Forum Settings
Forums

What anime are you most looking forward to watching in the future?

New
Sep 23, 2019 2:27 AM

Feb 2019
For me it's Sora no Aosa o Shiru Hito which I can already tell is going to be hella underrated. Second would probably be War of Underworld and then third would be tensei slime season 2, 4th is abilities average. It’s also gonna be hella underrated. The isekai trend might turn some people off. Evangelion 3.0+1.0 is also an honourable mention
Marinate1016Sep 24, 2019 11:49 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 23, 2019 2:35 AM
Aug 2015
i guess its the reincarnate as a spider LN anime adaption, but i feel like its gonna end up like arifureta
Sep 23, 2019 2:51 AM

May 2014
The Osomatsu-san movie is probably the biggest one. It's out in Japan November i believe, so i've got to wait until then and hope it gets uploaded and subtitled. It didn't get a theatrical release in the UK, but that's to be expected.

For a seasonal anime, then Beastars. One of my fave manga and one of the few occasions where i've read the manga before watching the anime. Judging from the trailers it's going to be great.
Sep 23, 2019 2:56 AM

Jun 2019
Tell me when Kamisama ga Uso wo Tsuku gets an anime, kay?
Sep 23, 2019 2:56 AM

Feb 2017
There a lot but here are few:

Attack on Titan Season 4 - Everything that should be in this season has been amazing so far. Just hope manga gets a good ending.

Uzumaki - This can go either way, but staff revealed so far and the teaser give me hope

Ghost in the Shell: SAC_2045 - It's 3DCG so it has good chances of turning out not looking good, but it's also Production I.G x Sola Digital Arts so it has a potential of looking great too. Guess I will have to wait and see. Kenji Kamiyama is also returning. True that he hasn't done much good stuff since Eden of the East but hopefully he still has it in him. Anyway, I will always be excited for GitS as it's my favorite anime franchise.

Fate/Grand Order Camelot movies - my favorite F/GO singularity and I can't wait to see what will Production I.G do with it.

Shika no Ou - Adaptation of the Nahoko Uehashi's novel. I deem both Seirei no Moribito and Erin as masterpieces and those are her stories, too. Also, apparently some good staff had been gathered for this movie which makes me even more excited.

Orbital Era - An original movie by Otomo and Sunrise. Should be great.

Akira - Full adaptation of Akira manga by Sunrise, of course one would be excited for that.

Pluto - Great manga, hoping for a great anime. That short teaser released some months ago looked great.

Chikyuugai Shounen Shoujo - Original anime set in space by one and only Mitsuo Iso and character designs by Yoshida.

Sep 23, 2019 3:07 AM

Apr 2018
For me, it's the Made in Abyss sequel movie, Attack on Titan Final Season, the Madoka Magica spin-off (which will hopefully lead to us getting a follow-up to the Rebellion movie), and Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0 finally/hopefully coming out in Summer 2020.
Sep 23, 2019 3:15 AM

Nov 2010
Chihayafuru 3, then waiting for there to be a Chihayafuru 4.
Twitch: Pokey26
Sep 23, 2019 3:16 AM

Jan 2013
I'm pretty excited for the Akira anime
Sep 23, 2019 3:20 AM

Jun 2019
Pokey26 said:
Since you're a fan of the series, let me ask you a question ... How much is missing for the manga to end, approximately? I plan reading it but i quite hate waiting a week or more for a single chapter to come out.
D8cbeidnd7dneSep 23, 2019 3:24 AM
Sep 23, 2019 3:27 AM

Feb 2019
ghost in the shell sac_2045. big fan of Ilya art and also Kamiyama will be back, so I'm sure that the storytelling itself will be reasonably solid
though I'm kinda skeptical about the 3DCG~
LunaEstlinSep 23, 2019 3:33 AM

It’s okay to look back at the past, just don’t stare too long

Sep 23, 2019 3:30 AM

Oct 2013
Still Evangelion 3.0+1.0, then I can die happy.
Sep 23, 2019 3:34 AM

Oct 2016
Hmm... My Own Anime. Adapted by my own Manga.. and Adapted by my own Novel xD
Sep 23, 2019 3:38 AM
Jul 2018
Despera (even if it's probably never happening) and Chikyuugai Shounen Shoujo, both have great staffs that worked on some of my favorite anime.
removed-userSep 23, 2019 3:44 AM
Sep 23, 2019 3:52 AM

Apr 2017
Chihayafuru S3 for upcoming ongoing series. For older series that I plan to watch in near future it would be Ashita no Joe and Cowboy Bebop.

