Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 18, 2019 6:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, it's hard to trust the Japanese Federation these days.

That was also one heck of a press conference by Reigen. Speaking of Reigen, they're really focusing a lot on him this season. He's living the carefree life and I find him rather relatable as a character.
Feb 18, 2019 7:31 AM

Jul 2014
Jesus christ, the way this episode was directed, Reigen's development, story and progression is just... and how Mob despite all the rumors, said the one thing Reigen needed.
This season has surpassed its predecessor by a landslide.
Feb 18, 2019 9:03 AM

Jul 2012
Just when I thought nothing can top the climax of the last arc, this show keeps betraying my expectations. Now if you'll excuse me I'm gonna rewatch this and cry in the corner. Mob is so sweet.
Feb 18, 2019 9:09 AM

Oct 2018
god, that episode made me cry at the end... mob is such a good kid :,)

it was really tense for me as well pretty much the entire episode, and i enjoyed the buildup to the conclusion of it all. seeing reigen break down like that and get shunned by his former friends feels oddly... real. like, damn.

my only complaint about this episode is the re-usage of clips from the last season. i know it's a good way to get some exposition in some cases, but if most of the ~2 minute clip that was previously used doesn't have some sort of difference to itself, it can get on my nerves just a little. perhaps a chunk of the budget went towards another big moment in season 2? we'll see.

overall, i'm very satisfied with this episode, and it portrayed a pretty serious situation that can indeed happen in real time (minus the psychic shenanigans) very well. and we've got teru back on board too so.. yay!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 18, 2019 9:11 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
It's been a while since a show made me noticeably cringe and not cause it's bad. The whole first half was so uncomfortable to watch, Reigen digging himself into a hole further and further.

Reigen's just a poor soul who couldn't find his place in life, me thinks at the moment. And when he found it in Mob, he basically used him since he got too comfortable.

And the moment when Mob knew all along and stayed with him cause Reigen gave him a great first impression and cheered him up with only a few words, probably changed his life there.
Feb 18, 2019 9:12 AM

Apr 2014
This episode was a good one. Reigan could be a lying cheapskate piece of filth. But sometimes he has a good side.
Feb 18, 2019 9:16 AM

Nov 2014
I love how the previous clients (even the ones from Season 1) showed up.

Other than that...the end made me really emotional I actually teared up. I was looking forward to how they were gonna adapt that Mob & Reigen scene and personally, they did a great job on it.

“The dreams and ideals we believe in, seem they might just fall apart if we take our eyes off them.”
Feb 18, 2019 9:21 AM

Sep 2014
Once again amazing episode. Reigen got tricked live on TV and all social media started bashing him non-stop. I really loved the moment where Reigen realized that because of Mob, he decided to keep his current business instead of giving up since he couldn't stand out otherwise living a quite dull life. Even though his intentions were actually heinous to use a little kid for personal gain, it's undeniable that he truly helped Mob and the latter recognizes and aprreciates that despite the fact that he actually knew about Reigen all along. Damn, I really love this series.
Feb 18, 2019 9:21 AM

Jan 2009
damn what an episode

Mob does not care of the lies of Reigen because he knows that the intentions of Reigen are that of a good guy anyway
Feb 18, 2019 9:24 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
This episode went from embarrassing to emotional real quick. Reigen might be a con, but he's got a good heart. That final scene with him and Mob gave me a bit of feels. The entire episode's directing was amazing and on par with episode 5 of this season.
Feb 18, 2019 9:38 AM
Sep 2015
Just when I thought Studio Bones can't top themselves with what they did to My Hero Academia, this episode really surprised me. One of the camera angle in press conference scene is really hard to pull off but it come out nicely. I can't really tell if the animation team is worker harder or smarter or both!
Feb 18, 2019 9:39 AM
Apr 2018
What a great ending, the moment when Mob said that he knew that Reigen didn't have any psychic power was priceless.
Feb 18, 2019 9:41 AM

Oct 2016
phantomfandom said:
Just when I thought Studio Bones can't top themselves with what they did to My Hero Academia, this episode really surprised me. One of the camera angle in press conference scene is really hard to pull off but it come out nicely. I can't really tell if the animation team is worker harder or smarter or both!

