Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 5, 2018 3:30 AM
Mar 2013
Rahhel said:
Loved 4/5th of the movie. The last episode was just a cliffhanger. Would've preferred a proper ending, but since they tease a continuation this is pretty much what I should've expected. Would love to see Daemon instead of Diabolomon though, since his "arc" was rushed in 02.

Can't believe they went with Magnadramon. Should've been Ophanimon or Venusmon as a surprise would've been awesome! What happend to Maki?

Yeah, i was very disappointed, too. After they went with Ophanimon in Falldown Mode, it would be logic to evolve to Ophanimon. That ruined, with that stuff why Daisuke and the others where away, and the deaths (were ok, but not needed) the whole movie-series for me.
I saw sometime ago the series again, i know why Gennai is evil, but i dont get that whole Yggdrasil and Homeostasis thing. They missed to explain that better and plus why they, what was nice to know, explained the stuff about the Sovereigns (except missing one), but they didnt fight, too? We saw the "gods" before and now, they are not there? The whole movie-series is unlogic for me, thats the only bad thing (plus blushing Tai because of Meiko XD).

We can except other movies after Daemon and Diaboromon were mentioned. I would like to see more with Daemon, too.
May 5, 2018 4:51 AM

Sep 2014
It was ok at best I guess. Better than the last two movies at least. I'm glad they didn't pull out some kind of asspull and actually killed Meicoomon. But overall too many unaswered questions, many things didn't make sense and the end feels inconclusive. Typical Toei. I will watch any possible sequels but this time I'm really going to lower my exprectations.
May 5, 2018 5:50 AM

Mar 2018
It finally ended! Thank god! And here I was thinking they couldn't do any worse, the 6th movie proved me wrong.

All of the things I want to rant are taken right out of my mouth by @ZBlastHistory, @Amble and @Glenfinnan. Thanks guys, you're my heroes.

The only thing I can accept in the whole series is that Taichi killed that f*cking annoying Meicoomon. GJ!

Even Butter-fly and Brave Heart, the songs which make me get goosebumps or teary whenever I listen to them can't save. RIP Kouji Wada. You're kinda lucky that you don't have to see this mess.

MagnaAngemon got owned by Devimon lol

Wizardmon came outta f*cking nowhere. And doesn't do sh*t.

Assmon Ordinemon didn't even look like a villain. Just an abomination with an ass. Where are our cool yet badass-looking villains like Myotismon and Piedmon?

Not too hard about not showing 02 kids cuz I don't give a f*ck about them in the first place.

What happened to Alphamon? Beats me. Eating cinnamon rolls, maybe?

Eh? An open ending? They're planning to continue this trainwreck?

Wait a minute. I'm gonna go edit my scores for previous movies to 4. I want to give them 1 but my love for the ancestor doesn't let me.
RenkiniMay 5, 2018 5:53 AM

May 5, 2018 7:22 AM

Aug 2015
I didn't expect to feel such a spirit (certainly I saw it). ❤️❤️❤️🦋❤️❤️❤️

One who knows nothing can understand nothing. ~Ansem
GO SAKABE IS A ROUSING SONG
May 5, 2018 7:44 AM

Sep 2009
For people who don't know after this movie aired they'd confirmed there wouldn't be a new anime in the franchise. It hasn't been confirmed to be a standalone or sequel yet
May 5, 2018 7:49 AM

Oct 2008
I feel vindicated. I saw all the warning signs. No one believed me when I started pointing out the flaws, the utter lack of understanding of the source material and what made the original loved by fans all over the world. Thank you, Digimon tri., for showing the world how right I was. Thank you for proving, once and for all, that reviving shows just for the sake of an anniversary is a god-awful idea and is something that incompetent studios do to make a quick buck.

The only good thing to come out of this Digimon nostalgia-bait shitshow is the updated transforming figure line. And even the toy designers seem to want to distance themselves from tri.

May 5, 2018 8:04 AM

Sep 2015
Actar said:
I feel vindicated. I saw all the warning signs. No one believed me when I started pointing out the flaws, the utter lack of understanding of the source material and what made the original loved by fans all over the world. Thank you, Digimon tri., for showing the world how right I was. Thank you for proving, once and for all, that reviving shows just for the sake of an anniversary is a god-awful idea and is something that incompetent studios do to make a quick buck.

The only good thing to come out of this Digimon nostalgia-bait shitshow is the updated transforming figure line. And even the toy designers seem to want to distance themselves from tri.

