Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 3, 2019 3:38 AM

Jan 2009
Executives ignored the problem until it was already a key pillar of the platform

A system built to attract the maximum amount of user attention succeeds beyond all expectation, only to wind up promoting dangerous misinformation and hate speech around the world. It’s a story we have considered often in the context of Facebook, which has responded to the criticism with a promise to change the very nature of the company. And it’s a story we have not discussed nearly enough in the context of YouTube, which has promoted a similarly disturbing network of extremists and foreign propagandists and has tended to intervene cautiously and with underwhelming force.

In a major new report for Bloomberg, Mark Bergen begins to give us some answers. Over nearly 4,000 words, he outlines how YouTube pursued users’ attention with single-minded zeal, quashed internal criticism, and even discouraged employees from searching for videos that violate its rules, for fear it would cause the company to lose its safe harbor protections under the Communications Decency Act. As late as 2017, YouTube CEO Susan Wojcicki was reportedly pushing a revamp of the company’s business model to pay creators based on how much attention they attracted — despite mounting internal evidence that these engagement-based metrics incentivize the production of videos designed to outrage people, raising the risk of real-world violence.

https://www.theverge.com/interface/2019/4/3/18293293/youtube-extremism-criticism-bloomberg

its no secret that youtube is full of far right commenters for example so this is the reason
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 3, 2019 4:40 AM

Jul 2007
I imagine you can find thriving extremist networks on just about any website that allows user interaction.
Apr 3, 2019 4:48 AM

Jan 2009
Scud said:
I imagine you can find thriving extremist networks on just about any website that allows user interaction.

its much easier to find this kind of misinformation and hate speech on youtube though like watch one of those videos and suddenly a lot of the recommended videos for you are more about those kinds of videos, i have experience that in the past
Apr 3, 2019 5:17 PM

Nov 2008
I don't trust the Verge or any fully digital MSM outlet on this. They just label any alternative media as fake news and not just stuff from Stormfront or anything even close to it for example. The digital media used to go after Tim Pool all the time and that guy is not even conservative. I'd rather trust a federal investigation over them.

Apr 3, 2019 5:35 PM

Apr 2012
the recommendation algorithm discourages alternate viewpoints though i'm sure it was not intentional when it was first planned

although it can be as harmless as finding more content that you love to watch, it can help burrow people deeper into their beliefs (in this case extreme views) bc they will be inundated with the same shit over and over again

Apr 4, 2019 5:46 AM

Aug 2013
The error is the base, we thought internet could improve automatically people, thank at the condivision, but it was a sap semplification, internet is only an extension of real life, so it's normal someone disseminate hate or disinformation or something else of negative, because already happen in real life, in internet this people have found another possibility to disseminate own thought.
About Facebook, Youtube, and similar, I think they doesn't matter really of this questions, they have only interest for money, for this powerdul companies is more important create a good image of theirself, not resolve really the problems, also because they are interested only in money.
If you think about privacy, time ago it was unthinkable give own phone number, now is normal for most people, like giving many of own personal data. And we think is a scandal if someone like Zuckenberg seel personal data users to some companies, but it's ridicolous because we gave this data, we're too idiot, they want our personal data because in this manner they obtain control, with control thwy have power, with the power they can gain much more money.
They search to improve the situation only when a scandal ruin the image of the society, we can't believe in them because they want to screw each one.
So the extremism and everything negative will continue to prosper for long time I think, at least until it is convenient for someone
Apr 4, 2019 5:51 AM
Oct 2018
YouTube comment section is cancer as claimed by my friend once. He is absolutely right.
Apr 4, 2019 6:19 AM

Apr 2015
I don't believe in censorship based on the potential to cause someone to riot or harm someone else. Unless it's actually harming someone, leave it up.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Apr 4, 2019 10:56 AM

Jul 2015
idk what changed w/ recommendation algorithm at youtube
am used to be able to have youtubg auto-play running and would occasionally land me on neat music/artists from same genre that am previously unaware of.

but now it just keeps auto-playing the same vidoes am already seen, w/ occasional random trending video that is completely irrelevant to the previous content.

ex: listening to japanese doujin music, but then suddenly wind up on Dead Or Alive - You Spin Me Round
Apr 4, 2019 12:33 PM

Oct 2014
Considering how normal content creators have been rather pissed about Youtube in general lately, I can't help but think that this claim here is non-sense, since it seems like Youtube has a "guilty until proven innocence" mindset. Difficult to get videos taken down? Hah, yea right....
Apr 4, 2019 1:09 PM

Nov 2018
The only ideologies that can survive free speech tends to be right wing. Left wing ideologies needs to censor the right wing ideologies to survive. So of course right wing ideologies will be formed all over the internet as its the only place you can actually say what you really think.
Apr 5, 2019 4:17 PM

Oct 2014
So what are Far right Channels on youtube? what makes them far right?
as far as I know, sites like the Verge labels right wingers as far Right.
Apr 5, 2019 4:52 PM

Sep 2012
Bourmegar said:

anyone right of john mccain basically.

