Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Mushoku Tensei removed from BiliBili (main anime streaming service in China). Bad news for upcoming next seasons

New
Feb 7, 2021 10:46 AM

May 2019

https://twitter.com/RanobeSugoi/status/1358473839286525952

"Mushoku Tensei" all previous 04 episodes has been removed from Chinese site Bilibili due to technical issues. Episode #5 will not be updated for a while due to the same reason.

Explanation from 4chan:

-------------

The most ridiculous reason possible. Stupid e-celeb seeking for attention are bashing one of the most popular anime of the season, the fandom reacts, and the streaming service, affraid to be involved in that, just remove the anime.

Mushoku Tensei was not banned from China by the Goverment, no censorship, but now it lost great part of the revenue in the biggest anime market of the world.

It may not cancel the next seasons of MT, but undoublty it is a huge blow. Delays may be expected, after all, anime is money.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 7, 2021 10:49 AM

Jan 2021
Waiting for SJWs and haters to use this fact out of context to trash on Mushoku Tensei.
Feb 7, 2021 11:08 AM

Dec 2020
OOF. Thats a lot of damage. Seriously this is sad, with that insane production value and tons of effort the staff and studio put on this show, and now it lost one of the biggest anime market in the world... Just because 1 e-celeb has a problem with an ugly fat bastard (lol).

Hopefully it's only a delay or else i hope the anime can still doing well even without Chinese market.
Feb 7, 2021 11:11 AM
Jan 2021
* Episode #5 will not be updated for a while due to the same reason. *

Doesn't this mean they'll bring it back up ?
Feb 7, 2021 11:12 AM

Nov 2013
Lol those Chinese "celebrities" must be regulars on Mal.
Feb 7, 2021 11:17 AM

Jun 2015
Oh look China ruining another thing.
Feb 7, 2021 11:19 AM

Oct 2019
Rob7 said:

https://twitter.com/RanobeSugoi/status/1358473839286525952

"Mushoku Tensei" all previous 04 episodes has been removed from Chinese site Bilibili due to technical issues. Episode #5 will not be updated for a while due to the same reason.

Explanation from 4chan:

-------------

The most ridiculous reason possible. Stupid e-celeb seeking for attention are bashing one of the most popular anime of the season, the fandom reacts, and the streaming service, affraid to be involved in that, just remove the anime.

Mushoku Tensei was not banned from China by the Goverment, no censorship, but now it lost great part of the revenue in the biggest anime market of the world.

It may not cancel the next seasons of MT, but undoublty it is a huge blow. Delays may be expected, after all, anime is money.
Poor Rudy, he's bullied even if he's not a real guy. This shows how is the world we live in
Feb 7, 2021 11:22 AM

Oct 2019
randomage said:

Probably, it's still a big impact though
Feb 7, 2021 11:27 AM

Dec 2015
It would be weird if the Redo of Healear (that is much worse/perverted) still got aired. Well ... in the end this will only get more attention to this anime in China and once they manage to moderate or disable comments under the videos they might just bring it back I guess. They can then just ignore if the fans of the celeb bash each other at other websites. As long as they can keep their streaming platform clean.
Feb 7, 2021 11:30 AM

Sep 2018
Thats crazy... To think e-celebs had so much influence in China...

Imagine if Gigguk were to cancel AOT saying its far-right propaganda.
Feb 7, 2021 11:36 AM

Mar 2014
hey bilibili celebrities plz bash the fk out of all other isekai animes in this season as well.
Feb 7, 2021 11:38 AM

Nov 2016
e-celebrities lol

clown world

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 7, 2021 11:40 AM
Feb 2021
Now that is 🤡 moment
Feb 7, 2021 11:42 AM
May 2013
Hmmm 🤔, never saw this coming.
Have Great Day =)
Animekid3

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Feb 7, 2021 11:44 AM
Jan 2021
FilthyFake said:
randomage said:

Can you explain why ?
Feb 7, 2021 11:46 AM

Jan 2011
anime like Mushoku Tensei rely on the money that comes from sales Blu-ray, figures ...etc more than viewership
Feb 7, 2021 11:48 AM

Jan 2011
Luthandorius said:
It would be weird if the Redo of Healear (that is much worse/perverted) still got aired. Well ... in the end this will only get more attention to this anime in China and once they manage to moderate or disable comments under the videos they might just bring it back I guess. They can then just ignore if the fans of the celeb bash each other at other websites. As long as they can keep their streaming platform clean.

