Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Mar 14, 2020 11:59 PM

Aug 2015
This episode and Red Riot Unbreakable has been the only two I have enjoyed in this season, which speaks volumes of how bad it has been. Also, how the fuck does Gentle, a 4 episodes filler guy, was better constructed as a character than Overhaul?. Horikoshi is kinda weird sometimes.
Mar 15, 2020 12:40 AM
Jul 2018
James-LastOmnic said:
The main problem with Gentle is even if his ideals are somewhat pure and explained by his backstory such as Stain, he will be forgotten instantely right after this episode while Stain changed THE WHOLE UNIVERSE of My Hero Academia after his defeat.

The contrast between this episode and next one will be unbearable as for me, I don't think those 8 episodes were also worth waiting for this, it had some feels but once again cliche + melodrama cannot reach the greatness of a Izuku against Shoto and mostly All Might Vs All for One.

Your main problem with the fight is more of a positive than a negative. The whole point of Gentle's character is that he became a villain in attempt to fight his own inevitable irrelevancy and go down in history as one of the great villains, since society prevented him from becoming a great hero. But in the end he sacrifices his own dream and accepts the irrelevancy he was trying to escape for so long, so that he can save La Brava and the School Festival for Midoriya.

P.S. This fight had four episodes of build up not eight.
Mar 15, 2020 1:37 AM

Jun 2015
Bruh that was a sad ep.
Mar 15, 2020 2:22 AM

Jul 2014
I don't really get the love for this episode that I'm seeing in these comments. How am I supposed to get invested in a fight with basically no stakes? I also find Gentle Criminal's reasons for becoming a villain to be pretty weak. You failed the hero exam and decided to become a villain because a classmate didn't recognize you? Seriously? Its like he's the kiddie version of Stain.

I found this episode to be immensely boring and uninteresting.
SithSteelMar 15, 2020 2:29 AM
Mar 15, 2020 2:24 AM
Feb 2019
This was a great episode, this is probably the best or 2nd best episode of this season.

It had some cliches thing going on though like "La Brava" getting depressed after being rejected by 1 guy in school, come on now... in schools people get rejected all the time, it's a normal thing. It would have been more believable if the manga/anime showed "La Brava" getting rejected multiple times in her whole life while growing up and losing her parents in the process on a car accident or something... if that happened her reasons to be depressed and going into "Villain Mode" was going to be more believable, the way it was handled in the manga/anime just felt too cliché for me.

Gentle Criminal was handled better with the backstory because it showed him becoming a failure from the beginning and as time goes on he was still a failure and his friends didn't even recognized him so yeah, his purpose and motivation for becoming a "Villain" was better than "La Brava".

Still, it was a pretty good episode, too bad the season is already ending and I only enjoyed like 3 or 4 episodes at best here, the rest of the episodes were mediocre.

So far this season is a 6.5 or 7 out of 10 for me.
Resus-2Mar 15, 2020 2:29 AM
Mar 15, 2020 2:24 AM

May 2019
Damn that was really interesting. Gentle seems like an amazing character; I hope he sticks around.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Mar 15, 2020 2:27 AM

Jul 2014
Kami_sama_ said:
James-LastOmnic said:
The main problem with Gentle is even if his ideals are somewhat pure and explained by his backstory such as Stain, he will be forgotten instantely right after this episode while Stain changed THE WHOLE UNIVERSE of My Hero Academia after his defeat.

The contrast between this episode and next one will be unbearable as for me, I don't think those 8 episodes were also worth waiting for this, it had some feels but once again cliche + melodrama cannot reach the greatness of a Izuku against Shoto and mostly All Might Vs All for One.

Your main problem with the fight is more of a positive than a negative. The whole point of Gentle's character is that he became a villain in attempt to fight his own inevitable irrelevancy and go down in history as one of the great villains, since society prevented him from becoming a great hero. But in the end he sacrifices his own dream and accepts the irrelevancy he was trying to escape for so long, so that he can save La Brava and the School Festival for Midoriya.

P.S. This fight had four episodes of build up not eight.

