Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 4, 2020 3:25 AM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
Romcom have slow progress romance and dense mc. That's the point of romcom.
If you need progress, watch romance/drama anime. (shows like White Album 2, Kimi ni Todoke, Ao Haru Ride, Golden Time, etcs)

You sure you're watching the right anime you want dude? You don't watch base on the rating/popular, pick up the one with the genre that match your preferences.

I like Chika and Ishigami more than Kaguya and Shirogane, you shouldn't watch the series only for the MCs. This is basically anime about getting to know the chara than romance itself.
May 4, 2020 8:13 AM

Oct 2018
xkazutox said:
If you need progress, watch romance/drama anime. (shows like White Album 2, Kimi ni Todoke, Ao Haru Ride, Golden Time, etcs)

You sure you're watching the right anime you want dude? You don't watch base on the rating/popular, pick up the one with the genre that match your preferences.

I like Chika and Ishigami more than Kaguya and Shirogane, you shouldn't watch the series only for the MCs. This is basically anime about getting to know the chara than romance itself.

The MC is not dense tho.

May 4, 2020 8:25 AM

Sep 2017
The romance does progress. It's called read the fucking manga.
Everyone else already answered pretty well.
Overall Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen is a pretty solid series, and most people here are on that general consensus.
May 4, 2020 8:27 AM
May 4, 2020 8:27 AM
Feb 2018
He has every right to complain coz we are living in democratic system. But i would like to counter some of his points.
(1)Not funny - like many says it's subjective.
(2)1D & Lack of progression between the two MC relationship - I think from the very first 10 minutes of S1 Ep 1 the future relationship between the two MC has already been decided. The question is when?. Really, there is no place 4 others to enter between the two. that's y it's 1D and we love to see it even though its feels repeated. Tbh i think this concept is superior than the one which give false hope to all non-first girl. Yes, I'm talking about harem concept.
May 4, 2020 10:02 AM
Apr 2020
It's amazing the amount of people defending this show to death, even though it's not a masterpiece.
I saw a comment that says "if you don't like this type of humor, you are a dead person or edgelord". I can't be more ashamed to share oxygen with that guy, smh.
May 4, 2020 11:12 AM

Feb 2018
SoftWind said:
xkazutox said:

The MC is not dense tho.

Yup no way he is dense. The romance is slow but not that slow!!

And the animes @xkazuto has mentioned are more of (shallow) drama than romance for me!
'I have no bonds tying me down. That's why I can see things as they are!!' - Yugami
May 4, 2020 12:51 PM
Feb 2018
Little to nothing is good about this series.

KSLIW is egregiously overrated. It’s nothing but a massive gimmick that I’m truly ashamed to see score so highly on this site. It’s an interesting enough premise that suffers from sudden, rapid-fire tone shifts that lack any weight for how often they happen, with a hammy overdose of stupid cheap drama that functions so far outside any realm of rationality it’s no longer orbiting anything in this galaxy.

The viewer gets to know the narrator on a much deeper level than the characters. Anime fans are notorious for *hating* info dumping, anything longer than 30 seconds of exposition and every anituber gripes and moans about how insulting it is to the viewer, but let a narrator info dump almost nonstop throughout the whole show and I guess that somehow warrants a score of 8.81/10 (somehow putting it above actual masterpieces like Cowboy Bebop, Code Geass and Princess Mononoke to name a few and just four placements down from Spirited Away).

The two main characters are only ever seen in one light. They both suffer from a bougie obsession with prestige that should be entirely intolerable to any regular person with a distaste for aristocracy. The pink haired girl is nothing but a fluffy moe nuisance trope that squeeks her way on screen to add nothing of substance.

KSLIW offers mediocre art & music with a mediocre highschool that stylistically speaks to some of the obnoxious fetishization of Western aristocracy seen elsewhere in anime that I won’t recommend.