Oh maybe, maybe it's the clothes we wear
The tasteless bracelets and the dye in our hair
Or maybe, maybe it's our nowhere towns or our nothing places
But we're trash, you and me
We're the litter on the breeze
We're the lovers on the streets
Just trash, me and you
It's in everything we do
It's in everything we do

Apr 5, 2019 4:57 PM

Jan 2009
Bourmegar said:

here is an example

i think youtube made it hard to search for more extreme videos like that, since if i search the Moon Landing is fake right now it shows verified mainstream news channels now a days unlike in the past where the top results is full of those conspiracies

EDIT:

here is another good one that i just finished watching just now

the white genocide fear is real, but yes its true globalization is more about maximizing profit (capitalism) for capitalists but there is no real intention to do white genocide, the sole reason why rich countries are open to more immigration is simply to sustain economic growth, even japan right now is starting to open up its immigration because of labor shortage

full automation is not here yet so human workers are still needed and the video already mention the low birthrate of white people so there is fewer white workers now or later because of that

and the decreasing birthrate of white people should be their real concern if they fear white genocide

its simply about economics and how to sustain capitalism
degApr 5, 2019 8:00 PM
Apr 5, 2019 5:52 PM

Mar 2018
if you think youtube promote far right ideas you're out of your mind.
They promote the opposite with all their might, the progressives ideas pushed by america's left are pushed by all big tech companies.
Imo those ideas are plain wrong, obviously black and white are not the same nor is a man and a woman and being transgender or gay is obviously a disorder.
Don't know what the point is in trying to push those crazy ideas everywhere but it's not surprising from a country where the president and governors have to pretend to believe in god.
10 years ago you young weebs would have been on 4 chan getting educated instead of following those blue haired ideas and complaining about non existant problems.
Concerning videos about missinformation like LHC is opening a portal to hell and other conspiracies, I don't really mind cause it's not illegal to lie and it's not wildly promoted. If people can't make the difference or want to believe lies it's on them, if we start banning all that's wrong there won't be much left.
Apr 5, 2019 6:29 PM

Jan 2009
Oz1888 said:

"Twitter is a tiny echo chamber. I'm not sure the left understand the monumental ass-whupping being dished out to them on YouTube."

Thus reads a tweet posted this Tuesday by InfoWars editor Paul Joseph Watson, who you may remember best as the right-wing vlogger

https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/3dy7vb/why-the-right-is-dominating-youtube

The alt-right loves YouTube
Two new reports suggest that YouTube is ground zero for far-right movement recruiting.
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/10/15/17979118/youtube-alt-right-two-reports

and about your discrimination opinions (racism, anti-LGBT) i say those kinds of beliefs can worsen to hate mentality

the world is about globalization for a long time now mainly for economic growth reason, sure it can cause social conflicts but like with real life socializing once you start treating others as your equal or fellow human being then those differences will fade away
Apr 5, 2019 8:55 PM

Mar 2018
deg said:
Oz1888 said:

"Twitter is a tiny echo chamber. I'm not sure the left understand the monumental ass-whupping being dished out to them on YouTube."

Thus reads a tweet posted this Tuesday by InfoWars editor Paul Joseph Watson, who you may remember best as the right-wing vlogger

Two new reports suggest that YouTube is ground zero for far-right movement recruiting.
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/10/15/17979118/youtube-alt-right-two-reports

and about your discrimination opinions (racism, anti-LGBT) i say those kinds of beliefs can worsen to hate mentality

the world is about globalization for a long time now mainly for economic growth reason, sure it can cause social conflicts but like with real life socializing once you start treating others as your equal or fellow human being then those differences will fade away

you link vox and vice which are the most fake news biased bullshit I'm talking about. Once again if you like to believe bullshit you're free to do so but you can probably see the dissonance of you complaining about misinformation when your source is misinformation in a nutshell.
If saying black is different to white is racist then reality is intrinsically racist, that's why those idea won't stand for long, science will prevail when hysteria will go down.
Apr 5, 2019 9:59 PM

Jan 2009
Oz1888 said:
deg said:

you link vox and vice which are the most fake news biased bullshit I'm talking about. Once again if you like to believe bullshit you're free to do so but you can probably see the dissonance of you complaining about misinformation when your source is misinformation in a nutshell.
If saying black is different to white is racist then reality is intrinsically racist, that's why those idea won't stand for long, science will prevail when hysteria will go down.

tsk youre hopeless enjoy your discriminatory beliefs full of hate then in the name of those so called science like scientific racism/sexism and social darwinism
degApr 5, 2019 11:14 PM
Apr 5, 2019 11:49 PM

Jun 2008
This all started with the Anti-SJW movement.

