Forum Settings
Forums

'Summertime Render' Reveals Main Staff, Teaser Promo

New
Oct 13, 2021 10:50 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
The official website for the television anime adaptation of Yasunori Tanaka's Summertime Render (Summer Time Rendering) manga revealed on Thursday the main staff members, and a teaser promotional video. The anime is scheduled to premiere in 2022.

Staff
Director: Ayumu Watanabe (Komi-san wa, Comyushou desu. chief director)
Series Composition, Script: Hiroshi Seko (Jujutsu Kaisen (TV))
Character Design: Miki Matsumoto (Satsuriku no Tenshi)
Art: Kusanagi (Horimiya art design)
Music: Keiichi Okabe (Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru), Ryuuichi Takada (Saihate no Paladin), Keigo Hoashi (Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou)
Music Production Cooperation: MONACA (Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song)

Based on his 2008 one-shot Jamais Vu, Tanaka serialized the sci-fi mystery manga in Shounen Jump+ web magazine from October 2017 to February this year. Shueisha shipped the 13th and final volume on April 2.

Teaser PV

Official site: https://summertime-anime.com/
Official Twitter: @summertime_PR

Source: Comic Natalie
DatRandomDudeOct 13, 2021 2:45 PM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Oct 13, 2021 10:55 AM

Jan 2015
Looks interesting, definitely gonna give it a shot
Oct 13, 2021 11:19 AM

Sep 2020
Next Re Zero,

I have read few chapter after the anime got announced and it's insanely good. Can't wait.....

Edit: Judging by the art style it seem Cloverwork is going to handle this anime.
Oct 13, 2021 11:39 AM

Oct 2017
The director is a veteran, it's in good hands.
Oct 13, 2021 11:48 AM

Feb 2020
Looks interesting. I wonder if it will be a complete adaptation since manga is complete. (Though Based on chapter may require around 50 episode or more to do that )
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Oct 13, 2021 12:07 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I remember hearing a lot of good things about this series when it was first announced that it was getting an anime and I'm glad that it looks good visually so far too

The Re:Zero comparisons already had me hyped and I'm glad to say that my excitement is still the same as was back then
Oct 13, 2021 1:14 PM

May 2015
Looking at the trailer, I'm having a gut feel that JC Staff will be animating this. They have this distinct color in their shows that I'm seeing in this trailer, and the character designer is affiliated with the studio with little working history outside at all.

As far as the trailer goes, this piques my interest. It might be spoiler-y for some, but for me, it makes me more curious as to why.

Those with dirty minds will find my Steam pic offensive
Oct 13, 2021 1:27 PM

Mar 2020
THE GOAT
Actually kinda excited to watch this because of Okabe now, I've loved his work since the first Nier game in 2010.
And Monaca was literally created by Okabe.
Oct 13, 2021 1:29 PM

Dec 2015
Read this as it was being released. I hope that the adaption holds up. Wonder if they'll be putting this into parts. Hopefully they don't go the route Promised Neverland Season 2 did.
Oct 13, 2021 1:30 PM
Jan 2018
Znra said:
Looking at the trailer, I'm having a gut feel that JC Staff will be animating this. They have this distinct color in their shows that I'm seeing in this trailer, and the character designer is affiliated with the studio with little working history outside at all.

As far as the trailer goes, this piques my interest. It might be spoiler-y for some, but for me, it makes me more curious as to why.

Nah, I don't think I've seen a single JC staff show in the last 4 years that has art direction, colour design and compositing this good (or even resemble it tbh). The character designer also left jc staff some time ago and her most recent CD work was on Major 2nd s2
Oct 13, 2021 1:32 PM
Jan 2018
Adampk said:
Looks interesting. I wonder if it will be a complete adaptation since manga is complete. (Though Based on chapter may require around 50 episode or more to do that )

Won't need that many eps because it's only 13 volumes long (some chapters are as little as 11 pages). Ideally I'd say 39 eps should be enough but I doubt we'll get that much.
Oct 13, 2021 1:32 PM

Sep 2020
ovo4 said:
Znra said:

