Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »
Jun 12, 2019 5:57 AM
Jan 2019
A chapter with scenes too nostalgic 😟, shocking and amazing scenes.
The scenes of the memories of Eren and Mikasa through the streets of Shinganshina, were wonderful and sad. Seeing Hannes again, it broke my heart.
When they arrived at the basement door and the key did not fit in the lock, I said "ARE YOU BANGING ?!". I began to think that the key was destined to open a lock in a place far beyond the walls, but luckily, the key was destined to open a lock in the basement, but when it opened the drawer and there was nothing, apparently , I said "DEMONS, THIS IS NO LONGER FUN!". Seriously, I was going to get mad if there was nothing in that basement 😅. I was going to lose my temper 😂. To my relief and satisfaction, the drawer hid the books of Grishia Jeager. After seeing that photograph, it's safe, that Eren's father had another family.
God! I almost died of shock when I heard the word "photography" and saw an "airplane" at the end of the episode. I CAN NOT BELIEVE WHAT I SAW AND LISTEN! The world outside the walls had a much more developed civilization.
I'm really surprised!
This anime, without a doubt, is one of the best in history. And I can not wait to see the next episode. Many questions will be answered. I love this anime! '
Jun 12, 2019 7:25 AM

Nov 2009
Nim0174 said:
...because they took ymirs backstory from chapter 89 and showed it in season 2 already

Yeah, that will help but we have to see Historia getting her letter, i don't think they should cut that part and if they doesn't the scene should contain something else plus Ymir's feeling towards her. Historia doesn't know her backstory. We do. We saw it, but she didn't. I don't want the studio to leave it off just because it was covered because we're talking about Historia here and her character. This letter is important as everything else in this manga, so either they cut it out or shorten it. I don't know what to think xD. But somehow i feel deep down that it would be wrong to not see Historia reading the letter.
Jun 12, 2019 7:26 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
keragamming said:
Great episode unfortunately majority of folks don't watch the ending theme, so they wont even get to see the post credit scenes.

Lol, I was watching the ED, thinking about skipping it, was not looking on the chapters, while scrolling down this page and reading comments like yours.
xD

I though they would go about revealing the whole truth right away, while they hint on the end, but you can still say this is a major cockblock till next episode, damm O_O (thank god I spoiled myself, fuck cliffhangers)

born2biscuit said:
I'm so fucking pissed that the ocean wasn't in the basement

You funny, how can there a ocean exist inside a basement, do tell me the joint you smoked, I need that ASAP. ;P
Jun 12, 2019 7:38 AM

Jul 2012
Sw3at said:
Danpmss said:

Wrong statement too, only the first half of OG FMA anime was better, and that is excluding some average filler episodes and overall deviations.

Not sure what brought the comparison in the first place but okay.
If only you'd seen the whole anime then you would have known... :/ (who the f*** cares about deviation? The following events in the manga, and I've read it until the end, aren't original at all!)

>If only you'd seen the whole anime then you would have known...
Huh.. except I did? 4 times? Much like I rewatched and reread both Brotherhood and the manga at least 3 times as well.

I know very well the weaknesses and stronger points of each version, not sure why are you assuming this about me in any way lol

And still, you failed to address your comparison to AoT at all, it makes no sense.
DanpmssJun 12, 2019 7:42 AM
Jun 12, 2019 7:58 AM

Jan 2016
Danpmss said:
Sw3at said:
If only you'd seen the whole anime then you would have known... :/ (who the f*** cares about deviation? The following events in the manga, and I've read it until the end, aren't original at all!)

Huh.. except I did? 4 times? Much like I rewatched and reread both Brotherhood and the manga at least 3 times as well.

I know very well the weaknesses and stronger points of each version, not sure why are you assuming this about me in any way lol

And still, you failed to address your comparison to AoT at all, it makes no sense.

How did I failed? How does it make no sense? Do I really need to explain this to you? Doesn't it ring a bell to you?

