Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
May 9, 2018 5:36 AM

Oct 2014
you guys talk about Mapo tofu, meanwhile i am thinking about Sakura Lip zoom scene
May 9, 2018 5:59 AM
Mar 2017
The cinematography and sound design in this movie was absolutely wonderful. The quiet, solemn atmosphere and the near-constant sense of foreboding set the mood perfectly and it had me totally enraptured in the film. It was a near perfect adaptation given the time constraints. Couldn't ask for anything more out of this movie... As a big Fate fan and VN reader at least.

I think this maybe a bit of a confusing movie for more casual fans. While many unnecessary scenes were rightfully shortened or outright cut, certain plot elements like Assassin's increasing intelligence were sorta glossed over and a lot of information was conveyed in a not so obvious way visually to save time. A lot of people may not remember Zero and UBW that well and may miss some details because of it.

All that being said, best animation, best action, arguably best cinematography and best sound design of any anime.
May 9, 2018 6:01 AM

Mar 2013
Incredible. As a HF fan I can't ask for much more honestly anime-wise. It was the most important to me that they got the atmosphere right... and they did, easily. The characters too, equally important, which they nailed as well. Just look at the scenes with Shirou and Sakura.

"Yea of course this movie is going to look great - ufotable, etc. etc." BUt you know what? It STILL fucking surprised me with how beautiful it looked in some scenes. The lightning is ridiculously good, compared to everything else I've seen pretty much.

Just the best. One of the best things I've seen. The people working on this are doing the route justice, you can tell. Remember that this is only the first movie, there's much left.

10/10

HarlequinaMay 9, 2018 6:06 AM
May 9, 2018 6:06 AM

Dec 2012
Excellent Movie...No more confusion what order to watch this series FORGET the rest of the Fate anime especially the DEEN treat them all as stand alone. If you just intend to watch the anime.

>>>UFOTABLE's VERSION RELEASE ORDER<<<
May 9, 2018 6:33 AM

Oct 2013
Goddamn what an awesome start to IMO the best route. The quiet atmosphere was perfect. I loved the character interactions especially the godly mapo tofu scene. Every frame was a beauty to behold. The action scenes were great. Lancer vs Assassin was one of the best anime fights I've seen animation and choreography wise.

And I loved all the original content they added. Especially the ones concerning Shinji as it gives him a bit more depth to his character. The end with Saber reaching for the Holy Grail and Saber Alter stopping her was also great. Although I felt they should have still added Saber's monologue about apologizing to Shirou for losing right before she was consumed by the shadow.

All in all I couldn't ask for a better adaptation of my favorite route. Now to wait for another year before we van watch the 2nd film subbed.

The real question though is, who did it better?

May 9, 2018 6:48 AM
Dec 2014
Seen it. I think it is okay for me. Visual is great. Fight scenes were cool for flashy sfx and sound (especially for lancer vs assassin), but I think it has mediocre choreography and rhythms for fight scenes. The pacing is really my problem. The prologue is slow and a little bit boring for me, but the latter part feel really rush like copy-paste and seem confusing though I've seen fate zero and ubw. I think it could be better if UFO can fix the pacing problems. I can't feel the mysterious atmosphere like I feel in KnK. I still think manga has better pacing and build up for mysterious in HF and the artwork is really good too.
7/10

p.s For me F/Z is still the best fate adaptation to anime. It has really good pacing and the build up to climax is great.

May 9, 2018 6:53 AM

Jan 2016
It's been such a long wait!

Tbh as someone who's already read the VN, I can't ask for much more. This film showed me what Ufotable will do with the 2 other movies and what they will probably include.

For a second I thought that they included Shirou's wet dream, not quite but we got some nice Rin shoots in.....
Something that I noticed was how they twice showed off Sakura's clumsiness, which was an amazing touch because it's related to the plot in itself.

Adaptation wise Heaven's feel will probably have the best one, even though UBW is my favorite route in the VN. The next 2 films (especially the 3rd one) should be even more amazing!
May 9, 2018 7:20 AM

Nov 2016
Finally, the movie is out. This is what I was expecting from a Fate/Zero sequel. Couldn't ask more about a dark Fate. So far, I'm enjoying more this line than the UBW one.

The battle scenes surprised me tho, really good coordinations and top animation. Lancer vs Assassin was really good. Some will say the CG was bad, but it wasn't that annoying.