The central point that I want to make though is that the humor only matters if you care about their prestige, which no one should, and their romance only matters if they offer something unique, which it doesn’t due to the tropiness of their personalities and only seeing them under one light in these micro circumstances so small a flea would probably brush it off as nothing but crumbs of a melodrama. That and the fact that just by speaking time the narrator has greater grounds to claim to being the real main character than any of the on screen characters.

The funniest part of this show is how overrated it is. Not total trash so it doesn’t
need to be a 1/10 (although I’ll mark it as such to help bring the overall score back to reality) but certainly migraine inducing mediocrity at 4/10.
May 4, 2020 12:54 PM
Feb 2018
Little to nothing is good about this show.

KSLIW is egregiously overrated. It’s nothing but a massive gimmick that I’m truly ashamed to see score so highly on this site. It’s an interesting enough premise that suffers from sudden, rapid-fire tone shifts that lack any weight for how often they happen, with a hammy overdose of stupid cheap drama that functions so far outside any realm of rationality it’s no longer orbiting anything in this galaxy.

The viewer gets to know the narrator on a much deeper level than the characters. Anime fans are notorious for *hating* info dumping, anything longer than 30 seconds of exposition and every anituber gripes and moans about how insulting it is to the viewer, but let a narrator info dump almost nonstop throughout the whole show and I guess that somehow warrants a score of 8.81/10 (somehow putting it above actual masterpieces like Cowboy Bebop, Code Geass and Princess Mononoke to name a few and just four placements down from Spirited Away).

The two main characters are only ever seen in one light. They both suffer from a bougie obsession with prestige that should be entirely intolerable to any regular person with a distaste for aristocracy. The pink haired girl is nothing but a fluffy moe nuisance trope that squeeks her way on screen to add nothing of substance.

KSLIW offers mediocre art & music with a mediocre highschool that stylistically speaks to some of the obnoxious fetishization of Western aristocracy seen elsewhere in anime that I won’t recommend.

The central point that I want to make though is that the humor only matters if you care about their prestige, which no one should, and their romance only matters if they offer something unique, which it doesn’t due to the tropiness of their personalities and only seeing them under one light in these micro circumstances so small a flea would probably brush it off as nothing but crumbs of a melodrama. That and the fact that just by speaking time the narrator has greater grounds to claim to being the real main character than any of the on screen characters.

The funniest part of this show is how overrated it is. Not total trash so it doesn’t
need to be a 1/10 (although I’ll mark it as such to help bring the overall score back to reality) but certainly migraine inducing mediocrity at 4/10.
May 4, 2020 1:26 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
kadabra89 said:

Insert *crybaby* emote here.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
May 4, 2020 1:35 PM
Jul 2018
kadabra89 said:
Little to nothing is good about this series.

Judging by this nonsense bullshit essay that can't even be allowed to be subjectively true, it's obvious you never saw this series or watched a maximum of two youtube videos and hate on it because it's better rated and more liked than your favorites. I won't even try to explain why everything you said is wrong because that would just be a waste of my time.
May 4, 2020 1:45 PM
Apr 2020
kadabra89 said:

Saying a show's bad because you hate it's comedic style of using a narrator like a hype-man is no different then ppl saying anime is trash because everyone has big eyes or Seinfeld is trash because it uses a laugh track. Just because they use a style you don't like doesn't make it a bad piece of writing. What matters is how they execute it. People shit on FMA:B because they don't like its comedic style of randomly shifting the tone and artstyle. Does that make it bad?
You don't hate on commentators in sports, or esports for repeating what you can already see on your screen because you understand he/she is just hyping the moment. It's no different in Kaguya-sama.

IwatchanimemaybeMay 4, 2020 1:53 PM
May 4, 2020 4:48 PM

Nov 2007
You need to watch more anime to appreciate Kaguya-sama and a bit of intelligence to check the sub forum to see if anything similar has been created or not before creating a thread.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
May 4, 2020 4:49 PM

Nov 2019
shubh_jain_2 said:
SoftWind said:

The MC is not dense tho.

