Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 2, 2021 5:44 AM
Aug 2020
I hate this thing on Mal top anime should be Ranked based on full length of anime or upto point where it aired not season wise...cuz i checked ratings on IMDB it is rated 8.9⭐ but when i checked the episodes rating every episode is rated above 8.5 (except s1ep3 8.4⭐) and almost every episode is rated above 9⭐ and 9.5⭐ and two episodes are rated 10/10⭐ and when i checked other animes and Fmab none of them r close to AoT..Even Fmab eps r not closed to 9.8⭐ and even eps r rated below 7⭐ even 6⭐ and yet it is top on mal and in my opinion the anime should not be ranked season wise...thats all
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 2, 2021 6:05 AM

Mar 2020
Not hating but aot fans blindly vote any episodes 10/10 there are many episode of other anime which are also goat tier but there rating is that we can consider not like aot rating like 9.99/10 or 10/10

Seiba Supremacy 🛐
Apr 2, 2021 6:08 AM

Sep 2020
but what do you do about the people who want to rate arc by arc?
It's better the way it is now as it is a middle ground between what you want and what the stated above people want
Apr 2, 2021 6:14 AM

Nov 2019
im pretty sure if entireity of aot was to be rated together then its average(counting all seasons)is around 8.75 that means it wont be even in top 30 of mal and 8.75 is also the rating of its manga coincidentally ,so if you would want that then fine.
Apr 2, 2021 6:22 AM

Aug 2019
I actually like the seasonal format MAL uses. Lengths between seasons are too long to have them the same entry. I'm certain Japan categorizes seasons as different entries and other anime ranking sites use the seasonal format also. Seasons have their own style and the production value can vary from each other. Each season is a project within themselves even if they don't cover the entirety of the series.

Also IMBD is a much smaller consensus for anime compared to MAL.
SkullKn1ghtApr 2, 2021 6:26 AM
Apr 2, 2021 6:35 AM
Nov 2020
No, the seasonal rating is better since only those who like the current season will follow the next season and that gives the next season a chance to get a higher rating. If they don’t get higher then we can just blame it to fmab fans downvotes. It’s win for aot fans.
Apr 2, 2021 6:38 AM

Jun 2016
It's not fair to change the entire policy just because you dislike fullmetal alchemist OP.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Apr 2, 2021 7:09 AM
Jul 2018
I think it’s better to rate each season separately bcs if u don’t like 1 season u can rate it lower than the rest
Apr 2, 2021 7:11 AM
Jul 2018
But I get wat u mean
Apr 2, 2021 7:12 AM
Sep 2020
The rating war between season 3 part 2 (wit cocksuckers) and season 4 part 1 (mappa bootlickers) has been pretty fun actually. Can't people seriously just enjoy the series and stop arguing like little children?
Apr 2, 2021 7:13 AM

Mar 2021
No your personal opinion doesn't matter . Each season is very different since they're different projects . Its way better if we just keep it the way it is .
Apr 2, 2021 7:15 AM
Jan 2021
I've been finding that really anoying...but i think the best way for... everything...sorting watching looking up...rating ..would be to set the whole anime as one section...and then inside that...you have it divided by seasons and arc or whatever...and there you can rate every arc separate...and then anime as a whole...
Apr 2, 2021 7:33 AM
Aug 2020
xDqnilo said:
I've been finding that really anoying...but i think the best way for... everything...sorting watching looking up...rating ..would be to set the whole anime as one section...and then inside that...you have it divided by seasons and arc or whatever...and there you can rate every arc separate...and then anime as a whole...
Thats exactly what i m trying to say and that's fair in my point of view!
Apr 2, 2021 7:48 AM
Jan 2020
If u average out all the ratings for all seasons it equals to 8.75 which would put it around #30 i think its better the way it is tbh and I aint even an aot fan like that
Apr 2, 2021 7:49 AM

