Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 3, 2019 7:52 AM

Jun 2015
I'm currently converting fully to Islam.

I am thinking about religion a lot and just wanted to ask this

--------------------------------------
Mod Note:

Thread locked

This was necro'd. Please refrain from reviving old threads.

In accordance with the board specific rules please remember to follow the Site Guidelines as well to further prevent violations.
dipItFooOct 6, 2020 8:04 PM
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 3, 2019 7:57 AM

May 2013
Not religious. Couldn't get behind the idea of reincarnation nor behind an ever loving creator sending its own creations to a bad place, because reasons. Why create foolish/failed creations in the first place ?

Just a load of inconsistencies that are somehow taking control of people's lives.

In short, I'm better off without this kind of stuff in my mind, both for the sake of mental health as well as peace of mind. Real life is itself more than a handful to use my precious energy on.
Truly a Divine Comedy
May 3, 2019 8:07 AM
Jul 2018
I am not religious, even with the fact I currently go to a Christian School.

Though sadly, I find that most atheists do not like theists (whether it be Islam or Christianity), however I find that theists or adherents to their specific religions can be really kind and generous, definitely happier and smarter than I am.

I may have my own opinions on the theology and science of the universe, but it doesn't change the fact that religious people can be really kind people.
May 3, 2019 8:52 AM

Jan 2013
Because I refuse to believe a book made by humans
May 3, 2019 9:43 AM

Oct 2016
Not really religious but I'm very interested in mythology
May 3, 2019 9:47 AM

Aug 2015
my parents are different religions and they never forced me into learning any of them, despite coming from a religious country. so i don't have a religion

May 3, 2019 9:53 AM
Jul 2018
Not religious in the way that I would follow rules, but most of them are very interesting to me and I definitely won't disrespect different concepts in general.
Only people, who go too far with them or are simply obnoxious af. Whatever you do, just don't go on people's nerves.
I also believe in something, but it's not important for anything in my everyday life.
May 3, 2019 10:01 AM

Oct 2018
I'm personally not religious, but don't really have an opinion on the subject matter either. I think religion as a whole has its pros and cons, as does everything. Because when you really delve into the topic, there is a lot of harmful things that happen as a direct result of religion. And, on the second hand, there is a lot of good that comes out of it. It has the capability to bring people together, just as easily as it's able to pull people apart.
May 3, 2019 10:08 AM

Jun 2017
Not that religious but do the least things muslims should do but one major thing I can say is if I didn't believe in Islam I probably committed suicide in high school

Also Ramadan is very near so be prepared
May 3, 2019 10:12 AM

Jan 2013
Well nope, I used to be catholic but now I'm agnostic.
May 3, 2019 10:22 AM

Oct 2013
I tend to haves thoughts that lead me to question the things I've heard from religious figures and that kinda gets in the way of having any religious beliefs.
May 3, 2019 10:31 AM

Aug 2012
I am quite moderate compared to most people around me. Anyway, I'm interested in you OP. What caused you to fully convert to Islam? I'm curious.
May 3, 2019 11:19 AM

Jun 2015
A forest god with the body of a man and the head of a dear visited me during a [redacted] trip once. Other than that no.
May 3, 2019 11:35 AM

Dec 2013
I'm devoted to my religion... oh wait, I don't have one. Silly me. Atheism/agnosticism is the way to go.
May 3, 2019 11:38 AM
Feb 2017
I'm a Christian. I do believe that this world must have been created by something/someone. The amount of complexity to the smallest degree in life just seems improbable for it to just happen naturally, but then again we all have our own takes on the matter.
May 3, 2019 11:48 AM

Oct 2018
I don't belive in god but still belive in some Christian values and teachings.
May 3, 2019 12:39 PM

Dec 2016
I was raised an Atheist and still am one but I keep an open mind
May 3, 2019 12:47 PM

Oct 2017
Takamura-sama said:

I follow Islam myself and I am decently religious but hope to become more religious during the holy month, Ramadan :D

Good luck to you ^^
May 3, 2019 12:48 PM

Nov 2016
Used to be a devout Muslim but apostatized. Now? probably a rebel in the vein of Ivan Karamazov, and equally useless. Still, it affords me more chances of being a good human, because now I can focus on being a human rather than any servant to a God.
May 3, 2019 1:06 PM

Sep 2015
Nope, and I don't remember I ever were. Even as a child, for as long as I'm able to recall, with deeply religious grandparents and semi-religious upbringing, It was rather a game for me than actual faith.

