Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 9, 2020 10:26 PM

Nov 2019
Great episode!
I do hope that they kill the main character in the end. That would be cool. I don't want them to find a way to make him live.
Oct 9, 2020 10:31 PM

Aug 2020
NOBARA DEBUT AND A FIRE ED? LOVED IT
Oct 9, 2020 10:32 PM
Oct 2019
Ryuseishun said:
High production value should be an accessory and not something solely trying to carry a series. Unfortunately this is yet again happening to MAPPA, except with JJK right now.

simply you are elites, You become a YouTuber ? Meh and the way you criticize? Meh, Elites always elites, You always want to look perfect even though you are hypocritical.
Oct 9, 2020 10:33 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Second episodes in and i got the second and third battle sequences already. Looks like those Satoru had an interesting personality, while in the battle held some cool elements on him. I just got Kakashi sensei vibes with its mystery plus humourish kind of style in these introduction, especially when he talked to Itadori. Well, he officially his sensei, so i don't mind with that similarity. All of them were the same Shounen type. XD

The plot already setted up pretty solid goals there, by taking an interest on Itadori's talent to surpressed Sukuna's power. Well, its kinda gave me a sad feeling, by putting all of Sukuna's parts on Itadori bodies first, than lets see the consequency of their action later. Its sounds like they were making him as a sacrificial object to made him as a containers to get rid of Sukuna as fast as possible. Satoru and Itadori's facial expression when the explanations happened just amusing to be what watched. So, thats the concept. What else Itadori could do rather than just accepted it first? I might think that Sukuna can learnt something great with his new life on Itadori's body, changed hims mind, and ended up befriended with everyone, especially with Itadori first. Its sounds silly and so cliche, But, everything can happen, right? well, left aside my wild thought there, and let the plot told me first about their school life before jumped out into the main problems of Sukina's struggling.

So, yeah thats it. Another solid introduction, even though i feel sad that they had no proper farewell at Itadori's old school first, and jumped out fast to Jujutsu academy. Oh, well. At least that headmaster was a funny person, with a nice power too. While the battle sequences were smooth and very gorgeous, no complain. It just looks so cool with all of their battle sequences, especially with that sensei amazing movement. Thats it so far, and looking forward to the third episode. More characters to be introduced!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 9, 2020 10:43 PM

Jan 2014
looks like we got our ED of the season, and possible ED of the year folks
Oct 9, 2020 10:44 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
dragynfaerie said:
He didn't once ask if there was another way. He accepted eating 1,000 year old people jerky no questions..

It seemed Itadori had no choice, like that Satoru sensei said, he only had two choices, no exception. As a good MC, ofc he chose it as his better solution. XD
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 9, 2020 10:48 PM
Jul 2009
StormxNightmare said:
I said it before and I'll say it again: The Op is amazing af :D
Eve + fantastic animation and a nice art style = great
The Ed is pretty cool as well, very interesting choice :)

I'm not sure how I feel about the anime itself tho. The animation is great and the story seems promising, but the characters are kinda... meh so far. Doesn't help that we basically have Naruto, Sasuke & especially Kakashi 2.0 here.
The protagonist has something world threatening sealed inside of him, but is a nice and aloof guy. He also has a light hair color and face markings.
The "rival/friend" is a little bit hostile and edgy, has basically Sasukes hair.
The teacher, doesn't only look like Kakashi, he also covers half of his face and is OP.
I don't like any of the Naruto characters I just named, so I hope the ones in this show will not be like them.

I also don't like that the teacher is that strong. Where's the threat if he could even beat the "king of curses". He's either gonna die tragically or just be as strong as he said, so i dunno.

The girl seems cool tho. My favorite characters in Shounen often end up to be girls, cause the aren't as predictable and shallow as many of the MCs (if they are written good, which doesn't happen that often either).

These are all just observations ofc and I hope that I'll be proven comepletely wrong! :)
Curious to see how this will develop!

Yeah, don't worry, no naruto chara dattebayo here. Gojo is really that powerful but the author generally manages to keep the fights interesting even when Gojo is involved and it helps that the villains are competent and dangerous. The real show will starts when the main villains finally appear, keep watching, its worth it
Oct 9, 2020 10:53 PM
Jul 2014
Dang bringing out E ve for the op and ALI for the ed...Awesome.
Oct 9, 2020 11:17 PM
Jul 2019
Wooo hooo it's damn good. Loving it so far, might check the manga after this.
Oct 10, 2020 12:05 AM

Jul 2009
Awesome, after Beastars' opening ALI gave us another absolute banger.
Oct 10, 2020 12:21 AM

Jun 2009
The second episode was better than the first. If the first one was a 5, the second one is a 6.5 for me. That outro was fire tho.
Oct 10, 2020 12:38 AM
Aug 2019
That Gojou and Sakuna fight was awesome.
Wow that ED is groovy plus those visuals are great.