What? How did society cause this guy to become a villain? He wasn't "forced" into it by abusive authority figures or even manipulated into it by a mentor. His path to villainhood was solely the result of his own actions and failures.

I also don't remember him giving a damn about the school festival. In fact, he specifically said, multiple times, that he didn't care about it.
Mar 15, 2020 2:51 AM
Feb 2019
SithSteel said:
I also find Gentle Criminal's reasons for becoming a villain to be pretty weak. You failed the hero exam and decided to become a villain because a classmate didn't recognize you? Seriously? Its like he's the kiddie version of Stain.

To be fair, the reasons for "Gentle Criminal" for becoming a villain is indeed weak but I could try to find some excuses for it, however, the reasons for "La Brava" for becoming a villain was weak and on this one I can't find any excuses.

My excuses:

"Gentle Criminal": The story showed him as a failure from the beginning and as time moved on he was still a failure to the point where his friends didn't even recognized him (it was only 1 friend but it would have been better if it showed plenty of his friends not recognizing him), also, he indirectly almost caused the death of a civilian by trying to help him (it would have been better if the civilian died), his parents disown him and probably kicked him out of the house, we can just assume that life wasn't working for him so he decided to take action and do something different, he brainwashed himself to have a "new persona" and become a good villain and once this happened things started working better for him.

IMHO It would have been better if it showed him having a "suicidal" mentality and to overcome that mentality he decided to change his persona to become a villain. My excuses are bad but I can at least try to find two or three for him.

"La Brava": I can't find excuses for this one, getting depressed after being rejected by 1 guy in school is a normal thing. It would have been more believable if the manga/anime showed "La Brava" getting rejected multiple times in her whole life while growing up and losing her parents in the process on a car accident or something... if that happened her reasons to be depressed and going into "Villain Mode" was going to be more believable, the way it was handled in the manga/anime just felt too cliché for me.
Mar 15, 2020 3:16 AM

Jun 2013
I feel bad for both of them
Mar 15, 2020 4:00 AM

May 2015
Gentle wasn't so gentle in this episode.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Mar 15, 2020 4:02 AM

Aug 2012
im reminded again that "Hero" is in the title. Of course the villain doesn't win. Villain never wins. League of Jobbers forever.
Mar 15, 2020 4:26 AM

Nov 2019
And here I thought my disappointment for My Cringe Academia is already maxed out, La Brava's quirk is the biggest BS I've ever seen of this show lmao
Mar 15, 2020 4:56 AM

Dec 2015
The author tried so hard to make me care about these villains but with pretty much cliche background. Also, La Brava quirk was so dumb.

After the episode ended, I thought from now on things would get better, but remembered they are gonna make that festival. Can't wait for the cringe musical performance.

Seriously, what happened to that MHA when you actually felt tension throughout the episode? Scenes like All for One showing up for the first time seems to be so distant from the reality of the show today.
Mar 15, 2020 5:02 AM
Jan 2020
2 minute cliche tragic backstory presented with sad music happens.
Anime fans= Omg such writing! This character got so deep.
Mar 15, 2020 5:11 AM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
I actually felt pretty sad watching this ep. Gentle and La Brava both have a great back story. In short, the society they live in protected by hero ain't that great. Rather than hero as the best job everyone should pursuit for, the system (specifically toward bullying) need to be change to prevent downfall which creates villain. There are stereotype and discrimination. Literally, you won't ever get recognize if you commit crime unintentionally as shown in this ep. The society in this series would push you down and vandalize your house. What's worst is Deku is acting the same and look at the villian the same way which is kinda scary (similar to that of an obsessed yandere) the way the ep presented to us. Once a villain/criminal, that status stuck with them forever :/
My questions of the day: What's make someone a villain in this series? The crime they committed intentionally/unintentionally? Self-proclaimed as villain?
Fuwa_sanMar 15, 2020 5:22 AM
Mar 15, 2020 5:29 AM

Sep 2014
botomonogatari said:
Comander-07 said:
I was actually rooting for Gentle and La Brava here. But of course generic shounen MC wins.
Though I have to say their reasoning was weak. "I will change society" turned into "I want a wikipedia page".

