Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
May 26, 2018 9:17 PM

Feb 2015
Oh my god, what the hell was this episode? This should've been episode 9 or 10.
No one can refute anymore that Franxx is just a copy of Eva though.

How ridiculously funny are this pictures? Imagine you're going to a meeting, "Sir, you may enter now", opens the door, WTF is this shit??? Turns around and starts running as fast as possible. HAHAHAHA

I would've laughed super hard throughout the entire lecture

This one is just too funny, it makes no sense, hahahaha... How can they take these guys seriously???

Just remember, all of these pictures are from 2025 to 2030 before people became immortal and the world became Mad Max with Dinosaurs and dickless people.

SteelingMaxMay 26, 2018 9:20 PM

May 26, 2018 9:35 PM

Aug 2017
SteelingMax said:
Oh my god, what the hell was this episode? This should've been episode 9 or 10.
No one can refute anymore that Franxx is just a copy of Eva though.

How ridiculously funny are this pictures? Imagine you're going to a meeting, "Sir, you may enter now", opens the door, WTF is this shit??? Turns around and starts running as fast as possible. HAHAHAHA

I would've laughed super hard throughout the entire lecture

This one is just too funny, it makes no sense, hahahaha... How can they take these guys seriously???

Just remember, all of these pictures are from 2025 to 2030 before people became immortal and the world became Mad Max with Dinosaurs and dickless people.

The flashback didn't bother me until the meeting between Dr.FranXX and the klaxosaur princess.

Yeah, the writers remember the existence of the plot in episode 19!!

And when they switch from that flashbacks into the present to show us how Futoshi rejects Kokoro 10/10. Look at our memorable and iconic cast of teenegers that we will remember for hundreds of years, people! Unintentional comedy there LMAO.
NurguburuMay 26, 2018 9:39 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 26, 2018 9:59 PM
Aug 2016
this show actually did something finally? still, would've dropped it at episode 6 or something if i were to watch it after it airs completely.
A World Building Episode at last.This should've been the first or the second episode,then cram all the over-the-top drama and unnecessary crap you want afterwards. just establish your world right so people can get invested in it. Actually, the drama was so cringe so, remove that, after a second thought. Still, this show is beyond recovery, it's been 18 episodes in the gutter, only episode 7 did something when they went to the abandoned town. Last episode shocked me pretty good, who would've though they would make a character a lesb, and a 15yo at that, that's abnormal, kids normally don't like the same sex when they're that age, i just went laughing when that happened. Unnecessary Drama,Sexual themes,Theory of Evolution, and you know you can't take it seriously anymore. (don't get triggered,this's just what i think.if you don't agree then hey, it's fine.)
virquiliumMay 26, 2018 10:02 PM
May 26, 2018 10:02 PM

Mar 2012
So I guess they held all the history for this episode. A warning to mankind and our quest to immortality, it seems. Anyway, We now know 02 is a DNA copy of the klaxo princess (and may not be the only). Still not sure where Franxx is situated--he seems closer aligned to APE at this point but he's also more focused on his own goals than anything else. We'll probably see him turn antagonist (if at all) after the main cast has dealt with APE. Not sure we'll wrap well in 6 episodes, but we're full speed ahead for the rebellion route...
May 26, 2018 10:19 PM

Jan 2011
virquilium said:
this show actually did something finally? still, would've dropped it at episode 6 or something if i were to watch it after it airs completely.
A World Building Episode at last.This should've been the first or the second episode,then cram all the over-the-top drama and unnecessary crap you want afterwards. just establish your world right so people can get invested in it. Actually, the drama was so cringe so, remove that, after a second thought. Still, this show is beyond recovery, it's been 18 episodes in the gutter, only episode 7 did something when they went to the abandoned town. Last episode shocked me pretty good, who would've though they would make a character a lesb, and a 15yo at that, that's abnormal, kids normally don't like the same sex when they're that age, i just went laughing when that happened. Unnecessary Drama,Sexual themes,Theory of Evolution, and you know you can't take it seriously anymore. (don't get triggered,this's just what i think.if you don't agree then hey, it's fine.)