Well Toei really don't treat Digimon anime fair anymore after Xros Wars 1st season.

Death General are turn into fanserice (Nene abd Mevamon even Lilithmon)

Hunter are just straight up just a filler to fill time slot before Saint Seiya.

Then Appmon who got lots of poorly animation on their face and filler everywhere.

Not to mention none of them got a "movie" just like all the series until Savers.

And Toei in general are suck making sequel to Digimon anime.
Into the Internet!
May 5, 2018 8:42 AM
May 2016
LynxV1 said:
But of course, wizardmon is there

Wizardmon has to be alive, because he was alive in Digimon Xros Wars manga that happens like 6~10 years later from Tri. Gatomon was searching him travelling through universes, and she knew that because the reboot happened in Digimon Tri 6~10 years ago. They resurrected him because filing plot holes.
May 5, 2018 9:26 AM
Apr 2014
They really shouldn't have released 5 movies after, the nostalgia fan service was in full effect in the first movie for pretty much everyone, and then the nonsense plot was beyond exposed for the following ones.
May 5, 2018 10:14 AM

Apr 2013
Antoniorand said:
LynxV1 said:
But of course, wizardmon is there

Wizardmon has to be alive, because he was alive in Digimon Xros Wars manga that happens like 6~10 years later from Tri. Gatomon was searching him travelling through universes, and she knew that because the reboot happened in Digimon Tri 6~10 years ago. They resurrected him because filing plot holes.

Wizardmon's still dead at this point. Apparently Gennai was actually lying about the reboot bringing back Digimon from the dead, so Wiz is still a ghost. Why his only role was to guide Kari to the white place where Gatomon was (when Meiko later did the same thing without Wizardmon's help), I have no fucking idea. At the very least, I'm glad he's still watching over them, and I'm glad that tri was smart enough to not make the attempt to do more with him, 'cause we saw what happened with Leomon.
May 5, 2018 12:00 PM

Jun 2013
Renkini said:
MagnaAngemon got owned by Devimon

This irked me the most. Everyone remembers the classic scene where Angemon appears for the first time and destroys Devimon.

Now they completely ruined it having Devimon effortlessly deveat an even stronger form of Angemon?

Tri was supposed to be a treat for nostalgia and it ruined even that..
Weakness is a sin!
May 5, 2018 12:23 PM

Jul 2014
God this was horrible, while I did like Tai facing reality more that not everything can end up on a happy ending where you can save everyone, in a way that kinda means as a kid we have fantasies like that, everything will be fine, we can save everyone, but now with them being at least teens, they see more and realize more, maybe there was a way to save the digimon, but this was also one of those ways, saved by killing it.

They shoulda finished this all in one go or at least not make us wait half a damn year for what happens next! nostalgia train wore off.
1/5
May 5, 2018 1:02 PM
Jul 2018
The journey is finally over. Overall is was a very good experience remembering my childhood, it stills gave me chills when I remember Omegamos vs Alphamon in the first one, Rose and Vikemon in the second one, HerculesKabuterimon fighting his friends, Metalseadramon being destroyed by Wargreymon like in the original series, Omegamon vs Jezzmon and Alphamon and the appearance of Ordimon AKA Ayanami and now Omegamon Mercifulmon Digievolution.

But this opened ending alongside Jenai words who would be next? Daemon? Diablomon? this maybe means that Alphamon is possibly one of those created digimons hope that this will continue soon.
May 5, 2018 1:47 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
awe man.. we only get to see sillouettes of the s2 cast? :(

other than that i fucking loved it, Digimon was my absolute shit as a kid<3

hopefully thats a sign of another season which they are at least a part of

EcchiGodMamsterMay 5, 2018 1:51 PM
May 5, 2018 3:19 PM

Apr 2014
What was that ringing sound at the very end of the credits?
May 5, 2018 3:53 PM

Dec 2016
AbyssAnime said:
What was that ringing sound at the very end of the credits?