Oct 10, 2020 12:56 AM
Dec 2019
MAN IM ALREADY HYPED FOR EP 2 BUT WHEN I HEARD THE ENDINGー SCREW IT I LOVE IT!!!
Oct 10, 2020 1:20 AM

Oct 2019
I think this anime is gonna be amazing, but I have to wait until the end. Animation is great, I love the opening and ending theme.
Can't wait for new episode to come out xd
BOŽE ČUVAJ HRVATSKU
Oct 10, 2020 1:21 AM

Nov 2019
Gojo Satoru flexing his abilities was just top-notch. The action scenes never disappoint, especially when the camera rotated around Sukuna was just S-tier execution. Megumi, how's the bag? Anyway, the pacing was great. And finally the ED, yes the ED, looked and sounded fresh and swag. Though there are minor changes of scenes from the manga but its fine. I'd give it a 9/10
Oct 10, 2020 1:33 AM

Sep 2020
animejas said:
The material is still bland and comedy is so bad, but the production efforts from MAPPA have been damn solid still and I like Gojou here a bit more than the manga.

MAPPA pacing this decently too so even if I'm bored by the material, it's somewhat watchable compared to the director and studio's efforts for God of High School.
From your notes on Mangaka's page, I know it you don't liked the manga saying boring characters, boring story so why are you even Watching this ? Maybe just to lower your average score ?
Oct 10, 2020 2:19 AM
Oct 2018
The episode was great. Gojou fight scene was awesome, but ED stole the show. ED of the year.
Oct 10, 2020 2:24 AM
Jul 2009
G_Spark233 said:
The fight at the beginning was hype!

How the MC can eat those fingers is something I'll never understand.

I'm really liking the blind guy and his entire casual attitude.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags.
Koito91Oct 10, 2020 10:07 AM
Oct 10, 2020 2:25 AM
Apr 2020
It's really gross that Yuuji will have to eat 18 more fingers of Sukuna to be able to gain all Sukuna's power, and he will be executed after that. lol. Satoru-sensei is certainly strong and fast! The doll curses of the principal is also funny. I'm excited to see how powerful the third first year is. This is getting more interesting!

Oct 10, 2020 2:29 AM

Aug 2009
"I'm into girls like Jennifer Lawrence!" LOL that was random XD, the show is getting better and i love everything about it so far.
Oct 10, 2020 2:32 AM
Jul 2018
Boring episode. Basically nothing happened and it wasn't fun. Things are looking up in the trailer though, hopefully the next episode gets better.

Btw, I can't help but feel that the fight sequences are similar to those from God of Highschool, unfortunately I haven't seen enough anime to tell if it's top tier, standard or bad, maybe it was the fact that there was no meaning to that fight that bored me but in this episode I think it looks pretty bad.
removed-userOct 10, 2020 2:38 AM
Oct 10, 2020 2:38 AM

Jun 2020
ugh i loved it, i love everyone, LOVED IT

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Oct 10, 2020 2:40 AM

Sep 2017
wow that was a great fight between gojo and sukuna,

also i think this ED is the ED of the year, the visual and song is very catchy... or maybe im not watching that much of anime this year lmao but ngl ALI once again hit the spot after BEASTARS
Oct 10, 2020 3:06 AM

Oct 2019
gojou gonna make me act up hes way to dope
Oct 10, 2020 3:17 AM

Apr 2020
OoooooOOhh the ED is sexyyyy

The story becomes even more interesting
Oct 10, 2020 3:18 AM

Jun 2013
Jujutsu Kaisen is a very shounen and generic to a certain degree but honestly speaking, aside from Golden Kamuy and perhaps three other shows, this series is one of the few that I look forward to watching every week. I just need my shounen fix and this has everything covered.

