Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Apr 9, 2022 6:48 PM

Jun 2021
tut_turuu said:
LinkedHorizon007 said:
Nice! But somehow feels a bit rushed in the anime.
It also felt like the jokes were funnier in the Manga. is it because I've already read the Manga? happened with anyone else?
yup may be but I love the loid and Anya wholesome moments especially a anya's character design
As someone mentioned in a reply to my previous post, that was because the 1st chapter had more pages in it than other chapters in the Manga. So hopefully it's only gonna get better from now on.
Apr 9, 2022 6:49 PM

Apr 2021
It feels really good when one of your favorite manga's get an anime adaptation!!! Yes I was so happy watching episode 1!!! Agent Twilight or now Loid Forger and Anya were looking good in anime form!!! Even their voices suit them!!! Can't wait to see more of this!!!
Apr 9, 2022 6:51 PM

Mar 2020
One of the best this spring.

Anya-chan is adorable and she have telepathy.

Glad she passed the entrance test.

Tasogare-kun needs to find a wife now!!!
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Apr 9, 2022 6:58 PM

Jun 2021
PermanentThesis said:
people were saying it's... wholesome? how tf is this wholesome? this is sad af. It just fucked up my mind now, and I'm gonna keep thinking about it for a few days, it just ruined everything, I was doing so good in keeping myself away from a sad show
Yeah, it's mostly wholesome. There are dark jokes and sad commentaries of characters here and there but it's mostly wholesome.
Apr 9, 2022 7:00 PM
Sep 2021
"Masterpiece" is all I can say. This type of genre is a good refresh from the fantasy type throughout the years. Hope studio stay true to the story and animation 10/10 for me. To all the staffs of this anime please be safe ❤️
Apr 9, 2022 7:02 PM

Jun 2021
I can see why people have been waiting for this show so much. Old-school action dadime (that's a portmanteau between dad and anime that I just realised existed and will use at an opportunity): got plenty of suspense, but also just a simple show about found family. Love it!

Is Anya an early lock for 'Child That Must Be Protected At All Times' of the Year?
Apr 9, 2022 7:14 PM

Jul 2016
Anya is gonna give me diabetes for sure. She's adorable!

Pretty solid premiere. Already liking the setting as well as the comedy and overall wholesomeness. Looking forward to Yor's introduction next week.
Apr 9, 2022 7:23 PM

Mar 2012
Woot, it's finally here! Easily one of the series I've wanted to get adapted the most.

And it did not disappoint! And we've got plenty more of madness awaiting us.
Apr 9, 2022 7:23 PM

Dec 2017
As expected, a pretty good animation, very fluid without losing detail and with very vivid backgrounds. The OST accompanies the work well, I already want to see the OP's musical style (I don't know if it's already published, I only see OP's for the first time in his anime). It seems that the interactions between characters will be the strong point of the work.

I quite liked the humor of anime, it had been a while since I smiled so much with an episode, funny faces are my weakness. It doesn't seem to be an anime where people have a lot of common sense despite wanting to be serious, but it's forgiven for being a good comedy.

Apr 9, 2022 7:25 PM
Sep 2021
waaahhhh... already in love with it... watched this just now and its early morning here.... i teared up a bit... but aaaaahhh... my heart... anya is just so kawaaaiiii and twilight is kakkooooooiiii.... now i wanna see the female lead... so excited... she looks damn cool too
Apr 9, 2022 7:26 PM

Oct 2015
The ED is so good... argh I need the visual to go with it.
Apr 9, 2022 7:29 PM

Apr 2020
At long last SPY x FAMILY is finally here! Pretty solid episode covering the whole of chapter 1. The pacing is kinda slow and I spotted CGs in the background but who cares about that.

Hachiman's Voice Actor is a fitting choice of twilight and Anya's VA as well. The only thing that is bugging me is that they don't call Loid's agent name "Twilight" in English which kinda sucks.

Some panels in the manga like the scene where Loid pointed the gun toward Edgar's head and says "Turn around and I'll kill you" have less impact in the anime than in the adapted manga, but the panel where Anya and Loid sleep together on the couch is very wholesome and heartwarming. With that all being said, it is a really solid take on adapting SPY x FAMILY looking forward to the next episode.
Apr 9, 2022 7:31 PM
Nov 2016
I don't know anything about this anime or manga, never heard of it, I don't know what the fuck this is, I just found out about it today after seeing the high-ass rating with only 1 episode so I'm wondering, is this a good anime or just another overrated crap like plenty of the other overrated crap around here?