Redo of Healer masterpieces, it's just you can't understand it hehe
Feb 7, 2021 11:49 AM

Jul 2017
unrelevant celebrity...
Feb 7, 2021 11:56 AM

Oct 2019
randomage said:
FilthyFake said:

Can you explain why ?
'Cause nobody knows when. And if they get it back, still there could be people don't giving it a chance. If it was that big for take it down, even for some days, it means a loss of potencial fans. It's not sure though, that's what I thought
Feb 7, 2021 11:58 AM

Jun 2016
kek this is retarded
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Feb 7, 2021 12:05 PM

Mar 2018
noooo :(

I really hope that they will get this situation sorted..
Feb 7, 2021 1:55 PM

Nov 2016
I obviously thinks it's wrong to take it down and all but..

Normal people won't watch Mushoku Tensei because they don't need to earn satisfaction from a loser, only garbages watch the show

Trueeeeee lmao

All life is a prelude to death.
Feb 7, 2021 1:59 PM
Jan 2021
Food_poisoning said:

Normal people won't watch Mushoku Tensei because they don't need to earn satisfaction from a loser, only garbages watch the show

Trueeeeee lmao

The true garbage is people who call people garbage for watching the show. :)
Essentially what your saying is that losers should stay losers & should never get better. Maybe there's a better way to phrase it in a more nontoxic way.
Feb 7, 2021 2:01 PM

Sep 2014
If the MC was hot although still being a creep, no such things would have happened. It says enough about the world we currently live in. This anime is not a problem, the world is.
Feb 7, 2021 2:04 PM

Jan 2009
thats indeed bad news lol since China is now the biggest profit maker for the anime industry due to its huge population so more potential weebs to sell their products from

its the same with Attack on Titan and My Hero Academia being banned on China i heard
Feb 7, 2021 2:25 PM
Aug 2020
It's China. It makes sense that they would do something like this. Sucks for the fans tho.
Feb 7, 2021 2:37 PM

Nov 2016
BigNut666 said:
Food_poisoning said:

Trueeeeee lmao

The true garbage is people who call people garbage for watching the show. :)
Essentially what your saying is that losers should stay losers & should never get better. Maybe there's a better way to phrase it in a more nontoxic way.

That's some nice extrapolation there, buddy.

Anyway I already said, I don't actually think everyone who watches it is trash or anything like that, though I might think their taste in stories is bad, or you can argue it's just incompatible with mine. The anime does have several good points about it though, so I can't fault people for liking it too much.

If you want what I really think, I've read most of the LN and I think the characterization is poorly executed, and rudy's faults are almost always either forgiven with a slap to the wrist, or weirdly equated to other things to play them down. in addition, the perverted moments are badly written in and of themselves, in addition to making the story lose focus. I guess one example of the story losing focus and becoming boring that sticks out the most to me is almost the entirety of the
, not necessarily only because of ecchi stuff though.

I think it's a mediocre story that become popular due to being both novelty and accessible.
All life is a prelude to death.
Feb 7, 2021 2:39 PM

Aug 2019
god why I was actually really enjoying this show for not holding back when it comes to showing explicit content
Feb 7, 2021 3:34 PM
Feb 2021
This is all just rumour and conjecture. I would wait a few more days or something actually official before you start doom posting.
Feb 7, 2021 3:37 PM
Aug 2020
Lol why should i care about that fucked up country, I'm not even American but i still hate China anyway
Feb 7, 2021 3:58 PM

