Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 27, 2018 8:13 AM
Aug 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Finally, the movie has been added to MyAnimeList. =)

I'm glad they've made this movie since I was really disappointed by the show's direction after episode 9. It's good that they've removed all the cliché scenes, the romance part, the stupid deus ex machina thing with Yukika (I really hated Shindo and Tsukai for doing that since they don't let humanity choose what to do about ZaShunina's offer - even if what he has planned wasn't good for them).

But I really think an alternative version should have been better.

But it was good to see again that animation, to hear the musics... and to see ZaShunina, my favorite character of the show.
Kirie-sanJan 9, 2021 2:22 PM
May 27, 2018 8:42 AM

Aug 2015
Not exactly the greatest ending, but still miles better than the anime one(though any ending is probably better than that)
Sad they didnt show Yaha's and Shindou's first meeting or Tsukai becoming an admin, but still pretty good recap.
Wish they'd make an s2 with humanity advancing and going to anistropic by themselves though.
May 27, 2018 10:01 AM

Jun 2017
i don't usually like recaps, but can you find anything new in this one? (don't care about spoilers xd)
"Gradually Watermelon"
May 27, 2018 10:33 AM

Aug 2015
YumiShinku said:
i don't usually like recaps, but can you find anything new in this one? (don't care about spoilers xd)

There are a pair of new scenes and the last 15ish minutes are different from the anime
May 27, 2018 10:42 AM

Apr 2017
ZaShunina should have left the earth with his beloved Shindou a BL ending isn't a bad thing.
May 27, 2018 1:00 PM

May 2015
Is this still CGI, or real animation like in the ep 0 ?
May 27, 2018 4:52 PM

Oct 2010
Saraka Tsukai and the romance were the only major part of the show I found worth watching. The original ending was pretty bad, so I gave the "new" ending a watch to see if it'd have anything interesting... it didn't.

The OP sung by "Saraka" has 1,728 plays on lastfm and 238 of those are mine ._. I wish I could buy it on CD without buying a whale-priced BD set I have no use for. I also would have liked a copy of the unreleased soundtrack, I just love the main motif - both the bombastic version in the grand spectacle scenes, and the soft piano rendition that played during the romance scene on the bench.

@Elyasis it's CG.
Aug 8, 2018 12:38 PM

Oct 2010
Shortly after I posted that and MAL went down, I found out the OST had been released four days earlier. So I ordered it from CDJapan, the most expensive album I've ever bought.

My only complaints are 1) still no Tabiuta instrumental and 2) no Saraka on the cover. Still, totally worth it.
Oct 12, 2018 7:16 PM

Jun 2011
Where did you guys watch this?
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 13, 2018 6:30 AM
Aug 2015
ToG25thBaam said:
Where did you guys watch this?

It was available on the YouTube channel of Toei Animation from May 22nd to June 4th 2018. I don't know if they plan to release it on Blu-ray/DVD...
Oct 13, 2018 2:35 PM

Jun 2011
Kirie-san said:
It was available on the YouTube channel of Toei Animation from May 22nd to June 4th 2018. I don't know if they plan to release it on Blu-ray/DVD...
Ahh no wonder the youtube link didn't work for me earlier. Thanks!
Dec 22, 2018 3:18 AM
Aug 2015
ToG25thBaam said:
Kirie-san said:

Good news if you still want to watch it: it was announced on the anime Twitter account that the movie will be available from 12/24 10 a.m. to 12/31 10 a.m. on Toei Animation YouTube channel.

>> Source
Jan 12, 2019 11:30 AM

Jun 2011
Kirie-san said:
ToG25thBaam said:

Good news if you still want to watch it: it was announced on the anime Twitter account that the movie will be available from 12/24 10 a.m. to 12/31 10 a.m. on Toei Animation YouTube channel.

>> Source
Wew I read this a while ago but I forgot about it as I went on Christmas vacation with family until the very end of December.. Sadly missed out on it again. I dont get why they don't just have it on their channel permanently. Thanks for the notice though, appreciate it!
Jan 12, 2019 2:42 PM
Aug 2015
ToG25thBaam said:
Kirie-san said:

>> Source
Wew I read this a while ago but I forgot about it as I went on Christmas vacation with family until the very end of December.. Sadly missed out on it again. I dont get why they don't just have it on their channel permanently. Thanks for the notice though, appreciate it!