Nah, I don't think I've seen a single JC staff show in the last 4 years that has art direction, colour design and compositing this good (or even resemble it tbh). The character designer also left jc staff some time ago and her most recent CD work was on Major 2nd s2
Yaa true this art style is very similar to Horimiya and WEP.
Oct 13, 2021 2:15 PM

Jan 2020
I can't look at the trailer without seeing Nino and Recruit from Arakawa Under the Bridge. A new shounen with duo MCs, mystery and supernatural elements? Count me in. Any info on the studio? Am I blind or was it not announced?
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Oct 13, 2021 2:18 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
samashi20 said:
I can't look at the trailer without seeing Nino and Recruit from Arakawa Under the Bridge. A new shounen with duo MCs, mystery and supernatural elements? Count me in. Any info on the studio? Am I blind or was it not announced?
You're not blind, it's not announced yet!
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Oct 13, 2021 2:29 PM

Jul 2016
The PV looks clean. The staff are good too

Oct 13, 2021 3:39 PM

Apr 2012
The author of the original manga was Araki's assistant, and Horikoshi was his assistant? Wow, he had an interesting experience.

samashi20 said:

If it's as melancholic and magically realistic as AIR, then I'm already on the ship.

Judevin said:
THE GOAT
Actually kinda excited to watch this because of Okabe now, I've loved his work since the first Nier game in 2010.

Ironically enough, MONACA has more "roles" in the show than himself several times. At the same time, it is strange, but for me this project is more associated with music for musical media franchises.
Oct 13, 2021 3:50 PM

Jan 2020
RobertBobert said:
The author of the original manga was Araki's assistant, and Horikoshi was his assistant? Wow, he had an interesting experience.

samashi20 said:

If it's as melancholic and magically realistic as AIR, then I'm already on the ship.

The girl in the teaser is holding a spider lily in her hand which is symbolism for many different things in Japan and East Asia. I'm excited, despite the bright colors of the PV, the show looks mysterious and there are hints of sadness and tragedy.
Oct 13, 2021 3:52 PM

Apr 2012
samashi20 said:
RobertBobert said:

The girl in the teaser is holding a spider lily in her hand which is symbolism for many different things in Japan and East Asia. I'm excited, despite the bright colors of the PV, the show looks mysterious and there are hints of sadness and tragedy.

Are you talking about that red flower that constantly appears in various "dark" shows as a symbol of murder and spilled blood?
Oct 13, 2021 3:58 PM

Jan 2020
RobertBobert said:
samashi20 said:

Are you talking about that red flower that constantly appears in various "dark" shows as a symbol of murder and spilled blood?

Yes, that flower. Some say it symbolizes tragedy, hope, goodbyes and many other things. In 86 for instance,
Oct 13, 2021 3:59 PM

Nov 2018
oh yeah fuckin finally!
Oct 13, 2021 4:05 PM

Apr 2012
samashi20 said:
RobertBobert said:

Yes, that flower. Some say it symbolizes tragedy, hope, goodbyes and many other things. In 86 for instance,

Well, if you consider that this is a story about attempts to save the deceased (if I understood correctly), then the theme of a tragic separation makes sense.
Oct 13, 2021 5:37 PM
Apr 2019
STOP! I do not want more "boys meet girls" >:(
Also, stop killing the girl and keep the bland boy as the main character. Seriously, wth is wrong with Japan lately with killing the fem character? if girls are often the main reason to watch their series

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oct 13, 2021 7:44 PM

Mar 2020
RobertBobert said:
Judevin said:
THE GOAT
Ironically enough, MONACA has more "roles" in the show than himself several times. At the same time, it is strange, but for me this project is more associated with music for musical media franchises.
MONACA isn't just Okabe though, there's multiple people that work in MONACA, Okabe usually makes music for video games, so does MONACA as a whole actually. It's very rare to see Okabe compose anything for anime, hence my excitement, he's my favorite videogame music composer.
You can see a list of the people that work in MONACA on the MAL page:
https://myanimelist.net/people/15481/MONACA
Oct 13, 2021 7:55 PM

Mar 2017
Loved the manga, loved the look of the trailer. Hyped!
Oct 13, 2021 8:19 PM

Oct 2021
Never expected the news. I am currently reading it. Very thrilling. Shide is really an awesome antagonist.