People like Sargon of Akkad making video after video pushing this shit through and he went from having almost no subscribers to now almost ONE MILLION.

Even people like Richard Spencer has credited Sargon for being an “entry point” for many White Nationalists.

And I’ll admit, at one point, I also liked Sargon’s content very much...I mean who the hell likes SJWs?

And it was fun to see people mock and thoroughly trash those retards...the problem is that it went from Trashing SJWs to trashing the ENTIRE “Left” which is just absurd.

Then when the 2016 Election was ramping up...all of a sudden people who call themselves “Liberal” are pushing for Trump to get elected!

Because Hillary was an extension of Feminism and SJWs in their minds...and those evil SJWs are the literal DEVIL!

Then it became more and more Right-Wing...you have various “Anti-SJWs” saying things like “well what’s wrong with White People wanting their own ethnostate” and other Alt-Right talking points...

Apr 5, 2019 11:57 PM
Jul 2018
KeylonLongfist said:
The recommendation system can really infest your feed with all kinds of shit if you just watch one or two videos from channels you might actually not want to watch on a regular basis. So it's Youtube algorithm's fault as much as anything. But who can resist clicking on "Ben Shapiro destroying people with FACTS AND LOGIC" from time to time?

Can someone please make a Ben Shapiro cringe compilation video? And one for Jordan Peterson? I don't want to taint my youtube recs searching for them, someone let me know if they already exist.

There's already a cringe compilation for the moron that is Baked Alaska, and Alex Jones we need more cringe compilations. Where's Vic Berger when you need him?
Apr 6, 2019 3:55 AM

May 2018
The fact that people like Sargon and other early crusaders have pushed aside for being too mild or collected should tell you all you need to know about the current state of the YT alt-right circle-jerk.

It's almost a given that the primary audience of the channels in question is an uneducated, under-employed, and angry collective who see themselves losing in life, so they seek affirmation in their "opponents" (liberals, feminists, SJWs, etc.) being defeated/pwned/schooled through logic.

Would these dead-enders be radicalized without the propaganda? If not, should the remainder of society step in to clamp down on things? Would it actually make a difference in terms of violent outbursts and terrorism? That's where the meat of the free speech vs safety debate ultimately rests.
Harem is the opiate of the Anime fandom masses.
Apr 6, 2019 11:22 AM

Jun 2011
yes, yes the left and right both have extremist dumbasses but I highly doubt trying to censor one side is the answer.
Apr 6, 2019 11:44 AM
Jul 2018
Oz1888 said:
deg said:

I wish, but that won't happen, because we already have scientists being fired and studies not being published for being racist.
Apr 6, 2019 3:00 PM

Jan 2009
Aldnox said:
we already have scientists being fired and studies not being published for being racist.

do not forget that majority in the scientific community calls scientific racism, scientific sexism, social darwinism, etc as pseudoscience too

the alt-right even has a new term that can unify all of that called "human biodiversity" (it also can include diversity in cultures) that should be maintained and its clever way to trick the left wing that promotes "diversity as strength" and multiculturalism

but do not deny the alt-right really use those to justify discrimination (racism, sexism, anti-LGBT, etc) and superiority of the "white males or just males" that also use to justify "white nationalism or just nationalism" so its a dangerous belief because it wants the world to go back when there are much wars cause by nationalism and there are less rights for black people, females, LGBT, etc

and genetic editing (like CRISPR) will become mainstream sooner or later so genetic inferiority can be improve

Apr 6, 2019 3:36 PM

Jun 2011
deg said:
Aldnox said:
we already have scientists being fired and studies not being published for being racist.

but do not deny the alt-right really use those to justify discrimination (racism, sexism, anti-LGBT, etc) and superiority of the "white males or just males" that also use to justify "white nationalism or just nationalism" so its a dangerous belief because it wants the world to go back when there are much wars cause by nationalism and there are less rights for black people, females, LGBT, etc
people using things wrong (like stats) is not a good excuse to ignore those types of things, and certainly not a good reason to get people fired...... and again I'm pretty certain it happens from both sides, but it seems like one has more consequences since it's not PC

Though I will take this time (especially since I'll weirdly enough be labeled a racist for the mere mention that maybe there are differences) to stress that I dont believe much in the different races having different IQ's thing being proof of some races naturally being smarter, there's so many other factors that go into it that it's just wishful thinking for racists to believe it does (culture and poverty are just 2 of the many factors that make any claim like that unsubstantiated and an example of people trying to find any reason to make their racism legit).... not too mention IQ scores supposedly being a bad indicator of intelligence to begin with but I dont know much about that part

