Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »
Apr 11, 2022 2:20 AM
Apr 2020
Anything other than a 5/5 for this episode is clearly rated by someone who did not pay attention. This show does everything right, and it does a great job providing an introduction to 2 of the main characters. Usually first episodes tend to be a little unoriginal and have a hard time starting up, but this episode gives action while providing insight on Twilight and Anya. I have a feeling by the time this anime ends, it will be in my favorites.
Apr 11, 2022 2:22 AM

Feb 2021
LinkedHorizon007 said:
Nice! But somehow feels a bit rushed in the anime.
It also felt like the jokes were funnier in the Manga. is it because I've already read the Manga? happened with anyone else?

It feels rushed because it's almost a 1:1 translation from chapter 1. I know because I just read/watched them together. It's super tight, lol.

I'd imagine moving forward, the pacing will be a little bit more relaxed since chapter 1 is around 70 pages long and the others are 30 or less (chapter 2 is actually about 60 so it might be a similar pacing to this one).

Honestly, it does move fast, but it's not a bad adaptation at all, unlike *cough* God of High School *cough*
Apr 11, 2022 2:26 AM

Feb 2021
PermanentThesis said:
people were saying it's... wholesome? how tf is this wholesome? this is sad af. It just fucked up my mind now, and I'm gonna keep thinking about it for a few days, it just ruined everything, I was doing so good in keeping myself away from a sad show

Huh? Spy x Family isn't a sad show. It has sad moments, but for the most part it's very upbeat.
Apr 11, 2022 3:57 AM
Feb 2022
What a wholesome start, I'm loving it already
Apr 11, 2022 4:00 AM

Mar 2017
That was a hella great first episode and the thing I’m most relieved about is that Anya’s VA didn’t decide to go wacky with her voice. She just sounds and acts like a real life kid (thank god)

Next thing I’m happy about; Loid be looking hella fine like he does in the manga! 😍

The next episode is gonna be awesome with Yor introduced and those action scene with this high quality animation is gonna be so epic!
Apr 11, 2022 4:14 AM

May 2009
Good episode! Looks very pretty, good mix between action and "chill" scenes and explanation, interesting characters and fun plot so far.

Anya for sure is a cutie. I would like to adopt her and Boji from Ousama Ranking please.

ps. Could people stop rating a show when it's not finished yet? Last time I checked it ranked #11 on MAL overall. My peeps. Chill and wait~
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Apr 11, 2022 6:05 AM

Jun 2021
CaptFredricks said:
LinkedHorizon007 said:
Nice! But somehow feels a bit rushed in the anime.
It also felt like the jokes were funnier in the Manga. is it because I've already read the Manga? happened with anyone else?

It feels rushed because it's almost a 1:1 translation from chapter 1. I know because I just read/watched them together. It's super tight, lol.

I'd imagine moving forward, the pacing will be a little bit more relaxed since chapter 1 is around 70 pages long and the others are 30 or less (chapter 2 is actually about 60 so it might be a similar pacing to this one).

Honestly, it does move fast, but it's not a bad adaptation at all, unlike *cough* God of High School *cough*

Yes, hopefully it would be better. Someone already mentioned it in a reply to my previous forum post. But I've realised that the problem isn't actually that it is a 1:1 with the Manga. The actual problem is tight and non flexible TV schedules. I mean, if they could, the episode could have been 30 mins long, just enough time to adapt every thing. If the anime was broadcasted not on the TV but digitally just like the Manga I imagine the situation would be completely different.
Apr 11, 2022 7:17 AM
Mar 2022
It was a good episode. The plot got me from the start, so I knew exactly what I was supposed to watch at all. Just expected that the mother got introduced from the start too, but it was not something bad.

Also, I expected that Anya would act more like an adult, but I loved seeing her reactions as just a normal kid.

It was easy to predict how the relationship between Twilight and Anya would develop in this episode, but the charisma and this lovely aura that comes from her is so heartwarming that you truly wants to see her protected and happy - I'm absolutely Anya addicted hahahahahaha! -.

SPY x Family is my best shot for this Season. Hope it doesn't disappoint me. Until next episode, guys. Cheers!
Apr 11, 2022 8:10 AM
Sep 2021
I loved it!!
Anya is so cuteee😭❤️
waiting for mommy ✨
Apr 11, 2022 8:25 AM

Mar 2013
I don't know about the source but this first episode is really something. It feels freshening to watch something like this again. The kid is so adorable and Twilight is kinda badass.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Apr 11, 2022 8:25 AM

