Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fruits Basket Collector's Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Sep 20, 2019 6:15 PM

Dec 2014
Fantastic end to this season.

The exchange between Shishou and Kyou was very heartwarming. :)
Sweet but kind of a ominous ending.

Overall, I've heard from a lot of people about how good this series is and I'm happy to say I have a very similar opinion now. Absolutely beautiful series, full of warmth, emotion and kindness. It's hard to describe in a single word how I felt about this show as I watched but I think the closest thing I could say is that it's a series built to appeal to the humanity within all of us and that alone makes it so very beautiful and so very moving. There's a very genuine, perhaps pure feel to the story, the characters and how they care about each other, there's a very strong showing of emotional resonance, the likes of which I haven't seen since 3-Gatsu. I strongly believe Tohru's ability to show genuine care towards people is one of the greatest things you can have as a human being and that everyone should try their best to show genuine concern towards people. To that extent, I genuinely feel like this show has made me even just a little bit kinder and that is an amazing thing to get out of an anime. Maybe if we could get everyone in the world to watch this show, the world might be a much kinder place.

9/10, can't wait for 2nd season.
Sep 20, 2019 6:18 PM

Nov 2018
Speaking about the season 2; their will added 3 new characters including the Soma lady that change into a horse, and other two characters that will be a students (boy holding a notebook and a girl with a long and straight hair) but their will more characters will coming soon...

Those I mention have already CV (character voice) for this new 3 character.

And I have a question: when the S2 will be come out an exactly date? Not a year because they already released the year but the month and day that I want to know it..
Sep 20, 2019 6:34 PM

Oct 2015
Animaniaig said:
Well that was the only half decent episode in the entire series and it was only good for half of it. At least I never have to watch this again because I'd be an idiot to watch the second season after how abysmal this one was. Why did it take 25 episodes for it to progress even the tiniest bit? Absolutely abysmal show one of the easiest 1/10s I've ever given.
Wow that was some top quality criticism right there
Sep 20, 2019 6:40 PM

Feb 2014
This was a beautiful series to watch this year. Though I didn't watch the older version, this one defintelty takes the cake. Tohru melted the hearts of everyone she met. Truly a most benevolent soul.

With all these late episode new characters pooping out and the plot gearing up for something bigger. Season 2 is gonna be a showstopper for sure.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Sep 20, 2019 8:13 PM

Mar 2018
Well now that's an end

Conclusion to Kyo's part, resolved nicely ^^
Then it stirred up some questions, making us hyper for what comes next.
New characters were, not introduced but shown, the two in school smell like trouble. I wonder how they see Yuki for the first time there when it's almost summer break

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Sep 20, 2019 8:55 PM

Jul 2016
Wholesome conclusion for Kyou and Kazuma (man, I can't stop seeing Kenshin every time I see his face...) and overall great way to end this first season.

Things being said, I'm really impressed with this show. I wasn't expecting to enjoy it this much but I'm glad I decided to give it a chance nevertheless.
The cast was absolutely endearing and the balance between comedy and seriousness was perfect in my opinion. The way how the character development was handled was of my liking as well and man, some of the backstories really touched my heart. I didn't cry at any moment but I admit that sometimes, the storytelling truly left me feeling quite moved.

8/10 - A really lovely series in general. Can't wait for the second season.
Sep 20, 2019 9:07 PM

Sep 2017
I refuse to accept that this show is over. It is provided a great source of relaxation for me over the past five and a half months, and I am very sad to see it go. I eagerly await the next season to come out.

Fruits Basket was kind of a dark horse for me. I don't really watch many shoujo/josei shows (although the ones that I watch I tend to enjoy) and I never experience this show in my childhood, but I can easily see why it means so much to so many people, as it now does for me. This was an excellent show, with surprisingly rich characters and storytelling elements. It sets up for the future marvelously while keeping the present just as interesting. I applaud TMS for their fantastic job adapting this show, and am excited to see where it goes from here. 8/10.