It's a Reigen episode. Not just that, but a Reigen episode where he shines more brightly than ever. Of course Bones, the biggest fangirls of Reigen, is gonna give him a spectacularly animated episode.
Feb 18, 2019 9:44 AM

Sep 2017
This is just amazing. These last two episodes have managed to present an amount of character development for Reigen that most shows would need entire seasons to achieve, and we're just past the halfway point of this season. I don't care what shows come after this or how this season's series end, Mob Psycho season 2 is the unmatched AOTS as well as the current AOTY, and it's going to be hard for other series to get near its level this year.
Feb 18, 2019 9:45 AM

Jun 2016
This episode was the best one ive seen from mob psycho. Reigen went from a character i simply liked to a character i love, and i appreciate his relationship with mob a lot more now.
Feb 18, 2019 9:49 AM

Mar 2017
That ending was so sweet! I'm so glad the psychic(ish) trio is back together. I'm actually starting to think that Season 2 is better than Season 1... which is very rare occurrence!
Feb 18, 2019 9:56 AM
Nov 2018
Oh man.. this episode got me all emotional. Reigen is getting ridiculed by the whole media and everyone around him, and suddenly those things don't matter to him anymore. We all have bad days, good days or the worst days, but what matter most is to be good at heart whatever the situation is. Then Reigen chillz and everything turn out better than it ever was ~

Yasuhiro-Feb 18, 2019 10:25 AM

"Self respect is the greatest gift we can give to our self"

Feb 18, 2019 9:57 AM

Jul 2017
This is legit the best episode to date.
Feb 18, 2019 10:01 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Now that's what I wanted to see. No flashy animations needed, just pure character development with exquisite execution

Might honestly be the best Mob Psycho episode so far in either season
Feb 18, 2019 10:08 AM

Nov 2012

( ͡°; ͜ʖ ͡;°)
Feb 18, 2019 10:11 AM

Nov 2014
I cried. I fucking cried.
When i saw this in the manga i cried and now i cried again like a fucking baby. Dammit.

All this media bullshit should be illegal. Like spreading his personal info on the net. Fuckers.

This adaptation is perfect. A+. 100%/10.

Also i like how we see their first encounter in Reigen's pov and hear his thoughts on the matter. Very interesting.

And we see a photo of Reigen when he's a student. He sorta look like that friend of Mob with the side parted hair.
Feb 18, 2019 10:14 AM

Sep 2012
Damn, we already know the mangaka is good but please also give a gold medal to director of this episode. The ending was really good and became my second favourite scene in the anime (first one was ending of episode 1).

sasalxFeb 18, 2019 10:24 AM
Feb 18, 2019 10:16 AM

Sep 2018
Damn there were some skilled onion ninja's near me at the very end,Mob is great student and Reigen is good master.
well that's just my opinion.....
Feb 18, 2019 10:19 AM