Oct 2015
__Ren_3_ said:
I loved it!!
Anya is so cuteee😭❤️
waiting for mommy ✨

Everyone is waiting for mommy... oh boy the Waifu season for spring gonna be stacked.
Apr 11, 2022 9:01 AM
Feb 2019
10/10 Masterpiece
Apr 11, 2022 9:23 AM
Jan 2019
beeandwin said:
10/10 Masterpiece

agreed

character limit
Apr 11, 2022 10:20 AM

Oct 2015
mydaddy said:
beeandwin said:
10/10 Masterpiece

agreed

character limit

HARD AGEEE X 100000000
Apr 11, 2022 11:03 AM
Feb 2016
As someone who hasn’t read the manga, I thought the pilot was really rushed, to the point where I had to double check the duration of the episode, as well as the playback speed of the video (some of the dialogue literally felt like it was on 2x). I guess Wit Studio and CloverWorks wanted to pack as much as possible in that first episode to give the viewers a good overview of what the series is about, and what’s to come. Not sure if the story will unfold at a much slower/normal pace in later episodes (I hope so), but I liked the VA and the overall production value, so I’ll keep an eye on this anime. If anything, it made me want to pick up the manga ASAP, so there’s that.
Apr 11, 2022 11:54 AM
Jan 2014
Ranked 11? What is this forced upvote?
Apr 11, 2022 12:00 PM

Sep 2016
anya va really great
glad one of my fav manga doing great.
Apr 11, 2022 12:33 PM

Oct 2015
butman said:

This is not reddit no upvote.
Apr 11, 2022 2:07 PM

Jul 2008
Idk what to say other than this was insanely enjoyable and I'm excited for the rest T_T
Apr 11, 2022 2:21 PM
Feb 2020
It was ok however I think they should have used more time to make the Spy dude get attached to Anya cus like that’s obviously out of character and that’s kinda the point but I feel like If they used more time it would have been better seeing him get more and more to start to carr about her and in this first episode maybe he should have not cared at all then care for her little by little instead of knowing her like one day and then just risking a lot to save her and all that. Anyways Idk how it’s like in the Manga which it is based on but if it’s like that in the Manga also then I guess it’s ok as they have to be Manga accurate.
Apr 11, 2022 3:13 PM
Nov 2021
I think my favorite parts were just the father daughter moments! Seeing them both happy was just really awesome! Like when she waited for him and didn’t go to the police! And when he picked her up my heart melted!!✨🚀
Apr 11, 2022 3:42 PM
Oct 2020
Wow, a 9 I know a lot of people like this but I didn't think it would go over kaguya sama as well.
Apr 11, 2022 4:50 PM

Mar 2021
I loved this episode and I can't wait to see what this anime has to offer. I absolutely adore Twilight and Anya so far, they are very likable MC's! I can't wait for ep 2 to release :D
Apr 11, 2022 5:32 PM

Apr 2020
WAKUWAKU! CHICHI! ...

SO HAPPY THIS SHOW FINALLY EXISTS!
Apr 11, 2022 5:51 PM
Sep 2018
Ok I may have dropped the manga but I definitely think the anime sold me with this series! Can’t wait for next episode!
Apr 11, 2022 5:53 PM

Oct 2021
What can I say other than I hate (but love) that little girl already!! That was a great first episode, can't wait for the next!
Apr 11, 2022 6:19 PM

Mar 2016
butman said:
it's a crowd pleaser what do you expect
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Apr 11, 2022 6:23 PM

Aug 2021
Great 1st episode....Anya was so cute throughout :3
Apr 11, 2022 6:45 PM
Jul 2018
What a wholesome start, I'm loving it already.
Apr 11, 2022 7:34 PM

May 2017
the pacing was a bit fast but that is a minuscule thing in an otherwise excellent first episode.

Plot premise seems super duper fun. Really curious to see if they can keep this level of excitement up.

Characters seem really likeable. I already love the interactions between Mr.Spy and Anya!

The production was absolutely flawless! Not surprised though, the staff is stacked. Hope the schedule isn't so horrible so they can keep up the high quality.

also the ed song was so freaking chill. good vibe.

Looking forward to more!!
shayed__Apr 11, 2022 7:40 PM
Apr 11, 2022 8:36 PM
Nov 2019
Ellisot said:
It was ok however I think they should have used more time to make the Spy dude get attached to Anya cus like that’s obviously out of character and that’s kinda the point but I feel like If they used more time it would have been better seeing him get more and more to start to carr about her and in this first episode maybe he should have not cared at all then care for her little by little instead of knowing her like one day and then just risking a lot to save her and all that. Anyways Idk how it’s like in the Manga which it is based on but if it’s like that in the Manga also then I guess it’s ok as they have to be Manga accurate.

