Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (21) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 » ... Last »
Jan 17, 2021 3:33 PM

Sep 2016
The CG is... well not as good as in episode 1.
Otherwise a good episode.
Jan 17, 2021 3:34 PM
Jan 2018
Just a question, let me know if it's spoilers, but why didn't Zeke stay and fight with the Warhammer against Eren?
Jan 17, 2021 3:35 PM
Jul 2020
Oke this is definitely one of my favorite episodes it was AMAZING it is true that there were odd moments with regards to the animations but personally they don't bother me that much also wth with floch's face 😂😂. Anyway that anime original scene with Willy Tybur made me cry also i felt like Udo's death was sensored? I am not sure. I almost screamed when Mikasa appeared and LEVI what an entrence my boi ah it feels good to see them all again.
Jan 17, 2021 3:35 PM

Oct 2016
Man people do be crying over CGI, it wasnt that bad, ive seen waaay worse so. for me this ep was rly good, ppl complain just to complain
AikaUmeJan 23, 2021 5:28 PM
Jan 17, 2021 3:36 PM
Sep 2013
Shivamsharma said:
256k said:
I'm sick tired of seeing the same thing every damn chapter

"3DCG looks so bad"

"Titans in 3D looks so bad"

Jesus christ, do you guys even remember the MASSACRE that WIT did to SnK?, not only they butchered character desings to make every girl look like a "waifu" just to sell more merchandise, there was absolutely NO CONSISTENCY ON TITAN DESINGS, NEVER

Do you guys SERIOUSLY REMEMBER HOW SnK WAS? i mean, LOOK

https://youtu.be/K59ADImvpEU?t=129

Then jump to 4:55

FREE ABS FOR EVERYONE!, not only that, the dissapearing arm, and Eren's titan desing from 5:15 to 5:18? it's just terrible

NOT EVERYTHING IS GOOD IN 2D, and i'm SO HAPPY that there's finally consistency on their desings, so there's no weird frames with deformed titans like before, plus the cell shading desings are REALLY good, only 3 tones for shading, no more, and they draw over the 3D

Most of people is not manga reader, but if you guys knew what's happening on manga right now, you would know that it's just IMPOSSIBLE to be drawn on 2D, literally, it would look like a slide show with a camera moving each X seconds

BTW: THANK GOD we FINALLY have a faithful design for Mikasa, no more cute-waifu shit

Dude, that 1st season aired in strting season of 2013. And most prolly they made it in 2011-12. U r comparing a decade old animation. Wht a disgrace

Sure cause season 2/3/3-2 does not suffer from even WORSE mistakes...
I'm not english, i'm spanish, so sorry for my mistakes when i write D:

I figured out the ending of Shingeki no Kyojin back in 2014 :)

Sep 2020
Wtf, the cgi looks cha cha real smooth, anyways the connie and jean cgi looks ugly, ngl.

4/5
Coulda been better

Dec 2014
Hey guys, just gonna share my opinion here, no issue if you think the opposite, but for me, the animation was really terrible, I couldn't enjoy the fight at all.

I mean, CGI titans are bad enough, but CGI used on the scouts? Help

As an anime only, I waited years for this and I'm a bit disappointed...
Do you think I should read the manga at this point, since the story is great?

Jan 17, 2021 3:38 PM

Dec 2014
The manga chapters were adapted perfectly for this episode.
Jan 17, 2021 3:40 PM
May 2020
Teo999 said:
Hey guys, just gonna share my opinion here, no issue if you think the opposite, but for me, the animation was really terrible, I couldn't enjoy the fight at all.

I mean, CGI titans are bad enough, but CGI used on the scouts? Help

As an anime only, I waited years for this and I'm a bit disappointed...
Do you think I should read the manga at this point, since the story is great?

Just read the manga. Everything so far in the manga has been better that the anime. Talking about season 4 of course
Jan 17, 2021 3:40 PM

Feb 2009
WOW WHAT AN EPIC EPISODE! WOW! EVERYTHING WAS AWESOME!

