Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 14, 2021 5:10 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Thread made in advance to reduce the competition for the first post and reduce spoilers.
The thread will be unlocked at 00:38 (JST) This thread is now unlocked

Concerning spoilers: Please do not confirm a theory someone has or give hints about something that happens later on. Not everyone wants their theories confirmed or denied. If you want to do so, add a spoiler to your post and I mean the entire part where you confirm or deny a theory. If you bring arguments from past episodes, you don't have to add spoiler tags. Continuously spoiling future events in an anime can be seen as trolling and can result in a warning or a ban.

A reminder of some rules:
  • Do not ask where to watch or post links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
  • If you absolutely need to make a reference to the LN, manga, WN or something that might happen in future episodes, use spoiler tags.
    [spoiler]your text here[/spoiler]

• Do not only post something like "good episode". Simple phrases posts are removed without notice.
  • Only use one screenshot. If you use more than one, your other pictures will be either put in spoilers or removed.
  • Refrain from multi-posting consecutively. Use the edit button if necessary.
  • Do not resort to abuse or trolling.

You can find the Anime Series Episode Discussion Rules here.
Koito91Feb 14, 2021 7:46 AM
Feb 14, 2021 7:44 AM

Jul 2019
Very talkative epsiode.

lmao, when Eren kept saying tatakae. and then Hange goes like "Eren no ecchi". could make a good romance out of that.

Mikasa met up with her og family too lol. I need to reread most of what goes down in this episode.

This episode pretty deep tho. The band of friends broke so much, damn.`
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Great episode, like the usual! Slow buildup but very interesting drops nonetheless.

Eren's tense encounter with Hange was quite something! Did he just try to transform there?!

Historia's baby? Of course there's going to be unimpressed generals. Sweet little moment b/w Historia, Mikasa and Eren earlier though. Also, Eren blushing and totally killing the air there xD.

Eren's laughter when hearing about Sasha's death. Seemed more prevalent in the manga so I assumed they'd edit that a little but nope, leave it to Connie for spotting that subtle(r) reference. I'm surprised he managed to hold back his anger during the moment though.

Illustration for the week: https://twitter.com/anime_shingeki/status/1360975838464806917

_MushiRock11_Feb 14, 2021 7:58 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 2020
ooh gotta love those mikasa and historia scenes <3

Sep 2019
They were so cute when they blushed, seeing Sasha made me sad, again.

I like Armin's old look more.
Feb 14, 2021 7:45 AM

Jun 2020
Is it just me or did Eren literally look like a cuter Ymir for a second

Today is valentines day and the episode number for today's episode is #69, and Historia got pregnant in today's episode as well. Coincidence? I think not!
Arin-sanFeb 14, 2021 8:03 AM

I said keep your hands on the table

Nov 2011
Haha, it looked almost like Eren was about to transform right there while being in jail in front of Hange. That would of been something.

Looks like Jean, Connie, and others found themselves working on the field. Speaking of Connie, he really can't get over Sasha's death with that look of despair on his face.

Jan 2009
did they add some anime original content on this episode? i do not remember that tatoo reveal of Mikasa on the manga

welp there it is Historia is pregnant on valentines day
Feb 14, 2021 7:46 AM

Oct 2017
z00nex said:
They were so cute when they blushed, seeing Sasha made me sad, again.

I like Armin's old look more.
brenantejapan said:
ooh gotta love those mikasa and historia scenes <3

They are cute indeed.

Sep 2016
For those confused about Mikasa's Azumabito tattoo.

One of the various examples of her bandage appearing in the manga.

WIT removed the bandage from all scenes

I can imagine some people calling her attachment out of nowhere. This was what I was most worried about regarding the WfP arc. I hope this clears your confusion. Isayama has been hinting at Mikasa's attachment from the very beginning.

Aug 2019
Animation wasn't the best but the direction and adaptation were really great.
Feb 14, 2021 7:47 AM

Oct 2020
Arin-san said:
It literally happened.