I think some people are just wired to be susceptible to religious faith while others are not and they will eventually either leave religion or keep it out of habit, but without reaal faith behind it. I your case it feels like it's a fashion choice rather than a faith.
May 3, 2019 1:37 PM

Mar 2017
Thanakos said:
Used to be a devout Muslim but apostatized. Now? probably a rebel in the vein of Ivan Karamazov, and equally useless. Still, it affords me more chances of being a good human, because now I can focus on being a human rather than any servant to a God.
There's a reason why alyosha is the MC baka

I'm not particularly religious, but I feel the need to be so. I can't quite describe my attitude towards organized religion, I think each religion acts like it is viewing the sublime objective reality through a subjective human cultural lens. But I think I, like many others can feel that there is an objective reality, more to life itself than watching anime and passing the time. There are the people who see, the people who see when guided, and the people who refuse to see. The "I fucking love science" and "atheism is cool" phase that most 16 year olds go through got me at one point as well, but I outgrew it as I realized just how complicated this world is. I believe there is something like a creator, but what that creator is, whether it is sentient or not, and what rules caused it to form reality are questions I don't think humans can answer. Maybe it is a sort of pantheism, but I don't think my religious views can be defined so easily. Maybe I believe in spinoza's god, like Einstein. So being religious for me is to keep striving for the universal truth and not being content with the status quo.
May 3, 2019 2:03 PM

Aug 2017
Not a believer that this world has a creator. Not saying there's no possibility for that, but still. If the world must have a cause in order to exist, there is absolutely no reason to suppose this cause must be a being.
May 3, 2019 2:09 PM

Mar 2019
Of course — the biggest fanatic imaginable:

Glorious PC Gaming Master Race! that the console peasant burn!

It is obvious that "obscenity" is not a term capable of exact legal definition; in the practice of the courts, it means "anything that shocks the magistrate".

— Bertrand Russell
May 3, 2019 2:16 PM

Nov 2016
Zzzgog said:
Thanakos said:
There's a reason why alyosha is the MC baka

I'm not particularly religious, but I feel the need to be so. I can't quite describe my attitude towards organized religion, I think each religion acts like it is viewing the sublime objective reality through a subjective human cultural lens. But I think I, like many others can feel that there is an objective reality, more to life itself than watching anime and passing the time. There are the people who see, the people who see when guided, and the people who refuse to see. The "I fucking love science" and "atheism is cool" phase that most 16 year olds go through got me at one point as well, but I outgrew it as I realized just how complicated this world is. I believe there is something like a creator, but what that creator is, whether it is sentient or not, and what rules caused it to form reality are questions I don't think humans can answer. Maybe it is a sort of pantheism, but I don't think my religious views can be defined so easily. Maybe I believe in spinoza's god, like Einstein. So being religious for me is to keep striving for the universal truth and not being content with the status quo.

Yeah lmao. Still, Ivan had the most interesting parts and I wished he was the MC so we could see more of his overthonk as an example of what not to do in life.

I resonate with your sentiments about objective reality, but I avoid thinking of it in religious terms. I feel as if it's not completely arbitrary, but I'm forced to admit that it's not as I might think it is either. I mean, who has ever been able to define objectivity reasonably in this context? No one. It's just an invisible, intangible, permeable, dragon our imaginations have created from our emotions and we're trying to chase after it. Yet, the thought that the Universe is not arbitrary has merit; it's the driving force behind science too. So I stick with a strict "I don't know'' and try to follow ideas which prolong human life in a way that enables this conversation to go on, because this is the only one worth having (bonus points if you get the reference).
May 3, 2019 2:21 PM
Jul 2018
I believe in the excistence of a God, but I do not believe in him.
May 3, 2019 2:35 PM

Aug 2013
Fundamentally, I'm not interested, it isn't important for me follow a religion, I don't have the need to have one
May 3, 2019 2:45 PM

Aug 2014
You should have followed the One True Goddess, Madoka Kaname.

