Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 28, 2022 2:46 AM

Sep 2020
Already dropped. I'm quite surprised that it is still this highly rated. I thought it would be like most anime originals and fall off. I'm still not gonna watch it tho. Saying it is boring is definitely an understatement.

๐’ฎ๐‘œ๐“‚๐‘’๐“‰๐’พ๐“‚๐‘’๐“ˆ, ๐“Ž๐‘œ๐“Š ๐’ธ๐’ถ๐“ƒ'๐“‰ ๐“‚๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’ ๐’ป๐‘œ๐“‡๐“Œ๐’ถ๐“‡๐’น ๐“Œ๐’พ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘œ๐“Š๐“‰ ๐’ธ๐“๐‘œ๐“ˆ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘” ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’น๐‘œ๐‘œ๐“‡ ๐’ท๐‘’๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐’น ๐“Ž๐‘œ๐“Š. - ๐‘…๐‘’๐’พ ๐’ฆ๐’พ๐“‡๐’พ๐“Ž๐’ถ๐“‚๐’ถ

Aug 28, 2022 2:47 AM

Sep 2020
MegaStride said:

Is the plot going to pick up anytime soon? 8 episodes in and I'm close to dropping this failure.
There is no source material so no one is going to know if the plot picks up. That's the risk of watching anime originals.

๐’ฎ๐‘œ๐“‚๐‘’๐“‰๐’พ๐“‚๐‘’๐“ˆ, ๐“Ž๐‘œ๐“Š ๐’ธ๐’ถ๐“ƒ'๐“‰ ๐“‚๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’ ๐’ป๐‘œ๐“‡๐“Œ๐’ถ๐“‡๐’น ๐“Œ๐’พ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘œ๐“Š๐“‰ ๐’ธ๐“๐‘œ๐“ˆ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘” ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’น๐‘œ๐‘œ๐“‡ ๐’ท๐‘’๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐’น ๐“Ž๐‘œ๐“Š. - ๐‘…๐‘’๐’พ ๐’ฆ๐’พ๐“‡๐’พ๐“Ž๐’ถ๐“‚๐’ถ

Aug 28, 2022 2:55 AM
May 2021
MegaStride said:

Is the plot going to pick up anytime soon? 8 episodes in and I'm close to dropping this failure.
I thought ep 9 was quite eventful ¯\_(ใƒ„)_/¯
Aug 28, 2022 3:03 AM
Apr 2022
thunderkitten667 said:
You are at episode 9 and just barely made the conclusion you are bored? I suggest just dropping it then. Don’t worry, there’s always Dragon Tales or Teletubbies, I imagine those would be able to capture your attention span long enough...

man what the fuck๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚. he would be retarded to do that
Aug 28, 2022 3:05 AM

Feb 2021
the anime is ok, nothing really special (definitely overrated). what's more fun is seeing lycotards seethe when someone states truth about their beloved mediocre anime lol
Aug 28, 2022 3:10 AM
May 2022
It's just a war yuri SoL anime just drop it
Aug 28, 2022 3:22 AM

Jul 2019
deg said:
the plot is almost none existent because the main selling point is the cute moments
I've never watched this but how come so many ppl enjoy it then??
Aug 28, 2022 3:22 AM
Dec 2020
Willology said:
please drop it and watch shield hero or something so they don't think about appealing to you in future endeavors

shield hero s2 is trash
Aug 28, 2022 3:42 AM

Aug 2021
Jesus, why everyone triggered and rude
Aug 28, 2022 3:53 AM
cinnamon girl โ™ก

Apr 2021
Beninja said:
deg said:
the plot is almost none existent because the main selling point is the cute moments

dude that’s the understatement of the century, the story and characters are great and well written. There are nice moments sure, but the story is very strong and is why the show is so highly rated - if it was all just cute stuff with no substance it’d be shit, and LycoReco is far from bad.

ummm you'll see the rating after 6 months :) what happened to Wonder Egg Priority will happen to this. I think the shows fun ... But that's just it.
i wish you love
Aug 28, 2022 3:57 AM
cinnamon girl โ™ก

Apr 2021
NextUniverse said:
deg said:
๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ
Wait for a few months... The rating will get diluted and
At this time only the enjoyers are loud ... You'll see yourself
It's nothing more than a decent show
i wish you love
cinnamon girl โ™ก