The animation quality in this series is far superior to anything we have this season. The OP alone is top tier. ED visuals and song were also pretty good. Junichi Suwabe is perfect for Sukuna, it's exactly how I imagined he'd sound. He's my favorite character in the series and wished he had more screen time (even in the manga). I'm not a fan of Kugisaki and don't care about her appearance but it completes the trio.
臭い-
Oct 10, 2020 3:20 AM

Jun 2020
That frickin ED. So gooood JJK, so goood Mappa
This anime shit is addictive
Oct 10, 2020 3:32 AM

Jun 2019
Sensei is pretty cool IMO. Also, we got to see Jujutsu Training school.
That ED and its visuals. Holy shit. I loved it.
Oct 10, 2020 3:38 AM
Mar 2019
Man i dont know , i think they didnt handeled this show well in terms of story d characters , but i heard the fights gonna be strategic so i m still gonna continue watching it for now
Oct 10, 2020 3:48 AM
Oct 2020
Did anyone pay attention to the scene after Sukuna destroyed the school bridge then itadori regained control of his body, I watched the Gojou opposite with the fushiguro then he walked towards Yuji .. Is this some kind of technique, because the scene is shown only half the body, I am wondering about this. this surprised me.
Oct 10, 2020 4:44 AM

Feb 2019
I really understand why today they focus on animating these jump shows better, because otherwise nobody would see them the action have billion frames but the choreography itself is super lazy. The 'fight' at the start was one dude flailing while another just vanished without moving and reappeared elsewhere. Which is also how the later 'training' scene went. The rest of the episode was one long infodump. I can get absolutely get into corny action monster-of-the-week stuff like Garo, but there was no real plot to this episode. It was at best, a training episode of dudes standing around waiting for the protagonist to go from declaring "I care about, you know, stuff in general" to "I care about, I don't know, I guess me and stuff?" There was no furtherance of anything past that. Just a bunch of dry factoids spewed out.
Totally devoid of substance and ideas. Yawn
Oct 10, 2020 4:59 AM
Jul 2009
RayReynolds said:
I really understand why today they focus on animating these jump shows better, because otherwise nobody would see them the action have billion frames but the choreography itself is super lazy. The 'fight' at the start was one dude flailing while another just vanished without moving and reappeared elsewhere. Which is also how the later 'training' scene went. The rest of the episode was one long infodump. I can get absolutely get into corny action monster-of-the-week stuff like Garo, but there was no real plot to this episode. It was at best, a training episode of dudes standing around waiting for the protagonist to go from declaring "I care about, you know, stuff in general" to "I care about, I don't know, I guess me and stuff?" There was no furtherance of anything past that. Just a bunch of dry factoids spewed out.
Totally devoid of substance and ideas. Yawn

Yeah, yeah, heard it all before. Same old dumb troll post by old anime die-hards. How original
Oct 10, 2020 5:24 AM

Sep 2018
This anime has a lot of potential IMO, very engaging from the get go, with likeable characters and potentially great story development. I feel this anime will become very popular.
Oct 10, 2020 5:25 AM
Oct 2018
Building up to be a great adaptation, fights and animation is looking really good
Oct 10, 2020 5:39 AM

Jun 2013
Based MAPPA man. That animation is god tier and that ED is amazingly well done
Oct 10, 2020 5:43 AM
ギャンブルビイ

Sep 2018
The ending looks so nice ang unique! Overall the visuals of this anime are defintely top notch. I rarely enjoy fight scenes, but with this anime I look forward to them because of the awesome animation.

Great episode again, not much to complain about. I really like the balance between
semi-gruesome horror and lighthearted character building.
Oct 10, 2020 5:59 AM

Feb 2014
This show is a top tier with animation in the realm of Ufotable. That OP and ED is a complete banger.

deg said:
so that curse Sukuna is the strongest curse eh and they gonna collect all the dragon balls i mean his fingers

lol this scene

So he's into stubborn ones?
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Oct 10, 2020 6:24 AM
Sep 2020
the fight scenes are so flawless they did itadori dirty with the 2 choices tho
Oct 10, 2020 6:32 AM
Jul 2016
BismarkAJH said:
Boring episode. Basically nothing happened and it wasn't fun. Things are looking up in the trailer though, hopefully the next episode gets better.

Btw, I can't help but feel that the fight sequences are similar to those from God of Highschool, unfortunately I haven't seen enough anime to tell if it's top tier, standard or bad, maybe it was the fact that there was no meaning to that fight that bored me but in this episode I think it looks pretty bad.

I know everyone is entitled to his opinion, but BOY, straight up saiying that nothing happened is a joke that isnt even funny. This episode was packed with content and with a clear sense of progression/direction:

Establishing MC goals adding nuances to him? check
Introducing and establicing new core cast members? check
Introducing lore elements that are vital for the story? check
Setting up what the overall story is going to be about?check

Basically is what any good story should do a its beggining, and all in a very smooth way. Last episode was nothing compared to this, we didnt knew about anything, now we are talking.