Jan 2018
Solid episode, the pregnancy reveal could have been better.
BARK BARK BARK ARRRGGFFF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK HSSSSSSSSS SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRR RUFF RUFF WOOF WOOF WOOF SNARL BITE BITE BARK CHOMP SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRRRRRRR RUFF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK ARGGGHHFFFF BITE BITE BITE WOOF HSSSSSSS GRRRROWWWL HOWLLL WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK ARGGGGRRRFFF BITE WOOF WOOFBARK BARK HSSSS CHOMP GRRRRR

Jan 2009
lots of off-model drawings again but that is expected considering this episode got like 10+ ADs
Feb 14, 2021 7:48 AM

Jul 2017
Some hella cute moments in this ep. Definitely needed to see these adapted lol

Oct 2013
Arin-san said:

They didn't it though.

deg said:
lots of off-model drawings again but that is expected considering this episode got like 10+ ADs

I thought the faces looks way better compare to previous episodes, especially Levi.

I guess since they don't have to draw the characters in the new scouting legion uniform anymore, they have more time to draw the faces properly.
Dec 2020
Arin-san said:
They kept it dude. Its after the flashback
Feb 14, 2021 7:49 AM

Apr 2013
Good episode, waiting for subs to see specifically what dialogue they cut out. We finally met farmer kun and preggo Historia.

We saw the end of the flashback from 3 years ago where Paradis met with Lady Azumabito to discuss Zeke’s plan of giving the Beast titan to Historia’s bloodline and we also learn of Mikasa’s tattoo/heritage.

The scene between Eren and Hange was blessed by Yuki Kaji, great VA work as usual. Eren grabbed her by the collar of her jacket and created titan sparks.

And finally the scene between the OG scouts on the train where they discuss who will inherit the Founding titan and Attack titan. Connie and Sasha telling the other they’re too much of an idiot to inherit it made me chuckle in sadness.

Next episode will definitely test anime only viewers and their views of Gabi.

Hoping the BDs fix some of the off-model drawings and cleans up a few character designs.
KneelBeforeMeFeb 14, 2021 7:52 AM
Feb 14, 2021 7:49 AM

Oct 2020
They adapted almost all of 107 and 108 and it seems they aren't rearranging the Gabi scenes for episode 12 since it's in the preview for 11.
Feb 14, 2021 7:51 AM

Jun 2020
I_Am_Freeballing said:
Arin-san said:
It literally happened.

By internet is so fucking terrible, I was watching the NHK live and it buffered for like 6 seconds and immediately went onto another scene, I thought that scene was cut or something.

Feb 14, 2021 7:53 AM

Oct 2013
Taltibalti said:

I can imagine some people calling her attachment out of nowhere. This was what I was most worried about regarding the WfP arc. I hope this clears your confusion. Isayama has been hinting at Mikasa's attachment from the very beginning.

I think this is also very important to point out as well.

Feb 14, 2021 7:53 AM

Jan 2009
burakk637 said:
Character design and animation looks weird

@keragamming

the BluRay will correct those off-model drawings for sure but ye its as expected of an episode with 10+ ADs
Feb 14, 2021 7:54 AM
Jul 2020
Great episode, great VAs works, but some off-model chara. Well thats what you get from rush production. But 10/10 ep as always
Feb 14, 2021 7:54 AM

Jun 2020
deg said:
did they add some anime original content on this episode? i do not remember that tatoo reveal of Mikasa on the manga

Nope, it was in the manga.

Feb 14, 2021 7:55 AM
Apr 2020
Queen Mikasa!

Queen Historia is pregnant and the father is the farmer!

EreMika blushing!

That's probably the last time we'll see that the new Levi Squad from 104th is complete. T_T

Jul 2017

Two of the best waifus.