Sakura is a enjoyable character, clumsy and cute. She of course, has something hiding. That wet dream was hot. A lot of questions to be answer. Can't wait for the sequel!

Mako Tofu scene, we did it!
May 9, 2018 7:35 AM

Dec 2015
you dont need to ask how the visual look like, its so great >movie quality.
glad they dont show too much of the same scene that already happen in UBW.
saber vs rider just lol "i want 2 see servant battle " then few second later rider's dead.
lancer part was cool but he died , again and this time too short

how was kojirou killed ?
what was the thing grapping the servant anyway? that shadow with the long hair
mapou tofu is the best , love seeing kirei eating these < this is the best scene XD . thats why i had it for dinner before watching lol
i dont know which 1 is shirou consider more monstrous, is it the shadow thing or the mapou tofu lol

rider vs assassin , assassin lose lol its not like in the game mechanic FGO , just kidding im not serious ok
nice we got to see salter with that dress
waiting is always the worst part
May 9, 2018 7:47 AM
Oct 2011
Exeterna said:

how was kojirou killed ?

Kojirou was used as catalyst for the true Assassin summoning.
May 9, 2018 8:21 AM

Apr 2017
Eh? Urobutcher didn't direct this?... It's way too nihilistic considered how the prelude ended so many infodumps.. rather than taking the most crucial and bizarre moments.. Those possible hints were the most unnerving tension.. along all the counterparts that had been through foreshadowing.. And Srsly? the deaths are quite gritty considered this route can be filled with a lot of bloodshed..

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
May 9, 2018 8:55 AM

Mar 2018
How many years it's been I haven't watched a Fate this good. Reconfirmed my love for the franchise. Gotta hand it to Ufotable. Watch and learn, A-1 and Shaft. This is how you do Fate. Fast and focused fights which don't rely on explosions, mystery elements, simple but curious, which keep pulling you until the very end. Spamming Kamehamehas and blowing up mountains, tryhard mysteries which pretend to be so complex that it can't be solved anymore later aren't Fate things.

Ahem, enough ranting and back to discussion...

As a VN player, the pace is a little all over the place but since they have to condense it in a movie format and epicness is over 9000, it can be brushed aside easily. If they go at this rate, it can only get better. 9/10 right now but I can sense a 10/10 if they nailed the later movies.

A good idea to skip the prologue scenes since there won't a newbie anymore who'd start Fate with this movie (?)

"So he tends to like the people he dislikes."
Won't comment on it anymore since it became a Fate tradition...

Never knew Mapo Tofu scene was this wanted, although it's also my favorite scene in the VN.

That shadow is still creepy no matter how many times I see it.

Lancer died again. No Carnival Phantasm joke, anyone?

That 'wet' dream was a sex scene in VN, just FYI ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Not a very large fan of Sakura but I think she's more attractive here than in the VN.

Okay! It's time for Ufo to remake Stay Night route and Tsukihime. Even better, Fate/extra too, which'll follow the source to the dot, with Hakunon of course.

May 9, 2018 9:10 AM

Mar 2016
Ufotable does it again!
Absolutely amazing.
Lie until what you want to be true becomes truth. Lie until you can't remember what's a lie and what isn't.  Lie until you aren't lying anymore!
Figures
May 9, 2018 9:13 AM

Jan 2018
Wow man just wow have been waiting for this movie since last year.

The animation of this movie is excellent even compared to the zero and UBW the only problem is that now have to wait another year for the 2nd one.
May 9, 2018 9:13 AM

Feb 2017
Fucking finally! The day has come.
I was really hyped for the movie and it exceeded my expectations. I can't imagine how awesome watching this in cinemas was when watching it on TV was this good. Animation, art, sound, music, voice acting, atmosphere, everything was great to me.

One of the highlights for me was Rider vs Saber scene. It started with epic buildup, flashy moves from Rider, great Yuki Kajiura OST and me getting goosebumps, and then... the next moment Saber KOed Rider with just one kick and I started to laugh out laud.

I also loved little details in the movie, like character expressions during certain scenes and dialogues foreshadowing what is to to come, and little stuff like Rider gently putting down Mitsuzuri, indicating that she is kinder than she appears to be.

I've read VN long ago so I can't really nitpick what is skipped or changed, only things I noticed that were skipped were cooking and some slice of life scenes which is totally fine in my opinion. Also the scenes in the beginning were fast forwarded which is also fine since it is already expected that a viewer knows about it.