Now for generic school festival. Im sure that one could just be skipped.

Overall this could have been better if the story behind it was better, while Overhaul should have been better executed.

It's almost as if you missed the point of this whole cour
Its totally like I dont care
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Mar 15, 2020 6:57 AM

May 2016
Am I the only one who felt Midoriya was the criminal here?

The Gentlest Gentleman, and that backstory had me on tears.... º·(˚ ˃̣̣̥⌓˂̣̣̥ )‧º

Piromysl said:
Gentle is totally the best MHA villain. Not even joking.

Well said my fellow Rita cult brother.
Mar 15, 2020 8:27 AM

Sep 2017
F in the chat for Gentle. I enjoyed this a lot more than the overhaul bs.
Mar 15, 2020 9:12 AM

Mar 2010
Gentle feels as if we will all end up like him, chasing a dream to only be crushed. perhaps the best example of reality.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 15, 2020 9:50 AM
EDM ❤

May 2012
Good fight animation, that's all for this season.
Mar 15, 2020 10:57 AM

Aug 2010
People are saying that the past of Gentle and La Brava should be "worse" to justify they turning into vilains, but I guess their reasons are pretty convincing because they aren't bad. They are villains that have an ideology like "we do bad things only for the sake of justice".

Gentle steals only the stores he thinks are bad and La Brava only films it. They even say that it isn't normal that Gentle is fighting because he hates violence...

I think that if they had "worse" backgrounds they would be more violent and disturbed villains.
Mar 15, 2020 11:02 AM

Jul 2014
Resus-2 said:
SithSteel said:
I also find Gentle Criminal's reasons for becoming a villain to be pretty weak. You failed the hero exam and decided to become a villain because a classmate didn't recognize you? Seriously? Its like he's the kiddie version of Stain.

To be fair, the reasons for "Gentle Criminal" for becoming a villain is indeed weak but I could try to find some excuses for it, however, the reasons for "La Brava" for becoming a villain was weak and on this one I can't find any excuses.

My excuses:

"Gentle Criminal": The story showed him as a failure from the beginning and as time moved on he was still a failure to the point where his friends didn't even recognized him (it was only 1 friend but it would have been better if it showed plenty of his friends not recognizing him), also, he indirectly almost caused the death of a civilian by trying to help him (it would have been better if the civilian died), his parents disown him and probably kicked him out of the house, we can just assume that life wasn't working for him so he decided to take action and do something different, he brainwashed himself to have a "new persona" and become a good villain and once this happened things started working better for him.

IMHO It would have been better if it showed him having a "suicidal" mentality and to overcome that mentality he decided to change his persona to become a villain. My excuses are bad but I can at least try to find two or three for him.

"La Brava": I can't find excuses for this one, getting depressed after being rejected by 1 guy in school is a normal thing. It would have been more believable if the manga/anime showed "La Brava" getting rejected multiple times in her whole life while growing up and losing her parents in the process on a car accident or something... if that happened her reasons to be depressed and going into "Villain Mode" was going to be more believable, the way it was handled in the manga/anime just felt too cliché for me.

I'd still find those reasons for becoming a villain to be weak or, at the very least, something I can't really sympathize with without some external force convincing him that becoming a villain is actually a good thing. Either that or giving him a backstory that shows he was rather indifferent to the whole idea of justice from the start. I dunno. The backstories for the mini bosses in the Overhaul arc were more compelling to me than Gentle Criminal's own backstory. Heck, maybe they should have just given him a Robin Hood-type of persona. Even if all he cared about was the fame, he at least could have done some things that endeared him to the wretches and downtrodden of society.

As for La Brava, ironically, I find her backstory to be slightly more relatable than GC's. Its still a little nonsensical, like you said, but the idea of having a vulnerable young girl falling in love with a villain and seeking him out actually makes more sense to me.

Maybe the issue for me is that GC is clearly portrayed as a "good villain", as you put it, even though he's done nothing to really deserve that image. People in this thread were talking about how Midoriya (a character whom I don't have much love for, by the way) was being selfish for stopping GC from achieving his [strike]idiotic[/strike] dream. I'm just sitting here thinking about how anyone could possibly think that. In what way could it possibly be admirable for a thirty-something year old man to sneak into a high school? This line of thinking just makes no sense to me.