Dec 2020
spider2098 said:
I hate this thing on Mal top anime should be Ranked based on full length of anime or upto point where it aired not season wise...cuz i checked ratings on IMDB it is rated 8.9⭐ but when i checked the episodes rating every episode is rated above 8.5 (except s1ep3 8.4⭐) and almost every episode is rated above 9⭐ and 9.5⭐ and two episodes are rated 10/10⭐ and when i checked other animes and Fmab none of them r close to AoT..Even Fmab eps r not closed to 9.8⭐ and even eps r rated below 7⭐ even 6⭐ and yet it is top on mal and in my opinion the anime should not be ranked season wise...thats all

It wouldn't be acceptable if different animes have a different rating system. Therefore, a standardized rating system is a must. Personally, I think the per-season-rating-system is the best option out of all.

In some animes, the staffs and studio is different from the initial ones from the start of the series. Hence, it would be unfair for these animes to be rated as a whole.

no one knows what the future holds, that's why its potential is infinite.

Apr 2, 2021 7:57 AM
Aug 2020
But this way you can rank things more accurately. I for one would prefer if shows like HxH were split into arcs, because that way CA arc would probably get a higher score.
Apr 2, 2021 8:03 AM
Apr 2020
Nah, because shows like TPN and TG would have GOD AWFUL ratings just because of the sequels and it will steer some people away from even considering watching the 1st seasons then switching to the Manga
Apr 2, 2021 8:15 AM
Jul 2018
Nope, it would be nothing better but worse so.
Apr 2, 2021 10:14 AM

Sep 2020
spider2098 said:
If an anime is not rated season wise then confusion would be created. Take for example tokyo ghoul and promised neverland. Their later seasons were very bad compared to the first season.
Apr 2, 2021 10:24 AM
Oct 2019
I think a season rating and a series rating would both be cool to have

Though, shows with a bunch of lame, non-canon specials, OVAs, and movies might compare things a bit?
Apr 2, 2021 10:28 AM
Aug 2019
Acnologia_19 said:
Not hating but aot fans blindly vote any episodes 10/10 there are many episode of other anime which are also goat tier but there rating is that we can consider not like aot rating like 9.99/10 or 10/10

That's what most fans of any anime do, tbh.
Apr 2, 2021 10:43 AM
Apr 2021
2,6% of 430.000 votes is scored 1, while the majority of top anime doesn't surpass 1% of that score. Gintama's score was raided by Fullmetal Alchemist's fans too, and has 2,8% of 146.000 votes. No fan of AoT neither Gintama would score it 1, no matter how bad the adaptation may be. 5s,6s, maybe 4s or even 3s if you dislike it. What is truly lowering the score is raiding from other fanbases, and if AoTS3P2 goes near nº1, it will happen to it too. In my opinion, Season 4 is superior to last seasons, and I like the CGI more than 2d titans (And the color palette). Still I would rate all seasons 10, because the overall anime is a 10 for me. S4>S2>S3P2>S1>S3P1

S4 has 52% of 10s while S3P2 has 45% of 10s (And only 0,6% of 1s). The 1s of S4 are what is truly lowering the score because of their weight in the total score. Which means that it isn't genuine. There should be more 3s, 4s, 5s or 6s, which would come from disappointed fans. Therefore, this isn't a problem from the fanbase of AoT, nor from genuine criticism of consumers. You can perfectly see in the forum how there is ''fans'' shitting on AoT while backing the rise of S3P2, but I tell you, if S3P2 comes close Fullmetal alchemist, these same people will raid S3P2 and shit on it too. Sad
Apr 2, 2021 10:44 AM

Aug 2017
Yeah...but what about people that rate based on the arcs? Each arc brought upon a lot of variety and spice to the series.

I think the rating system is fine as is.

