Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 12, 2020 6:57 AM
News Team
꙳•❅*°⋆❆.ೃ࿔*:・*❆

Apr 2010
Publisher Kodansha announced on Tuesday the winners of its 44th annual manga awards in each of three categories. Winners are listed in bold alongside other nominated works.

Shounen
Spy x Family by Tatsuya Endou, publishing in Shounen Jump+
Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken by Fuse and Taiki Kawakami, publishing in Shounen Sirius
Tokyo卍Revengers by Ken Wakui, publishing in Weekly Shounen Magazine
Runway de Waratte by Kotoba Inoya, publishing in Weekly Shounen Magazine

Shoujo
Kageki Shoujo!! by Kumiko Saiki, publishing in Melody
Gozen 0-ji, Kiss shi ni Kite yo by Rin Mikimoto, publishing in Bessatsu Friend
Hananoi-kun to Koi no Yamai by Megumi Morino, publishing in Dessert
Boku to Kimi no Taisetsu na Hanashi by Robico, publishing in Dessert

General
Skip to Loafer by Misaki Takamatsu, publishing in Afternoon
Tongari Boushi no Atelier by Kamome Shirahama, publishing in Morning Two
Blue Period by Tsubasa Yamaguchi, publishing in Afternoon
Mystery to Iu nakare by Yumi Tamura, publishing in Monthly Flowers

The selection committee of the 44th Kodansha Manga Awards is composed of mangaka Ken Akamatsu (Mahou Sensei Negima!), Tochi Ueyama (Cooking Papa), Oh! Great (Air Gear), Atsushi Kase (Zerosen), Akiko Higashimura (Kuragehime), Yuuji Moritaka (Gurazeni), and Waki Yamato (Haikara-san ga Tooru).

Source: Comic Natalie 1, 2

← Previous Year

Submit News × GuidelinesPart of U × Color Your Night × Limelight × Headline˙⊹܀⁺☁︎˚˙⊹⁺.˙⁺
May 12, 2020 7:37 AM
Apr 2016
I was about to comment on the Swastika, but then I read the series information and had some unpleasant Boku Dake ga Inai Machi flashbacks... and had enough.
Re:formed
May 12, 2020 8:02 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Glad to see Spy x Family up there in particular along with Runway de Waratte and Boku to Kimi no Taisetsu na Hanashi.

And as always, I’m hoping to see (more, if already one) anime announcements of these so I’ll be able to check it out in my preferred method too.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

May 12, 2020 8:13 AM

Nov 2007
Would have loved it if Spy x Family won it but I am so glad that Boku to Kimi won! Robico-sensei's best manga and a true masterpiece. I have fond memories of the manga! Azumaa~ x Nozomin is the best thing ever!

Oh, how I wished to see this animated! T_T

Why some of the best stories ever in shoujo/josei magazines never see anime?! T_T
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
May 12, 2020 8:26 AM

Apr 2015
Daniel_Naumov said:
I was about to comment on the Swastika, but then I read the series information and had some unpleasant Boku Dake ga Inai Machi flashbacks... and had enough.

It's a manji, not swastika

https://www.lionsroar.com/226988-2/
May 12, 2020 8:38 AM
Apr 2016
shanimebib said:
Would have loved it if Spy x Family won it but I am so glad that Boku to Kimi won! Robico-sensei's best manga and a true masterpiece. I have fond memories of the manga! Azumaa~ x Nozomin is the best thing ever!

Why some of the best stories ever in shoujo/josei magazines never see anime?! T_T

Because they are unrealistic, usually contain a lot of self-inserting and only pander to a smaller group of people. They will not gain massive recognition as other. more profound and thought-out series. It is such adaptation of such series that people invest in.
May 12, 2020 8:44 AM
Discord Moderator
Feb 2014
Just started Tokyo Revengers today, so far so good.
May 12, 2020 8:57 AM

Apr 2020
Daniel_Naumov said:
shanimebib said:

Because they are unrealistic, usually contain a lot of self-inserting and only pander to a smaller group of people. They will not gain massive recognition as other. more profound and thought-out series. It is such adaptation of such series that people invest in.

Is your comment a parody? Like if only high-brow shows with deep meanings got made into anime hahaha
How many season DanMachi already has?
In fact, imo the only thing you said who has any bearing is the size of the target audience. I guess traditional josei/shoujo stories just don't have enough of a audience. BL seems to get through to a lot more people apparently for example.
May 12, 2020 12:10 PM

Jun 2015
Kirasaka said:

Same here.

I found it much more engaging than Spy x Family, so I gotta thank the awards for introducing such a good manga to me
ok :p
May 12, 2020 12:25 PM
Discord Moderator
Feb 2014
MadSc said:
Kirasaka said:

Same here.

I found it much more engaging than Spy x Family, so I gotta thank the awards for introducing such a good manga to me

Yeah, I don't normally pay much attention to awards and read the manga, but this one just caught my eye and gave it a shot. Glad I did.
May 12, 2020 1:48 PM

Mar 2015
Blue period translation is so far behind the raws, it makes me want to learn Japanese so I can know what will happen.

Not blaming the translation group, i'm blaming the publisher.
May 12, 2020 6:23 PM

Mar 2017
Really love Tokyo Revengers, Spy X Family, Skip to Loafer, and Blue Period. I'd be fine with any of them winning the award, and Tokyo Revengers won! This is great.
May 13, 2020 6:04 AM

Oct 2016
Now if only the English release of tokyo revengers were to get a physical release.. I love that series, but I hate that my only way to support it is digitally or buying Japanese vols.
May 13, 2020 9:17 AM
Apr 2016
Minami said:
Now if only the English release of tokyo revengers were to get a physical release.. I love that series, but I hate that my only way to support it is digitally or buying Japanese vols.

Why hate the ability to support actual authors and Japanese instead of the western distributors? I mean, clearly the westerners need their every penny more than Japanese, but even so, if one is playing better pay the decent people.
May 13, 2020 9:33 AM

Oct 2016
Daniel_Naumov said:
Minami said:

Why hate the ability to support actual authors and Japanese instead of the western distributors? I mean, clearly the westerners need their every penny more than Japanese, but even so, if one is playing better pay the decent people.

Because I actually want to read it too? I can't read Japanese?
May 13, 2020 9:45 AM
Apr 2016
Minami said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

Because I actually want to read it too? I can't read Japanese?

Oh, well, I am sure there will be translation by passionate fans.
May 13, 2020 12:19 PM

Aug 2008
MadSc said:
Kirasaka said:

Same here.

To be honest SxF went downhill really fast. Putting so much focus on that (rather despicable and painfully stupid) little girl was an awful idea. I'm surprised it won some award again. Recent chapters are so run of the mill it feels like reading some bottom feeder from WSJ on the verge of axing...
Ii tenki desu ne...
May 15, 2020 1:07 PM
Feb 2016
Blue Period is absolutely amazing. it is so inspirational. Got me excited every time a new chapter comes out
May 15, 2020 1:13 PM

Jan 2009
Tokyo Revengers is there huh im hearing a lot of good things about that manga

More topics from this board

» 'Arknights: Rise From Ember' TV Anime Announced

DatRandomDude - 35 minutes ago

0 by DatRandomDude »»
35 minutes ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

7 by EcchiGodMamster »»
1 hour ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 25

17 by RobertBobert »»
1 hour ago

» 'Overlord: Sei Oukoku-hen' Movie Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer, Fall 2024 Premiere

Doshigatai - Mar 22

5 by Entity72 »»
4 hours ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

98 by RobertBobert »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.