Classic digivice sound
May 5, 2018 4:03 PM
Jul 2014
In global, i like Digimon Adventure Tri very much, and i think that it have more good things that bad. End was good and the reason of why much things in the movies were like this. Waiting for the next proyect! Perhaps a prequel? Or a sequel with the sons of the main characters? Leets see.
May 5, 2018 5:08 PM
May 2018
It was like watching a paint dry. 6 movies for such a lame storyline? Really? It is all over the place and too much drama from the get go. The slice of life stuff just ruins everything. Everything is about overcoming anxiety, lack of confidence, etc. Seriously? I'd rather watch actual slice of life anime if I wanna watch that. The 1st movie was okay to build up the plot, however everything goes downhill from there. Too many useless stuffs shown while they don't even bother to explain sooo many plot holes. Meiko and Meicoomon take way too many screentime they don't deserve. The title should not be "Digimon Adventure Tri", more like "How To Deal With Meiko and Meicoomon's Anxiety ft. Digidestined".

I don't like the character design as well. They look like they always get bored and indifferent all the time. I also dislike the fact that after the Digimon digivolve, they kind of losing their personalities. It's all about the flashy attack, attack, and attack. The attack animation is very sloppy as well. They don't even bother to use the voice actors. So I sometimes feel the Digimons become mute after they digivolve. Btw, why the heck does Digimon Kaizer sound like a 50-year-old-man lol and act like a moron? The one I knew was a lot more reserved than that.

Thanks Toei for ruining the nostalgia. For me, it's the worst of any Digimon movies/series ever. Should have seen it coming after the trainwreck of Sailormoon Crystal and Saint Seiya Omega :)
IerodikonouMay 5, 2018 5:14 PM
May 5, 2018 7:07 PM

Apr 2013
Loved the first movie; disappointed w/ the rest.

Dat ass tho.
May 5, 2018 8:09 PM

Jul 2009
This movie actually did tie some things off, although I don't really think it was intentional. Meicoomon having everyones data isn't completely illogical, as shes a recompiled apocolymon, who was the manifestation of dead-ends for all digimon; all digimon should have some tie to apocolymon in that sense (although probably not to that extent).

Wizardmon did technically work, as it could have been his memories in meicoomon, or scraps from when he died in the real world (if the reboot can resurrect unrevivable digimon, then clearly it can work without needing to find every byte of their existence).

I also don't see any way killing meicoomon could have been a permanent death, as the worlds where basically merged at that point; should totally have became a digiegg on the other side. The fact the humans thought it was permanent, they should have just asked hackmon to open another rift so they could finish her in the digital world to make sure.

If evil whats-her-name lived long enough, at least her partner will magically remember her now.. idk how well they'll get along now after that mental breakdown. Too bad the teacher died; he was the only new character who was good.

Pod stuff, that extra pod definitely appeared to be Ryo; sure looked like him in his tamers outfit. Unless we're getting a millennium arc for the newly announced project though, there is absolutely no reason to include him since he shouldn't exist in the adventure universe anymore.

Not the worst set of movies for sure, but not very enjoyable... Hopefully the newly announced project doesn't lower the bar further...
May 5, 2018 10:12 PM

Jan 2012
TOEI again cashing in with our childhood memories T_T

Its sucks but we're still going to buy their merch!
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
May 6, 2018 1:44 AM
May 2010
Hmm.. Don't know how I feel about that.

I'm one of the only ones to like that Taichi made his decision, even if he knows that Hikari would not forgive him. He knew that decision was what was needed for the future. Sometimes, it has to be a choice. Very difficult, but still. Hikari knew that it had to be done, but that doesn't mean she has to like it. Taichi choosing to bear the burden of it. So cool of Taichi. Sort of makes up for his lack of appearance.

I like that they didn't just oh, yea, we can do this to save Meicoomon, when they were losing so much.

The solution to the reboot seems rush to me. Oh yea, we had all the data. It lacks climax for me ahaha, just seems too easy.

As mentioned before, I wanted a more heartfelt Taichi and Hikaru reunion. She was so upset to lose him.

Some says they wanted Taichi x Mei. I actually am glad nothing happened ahaha. XD

Overall, it was a decent movie. I felt more nostagia to see my characters and digmons. <3 More Taichi and Mimi in general is A+ for me!
May 6, 2018 1:45 AM

Jan 2011
When it was this far in I wasn't expecting any great resolution to what happened with the 02 cast, but that's seriously it?

Disappointing as a nostalgia continuation, but otherwise I guess it was okayish overall. Still wouldn't particularly recommend it to fans or newcomers though. Killing off that fucker Meicoomon that stole the series away from what should have focused on the original cast is cathartic at least.

