Forum Settings
Forums

Anime that will always have a special place in your heart?

New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Apr 16, 2019 2:11 PM

Nov 2017
Clannad: After Story is definitely the show that touched my very heart. Something about it rose up and drew me into its flow, and it never truly evaporated. Any soundtrack of the show will still instill a true sense of emotion in me.

"Believing you can,
means you're already halfway there"

Blog Posts | Reviews
Apr 16, 2019 3:06 PM

Dec 2016
Orange aired during my freshman year of high school, so in a way, Orange represents a simpler time in my life, less stress, worries, etc. I fondly look back at how I would look forward to when the next episode would come out, the intro music and its first scene, I would fix either a cup of Darjeeling tea or coffee with cream to go with it. Life was good.
"He skipped like a stone on time's ocean. This is what's left." -
Unknown
Apr 16, 2019 3:23 PM

Mar 2019
Propably most of the Ghibli movies, if that counts.
Grew up with them and still love them, they really give me nostalgic feels :)
Apr 16, 2019 5:09 PM

Mar 2019
Ginga nagareboshi gin/densetsu weed, because i grew up with that anime, and i still love it.
Apr 16, 2019 5:46 PM

Oct 2008
I have my 9/10 favorite anime and than I have my close to the heart special anime I feel a connection with. Here they are:

1. Tatakau Shisho the book of Bantorra
2. Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito
3. ef:A Tale of Melodies
4. Jyu Oh Sei
5. Soredemo sekai wa utskushi

And ten plus more, but these are the ones that I feel the strongest connection to.
Apr 18, 2019 5:57 PM

May 2016
Two main ones. Dragon Ball Z gave me the motivation to finally start working out which has changed my life completely. The other is Code Geass, I have no particular reason why this one is so special to me but it will always be the number one anime in my book.
Apr 18, 2019 6:11 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Yeah Naruto sadly. No matter how far I get past it, I know too much and have too much nostalgia. But I'll trash it either way.

For something more off the beaten path, I really REALLY loved Peach Girl and Junjou Romantica as a teen, I went out of my way for the manga copies too, I watched them numerous times, I was a hopeless romantic back then. (After revisiting them, they're fine, just not even close to my realm of grown taste)
Apr 18, 2019 6:37 PM

Sep 2018
Steins;gate - nothing has ever made me get so emotional
Gurren Lagann - crazy characters and an even crazier premise. i'll remember this one for years

Apr 19, 2019 2:24 AM
Aug 2018
Naruto,Fairy tale,Beelzebub and SAO,

yes, i know some of them sucks, but it was the very gateway for me in Anime.
Apr 19, 2019 8:14 AM

Dec 2017
Death Parade, Kuroko No Basket, One Piece, HXH, FMAB, Usagi drop.
Apr 23, 2019 8:21 AM

Jan 2018
Stripes said:
Yeah Naruto sadly. No matter how far I get past it, I know too much and have too much nostalgia. But I'll trash it either way.

For something more off the beaten path, I really REALLY loved Peach Girl and Junjou Romantica as a teen, I went out of my way for the manga copies too, I watched them numerous times, I was a hopeless romantic back then. (After revisiting them, they're fine, just not even close to my realm of grown taste)

Yeah m8, I keep trashing Naruto as well

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 23, 2019 9:01 AM
Sep 2009
Hunter x Hunter 1999....................................................
Apr 23, 2019 11:24 AM
Nov 2018
Carole & Tuesday will forever be remembered as one of the biggest joys my heart ever had.
Apr 23, 2019 11:36 AM

Feb 2018
Fairy Tail.
I watched it when I was at my worst time in school and had the worst family problems ever, this show was my escape from reality whenever I would run to my room after a harsh day at school or after getting yelled at or hit by my dad for ruining his love life.I would binge that show whenever I was crying my eyes out just to see that I am not alone and that one day everything will be fine, that I will meet good friends like the people at fairy tail.When my problems stopped, so did I stop watching it as frequently but I left it on hold and hope to continue one day.It hurts too much to go back to it now.

Apr 23, 2019 12:48 PM

Mar 2012
Slayers. It has THE perfect adventure vibe out of everything I've seen, awesome characters including the best female protagonist I know. I really admire her mindset, and all the songs sung by her seiyuu for this anime convey it nicely too apart from being already nice songs. And Slayers has a very nice detailed setting if you count all info in the anime and LNs.