I think you have misconception about Spies. Spies are unsusng heroes of a country. Loid himself said that he wants to creates a world where children don't have to cry. So Anya being child who got kidnapped from his place his enough reason for him to save her.
Apr 11, 2022 8:45 PM

Jan 2013
The masterpiece has officially started!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Apr 11, 2022 9:30 PM

Oct 2015
Ellisot said:

He did said it sub conscious, Loid have a past like Anya except no one stretch their hand to help him.
Apr 11, 2022 10:27 PM

Oct 2018
It's become a tradition for Wit to make excellent first episodes and this is no exception once again. Easily, the best thing about the episode was the directing. Even after all these years and Furuhashi has still got the same flow in his episodes. The voices are another peak point for this. Every single of the tones were nailed, especially for Loyd. Ending's a banger. Going to the manga once this part ends airing and easily the best pilot episode of the season. Absolutely deserves the score.

@rizuxizu Not too bad?? 3.1% for late-night timeslot is excellent.
Etherius_ZSApr 11, 2022 10:33 PM
Apr 11, 2022 11:16 PM

Oct 2015
Interesting fact... Spy x Family episode 1 have not been approved to be released on official platform bilibili yet. Anya cuteness is indeed a terrifying weapon, I can't fault the country and CCP for being afraid of the ultimate cuteness.

It already have insane amount of followers for the anime and views despite not being released and was considered the most anticipated anime over there even ahead of CSM. There is a big chance we will see it overthrow JJK over there and even Demon Slayer that is if it get released on time.
Apr 12, 2022 12:51 AM

Feb 2018
This was mediocre.
Don't know why, because I enjoyed s x f manga in 2019, but all of these jokes now feel just unfunny and forgettable in anime form.

Apr 12, 2022 2:42 AM
Feb 2019
This show is pretty good, and if you want it to enjoy even more just don't read the manga.
Apr 12, 2022 3:02 AM

Oct 2015
Gradius2 said:
This show is pretty good, and if you want it to enjoy even more just don't read the manga.

Rather die knowing than waiting
Apr 12, 2022 4:53 AM

Dec 2021
i like watching these type of shows every once in a while where i can just sit down and have some fun, not really caring if it has good writing
good opinions on anything, block = I own you
Apr 12, 2022 6:10 AM

Jan 2021
So good soo good SO GOOD
Apr 12, 2022 6:16 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Oh wow, watched this today and its really not a disappointing time i waste right there. Pretty much out of my expectation and its surely on the positive note. The va also did a god work too, Hachiman doing a badass cool action spy role? There we go, the Twilight. And don't forget about the cutie smart kid, Anya, the va from my beloved loli from a previous one season wonder, Juju-sama. Oh wow, great serve i got here, and such a sweet end like that closed the episode with a great bang. A well done episode, and i can't even wait for Yor to join the happy family. So lets just end my line just right there and wait for the next sunday...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 12, 2022 6:22 AM

Nov 2019
I'm not sure whether it will be Pierce Brosnan or Daniel Craig version, but this shit is good.
SgtBateManApr 12, 2022 6:48 AM
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Apr 12, 2022 6:49 AM
Nov 2015
when the dog named bod will introduce? cour2?
Apr 12, 2022 7:02 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Never looked forward to this before and just checked this first episode out of curiosity and it's so enjoyable and wholesome to see...

Anya is the good source of comedy here :)

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Apr 12, 2022 7:08 AM

Jul 2021
RioFS said:
Watched this with my brother and had a lot of fun. For a change, I actually watched this on the TV instead of my phone. Anya was just as cute as I remembered in the manga. Satisfied.

CQLLIST said:
Wtf she's a kid and who would look at lewd images of her bruh

Eris from Mushoku Tensei doesn't get spared by MT fans...

Just came to your post because I'm already seeing Anya with a bikini suit on my Twitter Timeline *sigh*
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Apr 12, 2022 9:24 AM
Jul 2018
Great animation, interesting characters and premise (also based school requiring both mother and father to attend the conference), loli is believable and not lewd. 10/10
Apr 12, 2022 9:52 AM

Dec 2014
so uhm, is it read Spy Family or Spy x Family?
Apr 12, 2022 10:38 AM
Jun 2020
KuroNavi said:
so uhm, is it read Spy Family or Spy x Family?

Its read Spy Family.
Apr 12, 2022 11:04 AM
Oct 2020
Spy x Family Forever! 💖
Apr 12, 2022 11:36 AM

Apr 2015
GeanWolf2000 said:
Spy x Family Forever! 💖

Sai macaco 🐒🐒🐒🐒
Pages (13) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2022

491 by colino09 »»
May 18, 7:26 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2022

442 by AlxiBoua »»
May 5, 9:07 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2022

321 by Suwawako_ »»
May 3, 4:07 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2022

402 by Fenc »»
Apr 24, 11:13 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2022

247 by nyxzded »»
Apr 9, 2:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.