Also it looks like they might try to continue this, not that I have any real hopes for that.
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-05-04/digimon-adventure-tri-anime-announces-franchise-new-project/.131184
May 6, 2018 2:10 AM

Oct 2008
Tri. was good, not perfect, it has problems yes but is not that bad either, is not a DBS wich sucks hard thats for sure, the problem i have is the painfully slow release of the series.

I give them some credits for (BIG SPOILER HERE):
RyuushinNoOukamiMay 6, 2018 2:24 AM
May 6, 2018 9:16 PM
Sep 2015
What are the chances of getting a reboot of digimon tri? Maybe a studio that actually knows what they're doing? Madhouse? Bones? Even pierro..... no that's gonna be even worse......
May 6, 2018 10:41 PM

Dec 2014
I don't like how at first everyone had given up on taichi they should be atleast be a little optimistic...like agumon.... the danger rages on.... and then... welll
May 6, 2018 11:35 PM

Apr 2013
ibraheem234 said:
I don't like how at first everyone had given up on taichi

I was bothered by this, too. This happened before back in the first season when Tai went back to the real world in episode 20, which made sense back then because they were just children, and they just blindly followed Tai around at the time because he was the most brash and vocal of them all. This was later cleared up when they brought up the topic and they all unanimously agreed Tai was a good leader for them. And yet Tai thought "Wait, what about Joe?" because he was the oldest.

I get it that they must've thought their best friend died in front of them, and that's really devastating. But it astounds me that Joe, the parental figure of the group, never spoke up about it to try and get everyone together to think of a plan or even as comfort. Even Matt, who's pretty much an unspoken second-in-command, didn't do anything until he felt like he had to.
May 7, 2018 12:38 AM

Sep 2015
Lil-Bird said:
ibraheem234 said:
I don't like how at first everyone had given up on taichi

I was bothered by this, too. This happened before back in the first season when Tai went back to the real world in episode 20, which made sense back then because they were just children, and they just blindly followed Tai around at the time because he was the most brash and vocal of them all. This was later cleared up when they brought up the topic and they all unanimously agreed Tai was a good leader for them. And yet Tai thought "Wait, what about Joe?" because he was the oldest.

I get it that they must've thought their best friend died in front of them, and that's really devastating. But it astounds me that Joe, the parental figure of the group, never spoke up about it to try and get everyone together to think of a plan or even as comfort. Even Matt, who's pretty much an unspoken second-in-command, didn't do anything until he felt like he had to.

Joe are huge joke on Adventure Tri his character are gone.

The Gabumon with Yamato moment also got some weird Gabumon voice too.

All of them are also lack some reaction after become that denial/down because Taichi are dead and they don't even care about Daigo who also with him on that moment.
Into the Internet!
May 7, 2018 6:07 AM
Apr 2016
How to destroy a good project in two movies. Bravo TOEI. Bravissimo. The last movie was rushed, emotionless and just forget this was in the begginig about the characters, not about fucking Iggdrasil and Homeostasis. Power Ups from nowhere, simple solutions for everything and lots of babbling to pretend this project is smart... Lets just put a big villain here and solve everything in the most idiotic way...
May 7, 2018 6:09 AM
Apr 2016
The only good thing in this movie are the Evangelion references and the confirmmation that Taichi is in Love with Meiko. All other stuff is a trainwreck
May 7, 2018 10:34 AM

May 2009
Evil!Gennai/Ken has gotta be one of the worst additions to the Digimon franchise.
May 7, 2018 11:24 AM

Apr 2013
Lax_Caux said:
The only good thing in this movie are the Evangelion references and the confirmmation that Taichi is in Love with Meiko. All other stuff is a trainwreck

I'm not going to lie that I didn't expect there to be some kind of Evangelion influence at some point, but this movie did it sloppily and I wish they hadn't done it.

What about Meiko does Taichi like so much? I mean it, what is so attractive about her that Taichi would like her that way?

Miya_F_Exia said:
Evil!Gennai/Ken has gotta be one of the worst additions to the Digimon franchise.

I think it's a good idea, but it's bad only because we didn't get a fucking explanation for why or who this impostor Gennai is running around.
May 7, 2018 12:29 PM

May 2009
^I was mainly talking about his personality/characterization. Just some extremely over the top psychopath that gets on my nerves every single time he opens his mouth.
May 7, 2018 1:07 PM

Apr 2013
Miya_F_Exia said:
^I was mainly talking about his personality/characterization. Just some extremely over the top psychopath that gets on my nerves every single time he opens his mouth.

