Forum Settings
Forums

What anime are you most looking forward to watching in the future?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 25, 2019 2:12 PM

Jan 2017
To nobodies surprise Toaru Kagaku no Railgun 3
Sep 25, 2019 3:59 PM

Oct 2008
Mushoku Tensei it's one of my top 5 manga and getting an adaptation is a joy like no other for me, now all they have to do is not f**k up in addapting it.
SofiaBulgaOct 8, 2019 7:53 AM
Sep 25, 2019 4:02 PM
Sep 2018
runway de waratte looks very promising,
hitman reborn and bleach continuations because of their respective manga's finishing,
Sep 25, 2019 5:49 PM

Aug 2018
Fucking Railgun Season 3!
Im waitin for that anime i hope its good as Railgun S or better
J.C Staff don't mess the Daihasei Festival Arc

Also Komi san anime adaptation pls
Then last season of Oregairu!
SOP-IISep 25, 2019 5:52 PM
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Sep 25, 2019 5:51 PM
Jul 2018
Three most anticipated (confirmed) releases are probably

- Made in Abyss season 2
- The Promised Neverland season 2
- Madoka Magica: Magia Record
Sep 25, 2019 6:32 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Sailor Moon Eternal - cuz I'm a huge Sailor Moon junkie
(also waiting for eventual sequel that covers the Stars arc)

Magia Record: Madoka Gaiden - the game is okay but I generally just love Madoka
(also waiting for the eventual sequel to Rebellion)

Maesetsu - ...what I liked Lucky Star

Ojamajo Doremi Movie: Searching for Witch Apprentices - loved the first season of Ojamajo Doremi, still need to watch the rest of the seasons but wow more Ojamajo Doremi and more of Junichi Sato's directing! Yay!!

Somali and the Forest Spirit - I actually don't know much about the original manga, but I heard that Ikuko Ito of Sailor Moon SuperS and Princess Tutu fame is working on it
Sep 25, 2019 6:34 PM

Sep 2016
3-gatsu no Lion's third season. Only thing i'm even remotely excited for.

ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜꜱᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ'ꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴀꜱɪᴇꜱᴛ ᴡᴀy ᴛᴏ ᴋᴇᴇᴩ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ɢᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ʜᴜʀᴛ
yᴏᴜ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇᴅ yᴏᴜʀꜱᴇʟꜰ
yᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴀʟʟ yᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀɴᴅ yᴏᴜ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ʟᴇᴀʀɴᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʟɪᴋᴇ yᴏᴜʀꜱᴇʟꜰ
Sep 25, 2019 6:42 PM

Apr 2017
Well.. War of Underworld, Re:Zero 2 mainly.

Also Haruhi sequel and Hunter x Hunter... yeah... cries

EDIT: Heck almost forgot OreGairu 3
Sep 25, 2019 8:09 PM

Dec 2017
Brand New Animal, Yoh Yoshinari + Kazuki Nakashima sounds interesting

Why don’t we become monsters and really mess up this awful world? Just destroy until there’s no more evil, no more sadness, no more anything…
Wouldn’t that be great?

Sep 25, 2019 8:12 PM

Dec 2012
Sign me up for:

Plus a bunch of others, some of those may have released already but I have yet to see them yet. I really need to sit down and search for some some of that to watch so I can shrink the PTW list a little.
KruszerSep 25, 2019 8:24 PM
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Sep 25, 2019 8:54 PM

Aug 2016
JoJo Parts 6 and 7.

