Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Overlord (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 2, 2018 11:11 AM

Jan 2013
finally this borefest is over. crossing my fingers for no S4.
Oct 2, 2018 11:21 AM

Aug 2018
So many people died and I don't care at all.
Oct 2, 2018 11:27 AM

Oct 2008
Wow that was super underwhelming and boring. Where are the stakes in this season Ainz is so ridiculous overpower and all knowing it makes everything trivial and inconsequential. This was fanfiction level writing at best. Also the animation is absolutely terrible at time what the hell. I'm very generous giving s3 a 5/10
Oct 2, 2018 11:42 AM

Aug 2014
ugh everytime he does the acting good guy adventurer i just cringe and skip it as its just too embarrassing..

and while it had some cool moments the rest was boring as hell..
Oct 2, 2018 11:44 AM
Mar 2018
An empire falls, a new kingdom is built to forge a new empire!!! And the story goes on!!!!! Hope Madhouse sort out their adaptation difficulties with the novel for an S4
Oct 2, 2018 11:44 AM
Sep 2018
Lololol
We have the overly edgy people for the sake of edge.
And we have the people butthurt the humans didn't stand a chance.

Man, I'm gonna miss this series (at least for now) just because of these hilarious discussions/arguments that go on.

I hope for a season 4, but considering how much more dark it is after this point idk if its going to happen.
Oct 2, 2018 12:08 PM

Sep 2017
While I liked the ideas Overlord was going for, the anime is so poorly executed that it hurts. Some of the characters with screentime like Gazeff aren't given depth at all.

Gazeff allways was the "Muh honor" dude and died being the "Muh honor" dude. Klein is still the idealist knight, even after seeing impossible odds, and honestly, after the experience he had with Shalltear I expected Brain to be the first to say "fuck this, I'm out." after Ains' crushing victory.

I can already hear some people saying Gazeff inspired those two to keep on fighting, but trying to fight against a lich who can literally wipe out one of the biggest armies in the world in seconds and who beat the most powerful warrior of the kingdom before the fight even began isn't brave, it's plain idiotic. I hope those two die as early as possible next season.

Also, the 3d in some episodes is Berserk 2016 levels of bad. Early PS2 games had better looking cutscenes.

Now, If I had to say anything positive about this season it would be the Workers' arc, just for showing how powerless humans truly are against Ains, and the Carne village arc because it gave some development to Anri and nphi, but the rest... Well, you've read the rest.

Congratulations, Madhouse. Thanks to your awful adaptation I'm completely done with Overlord.
Oct 2, 2018 12:10 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Nice season, better that 2 before!!!

Aug 2018
Just why Strogonoff? Why?

Y U killed yourself?

It served no propose or benefit. It was not necessary. It was not right.

Since there is no explanation given during the episode as to why he did it other than Brain's desperate and incoherent deliberation; Strogonoff basically only relinquished his life like that simply because the author wanted him to, there is no other reasonable explanation.

As far as I'm concerned this is further evidence of the writing quality declining as the story goes on.

Not sure if I will bother watching another season of this if there is one, this left such a bad taste in my mouth.

Jun 2016
Zero_r2 said:
oh well, its over,i actually enjoyed it , still, will continue to read the novels, way better IMO
CG was shit, i liked the rest, kirito-sama the wizard was fun, let's meet again in the 4th season

Levi_Ackerman_10 said:
Awesome episode My most favourite character of all time Momonga/Ainz he is so badass and overpower Its awesome. /quote]
well... that's kinda sad
[quote=Grey-Zone message=55864787
And those who are too damaged by the CGI this season... come over to watch Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken! We got beautiful 2D animations (even a Dragon doesn't need CGI!) and visual effects that Madhouse could only dream of! It also has a non-human protagonist and later on got its own fairly dark moments similar to Overlord! And the chief animation director is Ebata, someone who's appearently very famous for his great animations!

ever heard of ufotable?

Sad? Why is that? Don t get what you mean?

Oct 2, 2018 12:12 PM

Jul 2009
Personally, I think episode 8 was the best one this season. It had sufficient action, wasn't hampered by bad CGI, and most importantly, showed that "good" characters can actually be killed. By the protagonist, no less.
Oct 2, 2018 12:12 PM

May 2013
This episode was so f*cking good, I hope they confirm a fourth season soon.

I will end up reading the novels.
Oct 2, 2018 12:16 PM
YouTuber / VA

Aug 2017
I really appreciate how with each season the show has striven to improve itself. I feel like this season was mix of the last two seasons taking the best parts from both of them and leaving out most of the bad parts. I really hope they make a Season 4 as I can't wait to see Ainz work to run and expand his kingdom as well as go work with the Dwarves to go up against the Dragon Lord and work with the Holy Kingdom to go up against the Demon Lord.
Oct 2, 2018 12:19 PM

Jun 2016
Kyotosomo said:
I really appreciate how with each season the show has striven to improve itself. I feel like this season was mix of the last two seasons taking the best parts from both of them and leaving out most of the bad parts. I really hope they make a Season 4 as I can't wait to see Ainz work to run and expand his kingdom as well as go work with the Dwarves to go up against the Dragon Lord and work with the Holy Kingdom to go up against the Demon Lord.

Yep I agree question is when will we get Overlord season 4? I suspect late 2019 or early 2020. If not Mid 2020 or early 2021

Oct 2, 2018 12:36 PM
Sep 2015
I honestly skipped all the boring arcs not related to Ains, everyone who is not the supreme leader is boring to me. CGI aside as a political fanatic this season has finally started to get interesting.... I may have to read the novels if I want more insight tho.
Oct 2, 2018 12:40 PM

Mar 2016
I love how the servants keep saying that Ainz makes the best plans and moves and they are all useless even though it's the complete opposite.
Now I really wanna a season 4.
Oct 2, 2018 12:40 PM

May 2010
uhh i hate how obvious it was that there wont be any real fight this episoide..

Oct 2, 2018 12:44 PM

Jul 2016
Liked this season, not as much as the previous ones but it wasn't bad. The war disappointed me not because of the CGI but because it didn't had the impact I was expecting.
Hope we get a new season in winter or spring, it'll be hard to live without more of this.

BruceLad said:
salman7 said:
So many tsundere here.
The episode was good and season was also , hope we will get S4 soon.

And yet they will still be here watching Overlord again when a new sequel is released, a true dedicated tsundere they are ;)

Lmao
Oct 2, 2018 12:44 PM

Nov 2014
And the story goes on, huh? That sounds like no plans for S4. Novel has been on my PTR since S1, so I guess it's good time to finally buy it.
Oct 2, 2018 1:00 PM
Feb 2018
the odds for a new season ?
Oct 2, 2018 1:11 PM

Apr 2015
That episode title was making me really curious for quite the plot twist, guess I was wrong... That fight was very short-lived, but to be expected when going up against Ainz.

Overall, pretty good season, just the CGI was really bad at times, it's a pity.

aos10 said:
wow, so much for that hyped "fight", also the "Player vs Player" title, i thought gazef was a real player like the main character.
i really wished there was decent fight.
Glad to see it wasn't just me who thought that, the title of the episode really led to believe that was the case and I really hoped it was.
Oct 2, 2018 1:25 PM
Mar 2016
I guess I'm one of the only people that enjoyed every bit of this season. And from the looks of it I may be the only one that loved season 2 as well.
Oct 2, 2018 1:26 PM
Aug 2014
It would be much better if either White Fox or Shaft animates rest of the novel. I know its not gonna happen but there's no hurting in praying
Oct 2, 2018 1:27 PM
Aug 2014
Any news on Season 4?
Oct 2, 2018 1:28 PM
Jul 2015
Okay Overlord is fucking amazing. CG may be bad, anime in general may be rushed af, but if I can still find it extremely stupendous.. LIGHT NOVEL WHERE YOU AT?

For real tho, not sure if this is a good place to ask, but

starting from which season should I read the LN? I probably won't be reading what has been shown in the 1st season, but, if I understand correctly, tons of things were skipped both in S2 and S3, so should I start from S2?
How do you find a decent avatar that's less than 50Kb, what is this, 2010, jesus mal get out
Oct 2, 2018 1:29 PM

Jul 2013
Overlord season 4 when
Oct 2, 2018 1:33 PM

Apr 2018
xShinigami3125 said:
I guess this is the 13th week in a row that I say read the fckn novel it's much better.

How far ahead is the LN, has it ended??
Oct 2, 2018 1:39 PM

Jul 2015
Gazeff's death was too quick. I didn't expect that. Anyway, this season was good but still we did not see a powerful enemy. I hope 4th season comes soon.
Oct 2, 2018 1:40 PM

Aug 2015
The "fight" scene was really nice. The rest was kind of meh. I hope that we'll get a season 4 but I doubt it as they ended it with "and the story goes on" ...suggesting that we must read the light novel if we want to know the rest :/
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Oct 2, 2018 1:43 PM

Apr 2012
I think there won't be a season 4.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Oct 2, 2018 1:46 PM

Sep 2011
Overlord is Overlord for me, so 10/10, no questions asked...

I just hope a better studio picks 4th season.
Oct 2, 2018 1:57 PM
Jan 2015
Grey-Zone said:
And those who are too damaged by the CGI this season... come over to watch Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken! We got beautiful 2D animations (even a Dragon doesn't need CGI!) and visual effects that Madhouse could only dream of!
I mean Madhouse can animate things very well and have good special effects, their track record speaks for itself even very recently with Sora Yori. The Overlord anime just seems to be an expection opposed to the norm from Madhouse.

And yes Tensei Shitara does look very good so far.
My Queens

Oct 2, 2018 2:00 PM

Oct 2008
Well that was fun. That "And the story goes on" at the end gave off a and happily every after feel to it. I guess I shouldn't expect season 4.
Oct 2, 2018 2:02 PM

Nov 2008
YES, I love this Season so much and I will be hoping and waiting for a Season 4, ESPECIALLY with the that "And the story goes on" at the end, because this episode was Greatness, because I just LOVE Anti-Heroes and THE WORLD!!!.

Also HELL YES, kneel before your New God, lower Lifeform Human Trash.

Oh yeah, awesome acting from Ainz and Albedo too.
HollowIchigo58Oct 2, 2018 2:31 PM
Oct 2, 2018 2:12 PM

May 2015
RIP Gazef.

RIP KIngdom.

RIP Overlord.

6/10. Most minus points for terrible graphics.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Oct 2, 2018 2:20 PM
Mar 2009
I will say this I like this anime allot it´s entertaining to watch.

No I will not read the light novel not because I don´t like ready it is because time and energy to read is well I don´t have that with 2 kids and the my interest and soon maybe a job meaning time for my interest of watching anime and play games will be even lower.

Heck I I can´t even enjoy reading manga any more when I have free time I can watch a few episodes anime or game for a few hours.

Only minus I will give this episode is they killed of Gazef and yet psychopathic Renner will live on man I dislike her as hell. Yes I know in the novel Gazef survives.

Oct 2, 2018 3:04 PM
May 2014
Xaxith said:
Overlord is Overlord for me, so 10/10, no questions asked...

I just hope a better studio picks 4th season.

Indeed, expecting a season 4. I guess Albedo also has to wait for another round xD

I love how sick this anime is with the feeling of death.
Although WHY do i have the feeling that the girl in the kingdom is an actual player who is waiting to plot the whole scene?
DretaxOct 2, 2018 3:09 PM
Oct 2, 2018 3:26 PM

Mar 2010
boring but alright overlord adaption
Oct 2, 2018 3:29 PM
Sep 2015
Not the strongest season of Overlord, but I still looked forward to it weekly. Fingers crossed for a season 4.
Oct 2, 2018 3:34 PM
Sep 2013
An enjoyable experience overall. Could've been better if the budget wasn't shoestring and the CG was at least better than Berserk.