Art by ギャット GFX by aryandil
Sep 23, 2019 3:59 AM
Twincool~

Oct 2018
Re:Zero season 2, AOT final season
Eventual season 2 of No Game No Life and more Hunter x Hunter whenever that returns.
Sep 23, 2019 4:03 AM
Jul 2018
- Toaru Kagaku no Railgun season 3

- Attack on Titan season 4

- Re:zero season 2

- The Promised Neverland season 2
Sep 23, 2019 4:25 AM

Oct 2010
Eva 4th movie, I need some answers, I just want eva to end and to stop making me an obsessed evatard.
Sep 23, 2019 4:30 AM
Jul 2018
I'm excited for Oregairu season 3, Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid season 2, Hells, So I'm A Spider, So What? Strangely enough, I'm not exactly "excited" to watch any already-finished anime on my plan to watch list aside from Hells.

epicyarnboy said:
i guess its the reincarnate as a spider LN anime adaption, but i feel like its gonna end up like arifureta

Why do you think so?
Sep 23, 2019 4:33 AM
Aug 2015
AbsurdistOtaku said:
I'm excited for Oregairu season 3, Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid season 2, Hells, So I'm A Spider, So What? Strangely enough, I'm not exactly "excited" to watch any already-finished anime on my plan to watch list aside from Hells.

epicyarnboy said:

Why do you think so?

Have you seen the trailer for it? thats why I dont have much hope lol
Sep 23, 2019 4:41 AM

Mar 2015
The Made in Abyss sequel. I love the arc it's covering, and more best dad Bondrewd.

Final season of AoT. Looking forward to see the conclusion after all these years. Also the show has just been getting better and better so I have quite high expectations.

And ofc, all the JoJo parts not animated yet. Especially part 6. Need to see my girl Jolyne in fully animated glory. And the final fight, god it's gonna be good.
Sep 23, 2019 4:53 AM

Aug 2019
Attack on Titan S4 - If this is adapted well, it'll cement it's place as a modern classic. Isayama continues to deliver, and the manga has been superb.

The Promised Neverland S2 - Cannot wait for this next year. I found the first season surprisingly fantastic considering I went in with little expectation after hearing some good things about it. Isabella was the a really well-developed antagonist and provided an excellent foil for Emma and co.

Sep 23, 2019 4:54 AM

Nov 2010
Tista said:
Pokey26 said:
Since you're a fan of the series, let me ask you a question ... How much is missing for the manga to end, approximately? I plan reading it but i quite hate waiting a week or more for a single chapter to come out.

I've had the manga on hold for the last couple years because I had been caught up with it then, so I can't say anything for certain. I do believe the manga should be getting pretty close to about finished by now though, and I've heard it's supposed to be reaching a climax around the same time that the third season is coming out. I'll probably be catching back up on the manga when the 3rd season is airing.
Twitch: Pokey26
Sep 23, 2019 4:57 AM

May 2016
For me, it's Yu-Gi-Oh 7 and Precure 2020
Sep 23, 2019 4:57 AM
Apr 2019
3-gatsu no lion, I don't if it ever going to have a 3rd season.

Made in Abyss,waiting to see the final layer and the mother. Rico is unlikable but the story premise is just wonderful.

Noragami, the manga is going well so I think we will get a season 3 very soon.