Sep 20, 2019 9:40 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
dasprn said:

With all these late episode new characters pooping out and the plot gearing up for something bigger. Season 2 is gonna be a showstopper for sure.

I'm sure it will, can't wait for it to air already!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 20, 2019 10:16 PM

Apr 2014
This final episode was nice and awesome along with being funny. I really enjoyed my ride with this series since I did not know much of it. Looking forward to see where it goes for Season 2. I always enjoyed finishing the day off with Fruits Basket every Friday. My final thoughts on it that it earned a 7-8/10 for me.
Sep 21, 2019 12:22 AM

Mar 2008
I wish this series was slightly more faithful to the manga, as in, not adding/changing anything at all but I suppose it can't be helped.

Kyo, my precious son, the love of my life, etc. I live for him now using Tohru's name.
Sep 21, 2019 12:24 AM

Mar 2019
Great episode to end this first season, I want a time machine to travel to 2020 and watch the second season!
Sep 21, 2019 1:15 AM

Jun 2016
Half a year has passed so quickly. Great finale and it teases new characters really nice. I can't wait to see Tohru sparkling and giving sparkles. Of course I imagine that the feels are going to be strong. See you in 2020 Furuba ^^
***roaming the vast anime universe***
Sep 21, 2019 2:55 AM
Feb 2019
This show was my "chicken soup for the soul" for 25 weeks... i lost count of how many times i watched some of the episodes over and over!

I wish i knew more about the Soma secret ... but since 2020 season 2 is announced ... i can endure it!
and those characters at the end... so glad i went into watching this show completely blind of the past works!
EL PSY KONGROO

Sep 21, 2019 3:32 AM

Nov 2018
That father-son drama was very heartwarming.
This episode just kept making me teary-eyed somehow with Hatsuharu-Tohru and Hatsuharu-Yuki interactions later as well.
Kagura is as annoying as always but this time she actually managed to make me laugh with her pathetic "you didn't run away from me today"
Yuki tries to make it sound good but in Kagura's case, she's just being toxic as always with whatever intentions she has.
Very nice episode. Has some annoying characters, but hopefully they develop later. Was a good season overall.
Sep 21, 2019 3:57 AM

Aug 2013
Yes...this was a remake we needed but didn't deserve. Truly amazing how they captured every heart-filled moment in the manga so far. Looking forward to season 2 in 2020.
Don't believe the hype.
Sep 21, 2019 4:16 AM

May 2009
Time to review the anime! It's been a rather odd ride, especially for 25 episodes. I've never watched or read any Fruits Basket, so everything is based on these series alone. I would rate this series between a 5 and 6 personally.

My issues with the show:
-"Introducing characters, the anime"; To be honest most of these episodes is just introducing characters. Having well-rounded characters is great, but watching 20+ episodes on just introducing characters got quite boring at some point. Especially if it's unclear to why we get these introductions.
-Slice of life elements, but overly positive MC; Obviously the show has supernatural elements (the spirits), but shows a very clear slice-of-life portray. This brings me expectations on how characters act in general. This will probably trigger people, but Tohru's character is , to me, over-the-top 'positive and relaxed', and unlikely to exist in real life. When watching these types of shows I quite want to relate to the characters as much as possible, but can barely relate to Tohru at all. Presented as "the Angel on Earth" she feels not realistic, making her very annoying at times.
-Being a romance anime, but almost no focus; This could be a mis-interpretation on my part. Having known the series for a long time but never got into it made me feel like this was a "romance anime" many people adored or even would rate #1 romance anime. It grew expecations on the 'romance' aspect of the show. However the romance in this show barely exists. Obviously there are elements of romance and "moments" between characters, but I wouldn't say there is any focus point. Again this will be my expecations, but I would've loved to see more actual romance. Oh and characters being blind about this and having 2 'love interest characters' doesnt help at all lol.
-The way they work out story arcs/comedy; There are some story arcs that were totally uninteresting to me, honestly. Mainly to characters that get a full-background story of multiple episodes but dont seem to have any kind of impact after that. A second would be how they handle comedy. I've watched so many romcoms, so this is definitely not an objective problem with the show. I personally felt a real lack on proper comedy throughout the show.
-25 episodes not much progress; Last and maybe my least good point: 25 episodes where not a lot happens overall. This honestly is both positive and negative tbh. Having anime be 13 episodes rather than 24+ episodes is a huge change over time. Early 2000s anime would get many more episodes than they do right now. I prefer the early 2000s where anime could get more time to develop characters and a story, so in this case I am glad it is 25 episodes. However... even with 25 episodes I feel like we aren't very far into the story. All-in-all it feels like one huge introduction to characters, barely touching the main story at all. This could be my interpretation again since I dont know anything about Fruits Basket but this season.

What I like about the show:
-Episode 24; You know that feeling when a show is maybe not up to expectation, but suddenly can hit you with a build-up to a certain episode. Episode 24 was definitely one of those episodes. It was honestly great from beginning to end.
-The spirits mystery; the why, how's, the what-ifs. This has honestly kept me watching throughout the entire show. There is a lot of mystery going on and I really feel like I want answers. The way the show builds up to these mysteries is interesting and very well-done. I wish they would've done a little more to it in an 25 episode extent though.
-Character building; Being a show about a lot of characters, their backgrounds and their perspectives also brings a lot of positive things. The show pays a lot of attention to their characters. Not always to my liking, but it does help relate to characters more.
-A promise to a good second season; Having many characters built up like this, a mystery that hasnt been 100% clear yet does bring a lot of material to work with in a second season. It could be like Clannad where the first and second season are completely different from each other, but worked out really well in the end. I wouldn't like a second season being the same as this one though. Judging from the last episode they will finally get into the main story though.
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Sep 21, 2019 4:47 AM
Oct 2018
TAS_the_SPAS said:
I really don't get the hype behind this show. Most of it just felt like filler and setup for a main plot that hasn't even got going yet.

Most of the hype that's coming for the show is from manga readers who know the whole story. So they know it's worth it. Not to mention this season is pretty good on it's own even though future seasons are going to be way better. Also you're confused as to why a season that is a set up or 'filler'so hyped? Have you never seen a shounen before?
Sep 21, 2019 4:56 AM
Oct 2018
kuraharah said:
I'm finally free from this nightmare of a series. The premise sounded honestly great, a bunch of flawed people coming in terms with whatever burdens them in their life. Except a whole two cour season managed to offer nothing aside from a bunch of cardboard cutouts with bad sob stories instead of actual character writing. Idk who are all those random people and why should I sympathise with them, when the show doesn't do anything at all to make them interesting enough to care. 2/10.

I seriously don't get why people like you sit through a show you hate then call it names and ask for a medal of appreciation for watching it. Nobody cares,show your fake elitism somewhere else.
Sep 21, 2019 5:08 AM
Oct 2018
Zyukichan said:
Time to review the anime! It's been a rather odd ride, especially for 25 episodes. I've never watched or read any Fruits Basket, so everything is based on these series alone. I would rate this series between a 5 and 6 personally.

My issues with the show:
-"Introducing characters, the anime"; To be honest most of these episodes is just introducing characters. Having well-rounded characters is great, but watching 20+ episodes on just introducing characters got quite boring at some point. Especially if it's unclear to why we get these introductions.
-Slice of life elements, but overly positive MC; Obviously the show has supernatural elements (the spirits), but shows a very clear slice-of-life portray. This brings me expectations on how characters act in general. This will probably trigger people, but Tohru's character is , to me, over-the-top 'positive and relaxed', and unlikely to exist in real life. When watching these types of shows I quite want to relate to the characters as much as possible, but can barely relate to Tohru at all. Presented as "the Angel on Earth" she feels not realistic, making her very annoying at times.
-Being a romance anime, but almost no focus; This could be a mis-interpretation on my part. Having known the series for a long time but never got into it made me feel like this was a "romance anime" many people adored or even would rate #1 romance anime. It grew expecations on the 'romance' aspect of the show. However the romance in this show barely exists. Obviously there are elements of romance and "moments" between characters, but I wouldn't say there is any focus point. Again this will be my expecations, but I would've loved to see more actual romance. Oh and characters being blind about this and having 2 'love interest characters' doesnt help at all lol.
-The way they work out story arcs/comedy; There are some story arcs that were totally uninteresting to me, honestly. Mainly to characters that get a full-background story of multiple episodes but dont seem to have any kind of impact after that. A second would be how they handle comedy. I've watched so many romcoms, so this is definitely not an objective problem with the show. I personally felt a real lack on proper comedy throughout the show.
-25 episodes not much progress; Last and maybe my least good point: 25 episodes where not a lot happens overall. This honestly is both positive and negative tbh. Having anime be 13 episodes rather than 24+ episodes is a huge change over time. Early 2000s anime would get many more episodes than they do right now. I prefer the early 2000s where anime could get more time to develop characters and a story, so in this case I am glad it is 25 episodes. However... even with 25 episodes I feel like we aren't very far into the story. All-in-all it feels like one huge introduction to characters, barely touching the main story at all. This could be my interpretation again since I dont know anything about Fruits Basket but this season.

What I like about the show:
-Episode 24; You know that feeling when a show is maybe not up to expectation, but suddenly can hit you with a build-up to a certain episode. Episode 24 was definitely one of those episodes. It was honestly great from beginning to end.
-The spirits mystery; the why, how's, the what-ifs. This has honestly kept me watching throughout the entire show. There is a lot of mystery going on and I really feel like I want answers. The way the show builds up to these mysteries is interesting and very well-done. I wish they would've done a little more to it in an 25 episode extent though.
-Character building; Being a show about a lot of characters, their backgrounds and their perspectives also brings a lot of positive things. The show pays a lot of attention to their characters. Not always to my liking, but it does help relate to characters more.
-A promise to a good second season; Having many characters built up like this, a mystery that hasnt been 100% clear yet does bring a lot of material to work with in a second season. It could be like Clannad where the first and second season are completely different from each other, but worked out really well in the end. I wouldn't like a second season being the same as this one though. Judging from the last episode they will finally get into the main story though.

Yeah i can totally understand you're issues. As a manga reader I'll help clear up somethings. Yes you're right this season is just a prologue to the main story that starts next season.

The character introductions in the manga are really far apart but here they were decided to be adapted in season 1 so that future seasons can just focus on the plot. (i actually agree with this decision and it will pay off)

It is a romance anime but it's a slice of life first. But Don't worry you'll get your romance fill in season 2 with all kinds of couples. But the main romance of the story is slow burn.

i know tohru seems like your basic happy go lucky herione but give her some time i'm sure you'll come to love her.
That's all hope you enjoy season 2
Sep 21, 2019 5:10 AM

Nov 2015
HEY HEY HEY. anyone knows if the gossip side characters were from the new series of fruit basket? i havent really read the new one...rather than they are zodiac, i just wanted to know if these characters are the "OUTSIDE" family of SOUMA?
Sep 21, 2019 5:11 AM
Oct 2018
TooLongDidntRead said:
HEY HEY HEY. anyone knows if the gossip side characters were from the new series of fruit basket? i havent really read the new one...rather than they are zodiac, i just wanted to know if these characters are the "OUTSIDE" family of SOUMA?

They aren't from the sohma family they're normal highschoolers
Sep 21, 2019 5:34 AM

Feb 2014
As a fan of the original anime and the manga of Fruits Basket, this reboot for it's 1st season was an absolute blast for the past 25 weeks. =3

The episode gave a strong conclusion to Kyo's arc and it was nice to see him, Shisho and Tohru all smiling together. Yuki, on the other hand, was very grumpy and I couldn't help but laugh when he threw his set of chopsticks in the sink after his chopsticks touched Kyo's set. XD

Still, Yuki wants to get better at controlling his emotions and his scene with Tohru on the stairs was done really well. =)

This episode already shows the new characters that'll have a good chunk of screentime for the second season. The two students that we don't see their faces clearly on the stairwell while talking about Yuki will appear often, but it's Rin, who was in hospital, who'll be one of the main talking points for the next season.

Overall, this new reboot has done the manga justice and is better than the original 2001 anime by some margin, mainly in terms of execution with the drama and the superior soundtrack. I've watched the reboot both with the Japanese and English audio, with about two days apart between them, and both are excellent. ^_^

9/10 for this first season. Looking forward to seeing the second season getting animated, where the drama is going to get even more intense from here on out...
Sep 21, 2019 6:58 AM

Oct 2016
Another great episode! Kyo and Kazuma's relationship ended up being a personal favorite of mine, considering they helped each other heal in a way (with extra help from Tohru). Good father/son relationships tend to capture my heart pretty quickly. I'm super excited for season 2 in 2020!!!

Also, I think this series has one of the best (if not the best) ED's of the year. I adore the song and the cute visuals are perfect! <3
Sep 21, 2019 7:38 AM

Jun 2013
That cliffhanger! I saw some Anime teasers for Rin and we finally saw her in the last few minutes.

The wait for Fruits Basket (2020) finally begins!

I really enjoyed it, comparing it to the 2001 version. This adaptation was infinitely better in more than one way: the music, the animation, the emotion, the seiyuu cast, etc.

I'm glad they decided to remake this and we'll be getting more next year! I'm sure the creator appreciates this adaptation a million times better than the 2001 version.
臭い-
Sep 21, 2019 7:59 AM

Apr 2011
I've only seen the old version of the anime, and I haven't read the manga so I don't have any idea what will happen next. Can't wait 'till 2020!

5/5

Sep 21, 2019 10:00 AM
Jul 2015
Leo said:
That was a great episode. It was great to see more of Kyou's past and his relationship with Kazuma, a father and son relationship.

We got to see new characters showing up in this episode
This show has been a great ride. Tohru has been a great character and I loved watching the way she positively influences the other characters in every episode. Honestly, I'll miss seeing Tohru every Fridays.

Looking forward to season 2. An easy 9/10 for this. I might read the manga though. :)

I tried reading the manga but the art style really throws me off. I'm trying again because I absolutely love the story! It's been quite some time since I've watched a shoujo as amazing as this one ♡ one of my favorites by far.
Sep 21, 2019 10:17 AM

Jun 2016
Didn't watch the old Fruits Basket series so I'll just say my opinion on this one.

So far Kyo had the greatest character development, first one is his relationship towards other people (still short-tempered tho) but he's able to voice out his feelings more. Second is the wall between him and her true form which he overcame on the 24th episode with the help of Tohru and Shisho. And lastly, his relationship towards his foster father. Shisho treated Kyo like his own son even though he took care of him at first due to his atonement to his grandpa. Shisho gave Kyo the push to accept her true form and prepared everything for Kyo and Tohru.

For Yuki. I guess he's still bound to Akito's chains. There's a lot more of room for his character to grow and I think we will witness it on the 2nd season on 2020.

Personal favorite was Hatori. His episode hit me hard 😅 . As for female, Hanajima. I really liked her aura and looks plus her flashback too about the bullying and her supportive family.

The girl with the black hair is the Zodiac of the Horse I guess?

End~
I am not a friend of justice. I am an enemy of evil.

STAPLE STABLE
Sep 21, 2019 10:38 AM
Jul 2018
Melindypants said:
Leo said:
That was a great episode. It was great to see more of Kyou's past and his relationship with Kazuma, a father and son relationship.

We got to see new characters showing up in this episode
This show has been a great ride. Tohru has been a great character and I loved watching the way she positively influences the other characters in every episode. Honestly, I'll miss seeing Tohru every Fridays.

Looking forward to season 2. An easy 9/10 for this. I might read the manga though. :)

I tried reading the manga but the art style really throws me off. I'm trying again because I absolutely love the story! It's been quite some time since I've watched a shoujo as amazing as this one ♡ one of my favorites by far.

I didn't really like the art early on in the manga either. It greatly improves as the series goes on though.
Sep 21, 2019 10:45 AM

Dec 2016
If Should I put a suitable title for S1, I'll say "perfect adaption!!"
Sep 21, 2019 12:09 PM

Feb 2008
Machi and Kakeru walkin up the stairs got me all excited they're some of my favorite characters in the whole series
Cant wait for next season
Sep 21, 2019 2:13 PM

Nov 2009
Chiibi said:

Everyone needs a hopping Tooru in their life.

Everyone needs Tooru, Period.

She's what everyone needs in their life, the best girl of best girls.

(seriously tho, everyone one in this series wants a Tooru...)

___ ___ ___

Also... have to wait til next year for season 2 *screams*
amlgSep 21, 2019 2:25 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Sep 21, 2019 2:58 PM

Dec 2014
well that was a dramatic end
Sep 21, 2019 5:00 PM

Apr 2010
I hope it comes back spring 2020.
Sep 21, 2019 5:29 PM

May 2015
Ah, what a tease with some new characters being slightly introduced towards the end >.<

This was such a good show! I had no idea what this would be like as I've never seen the original or read the manga, but I was so pleasantly surprised. I enjoyed it so much and I've really come to love and care for the characters.

Overall, I give it an 8/10 and I'm definitely looking forward to season 2!

♡ artist
サコ
Sep 21, 2019 5:46 PM

Nov 2008
amlg said:
Chiibi said:

Everyone needs a hopping Tooru in their life.

Everyone needs Tooru, Period.

This is true....but a hopping chibi is gold in itself. xD I have a wind-up bunny that bounces JUST like that. xDDD

Sep 21, 2019 5:47 PM
Oct 2012
Oh my heart! This ending was perfect to introduce season two! Just come Rin!

Sep 21, 2019 6:04 PM

Jul 2012
I really love seeing Kyo and Yuki smile, it warms my heart ^^

I loved this show, easily my favorite one from spring. I can't wait for the second season!
Sep 21, 2019 6:10 PM
Dec 2017
Okeeeeee,,,,, 9/10
Sep 21, 2019 7:12 PM
Jan 2011
UglyBarnacle said:
As someone who watches and reads a fair bit of shoujo but has never touched Fruits Basket, I tempered my expectations coming into this because all my experiences with old shoujo series have only been okay at best. Generally the writing and usage of certain tropes in old school shoujo makes them too cheesy for me to enjoy.

In Fruits Basket's case, its age definitely shows in its comedy, character tropes, and exposition, but the emotional core of the story is so strong that I find myself more invested in it than some newer shoujo series that lack weight and substance in their plot or characters.

At this current point, I can't say it's one of my favourite shoujo yet since the first season seems to have ended right before the story was about to get to the good part. But if episode 24 was anything to go by, then I have high hopes for the rest of the series.

Another old shoujo series that i'd recommend is Kodomo no Omocha (or Kodocha). The manga, not the old anime adaptation. Very typical old shoujo artstyle, but great story and execution in my opinion :)
Sep 21, 2019 10:02 PM

Nov 2009
Chiibi said:

This is true....but a hopping chibi is gold in itself. xD I have a wind-up bunny that bounces JUST like that. xDDD

I used to have a frog toy when I was a kid, it was fun watching it hop around.

Tho I pretty much stopped playing with any toys after I grow up... sad times, kid life was so much fun...
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Sep 21, 2019 10:40 PM

Jul 2017
More of Kyo's backstory to end this 1st season with the continuation next year.

And also, more than knowing how Kagura was so attached to Kyo, not just from a romantic aspect, but wanting to share the love with him, which to Kyo, is a foreign subject of the heart. Plus his teacher Kazuma, being a direct descendant, he did not want to see Kyo going down in the same direction as him, a tormented history.

But to see Shisho finally acknowledge Kyo as his dad, the sense of relief was worn off our shoulders as he reconciles with confidential thrust.

The same could not be said for both Kagura and Yuki, whom have seen Kyo's true form, but have been terrifyingly disgusted by it since the reveal of times past. Despite all that, Yuki is willing to bear it for the future going forward, along with Tohru. It may not seem like it, but I'd regard that this is the 1st step between him and Tohru in the romance aspect.

Some new characters, which will only show up in Season 2, looks like there's more rivalry within the Soma curse. Can't wait to find out next year.

Season 1, easily a 9/10.
Sep 22, 2019 2:14 AM

Oct 2008
alright! satisfying! just finished 1st season! and 2nd season is on 2020!
i wonder who performed the insert song on the 2nd half of this episode?
oh! looks like more zodiac characters have appeared discreetly!
5/5.
8/10.

Sep 22, 2019 6:36 AM

Jan 2016
I wanttt moorreeeeee episodeess :"
Sep 22, 2019 6:46 AM

Apr 2016
It was a pretty decent anime.. Nothing special.. Probably I won't watch the 2nd season
Final score 6/10

Sep 22, 2019 10:23 AM

Jul 2014
This was a solid ending to a show that I've had very mixed feelings about at times, particularly early on. For a while, the comedy and characters really grated and there didn't seem to be all that much else going on, but the show's dramatic core has gradually gone from strength to strength and more than made up for the misgivings and frustrations I've had at times. In the end, I ended up really enjoying this season for the most part, though I'm still not a fan of its comedy.

Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing what the second season has in store, as it seems we've only started to scratch the surface at this point.

8/10
Sep 22, 2019 2:11 PM
Jan 2019
A touching and intriguing end. This is, for me, one of the best anime of the year and one of my favorites. He has left me so many lessons through his characters (I was on the verge of tears so many times). I don't know how this was the first version of the anime, but, without a doubt, this second adaptation won my love completely. It is a fantastic and wonderful story full of teachings. I say "see you later", and I say goodbye with a great affection for his characters, especially for Tohru. It was a great joy for me the immediate announcement of a second season, I will look forward to it 😁.

"There may be many times we want to run away ... but we all fight to move forward."
Sep 22, 2019 4:37 PM

Nov 2008
I still hate Kagura though. ._. But like every time a girl clings to a guy in anime and he CLEARLY hates it, I'm like "BITCH, will you please GTFOff him!? It's called 'respecting personal space!!" D:<

well I don't like it when guys do it to girls either lol I guess I hate clingy characters in general (young children get a pass but teens and adults DO NOT.)
ChiibiSep 22, 2019 4:42 PM

Sep 22, 2019 7:45 PM
Jul 2018
I liked this remake of Fruits Basket, especially its underlying themes scattered around in its characters and story. With each episode, you come to understand the idea behind it, the tragedy and the truthfulness of it. Bully, past abuse, self-esteem, etc etc were all ideas touched upon by the anime, it made you sympathetic towards these characters. You can learn a thing or two from the hidden themes in this Anime.

I look forward to the next season.
Sep 22, 2019 10:35 PM

Jan 2011
Easy 9 only grips i had with FB were due to it's large cast of characters being very dated stereotypes needing way more time to get fleshed out which is happening slowly since it's pretty long made watching some of them very frustrating but i can live with that with how well all of it's been handled ,knew a lot of people might've thought a remake of a old show would turn out worse but i'm glad that wasn't the case.
Sep 23, 2019 7:56 AM

Aug 2007
Adaption made good thing to end this season with Kyo's past.

Also, first look to Rin. Also Kakeru and Machi. Now I want to see the designs for the rest of the student council. But For now I have to wait until 2020
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fruits Basket (2019) Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2019

130 by razornamidablood »»
Apr 22, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket (2019) Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 2, 2019

117 by ashura_chan »»
Apr 9, 3:59 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket (2019) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2019

217 by bruh98hy89 »»
Mar 29, 8:39 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket (2019) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 17, 2019

231 by Ant161718 »»
Mar 17, 4:33 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket (2019) Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2019

123 by Jordanrane02 »»
Mar 16, 9:48 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.