Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Dec 25, 2018 12:00 PM
Dec 2018
why people like this one so much?
Dec 25, 2018 12:05 PM

Dec 2015
Hrybami said:
thiago52192 said:
Same. It started really well, but right now it's just an ok show. The score will definitely go down after the last episode

It won't get down right after the last episode. It will most likely take a year or two for people to actually realize it's just another generic anime so the score can get below 8. I'm quite surprised by the amount of new fans coming here recently.

I didn't said I expected to be below 8 right after the last episode. I just said it would go down. Most likely just somethhing below 8.5. But I don't really think it will go below 8 after some time. At the best case scenario, it will stuck between 8.1 and 8.2. There is a good amount of people who truly belives this show was perfect until now
Dec 26, 2018 6:11 AM

Jan 2017
I don't understand the need to be this MAL score police, nobody here is a reviewer by profession, everyone rates their anime on their profile how they want and the MAL scores are the average of how people like the series, sites like imdb for example works the same way. Doesn't mean you have to love something popular or hate something generally hated. Just like OP wanted to make a thread about their opinion on this, why is it then such a problem when people express their opinions by scores...
Dec 26, 2018 7:02 AM

Feb 2015
This tread is embarrassing, i mean super cringeworthy. Feel bad for the OP, maybe you should start 2019 by posting better threads.
Dec 26, 2018 7:18 AM

Jan 2017
I agree. It gets pretty boring after episode 6

Join Emilia's self-proclaimed knights club if you are a fellow Emilia fan

Dec 26, 2018 7:27 AM

Dec 2017
because we accepted mediocrity long time ago. you can't undo things anymore, sadly
i assume, once it ends, the score will be weighed again and over time it will definitely go down
Dec 26, 2018 7:31 AM
Nov 2018
Because everyone doesn't hold the same opinion as yours? If a show that you hate got a high score it simply means you're in the minority.
Dec 26, 2018 8:04 AM

May 2018
When most anime you watch came from light novel, having a MC that is different from your typical light novel MC, you feel you are watching a masterpiece. Seishun Buta is just slightly above average for me. I do like Mai as character. She's one of the top waifu this Fall.

However,it really doesn't matter how we feel because in the end, Japan's opinion is what really matter.The best selling Fall 2018 anime currently is Zombieland Saga, beating Rascal.
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-12-25/japan-animation-blu-ray-disc-ranking-december-17-23/.141303
But once Slime bluray come out, I think it will surpass ZLS.
Dec 26, 2018 8:25 AM

Jul 2017
Here we go again with the same old thread. The reason for that score is simple: Personal preferences. Not really hard to understand. Just let it flow, and let other people enjoy what they want. It's their opinion, why question them? Just because they don't see the show the same way as you do? Just respect it, it's just a score too. I could be creating lots of threads for lots of shows that i don't agree with their scores as well believe me, but there's no point in that because nothing will absolutely change, i'll just start a pointless discussion with no conclusion at all. I'd be wasting my energy. Don't take the scores too seriously. Make your personal opinions a priority, and don't let the others' opinions or overall scores of a show get to you that you need to create a thread because of it.
Dec 26, 2018 9:07 AM

Mar 2016
Nah, it ain’t MAL’s fault.
This show is rated pretty high everywhere else, and it’s no fluke.
Dec 26, 2018 9:10 AM

Mar 2016
WaterLord said:
Here we go again with the same old thread. The reason for that score is simple: Personal preferences. Not really hard to understand. Just let it flow, and let other people enjoy what they want. It's their opinion, why question them? Just because they don't see the show the same way as you do? Just respect it, it's just a score too. I could be creating lots of threads for lots of shows that i don't agree with their scores as well believe me, but there's no point in that because nothing will absolutely change, i'll just start a pointless discussion with no conclusion at all. I'd be wasting my energy. Don't take the scores too seriously. Make your personal opinions a priority, and don't let the others' opinions or overall scores of a show get to you that you need to create a thread because of it.

Ayyy, this man here preaches.
Also, this show is actually really good, contrary to what the creator of this thread says. It’s not really just MAL...other anime sites have the ratings for this pretty high as well. I will just go ahead and say that perhaps this show ain’t for everybody, just like how the Monogatari series is in the same way.

One more thing: If we were to use the logic that this is a “generic” anime, I would easily say Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu, Monster, and other so-called unique classics “generic” and/or boring as well. Not saying that I like or dislike those shows in particular, but I really think generic is too loosely thrown around nowadays.

It also depends on the showcasing and execution of the story and characters as well, whether it’s so-called “generic” or not. Something unique doesn’t automatically make a show good, like we’ve seen that many time already.
RyuseishunDec 26, 2018 9:15 AM
Dec 26, 2018 9:17 AM

Jan 2015
its much better than both shows you mentioned LOL. specially that sleepfest monogatari
Dec 26, 2018 1:53 PM

Nov 2011
I'm a worshipper of Mai-san and love the witty and sexual jokes. 10/10.
Hate Keeps me warm
Dec 26, 2018 2:24 PM

Jun 2014
I usually kind of understand MAL rating even if I don't particuarly agree but this show is the exception.