Apr 2021
vladchanCh said:
the anime is ok, nothing really special (definitely overrated). what's more fun is seeing lycotards seethe when someone states truth about their beloved mediocre anime lol
i hate to agree with you lol i had high hopes but its kinda idk meh.
i wish you love

Jul 2019
soniyay said:
NextUniverse said:
๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ
Wait for a few months... The rating will get diluted and
At this time only the enjoyers are loud ... You'll see yourself
It's nothing more than a decent show
well damn, all that hype for nothing
Aug 28, 2022 4:06 AM

Jun 2020
Agree, I haven't seen the newest episode though but I hope they make some progress for the actual story there. They're literally wasting the potential at this point.
Aug 28, 2022 4:22 AM

Jul 2015
titodacat said:
MegaStride said:
I'm sitting here waiting for the plot to kick off but every episode is just them lollygagging around the coffee shop. I want to see the darker side of the society like Psycho-Pass, not them helping random people and wasting time every episode. That's not even to mention how annoying Chisato is as a character. She never keeps her mouth closed and is always making cringe jokes and noises.

blantant troll being blantant

Not sure a if troll, but takes from this person are kinda wild. I think we are dealing with a rare case of objectively "s*it taste".
Just take a look at this:
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2037479&show=0#post44

Aug 28, 2022 4:27 AM

Feb 2021
def sounds like a you problem.
Aug 28, 2022 4:28 AM
Jan 2022
Jellyeon said:
MegaStride said:
I'm sitting here waiting for the plot to kick off but every episode is just them lollygagging around the coffee shop. I want to see the darker side of the society like Psycho-Pass, not them helping random people and wasting time every episode. That's not even to mention how annoying Chisato is as a character. She never keeps her mouth closed and is always making cringe jokes and noises.

What, u want the anime ends faster, no way, hell nah. We all do want the plot to be shown fast, but on the side note, i want the whole story to be more stable, (fillers) u know they spending time with each other and it looks more realistic, and not being focused on the main story. If they keep focused on the main story, they will literally ended up with no idea, and they will starting to mess with the show, and ended up just like boruto which is trash

Yes this what i was looking for
Aug 28, 2022 4:40 AM

Jan 2009
NextUniverse said:
deg said:

its cute slice of life with enough action
Aug 28, 2022 4:45 AM
Tatakae
Feb 2020
Beninja said:
deg said:

dude that’s the understatement of the century, the story and characters are great and well written. There are nice moments sure, but the story is very strong and is why the show is so highly rated - if it was all just cute stuff with no substance it’d be shit, and LycoReco is far from bad.
bro said the story and characters are well written don’t kid yourself ๐Ÿ˜‚
Aug 28, 2022 5:09 AM
Feb 2017
Piromysl said:
titodacat said:

blantant troll being blantant

Not sure a if troll, but takes from this person are kinda wild. I think we are dealing with a rare case of objectively "s*it taste".
Just take a look at this:
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2037479&show=0#post44

Please don’t bring up that you’re a closeted lolicon in this thread, please. If you are still seething, go tell your friends and family. I bet they’ll definitely understand and still be close to you after that.
chocomayu said:
Agree, I haven't seen the newest episode though but I hope they make some progress for the actual story there. They're literally wasting the potential at this point.

One can only hope so.
27thEiffel said:
Jesus, why everyone triggered and rude

Because people struggle with the idea of people disagreeing with them.

Aug 28, 2022 5:23 AM

Dec 2019
Nope, each episode is wholesome and exciting, I kept saying I wanted to know more about alan institute, majima, so the episodes always excited me especially how awesome of a character chisato is.

"That's why, at this very moment, in the interval of a second,
I wish to cross the world lines and protect your smile.
Then, once again into a time loop devoid of misery,
I will be swallowed as a lonely observer."

Aug 28, 2022 5:25 AM

Dec 2019
MegaStride said:

I guess if you want something like that then you are watching the wrong show.

"That's why, at this very moment, in the interval of a second,
I wish to cross the world lines and protect your smile.
Then, once again into a time loop devoid of misery,
I will be swallowed as a lonely observer."