Jan 2021
burakk637 said:
Character design and animation looks weird
nah man the same thing happened in previous seasons too don't worry they will fix inconsistencies in Blu ray
Feb 14, 2021 7:56 AM

Jan 2009
Arin-san said:
deg said:

Nope, it was in the manga.

i see i forgot that already as i do not re-read chapters in full
Feb 14, 2021 7:56 AM

Sep 2019
keragamming said:
Taltibalti said:

oh. how will it effect the story?
"I think I wanted to attack something. Like betraying people or hurting people. And, well, it's not exactly nice, but hurting the readers too... In all honestly, I feel that's what I really wanted to do. For me, as a reader, when I think, "this manga will remain in my heart," it means, for example, it phenomenally hurt me: It's those kinds of experiences I'm after." - Pajime Hisayama (My favourite hurting author).
Feb 14, 2021 7:57 AM

Nov 2016
For the love of God, I can't bring myself to like Eren. Too edgy for me.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 14, 2021 7:59 AM
Dec 2020
deg said:

Yeah, I'm waiting for a BD release to see how much they fix. Well at least this is just the beginning of WfP, all the best is yet to come.
Feb 14, 2021 8:00 AM

Sep 2014
Much better art this episode compared to last week. I'm pretty certain now that a good portion of episode 9 was outsourced. Can't wait to see our god and saviour Emperor Floch next week
Feb 14, 2021 8:02 AM

Sep 2016
Peeti said:

MAPPA just pretended her tattoo was there all along lmao.
Feb 14, 2021 8:04 AM

Jul 2019
Taltibalti said:
Peeti said:

MAPPA just pretended her tattoo was there all along lmao.

Lmao no fucks given, Mappa be like: " It's not our fault Wit fucked up"
Feb 14, 2021 8:07 AM

Oct 2020
We should just not make a big deal out of the tattoo. It's never brought up again. Although I wonder if this was a slip up or if they intentionally kept it like it is in the manga.
Feb 14, 2021 8:13 AM

Jul 2019
GetLuckySomeday said:
Dude, it seems Mappa hates Zeke

Why? Didn't watch the episode yet
Feb 14, 2021 8:16 AM

Sep 2016
Fax001s said:
GetLuckySomeday said:
Dude, it seems Mappa hates Zeke

Why? Didn't watch the episode yet

IDK what he's talking about. He appeared for less than 2 seconds at the end.
Feb 14, 2021 8:21 AM
Nov 2019
Peeti said:
keragamming said:

It would just be slippery writing which actually isn't Isayama's fault but it was the adaptation's fault. For such a detail to appear out of nowhere is just ridiculous.
But as many pointed out already it was consistently hinted in the manga so it is not Isayama's fault after all.
It's really strange that people are surprised Mappa kept this detail just because Wit was inconsistent with it.

Jan 2020
Arin-san said:
Is it just me or did Eren literally look like a cuter Ymir for a second

Today is valentines day and the episode number for today's episode is #69, and Historia got pregnant in today's episode as well. Coincidence? I think not!

legends say isayama planned for this to happen
U-Y-P-W-O-C-U-T-I-K-A-T-I-P-M-I-N-I-I-D-I-H-I-W-T-S-T-I-W-S-T-O-M-P-T-I-L-U-C-H-N-I-D-T-I-I-Y-I-M-N-O-W-S-T-S-W-N-I-B-W
Feb 2021
Where can I watch it I don’t see it on Crunchyroll yet
Feb 14, 2021 8:24 AM

Sep 2016
GetLuckySomeday said:
Taltibalti said:

I'm talking about his meeting with Kiyomi in flashback where he talks about how he is a true eldian restorationist. Like, Mappa cut all Zeke's scenes throughout all season: some cool smart-ass dialogues with Magath, with warriors, Catchball scene, etc

Are you talking about cut content or the fact that he had a little bit too much of Niccolo's cooking
Feb 14, 2021 8:25 AM
Jul 2018
Manbun Eren sounds so fucking amazing when he's angry oh my god... I geniunely can't find anyone who would fit voicing Eren at least tenth as good as Yuki Kaji
Aug 2016
Good episode. Loved the wholesome moment. Also, smiling Eren is so precious.