Apr 2, 2021 10:47 AM
Jan 2021
andrrww23 said:
2,6% of 430.000 votes is scored 1, while the majority of top anime doesn't surpass 1% of that score. Gintama's score was raided by Fullmetal Alchemist's fans too, and has 2,8% of 146.000 votes. No fan of AoT neither Gintama would score it 1, no matter how bad the adaptation may be. 5s,6s, maybe 4s or even 3s if you dislike it. What is truly lowering the score is raiding from other fanbases, and if AoTS3P2 goes near nº1, it will happen to it too. In my opinion, Season 4 is superior to last seasons, and I like the CGI more than 2d titans (And the color palette). Still I would rate all seasons 10, because the overall anime is a 10 for me. S4>S2>S3P2>S1>S3P1

S4 has 52% of 10s while S3P2 has 45% of 10s (And only 0,6% of 1s). The 1s of S4 are what is truly lowering the score because of their weight in the total score. Which means that it isn't genuine. There should be more 3s, 4s, 5s or 6s, which would come from disappointed fans. Therefore, this isn't a problem from the fanbase of AoT, nor from genuine criticism of consumers. You can perfectly see in the forum how there is ''fans'' shitting on AoT while backing the rise of S3P2, but I tell you, if S3P2 comes close Fullmetal alchemist, these same people will raid S3P2 and shit on it too. Sad
The stats page doesn't remove the bot votes but bot votes are removed for the final score, maybe go read the rules about scoring before you make up stupid ass theory.
the score reduced because people found this to be a 8-9 at best and they scored accordingly, aot fans themself sabotaged this season
Apr 2, 2021 10:51 AM
Aug 2019
shadowdragon007 said:
andrrww23 said:

The stats page doesn't remove the bot votes but bot votes are removed for the final score, maybe go read the rules about scoring before you make up stupid ass theory.
the score reduced because people found this to be a 8-9 at best and they scored accordingly, aot fans themself sabotaged this season

This is true to an extent. There are not only bots, but legit profiles who rated AoT (in this case, but it happens for a lot of anime) 1/10, and these are counted.
Still, the main reason the rating is going down are the 7s, 8s and 9s
Apr 2, 2021 10:59 AM
Aug 2019
@Bababazooka69 of course, I asked them an autograph too.
It was a fun time there tho, it felt just like spending my whole life
Apr 2, 2021 11:00 AM
Apr 2021
shadowdragon007 said:
andrrww23 said:

By your logic, AoTS4 should have more 8s and 9s than AoTS3P2, but it isn't the case. AoTS4 has more 10s and 1s and less 9s,8s and 7s, while S3P2 has only 0,6% of 1s. Do you truly think that genuine and dissapointed fans would vote 1? And I know too that genuine fans wouldn't shit on their own fanbase as if they weren't part of it, as you did.

Dany2100 said:
shadowdragon007 said:

This is true to an extent. There are not only bots, but legit profiles who rated AoT (in this case, but it happens for a lot of anime) 1/10, and these are counted.

If the main reason were 7s,8s and 9s, there should be more 7s, 8s and 9s than S3P2, or at least less 10s, but it isn't the case at all. 1s low the score the most because of their weight. S3P2 only has 0,6% of 1s, and AoTS4 has 2,6%. It is pretty obvious that it isn't a genuine score, so, it doesn't matter
andrrww23Apr 2, 2021 11:05 AM
Apr 2, 2021 11:01 AM
Jan 2021
Dany2100 said:
shadowdragon007 said:

I agree some people rated it 1 just out of spite but i think it's a very small minority and most people here behave as if the 1s took them down when in reality the score reduced because people waited for the anime to end and the voted 7-9 genuinely
Apr 2, 2021 11:09 AM
Aug 2019
andrrww23 said:
shadowdragon007 said:

By your logic, AoTS4 should have more 8s and 9s than AoTS3P2, but it isn't the case. AoTS4 has more 10s and 1s and less 9s,8s and 7s, while S3P2 has only 0,6% of 1s. Do you truly think that genuine and dissapointed fans would vote 1? And I know too that genuine fans wouldn't shit on their own fanbase as if they weren't part of it, as you did.