And the animes @xkazuto has mentioned are more of (shallow) drama than romance for me!

I think you guys are confusing dumb and dense

He is dense coz if he's not dense he would've realized Kaguya is in love with him the first 3 episodes of season 1
May 4, 2020 5:02 PM
Apr 2020
the guy who gave boku no pico and school days a 10 while giving Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood a 1 cant see the appeal in kaguya sama

hmmm i wonder why???

this is obviously a troll post
ayaan692May 4, 2020 5:06 PM
May 4, 2020 5:24 PM

Aug 2017
Yep, another bait thread, im just sit here and enjoy reading the comments.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 4, 2020 5:55 PM

Feb 2019
You never experienced typical romantic escapades, teens the age of the characters in this anime usually have, yourself - isn't this more likely the problem why you can't understand what makes the series a good one in a sea of generic BS?

Combining cultural factors of japanese teens, how 'real' teen romances are going sometimes and the premise of the show regarding the relation of both main characters I would go as far to say the show is even rather 'realistic' for it being a comedy show in the first place. As being primarily comedic, the anime could easily go even less realistic and believable in regards of how the romance part is portrait - so it balances pretty well between immersion as a drama and entertainment as comedy.

But that's only one aspect why the show is praised in general. The comedic timing is on point in most scenes - the characters manage to show a good balance of being believable while also being stereotypical exxagerated - this gives points to the overall craftmanship behind the show and puts it in the higher reigns of rom-com shows of similar setting.

I personally wouldn't count it as a 'masterpiece' myself - but you can't pretend that it isn't an overall well crafted show by all objective standards one can apply to this media. Everything else is purely subjective - so lets just not try to bring your personal opinion into this topic as if it has any objective value. The only thing this thread can shed light on is the fact that people without proper understanding for the 'craftmanship' behind some piece of literature, art or piece entertainment shouldn't waste their (and everyone elses) time to try and participate as media critic - all you manage to acchieve is people laughing at you - but I guess it's possible that you're just acting under an urge similar to your usual internet troll and actually crave this sort of attention.

I even went so far to check upon your personal anime list ratings - and while it's already questionable to find people rating proper produced animes with 1/10 you can at least make the point that everyone has their own rating systems. What shows a more infantile (and most likely; 'troll-like') intention is if someone has a series rates 1/10 that has actually an overall score of 8.4! on this list. Being off by 3-4 can be easily explained by subjective taste - rating something at basically the complete opposite than and AVERAGE of everyone else though... this shows that your rating & judgement CAN'T possibly be rational by any standards.

That aside... maybe I'm wrong and you're not just trolling - so I take my time and try to educate you a bit, so you can maybe understand why people object to your criticism:

1. The romance barely progress

That's a trademark of the romcom genre. It the romance WOULD progress and the characters would enter a (stable) relationship, it would lose the premise it's built upon. Romcoms are usually built upon exaggerating the process of people falling in love and the struggle to make things work out - actually active relationships and the ups and downs portrait in a more realistic, less hyperbole way is what DRAMAS are for. This show isn't a drama - and it's even 'tagged' as romcom - so NO CLUE why you would expect it being something it doesn't claim it is.

2. The jokes are unfunny

That's the most subjective factor possible - so it means nothing. And I would think that you're highly aware of this fact as well - so why bother trolling around?

3. The characters aren't likeable but at the same time not hateable at this point I feel nothing but indifference

See 2.

4. there was a bit of drama in S1 but it was shallow that it wasn't worth having a conclusion

And there is no reason for it to get any more dramatic in the future - following the facts explained in 1.