Oh also the silence of science because it's "dangerous" beliefs sounds very similar to the days where they did it for religious reasons
Apr 6, 2019 3:49 PM

Jan 2009
Killaclown said:
deg said:

people using things wrong (like stats) is not a good excuse to ignore those types of things, and certainly not a good reason to get people fired...... and again I'm pretty certain it happens from both sides, but it seems like one has more consequences since it's not PC

Though I will take this time (especially since I'll weirdly enough be labeled a racist for the mere mention that maybe there are differences) to stress that I dont believe much in the different races having different IQ's thing being proof of some races naturally being smarter, there's so many other factors that go into it that it's just wishful thinking for racists to believe it does (culture and poverty are just 2 of the many factors that make any claim like that unsubstantiated and an example of people trying to find any reason to make their racism legit).... not too mention IQ scores supposedly being a bad indicator of intelligence to begin with but I dont know much about that part

Oh also the silence of science because it's "dangerous" beliefs sounds very similar to the days where they did it for religious reasons

as the saying goes "when your accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression" the alt-right just hate equality and they do not want to lose their social dominance like white privilege thats why they are mocking social justice warriors a lot too

yes the natural world is unfair (i say even science proves this too) but society is man made and a lot of society today is pushing for social justice or equality for all since history have shown that going back to unfair times is dangerous like i pointed out earlier

and sure dangerous science should not be censored but im no expert like the majority of scientists claiming those dangerous science are pseudoscience

Apr 6, 2019 3:56 PM

Feb 2010
Killaclown said:
deg said:

i should also point out.
those "studies" that get rejects because they often suffer from sampling bias and also claim an average when not using a sample size that is anywhere close to any modern day population average. agenda pushing research always leads to bias results.

look at that cheating website that recently pushed a claim saying a majority of woman enjoy cheating.

do you really think people like that can be trusted to make none bias research?
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Apr 6, 2019 3:57 PM

Jun 2011
deg said:
Killaclown said:

as the saying goes "when your accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression" the alt-right just hate equality and they do not want to lose their social dominance like white privilege thats why they are mocking social justice warriors a lot too

yes the natural world is unfair (i say even science proves this too) but society is man made and a lot of society today is pushing for social justice or equality for all since history have shown that going back to unfair times is dangerous like i pointed out earlier

and sure dangerous science should not be censored but im no expert like the majority of scientists claiming those dangerous science are pseudoscience

trust me it's far from just the Alt-right that are mocking the SJW's, though personally think they both suck

Pushing for an end to racism and sexism through sexism and racism just isnt my idea of going about it lol

If you want to talk about how bad "pseudoscience" is that's fine, but not when it only applies to ideas that you dont like, the same measurements should apply to all. You are kidding yourself if you think it only comes from the right
Apr 6, 2019 4:03 PM

Jan 2009
Killaclown said:
deg said:

trust me it's far from just the Alt-right that are mocking the SJW's, though personally think they both suck

Pushing for an end to racism and sexism through sexism and racism just isnt my idea of going about it lol

If you want to talk about how bad "pseudoscience" is that's fine, but not when it only applies to ideas that you dont like, the same measurements should apply to all. You are kidding yourself if you think it only comes from the right

>Pushing for an end to racism and sexism through sexism and racism just isnt my idea of going about it lol

what do you mean by this? can you elaborate?

and about whats considered pseudoscience im just gonna say that again im no expert thats why i will just rely on scientific consensus (majority of scientists stance) but again im fine if dangerous science that are proven will be publish
Apr 6, 2019 4:31 PM

Jun 2011
@deg well for starters things like affirmative action, while I'm not 100% against it, it's less needed now more than ever yet also more pushed now more than ever, things like wanting 50% men and 50% women even though there are 90% men applicants and 10%women applicants (in certain areas) is just stupid. This also reminds me of this funny interwebs thing that happened where some online "news outlet" or something to that effect (I dont really remember honestly), posted a pic of the fact all their editors are female (like that's a good thing).... though they got SJW played by people commenting none were black lmao..... theres also hate speech laws in some countries (not the US) that seem to only protect women and minorities.... also theres this thing in Canada where you can accuse someone of rape in a more civil lawsuit than whatever the thing that sends the person to prison is lol (where the "innocent until proven guilty doesn't hold up as much).

