Forum Settings
Forums

Japan's Yearly Manga and Light Novel Rankings for 2020

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 30, 2020 10:58 AM

Jan 2019
I'm literally not surprised at all. Those are all good and really popular manga and LNs that I'm reading too lmao.
Nov 30, 2020 11:02 AM

Oct 2019
Demon Slayer had 82 million sales?!?! Wowza
Nov 30, 2020 11:33 AM

May 2020
PraiseTheSun123 said:
Let's not try to fool ourselves into thinking that ufotable is not the cause of the KnY phenomenon, because that would be a clear delusion.

Surely KnY had to do something right (that's why I said most, not all), but most of the work goes to ufotable.

And I'm not really sure about the last part. Sure, KnY is huge, but the Fate series (adapted by ufotable too) literally makes as much money as some countries in the world.

Fate isn't, nor has ever been, anywhere near as popular as Kimetsu is right now in Japan.
Nov 30, 2020 11:51 AM
May 2016
Kimetsu no Yaiba be like

"Fatality, Flawless victory"
Nov 30, 2020 12:12 PM
Oct 2020
just WOOOOW to *1. 82,345,447 Kimetsu no Yaiba !!!

bigggg congratulations ^^

I really liked the anime -the animation quality, fights, characters, voice acting ; everything was cool- and looking forward to Kimetsu no Yaiba Movie: Mugen Ressha-hen.

(not a manga reader myself)
Nov 30, 2020 12:54 PM

Dec 2016
Kimetsu and Kingdom make me happy.

Bless Ufotable as they have Fate and KNY to adapt.
Nov 30, 2020 1:11 PM
Nov 2019
Kimetsu being so high is proof that people really felt for the massive bait Ufotable pulled. That series doesn't deserve to be anywhere near as high as it is.
Nov 30, 2020 1:32 PM

Oct 2010
people sure love kimetsu, it looks ok as a battle shonen, I didn't expect these numbers though
Nov 30, 2020 2:42 PM
Sep 2020
deg said:
VsauceDealer said:
How can something so painfully below average be this overhyped jesus christ? -demon slayer

Survey Reveals Why Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba is So Popular

Finally, the survey asked respondents to write in their own specific reasons they like the manga. Many commented on the pace and the originality of each character. Others wrote that “the story is easy for anyone to get into, and doesn’t use complicated words,” and “not just the main character, but the demons themselves, also have their own back stories.”

https://otakuusamagazine.com/survey-demon-slayer-kimetsu-no-yaiba-popular/

i personally agree with the (fast) pace (so fast its only 200 chapters for a popular battle shonen) and simple to follow story

Ok but thats true for 99% of shounens
Attack on titan final arc makes game of throne season 8 look like a MASTERPIECE.

isayama is fucking incompetent clown
Nov 30, 2020 4:02 PM

Mar 2015
PraiseTheSun123 said:
Xenocrisi said:

Strange word choice.
Success is something you earn, not something you deserve
Except that most of the success of the series is not because of the quality of the series by itself. It was basically ufotable that made KnY this popular.

ah yes, manga have ufotable quality of animation. that's why people buy it.

are you ok in the head?

PraiseTheSun123 said:
Xenocrisi said:
What’s your point here? I don’t get what you’re trying to say
My point is simply that the success was not earned by the manga and its quality per se, but by something external to it. Sure, it was precisely the anime's job to do that (not trying to argue that), but all that goes to show is how unremarkable KnY was before the anime.

You could say that KnY received a winning lottery by having ufotable and not another studio to adapt it.

And redundant to say, but I'm saying all of this because in your original post you said that "Success is something you earn" as if KnY managed to be that popular on its own (or at least that's how I interpreted it. I could be wrong).

you can't polish turd, called it diamond, then expecting it to sell (looking at you zestiria).

Ionliosite said:
Kimetsu being so high is proof that people really felt for the massive bait Ufotable pulled. That series doesn't deserve to be anywhere near as high as it is.

i like KnY before anime even exist, am i baited?