Dany2100 said:

If the main reason were 7s,8s and 9s, there should be more 7s, 8s and 9s than S3P2, or at least less 10s, but it isn't the case at all. 1s low the score the most because of their weight. S3P2 only has 0,6% of 1s, and AoTS4 has 2,6%. It is pretty obvious that it isn't a genuine score, so, it doesn't matter

Of course the 1s are lowering the score the most. If there was a normal amount of 1s, the score would be higher now. But still, it would be dropping because of the 7s, 8s and 9s. As a matter of fact, the percentages of 10s and 1s are going down, while those for 7s, 8s and 9s (this one the most) are going up
Apr 2, 2021 11:10 AM
Jan 2021
andrrww23 said:
shadowdragon007 said:

Dany2100 said:

even all the 10s are not counted because some of them are bots, if you look at the users considered for calculating the score for s3p2 its 777,777 and for s4 it's 428,707, as you can see more people voted for s3p2 and it will have a effect on the scoring too, true aot fans won't shit on the show? did you forget a few months back fans wre sending death threats to the animators and have been generally shitting on this season since the start

and the stats page doesn't remove the bot votes but the final score does
Apr 2, 2021 11:25 AM
Apr 2021

That's the thing, it would be way higher, and only once S4 had more 7s,8s and 9s than S3P2, then it would drop behind. Therefore, the score isn't a genuine representation of AoT fans nor consumers. It doesn't make any sense that while S4 has 7% more of 10s that S3P2, they have the same overall score. Therefore, the problem here aren't fans, but other fanbases raiding.

shadowdragon007 said:
andrrww23 said:

even all the 10s are not counted because some of them are bots, if you look at the users considered for calculating the score for s3p2 its 777,777 and for s4 it's 428,707, as you can see more people voted for s3p2 and it will have a effect on the scoring too, true aot fans won't shit on the show? did you forget a few months back fans wre sending death threats to the animators and have been generally shitting on this season since the start

The majority of 1s don't come from fans, because the raid of Fullmetal alchemist happened more than once while the season was still airing. The score is droping abnormally fast, as it did the times it surpassed Fullmetal alchemist. It is so childish that it is laughable. But that's not the problem, the problem is when there is people making themselves seem as ''fans'' to create a sense of infight, which isn't the case. I don't care if S4 is number 1,2,3 or whatever, but I don't it like when there is a sabotage against the fanbase, because that can perfectly affect the product. I tell you, many people from other fanbases have taken advantage of the minor controversy of MAPPA to shit on AoT, which is fucking retarded but, it is happening
Apr 2, 2021 11:32 AM
Jul 2019
Rating every season individually is ten times better, gives you indication of which seasons are strong and which are terrible/weak.
Apr 2, 2021 12:06 PM
Jan 2021
andrrww23 said:

That's the thing, it would be way higher, and only once S4 had more 7s,8s and 9s than S3P2, then it would drop behind. Therefore, the score isn't a genuine representation of AoT fans nor consumers. It doesn't make any sense that while S4 has 7% more of 10s that S3P2, they have the same overall score. Therefore, the problem here aren't fans, but other fanbases raiding.

shadowdragon007 said:

The majority of 1s don't come from fans, because the raid of Fullmetal alchemist happened more than once while the season was still airing. The score is droping abnormally fast, as it did the times it surpassed Fullmetal alchemist. It is so childish that it is laughable. But that's not the problem, the problem is when there is people making themselves seem as ''fans'' to create a sense of infight, which isn't the case. I don't care if S4 is number 1,2,3 or whatever, but I don't it like when there is a sabotage against the fanbase, because that can perfectly affect the product. I tell you, many people from other fanbases have taken advantage of the minor controversy of MAPPA to shit on AoT, which is fucking retarded but, it is happening

bruh the score dropped abnormally fast because the majority is rating the show now, people keep saying fmab raided and stuff like that and use the example of gintama but when mal introduced the new system of duplicate account detection that was corrected and all the shows that were affected recovered you can check that out here https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1824703.

