Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 10, 2022 5:24 PM

May 2021
What a packed episode. We got to see Ash's pokemon again. I gotta ask, what's Charizard doing here? I thought he was supposed to be in that Valley, beefing himself up. Anyways, loved the cheer that the Fire and Water-types gave.

Next up, Paul. He seems to have slightly changed his attitude. Like allowing Electivire to play. I liked that, a necessary change perhaps seeing as he's asked to become a gym leader. And yeah, by the time he got out Metagross, I did realize they were all the ace pokemon of three of the champions. Glad we got to see where he's at.
RioFSJun 10, 2022 5:29 PM

Jun 10, 2022 5:31 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Ash vs Paul training match and this time Ash won, that's also nice for Gengar to improve and get ready for the master eight so we'll see that soon, and especially nice to see most of his previous pokemon back, with also his mother as well xD
Jun 10, 2022 6:13 PM

Apr 2015
I felt that the episode got the most out of it and added an exceptional dynamism among everyone. I could make a list of small moments that bring the whole episode to life, starting with Paul's development and the practical results of this both in his dialogues and actions as well as in his pokemon and his current trainer status, and with the chemistry between all the Pokémon showing each one where it should be.

I was so pleased that my worries about Paul's return were shattered by a very natural and balanced approach without being afraid of change. He was in that right measure somewhat like Gary: he came back more mature and respecting Ash as a Trainer but without losing that unpleasant personality - since their charisma is precisely in that.

Also, just want to point out how everyone is talking about Paul's development but almost no one is talking about Electivire alone (although it is basically a reflection of his Trainer). He decided to play with the little mons by itself until Paul suggested he do it longer. It reminds me of Paul's Torterra in DP deciding to teach Ash's Grotle on his own without Paul's consent. Pokémon being their own characters is an essential part of the Anipoke's soul that Journeys is trying to restore lately.

The only cons I noticed were not confirming rotations and not having dissolved all these informations and interactions among the 100+ previous episodes, but I felt that all passion putted here by the staff sweetened this issue a little.

It was basically episode 68 done right, with all the soul they could put into every scene.
Jun 10, 2022 11:04 PM

Jun 2021
Either Paul becomes Viridian City's gym leader because in the games that position ends on the Gary's equivalent, which clearly it's not gonna be the case in the anime so someone has to take it. Or he becomes gym leader of a city in pokespain and they end up adding Paul to the nextgen games.
Jun 11, 2022 2:16 AM

Sep 2018
You just know Paul's got all them elite mons in his PC box
Jun 11, 2022 5:23 AM
Oct 2021
I loved this episode.
Pauls appearance his character development is so finely done.
but in which region he'll become a gym leader?
Jun 11, 2022 6:22 AM

Nov 2011
Found it Ironic how Satoshi lost to Gaburias who belongs to Shirona, who in my opinion is the Best Pokemon trainer in the series. yes better then Dande. I feel like his battle with Shinji was a precedent for whats about to come and an eventual battle with Shirona.

Great episode. I thought Gengar was going to learn fire punch but Will-O-Wisp is cool too.

Welp looks like next week we meet Hop and the tournament starts. Should be interesting.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jun 11, 2022 8:19 AM

Dec 2011
Ash is ready for the master 8 and Paul character development was amazing.
Jun 11, 2022 9:48 AM
Sep 2021
EP 114 Of JN'S Was decent, the reunion of ash's older pokemon with him was little, good to see his Jn's team learn with other ash's pokemon. The battle was decent, hoped for more, and liked Paul's reappearance.
I give this episode 7/10.
Jun 11, 2022 10:31 AM
Aug 2021
in unova Charizard returned from valley
where are you living
Jun 11, 2022 11:26 AM

Feb 2021
The Training is going well and they can get prepared because of Satoshi Old Rival. The effect for Bullet Punch is really awesome!
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jun 11, 2022 10:19 PM

Jan 2016
Will-O-Wisp for Gengar is OP as hell from competitive Pokemon's perspective. In the instant the opponent lets their physical attacker get burned, it's really over for it if there is no countermeasure lol It would be even better if it also learned Hex to complement it.