I understand how people were loving it and rating out of this world for the first arc but everything following it became generic as heck, but instead of going down the score just went up, I genuinely don't understand.

I guess I was wrong and for a lot of people the anime keep delivering ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

I personally believe this anime should be around the 7.5-7.8 score but that just me.
Dec 26, 2018 2:39 PM

Apr 2016
The show is very good, the story is extremely interesting, the characters are great and the music is amazing. People enjoy it.
I personally think that the score is a little too low. This show is way better than Clannad After Story so a score around 9,02 is more appropriate

Dec 26, 2018 2:40 PM

Jul 2014
Don't take MAL score system so seriously lol
but the show is definitely not bad at all, i for myself give it 8/10.
Dec 26, 2018 2:46 PM

Jun 2014
Personally, it ended being what I thought it was gonna be from the begining, a solid 6 out of 10.

MAL ratings suck because most users don't rate things coherently, just take it this way: the closer the rating is to 10, the most people liked the show.

Most of the ratings have little to do with the actual quality of the anime, and more with the proportion of how many users liked it versus those who didn't.
Dec 26, 2018 3:03 PM

Jun 2015
Seishun Buta Yarou is officially the anime adaptation of Light Novel, not sequel, with the highest score in MAL
Dec 26, 2018 4:43 PM
Mar 2018
Shadzzo said:
I really enjoyed the first arc and didnt mind the second one. But it just gets worse with every episode. A 13 episode anime is too short to have 5 arcs in it.

Tokyo Ghoul:re season 2 : Hold my beer
Also TG:re2 : *puts out 10 chapters in 1 episode the entire season*
Dec 26, 2018 6:55 PM

Nov 2017
KatsutoSaki said:
I mean who wouldn't want to see a male character roastin' female characters with an "indifferent about everything" attitude? Well, the answer is obvious when you take the audience, rather anime fans, in general, into account.

Anyways, I don't care about the scores so it doesn't bother me at all.

Hohohoo.. i agree with this, Score in Mal is just relatively...
Now Loading.....
Dec 26, 2018 7:02 PM
Jul 2018
KatsutoSaki said:
I mean who wouldn't want to see a male character roastin' female characters with an "indifferent about everything" attitude? Well, the answer is obvious when you take the audience, rather anime fans, in general, into account.

Anyways, I don't care about the scores so it doesn't bother me at all.
did u even watch the show (you list it as dropped with 3 eps, but your basic synopsis isn't even accurate which makes me question if you even watched it at all)
Dec 27, 2018 3:03 AM

Jul 2012
danklolihunter said:
Shadzzo said:
I really enjoyed the first arc and didnt mind the second one. But it just gets worse with every episode. A 13 episode anime is too short to have 5 arcs in it.

That shit is not comparable to anything else. Thats a new low on its own
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 27, 2018 3:13 AM
Jun 2017
Kamiyan3991 said:
MAL never ceases to surprise me, I guess?
I mean, this show is rather mehdiocre Mono/Oreiro ripoff with cringelord MC.

I watched both show (all monogataries series and Oreioro) and this anime deserve this rated, and for me is 10/10.
Dec 27, 2018 3:19 AM
Aug 2008
Like I said in other topic.

It started well, but rest of mini-arcs went full retarded and ending was too boring and it end nothing.

I know there will be movie but tv series is ruined becuase they want to earn money from movie.
Dec 27, 2018 3:26 AM
Sep 2016
Kamiyan3991 said:
Loathsome said:
Its enjoyable and people like main characters coz they have some unique quirks but thats all there is to it show alone is mediocre as you were saying

I used to like these characters too. The thing is, they get boring with time.
Also, the dialogues are repetitive af.

Well, isn't that due to the storyline? The MC kept repeating certain days because of the effects pertaining to the Laplace Demon. So of course the dialogue would have to be repetitive at times.

DESIGN CHOICE IS NOT SYNONYMOUS WITH FLAWS.
Dec 27, 2018 3:29 AM

Mar 2017
Why are people calling it a monogatari rip off? Its formula more closely resembles Key than anything else. I initially thought that it was a sequel to Charlotte.
Dec 27, 2018 3:34 AM

Mar 2017
Hrybami said:
thiago52192 said:
Same. It started really well, but right now it's just an ok show. The score will definitely go down after the last episode

It won't get down right after the last episode. It will most likely take a year or two for people to actually realize it's just another generic anime so the score can get below 8. I'm quite surprised by the amount of new fans coming here recently.
To be fair I like the show but that's never going to happen. Erased still has a rating of 8.54 after almost 3 years now.
Dec 27, 2018 7:21 AM
May 2017
Ha. The score even went up after the final episode. Might wanna keep that salt.
Dec 27, 2018 7:23 AM
Mar 2018
Shadzzo said:
danklolihunter said:

That shit is not comparable to anything else. Thats a new low on its own

If only it was adapted property...if only
Dec 27, 2018 7:41 AM

Dec 2013
Still-a-Casual said:
Ha. The score even went up after the final episode.

It's true for Kimi no Suizou too, so I'd say it's actually really weird season scorewise.
I mean, Kimi was actually super average, and I can't believe anyone would give it more than 7. It's even worse than Buta Yarou.
We have too many new accounts, I guess.
Dec 27, 2018 8:01 AM

Jan 2013
It's hardly worth the 8.6 it has at this moment, but it's not bad at all.
Dec 27, 2018 8:01 AM
Apr 2017
It was really great. 10/10. It is the most appreciated anime in Reddit.
Dec 27, 2018 8:10 AM

Feb 2016
i'll be honest . at first i was like " wow that anime is pretty good" . but right after Tomoe Koga arc , it became pretty boring .
Dec 27, 2018 8:12 AM
Jul 2018
Let the monkeys complain!
Why can't people understand that the rating is high because people like the show
Dec 27, 2018 8:17 AM
Apr 2017
Kunal- said:
Why can't people understand that the rating is high because people like the show

They are angry because their good anime is underestimated
Dec 27, 2018 8:18 AM
Sep 2018
I really liked it

Guess that makes OP mad that people have a different taste than he does

oh well life goes on
Dec 27, 2018 8:22 AM
May 2017
it's really good, featuring great, relatable characters that aren't stupid and actually works around misunderstandings. plus the banter between the characters is great
Dec 27, 2018 8:33 AM

Oct 2015
10/10 show and an easy top5 of the year. Serious, funny etc you just got it all in one pack.
Dec 27, 2018 8:33 AM
Mar 2013
I'm in the halfway and now I get why people like this show. It's just very good. Characters are memorable. OP i END are catchy AF. Story is great. Maybe I'm enjoying watching this show because I'm fan of Maeda Jun animes/games(Key studio) and Monogatari series.
Dec 27, 2018 9:04 AM

Dec 2013
Kunal- said:

'Cause you could also say "something could be worse". It's just a weak argument.
Dec 27, 2018 9:11 AM
Apr 2018
I really agree with the characters' designs and their attitude but the storyline is very boring, I prefer glasslip than this, the final story that doesn't explain anything.
someone please explain the last episode of this series.
Dec 27, 2018 10:19 AM

Nov 2012
Kunal- said:

Hurr durr, how does a weighted mean score work?

This is what happens when a group of people don't finish basic secondary school education or atleast have a firm grasp on basic Mathematics.

The score can't be high because a MAJORITY of the viewer base is voting it high. Must be some external force, because people should not like what I don't like.
Dec 27, 2018 10:36 AM

May 2015
Kamiyan3991 said:
Kunal- said:

'Cause you could also say "something could be worse". It's just a weak argument.

It's better than having no argument whatsoever like you kids.

Dec 27, 2018 10:41 AM

Apr 2007
I guess this is the new popular show that some people love to hate. Thankfully it's not enough to prevent this series from receiving the high score that it deserves.

If the positive reception the show is getting on MAL hurts you deeply, then I advise against checking reddit to see how they feel about it.
KilluanDec 27, 2018 10:44 AM
Dec 27, 2018 11:14 AM

Jun 2017
Kamiyan3991 said:
MAL never ceases to surprise me, I guess?
I mean, this show is rather mehdiocre Mono/Oreiro ripoff with cringelord MC.

Thinking something is cringy is subjective. What is your point in creating this thread?
Dec 27, 2018 2:51 PM
Oct 2016
I really do not understand these anime people like Devilmay crybaby which is a sensational anime has a minor note that 8 🤔

really do not understand what's so fantastic about this Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl to have achieved that extremely high note?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 27, 2018 2:53 PM
Oct 2016
I really do not understand these anime people like Devilmay crybaby which is a sensational anime has a minor note that 8 🤔

really do not understand what's so fantastic about this Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl to have achieved that extremely high note?
Dec 27, 2018 5:23 PM

Oct 2013
I guess the answer for OP's question is simple... many people basically enjoyed so much watching Bunny Girl Senpai. Sure, this anime was not perfect, but I can say it was very good in terms of plot, great in terms of artstyle and animation and awesome when it comes to overal enjoyment.

Each episode was pleasant to watch to the point in which many viewers (including me) felt as if each episode passed so quickly, at the same time leaving that thought of "I just can't wait to see next week's episode!". Good pacing and well placed emotional (sad, happy, joking etc.) moments are the keys to know why the time felt to run quicker while watching Bunny Girl Senpai.
Dec 27, 2018 10:12 PM
Jun 2017
I'm really surprised by how high it's score is, to me it's just a good show, not memorable. But I guess I'm in the minority here.
Dec 27, 2018 10:30 PM

Jul 2015
People just give it high cause it has waifu. Like SSSSgridmam, it was 6,8 or below that, but suddenly Rikka's thighs meme came out and it jumps to 7.5

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2018

228 by Mythia »»
Apr 25, 5:55 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2018

518 by weka »»
Apr 21, 4:56 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2018

278 by Killerind »»
Apr 18, 8:02 PM

» How many chapters left

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 7

10 by Aruhaya »»
Apr 8, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2018

195 by RinoRappa »»
Apr 4, 6:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.