VsauceDealer said:
deg said:

Survey Reveals Why Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba is So Popular

Finally, the survey asked respondents to write in their own specific reasons they like the manga. Many commented on the pace and the originality of each character. Others wrote that “the story is easy for anyone to get into, and doesn’t use complicated words,” and “not just the main character, but the demons themselves, also have their own back stories.”

https://otakuusamagazine.com/survey-demon-slayer-kimetsu-no-yaiba-popular/

i personally agree with the (fast) pace (so fast its only 200 chapters for a popular battle shonen) and simple to follow story

Ok but thats true for 99% of shounens
prove it then. show me.
KumaNov 30, 2020 4:10 PM
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Nov 30, 2020 4:16 PM

Nov 2019
Kuma said:
PraiseTheSun123 said:
Except that most of the success of the series is not because of the quality of the series by itself. It was basically ufotable that made KnY this popular.

Is this real?

I can't tell if you're being serious or not lol. This shit has to be bait, it seems impossible that anyone would genuinely take that so literally.
sneed's feed and seed
formerly chuck's
Nov 30, 2020 4:39 PM

Oct 2018
Oof, I actually thought Demon Slayer‘s sales were a typo for a sec. Talk about being popular. Yet, here I am, never even seen an episode of the show. Completely went over my head. Sometimes I feel so disconnected from the anime fandom
Nov 30, 2020 4:51 PM

Mar 2015
PraiseTheSun123 said:
Kuma said:

Is this real?

I can't tell if you're being serious or not lol. This shit has to be bait, it seems impossible that anyone would genuinely take that so literally.

then how you can't see flaws on your own logic?
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Nov 30, 2020 5:23 PM

Nov 2019
Kuma said:
PraiseTheSun123 said:

Is this real?

I truly don't, I seriously don't understand why I have to explain this or why someone couldn't understand such a simple message, but whatever.

Going by your post, you seem to think that I claimed that the manga has ufotable quality of animation, being such why people buy it, but that's just so wrong and I've never said anything remotely similar.

For starters, I didn't even mention once ufotable's animation, so I don't know from where are you coming from (literally rent free). Secondly, what I tried to say, is that simply was the anime adaptation made by ufotable what made the manga this popular in the first. So in the other words, I've never said anything remotely similar to "manga has ufotable quality of animation. that's why people buy it.", but just that the anime did wonderful its job to bring a lot of new people to buy the manga. That's all.

And that's not even an opinion, it's a fact. I mean, you just can check the graphic, which clearly shows that, by a huge margin, most of the sales comes after the anime adaption, not before. And it's not even just that as even the WSJ editor-in-chief Hiroyuki Nakano said that Demon Slayer's success hinged on word of mouth generated after the anime's run.

So tell me then, what's that flaw in my logic? because honestly, I can't see it.
sneed's feed and seed
formerly chuck's
Nov 30, 2020 5:35 PM

Mar 2015
PraiseTheSun123 said:
Kuma said:

I truly don't, I seriously don't understand why I have to explain this or why someone couldn't understand such a simple message, but whatever.

Going by your post, you seem to think that I claimed that the manga has ufotable quality of animation, being such why people buy it, but that's just so wrong and I've never said anything remotely similar.

For starters, I didn't even mention once ufotable's animation, so I don't know from where are you coming from (literally rent free). Secondly, what I tried to say, is that simply was the anime adaptation made by ufotable what made the manga this popular in the first. So in the other words, I've never said anything remotely similar to "manga has ufotable quality of animation. that's why people buy it.", but just that the anime did wonderful its job to bring a lot of new people to buy the manga. That's all.

PraiseTheSun123 said:

is this not you then? ok.