Best Character : Sou Hishigata
Oct 14, 2021 12:29 AM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
Kirito, is that you? And Alice too? jk...

Anyway, I heard this is getting picked up by Disney. /o\
Oct 14, 2021 3:03 AM

Feb 2019
Looks awful, sounds awful, bound to be awful.
Well I for one already loved Lain.
Oct 14, 2021 5:01 AM
Dec 2017
the manga is pretty good
Oct 14, 2021 6:18 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
xkazutox said:
Kirito, is that you? And Alice too? jk...

Anyway, I heard this is getting picked up by Disney. /o\
Yeah, Disney is entering the anime streaming wars officially now with this, the new Black Rock Shooter series, the Tatami Galaxy sequel and then some original anime (Forgot the name but it looks horror-esque)
Oct 14, 2021 8:36 AM

Apr 2012
Rosary_Diva said:
Also, stop killing the girl and keep the bland boy as the main character. Seriously, wth is wrong with Japan lately with killing the fem character? if girls are often the main reason to watch their series

Most people are heterosexual and most of the audience are guys. Guys love to watch them save girls, while girls love to watch guys save them. Sorry.
Oct 14, 2021 10:15 AM

Mar 2020
tsubasalover said:
Please add that this anime is Disney+ exclusive
https://natalie.mu/comic/news/449323

Wtf they are doing anime too now?
Oct 14, 2021 11:29 AM

Jul 2013
manga was pretty good though the later chapters got a bit confusing, but hope they nail the adaptation and don't rush through things
Oct 14, 2021 11:43 AM
Apr 2019
RobertBobert said:
Rosary_Diva said:

Most people are heterosexual and most of the audience are guys. Guys love to watch them save girls, while girls love to watch guys save them. Sorry.

What mean with are there more heterosexual people? the second is so stupid.
There are many good stories where the girls are heroines and they are a thousand times better characters than those boring and bland protagonist-kun without personality.

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oct 14, 2021 11:51 AM

Apr 2012
Rosary_Diva said:
RobertBobert said:

There are many good stories where the girls are heroines and they are a thousand times better characters than those boring and bland protagonist-kun without personality.

Because the media is predominantly oriented towards the majority, not the minority. This is the very essence of business. Not to mention, you don't understand how tropes work in general. When it comes to romance, guys are more focused on how a protagonist like them will rescue a reasonably idealized girl (this is where the stereotype is built that yuri or BL are more equal than het, since the story is about two waifu or hasubendo instead of one). Shoujo works according to similar laws. It would be best if you try to understand how things work before requiring creators to focus entirely on your tastes.
Oct 14, 2021 7:01 PM
Apr 2019
RobertBobert said:
Rosary_Diva said:

Because the media is predominantly oriented towards the majority, not the minority. This is the very essence of business. Not to mention, you don't understand how tropes work in general. When it comes to romance, guys are more focused on how a protagonist like them will rescue a reasonably idealized girl (this is where the stereotype is built that yuri or BL are more equal than het, since the story is about two waifu or hasubendo instead of one). Shoujo works according to similar laws. It would be best if you try to understand how things work before requiring creators to focus entirely on your tastes.

Did you know that the majority of population Japanese is female? in that case most of anime should be shoujo if they really are guided by an "objective" reason.

Oct 14, 2021 8:27 PM

Apr 2012
Rosary_Diva said:
RobertBobert said:

Did you know that the majority of population Japanese is female? in that case most of anime should be shoujo if they really are guided by an "objective" reason.

Do you non-ironically want to say that the general Japanese population and anime audience are synonymous? Also, you are still trying to find an excuse for the Japanese creators to suit your personal tastes.

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 9 hours ago

12 by _ATG_ »»
58 minutes ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - 6 hours ago

7 by Yubisoft »»
2 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 24

5 by Kushna »»
9 hours ago

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
11 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

31 by animegamer245 »»
Yesterday, 1:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.