Cool disclaimer, bro.
May 26, 2018 10:28 PM
Mar 2018
Zerity said:
damn mankind greed ruined everything

not surprising
can I know who is the girl with pink hair in your profile picture? sorry for oot
May 26, 2018 10:47 PM

Jun 2013
I liked this episode, we got to know more about the background story and how things came to be. We still don't know much about APE but I'm guessing they're some wannabe human aliens who want to eliminate klaxosaurs because they were probably made by the remaining survivors of humanity. I don't believe every single person wanted to be immortal, I think there were those who fled and created their own civilization outside of the immortals and maybe that's where the kids will go after everything is over.

I'm proud of my fatty Futsohi for not taking advantage of the situation and trying to pair Kokoro and Mitsuru, my OTP. He has matured and isn't clingy towards Kokoro anymore but I'm sure he still has feelings for her. He witnessed their love for each other and won't let the APEs, papa or anything stand in their way. I'm also glad that Zorome finally woke up and confronted papa.

I'm hoping Zero Two will go batshit crazy when she finds out whatever secrets they're holding and she aids the klaxosaurs in destroying all of the immortals, who, I think, aren't really immortal.

I'm glad that the loli klaxo princess made another appearance.

Isn't Zero Two cute here?

臭い-
May 26, 2018 10:54 PM
Aug 2016
QWERTYFish25 said:
virquilium said:

Cool disclaimer, bro.

yeah,i'm not into hardcore drama that happens usually on the internet,even if someone gets triggered,i won't be here to reply.
May 26, 2018 10:56 PM
Jul 2017
Find it ironic that the character who tried to keep his humanity and reproductive functions, Dr. Franxx, ended up losing it sooner rather than later. Solid episode, and while I wish it would have happened a bit earlier in the series, it only truly fits at this point.
May 26, 2018 11:02 PM

Apr 2018
Best episode so far

Finally the show is focusing on the things that made it interesting to begin with

Also it only took 1 episode for Dr. Franxx to become a more interesting character than everyone else rofl
May 26, 2018 11:11 PM
Apr 2018
lmao some people really stuck around for 18 episodes to just hate on the show. And when you get the damm episode you asked for yall say "its to late to care" lmao why the hell yall watch the other 18 episodes then?
May 26, 2018 11:29 PM

Apr 2012
spideypeter000 said:
Love the fact Futoshi doesn’t want to be the inspiring teen mom’s partner anymore.
I don't blame him. Why would you want to be with someone everyone knows has chosen someone else. Having an altered memory doesn't change the fact she didn't choose you. This isn't a second chance for him but more like a mission for him to correct an injustice done to his friends.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
May 26, 2018 11:55 PM

Aug 2013
is actually pretty nice ep, infodump, yes, but a nice one imo. Still didn't explain some things, what the Monsters really is, or who exactly is Papa, so probably one or two more infodump episodes on it's way. but hey, not even Eva explain what is Angels unless you're one of that die hard fan.

my only complain on this episode is the transition between the flashback and present time is so bad that I thought the video is broken and skipped a few second or minutes there
May 27, 2018 1:09 AM
Mar 2018
I just remembered some other stuff from that episode that were bothering me since seeing them.

First, if humans can be made via test-tube, then why is there a lingering problem to begin with? The only reason they sad why it was a problem was because the whole population is inside those plantations without any ambition to know what's goig on. But to me it looked more like they were just dumbed out and left in the grey like the kids and simply had the overall anime problem of not properly communicating with one another. This could all be solved so easily, well except for the war, which brings me to my second complain.

If Queeny Loli I. was so god damn good at communicating witht their minds (besides being more human than the rest of her "offspring") then why didn't she notice what Papa Franxxu had in mind and why didn't she notice her hair in his hands - which, by the way he not just kept in his hand after having his arm ripped off, then being somehow returned to the surface and kept in his hand even after emergency surgery and ongoing - if she knew what he was going to do with something like this.

There's just so many ideas and plots in this show that are just poorly executed...
May 27, 2018 3:07 AM

Mar 2018
SNDT said:
So she ripped off his hand and he just walk away alone and didn't bleed to death... Ok
Yeah, this detail also annoyed me. I guess humans in anime in general have an infinite amount of blood.
May 27, 2018 3:17 AM

Mar 2018
Klad said:
I'm rooting for the Klaxosaurs. The queen seems so magnificent
Amen, brother. Long live the queen!