PraiseTheSun123 said:
And that's not even an opinion, it's a fact. I mean, you just can check the graphic, which clearly shows that, by a huge margin, most of the sales comes after the anime adaption, not before. And it's not even just that as even the WSJ editor-in-chief Hiroyuki Nakano said that Demon Slayer's success hinged on word of mouth generated after the anime's run.

So tell me then, what's that flaw in my logic? because honestly, I can't see it.

let's go full quote aren't we?

"Normally, a manga gradually sells more copies throughout the anime's run, but Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba's sales shot up straight after the anime ended," he said, indicating that a large number of people watched the anime through streaming services after it ended rather than watching it weekly. "The way people interact with anime has changed, and I feel like we've entered a new phase."

Nakano also mentioned that these days, it takes more time for a manga series running in Weekly Shonen Jump to become a hit. Demon Slayer began serialization in 2016, but it was not until 2019 that it became a hit.

"There are more manga publications and digital outlets these days, so there are more channels to find manga to your taste," he explained. "No matter how great a manga it is, it won't become a hit just because it ran in Jump." Even Demon Slayer's success hinged on word of mouth generated after the anime's run, he argued.

it's already great before anime, anime did give a good marketing job.
Nov 30, 2020 5:38 PM

Jul 2013
Xenocrisi said:
PraiseTheSun123 said:

And so what? It literally did what it was supposed to do— to advertise the manga. What’s your point here? I don’t get what you’re trying to say

But KnY is special tho.. Since the anime.. It spiked. That's something no manga series ever did.

Nov 30, 2020 5:40 PM

Mar 2015
GalacticMagna said:
Xenocrisi said:

And so what? It literally did what it was supposed to do— to advertise the manga. What’s your point here? I don’t get what you’re trying to say

But KnY is special tho.. Since the anime.. It spiked. That's something no manga series ever did.
are you saying anime never successfully promoting manga?
Nov 30, 2020 5:43 PM

Jul 2013
Kuma said:
GalacticMagna said:

Compared to KnY maybe, not in general... my bad

Nov 30, 2020 5:54 PM

Mar 2015
GalacticMagna said:
Kuma said:

Compared to KnY maybe, not in general... my bad

KnY was sold 150K per volume before anime. that's amazing for non adapted manga. while not big hit before anime like JJK (240K), or MHA (350K), or TPN (370K). it still above black clover (110K) or Stone (90k). and that's for jump only. fire force only doing 75 K before anime, edens zero 60K, Tokyo revenger 80K, etc.

while nothing become as explosive as KNY. there are some series that generated big boost from adaptation too, like Tokyo ghoul (140K>1100K) Terra formars (80k>850K) Attack on titan (180K>1750K) kingdom (120K>500K>800k "Live Action").

what made KnY historical are not the explosion it self, lot of series do so. but the scale.
KumaNov 30, 2020 6:12 PM
Nov 30, 2020 6:41 PM

Nov 2019
Kuma said:
PraiseTheSun123 said:

PraiseTheSun123 said:

Tell me two (2) things. First, how is that any wrong and two, how what you quoted contradicts something I said?

Here, I explicitly said that "that the anime (made by ufotable, mind you) did wonderful its job to bring a lot of new people to buy the manga", which means, in other words, that part of the success is due to the ufotable anime adaptation, and then here I said "It was basically ufotable that made KnY this popular.", which, in other words, means that the ufotable anime adaptation made KnY as popular as it is now (WOW). So by saying "is this not you then? ok." (which clearly implies a contradiction, when there is none), you are literally proving nothing, because I just said the exact same thing twice.

You still could argue this part: "not because of the quality of the series by itself",but even so, as I said before, you just have to check the image I posted to prove it (which by the way, you conveniently skipped). As it clearly shows that KnY wasn't doing that well (comparatively at least) until the anime, as that's where KnY became this popular.

Kuma said:

Ok, a few things to point out. First, that literally proves nothing. Second, there is no second.