Just hope those surviving kids don't end up killing any of the main characters we all know. Anyways, I really like the direction the story has taken, from Paradis to this German-ish town and the different roles that Eren and the rest have taken. The production by MAPPA has been solid, with an incredible ost.. thought that there was gonna be some downgrade because of WIT Studio's departure, but MAPPA has been delivering so far in every department.
Jan 17, 2021 3:41 PM

Jul 2019
Teo999 said:

I waited years for this

what? u came here right after season 2 or what?
Jan 17, 2021 3:43 PM

Mar 2016
When I first watched this episode, I actually thought for a split sec that I was accidentally watching ep 2 of Ex Arm lmfao. Besides the crapsack animation here, this was laughable and yet also boring an episode. The Mikasa Vs War Hammer bit was so lackluster and procured no sense of intensity. I also laughed at how Eren’s Hardened knuckles sounded...it’s like Berserk 2016 flashbacks all over again, except I at least got amusement from this case.

The only bright side was seeing badass Levi show up for his MAPPA debut. I at least hope round 2 Vs Zeke won’t look as bad as what we got here, but eh, even with low expectations, I was still disappointed.
Jan 17, 2021 3:43 PM

Apr 2009
wtf has happened to Levi and Misaka they look awful.

I would have prefered to wait a few years for good animation then what im seeing.
AForgottenSoulJan 17, 2021 3:48 PM
Jan 17, 2021 3:46 PM

Nov 2018
Why is no one mentioning the awful cgi? It was unbearable

Jan 17, 2021 3:46 PM

Sep 2020
WHAT THE HELL????? MAPPA, I don't know what yall smoking in there but please stop ruining my favourite manga.
swag
Jan 17, 2021 3:47 PM
Aug 2013
I was holding my breath the entire episode. I'm not nitpicky with CGI or other things, so in my opinion, the episode was amazing.

That being said, what on earth happened to Mikasa?

Also, wow. I'm an anime only and I agree with what Mikasa said but hopefully the rest of the story line has more justification for what Eren just did.

Sep 2020
BenRyan said:

oh, um yeah it sucked big time
swag

Aug 2012
episode was ok, cgi kind of ruined it a little for me. The fighting scenes animated by Wit studio were just superior so my standards were high
Jan 17, 2021 3:48 PM

May 2020
BlakexEkalb said:
sk8head said:

Same, I also really hope it's not a movie. I'm caught up with the manga and I just think that the pacing will be really off and they'd cut out a lot of stuff.

It could be a 2 part movie, much like how Kizumonogatari was adapted into 3 films, each over an hour each.

I wouldn't mind that. The only downside is that it'll be delayed for the US like the Demon Slayer moive.
May 2020
BenRyan said:

We're mentioning it. The ice just needs to break because some people think defending Mappa > having good adaptation

Apr 2009
BenRyan said:

Everyone is are you blind?
Jan 17, 2021 3:49 PM

Oct 2019
AForgottenSoul said:
I have not started this season yet but wtf has happened to Levi and Misaka they look awful. I have watched a few clips.

I would have prefered to wait a few years for good animation then what im seeing so far..

idk about Mikasa but we shouldn't judge Levi yet we only got 1 good shot of him so far where his face does look kinda longer(?) so we'll just have to wait for next episode to see more of him although if they're gonna animate him in CGI I'm probably closing the anime and reading the manga lmao
Jan 17, 2021 3:49 PM

Aug 2020
armchair3 said:
BenRyan said:

We're mentioning it. The ice just needs to break because some people think defending Mappa > having good adaptation

i can't see people in good consience defending CGI mikasa,jean,connie. what a fucking atrocity
Jan 17, 2021 3:50 PM

Oct 2017
Despite the weird cgi, I loved this episode. Seeing the war hammer Titan animated was great! I also loved seeing the scouts again. I’m really looking forward to next weeks episode.

Oct 2020
Well i didnt hate it, but i cant said i like it to...

To much cgi, i mean even the character are using cgi??!

The things that make this episode good" is, yeah... They showed up Warhammer & surveycorps, and they fighting each other...War on the city?? I like it btw,

Overall, still cant wait for the next episode... Hopefully i can survive with this cgi
kidssJan 17, 2021 3:54 PM

Oct 2018
Can anyone here help me?

