Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Apr 29, 2021 1:13 AM
Oct 2019
Probably one of the best Anime Movie i've ever seen. 🔥

It's so Beautiful yet so Emotional...
And Yes I Cried 😭😭😭
Rest in Peace Kyojuro Rengoku 🙏

Thank you Koyoharu Gotouge Sensei for creating such a Wonderful Story.
Thank You Ufotable for the Amazing Adaptation, you all Killing it!!!

9/10 👏
davidyodo24Apr 29, 2021 1:19 AM
Apr 29, 2021 4:56 AM
Sep 2020
Its a great movie...but not the best...Start was slow but never enough for me to yawn..It gets intense minute by minute and end on a calm note....I feel like if I watched it directly after the anime series it could have been more impactful....It did make me tear a little but not as much as i hoped...As for the visuals,they are good but I expected more from ufotable'standard
Apr 29, 2021 5:51 AM

May 2009
Ryuseishun said:
Now I just wish: why couldn't Violet Evergarden movie be the one leaked instead? Hella sad on my end :(

VEG isn't even a Sony property like Aniplex.
Apr 29, 2021 6:49 AM

Jun 2020
Fantastic movie. Fantastic music. Kajiura Yuki is an absolute Goddess.
Apr 29, 2021 7:18 AM

Aug 2008
It was fine. I think its sales are mainly thanks to the TV series, not the quality of the movie itself. CG of the train demon was plain awful and BGM during fight with upper three so jarring, it was getting in the way. I'm not sure watching it outside of cinema even has any impact on the enjoyment. It wasn't very cinematic anyway. To be honest, being able to fast forward through out of place "comedic" bits probably made it better. Props to marketing department though. It could be just couple of episodes in next season or an OVA but they managed to make the highest grossing film out of perfectly average movie.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Apr 29, 2021 2:17 PM

Oct 2017
Roch2001 said:
It was amazing, and a wild roller coaster of emotions.

But I want to address the elephant in the room. Had our main MC not decided to get involved at he end of the fight, would of Rengoku been able to hold the demon in place until the sun came up. Personally, I think he could of.

Apr 29, 2021 2:55 PM

Nov 2014
this was just,so amazing.
so much better than the manga,stunning,i am heavily impressed
cinematic masterpiece idc if yall dont agree
Apr 29, 2021 3:09 PM
Sep 2019
I was expecting it to be better to be honest but I think the contents of it weren't one which would work best as a movie.
Apr 29, 2021 4:04 PM

Jun 2015
Rex2398 said:
Roch2001 said:
It was amazing, and a wild roller coaster of emotions.

But I want to address the elephant in the room. Had our main MC not decided to get involved at he end of the fight, would of Rengoku been able to hold the demon in place until the sun came up. Personally, I think he could of.

To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Apr 29, 2021 5:36 PM
Oct 2012
Mr_Srijan said:

Go Shiina is the composer for 95% of the movie (and tv series) tracks. Kaijura did the ending song and the first 3-5 minutes of the movie. Just wanted to correct it since its often misplaced and honestly it's partially fault of Aniplex for putting her name before his in marketing cuz her name is bigger [she said this on her twitter too]

he's an amazing composer, I hope people look him more of his music for both anime and games.
Apr 29, 2021 9:15 PM

Jun 2020
Eniie said:
Mr_Srijan said:

Go Shiina is the composer for 95% of the movie (and tv series) tracks. Kaijura did the ending song and the first 3-5 minutes of the movie. Just wanted to correct it since its often misplaced and honestly it's partially fault of Aniplex for putting her name before his in marketing cuz her name is bigger [she said this on her twitter too]

he's an amazing composer, I hope people look him more of his music for both anime and games.

Oh, I didn't know about that. Well, then that guy is an amazing composer as well. Rengoku's theme and the fight theme of akaza vs rengoku were both absolutely amazing. I need to check out his other compositions as well. Thanx for the info.
Apr 29, 2021 11:14 PM

Oct 2011
Did what Demon Slayer does best, loved it. Teared up quite a bit during the end, especially with Tanjirou's song playing in the background while he was shouting at the upper demon for being a coward. It'll be so satisfying if that demon finally gets defeated (especially if at the hands of Tanjirou).