So yeah I'm pretty mad.
Sw3atJun 12, 2019 11:04 AM
Jun 12, 2019 8:13 AM

Oct 2013
Sw3at said:
Danpmss said:

How did I failed? How does it make no sense? Do I really need to explain this to you? Doesn't it ring a bell to you?
Plot twist : our real world history, beginning of the 20th century,war incoming, Germany, jews, nazis, zepellins...
Like both FMA 2003 and SnK have the same twist to explain their fictional worlds mechanics. (alchemy/titans)
I just hope it is explained in SnK's future events and isn't just a rip-off of what Full Metal Alchemist og anime did. ('cause that's an idea Brotherhood didn't have, and yet most people prefer the 2nd anime, say that the first one is shit, has a bad ending, and think that SnK was the first manga/anime making that twist ever and shout out 'GENIUS'... I don't get it.)
So yeah I'm pretty mad.

Ok, I have never watch the original fma anime, could you put it in spoiler and explain to me about its twist?

@Danpmss Thanks!

@Sw3at
Just got that answer from another user, attack on titan twist is totally different from the fma one.
keragammingJun 12, 2019 9:13 AM
Jun 12, 2019 8:24 AM

Jul 2012
Sw3at said:
Danpmss said:

Plot twist : our real world history, beginning of the 20th century,war incoming, Germany, jews, nazis, zepellins...
Like both FMA 2003 and SnK have the same twist to explain their fictional worlds mechanics. (alchemy/titans)
I just hope it is explained in SnK's future events and isn't just a rip-off of what Full Metal Alchemist og anime did. ('cause that's an idea Brotherhood didn't have, and yet most people prefer the 2nd anime, say that the first one is shit, has a bad ending, and think that SnK was the first manga/anime making that twist ever and shout out 'GENIUS'... I don't get it.)
So yeah I'm pretty mad.

Oh, I see you are not a manga reader and have absolutely no idea on what the basement twist will even be about just yet. Nevermind then, I'll leave you to watch it once the episodes come by.

But just to keep your expectations in check:
No, it has nothing to do with WWII in the slightest, no there aren't jews, nazis or whatever link you may think of other than similar imagery since a certain recurring theme will be presented soon enough, and of course, no, it has completely nothing to do with all that original plot point the first FMA anime came with (not to mention that one was about some alternative reality paralel to the their world, while AoT clearly isn't about that).

AoT was genius for the entirety basement twist because it didn't came out of nowhere nor was all about the "civilized world away from the isolated one thus far" like "The Village", "Claymore", and every single work that evoked a similar thing for pure shocking swerve (and this trope includes the OG FMA's alternate world twist, despite having a bare minimum foreshadowing like
), unlike AoT, which was instead carefully crafted so subtely that most people, even some hardcore theorists in the manga community, were taken by surprise when it happened, while explaining pretty much almost every single mystery the story presented thus far safe for some that are still being revealed (and yeah, this episode shown like, 5% of the actual twists yet to come for this basement part alone).

keragamming said:

Ok, I have never watch the original fma anime, could you put it in spoiler and explain to me about its twist?

And yeah, it has literally nothing to do with AoT, which is why I was asking him myself about what was even connected to it in his comparison, but he is an anime-only.
Therefore, better not to go any further than that.
Jun 12, 2019 10:14 AM

Jan 2016
Danpmss said:
Sw3at said:

So yeah I'm pretty mad.

Oh, I see you are not a manga reader and have absolutely no idea on what the basement twist will even be about just yet. Nevermind then, I'll leave you to watch it once the episodes come by.

But just to keep your expectations in check:
No, it has nothing to do with WWII in the slightest, no there aren't jews, nazis or whatever link you may think of other than similar imagery since a certain recurring theme will be presented soon enough, and of course, no, it has completely nothing to do with all that original plot point the first FMA anime came with (not to mention that one was about some alternative reality paralel to the their world, while AoT clearly isn't about that).

AoT was genius for the entirety basement twist because it didn't came out of nowhere nor was all about the "civilized world away from the isolated one thus far" like "The Village", "Claymore", and every single work that evoked a similar thing for pure shocking swerve (and this trope includes the OG FMA's alternate world twist, despite having a bare minimum foreshadowing like
), unlike AoT, which was instead carefully crafted so subtely that most people, even some hardcore theorists in the manga community, were taken by surprise when it happened, while explaining pretty much almost every single mystery the story presented thus far safe for some that are still being revealed (and yeah, this episode shown like, 5% of the actual twists yet to come for this basement part alone).

keragamming said:

And yeah, it has literally nothing to do with AoT, which is why I was asking him myself about what was even connected to it in his comparison, but he is an anime-only.
Therefore, better not to go any further than that.