Well honestly I dont really follow that kind of stuff other than the stat shit, and even that has shown to be very misleading by the way they ask the question, and then say "oh 20% of women in college have been sexually assaulted", and this probably isn't really "science" but how from what I've heard about the wage gap is it isnt even recognized as a real thing from a sexism point from economists yet even the last president of the US has talked about that.... though that seems a little less significant with trump as president, though hes such a joke SMH.
Apr 6, 2019 4:40 PM

Mar 2018
@deg you can probably consider that you might be in the wrong when everyone on a forum anime disagrees with you.
Screaming racist and homophobe to everyone who state facts can only get you so far.
You should stay on twitter screeching into the void everytime a non new black transgender character is released and close your eyes everytime someone explode a female world record by saying he is a woman for 5 min.
Apr 6, 2019 4:50 PM

Feb 2010
Oz1888 said:
@deg you can probably consider that you might be in the wrong when everyone on a forum anime disagrees with you.
Screaming racist and homophobe to everyone who state facts can only get you so far.
You should stay on twitter screeching into the void everytime a non new black transgender character is released and close your eyes everytime someone explode a female world record by saying he is a woman for 5 min.

i'm sorry when did you start speaking for me and the thousands of others? whose this everyone you speak of?

Also you could also reverse that and say stay on your dark corner of the internet screeching into the void because the author of a series made a character black or gay because they wanted to.

theirs such thing as writing a character for the sake of writing and not for quotas, but apparently I've seen so many accuse authors of SJWism any time they make a character that they as the author wanted.

SJW are bad and awful, but lets face it. the Anti-SJW are quickly becoming what they hate.

4chan is not a very good place to get an "education." from.

also a hypothesis is not a fact.

GrimAtramentApr 6, 2019 4:59 PM
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Apr 6, 2019 5:34 PM

Jan 2009
Killaclown said:
@deg well for starters things like affirmative action, while I'm not 100% against it, it's less needed now more than ever yet also more pushed now more than ever, things like wanting 50% men and 50% women even though there are 90% men applicants and 10%women applicants (in certain areas) is just stupid. This also reminds me of this funny interwebs thing that happened where some online "news outlet" or something to that effect (I dont really remember honestly), posted a pic of the fact all their editors are female (like that's a good thing).... though they got SJW played by people commenting none were black lmao..... theres also hate speech laws in some countries (not the US) that seem to only protect women and minorities.... also theres this thing in Canada where you can accuse someone of rape in a more civil lawsuit than whatever the thing that sends the person to prison is lol (where the "innocent until proven guilty doesn't hold up as much).

Well honestly I dont really follow that kind of stuff other than the stat shit, and even that has shown to be very misleading by the way they ask the question, and then say "oh 20% of women in college have been sexually assaulted", and this probably isn't really "science" but how from what I've heard about the wage gap is it isnt even recognized as a real thing from a sexism point from economists yet even the last president of the US has talked about that.... though that seems a little less significant with trump as president, though hes such a joke SMH.

social equality laws will improve but you gotta admit that male privilege and white privilege exist so that means we males still have more rights than the rest for example

@Oz1888

no point taking you seriously when you are using science for discrimination, again the natural world is unfair thats a given but society is man made and modern societies are pushing for equality

yes science is about facts but that does not mean it should be use for dangerous ideologies or deny social reforms, there is a reason some science and technology are subject to regulations for ethics reason like the regulation for cloning, genetic editing, killer robots, nuclear weapons, etc
degApr 6, 2019 5:41 PM
Apr 6, 2019 5:52 PM

May 2010
If your ideologies and social reforms are anti-science, then what are we supposed to do lol?

If your only basis for if something is right or wrong is your own tiny feelings, then how are we to come to a consensus?

Pro-tip: we don't. Because what you decide today will be different tomorrow anyways. Meanwhile those of us on the scientific side will find ourselves in perpetual agreement.
Apr 6, 2019 5:54 PM

Jan 2009
Thrashinuva said:
If your ideologies and social reforms are anti-science, then what are we supposed to do lol?

If your only basis for if something is right or wrong is your own tiny feelings, then how are we to come to a consensus?

Pro-tip: we don't. Because what you decide today will be different tomorrow anyways. Meanwhile those of us on the scientific side will find ourselves in perpetual agreement.

you do not understand that some science and technologies are dangerous that they put regulations in them? ethics of science and technology is a thing https://en.unesco.org/themes/ethics-science-and-technology
Apr 6, 2019 6:08 PM

May 2010
deg said:
Thrashinuva said:

you do not understand that some science and technologies are dangerous that they put regulations in them? ethics of science and technology is a thing https://en.unesco.org/themes/ethics-science-and-technology
Maybe if you don't agree with the science, you can try a hand at it yourself?

Instead of regulating based on your flimsy emotions, why not try to use science to prove your points? When you're confronted with an inevitable truth, why not take it, and see if you can build off of it, instead of determining that it's not within the scope of your emotional argument?

"Science"

It's not some one way street. Just because one person comes to a scientific conclusion doesn't mean that you can't come to a separate or opposed scientific conclusion. Science is objective regardless, but the people behind the science are fallible.

