Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Mushoku Tensei removed from BiliBili (main anime streaming service in China). Bad news for upcoming next seasons

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
 
#1
Feb 7, 10:46 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2019
Posts: 2303


https://twitter.com/RanobeSugoi/status/1358473839286525952

"Mushoku Tensei" all previous 04 episodes has been removed from Chinese site Bilibili due to technical issues. Episode #5 will not be updated for a while due to the same reason.


Explanation from 4chan:



-------------


The most ridiculous reason possible. Stupid e-celeb seeking for attention are bashing one of the most popular anime of the season, the fandom reacts, and the streaming service, affraid to be involved in that, just remove the anime.

Mushoku Tensei was not banned from China by the Goverment, no censorship, but now it lost great part of the revenue in the biggest anime market of the world.


It may not cancel the next seasons of MT, but undoublty it is a huge blow. Delays may be expected, after all, anime is money.
 
#2
Feb 7, 10:49 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2021
Posts: 165
Waiting for SJWs and haters to use this fact out of context to trash on Mushoku Tensei.
 
#3
Feb 7, 11:08 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2020
Posts: 88
OOF. Thats a lot of damage. Seriously this is sad, with that insane production value and tons of effort the staff and studio put on this show, and now it lost one of the biggest anime market in the world... Just because 1 e-celeb has a problem with an ugly fat bastard (lol).

Hopefully it's only a delay or else i hope the anime can still doing well even without Chinese market.
 
 
#4
Feb 7, 11:11 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2021
Posts: 21
* Episode #5 will not be updated for a while due to the same reason. *

Doesn't this mean they'll bring it back up ?
 
#5
Feb 7, 11:12 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 2662
Lol those Chinese "celebrities" must be regulars on Mal.
 
#6
Feb 7, 11:17 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 312
Oh look China ruining another thing.
 
#7
Feb 7, 11:19 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2019
Posts: 10
Rob7 said:


https://twitter.com/RanobeSugoi/status/1358473839286525952

"Mushoku Tensei" all previous 04 episodes has been removed from Chinese site Bilibili due to technical issues. Episode #5 will not be updated for a while due to the same reason.


Explanation from 4chan:



-------------


The most ridiculous reason possible. Stupid e-celeb seeking for attention are bashing one of the most popular anime of the season, the fandom reacts, and the streaming service, affraid to be involved in that, just remove the anime.

Mushoku Tensei was not banned from China by the Goverment, no censorship, but now it lost great part of the revenue in the biggest anime market of the world.


It may not cancel the next seasons of MT, but undoublty it is a huge blow. Delays may be expected, after all, anime is money.
Poor Rudy, he's bullied even if he's not a real guy. This shows how is the world we live in
 
 
#8
Feb 7, 11:22 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2019
Posts: 10
randomage said:
* Episode #5 will not be updated for a while due to the same reason. *

Doesn't this mean they'll bring it back up ?
Probably, it's still a big impact though
 
#9
Feb 7, 11:27 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 2770
It would be weird if the Redo of Healear (that is much worse/perverted) still got aired. Well ... in the end this will only get more attention to this anime in China and once they manage to moderate or disable comments under the videos they might just bring it back I guess. They can then just ignore if the fans of the celeb bash each other at other websites. As long as they can keep their streaming platform clean.
 
Feb 7, 11:30 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 138
Thats crazy... To think e-celebs had so much influence in China...

Imagine if Gigguk were to cancel AOT saying its far-right propaganda.
 
Feb 7, 11:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 784
hey bilibili celebrities plz bash the fk out of all other isekai animes in this season as well.
 
Feb 7, 11:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 25022
e-celebrities lol

clown world
One Piece episode 914 & 915 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation
 
 
Feb 7, 11:40 AM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2021
Posts: 4
Now that is ­čĄí moment
 
Feb 7, 11:42 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 353
Hmmm ­čĄö, never saw this coming.
Have Great Day =)
Animekid3


I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
 
Feb 7, 11:44 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2021
Posts: 21
FilthyFake said:
randomage said:
* Episode #5 will not be updated for a while due to the same reason. *

Doesn't this mean they'll bring it back up ?
Probably, it's still a big impact though


Can you explain why ?
 