Arcaedes said:
So APE were already hiding behind robes and masks back when the world was normal, and they introduced the magma energy to humanity, combine that with Klaxo Princess's "human wannabes" remark, and the info in this episode that the Klaxosaurs come from an ancient advanced civilisation I'm thinking at this point APE are Klaxo defectors using humanity to fight against their own Princess
I am loving this theory!
May 27, 2018 3:39 AM

Jan 2016
If only people with reproductive functions can use Franxx, why is it that 02, who said she has no reproductive functions, is the best Franxx pilot ever made?

Other than the small plot holes here and there, a good infodump was needed at this point in the show.
May 27, 2018 4:20 AM

Feb 2015
This episode was fantastic it basically upped the series by 1 notch at least.
I mean aloot was revealed.

-Dr Franxx past that involved his roots as scientist how he got involved with Ape people and Papa how he gradually witnessed how humanity slowly got evolutionary upgraded with standard and energy recources but downgraded and practically emotionless as actual human beings in the process left in the little shell of the whole world, reminds quite a bit of Gits and Ergo Proxy in that regard.

Also poor guy probably gave up after his wife died in that early experiment with Franxx.
The actual showcase of how Alpha and beta phases were done to create the present Franxx that kids use, aloot of sacrifice happened along the way, in a way both papa and Dr deserve too be demolished but at least poor guy still has emotions unlike them.

- We found out more about origins of Klaxosaurs and princess she btw was kind of adorable in creepy way when Dr tried too just immerse himself (with boner ofc) she bite of his arm how cute, but he took her gift and used it too create 02 apparently.

Glad that kids are finally completely fed up with Papa and those fuckers, esp since they found out that Brainwashing of Mitsuru and Kokoro cant be reversed that combined with every detail that they alongside us found out about ways that they were threated since birth it all collected now. Seems like final mission/ showdown is about to start for Freedom and to live as what it looks like last normal human generation on earth.
ExowaveMay 27, 2018 4:25 AM
May 27, 2018 4:25 AM
Oct 2017
So Zero Two is a clone?!
May 27, 2018 4:54 AM
Jul 2013
_kuro_n3ko_ said:
i think we've found a new contender for best girl

I agree but..."girl" lmao
May 27, 2018 5:08 AM

Apr 2015
  • This is crazy, I feel bad for everyone. ~
  • Sooo, Zero Two is a clone of the Klaxosaur Princess?
  • 4/5
May 27, 2018 5:12 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I don't get the hate this show gets from some. I guess it's shippers that have not seen their ship fulfilled. Yes, I do agree that the necessary backstory could have been presented before in a more organic, show, don't tell kind of way, but most of what has happened fits pretty well in what we've been presented so far.

The backstory is actually pretty terrifying IMO. It's pretty subversive stuff to write in 2018. We live in a world that is increasingly unequal, where the 1% have an ever growing share of the worlds limited resources and a scenario were they would try to control people's reproduction (the poor), while highly improbable, is no longer impossible in my view.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 27, 2018 5:44 AM
Jun 2017
Ohh the history of Dr Franxx has been presented today. Well this episode is an important one since this one has shown how it made to the point that those franxx robot must be co pilot with opposite sex. Plus the idea of immortality.. (i like how it is presented here since some of its idea are realistic- that is REPRODUCTION is not needed when you are an immortal already...)

And now hiro and the group made a decision to free them after some more missions. Well i have a bad feeling that their final mission could be dealing with the princess klauxasor which for sure is DEATH FLAG!!!

Ohh great episode and im so excited about it. Few more episodes and we shall all see who will survive in the end.
May 27, 2018 5:45 AM

Jun 2017
ButadonMeitantei said:
If only people with reproductive functions can use Franxx, why is it that 02, who said she has no reproductive functions, is the best Franxx pilot ever made?

Other than the small plot holes here and there, a good infodump was needed at this point in the show.