I pray that once you watch Madoka Magica, you will see the light of her strawberry shortcake goodness. /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

#Madokaism
May 3, 2019 3:09 PM

Oct 2015
Not really. Personally, I'm an atheist. But I don't mind if someone is religious though. I guess in my case, the reason why I am an atheist comes down to me needing evidence outside of an old book ya know?
"Even if there isn't a God or meaning behind life. That doesn't mean you can't create your own meaning and make the best out of life."
May 3, 2019 3:14 PM
Jul 2018
SadMadoka said:
You should have followed the One True Goddess, Madoka Kaname.

I pray that once you watch Madoka Magica, you will see the light of her strawberry shortcake goodness. /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

#Madokaism

I don't see any blood spilled or any sacrifice on the table, you are NOT a "True Follower"!
May 3, 2019 3:19 PM

Mar 2015
Not really too big on religion. I'd say I'm half athiest half christian(baptist if you wanna be specific.) though.

I believe and I don't believe. That may change in the future, but that's what I think now.
woah there
May 3, 2019 3:52 PM

Jan 2009
im irreligious

and also you do not need religion to be moral anyway since rich countries are usually the ones that have low crime rates but they are irreligious overall while poorer countries usually have higher crime rates and are also the religious places, so with that religion is useless while making your economy do inclusive growth is better
May 3, 2019 4:46 PM

Nov 2017
I'm a Christian Humanist so yeah, I'm a Christian. I consider myself highly religious and spiritual. I find that my ability to live a life of loving-kindness is materially benefited by my Christian faith. I don't have any particular desire to proselytize anyone else of this belief, but I'm confident it suits me best. And at the end of the day, that's all that matters in my life
May 3, 2019 6:02 PM

Dec 2008
Not really but I probably tend more to the buddhist side of things.
Life Is Short But Intense.
May 3, 2019 6:03 PM

Jan 2013
Lol no.

I used to be very religious when I was younger. I would always go to church with my grandma, read the Bible for fun, and learn all my prayers by heart. Ironically, I didn't go to a religious school until I got into university, and by then I had already lost all my previous faith.

weetI guess, as long as I have life, all I can do is fight with all my might.
May 3, 2019 6:04 PM
Jul 2018
Takamura-sama said:

Can you tell me about Islam as a religion? I don't know anything about it.
May 3, 2019 6:14 PM

Dec 2015
Sphinxter said:

Well that makes sense, PC gaming and My Little Pony are the path to enlightenment.
May 3, 2019 6:24 PM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
Mandela effect, Deja Vu? I'm pretty sure I've seen this thread.

Oh, it's just someone breaking the rules and being unoriginal again.

And how are you converting to Islam if you were already a Muslim like 2 years ago. Sounds like that one time you made a topic complaining about high school starting again and a month later you were in college according to another.

Anyway

Yes, I am. Although I would rather label myself as theist, believer, etc. than "a religious person".
May 3, 2019 6:30 PM

Oct 2018
Not religious because of all that I've witnessed first hand. I do like mythology though. I once read a book that pretty much said the following: All the bad things that happen to you by someone else's actions come from you doing it to someone else in a previous life and what not.~

サディスティックな考え
"JUST KILL ME."
サディスティックマインド
May 3, 2019 6:43 PM
Jul 2018
Bobby2Hands said:
Sphinxter said:

Well that makes sense, PC gaming and My Little Pony are the path to enlightenment.

PC gaming and My Little Pony?!

When exactly did shit go wrong?!
May 3, 2019 6:53 PM

May 2013
A bit. I describe myself moreso as spiritual. And no that doesn't mean I'm one of those 'coexist' people hahah that really just means that meditation, prayer, etc. are a part of my life.

I'm not exactly devoted to any one religion, but I think there's a lot to be learned from them.