It seemed some were underwhelmed at everything before Rengoku vs. Akaza. Not sure if you expected constant fight scenes or something; the comedy and character interactions were also par for the course in this series, and I especially liked some of Inosuke's development. I guess some of the CGI was off, but the general fight choreography more than makes up for it. ufotable is still the top dog of consistently well-animated fights IMO.
KefkirothApr 29, 2021 11:22 PM
Apr 30, 2021 1:29 AM
Apr 2017
You take the Rangoku vs upper moon 3 out and this was average as hell, in fact the first season was better.

Main villain forgettable as hell, Zenitsu and Inosuke cringy parody dreams, the whole section of the train was bland as hell, let alone that I did not expect them to fight a boring CGI blob in an Ufotable movie.

Rengoku vs Upper Moon was hype, but Rengoku is barely a character to care, some barebones 15 seconds flashback does not improve it, let alone the Tanjiro cringy speech when he was totally useless on the fight.
Apr 30, 2021 1:41 AM
Jul 2018
Finally watched this gem and Rengoku went out like a champ.

It was incredibly hard not to cry for Tanjiro during the scene he wanted to stay with his family (in his dream) as it's very difficult to overcome a comfort-zone. Very well written movie.

Apr 30, 2021 3:06 AM

Oct 2017
I'm so disappointed by this movie. We have an awesome fight and this demon fucker just running away.

Brawler vs executioner in Akudama drive >>> this shit.
Apr 30, 2021 4:36 AM
Mar 2015
Disappointed with the movie, I expected an animation at the level of the fate movies or the series but it has not been like that.

The first few minutes of the movie you can fall asleep of boredom.

Tanjiro with 2IQ throwing the sword.

Rengoku's character has been too fast to cry for him, his death has been useless. (not a single tear)

It has a lot of merit what ufotable has made with the series in terms of animation, but in terms of history, both the movie and the serie are overrated asf.
Apr 30, 2021 5:03 AM

Sep 2020
Akaza vs Rengoku fight was fire bro 🔥,

Story wise not soo good but the animation and music was top-notch ,

Akaza is a Hype Machine , damm he is soo cool
ZXEANApr 30, 2021 6:02 AM
Apr 30, 2021 8:07 AM

Apr 2014
It was good. It was basically 4 episodes of the anime stitched together, with the special effects turned up to 11.

When Rengoku died I was like "Damn that sucks" but I didn't really feel sad or anything? We didn't really get to know him much apart from this and a little bit toward the end of the show.

Apr 30, 2021 9:07 AM

Aug 2020
My first impression of Kyojuro-san was not that great but now I feel like he is the coolest hashira. If I was gonna explain the movie in one word I would say "WOW"
Anime List: Click here
Manga List: Click here

Apr 30, 2021 9:20 AM
Jun 2020
Shit Katsura fucking killed Kamui and fucked off
Apr 30, 2021 11:56 AM
Apr 2018
Insane 2nd half and a stunning adaptation. Infinity train was solid despite the issues especially regarding the dream sequence.

Rengoku Vs Akaza is one of my favourite fights in the entire manga and they dialed it up to 11 in terms of intensity. Rengoku's unwavering stance was incredbile. Probably my favourite character in the entire series
Apr 30, 2021 3:22 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Amazing movie. Rengoku is the best KnY character, fucking 🐐.

8/10
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Apr 30, 2021 4:47 PM

Dec 2019
jesusml said:
Disappointed with the movie, I expected an animation at the level of the fate movies or the series but it has not been like that.

The first few minutes of the movie you can fall asleep of boredom.

Tanjiro with 2IQ throwing the sword.

Rengoku's character has been too fast to cry for him, his death has been useless. (not a single tear)Yeah I was honestly expecting more animation wise. I was expecting to see fights like Saber Alter vs Berserker or Saber Alter vs Rider, but the final fight between Rengoku and Akaza was extremely drawn out and I can count one hand the

It has a lot of merit what ufotable has made with the series in terms of animation, but in terms of history, both the movie and the serie are overrated asf.
Yeah I was expecting more animation- wise. Like Saber Alter vs Berserker or Saber Alter vs Rider, because people hyped the final fight up as the best fight in anime. The animation overall didn't really feel like movie- quality animation to me. It just felt like one long episode. Don't get me wrong, the animation was great, but I can't help but feel somewhat let- down.