Feb 7, 11:46 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 489
anime like Mushoku Tensei rely on the money that comes from sales Blu-ray, figures ...etc more than viewership
 
Feb 7, 11:48 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 489
Luthandorius said:
It would be weird if the Redo of Healear (that is much worse/perverted) still got aired. Well ... in the end this will only get more attention to this anime in China and once they manage to moderate or disable comments under the videos they might just bring it back I guess. They can then just ignore if the fans of the celeb bash each other at other websites. As long as they can keep their streaming platform clean.


Redo of Healer masterpieces, it's just you can't understand it hehe
 
 
Feb 7, 11:49 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 707
unrelevant celebrity...
 
Feb 7, 11:56 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2019
Posts: 10
randomage said:
FilthyFake said:
Probably, it's still a big impact though


Can you explain why ?
'Cause nobody knows when. And if they get it back, still there could be people don't giving it a chance. If it was that big for take it down, even for some days, it means a loss of potencial fans. It's not sure though, that's what I thought
 
Feb 7, 11:58 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 7974
kek this is retarded
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
 
Feb 7, 12:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 11
noooo :(

I really hope that they will get this situation sorted..
 
 
Feb 7, 1:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 175
I obviously thinks it's wrong to take it down and all but..

Normal people won't watch Mushoku Tensei because they don't need to earn satisfaction from a loser, only garbages watch the show

Trueeeeee lmao

All life is a prelude to death.
 
Feb 7, 1:59 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2021
Posts: 120
Food_poisoning said:
I obviously thinks it's wrong to take it down and all but..

Normal people won't watch Mushoku Tensei because they don't need to earn satisfaction from a loser, only garbages watch the show

Trueeeeee lmao



The true garbage is people who call people garbage for watching the show. :)
Essentially what your saying is that losers should stay losers & should never get better. Maybe there's a better way to phrase it in a more nontoxic way.
 
Feb 7, 2:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 7877
If the MC was hot although still being a creep, no such things would have happened. It says enough about the world we currently live in. This anime is not a problem, the world is.
 
Feb 7, 2:04 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 71163
thats indeed bad news lol since China is now the biggest profit maker for the anime industry due to its huge population so more potential weebs to sell their products from

its the same with Attack on Titan and My Hero Academia being banned on China i heard
 
 
Feb 7, 2:25 PM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2020
Posts: 1543
It's China. It makes sense that they would do something like this. Sucks for the fans tho.
 
Feb 7, 2:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 175
BigNut666 said:
Food_poisoning said:
I obviously thinks it's wrong to take it down and all but..

Normal people won't watch Mushoku Tensei because they don't need to earn satisfaction from a loser, only garbages watch the show

Trueeeeee lmao



The true garbage is people who call people garbage for watching the show. :)
Essentially what your saying is that losers should stay losers & should never get better. Maybe there's a better way to phrase it in a more nontoxic way.


That's some nice extrapolation there, buddy.

Anyway I already said, I don't actually think everyone who watches it is trash or anything like that, though I might think their taste in stories is bad, or you can argue it's just incompatible with mine. The anime does have several good points about it though, so I can't fault people for liking it too much.

If you want what I really think, I've read most of the LN and I think the characterization is poorly executed, and rudy's faults are almost always either forgiven with a slap to the wrist, or weirdly equated to other things to play them down. in addition, the perverted moments are badly written in and of themselves, in addition to making the story lose focus. I guess one example of the story losing focus and becoming boring that sticks out the most to me is almost the entirety of the
, not necessarily only because of ecchi stuff though.

I think it's a mediocre story that become popular due to being both novelty and accessible.
All life is a prelude to death.
 
Feb 7, 2:39 PM

Online
Joined: Aug 2019
Posts: 3975
god why I was actually really enjoying this show for not holding back when it comes to showing explicit content
 
Feb 7, 3:34 PM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2021
Posts: 8
This is all just rumour and conjecture. I would wait a few more days or something actually official before you start doom posting.
 