I also can't get past how his response to nearly killing someone is to become a criminal. Just, what? Ugh. Its so dumb.
Mar 15, 2020 11:31 AM

Jul 2014
Gyeferson said:
People are saying that the past of Gentle and La Brava should be "worse" to justify they turning into vilains, but I guess their reasons are pretty convincing because they aren't bad. They are villains that have an ideology like "we do bad things only for the sake of justice".

Gentle steals only the stores he thinks are bad and La Brava only films it. They even say that it isn't normal that Gentle is fighting because he hates violence...

I think that if they had "worse" backgrounds they would be more violent and disturbed villains.

I'm assuming that you are referring to me and my comment about Gentle Criminal's backstory. My thing is that his backstory is just not compelling. He nearly kills someone and his answer to this life-altering incident (for both parties) is to become a criminal? That just doesn't make any sense to me. He wasn't being falsely accused of a crime he didn't commit. He wasn't forced into a confession by some corrupt cop. No understandable bridge is provided to explain this change in circumstances.

If he'd been portrayed as the kind of guy who was on an ego trip and felt wronged by his school for not "recognizing his genius" simply because he failed a "meaningless" exam then his turn would make more sense to me. His backstory didn't need to be "worse", as you put it. It just needed to make more sense and provide an actually compelling reason for why he went from wanting to become a hero to being a villain. He doesn't need to be an unhinged murderer to be interesting.

As for La Brava, her backstory is actually a little compelling. A lonely, vulnerable, and depressed girl falls into a life of crime? That is way more understandable than the backstory of Gentle Criminal.

I don't see how that's Gentle Criminal and La Brava's so-called ideology. They don't help the downtrodden like Robin Hood. They do it or, really, Gentle Criminal does it for Internet fame. He's said over and over that that is why he does what he does. Certainly, La Brava hasn't shown any inclination of wanting to help people. I dunno, maybe I'm missing something or have forgotten some crucial part of this arc.

What, exactly, did that store from earlier in the arc do to justify being robbed? I don't remember.

Personally, I don't think having a worse backstory necessarily means that he has to be a more disturbed person. I'm not suggesting they needed to make him the victim of abusive parents or whatever, but it would have been a better explanation for why he gave up on his dreams than what we were given.
Mar 15, 2020 11:50 AM
Mar 2015
Nice back stories for Gentle and La Brava
Mar 15, 2020 11:59 AM

Sep 2013
That was a good episode!
Mar 15, 2020 12:07 PM

Mar 2014
Gentle and La brava backstory is very dramatic and touching
Mar 15, 2020 1:01 PM

Aug 2010
I really don't like Gentle Criminal, I just don't think his motivations are nonsense. I understand your point of view and I just want to show mine. Sorry if it looks like I am overreacting.

SithSteel said:
I'm assuming that you are referring to me and my comment about Gentle Criminal's backstory. My thing is that his backstory is just not compelling. He nearly kills someone and his answer to this life-altering incident (for both parties) is to become a criminal? That just doesn't make any sense to me. He wasn't being falsely accused of a crime he didn't commit. He wasn't forced into a confession by some corrupt cop. No understandable bridge is provided to explain this change in circumstances.

Yes! Nearly kills someone when you are studying and trying your hardest to be a hero is a very convincing life-altering incident. He wanted to save people and everyone said he didn't have the capacity. He failed exams and the first time he tried to be of any help, he injured the dude and prevented a hero to save him. He saw that he didn't have aptitude to be a hero.

SithSteel said:
If he'd been portrayed as the kind of guy who was on an ego trip and felt wronged by his school for not "recognizing his genius" simply because he failed a "meaningless" exam then his turn would make more sense to me. His backstory didn't need to be "worse", as you put it. It just needed to make more sense and provide an actually compelling reason for why he went from wanting to become a hero to being a villain. He doesn't need to be an unhinged murderer to be interesting.