Okay, thanks a lot, now I feel relieved! (It's not like I'm a hater of SnK, it's really great, I really enjoy all those twists and the story so far... I was just afraid of what was coming for us. I'm a bit of a Brotherhood fanbase hater though, have to admit it... ^^') Yeah, I haven't read the Attack on Titan manga so I jumped into conclusions... And excuse me for my rudeness. You could have destroyed me,but you didn't... Very nice of you. ^^' (I know others would have obliterate me xD)
I'm really sorry and I'll wait for the upcoming episodes! Have a nice day. xD
Jun 12, 2019 11:10 AM

Jul 2012
Sw3at said:

Okay, thanks a lot, now I feel relieved! (It's not like I'm a hater of SnK, it's really great, I really enjoy all those twists and the story so far... I was just afraid of what was coming for us. I'm a bit of a Brotherhood fanbase hater though, have to admit it... ^^') Yeah, I haven't read the Attack on Titan manga so I jumped into conclusions... And excuse me for my rudeness. You could have destroyed me,but you didn't... Very nice of you. ^^' (I know others would have obliterate me xD)

You will likely want to read the manga after this season, because it ends in a quite irresistible note btw haha
Jun 12, 2019 11:35 AM

Feb 2017
well, normies gonna really mad for next episode just like goblin slayer rage.
if normies not mad, the rage in goblin slayer not justified

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Jun 12, 2019 12:29 PM
May 2019
@Danpmss
I think Claymore did a pretty good job but the mangaka didn't want to go any further with it. It was similar to AoT in that the plot twists were layered and build in (though not as much build up as AoT). I'm pretty positive that Isayama did take at least a little bit of influence from Claymore's reveal though seeing how similar they are.

@evoniee
False equivalency to ignore context like that, GS scene was hamfisted with the characters being overly stupid for the sake of plot. Took you out of the story.
Jun 12, 2019 12:43 PM

Aug 2012
evoniee said:
well, normies gonna really mad for next episode just like goblin slayer rage.
if normies not mad, the rage in goblin slayer not justified

SNK doesnt contain rape scenes
Jun 12, 2019 2:19 PM

Dec 2014
Danpmss said:
Sw3at said:

You will likely want to read the manga after this season, because it ends in a quite irresistible note btw haha

I waited years watching anime only in favor of the manga as I didn't want to spoil myself. And now here I am reading the chapter that came after this episode. I couldn't even wait for next week episode to reveal the history of titan. Waiting is torture.

Though, not spoiling myself to know what's in the basement was well worth it. I am glad I didn't read the manga for this episode.
ClefairiessJun 12, 2019 2:27 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 12, 2019 3:06 PM

Apr 2013
wow that was such a disappointment... I expected extra titan injection in the basement and also more developement to whats actually in those books I assume the books will be like Erens fathers Dairy from where he came form and I suppose they will make few episodes cover that? Looks like I will have to get to the Manga reading AGAIN because Animation doesn't satisfy my needs nor answers my questions.
Jun 12, 2019 6:28 PM

Jul 2012
Zoroft said:
@Danpmss
I think Claymore did a pretty good job but the mangaka didn't want to go any further with it. It was similar to AoT in that the plot twists were layered and build in (though not as much build up as AoT). I'm pretty positive that Isayama did take at least a little bit of influence from Claymore's reveal though seeing how similar they are.

I mean, I really love Claymore, but that twist came almost out of nowhere even if you include some minor not really related stuff they talked about few chapters before the reveal, all that while never really going much further with it other than acting as the harbinger for the final act in the story (ultimately we got to focus on that overly long battle with Priscilla up to the very end instead, at some point haha).

Since it came without any proper buildup despite being an awesome (albeit underdeveloped) twist, that's really the only "why" I put in the same category as the actually bad "The Village", because that one was exclusively made to be a shocking twist (the director's now trademark), and not only that ignores every single supernatural element up to that point as if they were all insignificant red herring, despite also having some minor hints about the twist with the Elders' conversations and actions.