Finally, Attack on Titan final season.I'm a manga reader and it's been a complete package. 1 year to go....
Sep 23, 2019 5:06 AM

Apr 2019
Uzumaki
Akira
Oregairu S3
the fall looks depressing...
Sep 23, 2019 5:50 AM

Jul 2017
TeriTeri said:
I am still waiting for No game no life sequels though..

Ditto. The movie was cool but wasn’t enough to satisfy my thirst.
Sep 23, 2019 5:56 AM

Jun 2016
Attack on Titan season 4, i REALLY want to see all my favorite moments from the manga animated. If the studio does really end up changing i at least just want the animation to be similar and solid.
And then, Magia Record, reason being i play the game and i want to see my waifus and all the story animated~ Hope they don't end up changing the plot too much..
Sep 23, 2019 8:08 AM

Sep 2017
as for now anime that i looking forward the most is Attack on Titan Season 4 or the finale... one of the most anticipated anime next year for sure

and yes Re zero 2, Oregairu S3 are on my list too

*still wishing Noragami and Jojo to make an announcement for new season*
zalapenoSep 23, 2019 8:18 AM
Sep 23, 2019 8:12 AM
Sep 2017
Re:Zero Season 2, MHA Season 4, Akira the anime ( 2020 ).
Sep 23, 2019 8:13 AM
Jul 2018
Gotta be SNK s4. Not a manga reader so the wait is killing.
Sep 23, 2019 8:15 AM
Sep 2017
AyumiVk said:
Attack on Titan season 4, i REALLY want to see all my favorite moments from the manga animated. If the studio does really end up changing i at least just want the animation to be similar and solid.
And then, Magia Record, reason being i play the game and i want to see my waifus and all the story animated~ Hope they don't end up changing the plot too much..
The director is going to be the same IIRC, and that director worked on Death Note, and other really good anime, so I think it would be fine, as for the studio Wit is the "child" of Production IG, so they might do it, but I can see Madhouse doing it, since the director has worked a lot with Madhouse.
Sep 23, 2019 8:16 AM

Aug 2017
A lot.

Given Movie.

AOT Season 4.

BNHA Season 4.

Pluto.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 23, 2019 8:19 AM

Jun 2015
i mean call me a furry all you want but ever since beastars was announced i have only heard people talk wonders about the manga and that's getting me pretty interested

I AM THE ONE CALLED POWER!
ANIME LIST  🩸 MANGA LIST  🩸 CARDS  🩸 CHALLENGES 
How foolish and conceited these humans be... 

Sep 23, 2019 8:31 AM

Aug 2011
I'm very excited for Chiyahafuru 3 in October. The second season ended in 2013, and it seemed like we would never get a 3rd season. It was such a pleasant surprise when it was announced. It's still almost a month away, and I can't wait!
Sep 23, 2019 8:39 AM
Jan 2018
Haikyuu Sequels, SAO Underworld, and Chihayafuru S3 for now
Sep 23, 2019 9:26 AM

Jun 2016
Whgedia said:
AyumiVk said:
The director is going to be the same IIRC, and that director worked on Death Note, and other really good anime, so I think it would be fine, as for the studio Wit is the "child" of Production IG, so they might do it, but I can see Madhouse doing it, since the director has worked a lot with Madhouse.

Actually the director is not going to be the same.
If you are talking about Akiyuki Shinbou (Madoka's director i believe), he's only going to be an animation supervisor in Magia Record and nothing more. You can see the staff list here.
Sep 23, 2019 9:40 AM
Sep 2017
AyumiVk said:
Whgedia said:

If you are talking about Akiyuki Shinbou (Madoka's director i believe), he's only going to be an animation supervisor in Magia Record and nothing more. You can see the staff list here.
Akiyuki Shinbou has never worked in AOT...
https://myanimelist.net/people/5089/Akiyuki_Shinbou

The director of AOT is Tetsuro Araki which also has never worked in Madoka majica...
https://myanimelist.net/people/5088/Tetsurou_Araki?q=tetsuro

So yeah is going to be the same director...
Sep 23, 2019 9:49 AM

Jun 2016
Whgedia said:
AyumiVk said:

Akiyuki Shinbou has never worked in AOT...
https://myanimelist.net/people/5089/Akiyuki_Shinbou

The director of AOT is Tetsuro Araki which also has never worked in Madoka majica...
https://myanimelist.net/people/5088/Tetsurou_Araki?q=tetsuro

So yeah is going to be the same director...

