season as well. Who am I kidding, that's never going to happen.
Sep 3, 2022 9:34 AM
Dec 2017

I had to bring this here for the news lol.

Sep 3, 2022 2:01 PM

May 2009
I've had the same sig for 12 years for a reason. Couldn't be more excited.
IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED ODDTAXI OR SAIKI K I'LL BONK YOU IN THE HEAD

Sep 3, 2022 2:22 PM

Aug 2015
One of the early "cute girls doing cute things" anime i ever watched. Looking forward to it again.
Sep 3, 2022 2:22 PM
Apr 2022
Speaking of outdated jokes, I often have a feeling that they are outdated (as in that they aren't funny anymore) only to vocal Internet minority.

Like, this is old AF by this point, but I find it funny.

Sep 3, 2022 3:11 PM

Nov 2008
Wait, this manga is still around? Where's the Season 2? It's almost 15 years overdue.

Sep 3, 2022 3:25 PM

Apr 2012
Hoppy said:
Wait, this manga is still around? Where's the Season 2? It's almost 15 years overdue.

As I said above, there is no second season because such shows do not age well and Lucky Star, along with franchises like Oreimo, gradually ceased to be trendy. Around the same time, KyoAni switched to their all-male and all-female cash cows.
Sep 3, 2022 3:34 PM
May 2020
Aye! huge win for Lucky Star fans less goo!
Sep 3, 2022 4:22 PM
Dec 2020
Am happy
Post Message
Sep 3, 2022 9:06 PM
Dec 2017
Hoppy said:

yep its still been around and season 2 could still happen once kyoani catches back itself as even with the arson the after effects still remains. honestly nobody deserves anything from kyoani at this point because of brainless insects saying they should burn again because of dragon maid those peopel should be reported to high heaven real talk.

Sep 4, 2022 2:44 AM

Apr 2012
LunarCatx said:

What do you mean by "huge win for the fans"? How did the fans influence it?
Sep 4, 2022 2:58 AM

May 2014
RobertBobert said:
LunarCatx said:

Because the manga is continuing?
Sep 4, 2022 3:00 AM

Apr 2012
Ericonator said:
RobertBobert said:

Yes, the fans will happy. But victory? The fans had nothing to do with it.
Sep 4, 2022 2:15 PM
Dec 2020
RobertBobert said:
Ericonator said:

Yes, the fans will happy. But victory? The fans had nothing to do with it.

Its a win for the fans in the sense that they are the ones who will profit from the new serialization. Besides, "huge win" is just kind of a common saying when that sort of exciting news happen.
Sep 4, 2022 5:25 PM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
This is awesome news. Always happy to see love for such a beloved series of mine.

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes
Sep 4, 2022 6:14 PM
Dec 2019
SEASON 2 SOONRRRRRR
Wataru doesn't care about the genuine thing
Sep 5, 2022 9:21 AM
Community Mod
Equanimity

Nov 2020
Thread cleaned, please refrain from off-topic chit-chatting.
Sep 6, 2022 5:02 AM
Aug 2021
god damn glad to be back
Sep 8, 2022 7:19 AM

Jun 2009
How the hell is this even still a thing lol
Sep 10, 2022 12:58 AM

Aug 2015
i just realized that lucky star's manga isn't even fully translated right now, i hope someone picks it up again in light of recent news!
Sep 12, 2022 6:18 AM
May 2020
RobertBobert said:
LunarCatx said:

They didn't, its a win for the fandom because we're getting another adaptation for an anime well loved. Not sure if your question was genuine or instigative but either way this is what i meant by "huge win"
Sep 12, 2022 6:42 AM

Apr 2012
LunarCatx said:
RobertBobert said:

They didn't, its a win for the fandom because we're getting another adaptation for an anime well loved. Not sure if your question was genuine or instigative but either way this is what i meant by "huge win"

It wasn't a victory because you didn't put in any effort to get it. And they didn't compete with anyone. This is what I wanted to point out when criticizing such "fandom" idioms. And it's not "another adaptation", it's just the original manga back from hiatus.
Sep 14, 2022 3:50 AM
May 2020
RobertBobert said:
LunarCatx said:

It wasn't a victory because you didn't put in any effort to get it. And they didn't compete with anyone. This is what I wanted to point out when criticizing such "fandom" idioms. And it's not "another adaptation", it's just the original manga back from hiatus.
My man, is your life so dull that you need to pick fights in order to get any kind of high or rush? Or is it an ego thing? It was a comment simply made to show my excitement for a show returning and i added the "fans" part in order to hopefully strike up conversations with like minded people. Instead however i ended up getting you, but that's the internet i guess.
Sep 14, 2022 4:21 AM

Apr 2012
LunarCatx said:
RobertBobert said:

My man, is your life so dull that you need to pick fights in order to get any kind of high or rush? Or is it an ego thing? It was a comment simply made to show my excitement for a show returning and i added the "fans" part in order to hopefully strike up conversations with like minded people. Instead however i ended up getting you, but that's the internet i guess.