Yeah, his personality's really out there and just made things more confusing due to how out-of-place it is. Some folks have theorized it's actually Piedmon, but I find that a little hard to swallow, even though I'm not against that idea.
May 7, 2018 2:24 PM

Feb 2015
They finally confirmed that Sora & Yamato are still in a relationship - thank god.
Now I can rest in peace.
There's no possible way you can steal my heart

I want to drown in this sweet Melancholy
May 7, 2018 9:08 PM

Mar 2013
Hikari needs a boyfriend ASAP! other than that, I will pretend that this is an alternate universe and the adventureverse is intact in my childhood memories
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
May 8, 2018 1:22 AM

Dec 2011
I just finished part 6 and it had everything I ever wanted... Magnadramon is once again Gatomon's canon mega form. I was so worried it was going to be boring old female sepharimon.

I jumped out of my seat whooping and hollering when the field came up and Magnadramon was under it. I kept looking at my wife and saying, "God I hope it's Magnadramon.... It's not going to be Magnadramon... fking ophanimon... Magnadramon already made an appearance!" I'm so happy right now.

And how about that supped up Omegamon? A mode change to a whole new level? An Ultra (a term I use for 'beyond mega' that I think actually gets bounced around a little by others) that mode changes? Gods, yes please.

And the icing on the awesome cake... sequel bait! As one of the few plot lines from the second season that I actually found interesting, the fact that Daemon was mentioned interested me.

One thing that alludes me though, maybe someone can explain this to me... who was the 5th person from season 2 that was in the pods? The silhouette kinda looked like Gennai. Am I wrong?

And I never did quite understand Evil Gennai's motivations or... why he became evil...

In any case.... I'm very pleased with how this closed out.
May 8, 2018 5:20 AM

Mar 2015
I just finished the first episode of the last movie. OMG...this is going to be a struggle. Nothing makes sense. Not a single action and line uttered by characters makes sense. Everyone regressed to a one-dimensional character, ESPECIALLY the partner Digimon. The only reason these characters "care" about Taichi's "death" is because the story demands them to. These characters don't feel like real people at all. I sure don't care about his "death" because it's obvious he's alive. And what about Tailmon? I guess nobody gives a fuck about her fusing with that other boring Digimon and becoming an apocalyptic monster. Why would they care when she's just a one dimensional drone as well. And why is the city a freaking ghost town? It's like nobody lives there aside from the main characters. Also, that interaction between Gabumon and Yamato was gay as fuck.

And I watched the second episode. LMAO! So I guess Taichi and Nishijima somehow woke up in the laboratory where the 02 kids are held. Ok... Taichi didn't know that they are missing. WAIT WHAT?? Is he retarded? Are all of them actually retarded? Didn't they find it strange that they had to beat a fricking Imperialdramon earlier and didn't they find it strange that 02 kids were NOWHERE TO BE SEEN and despite the critical situation the world is in? You're telling me that all this time, they didn't even try to get in touch with each other? LOL. These movies, man. My God...
BliuTigerMay 8, 2018 5:46 AM
May 9, 2018 9:44 AM

Apr 2013
BliuBliu said:
LOL. These movies, man. My God...

I was waiting for your comments with bated breath. You don't disappoint.

The scene between Matt and Gabumon was the only good part about Our Future, honestly, but that moment gets ruined upon remembering that the reboot had happened and Gabumon's memories were gone, so him being super attached and loyal to Matt like that doesn't make sense.

I don't think the writers knew what they were doing anymore after Confession happened due to how quickly they backpedaled on the consequences of the reboot. It's really bad when the audience and the characters themselves end up forgetting something so important and life-changing happens that it's like it never happened. It makes the ending all that much more ridiculous.
May 9, 2018 12:42 PM

Mar 2015
Lil-Bird said:

The scene between Matt and Gabumon was the only good part about Our Future, honestly, but that moment gets ruined upon remembering that the reboot had happened and Gabumon's memories were gone, so him being super attached and loyal to Matt like that doesn't make sense.

I don't think the writers knew what they were doing anymore after Confession happened due to how quickly they backpedaled on the consequences of the reboot. It's really bad when the audience and the characters themselves end up forgetting something so important and life-changing happens that it's like it never happened. It makes the ending all that much more ridiculous.