Overall it was a 6.5/10 for me. It could've done more with Zenitsu and Inosuke as well as the antagonists, and Rengoku's death felt extremely cliche. It was the generic mentor dies moment in shounen, except we literally only knew him for like 2 hours. It was still plagued by the problems the anime had but was at least better because it actually gave Tanjiro character development, despite him being the only one who really did.
Apr 30, 2021 7:37 PM
Jan 2021
Great movie. I watched it in theaters which I never thought I would get to experience with an anime movie and it was an amazing experience. The animation was one of the best I’ve seen for any anime.
Apr 30, 2021 7:38 PM

Aug 2018
One of the best anime MOVIE/arc I watched its just a masterpiece
Apr 30, 2021 7:59 PM

Dec 2018
I watched this movie in the theater and all I have to say is that it's awesome. All the fight scenes were beautifully animated. I ended up crying at the end though, the ending was really sad.
May 1, 2021 4:53 AM
Apr 2021
Kind of average.
Bad plot, bad characters (except maybe Rengoku) but great animation.
Enmu was boring af.
The last fight was good, but all trains moment were kind of disappointing.
May 1, 2021 5:22 AM

Dec 2020
8/10
It was a good watch. The first part is almost forgettable, but it is fine.
The middle part was dragged out a bit. But goddamn the last 30ish minutes were fantastic. Felt sad for Tanjiro though. He wants to kill Muzan but realised he cannot even keep up with Akaza, let alone fight him. Akaza vs Rengoku was amazing. Tanjiro screaming after Akaza was emotional. Overall a good movie.
Would have been 6/10 if not for Akaza vs Rengoku.
Rengoku went out like a champ.
May 1, 2021 7:38 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Finally, i had done touching this one. Thanks for a certain leaker, i am very appreciated it.

Overall comment, rip my hearing, need to adjust much volume on a certain part. Lol. A lot of scream, ngl. Its not enough with Zenitsu only, Inosuke and, even Tanjirou got their portion to damage my hearing to even more straight until the movie end. Holy shit, its intense af. Noticed that Zenitsu despite his constant annoyance, surprisingly got a lessen screen cap. Its actually quite good for a better emotional tone of these movie. Because its make Inosuke took a chance to get an even better screen time. Ofc, with a lot of unbeliavable well done scream by Matsuoka. Thank you very much.

The story itself, imho, is just okay. The end route already predicted due to the movie constant sign to take him down. Or am i just get an outside knowledge? More or less. But, the way he get down surprisingly very enjoyable, in such a very pleasant path. The scene really living up to the expectation, and i can't say bad about that. Because its pretty much was very good, generally.

In short, can't wait for the next continuations. I hope these series get a full adaptation. Because no matter how much damage my hearing get against the trio yelling, Nezuko chan cuteness simply healed me back, no matter what shit.

That's it all for me.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
May 1, 2021 10:32 AM
Jan 2021
This is no doubt one of the best action anime movie i've ever seen, but i still have some problem though with the villain and the storyline

It is really clear that the villain are over the top generic (both of them). But majority issue i had is with the lower one. He has a dream control ability, and with that ability he said that no matter how strong the enemy is, when they are asleep is like a baby to him. Now, he clearly has been acknowledging the present of demon slayer's on the train, and one of them are Hashira. He even stated that the one who capable of killing Hashira is the upper one. He then also boasting himself saying that he is extremely caution of taken action. Then why the first move he made when they are all fallen into his trick, is to send a generic helpless people (who we don't even know why they are in the train, or why they so desperately obey him just to have a sweet dream before they die) to be the agent of killing while he can easily do it himself?. We have seen how he can devour somebody on the train so easily with his CG form, or maybe he can tell them to just stab a knive into their heart, why bother killing them from the dream just to fulfill his fetishes? why taking risk like that? Is not very caution to me, it's careless

So what's gonna happen if they accidentally touch Tanjiro and the boys while tying? Are they gonna wake up? As been seen he even surprised when he see Tanjiro break through his spell, as if he never prepared if that condition happen. Is he never knew that there is a way of breaking the spell from the inside?