If it has to be out of the announced ones then,

GiTS SAC 2045 and Made in Abyss 3
Sep 25, 2019 10:09 PM
Jul 2018
From TV shows: Dorohedoro/Akira/Pluto and Chikyuugai Shounen Shoujo. GITS SAC 2045 and Great Pretender really depends on trailer.
Sep 25, 2019 11:04 PM

Jun 2014
Any yaoi and shounen ai anime in the future.
Sep 26, 2019 12:59 AM

Mar 2016
Evangelion 3.0+1.0 and the third Heaven's Feel movie.
Sep 26, 2019 2:13 AM

Mar 2018
New seasons for Haikyu. Food Wars, Made in Abyss, the Violet Evergarden movie,YoI movie, maybe, maybe a new season of Hibike and Free but that is really up in the air.
Sep 26, 2019 2:22 AM

Jan 2019
Someones gotta be hyped for the comfort of the second season of Yuru Camp.
"WHERE DAT SUNFLOWER BOI AT?"

Sep 26, 2019 2:25 AM
Tail On!

Aug 2018
Adachi to Shimamura, looks like the cutest and most wholesome yuri ever.
Sep 29, 2019 10:51 AM

Jan 2017
Superns18 said:
Monarch9 said:
not in any specific order

haikyuu s4
re:zero s2
slime isekai s2
promissed neverland s2
made in abyss s2 (movie)
attack on titan s4
cells at work s2
zombieland saga s2
uzumaki

it kinda seems like haikyuu blew up(at least on twitter and facebook) like overnight. I swear I had never heard of it before this season.

Monarch9 said:
not in any specific order

haikyuu s4
re:zero s2
slime isekai s2
promissed neverland s2
made in abyss s2 (movie)
attack on titan s4
cells at work s2
zombieland saga s2
uzumaki

All great picks, I'm gonna read the Uzumaki manga before it airs hopefully, excited for Re zero 2 as well and to see what fans think of the authors decisions.

BallisticRiot said:
Chihayafuru 3, Oregairu Season 3, hopefully Kimetsu no Yaiba season 2.

Of course there's a lot of anime I want, but those are probably my top 3 for now

no hopefully, there will 10000000 percent be a KNY season 2, it's the biggest anime of the year here in Japan.

hazecloud said:
Every isekai ever even though for this summer 2019 I can agree with people criticizing the quality of these isekai. I would praise at least give me more arifureta level of enjoyment but they cut content like ain't nobody got time for that.

Just read the LN's bro, the anime isn't worth saving.

epicyarnboy said:
i guess its the reincarnate as a spider LN anime adaption, but i feel like its gonna end up like arifureta

I hope not, I think it won't be that popular tho because of isekai fatigue
TeriTeri said:
I am still waiting for No game no life and Noragami sequels though..

not gonna happen buddy, not enough source material for NGNL

AlphaOmegaKnight said:
For me, it's Yu-Gi-Oh 7 and Precure 2020

no shit? People still watch Yugioh? That's what's up.

jasotaku said:
- Toaru Kagaku no Railgun season 3

- Attack on Titan season 4

- Re:zero season 2

is TPN season 2 confirmed? I wonder how far up in the manga they'll get

Tsarko said:
There a lot but here are few:

Attack on Titan Season 4 - Everything that should be in this season has been amazing so far. Just hope manga gets a good ending.

Uzumaki - This can go either way, but staff revealed so far and the teaser give me hope

Ghost in the Shell: SAC_2045 - It's 3DCG so it has good chances of turning out not looking good, but it's also Production I.G x Sola Digital Arts so it has a potential of looking great too. Guess I will have to wait and see. Kenji Kamiyama is also returning. True that he hasn't done much good stuff since Eden of the East but hopefully he still has it in him. Anyway, I will always be excited for GitS as it's my favorite anime franchise.

Fate/Grand Order Camelot movies - my favorite F/GO singularity and I can't wait to see what will Production I.G do with it.

Shika no Ou - Adaptation of the Nahoko Uehashi's novel. I deem both Seirei no Moribito and Erin as masterpieces and those are her stories, too. Also, apparently some good staff had been gathered for this movie which makes me even more excited.

Orbital Era - An original movie by Otomo and Sunrise. Should be great.

Akira - Full adaptation of Akira manga by Sunrise, of course one would be excited for that.

Pluto - Great manga, hoping for a great anime. That short teaser released some months ago looked great.