I guess that if it were worse, maybe he would turn in a greater treat. But he turned in a small villain that has a youtube channel which makes sense to me. He suffered a trauma and it is hard to negate that.

It is like you wanting to be an race pilot and accidentally run over a person. You don't need to kill the person to abandon your life dream, this accident can be enough to make you traumatized. You would put a person six months in the hospital beacuse your inability to drive. How can you feel that you are capable of driving? How can you feel that you have the right to keep driving?

SithSteel said:
As for La Brava, her backstory is actually a little compelling. A lonely, vulnerable, and depressed girl falls into a life of crime? That is way more understandable than the backstory of Gentle Criminal.

Just adding that she saw Gentle's video and got inspired by him. (I really don't know why kkkkk but they showed that she got inspired...) So she dedicated her life for him when she saw that her admiration was corresponded. (Gentle paint his eyes to simulate her dark circles and treats her gently and politely)

SithSteel said:
I don't see how that's Gentle Criminal and La Brava's so-called ideology. They don't help the downtrodden like Robin Hood. They do it or, really, Gentle Criminal does it for Internet fame. He's said over and over that that is why he does what he does. Certainly, La Brava hasn't shown any inclination of wanting to help people. I dunno, maybe I'm missing something or have forgotten some crucial part of this arc.

He justifies in some manner why he does the things he does.

You can disagree with his morals, but he shows an ideology for the things he does. If it isn't for a greater cause, it is for the feelings of La Brava.

SithSteel said:
What, exactly, did that store from earlier in the arc do to justify being robbed? I don't remember.

SithSteel said:
Personally, I don't think having a worse backstory necessarily means that he has to be a more disturbed person. I'm not suggesting they needed to make him the victim of abusive parents or whatever, but it would have been a better explanation for why he gave up on his dreams than what we were given.

In my opinion, the display of his inability of acheving being a hero (four times disapproved of the exam and causing an accident because tried to save a person) plus the rejecting of their parents and being forgotten by his friend are enough explanation for him giving up of being a hero. Trying to find a solution, he found that book.
But I understand your point. Maybe some people can overcome those events easily. Maybe it isn't enough to drive him desperate.

Really... I don't like Gentle tha much, I just think that he has reasonable motivations. He is a better vilain than Overhaul that only wants to impress a dude that he almost killed whe he tried to prevent him...
Mar 15, 2020 1:09 PM
Feb 2019
SithSteel said:
I'd still find those reasons for becoming a villain to be weak or, at the very least, something I can't really sympathize with without some external force convincing him that becoming a villain is actually a good thing. Either that or giving him a backstory that shows he was rather indifferent to the whole idea of justice from the start. I dunno. The backstories for the mini bosses in the Overhaul arc were more compelling to me than Gentle Criminal's own backstory. Heck, maybe they should have just given him a Robin Hood-type of persona. Even if all he cared about was the fame, he at least could have done some things that endeared him to the wretches and downtrodden of society.

As for La Brava, ironically, I find her backstory to be slightly more relatable than GC's. Its still a little nonsensical, like you said, but the idea of having a vulnerable young girl falling in love with a villain and seeking him out actually makes more sense to me.

Maybe the issue for me is that GC is clearly portrayed as a "good villain", as you put it, even though he's done nothing to really deserve that image. People in this thread were talking about how Midoriya (a character whom I don't have much love for, by the way) was being selfish for stopping GC from achieving his [strike]idiotic[/strike] dream. I'm just sitting here thinking about how anyone could possibly think that. In what way could it possibly be admirable for a thirty-something year old man to sneak into a high school? This line of thinking just makes no sense to me.

I also can't get past how his response to nearly killing someone is to become a criminal. Just, what? Ugh. Its so dumb.

My excuses and his behavior for becoming a "good criminal" are indeed bad, I agree, he needed to have a better motivation for becoming a villain (like the one I pointed out in having a "suicidal" mentality and to change that mentality he needed to have a "new persona" or something...), it just appear that we are approaching this with a different perspective, while his motivation in becoming a "good criminal" was dumb I can see it in another perspective and say that life wasn't working for him and the way things were going he would end up becoming a nobody in the future so he wanted to be some sort of celebrity and get some attention but yeah, he needed a better reason for his behavior.