you do know that people enjoy more than one anime right i enjoy aot just as much as i enjoyed watching fmab, steins;gate, death note and every other anime, you don't have to stake your whole identity on one anime, and it was aot fans who created the shit storm it was not minor people were creating comparison videos making death threats and nit picking every single detail, also the score of s3p2 increased drastically because but i don't see anyone complaining about that
Nobody is sabotaging aot diehard aot fans are doing it themself, I can only imagine what will happen after the show ends since the manga readers are extremely divided with the direction it s going
you can think i'm sabotaging or whatever but I'm not i like aot, i gave this season a 8 and 8.5 in other sites because that is what i thought it deserved as many other people did

and also creating a new account just to rate s3p2 and s4p1 a 10 won't work and is also considered as botting
Apr 2, 2021 12:08 PM
Nov 2020
andrrww23 said:

shadowdragon007 said:

Lmao always blame fmab fans when you should be blaming aot fans ☠️ Your fandom hated the cgi, the ost, the lighting, the colors and probably many other things of S4 and they’re probably at least half of the 1s. Your fandom is also fighting against themselves on which season is better. When it ended, it got a boost to 9.20 and now that’s it 9.11, the 1s only increased by 700. It’s % even went down from 3.1% to 2.5% but still you’re a blind fanboy that can’t understand data. Yeah you can always just try to put the blame on other fandoms when everyone knows the aot fandom is the most toxic fandom of all that you even fight among yourselves lmao.
Apr 2, 2021 12:16 PM

Jul 2017
İ highly disaggree. Same IP can be animated by diffrent studios and their quality varies.
Apr 2, 2021 12:21 PM

Jul 2020
So you don't care about Gintama that has conquered the top anime list?
Acnologia_19 said:

You are generalizing way too much.Not all fans are like that.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Apr 2, 2021 12:35 PM
Apr 2021
shadowdragon007 said:
andrrww23 said:

bruh the score dropped abnormally fast because the majority is rating the show now, people keep saying fmab raided and stuff like that and use the example of gintama but when mal introduced the new system of duplicate account detection that was corrected and all the shows that were affected recovered you can check that out here https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1824703.

you do know that people enjoy more than one anime right i enjoy aot just as much as i enjoyed watching fmab, steins;gate, death note and every other anime, you don't have to stake your whole identity on one anime, and it was aot fans who created the shit storm it was not minor people were creating comparison videos making death threats and nit picking every single detail, also the score of s3p2 increased drastically because but i don't see anyone complaining about that
Nobody is sabotaging aot diehard aot fans are doing it themself, I can only imagine what will happen after the show ends since the manga readers are extremely divided with the direction it s going
you can think i'm sabotaging or whatever but I'm not i like aot, i gave this season a 8 and 8.5 in other sites because that is what i thought it deserved as many other people did

and also creating a new account just to rate s3p2 and s4p1 a 10 won't work and is also considered as botting

Do you understand that the raid doesn't have anything to do with duplicate accounts? These are other fanbases, that's it. AoT S4 became nº1 more than once in last months, and sudently, by your own arguments, AoT fans started to vote 1s because? By that time the show didn't end, and it happened too. I'm not an anime fan, I don't like other animes. This is my first interaction with any type of anime community, and it is so pathetic that now I understand the whole rejection against the ''otaku''. I like tv shows, and AoT is the only anime that is normal enough to be great and unique because of its ideology. What I see is people making themselves look like fans of AoT, celebrating that S3P2 is nº2, while rating it 1 too. You are so apologetic about the fmab fanbase (in a AoT discussion forum) while shitting on this fanbase that it is obviously suspicious, but I don't care, because the data clearly says that the score isn't a genuine representation of fans. And the overall rating in other sites indicates that the MAPPA controversy was from a minority too. So, I'm glad that the product will not be affected by such retards