I feel like learning from religions is the best way to mitigate the hatred we see between them. At the end of the day they are in much more agreement then many people seem to believe.
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
May 3, 2019 7:58 PM
Oct 2018
I'm not religious but I dislike the materialist reductionist world view
However, I also dislike religious fundamentalism
Religious texts should not have a literalistic interpretation imo
OeufhbpiMay 4, 2019 6:15 AM
--
May 3, 2019 11:45 PM

Oct 2014
I am not because I think religion is dangerous. I think it's perfectly fine to believe in a higher power; that something supernatural is responsible for existence. However, I find that when people project those beliefs from the mind and into reality, they become distorted and are no longer about a larger purpose/and or understanding of life, but instead to oppress those who do not and cannot follow the same path. "This way is the right way". Religious dogma, rules not laid out by the deities being worshiped, but by men.

Divine punishment is not what keeps us moral.
May 4, 2019 12:33 AM

Jun 2015
Satoushiki said:
I have the slightest belief in existence of the creator (don't get me wrong, I'm not religious) but religion in this world is a scam, there are several reasons why not that many people are religious, or putting it in a certain way, by not having beliefs. In my country, who would actually die for a statue just holding it or even by the slightest touch, "it would grant you luck" somewhere that goes between line if I remember, and it's quite hideous that a lot of people have to be injured from a stampede just by this dumb single belief that would actually affect many people, in fact by hundreds or thousands of them.This is one of my main reasons why I tell people that's just plain dumb to believe in these things, actually even if you talk bad about their religion, they will kill you for it, that's how bad it is gets in here in our country.

There are a lot or reasons that I would like to tackle on but I couldn't be bothered mentioning it, but rather getting straight to the point by my logical perspective, people have certain questions in life that bothers them a lot and mostly rely on the popes or priest for some answers, but none of them hits them, you know why? because it's their own opinion (or much more likely, a repeating cycle of non-sense response) and not from their false lord, it's obvious if you look at it.

Question: Why is life so hard?

Answer: The lord gave you the path where you belonged to,but with help of god, you'll endure it. *sprinkles water*

Another Question: Why did the priest touched my arse?

Answer: The lord gave you the path where you belonged to,but with help of god, you'll endure it. *sprinkles their own fluid*

The second one is just an exaggeration but you get the point. From the reason here itself, there's no decent answers that makes sense from this dumbasses, you'll keep hoping and preach on nothing, praying the same thing and etc. This things doesn't work it pains me to see that people are getting crazy from this, they'll even use a bible against lawyers just so they can win.

Keep in my mind that I don't have any against on your beliefs, its a personal thought towards their actions that isn't right for humanity.

I mean that's just Christianity?
I have no knowledge over Christianity but I do in Islam. We don't have those "problems" you also should think that the Bible has been changed over the years and there are parts in there that's been written by humans too. The Quran hasn't been changed ever. It has stayed the same since the beginning till now.
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
May 4, 2019 12:42 AM

Jun 2015
RafflesHolmes said:
Not really. Personally, I'm an atheist. But I don't mind if someone is religious though. I guess in my case, the reason why I am an atheist comes down to me needing evidence outside of an old book ya know?

There's tons of evidence in the Quran. The prophets also performed miracles.

For example around the year 620 the Quran was being written by Muhammad with the help of Gabriel who Allah sent.

They wrote on how a baby is put on this world.. how we are created how we have a life. The first sperm was found in 680.

Embryo's were found in 1700-1800 and what he found was astonishing. The way that he found on how embryos perform and exist is the exact way it's in the Quran. The Quran also was consistent with it's scientific writings in it. There is not a single thing in the Quran that was disproven. The book itself is evidence.

If let's say it was written by a human. In the year 620 where nothing scientific was being done and everything was old.
Could someone write a book so great and consistent with our year? The book has NEVER been changed unlike the Bible. Could anyone write a book that would still be consistent in research of things that weren't available now but are 1400 years in the future and still be consistent? No one can.
May 4, 2019 12:50 AM

Jun 2015
Yarub said:
I am quite moderate compared to most people around me. Anyway, I'm interested in you OP. What caused you to fully convert to Islam? I'm curious.