I thought you were talking about Madoka Magica on the first part ence why i got confused, my bad asdfgh
Sep 23, 2019 9:54 AM

Jan 2018
Every isekai ever even though for this summer 2019 I can agree with people criticizing the quality of these isekai. I would praise at least give me more arifureta level of enjoyment but they cut content like ain't nobody got time for that.
Sep 23, 2019 9:57 AM

Oct 2018
for me it will prob be the nogi wakaba wa yuusha de aru anime (if it ever get's a anime adaptation)
Sep 23, 2019 10:04 AM

Sep 2018
Chihayafuru 3, Oregairu Season 3, hopefully Kimetsu no Yaiba season 2.

Of course there's a lot of anime I want, but those are probably my top 3 for now
Blanks.
Sep 23, 2019 10:09 AM
Aug 2017
not in any specific order

haikyuu s4
re:zero s2
slime isekai s2
promissed neverland s2
made in abyss s2 (movie)
attack on titan s4
cells at work s2
zombieland saga s2
uzumaki

Sep 23, 2019 10:47 AM
Jul 2019
Final season of AOT
Re zero s2
Promised Neverland s2
Sep 24, 2019 11:48 PM

Feb 2019
Monarch9 said:

haikyuu s4
slime isekai s2
promissed neverland s2
made in abyss s2 (movie)
attack on titan s4
cells at work s2
zombieland saga s2
uzumaki

it kinda seems like haikyuu blew up(at least on twitter and facebook) like overnight. I swear I had never heard of it before this season.

Monarch9 said:

haikyuu s4
slime isekai s2
promissed neverland s2
made in abyss s2 (movie)
attack on titan s4
cells at work s2
zombieland saga s2
uzumaki

All great picks, I'm gonna read the Uzumaki manga before it airs hopefully, excited for Re zero 2 as well and to see what fans think of the authors decisions.

BallisticRiot said:
Chihayafuru 3, Oregairu Season 3, hopefully Kimetsu no Yaiba season 2.

Of course there's a lot of anime I want, but those are probably my top 3 for now

no hopefully, there will 10000000 percent be a KNY season 2, it's the biggest anime of the year here in Japan.

hazecloud said:
Every isekai ever even though for this summer 2019 I can agree with people criticizing the quality of these isekai. I would praise at least give me more arifureta level of enjoyment but they cut content like ain't nobody got time for that.

Just read the LN's bro, the anime isn't worth saving.

epicyarnboy said:

I hope not, I think it won't be that popular tho because of isekai fatigue
TeriTeri said:
I am still waiting for No game no life and Noragami sequels though..

not gonna happen buddy, not enough source material for NGNL

AlphaOmegaKnight said:
For me, it's Yu-Gi-Oh 7 and Precure 2020

no shit? People still watch Yugioh? That's what's up.

jasotaku said:
- Toaru Kagaku no Railgun season 3

- Attack on Titan season 4

- Re:zero season 2

is TPN season 2 confirmed? I wonder how far up in the manga they'll get

Tsarko said:
There a lot but here are few:

Attack on Titan Season 4 - Everything that should be in this season has been amazing so far. Just hope manga gets a good ending.

Uzumaki - This can go either way, but staff revealed so far and the teaser give me hope

Ghost in the Shell: SAC_2045 - It's 3DCG so it has good chances of turning out not looking good, but it's also Production I.G x Sola Digital Arts so it has a potential of looking great too. Guess I will have to wait and see. Kenji Kamiyama is also returning. True that he hasn't done much good stuff since Eden of the East but hopefully he still has it in him. Anyway, I will always be excited for GitS as it's my favorite anime franchise.