I didn't know I had fans, hahaha! That scene with Yamato and Gabumon. I don't know. It was ok but it's kinda too.....well......gay. Ok, seriously now. Gabumon says he will be with him until he grows old and he will do everything for him and what not. But I don't like this and here's why. This is exactly why I say the Digimon partners are one dimensional characters. The Digimon only care about their human partner. That's it. They don't care about anyone else including themselves. What will Gabumon do when Yamato is gone? Wouldn't it be great if Digimon would ask themselves these questions and stop having such a narrow outlook? Wouldn't it have been better if Tri. focused on correcting flaws like these from the Adventure season and tackling some more mature themes instead of this shit? That's the kind of stuff that I wanted from this series. Instead we got the same conflicts from previous season only done worse. I still have to finish the last 3 episodes.
May 9, 2018 3:21 PM

Mar 2014
BliuBliu said:
Lil-Bird said:

I didn't know I had fans, hahaha! That scene with Yamato and Gabumon. I don't know. It was ok but it's kinda too.....well......gay. Ok, seriously now. Gabumon says he will be with him until he grows old and he will do everything for him and what not. But I don't like this and here's why. This is exactly why I say the Digimon partners are one dimensional characters. The Digimon only care about their human partner. That's it. They don't care about anyone else including themselves. What will Gabumon do when Yamato is gone? Wouldn't it be great if Digimon would ask themselves these questions and stop having such a narrow outlook? Wouldn't it have been better if Tri. focused on correcting flaws like these from the Adventure season and tackling some more mature themes instead of this shit? That's the kind of stuff that I wanted from this series. Instead we got the same conflicts from previous season only done worse. I still have to finish the last 3 episodes.

according to the original directer (adventure/02) when human dies so do their partner (same logic doesn't apply to tamersvere according to scriptwriter of tamers), they killed off that oikawa guys partner off screen near the end of adventure 02
the reason it was off screen was since the guy didn't die, but became a guardian spirit or something his digimon might have also become one.

which makes the drama over taichi's death even more hilarious

this fanfic was terrible, still can't believe there has not been a new digimon anime since savers
KuroFireMay 9, 2018 3:34 PM
May 9, 2018 4:22 PM

Mar 2015
KuroFire said:

according to the original directer (adventure/02) when human dies so do their partner (same logic doesn't apply to tamersvere according to scriptwriter of tamers), they killed off that oikawa guys partner off screen near the end of adventure 02
the reason it was off screen was since the guy didn't die, but became a guardian spirit or something his digimon might have also become one.

which makes the drama over taichi's death even more hilarious

this fanfic was terrible, still can't believe there has not been a new digimon anime since savers

Oh man... That's so stupid. That just ruins the Digimon characters and their potential. It would be so much better if Digimon partners were more independent as characters.
May 9, 2018 4:35 PM

Apr 2013
BliuBliu said:
Oh man... That's so stupid. That just ruins the Digimon characters and their potential. It would be so much better if Digimon partners were more independent as characters.

It might be a fan theory or it was mentioned in the original, but apparently the Digimon are like fragments of their DigiDestineds' souls? So in a way they're connected and perhaps even share the same "life span". It's a little difficult to gauge due to the fact time was fucked during Adventure before it got reset after Apocalymon was defeated, so the Digimon could've lived hundreds of years before Tai and the others arrived.

I'm disappointed as well that Digimon aren't otherwise independent from their partners (despite Gatomon proving otherwise), but it probably would've helped immensely if this was ever explained in-universe at some point or another. Just another example of a wasted opportunity for tri.
May 9, 2018 4:46 PM

Mar 2015
Lil-Bird said:

It might be a fan theory or it was mentioned in the original, but apparently the Digimon are like fragments of their DigiDestineds' souls? So in a way they're connected and perhaps even share the same "life span". It's a little difficult to gauge due to the fact time was fucked during Adventure before it got reset after Apocalymon was defeated, so the Digimon could've lived hundreds of years before Tai and the others arrived.

I'm disappointed as well that Digimon aren't otherwise independent from their partners (despite Gatomon proving otherwise), but it probably would've helped immensely if this was ever explained in-universe at some point or another. Just another example of a wasted opportunity for tri.