Kyou kara Maou! It just had this feeling of kindness and sweetness, while having plenty of adventure and comedy, and it made me love all the main and secondary cast so much I see no possible way of disliking any of them. It's a world you don't want to say goodbye to, and you feel warm just thinking it exists under a fictional endlessly far sky.

CLAMPverse, both anime and manga. I saw a reflection of myself in a lot of their characters, which sometimes were complete opposites of each other. I never saw anything else so relatable before nor after, and it made me rethink a lot of things. And their art is just gorgeous on top of that.

And my first anime - Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi I saw on local TV as a kid, I had vivid dreams about it a whole week after watching it.

Also Naruto and Haruhi.
Apr 23, 2019 12:59 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
LiedElfen said:
Carole & Tuesday will forever be remembered as one of the biggest joys my heart ever had.

It just came out? And it’s not even finished yet? Not saying it can’t be but how can you tell 2 episodes in?
Apr 23, 2019 1:03 PM

Aug 2018
Angel Beats, one of the first shows I ever watched. I can easily ignore its obvious flaws and just watch it for what it is
Apr 23, 2019 1:07 PM

Dec 2008
Gotta be The Dirty Pair, Aria and Maison Ikkoku.
Life Is Short But Intense.
Apr 23, 2019 1:37 PM
Nov 2018
Stripes said:
LiedElfen said:

It just came out? And it’s not even finished yet? Not saying it can’t be but how can you tell 2 episodes in?

Well i've watched the 2 episodes five times each already and i'll do the same with every single episode that comes out so by the end of it i will have watched the series more than 5 times. The production is incredible and the ost is fantastic, i just know that it will be a classic based in the care, attention to details and quality of every aspect so far.
LiedElfenApr 23, 2019 2:01 PM
Apr 23, 2019 2:03 PM

Aug 2018
Shimoneta, the second anime i watched after DBZ and the one that really got me interested in anime and made me watch more
Apr 23, 2019 2:17 PM

Aug 2016
Interstella 5555. Nuff said, Absolutely fantastic!
:v
Apr 25, 2019 1:16 AM

Jan 2018
MichaelJackson said:
Interstella 5555. Nuff said, Absolutely fantastic!

Michael Jackson dindu nuffin... maybe

Apr 25, 2019 1:45 PM

Nov 2007
Chihayafuru because Chihaya will so end up with Arata. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 25, 2019 3:14 PM
Mar 2018
While I could give the "Everything I have at a 10". The 2 particular ones would be Cowboy Bebop and FLCL (ironic seeing as how I used to dislike FLCL and only recently started to love it)
Cowboy Bebop because of the GROSS amount of time that I have spent thinking and talking about it and how it was the show that got me to see what anime could truly offer (having only known anime as "That Naruto and Dragonball thing" prior to actually checking out anime for myself
FLCL because even though I disliked it at first, upon rewatch I saw something in it that I didn't see the first time through and because FLCL is one of those things where, the more I think about it, the more things I see in it.
Apr 25, 2019 3:20 PM

Aug 2018
Clannad by far, it was such a masterpiece.

Madoka is also one I'll never forget, same goes for Koe no Katachi.
Apr 25, 2019 3:27 PM

Nov 2013
the ghost in the shell film, first time i watched it as a kid i didn't know what the fuck i was watching but i just knew i needed more.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Apr 25, 2019 3:29 PM
Jun 2015
Yu Yu Hakusho
FLCL
Trigun
DBZ
One Piece

Almost anything early Toonami days, even if I didn't watch it regularly.
Apr 25, 2019 4:42 PM

Dec 2008
Mucosa said:
Pretty cure.I watched it wgen I was a kid without knowing it was an anime.I loved it

I watched the first 3 Precure series and then dropped it, have never watched it since.
Life Is Short But Intense.
Apr 26, 2019 8:33 PM

Jan 2018
shanimebib said:
Chihayafuru because Chihaya will so end up with Arata. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

*sobs* why u do dis man? *sobs again*

Apr 26, 2019 8:57 PM

Jan 2017
Naruto Shippuden
For me, it has one of the greatest character cast of all time. Except that bitch Sakura i felt and loved every character which was important to the story. Its just an irreplaceble part of my life. I can watch it again and again and still find something new to enjoy.
Apr 26, 2019 10:52 PM

Jan 2018
silent_knight98 said:
Naruto Shippuden
For me, it has one of the greatest character cast of all time. Except that bitch Sakura i felt and loved every character which was important to the story. Its just an irreplaceble part of my life. I can watch it again and again and still find something new to enjoy.