5. Overall one dimensional, we know it'll be intellectual battle someone wins or draw rinse and repeat...

Putting aside the fact that someone here mentioned that the story actually WILL progress in the manga/novel (not that I would know - so I just take this at face value) that's the point of the genre of the anime. The constant struggle and the inability of the characters to realize their own position and mistakes is part of the premise in this sort of romcom. Since the jokes are mainly built upon this premise of them not understanding themselves and each other - the constant miscommunication - the show NEEDS this 'status quo' to make the jokes work out. That's also the reason why such comedic shows aren't meant to run forever like telenovelas or similar pieces of media - because if you try to force them into such a format, jokes are getting old pretty fast. There are quite some examples of shows & animes that tried to run forever and without changing the premise - I can't think of a single one that made it work in the long run.

THIS show simply isn't a shounen - and that's absolutelly FINE. It will end - either with a conclusion, or without - but for what it is, it doesn't even need one with the characters finding together, that's simply not the point of it. If you want to get invested in immersive romantic dramas, I could give you a few recommendations instead - but since I've already seen some of them rated rather low in your list I would guess that's wasted effort anyways.

I mean seriously - what's your point? Would you call out Seinfeld for the lack of relationship development between Jerry and Elaine despite the fact that they clearly have their history together?
I really would recommend you doing some research on literature first - especially on the different forms of storytelling - at least if you want to comment on such things without people laughing at how little understanding you bring with you. Judging a piece of comedy by narrative standards of a drama is the most embarrassing rookie mistake though - that much I can guarantee you...
May 4, 2020 7:24 PM

Jan 2012
shuu-tsukiyama said:
HueyLion said:

Thanks for the spoiler pal...maybe you should look up how to correctly use the spoiler tag for the future .-.
sorry man, I've never really used bbcode so I didn't think about it, but I should've. I've changed it now so there won't be any more spoiled people.
again: sorry for spoiling you

You arent changing anything if you dont fix the quotes of it (also not sure why mods still havent fixed those). So fix those too.
May 4, 2020 11:38 PM
Jul 2018
1. I think that has more to do with pacing if anything, and well believe me the manga has issues with that.

2. That's all within subjective opinion at the end of the day, which on it's own that's completely fine

(not gonna address 3 here since I just stated that's all within subjective opinion and taste)

4. I might have to disagree with you on that front, considering the serious arc in S1 serves as a reminder of character growth within the shows' cast of characters. As for the thing not deserving a conclusion... well, it is an ending of an arc, so it technically does need a conclusion or deserve to be a perfect ending point of the series considering some anime tend to end abruptly or with no continuation.

5. I think you might have missed the point as to why people even like Kaguya-sama. It's because despite the main premise being somewhat predictable in some other shows with mind-games, this doesn't usually go on a repeated cycle like tie, lose, etc. They usually end up going with a result differently. Even for the recent episode where Hanasaka lost and usually these types of stuff mainly revolve around Kaguya and Miyuki.

It's fine if you don't like the show, but it's entirely different when you call it one-dimensional when the end results can end differently depending on the characters engaging etc. And even then, the main meat of the show is how these results come into play, not the end result. People enjoy the comedy, the character, and everything about it because everything gets umped and ridiculous and that's why there's loads of people who happen to like the show a lot.

I'm not gonna say that your opinion is wrong here aside from one thing that is extremely debatable, but I will have to disagree with the notion with the stuff being listed here.
May 4, 2020 11:51 PM

Nov 2019
@ayaan692
@Waveshaper

Please show me when and where I brought up MAL's scoring system or the show current rating on MAL

I'm pretty sure I didn't, I just said I realize how popular it is in Japan and internationally so why would I b*tch about the score at this point, I merely gave my critique coz I'm just genuinely curious about why people like it, u both need to grow up

Now if you can't see the irony why I gave that one infamous hentai a 10/10 then that explains why you people assumes nonsensical things about someone you personally don't know
May 5, 2020 2:13 AM

Dec 2018
Comedy will always be subjective. What one person finds funny someone else might find it dull or boring.
May 5, 2020 3:08 PM