All the text says is that KnY became this popular after the anime. I mean, it's literally written here when it says "Demon Slayer began serialization in 2016, but it was not until 2019 that it became a hit." And guess what happened in 2019 related to KnY? That's right, you guessed it, the KnY anime.

I won't argue on the "it's already great before anime", because if you noticed, most of the time I've typed " this popular" instead of just popular. "This" clearly implies that I am saying all these things comparatively. You would have to be very delusional to think that KnY could have become the same phenomenon that it is today without anime. You just have to check the statistics: 1,193,204 in 2017 (without anime), 1,345,053 copies in 2018 (without anime and there is hardly any difference from last year), 12,057,628 in 2019 (anime, sales increase is obvious) and then 82,345,447 in now 2020. I don't know about you, but I think it's crystal clear it was the anime what originated all of this at this extent in the first place.

anime did give a good marketing job.
Thanks for just proving my point.
sneed's feed and seed
formerly chuck's
Nov 30, 2020 6:53 PM

Mar 2015
PraiseTheSun123 said:
Kuma said:

Tell me two (2) things. First, how is that any wrong and two, how what you quoted contradicts something I said?

Here, I explicitly said that "that the anime (made by ufotable, mind you) did wonderful its job to bring a lot of new people to buy the manga", which means, in other words, that part of the success is due to the ufotable anime adaptation, and then here I said "It was basically ufotable that made KnY this popular.", which, in other words, means that the ufotable anime adaptation made KnY as popular as it is now (WOW). So by saying "is this not you then? ok." (which clearly implies a contradiction, when there is none), you are literally proving nothing, because I just said the exact same thing twice.

You still could argue this part: "not because of the quality of the series by itself",but even so, as I said before, you just have to check the image I posted to prove it (which by the way, you conveniently skipped). As it clearly shows that KnY wasn't doing that well (comparatively at least) until the anime, as that's where KnY became this popular.

Kuma said:

Ok, a few things to point out. First, that literally proves nothing. Second, there is no second.

All the text says is that KnY became this popular after the anime. I mean, it's literally written here when it says "Demon Slayer began serialization in 2016, but it was not until 2019 that it became a hit." And guess what happened in 2019 related to KnY? That's right, you guessed it, the KnY anime.

I won't argue on the "it's already great before anime", because if you noticed, most of the time I've typed " this popular" instead of just popular. "This" clearly implies that I am saying all these things comparatively. You would have to be very delusional to think that KnY could have become the same phenomenon that it is today without anime. You just have to check the statistics: 1,193,204 in 2017 (without anime), 1,345,053 copies in 2018 (without anime and there is hardly any difference from last year), 12,057,628 in 2019 (anime, sales increase is obvious) and then 82,345,447 in now 2020. I don't know about you, but I think it's crystal clear it was the anime what originated all of this at this extent in the first place.

anime did give a good marketing job.
Thanks for just proving my point.

again, it's all argument back to "KnY wouldn't be this successful without Ufotable".

while it might or might not be true, but as link given by deg, what most people found from KnY are character and story, which not necessary needed to be ufotbale to do so.

again, does KnY anime help? YES. but does it solely reason? no way.
Nov 30, 2020 7:35 PM

May 2018
Saying Kimetsu no Yaiba is successful because of ufotable is the same as saying Hunter X Hunter is successful because of Madhouse. Kimetsu no Yaiba is not even ufotable's best selling anime. ufotable only make Kimetsu no Yaiba existence known more to the rest of the mainstream audience but the ability to make fans love and spend much money on it goes down to come from the potential of the manga. We could put other decent studios to animate Kimetsu no Yaiba but it will still receive the same success as it is.
Nov 30, 2020 7:50 PM

Jan 2020
As expected, Kimetsu no Yaiba completely decimated every one of its contenders. Most likely, the same thing will happen in the next year as well. I believe Jujutsu Kaisen will be able to near its sales, though.
Dec 1, 2020 12:48 AM

Jun 2020
I don't really care about the entire manga section, especially KnY dominating everything, but congrats to Re:Zero being the 2nd best-selling Light Novel.