About Shingeki though, Isayama instead had an admited major influence with a work that came precedes Claymore's plot twist (despite Shingeki having a similar twist to Claymore's, that came about an year before its publishing, thus arguably can indeed be mentioned as a possible influence), Muv Luv Alternative, of which he considers his own work to be a spiritual successor of a kind. That one is a great visual novel that everyone should read it btw, just saying (and in my opinion, Shingeki actually surpasses it in some specific categories, despite not relying in hard sci-fi, which is a major element in MLA, and instead going for mystery).

Also, they are vastly different in content despite the clear influence one had on the other, so don't expect to MLA's major twists to be the same nor to have the story ruined by me saying that, no worries in that regard.

DanpmssJun 12, 2019 6:35 PM
Jun 12, 2019 6:50 PM
Feb 2011
I thought this episode was really beautifully directed - especially the second half when they are going to Eren's home, with the way the flashbacks were colored, the almost silence and slow pacing to really enunciate the emotions the characters were experiencing. Really well done in my opinion
Jun 12, 2019 8:55 PM
Jul 2018
RavBTW said:
wow that was such a disappointment... I expected extra titan injection in the basement and also more developement to whats actually in those books I assume the books will be like Erens fathers Dairy from where he came form and I suppose they will make few episodes cover that? Looks like I will have to get to the Manga reading AGAIN because Animation doesn't satisfy my needs nor answers my questions.
haha, if things went by your expectations.
Jun 13, 2019 1:07 AM

Feb 2017
@Zoroft @Funseco well the snk one is more cruel and unbelievely crazy, also grisha is too stupid same as the GS one

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Jun 13, 2019 9:36 AM
May 2017
evoniee said:
@Zoroft @Funseco well the snk one is more cruel and unbelievely crazy, also grisha is too stupid same as the GS one

Grisha did nothing wrong, what you talking about mate??!
Jun 13, 2019 10:27 AM

Apr 2019
Edylson said:
evoniee said:

Grisha did nothing wrong, what you talking about mate??!

ignore it, logic = 0 in his statement
You son of a .. turtle

Jun 13, 2019 2:25 PM
Jul 2018
That moment when they walk in the city with all those memories was so good.
Finally, we have some answers and more questions. As always. :'D
Jun 13, 2019 6:13 PM
May 2016
born2biscuit said:
I'm so fucking pissed that the ocean wasn't in the basement

I'm just replying to you to tell you that your sig worked like a charm on me, god dammit.
Jun 13, 2019 9:09 PM

Feb 2015
Armin woke up and Eren explained him what happened and how he became the colossal titan. They went to Eren’s old house and entered to the basement, looking through the laboratory Mikasa found a lock on the side of the desk, Eren used his key there and opened a drawer with three hidden books, they started to read, Grisha revealed that there’s a civilization outside the walls a little more technologically advanced. The Scout Regiment returned with their mission accomplished (and the books). In an unknown civilization, Grisha and his sister Faye were following a dirigible.

I was speechless when they read that there’s a civilization outside the walls. Now, there’s time for explanations, I think the following episode are gonna be about Grisha’s story. Outstanding.
Atlas77Aug 20, 2019 8:50 PM
Jun 14, 2019 5:04 AM

Jan 2016
what the hell, humanity outside of the walls looks like the 20th century while humanity inside is more like medieval?? I'm hyped for the next episodes, this is going to be insane.
Jun 14, 2019 6:33 AM

May 2018
So, the actual world is not medieval. Seems like progress inside the walls just got degenerated after some postapocaliptic/isolation events.
Please, don't spoil anything, just tell me if I'm wrong

Jun 14, 2019 7:35 AM

Jun 2012
Wow, who would have thought... every episode does this to us!

Jun 14, 2019 10:11 AM
May 2019
Just gonna leave this here cause im seeing comparisons to real life propaganda in this thread

Parallels=/=Propaganda
Jun 14, 2019 11:51 PM

Aug 2018
Nemo_Niemand said:
So, the actual world is not medieval. Seems like progress inside the walls just got degenerated after some postapocaliptic/isolation events.
Please, don't spoil anything, just tell me if I'm wrong

I use Arch, btw.
Jun 15, 2019 2:33 AM

Jan 2014
Basement!!!!