SithSteel said:

I agree, my excuse for this one is that he didn't necessarily become a criminal because of that but that scene added on his depression and since life wasn't working for him he got even more desperate for his persona change.

Well that's it for me, no more excuses now, if the backstories was handled better I wouldn't be inventing excuses. Still, it was an enjoyable episode for me on this mediocre season.
Mar 15, 2020 2:09 PM

May 2015
This was a much better episode than what most of season 4 has offered. I like how its less focused on typical villains and more of relationships and life choices of Gentle Criminal. You could genuinely sympathise with him and his situation. Its interesting to see a hero type moment with people cheering for him despite him being the villain. I like both Gentle Criminal and his acomplice.

Its interesting to see the parralels between Deku and Gentle Criminal in the fact that they both gave up on their dream of becoming a Hero and Deku just coincidentally had the right push to continue his dream while GC didnt. His push then came in the opposite direction with the girl liking his plans.

Honestly thought season 4 overall was pretty weak but these last few episodes have been pretty decent. Shame its over so soon.
DarknessRealityMar 15, 2020 2:13 PM
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 15, 2020 2:22 PM
Jun 2017
La Brava and Gentle best villains
Hollweg said:
Piromysl said:
Gentle is totally the best MHA villain. Not even joking.

This one hundred times. Gentle and La Brava are better than all past villains combined.

this is amazing
Fire Emblem anime when
Mar 15, 2020 2:55 PM

Apr 2013
La Brava's skill is literally Sister Nana's skill in MahoIku, powering up the person she loves, interesting.
Mar 15, 2020 10:12 PM
Feb 2015
Comander-07 said:
botomonogatari said:

It's almost as if you missed the point of this whole cour
Its totally like I dont care

It's totally like you're ignorant
Mar 15, 2020 10:18 PM

Jun 2015
Why does kendo's voice actor sound like a fucking baby?
Read Toriko!
Mar 15, 2020 10:32 PM

Jun 2015
I can't believe they made Gentle so fucking wack. This was supposed to be the best season of My Hero and yet somehow Bones has turned it into the worst. This sucks.
Read Toriko!
Mar 15, 2020 11:08 PM

Mar 2018
I've said it multiple times but I'll say it again, Gentle best MHA villain so far...
Mar 16, 2020 1:17 AM
May 2019
This was a much better episode, an upgrade from the first part of Deku and Gentle's fight which I found a bit lackluster. This one had much more interesting elements.

Gentle's backstory makes me sooooo angry! What an unfortunate dude. I still feel like his motivation is damn backwards, though. "Don't take away my happiness/my light" vibes while completely ignoring others.

I mean, I guess that's what characterizes a villian, though.

Also, someone please enlighten me. La Brava is HOW old *young*?
Mar 16, 2020 2:55 AM
Feb 2015
CondemneDio said:
What a disappointment.
The fight was a joke.

Me meathead, me like punch and kick
Mar 16, 2020 3:12 AM

Jan 2013
botomonogatari said:
CondemneDio said:
What a disappointment.
The fight was a joke.

The fights are the only redeeming quality of the show from the start, so if that gets fucked up, there's nothing left.
Mar 16, 2020 3:22 AM
Feb 2015
CondemneDio said:
botomonogatari said:

The fights are the only redeeming quality of the show from the start, so if that gets fucked up, there's nothing left.

Yeah nothing, not interesting worldbuilding, fun characters, good animation. Yup, nothing else
Mar 16, 2020 3:43 AM

Jul 2017
The battle between Gentle and La Brava duo and Deku doesn't stop, not until one side is laid on defeat. And knowing Deku's character towards villains, he is the type who won't relent.

It's both happy and sad to see La Brava brave her courage towards Gentle Criminal, as the man who acknowledges her presence and love, being her Quirk, is the most essential ever.