Fate/Grand Order Camelot movies - my favorite F/GO singularity and I can't wait to see what will Production I.G do with it.

Shika no Ou - Adaptation of the Nahoko Uehashi's novel. I deem both Seirei no Moribito and Erin as masterpieces and those are her stories, too. Also, apparently some good staff had been gathered for this movie which makes me even more excited.

Orbital Era - An original movie by Otomo and Sunrise. Should be great.

Akira - Full adaptation of Akira manga by Sunrise, of course one would be excited for that.

Pluto - Great manga, hoping for a great anime. That short teaser released some months ago looked great.

Chikyuugai Shounen Shoujo - Original anime set in space by one and only Mitsuo Iso and character designs by Yoshida.

aren't they doing a live action Akira as well? Is it an anniversary or something coming up?

Fiction-Lord said:
Uzumaki
Akira
Oregairu S3
the fall looks depressing...

good, will match my mood and birth month.

Klad said:
I'm pretty excited for the Akira anime

when is that dropping

andreapm said:
i mean call me a furry all you want but ever since beastars was announced i have only heard people talk wonders about the manga and that's getting me pretty interested

hey, it's ok, embrace it lol

tachibanashana said:
Haikyuu Sequels, SAO Underworld, and Chihayafuru S3 for now

ayyyy another Underworld guy, can't wait to see vol 17 adapted.

Nurguburu said:
A lot.

Given Movie.

AOT Season 4.

BNHA Season 4.

Pluto.

never heard of Pluto, seems interesting

Mirai said:
The Made in Abyss sequel. I love the arc it's covering, and more best dad Bondrewd.

Final season of AoT. Looking forward to see the conclusion after all these years. Also the show has just been getting better and better so I have quite high expectations.

And ofc, all the JoJo parts not animated yet. Especially part 6. Need to see my girl Jolyne in fully animated glory. And the final fight, god it's gonna be good.

man, thinking of SNK ending just makes me wanna cry, we really have grown up with the characters.. can't wait to see the recent parts of the manga animated

AyumiVk said:

Pretty sure WIT confirmed they are still doing the final season..... a while ago. Magia record is gonna be amazing, I wonder if it'll be niche tho,

zalapeno said:
as for now anime that i looking forward the most is Attack on Titan Season 4 or the finale... one of the most anticipated anime next year for sure

and yes Re zero 2, Oregairu S3 are on my list too

*still wishing Noragami and Jojo to make an announcement for new season*

one year to go for the final season

xenosys said:
Attack on Titan S4 - If this is adapted well, it'll cement it's place as a modern classic. Isayama continues to deliver, and the manga has been superb.

The Promised Neverland S2 - Cannot wait for this next year. I found the first season surprisingly fantastic considering I went in with little expectation after hearing some good things about it. Isabella was the a really well-developed antagonist and provided an excellent foil for Emma and co.

it's already cemented, it's the only manga in 20 years to challenge One piece and actually overtook it for a while. Unless you mean in the west.

Catalano said:
Eva 4th movie, I need some answers, I just want eva to end and to stop making me an obsessed evatard.

FINALLY, no one else said it and I was feeling a bit sad about that. I think a lot of the old heads have just stopped watching it, but the rebuilds are IMO, better than the OG, so I can't wait to see the direction it goes in next. 2.22 is my fave

BTDee said:
I am insanely excited for Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... anime to come out next year. I absolutely love the manga to pieces and I rEEAAAALLLY hope the anime adaption ends up being good!!!

Also waiting for Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 2nd Season
Fuck me, that first season was bomb as fuck.

Theres a few more but these ones are the most important to me... 2020 gunna be a good year for my anime likes. Hahaha!

that's a solid list man I can't wait for tensei slime 2

KamijouToumaIB said:
To nobodies surprise Toaru Kagaku no Railgun 3

do you need to watch/read index to understand the story?