Sep 2019
sanlei said:
shuu-tsukiyama said:
sorry man, I've never really used bbcode so I didn't think about it, but I should've. I've changed it now so there won't be any more spoiled people.
again: sorry for spoiling you

You arent changing anything if you dont fix the quotes of it (also not sure why mods still havent fixed those). So fix those too.
you're right, I fixed it now (I think)
one piece
episode 321
15:46 (or 16:33)
you're welcome
May 5, 2020 8:56 PM

Mar 2018
The comedy just doesn’t vibe with you. That’s it really. People are being real mean to you about this, but I get it. Some thing are real funny to some people and totally unfunny to others. Personally I find it funny because I often grossly overthink basic social situations and can relate to the show on that level. I find humor in the over the top way that’s presented. Evidently you don’t. That’s all really. If you don’t think it’s funny, then you won’t like the show. Comedy is subjective.
May 6, 2020 6:27 AM
Dec 2019
Simply put, it’s an odd blend of every genre without any physical fighting. If I could compare this show to any other show’s episode, it’d be a more fleshed out version of “Let’s Go Eat Some Italian Food” from JoJo’s part 4. The comedy derives from the characters, their motivations, and their facial expressions to create a compelling narrative and is absolutely worth watching if you enjoy the exaggerated aspects of slapstick humor or can relate to the awkwardness of high school.
May 7, 2020 3:54 AM
Apr 2020
the comedy, the characters, the feels
May 7, 2020 4:14 AM
Sep 2018
Good humor and good character dynamics. Again It is entirely subjective so you have to try it out yourself. However a score of 8.8/10 indicates that most people enjoy the show, so there is a higher probability that you would enjoy it as well. But doesn't mean that you have to enjoy it. There really isn't anything I can say other than watch it yourself, or read the manga if you feel like it
May 9, 2020 10:05 AM
May 2019
I am on episode 3 of the first season and it's entertaining but right now this second season is ranked in the twenties on here and I find that a little insane lol I really hope it does get that good though
May 11, 2020 11:31 AM

Oct 2013
Alright folks, I finished Season 1 several minutes ago! ;) I liked it, even though romantic comedies belong to that type of genres I rather avoid and watch them really, really seldom.

It had some flaws and the biggest one was random dynamism, sometimes ridiculously fast or slow when something else happened on the screen. I don't think it was an error or something. Seeing how remarkably good the direction was in general, I think that style of pacing might've been intentional and I just didn't like it.

The best things about this anime were likeable characters and great direction. I liked it to a point of checking out Season 2. :)
May 11, 2020 11:41 AM

Jul 2019
Adnash93 said:
Alright folks, I finished Season 1 several minutes ago! ;) I liked it, even though romantic comedies belong to that type of genres I rather avoid and watch them really, really seldom.

It had some flaws and the biggest one was random dynamism, sometimes ridiculously fast or slow when something else happened on the screen. I don't think it was an error or something. Seeing how remarkably good the direction was in general, I think that style of pacing might've been intentional and I just didn't like it.

The best things about this anime were likeable characters and great direction. I liked it to a point of checking out Season 2. :)

Agreed, the best thing about the show were the characters
May 11, 2020 7:08 PM

Oct 2013
guych said:

In my case the way this anime was directed was its best element. Cool characters are important too, but are on the second place right after the direction. However, compared to Chihayafuru, characters are pretty generic and mediocre, but compared to most of animes they are quite alright. I'm curious how they are gonna develop in the future. I read about their character development being actually a thing in this anime, so I must keep on watching I guess. It will take some time before I, as anime-only, will be able to say some more about it or compare it fairly to Chihayafuru (its 1st season had twice more episodes than Kaguya-sama's first season).
May 11, 2020 7:16 PM