They probably lied to her about that too.
May 27, 2018 5:54 AM
Apr 2009
MomoSinX said:
ButadonMeitantei said:

They probably lied to her about that too.
Dont forget what we saw in that big ass klaxosaurus after hiro and zero two killed him
Of course they lied about that
May 27, 2018 6:40 AM

Aug 2012
So many of my theories are revealed as true in this episode:
- 02 is a clone of some sort of the klaxosaurs queen
- they became immortal in exchange of their ability to reproduce
- the klaxosaurs are humans that after the rich become immortal evolved
- the children are clones used to fight the klaxosaurs
- APE are the bad guys that created all this mess
- the adults have no more emotions and they are basically dead inside with few exxceptions

But still some questions remain:
Is the doctor 02 father? i.e. did she use his own DNA in the cloning?
What are the APE members?
Will the kids join the klaxosaurs eventually?
May 27, 2018 6:40 AM

Aug 2012
Zethus_Thorne96 said:
S9 I hear that Zero Two is a clone of the Klaxosaur Princess!?
called it the first time I saw the Klaxosaurs princess. Yes this is confirmed
May 27, 2018 6:43 AM

Aug 2012
Angel942 said:
Zethus_Thorne96 said:
S9 I hear that Zero Two is a clone of the Klaxosaur Princess!?

Do you think 001 and 002 will merge into the same body in the final? According to you if 002 is the clone of 001, will you be forced to abandon hiro as the opening to fight 001?
When start rebellion according to you?
Probably 002 will be wounded very badly and forced to merge with the princess. She will not abandon Hiro, she will just be more, having the memories of the princess as well
May 27, 2018 6:47 AM

Aug 2012
QWERTYFish25 said:
Aeoness said:
Damn! All characters are shining at this episode. I like it. Finally, Zorome faced reality.

We will get a final battle. But the squad doesn't know what the odds are between Ape and K-Queen.

K-Queen said 'don't hunt my klaxosaurs', but she didn't said anything about magma. APE didn't listen to her and keep mining and hunting. I still don't know why APE wants to reach and destroy her clan. After all, buy your immortality by exchanging your home is not funny.

They said to Zero Two 'kill more klaxosaurs and get your humanity'
They said to the kids 'kill more klaxosaurs and get your freedoom'

At the ending; APE gets on that ship, the kids or the queen smacks them into magma. ;P

I am not sure if 'death flag flipping coin frenzy' will continue or we will be saved by the queen, after all, Zero Two smells like teen spirit of hers.

Fun fact; Klaxosaur Queen kills Dr. Franxx;

- You made our baby without my consent?! How dare you?!

I can't wait to see both Zero Two's and The Queen's reactions when they come to face to face and learns they are mother and daughter. OMG!

Enough this Kokoro x Futoshi x Mitsuru drama; Kokoro is already 'punished'. What's wrong to have a baby with her delicious candidate? Now, she even doesn't know what she was desiring. I hope she gets that book back and remembers everything.

I know these cats ain't sill hung up on that. I think it's possible for those two to regain their lost memories, granted they were "removed" in the same fashion as Hiro. Just hope it ain't minutes before death or some shit. Hopefully they'll get to the meaty stuff now since we're a bit short on time.

MiiyoSon said:

It apparently wasn't that hard since majority of the population went along with being immortal.

I suspect it was forced upon people after a while. Given how APE's influence bloated incredibly during Franxx's prime.
It wasn't forced. The ones that rejected it with small exceptions were left outside the domes to die
May 27, 2018 7:01 AM

Nov 2011
We got a healthy amount of info in this episode but theres still things that need to be cleared up in my eyes.

Like are these Children here because there were still adults who did not lost their reproductive capabilities? or were the genetically made?

Have the Klauxosaurs been here the entire time?

I mean we saw some shit inside of them at the end of episode 13 that looked like humans so whats up with that?

We got the obvious with 0-2 being a clone of the Queen.

nightcrawlercyp said:
So many of my theories are revealed as true in this episode:
- 02 is a clone of some sort of the klaxosaurs queen
- they became immortal in exchange of their ability to reproduce
- the klaxosaurs are humans that after the rich become immortal evolved
- the children are clones used to fight the klaxosaurs
- APE are the bad guys that created all this mess
- the adults have no more emotions and they are basically dead inside with few exxceptions

But still some questions remain:
Is the doctor 02 father? i.e. did she use his own DNA in the cloning?
What are the APE members?
Will the kids join the klaxosaurs eventually?