Fario-P said:
Sailor Moon Eternal - cuz I'm a huge Sailor Moon junkie
(also waiting for eventual sequel that covers the Stars arc)

Magia Record: Madoka Gaiden - the game is okay but I generally just love Madoka
(also waiting for the eventual sequel to Rebellion)

Maesetsu - ...what I liked Lucky Star

Ojamajo Doremi Movie: Searching for Witch Apprentices - loved the first season of Ojamajo Doremi, still need to watch the rest of the seasons but wow more Ojamajo Doremi and more of Junichi Sato's directing! Yay!!

Somali and the Forest Spirit - I actually don't know much about the original manga, but I heard that Ikuko Ito of Sailor Moon SuperS and Princess Tutu fame is working on it

I'm guessing you're big into magical girls lol

Tinybox said:
3-gatsu no Lion's third season. Only thing i'm even remotely excited for.

I wanted to get into that this summer on netflix but it was just so long lol, couldn't sit down for a 48 hour anime at the time, art looks beautiful though and gives off YLIA vibes

Kuro_Neko04 said:
Well.. War of Underworld, Re:Zero 2 mainly.

Also Haruhi sequel and Hunter x Hunter... yeah... cries

EDIT: Heck almost forgot OreGairu 3

Ah, I see you're also a person of culture. Can't wait to see MC Alice and Asuna meet

Aidyr said:
Three most anticipated (confirmed) releases are probably

- Made in Abyss season 2
- Madoka Magica: Magia Record

homura did nothing wrong

Roevhaal said:
Adachi to Shimamura, looks like the cutest and most wholesome yuri ever.

wholesome yuri? sign me up

Seaballer said:
If they ever make a Vagabond adaptation I'm in.

I'd actually like to see a small OVA of ib: Instant Bullet too

If we got Vinland saga, I see no reason why vagabond couldn't get one, a quality one too.

deVaux23 said:
No Game No Life Season 2 for me and my good old pal

you gonna be waiting a while lol

Marinate1016Sep 30, 2019 3:09 AM
Sep 25, 2019 9:35 AM

Jun 2016
Superns18 said:
Pretty sure WIT confirmed they are still doing the final season.....

No they didn't. Do you have a source?
Sep 25, 2019 10:50 AM

Jan 2009
Promare and Evangelion Rebuild finale movie are what im looking forward the most
Sep 25, 2019 10:53 AM
Jul 2018
JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 7: Steel Ball Run
Sep 25, 2019 10:58 AM
Jul 2017
For me it’s definitely Uzumaki and Dorohedoro.
Sep 25, 2019 11:05 AM

Jan 2016
I am insanely excited for Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... anime to come out next year. I absolutely love the manga to pieces and I rEEAAAALLLY hope the anime adaption ends up being good!!!

Also waiting for Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 2nd Season
Fuck me, that first season was bomb as fuck.

Theres a few more but these ones are the most important to me... 2020 gunna be a good year for my anime likes. Hahaha!
Sep 25, 2019 2:09 PM

Aug 2018
I'm looking forward to watch the last Evangelion movie, maybe it's for what more I've been waiting.

Also Akira, Pluto (thanks to this thread I know there will be a Pluto adaptation and from what I've seen it looks fucking great), Uzumaki, Dorohedoro, Ghost in the Shell SAC 2045, the other Blade Runner adaptation, Ningen Shikkaku: Lost Human and the Violet Evergarden movie. I think that's all.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Which are the cutest anime girl pout scenes ? (not fan arts but real scenes)

DarkGamerA - Jul 8, 2022

14 by Ohayotaku »»
1 minute ago

» angry sub only users

Yorda_trico - 1 hour ago

17 by Yorda_trico »»
4 minutes ago

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Anime Watching Challenge - Sign-Up (Open Until December 10th) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

970 by Dragonrogue »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you think you could fall in love with a fairy?

Shizuna - 10 hours ago

38 by LostSpectre »»
16 minutes ago

» What is your most re-watched anime?

Alpha_1_Zero - 12 hours ago

47 by bubba460z »»
22 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.