5/5
Jun 15, 2019 1:18 PM

Apr 2016
First: this season and the last episodes are simple epic.

i havent read the manga, so idk how this will go on. i hope this is not a full turning point of the show. Im not sure i will like too big changes. But i think its not, cause the other city have also walls, but it looks like they have not so big problems with the titans.

Im very excited what they will tell to the poeple inside the walls and how they will react.
Jun 15, 2019 2:31 PM

Dec 2013
I wonder how the season will end, because I was pretty sure they were going to end this at the point where the 85 chapter of the manga ends. And imo this would be the best point.
Jun 15, 2019 3:10 PM

Jul 2013
I thought the OCEAN was going to be in the BASEMENT and we would get to see MIKASA run around in a BIKINI then they would find a message in a bottle from ERENS DAD explaining everything
Jun 15, 2019 4:04 PM

Aug 2012
konrad509 said:
I wonder how the season will end, because I was pretty sure they were going to end this at the point where the 85 chapter of the manga ends. And imo this would be the best point.
They already teased it would cover up to chapter 90
Jun 15, 2019 7:12 PM

Oct 2013
konrad509 said:

That would be a dick move to end the season right there, snk score would get a huge drop in score if that was the case and it would have turn into a disappointing season.
Jun 15, 2019 8:05 PM

Apr 2019
konrad509 said:

that would have been horrible lmao
chapter 90 is the best point with the shot
You son of a .. turtle

Jun 15, 2019 9:23 PM
Mar 2018
konrad509 said:

Chapter 90 is the only ending point of this season
Jun 16, 2019 1:27 AM
May 2012
So hyped for the upcoming episodes.....but we only have 3 left :(
Jun 16, 2019 3:38 AM

May 2015
Jews, jews everywhere
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jun 16, 2019 4:30 AM
Jan 2018
konrad509 said:

they have already said it would end on chapter 90 , they revealed they where adding an extra scene that was cut from the manga into the anime
Jun 16, 2019 6:50 AM

Dec 2014
When is episode 8?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 16, 2019 6:52 AM
Jun 2015
Raizel said:
Damn I really want this show to take first place on Mal but guess that won't be possible the basement was average, waited 3 years for this episode.

already miss Erwin '-'
No. It won't be possible cuz FMA is a 9.24 lol. Itll take alot if 10s
Jun 16, 2019 7:09 AM

Apr 2019
Clefairiess said:
When is episode 8?

in 51 minutes it airs in japan
you could watch it live on NHK G
but its obviously raw :D
so i don't recommend it unless your japanese is good
because there will be a lot of dialogue

so i'd wait for the subbed version if i were you
Nim0174Jun 16, 2019 7:13 AM
You son of a .. turtle

Jun 16, 2019 11:08 AM

Nov 2015
this sudden drop of animation quality in this episode, just wew

I mean, compared to previous episodes, this looks terrible
AZY-samaJun 16, 2019 11:29 AM
Jun 17, 2019 1:00 AM

Feb 2019
Man we gotta stop with the Faye memes, please let her rest in pieces
Jun 17, 2019 7:01 AM

Jan 2018
THREE SEASONS, A LONG HIATUS FOR THREE BOOKS, THIS BETTER BE GOOD
Jun 17, 2019 8:20 PM

May 2009
yvanedisco said:
x3mslayer said:
God dammit this went so fast, they barely scratched the surface of the truth. I have been abstaining from reading manga, and I was hoping I get to see a lot more in this episode. But it ended when it got to the good part. I hope the next week's episode reveals a lot.

Don't worry, we'll get more next week.

You were right, we got more this week at least~
Jun 17, 2019 11:07 PM

Aug 2017
LOL

So, there are humans alive outside the walls.

Can't wait for the next episode.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 18, 2019 11:38 PM

Jul 2008
Attack on Titan as you know it is over.....

I wonder if the show will continue beyond this season.
Jun 20, 2019 12:08 PM

Dec 2014
ok wow they finally got to the basement...finally yes
Jun 22, 2019 12:52 AM

Jul 2016
Gave it a three because it dragged on and on and on
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2019

548 by ARTisANexplosion »»
Yesterday, 8:07 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2019

802 by jebras »»
Apr 23, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2019

668 by Beqapapi »»
Apr 12, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Thorf - May 26, 2019

734 by lightning19 »»
Apr 12, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 19, 2019

345 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 8:10 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.