I honestly don't remember them ever saying anything about this in the anime and I rewatched it at least 3 times. If it's true, it doesn't make much sense and it's just unnecessary as it limits the potential of Digimon partners as characters. But I don't think it was said. I'm trying to find the direct quote from the director that KuroFire mentioned, but no luck so far.
May 9, 2018 5:23 PM

Mar 2014
BliuBliu

translation of it, don't know how acurate it is, have not read it

https://withthewill.net/threads/19785-Digimon-Staff-Q-and-A-Livestream
May 9, 2018 5:56 PM

Mar 2015
KuroFire said:
BliuBliu

Thank you very much. Well that sucks for sure. This is why Digimon Tamers world is the best. I'm now officially abandoning all hope for any potential Adventure sequel. Whatever speck of it was left after Tri was inflicted on me is now gone forever.
May 9, 2018 9:13 PM

Apr 2013
KuroFire said:
BliuBliu

"In past interviews it's been mentioned the staff was told to use fortune telling to decide on character's names."

Oh my God, that's hilarious.

"He also mentions that when a Digimon dies in the human world there is no telling what happens."

*coughMyotismoncough* *coughPumpkinmonGotsumoncough* *cough02LadyDevimoncough*

I'd count Wizardmon, but it's been heavily implied Wizardmon is not a Digimon of the Digital World variety, so his death played out differently.

EDIT: Oh yeah, so if a DigiDestined dies, then their Digimon die with them. Well, uh...

Lil-BirdMay 9, 2018 9:20 PM
May 9, 2018 10:17 PM

Jan 2018
"Ta much!"
Damn, Meicoomon's death made me cry a bit.

The only thing I liked in this movie is this scene.
May 9, 2018 11:39 PM

Mar 2014
BliuBliu said:
KuroFire said:
BliuBliu

Thank you very much. Well that sucks for sure. This is why Digimon Tamers world is the best. I'm now officially abandoning all hope for any potential Adventure sequel. Whatever speck of it was left after Tri was inflicted on me is now gone forever.

you'r welcome
i personally like savers due to how digimon and partner can stand as equals due to digisoul
and how not only does the digimon grow stronger so do the humans
like near the end how Massaru he's able to fight ultimates on equal grounds
in adventure human seem to have upper hand if human dies so does partner
in tamers digimon have upper hand like how takuto was scared of guilman at one point, it worked out for the cast of tamers but i could easily imagine some other kid somwhere getting eaten by his digimon because he pissed him off
May 9, 2018 11:40 PM

Mar 2014
Lil-Bird said:
KuroFire said:
BliuBliu

"In past interviews it's been mentioned the staff was told to use fortune telling to decide on character's names."

Oh my God, that's hilarious.

"He also mentions that when a Digimon dies in the human world there is no telling what happens."

*coughMyotismoncough* *coughPumpkinmonGotsumoncough* *cough02LadyDevimoncough*

I'd count Wizardmon, but it's been heavily implied Wizardmon is not a Digimon of the Digital World variety, so his death played out differently.

EDIT: Oh yeah, so if a DigiDestined dies, then their Digimon die with them. Well, uh...

pretty much
they only talk about earlier series 1999-2006
the game producer wanted to ask the origanal staff about stuff he wasn't sure about
because he believes the base of the product their making is important
if he wanted fanfic answers he would have asked tri staff
its reasons like this digimon game fans worship this guy, its beacause he does research unlike tri staff

i remember it being mentionted somewhere
apparently digimon staffs between Adventure to Savers anime/V-Tamer to NEXT manga used to talk back and forth about how to expand digimon lore without steping on each others shoes while still giving each series its own flavour
witch is why the digimon anime/manga from 1999 to 2006 are the best i personally think anyway

about the digimon partner deaths(in AdventureVerse only as far as i know), to be fair the most of the plot is based on the first digimon game (digimon world PS1),
where you have a digimmon partner no matter how many times he dies is always reborn as an egg through a single playthrough
they probably thought it was obvious if the tamer died it would be game over
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» About Digimon Girls

RaVeN_Mortus - Jun 30, 2022

2 by RaVeN_Mortus »»
Oct 6, 2022 12:48 PM

» Did (spoiler) have an implied kiss?

animeguru90 - May 4, 2018

7 by CataOrShane »»
May 9, 2020 3:28 PM

» So, why was (spoiler) evil ?

MonsieurPapillon - Nov 4, 2019

1 by Rei_III »»
Apr 25, 2020 5:25 AM

» One more to go, let's hope the 02 cast start existing again

LucDisway - Sep 30, 2017

36 by prepare4trouble »»
Mar 28, 2020 10:00 PM

» New project announced! Possibly a conrinution

desgostoamargo - May 6, 2018

12 by animangafreak_ZX »»
Oct 24, 2019 6:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.