Someone like Nyu used what scientific analysis he learned to try to prove white superiority. Meanwhile, I used what scientific analysis I learned to prove equality. What you're doing when you're confronted with science that disagrees with your world view is just shutting it out and pretending it doesn't exist. In reality if you accepted it, you could possibly find situations where if you simply looked further you could take what was proven to you as fact, while proving your original point with facts the opposition had not even considered. If I had done what you do, I could not have argued equality to someone like Nyu.
Apr 6, 2019 6:26 PM

Jan 2009
Thrashinuva said:
deg said:

Instead of regulating based on your flimsy emotions, why not try to use science to prove your points? When you're confronted with an inevitable truth, why not take it, and see if you can build off of it, instead of determining that it's not within the scope of your emotional argument?

"Science"

It's not some one way street. Just because one person comes to a scientific conclusion doesn't mean that you can't come to a separate or opposed scientific conclusion. Science is objective regardless, but the people behind the science are fallible.

Someone like Nyu used what scientific analysis he learned to try to prove white superiority. Meanwhile, I used what scientific analysis I learned to prove equality. What you're doing when you're confronted with science that disagrees with your world view is just shutting it out and pretending it doesn't exist. In reality if you accepted it, you could possibly find situations where if you simply looked further you could take what was proven to you as fact, while proving your original point with facts the opposition had not even considered. If I had done what you do, I could not have argued equality to someone like Nyu.

you just miss or ignored the entire point of ethics of science and technology

the majority in the scientific community says the alt-right claims are psuedoscience

and this kind of social taboo science needs experts to debunk them, and im not an expert on this and so are you and Nyu

but lets say that alt-right claims are indeed factual science, you bet it will be subject to ethics of science and technology later on and push for regulations since it will encourage more discrimination and make the bad history repeat itself

Apr 6, 2019 6:46 PM

Jun 2011
deg said:
Killaclown said:

social equality laws will improve but you gotta admit that male privilege and white privilege exist so that means we males still have more rights than the rest for example
ok first off I dont think "rights" is really the right word since I cant think of any rights white ppl or males specifically have....... 2nd I already said fixing racism and sexism with MORE racism and sexism is bad (not that it didn't exist), it's like when a car starts sliding one way and you over correct the other way but accidentally make it even worse. Social equality laws and ideas need to be settled now not just later since it shows no sign of stopping except from ppl who are automatically labeled alt-right for the *sarcasm* audacity to disagree. With things like hate speech laws and companies preaching about the 50/50 and wage gap stuff its already past the point where we need to say "ok maybe we need to pump the breaks a bit"... and is a lot harder to come back from since like I said everyone against it is vilified
Apr 6, 2019 6:58 PM

May 2010
deg said:
Thrashinuva said:

"Science"

the majority in the scientific community says the alt-right claims are psuedoscience

and this kind of social taboo science needs experts to debunk them, and im not an expert on this and so are you and Nyu

but lets say that alt-right claims are indeed factual science, you bet it will be subject to ethics of science and technology later on and push for regulations since it will encourage more discrimination and make the bad history repeat itself

You think our ancient ancestors were expert astronomers when they determined the Earth was round?

Even still, a lot of things are already settled, it's just that society forgets and people take up only parts of the whole and come to the wrong conclusions because of it. All you have to do is find the rest of the parts to make up the entire whole and present it.

It's not pseudoscience because you feel it is the case, it's pseudoscience because there's real science that disproves it.

When I come here and present you with facts, I'm not here to present to you that I am the one that proved it myself, I'm here to you to present the record as has already been demonstrated before I ever would have thought to seek it out. It doesn't take an expert to find information and present it, regardless of what that information might be.

What you're doing is simply giving into those flawed feelings of yours that say "despite the very clear examples in front of me of people providing the proper evidence to settle arguments, I feel that I cannot do such a thing, and therefore I will reject that reality".

No one wants to argue your feelings, except maybe you.
Apr 6, 2019 7:05 PM

Jan 2009
Killaclown said:
deg said:

ok first off I dont think "rights" is really the right word since I cant think of any rights white ppl or males specifically have....... 2nd I already said fixing racism and sexism with MORE racism and sexism is bad (not that it didn't exist), it's like when a car starts sliding one way and you over correct the other way but accidentally make it even worse. Social equality laws and ideas need to be settled now not just later since it shows no sign of stopping except from ppl who are automatically labeled alt-right for the *sarcasm* audacity to disagree. With things like hate speech laws and companies preaching about the 50/50 and wage gap stuff its already past the point where we need to say "ok maybe we need to pump the breaks a bit"... and is a lot harder to come back from since like I said everyone against it is vilified

when its comes to racism and sexism vs racism and sexism that is normal way of arguing for equal rights or more rights if the other side has less and do you want that to stop? i thought you do not want censorship and want total freedom of speech

and also vote democrat then since they care about making anti-discrimination laws more

Thrashinuva said:
deg said:

You think our ancient ancestors were expert astronomers when they determined the Earth was round?