Aug 28, 2022 5:36 AM
Apr 2022
it's more yuri driven than plot driven if u ask me.
Aug 28, 2022 6:09 AM
Feb 2017
Otako-chan said:
Not everything has to be dark. Just because it’s not what you expected, you’re going to drop it? Sounds extreme.

You realise that's exactly why they should drop it? if they're went into it not knowing a thing about it and are disappointed, why should they carry on watching? really don't get what you were trying to say.
Aug 28, 2022 6:17 AM
Jul 2016
Makaflayer said:
MegaStride said:

I feel the same still don't know why ppl is so hype for this show, looks more like an slice of life than an action show :D

P.D. Psycho Pass kick this anime in his balls, this is a joke in comparison.

Indeed but sad that production i.g ruined it for easy cash
Aug 28, 2022 6:31 AM

Oct 2014
It clearly wasn't made for you if you aren't liking it. Not every anime has to be aimed at you specifically, and even if there were elements at the beginning that made you think it was up your alley, if you're discovering now that it isn't then there isn't much point in continuing.
Aug 28, 2022 7:08 AM
Feb 2022
Not bored at all! Everything won't be dark or blood everywhere. Drop it if you feel like that.
Aug 28, 2022 7:20 AM

Oct 2018
MidCoris ReDonkeylous as it finest.

“Once you've been loved once and have loved once, you cannot forget it.”
โ€• Natsume Takashi
Aug 28, 2022 7:38 AM
Nov 2018
MegaStride said:

That’s not what the show is going for. If your looking for a psycho pass this ain’t it chief. The plot has been kicking off, you just haven’t been able to see it. And how have they been just sitting around the coffee shop? They’re doing cool shit every episode, while also developing the characters.
Aug 28, 2022 8:19 AM
Dec 2020
Nope because I have high hopes for this anime and there's no reason to drop it.
Aug 28, 2022 8:57 AM

May 2018
There is always viewers complaining about little things.

if you dont like it then stop watching. No one is forcing you to watch it. Go and watch Pokemon or Little Pony

"Don't give up after failing just twice.
We'll be able to do it next time.
Failure is the stepping stone to success."

Aug 28, 2022 9:37 AM

Jan 2021
NextUniverse said:
deg said:

Remember Marin from Sono Bisque Doll? Well, take out her desnudist cosplayer part, replace it with guns and Ultra Instinct and you will have Chisato, literally the same character archetype. I don't think it is anything bad, but nothing to gush about about her, but people seem to really really like her. Besides that add some cute moments between 2 girl friends and people will think for some reason that it is a yuri and lose their heads over it.
Aug 28, 2022 10:53 AM

Feb 2022
tbh, I'm only watching Lycoris Recoil cause of Chisato.

Aug 28, 2022 11:03 AM
Jan 2021
No. The character design was at first the reason why I watched it. Now it is because of the story and because I want to know what is Majima planning. It got more interesting, just watched Episode 9 and I can't wait for Episode 10
Aug 28, 2022 11:04 AM
Jan 2021
MegaStride said:

Watch Episode 9. If you still think like this after you watched drop it, but if you don't like Chisato you will love this Episode and drop it.
Aug 28, 2022 12:09 PM

Dec 2012
Bro how are we comparing this to psycho pass, both anime have literally nothing to do with each other apart from the guns part

This anime is best enjoyed with expectations for a SoL and not a dark story
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Aug 28, 2022 12:10 PM
May 2018
MegaStride said:

If you see no plot progression after 8 eps, your not watching it. Keep on trolling,bro:)
Aug 28, 2022 12:34 PM

Sep 2018
So, the OP is literally watching this show while wanting it to be a different show.

And they're still doing that after 8 episodes!?

What a slow learner lmao.