I just can't trust the ratings here.
Apr 9, 2022 7:33 PM

Oct 2015
xZabuzax said:
I don't know anything about this anime or manga, never heard of it, I don't know what the fuck this is, I just found out about it today after seeing the high-ass rating with only 1 episode so I'm wondering, is this a good anime or just another overrated crap like plenty of the other overrated crap around here?

Overrated crap that deserved 1/10 tbh not worth the effort to watch.
Apr 9, 2022 7:41 PM

Jun 2013
This was such an good first episode I'm so happy!!
One of my fave manga, definitely the anime I've been most excited for this season and I'm so glad it's getting the amazing adaption it deserves!
It was so nice to see the characters animated, and of course Anya is so freaking cute I think the VA did a great job for her! Her father/daughter relationship with Loid was adapted so perfectly omg
CAN'T WAIT FOR EPISODE 2 AND TO SEE YOR AHHH

0:00 ●━━━━━━━━━━━━━ 4:33

♡ㅤㅤㅤㅤ◁ㅤㅤ❚❚ㅤㅤ▷ㅤㅤㅤㅤ↻
Apr 9, 2022 7:43 PM
Jan 2022
rizuxizu said:
xZabuzax said:

As expected from FMAB fan, which many of them randomly gave 1 star to other top 10 rated anime so their fav anime will stay on top forever.
Apr 9, 2022 7:46 PM
Jan 2017
Damn,, the best anime of the season after tate no yusha,,

reason:
hearth warmness, cuteness, coolness, great animation grapich, interesting story plot, almost perfect

9/10
Apr 9, 2022 7:46 PM

Oct 2015
Ardi8 said:
rizuxizu said:

As expected from FMAB fan, which many of them randomly gave 1 star to other top 10 rated anime so their fav anime will stay on top forever.

I gave it 10, FMAB only got 9 from me. It not as good as SxF no cap.
Apr 9, 2022 7:50 PM

May 2015
This was super great! I loved seeing Anya and Loid come to life. That action sequence was awesome too. Definitely going to keep watching this.
Apr 9, 2022 7:57 PM

Jan 2020
One episode and i got hooked. Never expected this is so wholesome. Anya making funny face got me everytime
Apr 9, 2022 8:00 PM
Nov 2016
rizuxizu said:
Ardi8 said:

I gave it 10, FMAB only got 9 from me. It not as good as SxF no cap.

FMAB got a 4/10 from me, definitely the most overrated garbage I've seen so far, at least I will trust that this anime will be better, it's animated by Wit Studio and CloverWorks after all so there are some promises here.
Apr 9, 2022 8:27 PM
Apr 2020
Does anyone know why Anya's stuffed anime was a Chimera? It's the kind of little detail I swear has some deeper meaning.
Apr 9, 2022 8:31 PM

Feb 2021
It's like literally listening to Hachiman talking all over again. It was a great 1st episode, better than I imagined it to be. Great animation, great background, great sound effects, great design and a lot of unique camera angles. Anya is cute I guess? I dropped the manga after some chapters but I'll keep on watching for now.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Apr 9, 2022 8:46 PM

May 2015
The whole episode was framed and boarded as if it's a late 90s anime, and had layering similar to Noein in some parts. I'm liking where the direction is going for this show. It's a strong first episode, to say the least.

I'm pretty much optimistic that this style will carry on for the rest of the show, given the director's reputation.

Those with dirty minds will find my Steam pic offensive
Apr 9, 2022 8:48 PM
Apr 2018
Please tell me I'm not the only manga reader disappointed here? The spy x family manga is very light hearted, practically a slice of life. Not only did they not follow the source material they also made it very dramatic and not very light hearted or humorous. I can only hope they will get less dramatic when they introduce the wife, otherwise this is going to be cringe.
Apr 9, 2022 8:56 PM

Oct 2017
Wit Studio never disappoints! I'm really glad the adaptation turned out to be great and I hope they don't fuck anything up later down the line.
I love the manga and I'm sure anime onlys have something to look forward to every week. Can't wait to see my girl Yor to slay.
Apr 9, 2022 9:00 PM

Oct 2017
Jason_Hymes said:
Please tell me I'm not the only manga reader disappointed here? The spy x family manga is very light hearted, practically a slice of life. Not only did they not follow the source material they also made it very dramatic and not very light hearted or humorous. I can only hope they will get less dramatic when they introduce the wife, otherwise this is going to be cringe.
I think the rest of the episode should be a lighthearted one considering this is only the first episode. I want a more warm lighthearted adaptation as well and I'm sure most manga readers too. Only one way to find out I guess.
Apr 9, 2022 9:02 PM
Aug 2020
next big thing. every thing about that anime is epicc
the manga is great so the only question was with the animation and holy shit wit studio and clover work have done a great job handling it and the voice of yor and loid is done by saori hayami and takuya eguchi who have previously voiced hikkigaya and yukinon what else can you ask for and anya is cute afffffff
Apr 9, 2022 9:03 PM