The way Tanjiro realising about his dream is also so random and silly. It just ruin the mood when they had build up the tension quite good. Why making him realising it too soon by that reflection on the water, while later on Nezuko is gonna headbutt him anyway? That's should be a perfect moment to make him snap into reality

Also, he said he want to give a sweet dream before the nightmare, then why when the other three had a happy dream, the one Rengoku been dreamin on is the denial of his father? Why not the dream about when his mother are still alive, and his father when he still on the corp (not the one when he's been turn into a jerk). Don't blame him when he suddenly chocked that girl who's been trying to kill him, he's not happy with his dream after all (lol)

And almost forget to mention, how unsignificant Zenitsu and Inosuke dream are. While Tanjiro and Rengoku had a flashback of character development dream. They just have some random useless moment, as if their character backstory is meant to don't have any depth (such a waste of great moment)

And finally the problem with the upper one villain, why he's randomly spawned like that? There's no build up for him, no hint that he might show up, or atleast maybe an exposition explaining that he's the one behind the plan... No! he just suddenly appear, without any real motive or urgency, and just to serve a porposed of killing that one character who've been gathering his death flag since the begining of the movie (yeah, i totally saw that through)

The action is over the top. The CGI is, yeah.. (if it's not for the night, it probably will look awful). The music choice at some place not worked with the action scene. The story itself are generic with cheesy line all over the place (the movie begin and become solid just on the second half)

And the dream sequence are boring asf. i've said it many times, i can't be sympathized with Tanjiro's family when they are all have the same faces, and not a single one of the sibling's or the mother (besides Tanjiro and Nezuko), are having a special attribute attached to them (even the kimono's they are wearing, only Nezuko's had a bright and containt a specific patern on it, the others just wearing a blank and dull colour. And only Nezuko and Tanjiro in the family that had a specific hair colours, the other just went back to their default setting) I mean, looked at Rengoku's family.. Him, his father and his brother are basically the same person. This is the issue that being bothering me for a long time. If it's not for Ufotable awsome animation, Kimetsu no Yaiba with the author original artstyle like that, are gonna be easily forgettable

I had a great time, but not the best one i had when watching an anime movie. I give it 7/10
May 1, 2021 7:54 PM

Apr 2014
i loved the movie it was amazing

not to mention how beautiful the arts and animations was

but man i gotta say we only got to know Rengoku but for so much but even still it really hurt to see him go down like that...

loved his character

anyway am looking forward to the next season to release

again i have yet to even read the manga at all but i feel for this series i just might keep it anime only

that is unless they just decide to not animate it all which im hoping wont be the case as yes i know the series is over but everything so far being animated is just amazing so i would hope that even after next season they continue to keep going amd animate the full series

but hey if not i'll just have to read the manga lol

again amazing movie
"one step at a time"
May 1, 2021 10:01 PM

Jan 2020
I loved it. The whole dream part was super interesting although in my opinion, the fight itself with the demon wasn't exactly my favorite fight in the series but that being said, I still thought it was solid and the animation was incredible as expected by ufotable. The Rengoku vs zuraAkaza part though.. WOW. That was one of the greatest fights I've ever watched.

Rengoku was my favorite Hashira so it's truly sad to see him go. Rest In Piece. I enjoyed this movie lots

May 3, 2021 1:45 AM

Sep 2020
Oh god,This isn't epic,this is pure depression and tears,Rengoku stabbed through my heart when he also stabbed,mixed, jawdropping and intense, i fucking cried,sweet ufotable,i'm scared in the end of chimera ant i will cry like this :(
ishowhatredMay 3, 2021 3:02 AM
May 3, 2021 2:24 AM
Aug 2019
Finally watched it, story was average but overall a great movie and ending few minutes were heart touching. I was expecting more from lower 1 demon since he had muzan's blood. Whole climax Rengoku vs akaza pushed this from avg movie to great movie, this fight is one of the greatest with beautiful animation. Looking forward to s2.
May 3, 2021 9:05 AM
Jan 2021
I have only one word, 'Masterpiece'.
May 3, 2021 4:39 PM
Apr 2021
I have to say, this was one of the best films I've ever seen and it was one of the few that made me cry, and what a miserable ending, to put an incredible man like Rengoku to die, that damn demon deserved to have died, I hope that at the minus Tanjiro kills him. 10/10 forever
May 3, 2021 5:30 PM
Aug 2020
The Mugen Train arc is the weakest part in kny, im not gonna spoil the manga but season 2 is going to be amazing, and i feel like Mugen Train is the only boring part in the series.
May 3, 2021 6:27 PM
Oct 2019
It was... ok. If thinking of the movie as three acts, the third act is thrilling and emotional. The first act is fine. It does it's job of setting up the plot. I absolutely hated the second act. Way too much CGI and kinda bad looking CGI at that. Just tons and tons of blobby tentacles. Final fight is definitely worth the price of admission.
May 3, 2021 7:41 PM

Apr 2018
Very good movie, 8/10. But without Rengoku vs Akaza this movie wouldve been a 6/10 at best. Enmu as a villain was so bad compared to akaza, akaza saved the whole movie by becoming the second villain of this movie.
May 3, 2021 8:28 PM

Aug 2015
Fuck bro I was wondering why the movie at first had a so happy and chill, development, I deduced that this could happen! What a epic fight bro! at the end everyting was stunnig ufotable nailed it again, I laughed, I cried, and enjoyed!