Even still, a lot of things are already settled, it's just that society forgets and people take up only parts of the whole and come to the wrong conclusions because of it. All you have to do is find the rest of the parts to make up the entire whole and present it.

It's not pseudoscience because you feel it is the case, it's pseudoscience because there's real science that disproves it.

When I come here and present you with facts, I'm not here to present to you that I am the one that proved it myself, I'm here to you to present the record as has already been demonstrated before I ever would have thought to seek it out. It doesn't take an expert to find information and present it, regardless of what that information might be.

What you're doing is simply giving into those flawed feelings of yours that say "despite the very clear examples in front of me of people providing the proper evidence to settle arguments, I feel that I cannot do such a thing, and therefore I will reject that reality".

No one wants to argue your feelings, except maybe you.

lol its not about muh feelings its about me knowing that i got limits

and those ancestors your claiming are the few geniuses of their respective time

and its not me saying its pseudoscience its the majority of the scientific community that claims its pseudoscience

in the past i have done that argument of yours of finding or googling and posting facts to disprove Nyu's claim and even that other racial realist user that i forgot his name even @hazarddex did too and it was long threads that is just tiring

and ye i can simply do that again and google facts that debunks the scientific racism, sexism here but im too lazy to do that now

but i will tell you this some of scientific racism claims of the alt-right are hard to debunk and you cannot simply google infos that disprove them

so that is also the reason i say those things needs experts or more knowledgeable people to debunk them

and there is a reason why disinformation like fake news, pseudoscience, conspiracy theories are getting popular because they are easily believable and hard to be identified as wrong, take for example the pizzagate theory a lot of people here totally believe it and i think i also remember you defending it

EDIT:

anyway you make this about muh feelings which is not the point i was initially making which is if a science is dangerous then ethics will be applied to it to make proper regulations about it
degApr 7, 2019 3:32 AM
Apr 6, 2019 7:28 PM

Jun 2011
deg said:
Killaclown said:

when its comes to racism and sexism vs racism and sexism that is normal way of arguing for equal rights or more rights if the other side has less and do you want that to stop? i thought you do not want censorship and want total freedom of speech

and also vote democrat then since they care about making anti-discrimination laws more
never said anything about stopping freedom of speech, but a leader of a company specifically saying they are going to try and hire more women/minorities because they dont think its enough (even though that's because of application rates) that's a different story... it stops being freedom of speech and starts being discrimination.

Oh democrats are loving their discrimination right now, they just choose to aim it differently than the alt-right, and it seems a lot more mainstream than the extreme right.... like I've pointed out there is already laws about hate speech in Canada and Britain (and I'm assuming other places in Europe like Switzerland or something). I've actually been more left leaning most my life, just not so much now, too many are actually proud of their sexism and racism since its against the "right" sex or minority
Apr 6, 2019 7:44 PM

Jan 2009
Killaclown said:
deg said:

never said anything about stopping freedom of speech, but a leader of a company specifically saying they are going to try and hire more women/minorities because they dont think its enough (even though that's because of application rates) that's a different story... it stops being freedom of speech and starts being discrimination.

Oh democrats are loving their discrimination right now, they just choose to aim it differently than the alt-right, and it seems a lot more mainstream than the extreme right.... like I've pointed out there is already laws about hate speech in Canada and Britain (and I'm assuming other places in Europe like Switzerland or something). I've actually been more left leaning most my life, just not so much now, too many are actually proud of their sexism and racism since its against the "right" sex or minority

they call it positive discrimination that is synonymous to affirmative action, basically they will discriminate against a few in order to achieve more diversity that is just another fancy thing of equality

but i do not mind if that kind of equality policy is gone and all embrace full on merit base system

although in the case of universities for example then do not be surprise if suddenly an overwhelming majority of students there in USA are all asians that are historically shown to be top scorers on admission tests
Apr 6, 2019 7:52 PM

Jan 2019
"FaR RIgHT" lmfao i mostly see stuff from left leaning centrists and far left. Hell, Sargon is far left in terms of politics.
I'm new.