Feb 7, 3:37 PM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2020
Posts: 135
Lol why should i care about that fucked up country, I'm not even American but i still hate China anyway
 
Feb 7, 3:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2020
Posts: 1618
Being an anime fan is basically being garbage what's with this stupid denial
Modified by TimMarcus, 200 centuries ago.
 
Feb 7, 4:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 11175
imagine being triggered by a redemption story.
deg said:
thats indeed bad news lol since China is now the biggest profit maker for the anime industry due to its huge population so more potential weebs to sell their products from

its the same with Attack on Titan and My Hero Academia being banned on China i heard
considering both are doing quite well not really that bad news

Sigmar-Unberogen said:
Lol those Chinese "celebrities" must be regulars on Mal.


considering that this series is at a 8.36 most the regulars are enjoying it.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

 
Feb 7, 5:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 770
Can someone explain the impact of this? Because I don’t really know how big and popular bilibili is?
 
 
Feb 7, 5:44 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2021
Posts: 5
ExcaliburAO said:
Can someone explain the impact of this? Because I don’t really know how big and popular bilibili is?


It really big actually. Bilibili is can be seen as the china youtube but more focus on anime on its early days.

The said celebrity lost nearly 1 million follower on bilibili.

The series is remove from the platform for now. Fans is furious and say bilibili scam them because you need to buy the membership to watch the new episode as soon it aired, especially many said they buy the membership specifically for this shows.

The platform is so toxic the fans of the e-cele and other community is arguing in every famous china platform as we speek. there people harass the e-cele irl and want to cancel him.

The removal of the shows is speculate to shift the focus of the conflict from the cele comment to the moral of the shows itself, angering the users and escalate the situation.
Modified by Asking52, Feb 7, 5:57 PM
 
Feb 7, 5:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 459
ExcaliburAO said:
Can someone explain the impact of this? Because I don’t really know how big and popular bilibili is?


They own 90% of the entire online anime/manga scene, runs some of the popular mobile games (e.g. FGO), has expansive game streaming service, and is one of the biggest video sharing platforms. The said 'bili-tuber' has close to 10 million subs before the incident. So yeah, really really big.

tl;dr: Youtube + Twitch + Funimation + Crunchyroll + Viz + Niconico + Netflix, basically a combination of everything kids love these days.



As for impact, not much. China is only one of the markets. and BNHA and SnK is doing just fine without it.
 
Feb 7, 5:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 770
@Asking52
@XXXXXXXXXIII
Thx. That does seem like a big deal. When will it come back? Or is it permanent?
 
 
Feb 7, 5:56 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2020
Posts: 25
F for chinese fandom there, maybe they can still watch it on the youtube muse channel?
 
Feb 7, 6:00 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2021
Posts: 5
ExcaliburAO said:
@Asking52
@XXXXXXXXXIII
Thx. That does seem like a big deal. When will it come back? Or is it permanent?


I think it will be back because i sure bilibili want to hold the show knowing the potential profit. But it may take a while for this incident to die down.
 
Feb 7, 6:10 PM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2020
Posts: 50
I've read that the reason it was removed was because some, e-celeb. Bashed the anime because it caters to "Poor people" who can't do anything and used his fanbase to mass report it.

That's actually the most fucked up reason I've ever heard and the fact that people actually went a long with it is mind-boggling, if all that is true.

Anyway I wouldn't mind if some people were to hit back.
Modified by KappaDestiny, Feb 7, 6:14 PM
 
Feb 7, 6:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 459
ExcaliburAO said:
@Asking52
@XXXXXXXXXIII
Thx. That does seem like a big deal. When will it come back? Or is it permanent?


It'll probably be back, since it's not a government ban like SnK, nor did it suffer extreme fan back-lash like BnHA. I'd imagine the license was not cheap for bilibili, plus it already had 70 million views spread over the first 4 episodes, triple that of the current season of ReZero.
 
 
Feb 7, 8:36 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 68
XXXXXXXXXIII said:
ExcaliburAO said:
@Asking52
@XXXXXXXXXIII
Thx. That does seem like a big deal. When will it come back? Or is it permanent?