And then after doing some previous reading I found this so thank you lol
SoraSenpaiMay 27, 2018 7:07 AM
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

May 27, 2018 7:16 AM

Mar 2017
So Zero Two was
May 27, 2018 7:37 AM

Jan 2013
So much information!!! Finally!!
The only person that i feel bad is about Dr.Franxx's wife :(
He became crazy after her death.

I understand the idea of getting immortal, but their idea is a little weird & odd.
So 02 is the clone of that girl, interesting.

Now their revolution begins! But i still wonder what is the point of this girl, i mean, what was she doing inside the earth all this time.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 27, 2018 7:38 AM

Jul 2016
This episode should've been 10 episodes ago at least, still thankful we got some backstory though - about time some questions got answered. The next 5 weeks of waiting are gonna be rough...

Hopefully the series doesn't do anything stupid so that it can end on a high :fingers_crossed:
May 27, 2018 9:46 AM

Feb 2017
ButadonMeitantei said:

The only good post right here.
Also i really dont understand about what happened to the whole world or other country in general. The only thing i noticed is the plantation always running on a plain desert ground.

Thw summary is:

• Secret group make new energy resource which is magma energy and announce it to world
  • Whole world make fast expansion with all new technology from big and cheap energy
  • The secret group has a politic influence (What ? I dont get it ? So humanity just stuck and rely on this group ?)
  • Humanity new technology Immortality introduced, population raised, only the rich can live, Children Tax so expensive so humanity just forget about reproduction
  • Dessert came out of nowhere on southern NA, possibly because Magma mining (No fucking reason whatsoever)
  • Plantation introduced so all human live in there (so all human existance is the only can pay to live there, the rest just abandoned, WaitWhat? And about living in there, i cant believe people can live there and get all everyday needs like food or other industry, or how the economy and poeple's occupation)
  • Klaxo appear
  • Humanity trying to make weapon which is franxx
  • dr frank visit klaxo queen
  • dr frank make clone of klaxo queen.

I found the futuristic scifi setting they trying to infodump not really great and impactful, i dont care anymore, because the major plot on previous ep is only a fucking teen drama. All the ep we get is only to interact with character, not the setting, too late to make it on this amount of episode.

Lastly, even if im not watch this ep, i believe i dont even notice anything important for the whole series existance.
This series basically a drama about the children, spesificly Hiro and the gang searching meaning of them to be born. I dont care about the whole setting.

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
May 27, 2018 10:08 AM

Mar 2008
You know why this ISN'T Evangelion plagiarism ?

Because Gendou's wife Ikari Yui is involved LMAO

Taken from https://twitter.com/2940san/status/1000417153072250881
dragonshadeMay 27, 2018 10:12 AM
May 27, 2018 10:26 AM

Jan 2011
evoniee said:
ButadonMeitantei said:

The only good post right here.
Also i really dont understand about what happened to the whole world or other country in general. The only thing i noticed is the plantation always running on a plain desert ground.
I found the futuristic scifi setting they trying to infodump not really great and impactful, i dont care anymore, because the major plot on previous ep is only a fucking teen drama. All the ep we get is only to interact with character, not the setting, too late to make it on this amount of episode.

Lastly, even if im not watch this ep, i believe i dont even notice anything important for the whole series existance.
This series basically a drama about the children, spesificly Hiro and the gang searching meaning of them to be born. I dont care about the whole setting.

In all honesty while it does explain shit it isn't really convincing. The timeline feels too constrained.

evoniee said:

Thw summary is:

• Secret group make new energy resource which is magma energy and announce it to world
  • Whole world make fast expansion with all new technology from big and cheap energy
  • The secret group has a politic influence (What ? I dont get it ? So humanity just stuck and rely on this group ?)
  • Humanity new technology Immortality introduced, population raised, only the rich can live, Children Tax so expensive so humanity just forget about reproduction
  • Dessert came out of nowhere on southern NA, possibly because Magma mining (No fucking reason whatsoever)
  • Plantation introduced so all human live in there (so all human existance is the only can pay to live there, the rest just abandoned, WaitWhat? And about living in there, i cant believe people can live there and get all everyday needs like food or other industry, or how the economy and poeple's occupation)
  • Klaxo appear
  • Humanity trying to make weapon which is franxx
  • dr frank visit klaxo queen
  • dr frank make clone of klaxo queen.