"You don't get it, a million sorry's is not equal to one thank you." — Emilia
Dec 1, 2020 1:24 AM

Jan 2015
PraiseTheSun123 said:
Xenocrisi said:
What’s your point here? I don’t get what you’re trying to say
My point is simply that the success was not earned by the manga and its quality per se, but by something external to it. Sure, it was precisely the anime's job to do that (not trying to argue that), but all that goes to show is how unremarkable KnY was before the anime.

You could say that KnY received a winning lottery by having ufotable and not another studio to adapt it.

And redundant to say, but I'm saying all of this because in your original post you said that "Success is something you earn" as if KnY managed to be that popular on its own (or at least that's how I interpreted it. I could be wrong).

Yes, it’s true. But I see KnY’s success as a whole, anime or not. Which in my opinion it was earned through hardwork and passion coming from both the staff behind Ufotable and KnY’s mangaka
We might have different point of views on the matter, and that’s fine. So it’s kinda pointless to argue imo. We won’t change each other’s minds.
Have a good day☺️
Dec 1, 2020 2:39 AM

Oct 2014
MaceChan said:
Oof, I actually thought Demon Slayer‘s sales were a typo for a sec. Talk about being popular. Yet, here I am, never even seen an episode of the show. Completely went over my head. Sometimes I feel so disconnected from the anime fandom

You didn't miss much, just a below-average shounen with good visuals and a few minutes of sakuga.
Dec 1, 2020 6:29 AM

Dec 2016
An anime job is to advertise a product, in this case the manga. However advertisement can only help you get so far, if the product isn't good then no amount of advertising gonna make it explode like that, If advertising really the only reason KnY than Samurai 8 would have been a smash hit. And saying KnY wasn't a hit before the anime is false. Just because something not well know in the West doesn't mean it not a hit in it own country. By that logic stuffs like Doraemon and Dr.Slump weren't a hit too because they aren't well-know in the West. KnY already a respectable hit on Jump before the anime even been announced, not gang buster like right now but on pair with something like BC.
Dec 1, 2020 9:05 AM

Jan 2019
Damn, KnY just smashed it! Good for them! Also, lot of good titles on this list. Happy to see Spy x Family on it!
Be happy with what you have to be happy with
Dec 1, 2020 1:18 PM

Oct 2015
why don't you people keep making monthly manga and BD DVD sales anymore? don't tell me this is just because shitmetsu no trashba is selling like hell.
Dec 1, 2020 3:42 PM

Mar 2015
Samt_ said:
MaceChan said:

You didn't miss much, just a below-average shounen with good visuals and a few minutes of sakuga.
ah yes, people buy manga because animation.

Hamazura said:
why don't you people keep making monthly manga and BD DVD sales anymore? don't tell me this is just because shitmetsu no trashba is selling like hell.

nah, those information actually simply paywalled. so reporting them without license them was actually act of piracy. which is not on good term with MAL try being "legal". no surprise it started when they starting to promote legal service in 2015. understandable, but still kinda sad. they still reporting things that available for free to public tho, like this one. however, there are actually top 100 if you purchase them.
Dec 1, 2020 4:39 PM

May 2015
Xenocrisi said:
PraiseTheSun123 said:

This so much. It's crazy how many people forget that the point of adaptations is to advertise the sorce material, and treat the anime doing it's job like it's a bad thing.

Dec 1, 2020 6:26 PM

Jul 2020
Spy x Family better get an anime adaptation soon.It'll blow up.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Dec 1, 2020 6:29 PM

Jul 2020
Gorochu said:
Saying Kimetsu no Yaiba is successful because of ufotable is the same as saying Hunter X Hunter is successful because of Madhouse. Kimetsu no Yaiba is not even ufotable's best selling anime. ufotable only make Kimetsu no Yaiba existence known more to the rest of the mainstream audience but the ability to make fans love and spend much money on it goes down to come from the potential of the manga. We could put other decent studios to animate Kimetsu no Yaiba but it will still receive the same success as it is.