It'll probably be back, since it's not a government ban like SnK, nor did it suffer extreme fan back-lash like BnHA. I'd imagine the license was not cheap for bilibili, plus it already had 70 million views spread over the first 4 episodes, triple that of the current season of ReZero.


lol why would SnK get banned anywhere? Governments not happy with seeing anime people getting eaten by giant trolls?
 
Feb 7, 8:45 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2021
Posts: 120
Rjstizzer said:
XXXXXXXXXIII said:


It'll probably be back, since it's not a government ban like SnK, nor did it suffer extreme fan back-lash like BnHA. I'd imagine the license was not cheap for bilibili, plus it already had 70 million views spread over the first 4 episodes, triple that of the current season of ReZero.


lol why would SnK get banned anywhere? Governments not happy with seeing anime people getting eaten by giant trolls?


Well the shitty Chinese Government banned anime &manga like Snk, BHNA, Death Note, and more.
 
Feb 7, 8:47 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2019
Posts: 2303
Rjstizzer said:


lol why would SnK get banned anywhere? Governments not happy with seeing anime people getting eaten by giant trolls?



Ah, surely the issue was the 3rd season. Insurgency and coup-d'etat as the main plot of a very popular mainstream series? A complete NO-NO for a regime like China.


At least Mushoku was not banned from China, just removed from the main streaming page.

But it is bad anyway, just as like when Funimation removes a series due to controversy, like they did with I. Reviewers.
 
Feb 7, 9:50 PM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 22
China loves censoring things, not just the state but so called e-celebs too. They both need to fuck off, they should make their own garbage anime if they think they can do better. China is cancer, they don't create anything anybody else wants to watch they just try to force other countries to comply with their backwards ideology.
 
Feb 7, 9:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2020
Posts: 24042
Bruh. This is pretty dumb not gonna lie
I love One Piece and Gintama
 
Feb 7, 10:09 PM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 20
The real loser & garbage who take some stupid celebrities comment to ban a great anime ..
Well, anyway I don't think that going to effect the anime , I mean who care about some Chinese website (lol)
 
Feb 7, 10:38 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 48
Let's not pretend that the chinese know nothing about VPN.

This might be dick move but doesn't means they lost the chinese market completely and they better not be.
 
Feb 7, 10:44 PM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 247
HigekiTragedy said:
Let's not pretend that the chinese know nothing about VPN.

This might be dick move but doesn't means they lost the chinese market completely and they better not be.


what they lost is future revenue. the chinese have to pay for memberships to watch anime on bb. The rights for this season must have been paid off already but the next season is in doubt now. China makes up a huge chunk of revenue, maybe even more than western market.

Obviously they can use vpn to watch on Youtube through Muse Asia or torrents or whatever, but the loss in revenue will be huge which will impact later seasons.
Nagatsuki Tappei (ReZero): It goes without saying that "Mushoku Tensei" is interesting, but first of all, it's amazing that you were able to depict the life of one character, Rudy. People say that "CLANNAD" is life, but for me, "Mushoku Tensei" is life
 
Feb 7, 11:00 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2021
Posts: 120
rdturbo said:
HigekiTragedy said:
Let's not pretend that the chinese know nothing about VPN.

This might be dick move but doesn't means they lost the chinese market completely and they better not be.


what they lost is future revenue. the chinese have to pay for memberships to watch anime on bb. The rights for this season must have been paid off already but the next season is in doubt now. China makes up a huge chunk of revenue, maybe even more than western market.

Obviously they can use vpn to watch on Youtube through Muse Asia or torrents or whatever, but the loss in revenue will be huge which will impact later seasons.

The removal is indefinite, so it might be added back once the controversy cools down.
 
 
Feb 7, 11:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2020
Posts: 1409
Larcus said:
Thats crazy... To think e-celebs had so much influence in China...

Imagine if Gigguk were to cancel AOT saying its far-right propaganda.

Nothing would happened cause Gigguk has no power, AoT fanbase is one of the biggest fandom in this entire world. A YouTuber with a few million subs has no power to shit on it, if anything, AoT fans will cancel Gigguk.




I said keep your hands on the table
 
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »