Forum Settings
Forums

Anime whose score will change the most if entertainment factor wasnt considered while rating it?

New
Sep 15, 2019 5:31 AM
Oct 2018
So which anime score (your score not mal's) will change the most(+ve or -ve) if entertainment wasnt a factor while you rate it.

For me it would be my hero academia. I rated it quite low because I found it quite boring but I dont consider how much it entertained me and looked at it objectively it would have been rated higher. It has good anime, good fights and some good characters.
Sep 15, 2019 5:35 AM

Apr 2019
25NOVember said:
looked at it objectively it would have been rated higher. It has [...]good fights .
Objectively looking at art, which includes anime, is not humanly possible, that is a lie you tell yourself. Best example is one sentence later: "good fights". Fights in anime bore me to death, as I don't like the Shounen genre. What entertains you bores somebody else ... that much on "objective".

Sep 15, 2019 5:55 AM

Jul 2016
Doesn't the fact that if bored you inherently mean that you weren't enjoying it? You can't remove your own enjoyment (or lack thereof) when you're watching a show.

Also, what inim said, there's no such thing as an "objective rating" or an "objective review". It's just like, imagine being so insecure in your opinion that you call it objective.
Sep 15, 2019 6:10 PM

Feb 2016
Not including enjoyment to the score of an anime is not wise when judging an anime. To add a recent example, Kimetsu no Yaiba: it may have an outstanding animation, but if the anime is slow as fuck to the point of being insanely boring then there's something wrong about it. (The pacing in this case)

Even sometimes, people can stand bad anime mostly out of the enjoyment factor.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Sep 15, 2019 7:29 PM

Feb 2018
Technically it would be Kyoukaisenjou no Horizon since I think it's more a 5 to 6 out of 10, but I gave it 10/10 more so for risks it takes over me enjoying it a lot (though that enjoyment certainly influenced my decision). It's kind of a difficult question since I already try to rate based on what I perceive as the quality of the show rather than just my pure enjoyment. Frankly, I think most people who believe it's possible, already do try to rate based on quality as much as possible. In other words, I think there's a very narrow gap of people who can really give an answer to this question.

P.S. No my opinion is not any better than anyone else's, because that needed to said apparently.
"If it's not big, it's only a bust," some guy on the internet
Sep 15, 2019 9:10 PM

Sep 2014
There is no such thing as judging art objectively
Whatever you think about it is whatever you think about it
Sep 15, 2019 11:19 PM
Jul 2018
First Squad

If it hadn't all those silly battles and fantasy and focused just on WW2 drama from the Russian side, I'd have rated it higher
Sep 16, 2019 1:01 AM

Nov 2016
I don't see why I should take entertainment out of a piece of entertainment while deciding if it was good or not it just doesn't make any sense
Sep 16, 2019 3:07 AM

Nov 2018
Judging without entertainment would be very harsh rating for every anime.
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."

More topics from this board

Poll: » Your favourite genre with predominantly female cast?

Sanjay63773 - 5 hours ago

11 by Daviljoe193 »»
6 minutes ago

» thoughts on users that have a mean score of below 5?

deg - Yesterday

20 by HigherLvLThinker »»
7 minutes ago

» what is the best slice of life anime and why ?

ame - Apr 30

39 by 707supremacist »»
14 minutes ago

Poll: » Would you be in favor of tipping Crunchyroll for every anime you complete on their platform? ( 1 2 )

Dije - Apr 16

96 by luckyrune »»
34 minutes ago

Poll: » Japanese Anime and its Relationship to the Source Material vs Western Media

LSSJ_Gaming - Yesterday

17 by thewiru »»
38 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.