5/5

Oct 2013
GetLuckySomeday said:
Taltibalti said:

I'm talking about his meeting with Kiyomi in flashback where he talks about how he is a
Like, Mappa's cutting all Zeke's scenes throughout the season: some cool smart-ass dialogues with Magath, with warriors, Catchball scene, etc

You are getting confuse, that happens in later chapters, although it seems they did shorten the dialogue, but what you are talking about will happen in episode 12 of the anime.

Also put that part in spoiler please

Moosegoosegamer said:

Subs are not out yet, these are reactions from the raws, wait a couple of ours for subs.
Feb 14, 2021 8:26 AM
Jan 2021
GetLuckySomeday said:
Taltibalti said:

I'm talking about his meeting with Kiyomi in flashback where he talks about how he is a true eldian restorationist. Like, Mappa's cutting all Zeke's scenes throughout the season: some cool smart-ass dialogues with Magath, with warriors, Catchball scene, etc
there will be a seperate episode for that and mappa is adapting much better than wit did for uprising arc and even skipping Mikasa azumabito tattoo too didn't you question that
Feb 14, 2021 8:27 AM
Aug 2016
GetLuckySomeday said:
Taltibalti said:

I'm talking about his meeting with Kiyomi in flashback where he talks about how he is a true eldian restorationist. Like, Mappa's cutting all Zeke's scenes throughout the season: some cool smart-ass dialogues with Magath, with warriors, Catchball scene, etc
yeah im not sure which one is the worst this or ep 3
Feb 14, 2021 8:28 AM

Sep 2016
I can't find the ost used during the train scene. Can someone please help me out.
Feb 14, 2021 8:29 AM
Feb 2021
GetLuckySomeday said:
Taltibalti said:

Yeah the Kiyomi Zeke conversation was cut a bit but by looking at the episode titles they have released it seems that they are rearranging some stuff in the anime. I say wait for the future episodes to see how they handle it.
Feb 14, 2021 8:30 AM

Sep 2016
GetLuckySomeday said:
Taltibalti said:

Are you talking about cut content or the fact that he had a little bit too much of Niccolo's cooking

About former. I can't say for sure since subs aren't there yet but looks like the cut like 80% of this moment.

Yeah, I think they completely removed the "Iceburst stone" from the anime. Subs aren't out yet so I'm not sure how much they cut out.
Feb 14, 2021 8:32 AM

Apr 2013
keragamming said:
GetLuckySomeday said:

I'm talking about his meeting with Kiyomi in flashback where he talks about how he is a
Like, Mappa's cutting all Zeke's scenes throughout the season: some cool smart-ass dialogues with Magath, with warriors, Catchball scene, etc

You are getting confuse, that happens in later chapters, although it seems they did shorten the dialogue, but what you are talking about will happen in episode 12 of the anime.

Also put that part in spoiler please

Moosegoosegamer said:

Subs are not out yet, these are reactions from the raws, wait a couple of ours for subs.
Nah I think he’s right by the length of the scene, I’m waiting for subs to see what they cut in the dialogue but I highly doubt they adapted all of it. Which is a shame because that’s a high point for Zeke. Unless its rearranged to be showed later on, but when? His flashback from ch114?
Pages (12) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 31, 2021

818 by SaimonIdk »»
May 21, 9:50 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 28, 2021

692 by wibugar »»
May 10, 1:11 AM

» The one thing I dont understand now is, why WIT censored so much the violence?

MAQS - Dec 20, 2020

26 by SoughtLi »»
Apr 28, 7:26 PM

Poll: » If Eren was in avatar...

TASM18 - Apr 17

18 by belugaanime »»
Apr 19, 2:12 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 7, 2021

513 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 13, 8:01 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.