Jan 2020
Damn it another overrated thread
Хайде, хайде, хайде, това е първата зона, брато, първа зона, първа зона, добре, добре, добре, това става тук горе, отива тук горе, само спокойно, само спокойно... Ха, отдясно е, навсякъде отдясно отдясно къде е дясното ти о да добре добре добре тихо мълчаливо не успях да се съсредоточа върху това ЕХ ТЪПАК КОГАТО СИ БАВНО БАВНО ... ой е путката на моето момиче прасе куче, аз Чувствам се добре, о, мамо, *шамар*, какво е това госпожице татко-
May 11, 2020 7:35 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Adnash93 said:
guych said:
However, compared to Chihayafuru, characters are pretty generic and mediocre
Chihayafuru's characters are your basic archetypes that you can find in many of the shows. Although, Arata is quite different. Nonetheless, I wholeheartedly disagree that Chihayafuru has better characters than Kaguya-sama. Kaguya-sama's characters have their quirks as well as unlikeable traits, except maybe Miyuki, and that is a very strong point of the franchise. It really leaves space for character development.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
May 11, 2020 9:30 PM

Apr 2020
Absolutely nothing, highlighting the animation doesn't account because it has nothing too different compared to any other moe trash.
KatecofOct 22, 2020 5:42 PM
May 12, 2020 8:14 AM

Oct 2013
cchigu said:
Chihayafuru's characters are your basic archetypes that you can find in many of the shows. Although, Arata is quite different. Nonetheless, I wholeheartedly disagree that Chihayafuru has better characters than Kaguya-sama. Kaguya-sama's characters have their quirks as well as unlikeable traits, except maybe Miyuki, and that is a very strong point of the franchise. It really leaves space for character development.

Well that's your opinion. I judge what I see. Kaguya-sama's characters, as seen up until now by myself, are regular archetypes of a funny teddy bear (Fujiwara), a depressed weirdo (Ishigami), a smart guy (Shirogane), a tsundere (Shinomiya). Sure, Chihayafuru is similar in general and has well known archetypes as characters as well, however they are more complex than Kaguya-sama's ones and it is visible since they were introduced. So yeah, I can agree you can see archetypes everywhere, but small details are the main thing that differ them from mediocre, regular people and complex, quite original characters of a show. The biggest detail that cannot be considered as something insignificant is definitely a thing called character development. That's why I wrote that I refrain from any serious opinions about Kaguya-sama's characters, because it's, at least in my opinion, too early to say whether its character development is complex or not. And it's way, way too early to compare its characters with longer shows, like Chihayafuru in example.

@Nurguburu, it ain't a bait thread. I wanted to know whether it was worth to start watching Season 1 of this anime in order to check out Season 2 which has pretty high score as currently aired show.

@MarcusRomain, nope.

@Katecof, but the way it was directed was something fresh in that type of animes. Many styles used to express various emotions or situations in the anime were really well handled. But yeah, as for the animation in normal scenes (directed without much effects, just regular situations) and art in general, it doesn't differ from many moe animations out there. I can agree with that, lol.
May 12, 2020 10:51 AM

Apr 2020
Adnash93 said:
cchigu said:

Well that's your opinion. I judge what I see. Kaguya-sama's characters, as seen up until now by myself, are regular archetypes of a funny teddy bear (Fujiwara), a depressed weirdo (Ishigami), a smart guy (Shirogane), a tsundere (Shinomiya). Sure, Chihayafuru is similar in general and has well known archetypes as characters as well, however they are more complex than Kaguya-sama's ones and it is visible since they were introduced. So yeah, I can agree you can see archetypes everywhere, but small details are the main thing that differ them from mediocre, regular people and complex, quite original characters of a show. The biggest detail that cannot be considered as something insignificant is definitely a thing called character development. That's why I wrote that I refrain from any serious opinions about Kaguya-sama's characters, because it's, at least in my opinion, too early to say whether its character development is complex or not. And it's way, way too early to compare its characters with longer shows, like Chihayafuru in example.

@Nurguburu, it ain't a bait thread. I wanted to know whether it was worth to start watching Season 1 of this anime in order to check out Season 2 which has pretty high score as currently aired show.