It was good to see Paul again, and he really trained Ash in ways only Paul would do xD Also, it's surprising to see that he's a recommended candidate for a Gym Leader... He would better suited as the 8th one. He would be very harsh if trainers lose but for good reasons :P
THANKS SENPIEX
Jun 12, 2022 12:20 AM

Mar 2020
I'm crying tears seeing Satoshi's old pokemon interacting. Gangar is too adorable.

Shinji-kun's pokemon the same as the Masters 8,was that really a coincidence?? Hmm. If it was, how amazing is that.

That was an awesome 3v3 battle with Shinji-kun. I love the battle scenes. Hoping in the Masters Tournament we get to see some awesome sakuga.
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Jun 12, 2022 10:17 PM
Mar 2022
I only wish that god give him the idea of using his old pokemon if don’t and lose be honest I’ll be happy . Because of his idiotness. and draganite losing to garchomp which is gorund type where dragamite is flying type. honestly how satoshi/ash think he will use it to master 8
Jun 12, 2022 10:18 PM
Mar 2022
RioFS said:
What a packed episode. We got to see Ash's pokemon again. I gotta ask, what's Charizard doing here? I thought he was supposed to be in that Valley, beefing himself up. Anyways, loved the cheer that the Fire and Water-types gave.

Next up, Paul. He seems to have slightly changed his attitude. Like allowing Electivire to play. I liked that, a necessary change perhaps seeing as he's asked to become a gym leader. And yeah, by the time he got out Metagross, I did realize they were all the ace pokemon of three of the champions. Glad we got to see where he's at.

charizard return in pokemon white and black
Jun 13, 2022 8:03 AM

Apr 2016
It's so weird watching Paul be more nice but it was well done and I like him going down the same route of Gary in the games.

The battle was fun.

Gengar bonding with Ash's Fire type Pokémon was sweet, that hug with Infernape ♡

So Ash is not using any of his old Pokémon for the tournament? A little disappointed if that's the case.
Jun 15, 2022 11:44 AM

Sep 2007
I remember the Eevee family in the OP but not this part ...

But it's could be only me hahaha.

Anyways, great to see Paul return !
Jun 17, 2022 7:56 AM
Aug 2020
Best Gengar ever seen
Oct 28, 2022 12:36 PM
Feb 2018
I wanna give this EO a 6/5, It was that Good.
Paul's Gonna be a Gym Leader now, and Infernape and his relationship is healed too.
#BestRivalToDate
Nov 9, 2022 2:23 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
a training in home before the championship!!! kekeke
Nov 27, 2022 4:03 AM

Jul 2020
The return of Paul! Nice little challenge in preparation for the masters eight tournament. Looks like Paul is about to become a gym leader of his own. Overall it was great seeing Ash reunite with all of his Pokemon and return home to relax before what is bound to be a massive tournament.
Mar 7, 4:32 AM

Feb 2020
Interesting to see that Shinji has changed and seems a little more friendly

I don't know if it's just me, but Pikachu's voice in this episode seems different 🤔

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pokemon (2019) Episode 5 Discussion

Ri22rk - Dec 15, 2019

36 by Hilskuuu »»
Apr 21, 9:11 AM

Poll: » Pokemon (2019) Episode 7 Discussion

Ri22rk - Dec 29, 2019

45 by leanrv »»
Mar 22, 6:17 AM

Poll: » Pokemon (2019) Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ri22rk - Dec 22, 2019

51 by leanrv »»
Mar 19, 5:09 PM

Poll: » Pokemon (2019) Episode 136 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ChirekachiMizu - Dec 16, 2022

60 by Nerdason »»
Mar 17, 9:46 PM

Poll: » Pokemon (2019) Episode 135 Discussion

FlyingDunsparce - Dec 9, 2022

20 by Nerdason »»
Mar 17, 9:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.