Sep 2018
A great episode to start this highly anticipated anime. Anya's seiyuu sounds amazing as well.
Apr 9, 2022 9:14 PM
May 2021
LinkedHorizon007 said:
It also felt like the jokes were funnier in the Manga. is it because I've already read the Manga? happened with anyone else?

how was this rushed at all? all that’s happened is the introduction of the main plot and only 2 main characters
Apr 9, 2022 9:25 PM
Jul 2018
CQLLIST said:
Oh, my Twilight knows how to completely finish his mission through disguising, not gonna lie he's pretty good at it, it's almost shape-shifting, and totally lost it when he broke off some engagement(?) with a woman after some couple was proposing to each other and when he spits the coffee onto the newspaper he's reading. Also, the mission to form a family will be the start of his new chapter. The action-oriented segments for the most part were pretty neat and nicely directed.

Anya is a wholesome telepathy peanut lover wholesome blob who we must not mess with her consciousness when our inner thoughts are on and she lacks in education because “she hates studying” yikes, this is going to be tough for Twilight to represent the ideal worthy family whenever there are upcoming events.

Anya entered a 2-way exam at a very privileged private school. I like how the direction shows the struggle behind the exam is, and congrats she passed her 1st exam!

Very enjoyable first episode and to those who are complaining about the fast pacing, it's meant to be fast and the dialogue is very coherent that can take anyone for more or less 3-5 seconds to those who have read it in the manga but they put a lot of effort into really put every detail in the direction of the story. Already my AOTS, Doraemon I mean Dororo chad director has impressed me with the directing here. I can't wait to see the secondary exam.

Fuck she's so cute here

Hope people dont make her lewd images. Otherwise they are truely degens. Is nothing sacred ?
Apr 9, 2022 9:27 PM

Jun 2021
least_pebble2d said:
LinkedHorizon007 said:

how was this rushed at all? all that’s happened is the introduction of the main plot and only 2 main characters
Yeah, the plot wasn't rushed. Someone else already mentioned this in a reply to my previous forum post. But this chapter had over 70 pages. maybe that's why the narrative feels rushed as if they tried real hard to squeeze in all those scenes from Manga into 1 episode. but hopefully it'll get better from next episode.

And yes, there was more in the episode than just "introduction of 2 main chara and plot" lol
Apr 9, 2022 9:43 PM

Oct 2015
Jason_Hymes said:
LinkedHorizon007 said:
least_pebble2d said:

Yeah, the plot wasn't rushed. Someone else already mentioned this in a reply to my previous forum post. But this chapter had over 70 pages. maybe that's why the narrative feels rushed as if they tried real hard to squeeze in all those scenes from Manga into 1 episode. but hopefully it'll get better from next episode.

And yes, there was more in the episode than just "introduction of 2 main chara and plot" lol

It fast paced watching for the first time but having re watch 2 -3 times. I find the pacing just right and perfect.
Apr 9, 2022 9:46 PM

Jun 2021
rizuxizu said:
Jason_Hymes said:
LinkedHorizon007 said:

It fast paced watching for the first time but having re watch 2 -3 times. I find the pacing just right and perfect.

It just came out yesterday and you are already rewatching it? 😂 lol

I have a feeling that an anime only might find the pacing just right. Maybe it's because of reading the Manga that it seems a bit fast paced.
Apr 9, 2022 9:54 PM
Jun 2013
Jason_Hymes said:

What you're smoking bro? the 1st episode adapted the 1st chapter literally panel by panel, i just checked, it's 100% the same tone as the manga. Which "Spy x Family" you're reading?
Apr 9, 2022 9:56 PM

Jun 2021
Znra said:
The whole episode was framed and boarded as if it's a late 90s anime, and had layering similar to Noein in some parts. I'm liking where the direction is going for this show. It's a strong first episode, to say the least.

I'm pretty much optimistic that this style will carry on for the rest of the show, given the director's reputation.

Could you please elaborate?
Apr 9, 2022 10:02 PM

Oct 2015
LinkedHorizon007 said:
rizuxizu said:

It just came out yesterday and you are already rewatching it? 😂 lol

I have a feeling that an anime only might find the pacing just right. Maybe it's because of reading the Manga that it seems a bit fast paced.