1) I ask myself why? What's the fucking endgame? Where did they come across the knowledge and centralize it among themselves where did they get the funds, the manpower and resources. How did they go about pitching this to an entire planet without themselves being bought out, or splintered, or investigated?

2) From a realistic standpoint I'd expect certain nations to have reservations regarding this new energy source as this would threaten the economies of several large corporations and industries and even entire countries. This could easily shift the balance of economic and in extension, military power drastically. It feels like this would better work with a one world government rather than (presumably) the current array of nations and alliances.

3)This seems like total bullshit. Once again I can't understand how an organization previously unknown would not come under scrutiny for introducing a fucking immortality serum, especially one that destroys the prospect of reproduction, possibly damages the human psyche (emotions) and doesn't exactly prevent them from dying from grave injury or illness.

4) Shit was moving way to fast for my tastes This seems like something that would at the very least take decades to occur. And how the fuck does magma energy do this exactly?

5) I would assume in their defense that magma energy (again, bullshit.) could be used to either synthesize food or power systems that make production of nutrition an easy task. Assuming that they don't just inject magma energy right into themselves as food (Jesus). Somehow APE managed to place themselves at the helm of a de facto dictatorship created by the circumstances they influenced. Again, what is their angle? We know how they came upon this immense power but for what end? The advancement of humanity or some corny shit? How much of it was intentional.

6) Why not? For some reason a race of underground behemoths decided to pop in and say 'hi' because they were attracted to the magma energy being drawn to the surface. Because we all know the likely abundant sources still below ground weren't enough. I call bullshit and it went to voicemail so I left a message.

7) And for some reason it requires two separate genders to function properly. No way they could just make weapons that utilize magma energy to down Klaxosaurs.

8) No fucking way the dozen people who investigated would've been able to hold off whatever they expected down there with just guns. It might've flown if Franxx had stumbled upon her and reported this back to APE.

9) Cuz, why not? He's a mad scientist who somehow became obsessed even more at the death of his wife which was handled in a laughable way.

This seems like bullshit. APE is a secret organization written wrong and they are honestly the weaker aspect of the storyline. I remember the Neo Atlanteans from The Secret of Blue Water and they were validated a million times better. These guys feel like they're going to become antagonists for the sake of being antagonists.

dragonshade said:
You know why this ISN'T Evangelion plagiarism ?

Because Gendou's wife Ikari Yui is involved LMAO

Taken from https://twitter.com/2940san/status/1000417153072250881

I've begun to accept plagiarism is merely a form of flattery in the anime industry. Either that or lawyers are making a killing off of all the suits from bullshit we've seen in some animes. I won't comment or whether this is an EVA clone since I haven't watched that yet.

QWERTYFish25May 27, 2018 10:32 AM
May 27, 2018 10:46 AM

Nov 2017
I liked it a lot. Maybe we could have had the infodump sooner, but hey, I'm not complaning. Hope Dr. Franx turns on APE. He's being shady for a while now and he has his own agenda.
Also I thought Papa was just 1 person, not like 5. Is the whole board of directors of APE called Papa? Idk.
You know as soon as the call ended APE was like "We need to get these children killed somehow". We have seen them sacrifice an entire suqad as suicide bombers, I am sure they will try to pull that stuff again. We need someone to back our boys and girls up, be it the Klaxo Queen, Dr. Franx or Nana.
There is a lot of stuff that needs to happen, but I am not sure it will before the season ends. What are the chances that there will me Season 2?
May 27, 2018 10:48 AM

May 2018
So, those APE guys were the bad ones after all, they've used such infulence for their ulterior move and end up destroying earth's ecosystem and those Klaxsoasaur, was mother nature's way of fight back against corporate greed of those APE guys.
May 27, 2018 11:03 AM

Jun 2017
Arcaedes said:
So APE were already hiding behind robes and masks back when the world was normal, and they introduced the magma energy to humanity, combine that with Klaxo Princess's "human wannabes" remark, and the info in this episode that the Klaxosaurs come from an ancient advanced civilisation I'm thinking at this point APE are Klaxo defectors using humanity to fight against their own Princess

Aside from that the rest of the episode was confirming previous speculations about what it means to be human, and giving some backstory to Dr Franxx to make him a more sympathetic character

I am really digging your theory. Introducing the magma energy out of nowhere and some ancient civilization emerging after said energy cannot be just a coincidence.
May 27, 2018 11:12 AM

Nov 2012
How is losing your arm worse than dying lol.