May 3, 2021 9:00 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
rengoku's sacrifice was a fucking waste. He could've brought that demon down with him to hell.
May 3, 2021 9:23 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Klonoa said:
Fuck bro I was wondering why the movie at first had a so happy and chill, development, I deduced that this could happen! What a epic fight bro! at the end everyting was stunnig ufotable nailed it again, I laughed, I cried, and enjoyed!

Yeah bro, this movie sets another standard for shonen anime. Rengoku is such a madlad T_T
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
May 3, 2021 11:04 PM
Nov 2018
I’m so glad I caught this in IMAX rather than standard viewing. The soundtrack was so good and made the fight scenes pop. I was glued the entire time to the film and not bored, which I’m glad. Had a blast. Salutes to rengoku, he a real one.
May 4, 2021 12:21 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
mrixl said:
I’m so glad I caught this in IMAX rather than standard viewing. The soundtrack was so good and made the fight scenes pop. I was glued the entire time to the film and not bored, which I’m glad. Had a blast. Salutes to rengoku, he a real one.
Yeah, IMAX really enhanced the experience.
May 5, 2021 12:00 AM

Jun 2015
Amazing movie, with just a little screentime but Rengoku character development really grow on me.
Rest in peace Aniki
May 5, 2021 7:40 PM

Jan 2019
ufotable never disappoints
May 6, 2021 1:12 AM

Feb 2020
This movie was so amazing. Animation was top notch, probably one of the best I have seen (except for few scenes). Rengoku was so epic and badass. Music at the ending hits hard. Only thing i didn't like about this movie this those shitty blob scene (I don't know why ufotable has blob fetish...most ufotable series i watch use same kind of ugly looking blob present somewhere. In manga the blob was toned down semi-decent looking. Why would they exaggerated that shitty blob's appearance in anime). Overall other than that movie was so awesome, worth every minute.
AdampkMay 6, 2021 8:17 AM
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

May 6, 2021 4:14 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
After not being in a theatre since February last year, it was a super sweet experience finally being in one again with my buddy, and I’m very glad it was to watch this movie, absolutely blew me away, loved it. I definitely cried a few times, and always love Ufotable’s stellar animation. I wasn’t that into Demon Slayer after season 1 but this has got me fully invested again, will definitely be buying the Blu-ray.
May 7, 2021 10:01 AM

Aug 2019
I'm not the biggest fan of Kimetsu no Yaiba, but this was the first time I have watch an anime on cinemas (also I think this is the first time in years an anime is brought to cinemas in my country with the exception of Dragon Ball) and it was amazing!!!! Also I wasn't expecting that much blood, I really got shocked when Enmu made Tanjiro had a nightmare with his family members covered in blood and despise him
May 8, 2021 3:11 PM

Jul 2019
Got around to watching this, this movie is so good, damn.

The story isn't the best but Demon Slayer in movie format has its benefits honestly. Good camerawork, action, visuals, all of it. Something I really enjoyed for sure. Would have been better to see this in the cinema but I guess I couldn't.

Rip Rengoku fr tho. Real MVP no cap.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» So the movie was pointless? ( 1 2 )

ibm30rpg - Sep 26, 2021

60 by Early_Morning »»
Jan 7, 11:31 PM

Poll: » Movie or show?

Fishb0i - May 28, 2023

24 by Fishb0i »»
Aug 3, 2023 2:48 AM

» enmu

blaze_sir - Apr 26, 2023

11 by NotScout70 »»
Apr 28, 2023 8:17 AM

» Plot hole? Or me being ignorant. (Spoilers)

lFrogs - Mar 26, 2022

13 by Ridzaxster »»
Jan 25, 2023 11:34 PM

» for people who have watched the movie vers of mugen only!!

b3llamy - Jan 4, 2022

15 by crystal_yuy »»
Jan 22, 2023 6:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.