Roger1 said:
andrrww23 said:

Lmao always blame fmab fans when you should be blaming aot fans ☠️ Your fandom hated the cgi, the ost, the lighting, the colors and probably many other things of S4 and they’re probably at least half of the 1s. Your fandom is also fighting against themselves on which season is better. When it ended, it got a boost to 9.20 and now that’s it 9.11, the 1s only increased by 700. It’s % even went down from 3.1% to 2.5% but still you’re a blind fanboy that can’t understand data. Yeah you can always just try to put the blame on other fandoms when everyone knows the aot fandom is the most toxic fandom of all that you even fight among yourselves lmao.

And look, there is another person in an AoT discussion forum defending the fmab fans while calling the AoT ''your fandom'', and shitting on it. Not suspicious at all. And, if there wasn't this disproportional amount of 1s, S4 would have a genuine total score. I explained it, it isn't so hard to understand that it doesn't make any sense that while S4 has 7% more of 10s than S3P2, they have the same score. I'm glad that S3P2 is 2º, I loved that season. Let's see if S3P2 comes close to fmab if you have the same reaction
andrrww23Apr 2, 2021 12:45 PM
Apr 2, 2021 1:21 PM

Jun 2020
If you think that by considering entire Aot at once , it's rating would increase- You're dead wrong. S1 of AoT was not that great and S3 P1 gave me a headache quite a few times. It was S2 and S3 P2 that turned Aot into a masterpiece.
Apr 2, 2021 1:23 PM
Jan 2021
andrrww23 said:
shadowdragon007 said:

Do you understand that the raid doesn't have anything to do with duplicate accounts? These are other fanbases, that's it. AoT S4 became nº1 more than once in last months, and sudently, by your own arguments, AoT fans started to vote 1s because? By that time the show didn't end, and it happened too. I'm not an anime fan, I don't like other animes. This is my first interaction with any type of anime community, and it is so pathetic that now I understand the whole rejection against the ''otaku''. I like tv shows, and AoT is the only anime that is normal enough to be great and unique because of its ideology. What I see is people making themselves look like fans of AoT, celebrating that S3P2 is nº2, while rating it 1 too. You are so apologetic about the fmab fanbase (in a AoT discussion forum) while shitting on this fanbase that it is obviously suspicious, but I don't care, because the data clearly says that the score isn't a genuine representation of fans. And the overall rating in other sites indicates that the MAPPA controversy was from a minority too. So, I'm glad that the product will not be affected by such retards

Ah by your comment is so clear that you don't understand how the scoring work in mal, I'm not saying that the toxic fans of other fandoms rated this show low it's not just fmab a lot of other fandoms hate the aot fandom (they don't hate the show they hate the fandom), the toxic side of aot fandom is really toxic.

believe me the people who are cheering for s3p2 and hating on this season are fans of aot (the wonderful breed that is manga readers), this is not the first time in anime history that this happened look at one punch man, the promised neverland, tokyo ghoul, the people who are most outraged are generally the toxic fans.

I only watch aot and didn't watch any other anime that explains a lot lol, there are a lot of things you need to understand about anime but the first thing is the rankings in these anime websites are not the absolute best that anime has to offer and there are a lot of anime that are absolutely amazing but not enough people watch them.

bruh i'm not shitting on this fanbase, I'm shitting on the toxic part of this fanbase

and i'm pretty sure that you don't understand that otaku means
shadowdragon007Apr 2, 2021 1:27 PM
Apr 2, 2021 1:35 PM
Nov 2020
andrrww23 said:
shadowdragon007 said:

Roger1 said:

And look, there is another person in an AoT discussion forum defending the fmab fans while calling the AoT ''your fandom'', and shitting on it. Not suspicious at all. And, if there wasn't this disproportional amount of 1s, S4 would have a genuine total score. I explained it, it isn't so hard to understand that it doesn't make any sense that while S4 has 7% more of 10s than S3P2, they have the same score. I'm glad that S3P2 is 2º, I loved that season. Let's see if S3P2 comes close to fmab if you have the same reaction