Apr 6, 2019 7:57 PM

Jun 2011
deg said:
Killaclown said:

they call it positive discrimination that is synonymous to affirmative action, basically they will discriminate against a few in order to achieve more diversity that is just another fancy thing of equality

but i do not mind if that kind of equality policy is gone and all embrace full on merit base system

although in the case of universities for example then do not be surprise if suddenly an overwhelming majority of students there in USA are all asians that are historically shown to be top scorers on admission tests
well it wouldn't be a majority (yet), just a higher percentage.... dont see anything wrong with that though, not only are things like that preferable on a not wanting to discriminate level, but having the best people for jobs that you can would basically help everyone (with the likely exception of whoever would have got the job/college placement due to discrimination)

Edit: but worries me about the left is this.... do you honestly believe it's more likely that the US would do some ethno-state BS or do something like creating hate speech laws?
Apr 6, 2019 8:22 PM

Jan 2009
Killaclown said:
deg said:

well it wouldn't be a majority (yet), just a higher percentage.... dont see anything wrong with that though, not only are things like that preferable on a not wanting to discriminate level, but having the best people for jobs that you can would basically help everyone (with the likely exception of whoever would have got the job/college placement due to discrimination)

Edit: but worries me about the left is this.... do you honestly believe it's more likely that the US would do some ethno-state BS or do something like creating hate speech laws?

about the ethno-state well that is what the white nationalists are fighting for and they are everywhere on the internet like on youtube

as for hate speech that requires constitutional amendments i heard and if the democrats wanted that to happen then they need a super majority
Apr 6, 2019 8:34 PM

Jun 2011
deg said:
Killaclown said:

about the ethno-state well that is what the white nationalists are fighting for and they are everywhere on the internet like on youtube

as for hate speech that requires constitutional amendments i heard and if the democrats wanted that to happen then they need a super majority
like a white ethno state wouldn't be unconstitutional lmfao.... eh some states could possibly get away with it if they are able to brainwash people into believing that "hate speech" causes an immediate threat of lawless action or could harm others (like how you aren't able to yell fire in a crowded place or actually say something like "it's time we drive these Mexicans out of town by force, let's go follow inbred racists!") Though of course that would be total BS

And those that are pro-ethno state seem to be absolutely dwarfed by those that seem to have a hard-on for controlling other people's speech
Apr 6, 2019 8:53 PM

Jan 2009
Killaclown said:
deg said:

like a white ethno state wouldn't be unconstitutional lmfao.... eh some states could possibly get away with it if they are able to brainwash people into believing that "hate speech" causes an immediate threat of lawless action or could harm others (like how you aren't able to yell fire in a crowded place or actually say something like "it's time we drive these Mexicans out of town by force, let's go follow inbred racists!") Though of course that would be total BS

And those that are pro-ethno state seem to be absolutely dwarfed by those that seem to have a hard-on for controlling other people's speech

but constitutional amendments are a thing so its possible

hate speech and disinformation are rampant on the internet though like this news thread shows for example
Apr 7, 2019 4:56 AM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
HavenofHentai said:
"FaR RIgHT" lmfao i mostly see stuff from left leaning centrists and far left. Hell, Sargon is far left in terms of politics.

Let me guess PJW is also left leaning?
Apr 7, 2019 10:13 AM

Mar 2014
Still remember september-to-november 2014, when all my feed of news got flooded by ISIS propaganda videos. And I am not even muslim, trololol.

SJW are bad and awful, but lets face it. the Anti-SJW are quickly becoming what they hate.

Truth, I have been saying that for quite a while. There was some retards on the millenial western left. People criticized them, because, well, they deserved it. SKEPTIC COMMUNITY.tm in special, likely because of the elevatorgate (also, most are indeed neckbeards, so that silly nontroversy Gamergate must have gotten them kinda extra passional on it.).
Then, internet memejokers like Alex Jones and his go-go-girl Paul Joseph Watson became mainstream. Then, crypo-fashys like Black Pigeon Speaks got hundreds of thousands of subs, by abusing statistics while using good editing to look professional. Then, cringe from 4chan like MGTOW and Incels started to creep in.
And let's be real, before the Charlottesville fiasco, all the anti-SJW youtube was pretty much in bed with the alt-right. The very first time on youtube Sargon criticized Nazism without equating it to Marxism/Leftism/Collectivism was in a short video about 1 or 2 weeks after it, entitled "Nazis are Bad". Wanna guess how many of his subscribers got assmad at him just by just READING THE FUCKING TITLE of the video? Hundreds, if not thousands of coments, complaining about him "punching right". You gotta ask yourself if you're doing something wrong when you believe yourself to be a centrist classical liberal, with a centrist classical liberal channel, and your 6 digits subscribers audience behaves like that when you state that right-wing totalitarian racist regime is not good.

149597871 said:
HavenofHentai said:

Let me guess PJW is also left leaning?

No, he's a moderated liberal centrist, just like Donald Trump.
/joke
FabrisApr 7, 2019 10:22 AM
FGO NA Code: 482.072.599

(F2P thug life of savings...)

Ben-to! best nonsensical action anime. Ever.
Apr 7, 2019 9:25 PM

May 2010
Trump is very clearly a liberal, but he's not a centrist, he's very clearly a republican.

@deg you are unable to distinguish what feels good and what is the truth, which is why we'll continually fail to come to terms.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.