All in all, film was fantastic for me, great adaptation of the 3rd route. With knowledge about what is to come in next two movies and with how great this movie was I am even more hyped for sequels.
May 9, 2018 9:48 AM

Aug 2013
fuck, that's some Infinity war level cliffhanger bullshit right there...

idk, feels like nothing really happen in this part, was expecting some feels since fans was like gya gya about it. IMO other than the godly animation aad precious Sakura's smile, the movie it self is average at best... I do hope my impression gonna change in the next part, since all those waiting after the news got out and trailer etc etc was hellish to say, I dont want this to become one of those Movie that only VN readers gonna appreciate...

that Mapo tofu and Kotomie's moaning while chewing is amusing to see at least
May 9, 2018 10:06 AM

Apr 2015
This is what i came to see:

MapoTofu/10
May 9, 2018 10:14 AM
Aug 2014
Tsarko said:
Fucking finally! The day has come.
I was really hyped for the movie and it exceeded my expectations. I can't imagine how awesome watching this in cinemas was when watching it on TV was this good. Animation, art, sound, music, voice acting, atmosphere, everything was great to me.

One of the highlights for me was Rider vs Saber scene. It started with epic buildup, flashy moves from Rider, great Yuki Kajiura OST and me getting goosebumps, and then... the next moment Saber KOed Rider with just one kick and I started to laugh out laud.

I also loved little details in the movie, like character expressions during certain scenes and dialogues foreshadowing what is to to come, and little stuff like Rider gently putting down Mitsuzuri, indicating that she is kinder than she appears to be.

I've read VN long ago so I can't really nitpick what is skipped or changed, only things I noticed that were skipped were cooking and some slice of life scenes which is totally fine in my opinion. Also the scenes in the beginning were fast forwarded which is also fine since it is already expected that a viewer knows about it.

All in all, film was fantastic for me, great adaptation of the 3rd route. With knowledge about what is to come in next two movies and with how great this movie was I am even more hyped for sequels.

The only thing I noticed to be different in the vn was that the wounded caster was initially killed by saber because she and shirou went the temple the first time and saw a dead souichiro (saber was blackened the second time when they went there) instead of assassin, but this does not disrupt the overall plot, so it's fine.

Overall, I have to say that the movie was just amazing to watch. The animation and the soundtrack were spot on, the fight choreographies and also the darker scenes in the storyline were well presented.

I was worried that the length of this trilogy might not be enough to cover everything important, but now I think that if the other movies are 30 min longer, then it will be fine.

p.s. i'm not sure how to feel about saber alter's early reveal because it takes the surprise element out
ShulQMay 10, 2018 3:36 AM
May 9, 2018 12:02 PM

Jan 2013
Man, what a great movie this was. Loved almost every moment of the film. Got to know Sakura a bit more and would like more scenes with her more along with more Illya scenes would be nice in the next film. Would of liked to seen a lil bit more character interaction between Shirou and Sakura.

I too am glad they skipped the first part where Shirou gets wounded and Rin comes to save him couple of minutes in the film, etc as that's already been seen in UBW but may be an issue for those who haven't seen it as not sure they'll pick up on what's going on in the foreground as the credits play.

I am hoping for another 2hr long film for part 2 and 3 with such a time frame it'd be like watching past a regular 12/13 TV episode anyways.

Probably the only gripe I have in the film is the Lancer vs Assasin scene both chase scene and fighting in the truck thing whatever it's called. Not a fan of the CG work there at all looked so out of place and "fake" (dunno the right word to use) but the rest of the scene in the swamp thing was fine.

I gotta agree with some that feel that this is the true sequel to Fate/Zero. I was so-so with UBW but this one's got the right feel to it. Hope it stays this way with part 2 and 3.
radleMay 9, 2018 12:06 PM
May 9, 2018 12:03 PM

Jan 2018
Very good movie overall. Though I still don't like the format of the 3 routes for one story. You basically have to mix them all together to get the true sequel to the perfect Fate/Zero. Last time Kirei, Sakura and Rider got shafted the worst. This time it's Caster, Assassin and Kuzuki who were all great in UBW.
On the other hand it's great to finally see what Zouken has been up to since the last grail war. Though I don't get the whole thing with Assassin. I hope they explain that a little more in the future.
The darker tone of Zero is also back, which is great. The animation is top notch as always with ufotable. I'm looking forward to the next one.

May 9, 2018 12:28 PM
Oct 2011
Hayle93 said:
Though I don't get the whole thing with Assassin. I hope they explain that a little more in the future.