Chikyuugai Shounen Shoujo - Original anime set in space by one and only Mitsuo Iso and character designs by Yoshida.

aren't they doing a live action Akira as well? Is it an anniversary or something coming up?

Fiction-Lord said:
Uzumaki
Akira
Oregairu S3
the fall looks depressing...

good, will match my mood and birth month.

Klad said:
I'm pretty excited for the Akira anime

when is that dropping

andreapm said:
i mean call me a furry all you want but ever since beastars was announced i have only heard people talk wonders about the manga and that's getting me pretty interested

hey, it's ok, embrace it lol

tachibanashana said:
Haikyuu Sequels, SAO Underworld, and Chihayafuru S3 for now

ayyyy another Underworld guy, can't wait to see vol 17 adapted.

Nurguburu said:
A lot.

Given Movie.

AOT Season 4.

BNHA Season 4.

Pluto.

never heard of Pluto, seems interesting

Mirai said:
The Made in Abyss sequel. I love the arc it's covering, and more best dad Bondrewd.

Final season of AoT. Looking forward to see the conclusion after all these years. Also the show has just been getting better and better so I have quite high expectations.

And ofc, all the JoJo parts not animated yet. Especially part 6. Need to see my girl Jolyne in fully animated glory. And the final fight, god it's gonna be good.

man, thinking of SNK ending just makes me wanna cry, we really have grown up with the characters.. can't wait to see the recent parts of the manga animated

AyumiVk said:
Attack on Titan season 4, i REALLY want to see all my favorite moments from the manga animated. If the studio does really end up changing i at least just want the animation to be similar and solid.
And then, Magia Record, reason being i play the game and i want to see my waifus and all the story animated~ Hope they don't end up changing the plot too much..

Pretty sure WIT confirmed they are still doing the final season..... a while ago. Magia record is gonna be amazing, I wonder if it'll be niche tho,

zalapeno said:
as for now anime that i looking forward the most is Attack on Titan Season 4 or the finale... one of the most anticipated anime next year for sure

and yes Re zero 2, Oregairu S3 are on my list too

*still wishing Noragami and Jojo to make an announcement for new season*

one year to go for the final season

xenosys said:
Attack on Titan S4 - If this is adapted well, it'll cement it's place as a modern classic. Isayama continues to deliver, and the manga has been superb.

The Promised Neverland S2 - Cannot wait for this next year. I found the first season surprisingly fantastic considering I went in with little expectation after hearing some good things about it. Isabella was the a really well-developed antagonist and provided an excellent foil for Emma and co.

it's already cemented, it's the only manga in 20 years to challenge One piece and actually overtook it for a while. Unless you mean in the west.

Catalano said:
Eva 4th movie, I need some answers, I just want eva to end and to stop making me an obsessed evatard.

FINALLY, no one else said it and I was feeling a bit sad about that. I think a lot of the old heads have just stopped watching it, but the rebuilds are IMO, better than the OG, so I can't wait to see the direction it goes in next. 2.22 is my fave

BTDee said:
I am insanely excited for Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... anime to come out next year. I absolutely love the manga to pieces and I rEEAAAALLLY hope the anime adaption ends up being good!!!

Also waiting for Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 2nd Season
Fuck me, that first season was bomb as fuck.

Theres a few more but these ones are the most important to me... 2020 gunna be a good year for my anime likes. Hahaha!

that's a solid list man I can't wait for tensei slime 2

KamijouToumaIB said:
To nobodies surprise Toaru Kagaku no Railgun 3

do you need to watch/read index to understand the story?

Fario-P said:

Ojamajo Doremi Movie: Searching for Witch Apprentices - loved the first season of Ojamajo Doremi, still need to watch the rest of the seasons but wow more Ojamajo Doremi and more of Junichi Sato's directing! Yay!!

Somali and the Forest Spirit - I actually don't know much about the original manga, but I heard that Ikuko Ito of Sailor Moon SuperS and Princess Tutu fame is working on it

I'm guessing you're big into magical girls lol

Tinybox said:
3-gatsu no Lion's third season. Only thing i'm even remotely excited for.