Naruto Shippuden but not part 1 Naruto?

And yeaa I agree with Sakura, but I actually fell in love with her after her fight against Sasori... too bad she became useless again after that

Apr 28, 2019 12:34 AM

Jan 2017
Dave_Adrian said:

Coz thats the series where characters actually shine. Naruto is ur generic battle shounen. Whereas Shippuden lays more emphasis on character development. Thats why its my favorite even though it has many flaws especially in the later part of the series (War Arc).

Dave_Adrian said:

And yeaa I agree with Sakura, but I actually fell in love with her after her fight against Sasori... too bad she became useless again after that
Nah, she was annoying at that time too. I think Kishimoto deliberately made her like that LOL.
Apr 28, 2019 12:38 AM

Feb 2017
Kaze no Stigma. First anime I watched and have a lot of fond memories around that time.
Iliekmenfrfr
Apr 28, 2019 1:19 AM

Jan 2018
silent_knight98 said:
Dave_Adrian said:

Coz thats the series where characters actually shine. Naruto is ur generic battle shounen. Whereas Shippuden lays more emphasis on character development. Thats why its my favorite even though it has many flaws especially in the later part of the series (War Arc).

Dave_Adrian said:

Nah, she was annoying at that time too. I think Kishimoto deliberately made her like that LOL.

I agree that Shippuden has a lot more character development towards the main characters (Naruto, Sasuke, Kakashi) but part 1 Naruto... damn bruhh, everyone shines!!! (Rock Lee, Gaara, Tsunade, Hiruzen, Shikamaru, Neji, Choji, hell.. even Kiba and Shino!!)

Seriously, part 1 Naruto is underrated!!

and Sakura was actually useful in Gaara Rescue arc, too bad she never became useful again..

Apr 28, 2019 2:04 AM

Feb 2014
The anime adaptation of Rudyard Kipling's Jungle Book. I grew up watching it and it was not only the first anime, but also probably the first animation I ever watched. Although, I didn't know it was an anime until I started watching anime online in late 2013 and stumbled onto it on MAL.
Apr 28, 2019 5:53 AM

Jan 2017
Dave_Adrian said:

I agree that Shippuden has a lot more character development towards the main characters (Naruto, Sasuke, Kakashi) but part 1 Naruto... damn bruhh, everyone shines!!! (Rock Lee, Gaara, Tsunade, Hiruzen, Shikamaru, Neji, Choji, hell.. even Kiba and Shino!!)
Yeah they do but not in the way i'm talking bout. In shippuden, we get to know bout the past of almost every character (Shikamaru, Choji, Obito, Pain, Hitachi, Madara etc). How much their past is responsible for the person they are right now, how much they have suffered, how much they have gained.....i mean it's more on the sentimental level. Shippuden attached me to all these characters.

Dave_Adrian said:

I dont think MAL agrees with u on this. Its the 10th most popular anime on this site. And if u ask someone that which one is better between the two, most of them would go with Naruto.

Dave_Adrian said:

and Sakura was actually useful in Gaara Rescue arc, too bad she never became useful again..
I think being useful and being annoying are two different things. No matter how much useful she was, it didnt make her less annoying to me.
Apr 28, 2019 6:29 AM

Jan 2018
silent_knight98 said:
Dave_Adrian said:

Yeah they do but not in the way i'm talking bout. In shippuden, we get to know bout the past of almost every character (Shikamaru, Choji, Obito, Pain, Hitachi, Madara etc). How much their past is responsible for the person they are right now, how much they have suffered, how much they have gained.....i mean it's more on the sentimental level. Shippuden attached me to all these characters.

Dave_Adrian said:

I dont think MAL agrees with u on this. Its the 10th most popular anime on this site. And if u ask someone that which one is better between the two, most of them would go with Naruto.

Dave_Adrian said:

I think being useful and being annoying are two different things. No matter how much useful she was, it didnt make her less annoying to me.

Part 1 of Naruto is underrated cuz its score is pretty low IMO (7.8??? Wtf!) And most people actually prefer Shippuden for some reason.. (cuz Part 1 is full of brats.. R u kidding me??)

Apr 28, 2019 6:34 AM

Nov 2016
For me that will be Neon Genesis Evangelion which introduced me to anime in general. It was the first anime I ever watched. Still remember gatherings at my friends place when they were airing NGE on tv at 1am right after the game show. Unfortunately this tv channel disappeared. Pity.

