Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 29, 2019 1:31 PM

Aug 2018
karkki_ said:
I haven't seen Psycho-Pass myself yet but I know the second season is hated by a lot of people. Are you excited for this or nah?
Psycho Pass season 1 is 10/10 but I didn't watched season 2, soo...

"The most amazing and interesting story in this world ever existed is the story of the world itself where all stories happened"
-Hassaan Lightstone-
Jul 31, 2019 10:45 PM
Feb 2016
I just wanna see Akane and Kougami again
Jul 31, 2019 10:54 PM

Jun 2016
Wait... there's a second season?
Aug 7, 2019 12:09 PM

Jul 2019
Edocchi said:
Wait... there's a second season?

Not as bad as many say, but still cashing in on S1's popularity and spread very thin plotwise. Not a lot of synergy between characters as in season 1 either.

I am pretty excited for a 3rd season though I am fearing it will be difficult to reach the level of the 1st season. The main story slowly emerging from a series of case files whilst all the world building takes place. And then there was Makishima Shougo making things twice as good.
Aug 7, 2019 1:42 PM

Jan 2018
Considering how bad season2 was i dont know how to feel about this .
Getting rid of Zrobuchi as the writer is just a terrible idea
Aug 13, 2019 1:40 AM
Apr 2015
DespondentBlithe said:
I didn't find season 1 to be that great, and hence didn't bother watching season 2. I might watch season 3 depending on it's score and reviews (so after it's aired).

What ??
Season 1 was so fun
Aug 13, 2019 2:18 AM

Aug 2017
I absolutely loved season 1 but shit seriously went down in season 2 with the change of studio and writer. The movie then picked up the initial feel season 1 had, but left of at a note where much was to be desired. The 3rd season whereas will be having a completely new cast even though Production I.G is picking it up again, not sure about the writer yet (but doesn't seem like Uro will be in charge of the writing again for this season either), I am not sure what to expect yet.

What made season 1 so enjoyable was the cast, the thing that will be missing in season 3 which is already a bit of a let down, but 'ill see after it airs. The initial reaction will decide if it will be worth watching or not.
glemarailleAug 13, 2019 9:00 PM
Aug 13, 2019 8:35 AM

Feb 2017
nv6 said:
I absolutely loved season 1 but shit seriously went down in season 2 with the change of studio and director. The movie then picked up the initial feel season 1 had, but left of at a note where much was to be desired. The 3rd season whereas will be having a completely new cast even though Production I.G is picking it up again, not sure about the director yet (but doesn't seem like Uro will be in charge of the directing again for this season either), I am not sure what to expect yet.

What made season 1 so enjoyable was the cast, the thing that will be missing in season 3 which is already a bit of a let down, but 'ill see after it airs. The initial reaction will decide if it will be worth watching or not.

Director is the same as in season 1 and the movie. Urobuchi was a writer, not director. And yeah, he probably won't be back for this season. If he were back I.G would scream about it on all sides.
Aug 13, 2019 9:04 PM

Aug 2017
Tsarko said:
Director is the same as in season 1 and the movie. Urobuchi was a writer, not director. And yeah, he probably won't be back for this season. If he were back I.G would scream about it on all sides.

Whoops, corrected that. Exactly, doesn't seem like Urobuchi will be back for this season, unfortunately.
Aug 16, 2019 1:35 PM

Feb 2011
nv6 said:
Tsarko said:

Whoops, corrected that. Exactly, doesn't seem like Urobuchi will be back for this season, unfortunately.

The way this industry treats Urobuchi is absolutely disgraceful. Take the man that wrote a blockbuster franchise like Psycho Pass and put him on a puppet show. Unbelievable.
Sep 4, 2019 6:02 AM
Nov 2014
Im not excited in the least. The series should have ended at season 1. They're just milking it at this point.
Sep 16, 2019 1:16 AM

Oct 2008
I am actually, the 2nd season took me a while to get around to watch it and I still haven't seen the movies. So I am weirdly optimistic now. Psycho-Pass has a good idea but doesen't go beyond that idea, which is a shame. I don't see much police anime, actually I think I've seen oly a handfull, but this franchise has some potential.
Sep 16, 2019 5:05 AM
Nov 2014
I really hope this season will be better than the terrible psycho pass movie with broken english and subpar animation
Sep 16, 2019 6:29 PM

Mar 2012
am i the only one who actually enjoyed season 2?
Sep 16, 2019 7:10 PM

Feb 2010
otakuthon said:
most the people hating on the 2nd season are Kougami fanboys/girls who are mad that he was not in the spot light after the 1st season (even though Akane was the actual main character of the series.) you can even tell from there comments on this thread.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Sep 16, 2019 10:36 PM

Aug 2016
Good or bad, I'm fine either way.
If it's good, I'll take it. Psycho-Pass is one of my all-time favorites. But it would mean I would have to slog through season 2.
If it's bad, unfortunate. We still get to keep the amazing season one, and I wouldn't have to push through season 2.