You don’t understand that it’s you who are dispersing this dialogue right now, right? And yes, I'd rather redirect the ego question to someone who can't get over the fact that someone on the internet didn't like his vocabulary.
Sep 14, 2022 5:59 AM
May 2020
RobertBobert said:
LunarCatx said:

You don’t understand that it’s you who are dispersing this dialogue right now, right? And yes, I'd rather redirect the ego question to someone who can't get over the fact that someone on the internet didn't like his vocabulary.
you said it yourself, your picking a fight over something as trivial as you not liking the way something was worded, you must be pretty board, or at the very least you must have some kind of resentment for some reason when it comes to people proclaiming "wins", since that seems to be your main issue with me.
Sep 14, 2022 6:09 AM

Apr 2012
LunarCatx said:
RobertBobert said:

you said it yourself, your picking a fight over something as trivial as you not liking the way something was worded, you must be pretty board, or at the very least you must have some kind of resentment for some reason when it comes to people proclaiming "wins", since that seems to be your main issue with me.

Only you provoke the fight. All I said is that I think this idiom is stupid. But now you attack me personally, speculate about my motives and are generally openly passive-aggressive. It looks like you are just trying to shift the responsibility for the conflict to me in advance, so as not to feel guilty for your aggressive behavior. Classic.
Sep 14, 2022 6:23 AM
May 2020
RobertBobert said:
LunarCatx said:

Only you provoke the fight. All I said is that I think this idiom is stupid. But now you attack me personally, speculate about my motives and are generally openly passive-aggressive. It looks like you are just trying to shift the responsibility for the conflict to me in advance, so as not to feel guilty for your aggressive behavior. Classic.
If we rewind our "issue" that we've been having so far back to the beginning {go look if you need to} You will see that i explained my reason for wording it the way i did and what i was actually trying to say. I said that the fandom had no impact on it yet you ignored that and stated something along the lines of it not being a win for the fandom because no effort was put into it by the fandom, deliberately ignoring what i said about the fandom not being involved. Ive also looked through some comments of other people you've been talking to about my wording and they have explained to you as well that the term "huge win" in this particular case is used to express excitement. However you are deliberately ignored that as well. Your the instigator here and your aware of it and are just fringing ignorance to keep the heat up
Sep 14, 2022 6:28 AM

Apr 2012
LunarCatx said:
RobertBobert said:

If we rewind our "issue" that we've been having so far back to the beginning {go look if you need to} You will see that i explained my reason for wording it the way i did and what i was actually trying to say. I said that the fandom had no impact on it yet you ignored that and stated something along the lines of it not being a win for the fandom because no effort was put into it by the fandom, deliberately ignoring what i said about the fandom not being involved. Ive also looked through some comments of other people you've been talking to about my wording and they have explained to you as well that the term "huge win" in this particular case is used to express excitement. However you are deliberately ignored that as well. Your the instigator here and your aware of it and are just fringing ignorance to keep the heat up

Your answer is twice as long as mine, and again consists of trying to speculate on my motives and bait me into a argument. Please remind me again, who provokes this to fight?
Sep 14, 2022 6:33 AM
May 2020
RobertBobert said:
LunarCatx said:

Your answer is twice as long as mine, and again consists of trying to speculate on my motives and bait me into a argument. Please remind me again, who provokes this to fight?
i just explained to you how your the instigator, with examples. Yet you'll ignore that too, go figure
Sep 14, 2022 6:43 AM

Apr 2012
LunarCatx said:
RobertBobert said:

i just explained to you how your the instigator, with examples. Yet you'll ignore that too, go figure

Just forget about it if you don't want to remember it. Everything is simple.
Sep 14, 2022 6:46 AM
May 2020
RobertBobert said:
LunarCatx said:

Even more avoidance towards what i pointed out, nice.
Sep 14, 2022 6:48 AM

Apr 2012
LunarCatx said:
RobertBobert said:

Dude, seriously. Just drop it and forget it. Trying to get the last word for yourself will only further prove that you are the one who is trying to set this on fire. Okay, I'll be smarter and just stop answering you.
Sep 14, 2022 6:51 AM
May 2020
RobertBobert said:
LunarCatx said:

Dude, seriously. Just drop it and forget it. Trying to get the last word for yourself will only further prove that you are the one who is trying to set this on fire. Okay, I'll be smarter and just stop answering you.
Didn't play out the way you wanted huh? Alright, was nice chatting
Sep 14, 2022 7:21 AM

May 2020
More of Lucky☆Star? That's definitely something to be suprised of, I'm quite honestly curious to read the manga now to see how it continues

MAL is the perfect place to shit talk about people's opinions.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

12 by _ATG_ »»
4 hours ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - 9 hours ago

7 by Yubisoft »»
5 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 24

5 by Kushna »»
Yesterday, 5:34 PM

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
Yesterday, 4:09 PM

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Apr 24, 3:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.