There multiple English translation to go through, CR, Muse Asia and fansub. Might dip into English dub and chinese sub/dub when it out.
Apr 9, 2022 10:26 PM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
Anya really knows how to win him over, can't wait to see his wife next.
Apr 9, 2022 10:27 PM

Jul 2021
VarangPS said:

Hope people dont make her lewd images. Otherwise they are truely degens. Is nothing sacred ?

Wtf she's a kid and who would look at lewd images of her bruh
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Apr 9, 2022 10:28 PM

Jan 2020
Amazing. Fantastic. Fire. Lots of positive words that can used to describe this

I love the way the adaptation is handled, I'm really liking the characters and it's certain to make my Saturdays better. Pretty flawless first episode imo

Apr 9, 2022 10:41 PM

Mar 2012
Wow, what a first episode. I felt that so many things happened haha, was everything here just chapter 1 of the manga? Also I didn't watch any trailers or read any info for this series, so when the voice over went "This girl was a telepath" I went HUH? Lol

The cuteness of their father/daughter going out was contrasted with the kidnapping, that was scary. But I agree with Anya, Twilight is very very cool! I look forward to knowing more about him. I am very much enjoying the voice acting and I'm excited for Hayamin's character appearance.

The ED is so good! Anya joining his father at the sofa, wholesome T_T
Apr 9, 2022 10:46 PM

Jan 2020
Great first episode. Lighthearted, super easy to watch, I could binge 100 episodes of this show without even complaining. Not sure how much they'll adapt, but I hope it's the whole thing.

The animation is beautiful and the stills are so crisp, it's Wit and Cloverworks, so what did we expect?

Anya's little "yep" is going to make me cry, how is she so cute?
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Apr 9, 2022 10:51 PM
Jul 2020
Man this is so fucking cuteeeee
Apr 9, 2022 10:55 PM
Sep 2020
Solid ep.

The art style wasn't bad and I think the vas fits aside from Loid cause his voice too deep lol. The pacing was a bit slow for me and I think its bc they tried too hard to follow the manga idk. But it's not bad by any means, just a tad bit disappointed (੭´^`ˋ)੭
Apr 9, 2022 11:18 PM

May 2021
Watched this with my brother and had a lot of fun. For a change, I actually watched this on the TV instead of my phone. Anya was just as cute as I remembered in the manga. Satisfied.

CQLLIST said:
Wtf she's a kid and who would look at lewd images of her bruh

Eris from Mushoku Tensei doesn't get spared by MT fans...

Apr 9, 2022 11:37 PM
Dec 2015
I'm Amazed by the 1st Episode of SpyXFamily. The characters are funny even bad guys made me laugh . Anya saying Pistol was Cute asf ahh.. More next week . Haven't red the manga but will do now with each episode. That newspaper Exchange moment that guys saying Meow as some kind of spy code ^-^ .
Apr 9, 2022 11:53 PM
Jun 2020
idk why but it gives me 'Balance: Unlimited' vibes. super excited for the next episodes to air. Also, anya is just adorable
Apr 10, 2022 12:02 AM
Jul 2018
great first episode I think I'm definitely gonna love this anime and Anya is so adorable i can't wait for the next episode
removed-userAug 14, 2022 1:49 AM
Apr 10, 2022 12:08 AM

Sep 2020
h_o_k_i said:
I love ANYHA ^-^
Perfect Waifu!!
She is just a kid use proper words to describe her.
Apr 10, 2022 12:16 AM
Dec 2015
I don't usually praise the first episode of any anime that much, but considering the studios that worked on this and how highly-praised the manga version is, the expectations were obviously very high. But I can certainly say that, without a shadow of a doubt, the studios did this episode the kind of justice that it deserves and then some. Atsumi Tanezaki's portrayal of Anya-chan was obviously the highlight, but the animation and the action sequences deserve equal praise as well. I couldn't get over how smooth, fluid and pristine the characters, their movements and the environment looked. We've not only got a true anime of the season in this one, but a lock for anime of the year as well guys. Looking forward to the rest of the show when Loyd/Twilight recruits his wife and other stuff as well.
Pages (13) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2022

492 by Mirorin »»
Jun 15, 8:15 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2022

233 by Mirorin »»
Jun 15, 8:00 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

meyve - May 7, 2022

467 by Mirorin »»
Jun 15, 6:00 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2022

442 by AlxiBoua »»
May 5, 9:07 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2022

321 by Suwawako_ »»
May 3, 4:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.