I wanted to get into that this summer on netflix but it was just so long lol, couldn't sit down for a 48 hour anime at the time, art looks beautiful though and gives off YLIA vibes

Kuro_Neko04 said:
Well.. War of Underworld, Re:Zero 2 mainly.

Also Haruhi sequel and Hunter x Hunter... yeah... cries

EDIT: Heck almost forgot OreGairu 3

Ah, I see you're also a person of culture. Can't wait to see MC Alice and Asuna meet

Aidyr said:
Three most anticipated (confirmed) releases are probably

- Made in Abyss season 2
- Madoka Magica: Magia Record

homura did nothing wrong

Roevhaal said:
Adachi to Shimamura, looks like the cutest and most wholesome yuri ever.

wholesome yuri? sign me up

You don't have to watch Index or read the light novels but it does fill in some holes.
Sep 29, 2019 10:57 AM

Mar 2019
Oregairu season 3
Haikyuu season 4
AOT season 4
Yuru Camp season 2
Promised Neverland season 2
Zombieland Saga season 2
Sep 29, 2019 11:11 AM

Feb 2018
No Game No Life Season 2 for me and my good old pal
Sep 29, 2019 2:30 PM
Jul 2018
The new Trigger furry anime
Promare, Doremi movie, Evangelion 4.0
Also Girls und Panzer upcoming movies.

For Akira, Pluto etc I've read the manga. Anime TV art gets worse and worse for such amazing looking manga, so I'll skip them.

GitS cgi gets a pass or I would have bothered to watch Appleseed cgi long ago too. Preferred Appleseed manga which I consider Shiros best work.
Sep 29, 2019 3:09 PM

Oct 2017
Bloom in to You second season.

Kaguya-sama second season.

Non Non Biyori third season.

Only the last one is confirmed but I'll give it another year or so and if there's no follow up to the other two I'll fucking go to Japan and make it happen myself.

... Or read the manga. Probably read the manga.
“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.”
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Aggregate scoring is bad for the anime fandom
Sep 29, 2019 3:26 PM

Aug 2018
I don't have one , cuz I watch anime randomly I don't have any idea what I will even watch next xD

"I want to show that woman the true Yoshikage Kira. I want her to hear how I feel deep inside. That I want to take your slender neck into these hands and strangle you to death."

Sep 29, 2019 3:39 PM

Apr 2015
For this season I've been impatiently waiting for :

- SAO Alicization War of the Underworld

- Beastars (which will probably end up as best anime of the season)

- No Guns Life

As for other stuff in the future :

- Somali to Mori no Kamisama (Superb fantasy/adventure manga)

- The Promised Nerverland S2

- The new spin-off of Gundam Blooded Iron Orphans : Uror Hunt

- Next season of Black Butler (it's in a freaking school too xD)

- That Black Fox movie !
Sep 29, 2019 3:46 PM

Sep 2013
Can't wait for season 3 of Mob Psycho 100! It'll happen, right? ...Right?
Sep 29, 2019 3:48 PM

Oct 2018
If they ever make a Vagabond adaptation I'm in.

I'd actually like to see a small OVA of ib: Instant Bullet too
Sep 29, 2019 3:58 PM

Mar 2019
The only show coming out next season that’s got me pumped would be FGO Babylonia. and the only thing in the winter season that I know of would be Railgun III
Sep 29, 2019 4:02 PM

Oct 2017
Oregairu and Re:Zero :D

Can't wait for both to air. HYPED!!!
Sep 29, 2019 4:04 PM
Sep 2015
Pokey26 said:
Chihayafuru 3, then waiting for there to be a Chihayafuru 4.