Sep 16, 2019 10:57 PM

Jul 2015
hazarddex said:
otakuthon said:
most the people hating on the 2nd season are Kougami fanboys/girls who are mad that he was not in the spot light after the 1st season (even though Akane was the actual main character of the series.) you can even tell from there comments on this thread.

You forget that the antagonist wasn't nothing compared to Makishima,that also effected the audience.

Sep 17, 2019 12:07 AM

Feb 2010
Arjuna777 said:
hazarddex said:

You forget that the antagonist wasn't nothing compared to Makishima,that also effected the audience.

honestly everyone hates so much on the second season, but no one talks about the movie which was great and the 2nd season was okay you don't need a master planner villain for every season. and the season 2 villain worked for what it was.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Sep 17, 2019 4:46 AM

Dec 2015
I don't think second season is all that bad, and even if it was, the movie is just amazing. But yeah, I'm still not fully hyped for this, specially because they're making new characters again. I'm just hoping for the best
Sep 17, 2019 8:16 AM

May 2016
No Booch, no buys. That is all.

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
Sep 17, 2019 11:00 PM
Jul 2018
I’m actually pretty hyped for this season. I’m just hoping that they release a new pv soon.

It’s a shame people aren’t willing to give this season a chance just cause of how bad s2 was (it was decent imo) or just cause Kogami won’t be in it smh
Sep 18, 2019 7:45 AM

Apr 2017
I don't watch 2nd season still I don't care much of Kougami actually. I prefer Akane. The main reason I don't watch the 2nd season and the upcoming season is because there's no more Makishima and Urobuchi isn't the writer.
Sep 18, 2019 2:04 PM

Oct 2013
Season 1 ended perfectly, season 2 was trash that wasn't even done by the same people and no one really asked for. The movie was so-so... And now this. Who asked for it? Why? What's there left to say? Is it even done by the people who did 1? And even if it is, i have doubts it'll be worth much at this point...
Sep 19, 2019 11:07 PM
Jul 2018
hazarddex said:
otakuthon said:

This is pretty much exactly how i feel.
I never really cared for Kougami. I felt his character only existed to provide exposition for Akane. (and by extension, provide exposition for the audience about the nature of the universe.)
When he didn't come back in season 2 i was actually like "Oh good. We can focus just on Akane now."

Now i really liked season 1 and 2. pretty much equally.
I watched this series for Akane and the universe it took place in, but without Akane, i don't think i'll bother with season 3.

Oh. And the movie sort of just happened. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't special either.
Sep 20, 2019 2:50 AM
Jul 2019
if only they could bring back the dude from season one, put him against another intelligent and vicious psychopath this would be great. season two antagonist was boring imo
Sep 21, 2019 9:45 AM
Jan 2018
What's wrong with the 2nd season been meaning to watch the first season
Sep 22, 2019 3:20 AM

Sep 2014
Mattinator95 said:
When the first season is Kira vs L all over again but from the POV of Akane, season 2 is Kira vs L without Kira or L, but with the boring "MC" from the first season who only existed so we could get a different POV on the setting. The movie was better because Kougami was back. I would actually say just skip the second season. Its not worth it.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Sep 22, 2019 9:44 AM

Aug 2019
I am kind of excited for this third season, and Idc if it focuses on different characters entirely. I feel like I'm the only person who actually really liked season 2, lol. I miss Kougami as much as the next guy, but his story was told in Season 1, and I'm content with that, you know?

I think the real draw is seeing new perspectives on the whole Sybil System thing from new characters, and I am kind of curious what they're gonna go with for this season.

I am also curious about whose doing the music for the show because it's openings were always some of my faves.
Sep 22, 2019 9:49 AM

Aug 2019
Mattinator95 said:

I wouldn't skip season 2, I thought it was pretty neat, but I'm in the minority for that. I feel like the only reason people say they hate season 2 is just because Kougami isn't in it anymore, but season 2 has a lot of things going for it in my opinion, and it's a fun watch.

Psycho Pass has lot more to offer than just "Ideologies against each other" like its also a decent police drama, and if all you want is for that same "L VS Light" dichotomy than of course you're gonna be let down by it, not every show that even remotely has dueling ideas is gonna be Death Note, you know?
Sep 22, 2019 11:59 AM
Jan 2018
LiseranThistle said:
Mattinator95 said:

I wouldn't skip season 2, I thought it was pretty neat, but I'm in the minority for that. I feel like the only reason people say they hate season 2 is just because Kougami isn't in it anymore, but season 2 has a lot of things going for it in my opinion, and it's a fun watch.

Psycho Pass has lot more to offer than just "Ideologies against each other" like its also a decent police drama, and if all you want is for that same "L VS Light" dichotomy than of course you're gonna be let down by it, not every show that even remotely has dueling ideas is gonna be Death Note, you know?

Haven't watched death note so it wouldn't matter to me
Sep 22, 2019 12:32 PM

Aug 2018
It's going to be a huge letdown. Mark my words