You're welcome. I think that spending Christmas vacation with your family is better than staying at home to watch the movie lol (not saying that the movie is bad, they've cut the useless part which is good, but seeing your family is important, I hoped you enjoyed it).

Maybe they'll make it available again in the future. Or maybe they're planning to make a remake (without the stupid drama with Tsukai lol).
Mar 9, 2019 9:35 AM

Mar 2019
ToG25thBaam said:
Kirie-san said:

>> Source

Not sure if you already watched it, but (after 1 hour of painful research) I finally found it!

Here: https://www.bilibili.com/video/av23887617/ - or search "kado 12.5" on bilibili.

---

As for my opinion, I like this new ending better... but still not good. This show was good for what it was, and it didn't need fighting scenes at all. Saraka was... hm... a character that shoudn't exist, in my opinion. They should have negociated with ZaShunina, that's what this anime was about.

They removed the kid scenes, and THANKS GOD. I hated it so much, i'm so so so happy they removed it.

The ending felt really fast, not rushed tho, it wasn't that big of a scene, but "they 'fight' for 2 seconds, dissapear, and everything is back to normal" doesn't convince me.

But, I just love this anime. I don't know why, but I can't hate it.
YukomonomaeMar 10, 2019 1:48 PM
Mar 10, 2019 5:51 AM
Aug 2015
yukosatsu said:
Not sure if you already watched it, but (after 1 hour of painful research) I finally found it!

Here: https://www.bilibili.com/video/av23887617/ - or search "kado 12.5" on bilibili.

---

As for my opinion, I like this new ending better... but still not good. This show was good for what it was, and it didn't need fighting scenes at all. Sayaka was... hm... a character that shoudn't exist, in my opinion. They should have negociated with ZaShunina, that's what this anime was about.

They removed the kid scenes, and THANKS GOD. I hated it so much, i'm so so so happy they removed it.

The ending felt really fast, not rushed tho, it wasn't that big of a scene, but "they 'fight' for 2 seconds, dissapear, and everything is back to normal" doesn't convince me.

I kinda agree with you, even if it doesn't change the story that much, I like the fact that the movie removed the useless scenes, especially the romance part with Saraka, Yukika's role in the end. In fact the anime at the start was really good and I also think it should have ended with some negociations between Shindo and ZaShunina.

I wish they could do a remake faithful to the original script written by Mado.
Mar 10, 2019 8:55 AM
Jul 2008
I think this movie is better than the tv series. Zashunina realized that 2 copies of living being are not same, even his own copies were different from him. Shindou should have used that point to negotiate with him. I think the story will be more interesting if they're fighting using negotiation instead of physical attack.

When I read the synopsis the first time, I was kind of expecting negotiation story like Yugo the Negotiator but he was only negotiator at the beginning and became more like mediator afterwards.

Kirie-san said:
yukosatsu said:

---

As for my opinion, I like this new ending better... but still not good. This show was good for what it was, and it didn't need fighting scenes at all. Sayaka was... hm... a character that shoudn't exist, in my opinion. They should have negociated with ZaShunina, that's what this anime was about.

I kinda agree with you, even if it doesn't change the story that much, I like the fact that the movie removed the useless scenes, especially the romance part with Saraka, Yukika's role in the end. In fact the anime at the start was really good and I also think it should have ended with some negociations between Shindo and ZaShunina.

How do you know that Saraka was not in original script? Was it mentioned somewhere?
Mar 10, 2019 1:47 PM

Mar 2019
Kirie-san said:
yukosatsu said:

---

Exactly my thoughts. This could have been a really good anime, but they kinda ruined it.
Mar 11, 2019 6:32 AM
Aug 2015
@LeonLanford: I've read it on someone's tumblr and it seems that information comes from an interview with Mado (and apparently contained in the Blu-ray/DVD volumes).

@yukosatsu: Let's hope for a remake!
Mar 11, 2019 6:49 AM

Mar 2019
Kirie-san said:
@LeonLanford: I've read it on someone's tumblr and it seems that information comes from an interview with Mado (and apparently contained in the Blu-ray/DVD volumes).

Kirie-san said:

Yeah! Let's hope <3
May 1, 2019 7:24 PM

Sep 2015
I don't get why you all think this was better. All they did was cut out bunch of scenes. And some important ones just to remove the most hated parts.
But I felt like the ending ultimately was the same.
Shindo isn't around at all, likely dead. Even if he was alive, zaShunina is probably dead.
MAYBE he returned to the anisotropic but its never confirmed since there was nothing added to it. It's just more "open to interpretation." I guess that is apparently more satisfying? For me, not really.
Not only that, some of the best scenes were missing.