Also the fight sequences are some of the best the industry could offer, only matched with Demon Slayer, OPM S1, Mob Psycho 100, and some of the best Naruto fights.

TheBlackPlagueOct 10, 2020 6:36 AM
Oct 10, 2020 7:03 AM

Feb 2020
Mappa is doing a really good job with action this year.

This Anime will definitely be the in the top tier this season.

So Far The story seems very Interesting.

dasprn said:

So he's into stubborn ones?

LMFAO!!!
That girl in the next episode looks like a stubborn girl.
I'm hoping I will get to see some funny romantic situations in the Next Episode....... :P :P :P :O

Oct 10, 2020 7:32 AM

Mar 2014
The ED is Top 2 with The Millionaire Detective this year!
Oct 10, 2020 7:35 AM
Apr 2019
Damn. The animation at the first minutes of the episode is astonishing. Mappa is really dedicated after all. So I guess maybe later episodes will blew up like Kimetsu no Yaiba? Hmmm Let's see if there will be an "Episode 19" effect. Can't wait to see next week's episode!
Oct 10, 2020 7:36 AM
Sep 2020
BismarkAJH said:

This is the second episode...
Oct 10, 2020 7:45 AM
Jun 2019
This show looks fantastic and is looking like one of the best if not the best of the season. I'm so excited to see how it turns out the animation looks so good and the opening and ending slap.
Oct 10, 2020 7:56 AM

Apr 2013
Never expected I'd love the MC's personality so much
If done right, this can be one of my favorite shounen shows ever
Oct 10, 2020 8:32 AM
Jan 2020
Oh yeah, not that I'm administering others, but keep in mind that Gojo is 28yo while students are minors. So better be careful.

mushikyuu said:
this scene gave me weird thoughts HAHAHA
the ed is sooo amazing btw !!!!

Oct 10, 2020 8:37 AM

Jan 2016
Super late but I just came here to say... HOLY SHIT THAT ED??? THAT WAS GREAT????!!!! Might be my favorite ED this season ngl. Didn't expect that kind of quality when I first read the manga and an anime announcement came out, I can't wait for more.
Oct 10, 2020 8:46 AM

Aug 2018
I wasn't feeling it in the 1st episode, but after this I think it might live up to the hype!
I think I don't know wtf I'm doing. Maybe. Probably.

Oct 10, 2020 8:56 AM

Apr 2020
I booked plan to watch last season on Jujutsu Kaisen when i found out that was the same director as GOH. despite some details, i think the studio made a good adaptation and especially a great animation work.

I'm only JJK anime viewer, but so far i really liked the pacing, choreographies and effects. and the ED visual its reaaaally cute!

now i'm hyped about the presentation of the new girl character (๑>ᴗ<๑)
*cries in non binary*
Oct 10, 2020 9:41 AM
Jul 2020
StormxNightmare said:
I said it before and I'll say it again: The Op is amazing af :D
Eve + fantastic animation and a nice art style = great
The Ed is pretty cool as well, very interesting choice :)

I'm not sure how I feel about the anime itself tho. The animation is great and the story seems promising, but the characters are kinda... meh so far. Doesn't help that we basically have Naruto, Sasuke & especially Kakashi 2.0 here.
The protagonist has something world threatening sealed inside of him, but is a nice and aloof guy. He also has a light hair color and face markings.
The "rival/friend" is a little bit hostile and edgy, has basically Sasukes hair.
The teacher, doesn't only look like Kakashi, he also covers half of his face and is OP.
I don't like any of the Naruto characters I just named, so I hope the ones in this show will not be like them.

I also don't like that the teacher is that strong. Where's the threat if he could even beat the "king of curses". He's either gonna die tragically or just be as strong as he said, so i dunno.

The girl seems cool tho. My favorite characters in Shounen often end up to be girls, cause the aren't as predictable and shallow as many of the MCs (if they are written good, which doesn't happen that often either).

These are all just observations ofc and I hope that I'll be proven comepletely wrong! :)
Curious to see how this will develop!

in relation to Gojou, Jujutsu has a lot of strategy
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» 👑 Jujutsu Kaisen Character Ranking 👑 ( 1 2 )

nirererin - Sep 22

93 by Andra9966 »»
13 minutes ago

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Dominik_Fark - Jan 15, 2021

248 by Gator »»
Yesterday, 3:07 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Dec 25, 2020

283 by Gator »»
Yesterday, 2:25 AM

» Can Mahoraga get intoxicated?

someguy - Sep 14

43 by Quadruple_Oi »»
Sep 22, 9:28 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2020

343 by Gator »»
Sep 22, 12:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.