When you get Signature removed once again.
Apr 28, 2019 8:37 AM
Oct 2018
Rurouni Kenshin..
3rd season is just filler, but I love it so much.
Apr 28, 2019 8:40 AM
Jun 2016
If only at the top place then March Comes in Like a Lion
Apr 28, 2019 8:42 AM

Apr 2014
Gakuen Alice. One of my first anime.

Apr 28, 2019 9:17 AM

Jan 2017
Dave_Adrian said:

Part 1 of Naruto is underrated cuz its score is pretty low IMO (7.8??? Wtf!) And most people actually prefer Shippuden for some reason.. (cuz Part 1 is full of brats.. R u kidding me??)
Ummm.....
I dont know bro XD
I've been active on MAL forums for more than two years now and the only thing Shippuden gets here is troll and hatred. Maybe u are talking bout another community coz Shippuden is very popular among casual fans who dont watch much anime, i accept that much.
Apr 28, 2019 9:21 AM
Apr 2019
One Piece and Dragon Ball Z :D

These animes was the reason I got into Anime In the first place and I feel very nostalgic when I watch them... ^_^

#AnimeIsAlwaysGreat
Apr 28, 2019 9:46 AM
Feb 2019
Had to be all the 90s animes growing up basically. The ones on fox 5 and wb11 after school and Saturday mornings (pokemon digimon yugioh etc) then toonami(dB,dbd zoids, gundam) and staying up late to catch adult swim (inuyasha, kenshin, yu yu hakusho, trigun, cowboy bebop) Now though has to be Your name, your lie in April and plastic memories. Just hearing the OPs and some of the tracks makes my heart sink haha. Too many to name I think all in all every show has a special place
Apr 29, 2019 10:00 AM

Dec 2018
Sword Art Online - it isn't my favorite show, nor was it particularly enjoyable. However, it was my first 'real' venture into the anime medium and I haven't looked back since.
Apr 29, 2019 10:10 AM

Jan 2018
Crashing_wavesSz said:
Had to be all the 90s animes growing up basically. The ones on fox 5 and wb11 after school and Saturday mornings (pokemon digimon yugioh etc) then toonami(dB,dbd zoids, gundam) and staying up late to catch adult swim (inuyasha, kenshin, yu yu hakusho, trigun, cowboy bebop) Now though has to be Your name, your lie in April and plastic memories. Just hearing the OPs and some of the tracks makes my heart sink haha. Too many to name I think all in all every show has a special place

You got a really big fucking heart to fit all dem anime in there

Apr 29, 2019 12:46 PM
Oct 2018
Everything in my top 10.
1. Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood(manga also because it is a little bit better)
2. Hunter X Hunter
3.Gintama
4.One punch man
5.Fate/Zero
6.Mob psycho 100
7.Blood Blockade Battlefront
8.Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
9.Jojo's bizarre adventure
10.FLCL
Everyone of these series is a masterpiece to me. My manga list a completely different thing.
Dec 28, 2020 3:15 AM

Mar 2016
One piece and classroom of the elite.

just wanna feel wanted by someone other than the police 😫
Dec 28, 2020 3:19 AM
Jul 2016
very simple... it's Bleach, Bleach will forever have a special place in my heart. Bleach was the first anime that I went out of my way to seek out and watch the entire series. I had seen some anime before but it was stuff like FMA 03 and Dragon Ball which just happened to be on tv.
No matter what anyone says about the quality of Bleach I will always love it
Dec 28, 2020 3:34 AM

Aug 2019
Fairy Tail was the first long running shounen I ever watched and it holds a special place in my heart for that.

Fate/Zero is probably the most special anime to me mainly coz I love all the characters in it and it's so fucking good.

Your Lie in April and Erased hold another place in my heart. I was already depressed when watching those and they made me even more depressed earning a sort of special place in my heart (if that makes any sense?).
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

222 by Shizuna »»
4 minutes ago

» Do you consider the opening(s) and ending(s) when rating an anime? ( 1 2 )

Hacker075 - Mar 15

61 by maya2003s »»
5 minutes ago

» Would you be surprised if someone said your favorite anime was the greatest anime of all time? ( 1 2 )

MeanMrMusician - Mar 28

57 by shiro-seishun »»
6 minutes ago

» Skibidi toilet piece part 2 (the sequel)

Cyborgium - 3 hours ago

3 by Spunkert »»
6 minutes ago

» Is it over for newcomer boomers?

LenRea - Apr 24

30 by LenRea »»
11 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.