@MarcusRomain, nope.

@Katecof, but the way it was directed was something fresh in that type of animes. Many styles used to express various emotions or situations in the anime were really well handled. But yeah, as for the animation in normal scenes (directed without much effects, just regular situations) and art in general, it doesn't differ from many moe animations out there. I can agree with that, lol.
I would not say that it was something “fresh”, it was striking, yes, but it has nothing different compared to animes like Kare Kano or FLCL, so I rate the animation as mediocre instead of bad ... but yes, I think, we agree on the essential stuff.
KatecofOct 22, 2020 5:39 PM
May 16, 2020 4:47 AM
TheCook

Jan 2013
kadabra89 said:

The amount of asshurt that oozes from this post is just hilariously amazing!
May 16, 2020 5:37 AM
Apr 2020
YggdraSEED said:
shubh_jain_2 said:

He is dense coz if he's not dense he would've realized Kaguya is in love with him the first 3 episodes of season 1

they both actually know they love each other
its just that they want to get confessed to instead of confessing themselves
thats the whole premise
so yeah i dont think he is dense
ayaan692May 16, 2020 5:40 AM
May 16, 2020 7:55 AM

Nov 2019
ayaan692 said:
YggdraSEED said:

thats the whole premise

Point is the romance is elementary level gives me kid's show vibe

Also if they really do know then that makes it even worse coz there's a lot of instances where it seems they don't know heck the fact that I didn't know until you guys told me despite me being as far as ep5 of S2 shows inconsistencies coz that fact has been retcond everytime the two main acts like elementary schooler in love, it's contradictory, it's just seems at this point that they're like that (bs pride) for the sake of it, screw realism
May 16, 2020 3:13 PM
Apr 2020
YggdraSEED said:
ayaan692 said:

thats the whole premise

Also if they really do know then that makes it even worse coz there's a lot of instances where it seems they don't know heck the fact that I didn't know until you guys told me despite me being as far as ep5 of S2 shows inconsistencies coz that fact has been retcond everytime the two main acts like elementary schooler in love, it's contradictory, it's just seems at this point that they're like that (bs pride) for the sake of it, screw realism

point is you claimed that he is dense which i answered you why he is not

this elementary stage of love makes sense for both since they never had any love interest before so obviously they would blush at small little things and behave immature at times.
actually showing this innocent love is much more interesting to watch than the
kuzu no honkai or domestic kanojo kind of "mature" romance
ayaan692May 16, 2020 3:16 PM
May 16, 2020 3:27 PM

Jan 2016
A somewhat unique plot, amazing comedy, consistent quality, characters with depth and development, great animation and direction, a solid soundtrack.

Honestly, I can't think of a more consistent manga/anime as Kaguya same in terms of humor and quality
May 16, 2020 4:35 PM
Jan 2018
There is nothing out of the box in this anime and its no where close to the top classics. Dont go my the ratings most mal ratings are mostly fan boys and haters.
Judge this show as a simple rom com anime not a mystery,action,thriller.
The good thing is that its a unique take on rom com genere. It mostly avoids too much slice of life bullshit. There is not much of a plot. Most episodes consists of 2 or 3 short stories involving some or all of the characters, some of them are funny imo but different people find different things funny so you might have to check that out for your self . Characters have quirks which are used pretty well to make the show enjoyable. Romance is ok,not a highlight. I enjoyed both seasons the same till now. Dont go by rating. Its just airing hype.
Subjectivity is a joke on MAL. If you implicitly bring in subjectivity in your counter argument, you've already lost the debate. Also this website is a fankid infestation , have pity on those kids by ignoring there quotes as they have absolutely no clue what exactly is going on.
May 16, 2020 5:26 PM
Nov 2016
This question same with "Why Kimetsu no Yaiba has a high score? even this anime is like a 'trash'"

An anime is worth it watching depends by the user, if you like this genre just watch it, if no skip it.