To Gentle, to achieve his dream, he cannot stop trampling on others' dreams, even if his actions were meant for good that ended with him being maligned (just like Stain's ideals to change the Hero Society status quo). Throughout all the main villains, I can safely say that both of them are truly acting their part as heroes of a broken world.

Now I see why Gentle and La Brava are more than just the average villain antagonists, they're interesting for trying to achieve their dreams as good people, but with society rejecting them, they're forced to be villains (and that is just sad).

What a great episode, but sadly this is their demise.
KANLen09Mar 16, 2020 3:48 AM
Mar 16, 2020 3:50 AM

Oct 2016
Who is going to make a move next? The psychopath from the Villain League?
Mar 16, 2020 8:40 PM

Apr 2014
A show featuring a hero trying to prevent a big, fun gathering from being cancelled is exactly what I need while being quarantined.
Mar 16, 2020 10:15 PM

Feb 2015
Well, that was a quick fight, I didn’t expect Gentle’s screen time to finish too early. To be honest, La Brava’s quirk wasn’t that interesting. We had both backstories, La Brava’s backstory was very lame, but Gentle’s backstory was the frustrated hero’s one, what happened to him in his youth was horrible demotivating.
Mar 17, 2020 3:01 AM

Apr 2016
phantomfandom said:
the falling victim that Gentle try to help is the classic reason on why helping without license/authorization is prohibited in this world, and that is why vigilante is illegal (and has its own story), because Deku class members are wondering why they can't just go out and help people.

The problem is that it has taken almost an entire four seasons for the show to actually explain this to the audience, and the explanation we are shown in this episode is highly circumstantial. It's only because the flying hero went down under and came up at THAT EXACT ANGLE at THAT EXACT TIME that the flying hero bumped into the barrier. Furthermore, Gentle cast the barrier before he had any idea there would be an actual pro hero arriving. At the time, Gentle was operating under the correct belief that the guy would die in the next few seconds and he had quirk at his disposal that was well suited to the situation. If this is supposed to be the explanation that makes us go "oh yeah, people shouldn't be using their quirks to save people unless they are licensed", it's an incredibly weak argument.
Mar 17, 2020 2:52 PM

Jun 2011
MegamiRem said:
This was cliche and boring. Also the bgm was killing the flashbacks.

fr, and both backstory shallow af...
Mar 17, 2020 4:13 PM
Jul 2011
The joke villain ends up being the best thing to happen this season.
Better build up and turn out than Overhaul who was supposed to be the main event.
Mar 17, 2020 9:17 PM

Sep 2018
wahh!! La Brava makes me cry!! Please don't hurt her huhuhu she's so cute and innocent T-------T
Mar 18, 2020 12:52 AM
Dec 2009
botomonogatari said:
Kerozinn said:
Did Midoriya say Gentle was harder to fight than anyone EVER UNTIL NOW or am i hallucinating?

Not in a physical way, but in a moral sense. Deku could connect with Gentle, which made this fight emotionally tough for him.

My thoughts exactly.

This has to have been the best filler episode in the history to filler episodes so far!
Mar 18, 2020 6:04 AM
Dec 2017
twoego said:
Certainly it was a hard, good fight! A pretty nice backstory that made me almost want to root for Gentle.

I wasn't a fan of the Gentle/La Brava duo and considered them to be the some of the more forgettable villains. As a result of this episode and comments like these, I'm convinced that there's more to appreciate about them though.
I don't think they had the most in-depth or creative backstories, but after not being particularly excited for the past month or so of this season, it's nice to be invested again.
prospektmyraMar 18, 2020 7:45 AM
Mar 18, 2020 7:45 AM
Mar 2019
I really didn't like Gentle and La Brava at first; but seeing their backstories really changed my perception of these characters. They have a very unique relationship. However; there is a bit of a filler-ey vibe to this arc and I don't think I can agree with the people in this thread saying this arc is better than the Overhaul arc.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2020

464 by bubba460z »»
Apr 11, 4:28 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2020

158 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 1, 9:35 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2020

233 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 1, 8:50 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2020

128 by WolfWood37 »»
Mar 31, 9:40 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 29, 2020

122 by WolfWood37 »»
Mar 31, 9:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.