First of all:
1. The scientific proofs of the Quran. The Quran can't be so consistent with it's science if it's not the word of Allah. Read my previous messages.
2. When I read the Quran I feel truly at peace. It's hard to explain it but I feel one with myself
3. I feel that Allah is with me. It's just so weird and I can't put it to words.
4. The supernatural happened to me quite a bit. I had also many spiritual dreams that predicted my life. I do quite believe in dreams having a meaning and every time I dreamed of something weird I went to Google typed it in with Islam and boom my future was predicted or the meaning was correct. To this day I still was surprised by how accurate it was.
5. Morality the Islam teaches good morality. Be nice to your neighbours, parents, teachers, younger children etc but that's more a side thing.
May 4, 2019 12:51 AM

Oct 2015
Takamura-sama said:
RafflesHolmes said:

There's tons of evidence in the Quran. The prophets also performed miracles.

For example around the year 620 the Quran was being written by Muhammad with the help of Gabriel who Allah sent.

They wrote on how a baby is put on this world.. how we are created how we have a life. The first sperm was found in 680.

Embryo's were found in 1700-1800 and what he found was astonishing. The way that he found on how embryos perform and exist is the exact way it's in the Quran. The Quran also was consistent with it's scientific writings in it. There is not a single thing in the Quran that was disproven. The book itself is evidence.

If let's say it was written by a human. In the year 620 where nothing scientific was being done and everything was old.
Could someone write a book so great and consistent with our year? The book has NEVER been changed unlike the Bible. Could anyone write a book that would still be consistent in research of things that weren't available now but are 1400 years in the future and still be consistent? No one can.

To be fair when I said old book I was referencing all religious texts. But I'm honestly not here to debate. When I was younger I loved debating the topic. But I was more insecure and much more arrogant back then. Nowadays, I don't care to. We'll know who is right when we all meet our ends ya know?

For all I know the Buddist, Jews, or some other Religion could be correct but I could care less at the end of the day ya know? I'm gonna live my life one day at a time educating myself and living by own my philosophy and if Islam makes ya happy more power to ya.

I just encourage ya follow your own path and you find happiness in that said path without regrets.
"Even if there isn't a God or meaning behind life. That doesn't mean you can't create your own meaning and make the best out of life."
May 4, 2019 12:52 AM

Jun 2015
149597871 said:
Mandela effect, Deja Vu? I'm pretty sure I've seen this thread.

Oh, it's just someone breaking the rules and being unoriginal again.

And how are you converting to Islam if you were already a Muslim like 2 years ago. Sounds like that one time you made a topic complaining about high school starting again and a month later you were in college according to another.

Anyway

Yes, I am. Although I would rather label myself as theist, believer, etc. than "a religious person".

I was already a "muslim" but rather one that was just Muslim cause of his parents and now I'm going to become "muslim" because I will it and I believe. I already was a Muslim just different.
May 4, 2019 12:53 AM

Jun 2015
Peaceful_Critic said:
Takamura-sama said:

What do you wanna know? It could be anything. Happy to spread some knowledge
May 4, 2019 12:57 AM
Jul 2018
Takamura-sama said:
Peaceful_Critic said:

What do you wanna know? It could be anything. Happy to spread some knowledge
I don't know the basics, so..is it centered around no gods, multiple gods or a single one? What are some traditions of the religion?
May 4, 2019 1:00 AM

May 2013
RafflesHolmes said:
We'll know who is right when we all meet our ends ya know?

You don't have to wait until then. Psychedelic, ego death, religious experiences etc. These can all give the human mind a glimpse beyond the ordinary.
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» do you still live with your parents?

FruitPunchBaka - Yesterday

23 by MalchikRepaid »»
23 minutes ago

» How much soda do you drink in a week? ( 1 2 )

HunteerX - May 16

65 by -Fantastical- »»
1 hour ago

» What if you saw God in heaven? ( 1 2 )

-Usagi - Feb 3, 2016

77 by Dracowyn »»
1 hour ago

» What does your username mean? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

58 by Stomiks »»
2 hours ago

» Why do you need temporary phone numbers?

luckypenguin - Jul 10, 2021

11 by Zarutaku »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.