Jan 2020
Being an anime fan is basically being garbage what's with this stupid denial
Хайде, хайде, хайде, това е първата зона, брато, първа зона, първа зона, добре, добре, добре, това става тук горе, отива тук горе, само спокойно, само спокойно... Ха, отдясно е, навсякъде отдясно отдясно къде е дясното ти о да добре добре добре тихо мълчаливо не успях да се съсредоточа върху това ЕХ ТЪПАК КОГАТО СИ БАВНО БАВНО ... ой е путката на моето момиче прасе куче, аз Чувствам се добре, о, мамо, *шамар*, какво е това госпожице татко-
Feb 7, 2021 4:20 PM

Feb 2010
imagine being triggered by a redemption story.
deg said:
thats indeed bad news lol since China is now the biggest profit maker for the anime industry due to its huge population so more potential weebs to sell their products from

its the same with Attack on Titan and My Hero Academia being banned on China i heard
considering both are doing quite well not really that bad news

Sigmar-Unberogen said:
Lol those Chinese "celebrities" must be regulars on Mal.

considering that this series is at a 8.36 most the regulars are enjoying it.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Feb 7, 2021 5:01 PM

Nov 2019
Can someone explain the impact of this? Because I don’t really know how big and popular bilibili is?
Feb 7, 2021 5:44 PM
Jan 2021
ExcaliburAO said:
Can someone explain the impact of this? Because I don’t really know how big and popular bilibili is?

It really big actually. Bilibili is can be seen as the china youtube but more focus on anime on its early days.

The said celebrity lost nearly 1 million follower on bilibili.

The series is remove from the platform for now. Fans is furious and say bilibili scam them because you need to buy the membership to watch the new episode as soon it aired, especially many said they buy the membership specifically for this shows.

The platform is so toxic the fans of the e-cele and other community is arguing in every famous china platform as we speek. there people harass the e-cele irl and want to cancel him.

The removal of the shows is speculate to shift the focus of the conflict from the cele comment to the moral of the shows itself, angering the users and escalate the situation.
Asking52Feb 7, 2021 5:57 PM
Feb 7, 2021 5:54 PM

Dec 2015
ExcaliburAO said:

They own 90% of the entire online anime/manga scene, runs some of the popular mobile games (e.g. FGO), has expansive game streaming service, and is one of the biggest video sharing platforms. The said 'bili-tuber' has close to 10 million subs before the incident. So yeah, really really big.

tl;dr: Youtube + Twitch + Funimation + Crunchyroll + Viz + Niconico + Netflix, basically a combination of everything kids love these days.

As for impact, not much. China is only one of the markets. and BNHA and SnK is doing just fine without it.
Feb 7, 2021 5:56 PM

Nov 2019
@Asking52
@XXXXXXXXXIII
Thx. That does seem like a big deal. When will it come back? Or is it permanent?
Feb 7, 2021 5:56 PM
Sep 2020
F for chinese fandom there, maybe they can still watch it on the youtube muse channel?
Feb 7, 2021 6:00 PM
Jan 2021
ExcaliburAO said:
@Asking52
@XXXXXXXXXIII
Thx. That does seem like a big deal. When will it come back? Or is it permanent?

I think it will be back because i sure bilibili want to hold the show knowing the potential profit. But it may take a while for this incident to die down.
Feb 7, 2021 6:10 PM
Jun 2020
I've read that the reason it was removed was because some, e-celeb. Bashed the anime because it caters to "Poor people" who can't do anything and used his fanbase to mass report it.

That's actually the most fucked up reason I've ever heard and the fact that people actually went a long with it is mind-boggling, if all that is true.

Anyway I wouldn't mind if some people were to hit back.
KappaDestinyFeb 7, 2021 6:14 PM
Feb 7, 2021 6:20 PM

Dec 2015
ExcaliburAO said:
@Asking52
@XXXXXXXXXIII

It'll probably be back, since it's not a government ban like SnK, nor did it suffer extreme fan back-lash like BnHA. I'd imagine the license was not cheap for bilibili, plus it already had 70 million views spread over the first 4 episodes, triple that of the current season of ReZero.
Feb 7, 2021 8:36 PM
Oct 2018
XXXXXXXXXIII said:
ExcaliburAO said:
@Asking52
@XXXXXXXXXIII

It'll probably be back, since it's not a government ban like SnK, nor did it suffer extreme fan back-lash like BnHA. I'd imagine the license was not cheap for bilibili, plus it already had 70 million views spread over the first 4 episodes, triple that of the current season of ReZero.

lol why would SnK get banned anywhere? Governments not happy with seeing anime people getting eaten by giant trolls?
Feb 7, 2021 8:45 PM
Jan 2021
Rjstizzer said:
XXXXXXXXXIII said:

lol why would SnK get banned anywhere? Governments not happy with seeing anime people getting eaten by giant trolls?

Well the shitty Chinese Government banned anime &manga like Snk, BHNA, Death Note, and more.
Feb 7, 2021 8:47 PM

May 2019
Rjstizzer said:

Ah, surely the issue was the 3rd season. Insurgency and coup-d'etat as the main plot of a very popular mainstream series? A complete NO-NO for a regime like China.

At least Mushoku was not banned from China, just removed from the main streaming page.

But it is bad anyway, just as like when Funimation removes a series due to controversy, like they did with I. Reviewers.
Feb 7, 2021 9:50 PM
Feb 2019
China loves censoring things, not just the state but so called e-celebs too. They both need to fuck off, they should make their own garbage anime if they think they can do better. China is cancer, they don't create anything anybody else wants to watch they just try to force other countries to comply with their backwards ideology.
Feb 7, 2021 9:54 PM

Jan 2020
Bruh. This is pretty dumb not gonna lie

Feb 7, 2021 10:09 PM
Aug 2011
The real loser & garbage who take some stupid celebrities comment to ban a great anime ..
Well, anyway I don't think that going to effect the anime , I mean who care about some Chinese website (lol)
Feb 7, 2021 10:38 PM
Sep 2014
Let's not pretend that the chinese know nothing about VPN.

This might be dick move but doesn't means they lost the chinese market completely and they better not be.
Feb 7, 2021 10:44 PM
Aug 2015
HigekiTragedy said:

This might be dick move but doesn't means they lost the chinese market completely and they better not be.

what they lost is future revenue. the chinese have to pay for memberships to watch anime on bb. The rights for this season must have been paid off already but the next season is in doubt now. China makes up a huge chunk of revenue, maybe even more than western market.

Obviously they can use vpn to watch on Youtube through Muse Asia or torrents or whatever, but the loss in revenue will be huge which will impact later seasons.
Nagatsuki Tappei (ReZero): It goes without saying that "Mushoku Tensei" is interesting, but first of all, it's amazing that you were able to depict the life of one character, Rudy. People say that "CLANNAD" is life, but for me, "Mushoku Tensei" is life
Feb 7, 2021 11:00 PM
Jan 2021
rdturbo said:
HigekiTragedy said:

what they lost is future revenue. the chinese have to pay for memberships to watch anime on bb. The rights for this season must have been paid off already but the next season is in doubt now. China makes up a huge chunk of revenue, maybe even more than western market.

Obviously they can use vpn to watch on Youtube through Muse Asia or torrents or whatever, but the loss in revenue will be huge which will impact later seasons.

The removal is indefinite, so it might be added back once the controversy cools down.
Feb 7, 2021 11:13 PM

Jun 2020
Larcus said:
Thats crazy... To think e-celebs had so much influence in China...

Imagine if Gigguk were to cancel AOT saying its far-right propaganda.

Nothing would happened cause Gigguk has no power, AoT fanbase is one of the biggest fandom in this entire world. A YouTuber with a few million subs has no power to shit on it, if anything, AoT fans will cancel Gigguk.

I said keep your hands on the table
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2021

295 by Hayley2877 »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2021

360 by Hayley2877 »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2021

381 by Hayley2877 »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2021

271 by Hayley2877 »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Is Season 2, Part 1 as good as Season 1?

GoatPieceLuffy - Yesterday

22 by nishant0 »»
Today, 10:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.