Sep 2018
uhh mob is so good
On an unrelated note can I mention the Reign's first Impression on Mob ,It pretty much shows how important Reign was for mob's character development , he basically told Mob what he needed to hear, I mean getting a feeling of being good at something while feeling like a normal human was what he needed
It's pretty important imo cause as you see people even made a cult out of mob when they saw his true powers and maybe if it was another person other than Reign who confronted mob they would have used mob to rule over people in those cults basically treating him like a god
That kind of attention can corrupt anyone and mob was just simply a awkward kid
Feb 18, 2019 10:19 AM
Mar 2017
I must admit that Reigen deserved what happened to him in this episode because of his arrogance and Jodo got his revenge, but that really did not matter to me, because in the end this humiliating experience ended up being something that would change the life of Arataka Reigen.
Good detail in showing how the influence of social networks destroyed the image of Reigen, internet can sometimes be a place to publicly execute to any "bad" person.
The press conference that Reigen summon was the same as seeing an execution, the journalists did the impossible to see how Reigen increasingly sinks into his own game, although I admit that Reigen also managed to respond to the hungry journalists.
The flashback of when Reigen met Mob was very moving, although Reigen just wanted to get rid of the boy, in the end the words of Reigen meant a lot to the little Mob and I loved hearing Reigen admit that he used Mob and was bad with him, That was the first step in fixing things, admitting that you were wrong.
Mob helps Reigen at the peak of his crisis and all of Japan learns that Reigen was not a swindler.
But without a doubt, the moment that moved me was when Mob tells Reigen that he is a good person and to finish Mob remembered his birthday, Mob is a good boy and Reigen has an incredible luck in having met him, I hope things change.
The next episode Mob will give all his effort to improve and achieve his goals.
Feb 18, 2019 10:21 AM

Jun 2017
wholesome ending
Feb 18, 2019 10:21 AM

Jul 2013
That ending was wholesome af
Feb 18, 2019 10:25 AM

Jan 2017
Some anime can bring us fantastic action scenes, others make us cry with hilarious comedy, and others can even make us cry.

Mob Psycho 100 can do all of that, and be one of the best.

Having read the manga, I can say studio Bones is doing a wonderful job. I'd say Mogami's arc was better in the manga (except the wonderfully animated battle), but this one was 100 times better in the anime.
*laughs in Dimple*
Feb 18, 2019 10:31 AM

Dec 2017
man, this character development. we see the rise and fall of a man. and that final message. oh boy, this season just gets better and better
Feb 18, 2019 10:37 AM

Jun 2017
Man, am I loving this show right now! Great change of pace from the high action 2 episodes ago!

Best anime dance ever fight me
Feb 18, 2019 10:43 AM

Sep 2016
another great episode. easily my fav anime of this season
Feb 18, 2019 10:58 AM

Sep 2018
This showed once again that this show is only on the surface a SuperPower vs Bad Ghosts show,but it handels so many real life Problems so good,the howl Gossip threw the Internet and so many false Infromation thing and the "Superpowers doesnt make you special" thing are great examples of this,

Episode was the one that had the most Character development for Reigen so far and it was just great...
And it nearly got me to tears at the end
Feb 18, 2019 10:59 AM

Nov 2014
salbery755 said:
I must admit that Reigen deserved what happened to him in this episode because of his arrogance and Jodo got his revenge, but that really did not matter to me, because in the end this humiliating experience ended up being something that would change the life of Arataka Reigen.

No one deserves this extent of media slandering. It's what drives people to suicides.
Feb 18, 2019 11:00 AM
Nov 2018
Its not even a competition anymore. If anyone says dororo, sheild hero, love is war or promised Neverland is better, they are objectively wrong.
This is the best show, this season, period
Feb 18, 2019 11:02 AM

Mar 2015
It has been a long time since an episode made me this emotional. I loved episode 5, but this episode it's just beautiful. I don't expect any other anime this year to top the emotions this one gave me.
Feb 18, 2019 11:04 AM

Sep 2017
So awesome and wholesome. Mob knew the entire time, but he stuck by Reigen's side because he looked up to him as a good person. Really great conclusion to this arc.
Feb 18, 2019 11:05 AM
May 2016
Holy fuck man. How does Bones not just casually drop the best-animated episode of the year but then also outdo KyoAni in terms of wholesome sakuga and god-tier direction all the way through. God bless you Bones.
Feb 18, 2019 11:20 AM

Nov 2018
this season just....
Feb 18, 2019 11:25 AM

Feb 2017
For me, that was both a painful but powerful moment for Reigen about all the things he's done in his life. This was his attempt to find something more, but it turns out he discovered what he has lost. He having to suffer humiliation was the final straw and I hope he remembers this for the better.