I'm on the same boat, I can't wait to fall season stars.
Sep 29, 2019 10:49 PM

Oct 2017
Pluto

Deca-Dence

AOT Final Season

Made in Abyss Film

Yuru Camp S2

Sep 29, 2019 11:07 PM
May 2019
Ahiru no Sora, it's been 2 years since I've watched Kuroko no Basket: Last Game. Although it was a good match-up, I think it's not that close compared to Slam Dunk. There'll be another sport anime focusing on basketball that will aired this coming October. I have high expectations for this, I'm just tired of a zodiac-maniac shooting from half court, a guy who could easily copy someone's moves, and someone who could remove their presence in the court lol.

Shin Chuuka Ichiban!, before Shokugeki no Souma there's Chuuka Ichiban. After almost 20 years Chuuka Ichiban will get its sequel. I believe that it deserves a continuation. I'm hoping that it's not like Berserk who lets us down after so many years of waiting for its sequel. It's been already 2 years since I finished watching Chuuka Ichiban, and I'd love to see Mao conquering the Chinese kitchen again.
Sep 29, 2019 11:12 PM

Aug 2016
From my PTW I'd have to say Berserk, I feel like it's something that I'd fall in love with at some point. Honorable mention would be the Monogatari series, I've heard too much good about the series that it piques my interest. One day I'll watch them.
Sep 30, 2019 3:33 AM
Jul 2018
The last evangelion rebuild to finish it
Sep 30, 2019 7:39 AM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Superns18 said:
Fario-P said:

Lol yup, I tried to make that pretty clear in my new signature too hahaha
I'm sure there's magical girl series that I won't stand out there that I didn't see/read yet... I mean I didn't actually like Kamichama Karin, that's for sure...
But generally I guess I like the genre a lot
Sep 30, 2019 8:51 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
In no particular order after the first 2-3 entries:

Chihayafuru 3
Shingeki no Kyojin: the Final Season
Re:Zero Season 2
Oregairu Movie
Violet Evergarden Movie
Haikyu!!: To the Top
Fruits Basket Season 2
Yuru Camp 2
ToAru Kagaku no Railgun 3
Kimetsu no Yaiba Movie
Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon Season 2
Saenai Movie: Fine
Shirobako Movie
High Score Girl II
Gotoubun no Hanayome Season 2
Boku no Hero Academia Season 4

And aplenty more!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 30, 2019 10:30 AM

Jul 2019
Kimetsu no Yaiba movie
TenSura s2
Shokugeki no Soma s4
Made in Abyss movie
Oct 7, 2019 3:30 AM

Feb 2019
Fario-P said:
Superns18 said:

I'm sure there's magical girl series that I won't stand out there that I didn't see/read yet... I mean I didn't actually like Kamichama Karin, that's for sure...

that's cool man, I just got into it recently with PMM, I mean technically I watched sailor moon growing up too, but don't really remember it. Now I'm watching the Ilya spin off in Fate

YeeYeeAss said:
Kimetsu no Yaiba movie
TenSura s2
Shokugeki no Soma s4
Made in Abyss movie

BROOOO I can't wait to see Akaza and Rengoku fight in gorgeous Ufotable animation.
MasterNeutral said:
From my PTW I'd have to say Berserk, I feel like it's something that I'd fall in love with at some point. Honorable mention would be the Monogatari series, I've heard too much good about the series that it piques my interest. One day I'll watch them.

are they making new ones for those series?

kemory said:
The only show coming out next season that’s got me pumped would be FGO Babylonia. and the only thing in the winter season that I know of would be Railgun III

Babylonia first episode was amazing
Twillruu said:
Can't wait for season 3 of Mob Psycho 100! It'll happen, right? ...Right?

never seen Mob Psycho but the second season was well received so I would imagine so.

Romo3 said:
Nothing in particular. I'd want a lot more isekai though.

plenty of it this season. 6 to be exact.

Starlight said:
I cannot wait for season 2 of The Promised Neverland, it'll be even better than the first one!

shit thanks for reminding me, I forgot to read the chapter for this week. Personally, I can't wait for season 4 where they're at now.