You do know that the stats being shown aren’t the real stats right? I mentioned the 1s just cause it went lower. The score you’re seeing now is filtered already so what “genuine” do you want? It’s just very obvious that you’re very upset that S4 isn’t #1 sad life. You’re probably one of those in the beginning of S4 who said it will end at 9.40 or something lmao. You can call it “sabotage” all you want but that still won’t make it go higher lol xD Goodbye top 5 in a few weeks.
Apr 2, 2021 1:59 PM
Apr 2021
Roger1 said:
andrrww23 said:

You do know that the stats being shown aren’t the real stats right? I mentioned the 1s just cause it went lower. The score you’re seeing now is filtered already so what “genuine” do you want? It’s just very obvious that you’re very upset that S4 isn’t #1 sad life. You’re probably one of those in the beginning of S4 who said it will end at 9.40 or something lmao. You can call it “sabotage” all you want but that still won’t make it go higher lol xD Goodbye top 5 in a few weeks.

I didn't join this conversation till yersterday. I don't care about the rating as I said. I don't know if an otaku can read but, I will try to explain it better. The problem here to me is the fact that people like you are pretending to be fans of AoT while spreading a sense of infight, when in reality you only care about the position of your favourite animes. That's the sabotage, because sometimes, retards like you speak the louder, and then, it affects the product. That's the meaning of the 1s, and the overall interactions that I have seen in this forum. A rating is nothing in comparison with that. If S3P2 gets closer to the first place, let's see if you are that happy.
Apr 2, 2021 2:03 PM

Feb 2021
Coincidentally, s3 p2 overtook that horrifically overrated season. It’s 8.5 at best.
Yes, it blows s4 out of the water. Don’t try and merge them just because it was overtaken.
And no, back when fmab was airing people weren’t just blindly rating every episode a 10.
Apr 2, 2021 2:12 PM
Sep 2020
Mo168 said:
Coincidentally, s3 p2 overtook that horrifically overrated season. It’s 8.5 at best.
Yes, it blows s4 out of the water. Don’t try and merge them just because it was overtaken.
And no, back when fmab was airing people weren’t just blindly rating every episode a 10.

Blindly rating doesn't matter in the long run for AoT either tho, since it has such a huge number of voters (its the fourth most popular tv show on IMDB by episode rating, surpassed by only Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, and Black Mirror) . FMAB episodes on IMDB have 1,500 votes, while AoT episodes have 50,000 votes, there's such a big difference that it balances out from the blind raters. Plus, if you check the top voters average for an episode, the top voters still rate the top AoT episodes a 9.9 or 10, and the top voters for FMAB rate them a 9.3. T
Apr 2, 2021 2:14 PM
Nov 2020
andrrww23 said:
Roger1 said:

I didn't join this conversation till yersterday. I don't care about the rating as I said. I don't know if an otaku can read but, I will try to explain it better. The problem here to me is the fact that people like you are pretending to be fans of AoT while spreading a sense of infight, when in reality you only care about the position of your favourite animes. That's the sabotage, because sometimes, retards like you speak the louder, and then, it affects the product. That's the meaning of the 1s, and the overall interactions that I have seen in this forum. A rating is nothing in comparison with that. If S3P2 gets closer to the first place, let's see if you are that happy.