I'm glad Futoshi gained a spine this episode, finally respect him.
Jaywalker.
May 27, 2018 11:31 AM

Jun 2017
Great episode compared to the last three. We get some backstory and how everything works in this show. Hopefully the plot goes further next episode (and also let's hope Goro's VA gets healed so the show can go further).
May 27, 2018 11:52 AM
Oct 2017
We are finally getting some idea to why the world is as it is. Although I think that the show is dragging too long with the character arcs. I hope the ending is great.
May 27, 2018 11:53 AM

May 2018
Dr. FranXX is anime's biggest masochist. It looked like he had an orgasm when his arm was bitten off.

Look like Zorome finally got off Papa's dick!

Oh fuck! Did Dr. FranXX combine some of his DNA with the Queen's DNA to make Zero Two?! Could this be what the Nines are as well?!

Hey now!

"Are you intoxicated, or just insane?"
May 27, 2018 12:17 PM
Jun 2009
Well, I certainly loved the episode. I'm glad they finally put it in. In a lot of the series I like, I'm more interested in the world that it's happening in and what had happened up until that point. Not a lot of anime do this. So I'm glad they did it with this episode.
Overall, I'm just enjoying the series more and more with each passing episode. I truly hope the series will get a satisfying ending. That's all I ask for.
May 27, 2018 1:14 PM

Apr 2018
It was a real informative episode.

At last we see how the world has come to be what it is now.

The klaxsaurus princess is a badass.

The squad confronts papa and make their intentions clear.

So Zero two is a clone? Or did Dr. Frank put in some of his DNA too??

May 27, 2018 1:59 PM
Apr 2018
I knew that those fockerz were the first to extract the magma energy and not the klexosaurs to come first and after they started to extract magma to defend themselves. And zero two created by Werner .. To be continued.
May 27, 2018 2:00 PM

Sep 2016
It's amazing that they've let the audience stew so long on their worldbuilding. Shows like Evangelion were really explicit about the details in their first half; other shows like Gurren Lagann just completely ignore worldbuilding in favour of the action. But Darling just made us sit there and try to figure it out on our own for the majority of the runtime. Great narrative design.
May 27, 2018 2:19 PM

Apr 2015
So quite the info dump this episode, explained by Dr. Franxx's past. Quite interesting to be honest. I was wondering why the Klaxosaur Princess looked a lot like Zero Two and how those two would be related to each other, but it's Dr. Franxx who made a clone from DNA he got from the Princess.

I wonder if anyone else kinda noticed this, but I thought this was looking a lot like the scenes in second Maze Runner movie....
May 27, 2018 2:41 PM

Dec 2016
SupremeEdgelord said:
Oh well, at least they finally give some explanations and give Dr Franxx some backstory.

And for what reason did you build a robot that works only under that condition?
The Robot was made with the body of the dead Dino (forget the name), who maybe needs a chromosomal compability to work, perhaps every franx is made with an dead dino and the sex of the dino say if the pistill will be a male or a female.
N04L1TYMay 27, 2018 3:06 PM
heh.
May 27, 2018 2:48 PM

Apr 2018
With this episode the idea that the FranXXs are the reason because kids cannot become "adults" is stronger in me.

I mean... we know Zero Two kills her partners in 3 rides. FranXX could be like Zero Two as whoever rides it will die before becoming human, more like Zero Two's partners; but not just so fast but like in X years, that could make sense with Miku's gray spots in the hair and the fever some of them are having in this last few episodes.
So, like, a life shortener type of mecha?

Another thing: Zero Two has Queen's DNA so I assume she will not be burdened by the "FranXX's curse" (maybe because it's made with klaxosaurus bodies?), but what about Hiro the only one able to ride with her that is growing horns? I don't want to think about it, just gimme the answer!
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2018

391 by otakuanity »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2018

232 by otakuanity »»
May 7, 2:45 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2018

283 by otakuanity »»
May 7, 8:01 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2018

357 by otakuanity »»
May 6, 1:16 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2018

344 by otakuanity »»
May 6, 9:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.