The score is just tell who watch and like this in this forum
May 16, 2020 6:45 PM

Nov 2019
ayaan692 said:
YggdraSEED said:

this elementary stage of love makes sense for both since they never had any love interest before so obviously they would blush at small little things and behave immature at times.

Okay so he's not dense, my point stands, they still won't confess for who knows how long the manga is gonna go probably 200+ chapters before one confesses or not until the manga is ending

And for them to be so genius they can't even let go of they pride wtf that's not being genius or smart at all that's being dumb, see it's contradictory, full of inconsistencies
May 16, 2020 6:46 PM

May 2015
YggdraSEED said:
ayaan692 said:

Okay so he's not dense, my point stands, they still won't confess for who knows how long the manga is gonna go probably 200+ chapters before one confesses or not until the manga is ending

And for them to be so genius they can't even let go of they pride wtf that's not being genius or smart at all that's being dumb, see it's contradictory, full of inconsistencies

You have no idea how wrong you are lol.

May 16, 2020 7:08 PM
Apr 2020
YggdraSEED said:
ayaan692 said:

lol thats not a contradiction at all
so because you are a genius you cant be prideful?
you know that a lot of geniuses have a lot of pride right?
they have valid reasons for not confessing
miyuki is money and social standing wise inferior to kaguya which is why he wants to get confessed to so they could date as equals (thats literally what he said in s2 episode 4)
kaguya is extremely shy and wants miyuki to take the first step(episode 1)
so its not just pride thats holding them back
they are not as one dimensional as you think
May 16, 2020 9:21 PM
Mar 2020
If you watch the first season, don't skip the ending with Chika doing her dance. That dance is a work of art itself, especially the skirt physics.
May 16, 2020 10:13 PM

Jun 2013
To be honest, I didn't like it at first. It was marketed as a "Death Note" style of high school romance and found most of the characters, except the goddess Chika, to be fucking annoying. However, as time went on and I rewatched it, I really liked it more. I still think some of the characters are annoying and the humor is hit or miss but with most high school romance series like this, you just need to turn your mind off in order to enjoy it.

Don't think too much, most Anime series whether it's romance, shonen, shoujo, etc. are meant to be enjoyed without much thinking. I'm not saying it's a stupid series without any thought or plot but if you think too much about everything then it becomes less enjoyable. On that note, if you don't like romance, high school settings or anything related to those two then steer away. Just because everyone else is watching it doesn't mean you should to. Just stick to the genres that you know you will enjoy.
臭い-
May 16, 2020 10:33 PM

Sep 2019
People who liked seems to not even know why is this good...
May 16, 2020 10:39 PM

Nov 2019
ayaan692 said:
YggdraSEED said:

lol thats not a contradiction at all
so because you are a genius you cant be prideful?
you know that a lot of geniuses have a lot of pride right?
they have valid reasons for not confessing
miyuki is money and social standing wise inferior to kaguya which is why he wants to get confessed to so they could date as equals (thats literally what he said in s2 episode 4)
kaguya is extremely shy and wants miyuki to take the first step(episode 1)
so its not just pride thats holding them back
they are not as one dimensional as you think

Meh I find it forced, dumb and childish, especially when they're in freaking highschool already, these level of romance is the kind you'd see in a kid's show, the two main acts like elementary schoolers, smh I'm done
May 17, 2020 2:18 AM
Feb 2019
People spouting nonsense such as no plot and no progress really should just pick up the manga and see for themselves before pretending they know more than the readers. Sometimes I just want to spoil the whole thing to shut them up.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2020

367 by Temho »»
May 14, 11:44 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2020

256 by sainazrb »»
May 9, 8:36 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Jun 20, 2020

665 by aoo-kun »»
Mar 31, 6:36 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2020

291 by kayiu102 »»
Feb 25, 12:15 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Stray - May 23, 2020

304 by ZeStark »»
Feb 21, 6:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.