As for the Saraka hate. I don't think that's warranted. I like her until the half way point I guess. All they need to do is get rid of her superpower BS, and make her less tsundere childish.
Her relatively more conservative PoV is quite logical and relatable. If done properly, it would be a foil to Shindo and zaShunina who wants to advance the world. It would be a good way to present both side of the argument.
To advance society but at such pace, it would cause socioeconomic and political instability.
I also think the romance is fine. It wasn't necessary and could just be some side thing during the final minutes as an epilogue with their daughter and stuff.
Hanamori also wouldn't need to lose 16 years of his life either.

The plot didn't need that fight at all. Here is how I would of chose the ending.
Everything up to until the cloning of Shindo could be kept. And I think that showed zaShunina a lot of human characteristics. Instead of Saraka saving him from death. It could be where zaSuhina showed mercy and spared him by simply trapping him in Kado. After all, they are close friends. A clone of him is instead released.

Most of it proceed as in the anime where the nanomis-hein is distributed. ZaShunina shows displeasure despite a supposed exact clone of Shindo is around. ZaShunina would then go back to the real Shindo. Shindo convinces him to let humanity decide. ZaShunina gets rid of the clone secretly.
zaShunina then offers humanity as a whole to go to the anisotropic and leave it to a vote. Like a political debate; Shindo, Saraka, and zaShunina discuss the pros and cons on live television.

The vote is against going to the anisotropic, which can lead to zaShunina taking drastic measures as in the anime(forcefully expand kado)
But Shindo, via a tense intellectual discussion with zaShunina, convicnes the latter to give humanity time and let humans go at their own pace. zaShunina goes back to anisotropic and finally the epilogue.

I think that would be a comparatively better way to end things.
zcv45May 1, 2019 7:46 PM
Jan 8, 2021 5:23 AM

May 2014
I'll be honest.. i actually prefer the original ending. I was expecting something completely different, but its literally the same ending except they removed the romance subplot (which i have 0 issues with).

This "alternate ending" still doesnt fix the problem; That is zaShunina sudden hostility on EP9. If they just ended it with Shindo being able to compromise with zaShunina and rejects the Nano, I would totally love that. Just by the idea that humans still fighting over something that meant to advance their entire race (Wam arc) is already a good narrative. Shindo could still ends up with Tsukai post credits and i would be fine with it, and she doesnt have to suddenly being turned into a Anisotropic Being for no reason

TLDR: Suddenly turning one of the Protagonist of the show into the Antagonist is especially at the near end of the show is stupid, and its very unnecessary in this type of story in the first place
Jan 12, 2021 6:51 PM

Jan 2021
How does this fix anything at all :')

In the end, the ending's still the same. The only thing they did was remove the romantic subplot and the deus sex machina when the core of the problem has always been the tonal shift towards the end of the series. My feelings for this series still hasn't changed. I'm still disappointed as fuck and it's very sad honestly because this show tried to be different and interesting which I laud them for because it really was indeed different and interesting in the first half of the show but ultimately became a trainwreck as it went on. It's just sad to see something with so much potential to be the greatest shit to be ever made go out like that.

Also the fact that this was written by the same person who did Babylon, another trainwreck with some ambitious ideas lol. He's a little confused but he has the right spirit!
Jul 2, 2021 6:38 PM

Nov 2011
[quote=Kirie-san message=57104685]
yukosatsu said:

Thanks you so much, I was searching for these 3 years <3!
Love & Peace!
Oct 8, 2022 10:45 AM
Feb 2016
i just finished rewatching the whole anime and now the movie, but i didn't see any difference between the two besides some content being cut, i didn't see anything new at all besides that very last scene where *spoiler* Yaha-kui zaShunina just fades away after dreaming, we don't know either what happens to shindou in this version, when confronting Yaha-kui zaShunina, Yaha-kui zaShunina just become particles and disappears with Kado and we just don't see shindou anymore.
Jan 27, 2023 4:15 PM
Mar 2016
Honestly this isn't worth watching. We didn't get enough time with the characters in the original and now there's even less. While it's nice that some of the hybrid 3d cell-shaded art has been redrawn in certain parts (like in episode 0 or certain scenes within the anime), there is no new content here. We don't even get to see Shindo survive and be with Saraka. It's just the last 10 seconds where Zashunina's body fades away in the anisotropic after his body dies.
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.