-MercuryLamp- said:
Err, most have answered with unreleased series, so is it just exclusive to them or can we also mention series that have already finished airing and we'll be watching for the first time? Well either way, the latter's what I'll do, so here goes. I'm pretty excited to watch Tomorrow's Nadja, Emma: A Victorian Romance and maybe Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo. As to when I'll watch them, who knows...

well I was referring to anime that hadn't been released , but that's cool too, thanks for sharing!

Fario-P said:
Superns18 said:

that's cool man, I just got into it recently with PMM, I mean technically I watched sailor moon growing up too, but don't really remember it. Now I'm watching the Ilya spin off in Fate

Nice! And ayy nice to see someone who actually likes Rebellion too hahaha (most people hated the ending)
If you liked Madoka, I suggest you watch Princess Tutu and Uta Kata! They're pretty similar to Madoka and I personally think they're great. Consider watching them if you want more like Madoka haha

I loved the ending, Homura did nothing wrong. I just want more of it. It's been years now, I mean series get seasons 2 and 3 announced after the last episode these days lol. PMM is huge, or at least it was when it dropped, probably died off a bit now, but still, should not take this long. I'll check those out, thanks!

KorhalChild said:
-Fruits Basket 2nd Season next year, first season was amazing can't wait for more

-Kimetsu no Yaiba Movie: Mugen Ressha-hen

-Sangatsu no Lion 3rd Season, the next arc of the manga is incredible, I hope they make a season for it

I never knew Sangatsu was based on a manga, I thought it was anime original lol. Nice list.

salarx said:
Being a fan of Magical Girl genre and Madoka Magica series, I'm definitely looking to Magia Record

me too bro, me too, especially the mobile game.

_Susmit said:
TeriTeri said:

I,m waiting for the same '-')/
Seems like it,ll be a long wait............

probably will not happen unfortunately

Marinate1016Oct 9, 2019 11:27 PM
Oct 7, 2019 7:18 AM
Jul 2018
I cannot wait for season 2 of The Promised Neverland, it'll be even better than the first one!
Oct 7, 2019 2:56 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Superns18 said:
Fario-P said:

Nice! And ayy nice to see someone who actually likes Rebellion too hahaha (most people hated the ending)
If you liked Madoka, I suggest you watch Princess Tutu and Uta Kata! They're pretty similar to Madoka and I personally think they're great. Consider watching them if you want more like Madoka haha
Oct 8, 2019 9:15 AM

Jul 2017
TeriTeri said:

I,m waiting for the same '-')/
Seems like it,ll be a long wait............
Have a good time ^-^)/
Oct 8, 2019 10:09 AM
Dec 2018
Being a fan of Magical Girl genre and Madoka Magica series, I'm definitely looking to Magia Record
Oct 8, 2019 10:16 AM

Jul 2013
Lets see there's Quintuplets s2 next year. There's also Beastars I can see as potential AOTS for this season. I think that's it.

After Arifureta, I've put off on isekai unless I know the source material like the Spider isekai or I hear it good like the one with the cautious hero.

Oct 8, 2019 10:40 AM

May 2015
-Fruits Basket 2nd Season next year, first season was amazing can't wait for more

-Kimetsu no Yaiba Movie: Mugen Ressha-hen

-Sangatsu no Lion 3rd Season, the next arc of the manga is incredible, I hope they make a season for it
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Why male characters tend to have more interesting personalities than female characters?

Alpha_1_Zero - Today

9 by Alpha_1_Zero »»
17 seconds ago

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18? ( 1 2 )

bluefin2004 - Yesterday

53 by Akumahime66 »»
3 minutes ago

» have you guys watched texhnolyze?

brainburger - Apr 21

38 by Punkero »»
5 minutes ago

» Is watching a show for the cute girl weird?

fallout45 - Yesterday

28 by Punkero »»
7 minutes ago

» Has there been an anime fanbase that hyped up their anime so much that you were turned off from watching it?

Alpha_1_Zero - 5 hours ago

11 by Alpha_1_Zero »»
7 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.