Lmao you're saying Kimetsu no yaiba is not Ufotable's best selling anime?The movie is the 3rd most selling in Japan.Look it up again.
Hunter x Hunter's manga was already successful before it even got an anime while it is not the case with Demon slayer.Demon slayer's manga was unknown but when it's anime was airing the manga blew up.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Dec 1, 2020 10:55 PM

May 2018
Scordolo said:
Gorochu said:

Lmao you're saying Kimetsu no yaiba is not Ufotable's best selling anime?The movie is the 3rd most selling in Japan.Look it up again.
Hunter x Hunter's manga was already successful before it even got an anime while it is not the case with Demon slayer.Demon slayer's manga was unknown but when it's anime was airing the manga blew up.

Kimetsu no Yaiba anime sold at 20278 per volume.
Fate/Zero anime sold at 52285 per volume.
http://www.someanithing.com/series-data-quick-view
Fate Zero outsell Kimetsu no Yaiba.

So yeah, Kimetsu no Yaiba is not ufotable biggest sales. Kimetsu no Yaiba already has more than 1 million sales before the anime came out. Just because Kimetsu no Yaiba is not well known in the west that does not mean it's not well known in Japan before the anime came out. Do you have Hunter X Hunter sales statistics prior the 1999 anime to prove your point that Hunter x Hunter manga was already successful before it even got an anime? Hunter x Hunter manga was almost unknown prior to the 2011 anime.

-EDIT-
1998 Japan's Manga Sales
Series Sales
Sales spectrum: 1 December 1997 - 30 November 1998

*1. 719,850 Meitantei Conan
*2. 647,789 Rurouni Kenshin
*3. 625,322 GTO
*4. 475,542 Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo
*5. 366,417 H2
*6. 350,338 Hoshin Engi
*7. 311,345 Initial D
*8. 305,681 Hana yori Dango
*9. 268,484 One Piece
10. 246,258 Rekka no Honoo
11. 204,120 Kochira Katsushikaku Kameari Kouenmae Hashutsujo
12. 203,187 I's
13. 198,314 Oishinbo
14. 198,357 Hajime no Ippo
15. 191,843 Monster
16. 190,354 GS Mikami Gokuraku Daisakusen!!
17. 186,047 Sora wa Akai Kawa no Hotori
18. 184,047 3x3 Eyes
19. 154,016 Jaja Uma Grooming Up!
20. 149,615 Basara

Source: Oricon back issues via Justnet
Modified by Ana, Apr 30, 2015 8:42 AM

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1373782#msg39315196

1999 Japan's Manga Sales
Series Sales
Sales spectrum: 7 December 1998 - 29 November 1999

*1. 564,058 Meitantei Conan
*2. 416,663 Rurouni Kenshin
*3. 371,950 One Piece
*4. 332,929 H2
*5. 325,627 GTO
*6. 301,027 Hana yori Dango
*7. 287,615 Hoshin Engi
*8. 284,099 Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo (inclusive of the short stories volume)
*9. 204,641 Oishinbo
10. 204,581 Hajime no Ippo

Source: Oricon back issues

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1378429#msg39560431

No Hunter X Hunter manga. Hunter X Hunter manga is not successful before the anime came out.
Papa_ScorchDec 2, 2020 9:19 AM
Dec 2, 2020 8:07 AM

Oct 2014
Kuma said:
Samt_ said:

And where did I say that? I was replying to a guy who was talking about missing the anime. Not this whole manga sales argument you're having here.

But I may as well join in now, if the anime didn't have the Ufotable-level animation that made both the anime and manga explode in popularity, those manga sales wouldn't be as high as they are.