Lmao spoken like a typical fanboy xD Didn’t you read about aot fans threatening mappa? Don’t tell me you’re gonna say those are also fmab fans lmao. You just can’t accept the fact that some aot fans didn’t like S4 as much as you did so your coping mechanism is just to put the blame on other fandoms trying to sabotage S4. You’re the very definition of a blind fanboy lol.
Apr 2, 2021 2:50 PM

Feb 2021
solele said:
Mo168 said:

Blindly rating doesn't matter in the long run for AoT either tho, since it has such a huge number of voters (its the fourth most popular tv show on IMDB by episode rating, surpassed by only Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, and Black Mirror) . FMAB episodes on IMDB have 1,500 votes, while AoT episodes have 50,000 votes, there's such a big difference that it balances out from the blind raters. Plus, if you check the top voters average for an episode, the top voters still rate the top AoT episodes a 9.9 or 10, and the top voters for FMAB rate them a 9.3. T
Did you just use IMBD to
make a point lmao, if you want to look at like that. Then look at the series rating fmab(series) is at a 9,1 , while aot is a 8,9...
“The only thing humans are equal in is death.”
― Johan Liebert
Apr 2, 2021 3:30 PM
Jun 2019
dewwm said:
I actually like the seasonal format MAL uses. Lengths between seasons are too long to have them the same entry. I'm certain Japan categorizes seasons as different entries and other anime ranking sites use the seasonal format also. Seasons have their own style and the production value can vary from each other. Each season is a project within themselves even if they don't cover the entirety of the series.

Yeah I mostly agree with this take, although I believe that IMBD has just as much authority when it come to anime as MAL in my opinion.

In my opinion, even though it's kinda annoying and sometimes even a little confusing to navigate the site this way, it doesn't really make sense to bundle all the seasons together into a cumulative score.

If that was the case, you'd see the score for the entire show jump around like crazy everytime a new season comes out, and it wouldn't paint an accurate picture of the quality of the show.

Granted, it's not a perfect system. The later seasons of shows will almost always be rated higher than the earlier one's because usually only people who enjoy the first seasons continue onwards, and I think we're seeing that right now with AOT. Don't get me wrong, season 4 is REALLY GOOD, but better than season 3 AND a 9.2 average? That might be a bit of a reach.
Apr 2, 2021 3:34 PM

Oct 2020
BurrZurrCarr said:
dewwm said:

Yeah I mostly agree with this take, although I believe that IMBD has just as much authority when it come to anime as MAL in my opinion.

In my opinion, even though it's kinda annoying and sometimes even a little confusing to navigate the site this way, it doesn't really make sense to bundle all the seasons together into a cumulative score.

If that was the case, you'd see the score for the entire show jump around like crazy everytime a new season comes out, and it wouldn't paint an accurate picture of the quality of the show.

Granted, it's not a perfect system. The later seasons of shows will almost always be rated higher than the earlier one's because usually only people who enjoy the first seasons continue onwards, and I think we're seeing that right now with AOT. Don't get me wrong, season 4 is REALLY GOOD, but better than season 3 AND a 9.2 average? That might be a bit of a reach.

I agree with everything here but that IMDb has as much authority as MAL. They have an extremely huge bias on shonens and actions w only non-actions like Steins and LotGH rated high imo.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 2, 2021 4:09 PM
Sep 2020
IFollowKIngs said:
solele said:

Did you just use IMBD to
make a point lmao, if you want to look at like that. Then look at the series rating fmab(series) is at a 9,1 , while aot is a 8,9...

Bruh what, I am making a point, that AoT fans don’t blindly rate the episodes. I’m not talking about the shows’s overall score. Read the convo before you make false claims
Apr 2, 2021 4:19 PM

Jan 2020
I hate that idea and I always will. Thankfully it'll never happen

Apr 2, 2021 4:28 PM

Jul 2020
Nah, I'm fine with the current rating system
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » If Eren was in avatar...

TASM18 - Apr 17

18 by belugaanime »»
Apr 19, 2:12 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 7, 2021

513 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 13, 8:01 AM

» Isayama: The Perfect Architect ( 1 2 )

Mikasa - Mar 29, 2021

65 by benisfroms »»
Apr 10, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 10, 2021

986 by Jasmin061011 »»
Apr 2, 8:12 AM

» Falco and Gabi…

Arddaa52 - Jul 25, 2021

20 by Adrena »»
Mar 27, 6:50 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.