Final episode kinda disappointing, the whole thing felt like what was usually in the during-credits scenes in previous seasons.
Oct 2, 2018 3:37 PM

Nov 2017
Grey-Zone said:
So the silhouette at the end of the ED turned out to be a red herring, huh? That's too bad.

And those who are too damaged by the CGI this season... come over to watch Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken! We got beautiful 2D animations (even a Dragon doesn't need CGI!) and visual effects that Madhouse could only dream of! It also has a non-human protagonist and later on got its own fairly dark moments similar to Overlord! And the chief animation directior is Ebata, someone who's appearently very famous for his great animations!

I laughed when I read that bit about Slime Datta,though I have to admit,though I love Overlord,this season has been a bit hit and miss,and the animation needed a lot of work(looking at u CGI),but I feel the story has been decent enough,but I have to say,the first ep of Slime Datta was awesome,and well on point.
Oct 2, 2018 3:49 PM

Jan 2018
So far this was the best season of Overlord.
Lets wait for Overlord IV.
Ill give this season an 8/10 (Very good)
Oct 2, 2018 3:56 PM
Jan 2017
oi oi oi,, the final episode there not epic battle like season 1 and two,
i dont sure why ainz kill stronoff very quick,,
but like before ainz expan his magic kingdom and his name ,,
i still dont know what gonna happen next,, and still waitiing for season 4
Oct 2, 2018 3:56 PM

Jan 2014
To many boring parts with many still frames and characters that feels like little ants in the overall story to me, them chatting away with much dialog and more still frames when i'm sitting there thinking 'shut up already - i don't care!' can we just move on with the story!?
Season 2 & 3 has been an overall mediocre viewing experience, season 3 was slightly more entertaining than season 2 at least for me.
6/10
Oct 2, 2018 4:00 PM

Aug 2017
I don't understand why some people here are hating and wishing they don't do S4, if you don't like it, just don't watch it ffs.

Overall it was a bad season, I still liked tho... But the animation was far worse from what is usually expected from Madhouse, it was rushed.
Oct 2, 2018 4:14 PM

Dec 2014
Good finale.

That was quite the 'fight' if you would consider it one.

Ains beginning his conquest of the world, final scene was epic.

Overall, the first half of this season wasn't very appealing to me. It felt like it dragged on especially after S2's strong ending but the second half of this season really hit the ground running. These past few episodes have been great. It's a real shame that this didn't get better production, the CGI was atrocious but at the very least it was still entertaining.

7/10
Oct 2, 2018 4:35 PM
Feb 2014
Good episode, but a pretty poor adaptation of the actual events.

But I do love these people that sit and watch a show that they really dont like and just want to trash it for the sake of trashing. I salute you, you make my day.
Oct 2, 2018 4:43 PM

Apr 2012
I don't mind waiting at least a year or two for the 4th season if it would mean better animation. This anime should be at least 24 episodes instead of 13 for more room to adapt the arc rather than compacting or omitting to rush certain elements of the Light Novel. The studio should take their time.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Oct 2, 2018 5:18 PM

Dec 2015
Probably someone already posted about Neia baraja appearance on the ed , which i skipped
Well , i already read the novel before this ended because im impatience and well , it’ll be good if s4 comes out , if not its fine for me i guess , ppl better start reading the LN since its better
Oct 2, 2018 5:31 PM

Nov 2017
Ohh Ainz-sama..
U r the real Zetsubou no ou :)

4th season please Ainz-sama
I can't wait.. can't wait.. can't wait

All Hail Ainz-sama !!
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Overlord III Episode 2 Discussion

ichii_1 - Aug 8, 2018

42 by VickRune »»
Mar 3, 12:18 AM

Poll: » Overlord III Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2018

220 by BlueSnow93 »»
Feb 12, 9:16 AM

Poll: » Overlord III Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2018

177 by BlueSnow93 »»
Feb 12, 8:51 AM

Poll: » Overlord III Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2018

166 by BlueSnow93 »»
Feb 12, 8:20 AM

Poll: » Overlord III Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2018

585 by BlueSnow93 »»
Feb 12, 7:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.