Mob is such a good friend that he was sent out to help Reigen rather than the other way around. This was a true friendship to endear and I'll remember this for years to come.

Amazing, grade S episode overall. I can't wait for more next week.
Feb 18, 2019 11:27 AM
Oct 2017
asdqua said:
Just when I thought nothing can top the climax of the last arc, this show keeps betraying my expectations. Now if you'll excuse me I'm gonna rewatch this and cry in the corner. Mob is so sweet.

SO true. I felt the true emotion between mob and his master, how he views him and his quirks. I am sure Reigen loved every second of it.
Feb 18, 2019 11:41 AM

Nov 2016
The transition from hilarious to feel trip was marvellously done. Truly fantastic episode :'(

Had to rewatch this episode, really solidified as one of the very best this season.
FMmatronFeb 26, 2019 7:48 AM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 18, 2019 11:55 AM

Sep 2016
During the episode, I felt bad for Reigen. I couldn't explain why I like this character so much despite him being a big liar. Then, when the flashback with Mob came, I almost cried. Mob is so sweet, and Reigen isn't perfect but is still a good person.

The end got me.
I'm crying.
Feb 18, 2019 11:58 AM

Mar 2014
The first half of the episode gave me physical pain

That broadcast was an absolute slaughter for Reigen, and I've been dreading it all week. But Mob's(?) intervention during the press conference finally helped him out. Wish we could've seen Mob's reaction when Reigen spoke to him through the TV though

Glad they're finally eating ramen together man. I've been worrying all week for Reigen ;~;
Feb 18, 2019 12:01 PM

Jul 2015
i like that they are focusing on reigen alot this season tho

Well...
Feb 18, 2019 12:16 PM

Dec 2017
Hime03 said:
Its not even a competition anymore. If anyone says dororo, sheild hero, love is war or promised Neverland is better, they are objectively wrong.
This is the best show, this season, period

nice meme, nevertheless it's hard for me to disagree. yet the sad thing is that this show is not as hyped as Neverland or Dororo, or Shield Hero, since it's a season 2 it gets less attention from the newcomers
Feb 18, 2019 12:18 PM

Apr 2018
Katsu-kun said:
Reigen a fraud and a scammer who will never change.
Annoying character who ruins this show for me.

I agree that he's a fraud and a scammer (because he is), but I like his character! Even though he's just a scammer, he still clearly cares about Mob, and is the reason Mob is who he is now! The ending of the first season of Mob, and seeing how Reigen took care of the situation made me instantly like him! Though honestly, I think part of it is because I always put myself in his shoes (for some reason) and think about how I would handle the situation if I was him, and he always manages to impress me!
Feb 18, 2019 12:26 PM

May 2018
best episode by far. I have no words. Wow
Feb 18, 2019 12:32 PM

Apr 2015
I am seeing Reigan in a completely new light and the second hand embarrassment feels too real.

This season feels completely different to the first in terms of atmosphere and I really and I mean REALLY love the developments that the characters deserved this season.
Feb 18, 2019 12:35 PM

Nov 2014
Katsu-kun said:
ttcchen said:
u must be blind or retarded to not see his change

Learn to respect different opinions without offending someone and learn to make an argument that lead to a conversation.
trolls don't deserve respect.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mob Psycho 100 II Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Apr 1, 2019

404 by squiddard »»
Apr 17, 3:22 PM

Poll: » Mob Psycho 100 II Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2019

420 by SorrowG »»
Apr 15, 4:35 PM

Poll: » Mob Psycho 100 II Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Jiharo - Dec 4, 2018

347 by Nm-Lahm »»
Apr 5, 4:02 AM

Poll: » Mob Psycho 100 II Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2019

251 by squiddard »»
Apr 1, 4:36 PM

Poll: » Mob Psycho 100 II Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2019

191 by squiddard »»
Mar 31, 2:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.