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Aug 28, 2022 12:40 PM

Mar 2014
I wouldn't say it's boring but I am disappointed because I could not follow the plot (if there is any), like I still don't know what Majima or that Yoshi guy was it ? even wants. The only thing I enjoy is the Chisato and Takina cute moments
Aug 28, 2022 8:45 PM

Aug 2016
I don't really like Psycho Pass, so I appreciate that it's not exploring the "darker aspects of society". In general, stories that do that sort of thing tend to feel condescending, so I think LycoReco is demonstrating a good deal of restraint and self-awareness in how it's handling its setting.

deg said:

I'm not really sure how someone gets this impression tbh. Every episode has either been a mix of SoL stuff and plot, or just solely focused on building up the story and character drama.
People who put MAL stats in their sigs are losers lol
Aug 28, 2022 9:57 PM
Apr 2022
thunderkitten667 said:
You are at episode 9 and just barely made the conclusion you are bored? I suggest just dropping it then. Don’t worry, there’s always Dragon Tales or Teletubbies, I imagine those would be able to capture your attention span long enough...

Teletubbies too deep and philosophical for the average chipmunk mind to process and comprehend
Aug 28, 2022 10:54 PM
Feb 2017
izumanami said:
MegaStride said:

shut up you edgy motherfucker, what do you think this story is? A fucking cop drama show? no its just your average CGDCT with guns. just drop it if you think its boring

Settle down you edgy boy it's just an anime you dont need to throw insults
Aug 29, 2022 12:06 AM

Dec 2014
This show seriously need a harem male lead.
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Aug 29, 2022 12:46 AM

Jul 2022
Nah, you're on the wrong book my friend. Don't expect advanced math in romance novels.

Just drop it. Keeping your sanity should be your primary focus. Watch something that makes it on your list, don't follow something just because it's on the mainline or had some kind of rumour. Find something that entertained you, and does not make your day worst.

Cus even though "the plot" is exist, it ain't gonna as you expected because the protag relationship is the selling point, which means they will focus more on the relationship screentime and compress "the plot" into very limited screentime.
Aug 29, 2022 1:32 AM

Sep 2018
On the contrary, one of the few anime that's getting better or at least consistent with every episode IMO.
Aug 29, 2022 1:42 AM
Jun 2020
cant wait for it to end and i hope for a bad end and majima winning at the end killing all damn lycoris
Aug 29, 2022 3:05 AM
Aug 2017
If you hate Chisato and the anime so much then just drop it lol No one will care
Aug 29, 2022 9:20 AM

Apr 2012
Oh, first hate thread. Congratulations Licorice fans, your show has really become popular.
Aug 29, 2022 3:29 PM
Dec 2021
RobertBobert said:
Oh, first hate thread. Congratulations Licorice fans, your show has really become popular.

Actually, this is the second (or possibly third) one.

People should just drop Lycoris Recoil. The anime makes absolute zero sense, and it’s not intending to be either. Whoever tried to balance the slice-of-life with a weird assassination subplot couldn’t do it right. And apparently it was supposed to be darker than it already is? Wow, it’s still very dark. (the panties scene. why)

We noticed some people only watch the show for Chisato, who is admittedly cute, but there are cuter anime girls in better anime out there, such as:

- Pecorine

- Pecorine

- Pecorine

- Pecorine

- Pecorine

- Homura Akemi

- Pecorine

- Pecorine

- Pecorine
Aug 29, 2022 3:35 PM

Apr 2012
GreyStoneFlinger said:
RobertBobert said:

Actually, this is the second (or possibly third) one.

People should just drop Lycoris Recoil. The anime makes absolute zero sense, and it’s not intending to be either. Whoever tried to balance the slice-of-life with a weird assassination subplot couldn’t do it right. And apparently it was supposed to be darker than it already is? Wow, it’s still very dark. (the panties scene. why)

We noticed some people only watch the show for Chisato, who is admittedly cute, but there are cuter anime girls in better anime out there, such as:

- Pecorine

- Pecorine

- Pecorine

- Pecorine

- Pecorine

- Homura Akemi

- Pecorine

- Pecorine

- Pecorine

Too obvious bait, try again.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2022

450 by StewedBeefHaunch »»
Sep 8, 2:17 AM

» Your favourite character and scenes.

Hickykissy - Aug 24

24 by thelastavocado »»
Aug 26, 3:02 PM

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2022

289 by six20 »»
Aug 19, 12:47 PM

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2022

305 by Satireslovers »»
Aug 15, 9:06 AM

» New Short Movie mini-series confirmed

Yuri_Niji - Jul 23

11 by MarshallLeeee »»
Jul 25, 11:50 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.