Can the Founding Titan control the other titans shifters? I didn't find a good answer on google.
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Jan 17, 2021 3:52 PM

Jul 2019
BenRyan said:

Can you share with me what you are smoking?
Seriously every comment is mentioning cgi
Jan 17, 2021 3:55 PM

Jun 2009
This is my first time commenting on Final Season, but I really felt I had to give my two cents here.

This was a disappointment, from a production standpoint. Within context, it is perfectly understandable how it happened, but the poor CGI (especially for the ODM scenes) really detracts from the experience. There's just no two ways about it in my opinion, though mileage with your tolerance for production quality may vary.

Regarding the 3D CG on humans, the character models are stiff, barely animated (the last scene attacking Jaw, the survey corps were literally translated like a Powerpoint animation); the rendering technique is very rough, you can see the pixelation on the character outlines of the survey corps; the interspersal of 3D and 2D was poorly considered, take note on the discussion between Jean and Floch, and just look at the Survey Corps emblem on their armour - the emblems are literally plastered onto the screen and transformed like an amateur on Photoshop. The tracking is non-existent.

I actually thought the WHT and AT were okay - they just lacked a bit of momentum and weight, like the new Evangelion movies' floaty movement compared to the original's heft. Compounded by the lacklustre sound design on the AT's attacks. Listen out for the metallic ping that is played every time Eren makes a punch. It's very low effort.

Ultimately, I gave MAPPA all the benefit of the doubt. I thought they did a marvelous job for the first 5 episodes; their quiet scenes I even rate above WIT's. But this episode has really revealed just how overstretched they are, producing this and Jujutsu Kaisen simultaneously no less. I have no doubt that as frustrated as I am with this episode, the animation team working on it is the most anguished with the shortcuts they had to take.
In my opinion they should have refused like all the other studios who were sought to produce this season. The tight and greedy deadline was far too great a task. If they too had refused to partake, this season would have been delayed and would have seen a far better return.
This property was always too big to not be concluded, even if it would take Bleach years to come back.

Overall, I appreciate that this level of low-time CGI was always going to be necessary for this season to even be produced, but damn I wish that wasn't the case. I'll keep an eye out for subsequent episodes. Other than that, liked the rest no problem.
Jan 17, 2021 3:56 PM

Aug 2018
Hello229 said:
This leaves me with one huge question. Wit dropped AoT, their largest title, for a reason. Why did MAPPA pick it up, if their schedule was just as packed as Wit's, and the project wouldn't even be anywhere close to top priority? They're getting the job done, and delivering an (considering everything) "ok" adaptation, but this last chunk of AoT, which is the absolute pinnacle of the already awesome series, deserves more than just an "ok" treatment. At this point, Isayama as one person is carrying the title, and fking hell, he's really good at carrying it.

WIT dropped AoT because they were mere contractors and got no additional funds or help because they were no part of the production committee.

Then the committee told them "ey mates, you got 8-10 months for the next season, good?"
They noped the fuck outta there - and with good reason.

This piece of shit committee then talked to other big studios, looking for the poor sods who wanted to agree on this hellish schedule.
Apparently, the only ones mad enough for that task were Mappa. Or some higher-ups who smelled good cash coming their way.

As to why this season is not a top priority, your guess is as good as mine. Probably because JJK was done first and AoT just kinda slid in there.

So in short: Fuck the production committee prioritising short-term profits (airing anime = more manga sales) over a worthy production and humane schedule. This will hurt AoT so bad in the long run, I can feel it.
Maybe not GoT S8 levels of bad - but the hype after this season will die down faster than a 90 year old's erection.

Now if you will excuse me, I got some tears to cry.
Jan 2011
Fax001s said:
BenRyan said:

Can you share with me what you are smoking?
Seriously every comment is mentioning cgi
Sarcasm, what is it and how does it work?

Jan 2020
Rdxrchi said:
SoranoCloud said:
(Didn't read other comments before posting mine to preserve objectivity)
It was quite an okay episode.