The anime blowing up is what made a shit ton of people pay attention to the manga, thus the massive boost in sales.
Dec 2, 2020 9:05 AM

Jun 2020
It's actually surprising to see how popular Kingdom is in Japan
This anime shit is addictive
Dec 2, 2020 9:28 AM

May 2018
Samt_ said:
Kuma said:

And where did I say that? I was replying to a guy who was talking about missing the anime. Not this whole manga sales argument you're having here.

But I may as well join in now, if the anime didn't have the Ufotable-level animation that made both the anime and manga explode in popularity, those manga sales wouldn't be as high as they are.

The anime blowing up is what made a shit ton of people pay attention to the manga, thus the massive boost in sales.

What you mean by blowing up? Kimetsu no Yaiba anime sales doesn't reach Attack on Titan,Haikyuu anime sales but Kimetsu no Yaiba manga still outperforming Attack on Titan,Haikyuu manga during the first two years of their post anime. Surely it because of the manga and not anime. I feel that too many people has over exaggerated impact of ufotable without checking the statistics to back their claim.
http://www.someanithing.com/series-data-quick-view

Kimetsu no Yaiba anime sales = 20,278
Shingeki no Kyojin anime sales = 52,078
Haikyuu anime sales = 25,470

How is KnY anime blowing up when it sales is lower than AoT and Haikyuu? Do you guys even check fact and statistics before making unproven claim or you just use your anecdotal evidence which is not reliable.
Papa_ScorchDec 2, 2020 6:27 PM
Dec 2, 2020 12:47 PM

Feb 2018
Taste is subjective but damn KnY feels so damn overrated, just me?
Dec 2, 2020 1:35 PM

Jul 2009
*4. 228,628 Overlord Vol.14

Kimetsu aside, I am glad Overlord manages to continue to have it's newest volume the top selling on the year.
Dec 2, 2020 4:22 PM

Mar 2015
Samt_ said:
Kuma said:

damn, gorochu faster than me. anyway... to add to this in the same season, fire force has better animation than KnY, and made by prolific studio as well (same studio as JOJO ffs). but it didn't explode. in fact the second one to have amazing sales perform are 5 toubun, but nobody talk about how badly animated it is?

people love KnY more than animation, hence why they buy manga. it has shown in the poll and data. but people refuse to acknowledge their favorite series has less mass appeal than KnY thus pointing at sparkle animation baffling me.

KnY is not even my personal most liked series of that year (that title goes to kaguya-sama), but seeing this level of denial just amuse me.
Dec 3, 2020 1:41 AM
Oct 2020
Amazingly, KNY beats everything in manga and light novels (except in anime, because they're many anime who can beat KNY, such as FMAB, gintama, HXH 2011, steins gate, etc and also in top anime who have many fans, such as naruto, FMAB, SAO, NGNL, etc)
Dec 4, 2020 3:45 PM

Feb 2015
grats on the kametsu no Yaiba mangaka.... 83m copy sale is not a big joke... I dont know about the anime since I didnt see so of course I'd not know how good the manga is..... It's just that... I feel like I'll never like the story of series that's I feel like not for me anymore.

ohhh well. I guess I should try and preserve it when I'm about to die?
Dec 6, 2020 2:08 PM

Aug 2020
It was to be expected that Kimetsu no yaiba would lead all this 2020
Dec 9, 2020 8:10 AM

Jun 2009
What the actual fuck?
Dec 9, 2020 10:11 AM
May 2013
Everyone talking about Demon Slayer's sales figures which are well deserved but so little talk about how Kingdom, which has been sitting under One Piece for years, finally surpassing OP. As a long time Kingdom fan, I'm excited for the next years!
Jan 6, 2021 11:24 AM
Dec 2018
Holy crap. I know Kimetsu no Yaiba was blowing up, but not this much! It's also wild that Kingdom actually out sold One Piece too.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» 'Black★★Rock Shooter: Dawn Fall' Reveals Additional Cast, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Feb 11, 2022

11 by nisafitri »»
4 hours ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 1:40 PM

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.