It seems I have forgotten quite a big chunk plotwise where Tybur actually arranged the mass sacrifice of Eldians.
Is it me or the scene really called back to Erwins's charge? Erwin also said that it must be him to lead the troops, otherwise the cadets won't go.
Tybur said that unless it's he who is on stage, the world will take no notice.
Erwin sacrifices inexperiences cadets, Tybur kills off the "incompetent military".
Levi was thinking along the lives of saving as many lives as possible, Magath is also reluctant to sacrifice civilians.

I actually liked the scene in the carriage best in this episode.

Was happy to see the Survey Corps (except for goddamn Floch). Jean seemed less handsome than I remembered him to be. Levi is so quick that he's practically invisible and is no big trouble for animators (lol).

Animation-wise, it was similar to previous episodes. I think Mikasa's attack was rather nice and probably the most of the effort was concentrated here. The rest was okay but not god-level. There was some nice recognizable music from previous seasons.

Anyway, I won't overanalyse it, there was no miracle, but it was to be expected. I think it's a bit too late to make a big fuss about CGI, blur or whatnot at this stage. MAPPA has shown what it can do, like it or not, everyone is free to watch or not watch it.

Bro we've seen floch for like 9 seconds and you say this isnt a miracle, smh

Lol, I actually thought that the character design for Floch was rather off (he's quite a handsome guy in S3), but yeah, it was short enough to not bother me too much :)
Jan 17, 2021 3:58 PM

Jul 2010
BenRyan said:

The subject has been beaten to death by everyone here. Please just let it rest.
Jan 17, 2021 3:59 PM

Apr 2013
Mikasa looks nice!
Was nice seeing her in action after all this time but compared to Levi she clearly lacks Aesthetic.
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Jan 17, 2021 4:02 PM
Jul 2019
shingojira-chan said:
Wow.... that was so damn ugly .
I feel so bad for MAPPA

I agree, i'am so disappointed for MAPPA
Jan 17, 2021 4:03 PM

Feb 2015
why is Mikasa so damn ugly now?
Jan 17, 2021 4:03 PM

Aug 2020
people waiting for levi sakuga scenes

mappa:

Jan 17, 2021 4:05 PM

Nov 2012
Absolutely loved this ep and loving this season so much!
Great to see everyone again can't wait to see Armin and Hange too soon!
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Jan 17, 2021 4:05 PM

Apr 2009
The_Undying said:
Hello229 said:
This leaves me with one huge question. Wit dropped AoT, their largest title, for a reason. Why did MAPPA pick it up, if their schedule was just as packed as Wit's, and the project wouldn't even be anywhere close to top priority? They're getting the job done, and delivering an (considering everything) "ok" adaptation, but this last chunk of AoT, which is the absolute pinnacle of the already awesome series, deserves more than just an "ok" treatment. At this point, Isayama as one person is carrying the title, and fking hell, he's really good at carrying it.

WIT dropped AoT because they were mere contractors and got no additional funds or help because they were no part of the production committee.

Then the committee told them "ey mates, you got 8-10 months for the next season, good?"
They noped the fuck outta there - and with good reason.

This piece of shit committee then talked to other big studios, looking for the poor sods who wanted to agree on this hellish schedule.
Apparently, the only ones mad enough for that task were Mappa. Or some higher-ups who smelled good cash coming their way.

As to why this season is not a top priority, your guess is as good as mine. Probably because JJK was done first and AoT just kinda slid in there.

So in short: Fuck the production committee prioritising short-term profits (airing anime = more manga sales) over a worthy production and humane schedule. This will hurt AoT so bad in the long run, I can feel it.
Maybe not GoT S8 levels of bad - but the hype after this season will die down faster than a 90 year old's erection.

Now if you will excuse me, I got some tears to cry.

I think this season will still go down as good I think some people are a bit emotional at the moment.
Jan 17, 2021 4:09 PM
Jul 2018
This was a great episode. As I already predicted in previous discussions they are using CGI for the scouts in some situations but it looks really good. Mappa have my full support.
Jan 17, 2021 4:12 PM

Apr 2020
I loved seeing the scouts fly around in their new and improved gear. Mikasa! Levi! I loved both of their entrances. Mikasa's red scarf and Levi's green cloak made me happy.

Now I just need Armin.

I'm curious to see how Gabi, Falco, and Reiner will play out. Gabi's rage is so reminiscent of Eren's. Great stuff.
Jan 17, 2021 4:13 PM

Jul 2020
Didn't expect that Warhammer user was on below the ground.

and I love that scene when Pieck was shocked when she saw the survey corps invading the plaza
Jan 17, 2021 4:14 PM
Jan 2021
The CGI was.....NOT THE IMPORTANT PART OF THE EPISODE OR AOT LOL....do the people who whine about CGI, that we already know this is how the fights will be, did they notice what happened in this episode? The parallels between what Gabi is going through and what eren went through when Reiner attacked? Willy's 2nd discussion with Magath, the fact that eren did not plan this with the scout, as hinted by Mikasa? Like we get it you hate everything, did you at least noticed the story xD
Jan 17, 2021 4:17 PM

Jul 2020
BenRyan said:

who the fuck cares about that now?
Jan 17, 2021 4:17 PM

May 2017
Man, this felt like 2 minutes :( So excited to see Armin and Hange next week though!!
Jan 17, 2021 4:19 PM
Apr 2020
Honestly I think you should first enjoy the show & then criticize it. The cgi was really good (although it was better not to use them on soldiers) I petsonally enjoyed the ost and also levi & mikasa's entrances were really good.
No one wants to talk about the content? this episode really showed how hell war actually is. udo & sophia died that easily, people panicked & screamed & runned for their lives. many people got stuck in the crowd and again, DIED.
Eren really have gotten smarter, that was a high IQ move.
The thing that kinda annoyed me was the low screentime for WH titan. It's got some of the best abilities & still lost that fast.
And also Gabi, I think you all have understood it 'till now, Gabi is experiencing everything eren did in season 1, & is becoming more like eren season 1.
amirrezaBJan 17, 2021 4:23 PM
Jan 17, 2021 4:19 PM

Nov 2018
brenantejapan said:
BenRyan said:

who the fuck cares about that now?

what should we care about now Eren?

Mikasa is a dude now

Everything has turned to shit

Jan 17, 2021 4:22 PM
Apr 2020
imbAF said:
The CGI was.....NOT THE IMPORTANT PART OF THE EPISODE OR AOT LOL....do the people who whine about CGI, that we already know this is how the fights will be, did they notice what happened in this episode? The parallels between what Gabi is going through and what eren went through when Reiner attacked? Willy's 2nd discussion with Magath, the fact that eren did not plan this with the scout, as hinted by Mikasa? Like we get it you hate everything, did you at least noticed the story xD

most people are manga readers so they know all the story & just complain about the production.
I'm glad that there IS someone who payed attention to the story.
Jan 17, 2021 4:22 PM
Dec 2020
10/10 for the fight,

6/10 for the 3D
Jan 17, 2021 4:23 PM

Jan 2021
not a fan of CGI
i expect too much from MAPPA
CG Survey Corps i don't like it but it's acceptable for me it's fine
but Attack Titan VS War Hammer Titan like wtf
it should be epic c'mon im just not a fan of CG
Jan 17, 2021 4:23 PM

Dec 2020
Such a shame this masterpiece of a manga is getting a merely "good" 7/10 adaptation. The new ost at the beginning was on point but as many pointed out the visuals and CGI was really hard to look at.

Nefelupitou said:
Can anyone here help me?

Can the Founding Titan control the other titans shifters? I didn't find a good answer on google.

Even though it hasn't been stated out loud in anime the answer should be clear, but i'll put it in spoiler just in case...

Lux_VacuiJan 17, 2021 4:26 PM
Pages (21) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 28, 2021

691 by Ninnox »»
May 1, 12:33 PM

» The one thing I dont understand now is, why WIT censored so much the violence?

MAQS - Dec 20, 2020

26 by SoughtLi »»
Apr 28, 7:26 PM

Poll: » If Eren was in avatar...

TASM18 - Apr 17

18 by belugaanime »»
Apr 19, 2:12 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 7, 2021

513 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 13, 8:01 AM

» Isayama: The Perfect Architect ( 1 2 )

Mikasa - Mar 29, 2021

65 by benisfroms »»
Apr 10, 8:21 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.