At the end of UBW Assassin explaines that he is a fictional hero, because he was summoned by Caster, another Servant. Zouken is the head of the Matou family, the ones that provided the Command Spells to the ritual and experts of familiars. He used the irregular Servant summoned by Caster as a catalyst to summon the real Assassin.
May 9, 2018 12:47 PM

Jan 2018
YggdrasilTM said:
Hayle93 said:
Though I don't get the whole thing with Assassin. I hope they explain that a little more in the future.

At the end of UBW Assassin explaines that he is a fictional hero, because he was summoned by Caster, another Servant. Zouken is the head of the Matou family, the ones that provided the Command Spells to the ritual and experts of familiars. He used the irregular Servant summoned by Caster as a catalyst to summon the real Assassin.

Okay thank you for the clarification. So even though Zouken wasn't chosen by the grail, in this route he becomes a master because he himself chose to intervene this time? So in theory he could have done that in the other routes too, right?
May 9, 2018 12:51 PM

Feb 2017
Hayle93 said:
YggdrasilTM said:

Okay thank you for the clarification. So even though Zouken wasn't chosen by the grail, in this route he becomes a master because he himself chose to intervene this time? So in theory he could have done that in the other routes too, right?

Yes, he could have intervened in other two routes if he wanted.
May 9, 2018 1:50 PM

Jul 2010
Can anyone tell me how rider come and save emiya ass? hasnt she gone to other world?
May 9, 2018 1:53 PM

Oct 2014
Berserkerhealer said:
Can anyone tell me how rider come and save emiya ass? hasnt she gone to other world?

She didn't die when you saw her disappear after the fight with Shinji.
May 9, 2018 2:23 PM

Jan 2012
Well that was a lot to take in in one go... This felt fast and slow at the same time... if this even makes sense.
I was sad Lancer is already dead though I din't expect him to survive.

The movie was visually really quite stunning though.
May 9, 2018 3:16 PM

Dec 2012
Shayon said:
Berserkerhealer said:

Enlighten me Why did she save him?
May 9, 2018 3:21 PM
Oct 2011
Rohb said:
Shayon said:

Wait the next movie.
May 9, 2018 3:34 PM

Jul 2017
The first 40 mins was just a rehash other Fate parts, with a bit new scenes. That being said, I enjoyed the rest.

I’ve been dying to see more of Sakura and the Matou’s in HF and Alter Saber looks interesting Rider is so sexy, her fight against Assassin felt like a memorising dance that was turning me on. Shirou x Sakura is a decent ship so far, but Shirou x Rin is still OTP.

It’s hilarious that Lancer died again, it seems they’re always fated to die a miserable death. At least he didn’t get jobbed as bad as Kojiro though xD

8/10
FlexstyleMay 9, 2018 4:35 PM
May 9, 2018 3:38 PM

Apr 2011
Sakura is still as useless and annoying as ever I see.
May 9, 2018 3:42 PM

Jun 2011
OG_Gattsu said:
The first 40 mins was just a rehash other Fate parts, with a bit new scenes. That being said, I enjoyed the rest.

8/10

rehash what? There are significant changes + anime original scenes in those 40 minutes so i would hardly call it rehash.
May 9, 2018 3:51 PM

Sep 2013
Rohb said:
Shayon said:

There is a very good reason. Don't worry you'll see it in time
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 9, 2018 4:32 PM

Jul 2017
Theorder14 said:
OG_Gattsu said:

8/10

rehash what? There are significant changes + anime original scenes in those 40 minutes so i would hardly call it rehash.

It was the same shit we’ve seen before for the most part e.g. Shirou summoning Saber, Illya meeting Shirou, Saber Vs Berserker, Sakura meeting Gilgamesh in the street, Shirou finding out Shinji’s a master and fighting assassin. A couple of new scenes & Shirou x Sakura moments didn’t change this feeling like a rehash
FlexstyleMay 9, 2018 4:40 PM
May 9, 2018 4:33 PM

Dec 2014
A few reviewers going this isn't an entry point thus docking the score. I get score doesn't matter that much in the grand scheme of things, but this is just stupid. If you'd heard of Heaven's Feel, you're likely into the Fate series in some form or another thus you'd likely know that this is the third route in the original game. Even a little Google search can make things clear and the amount of laziness and ignorance is headache-inducing.

Art and animation is on point more than usual, and soundtrack stands out when it needs to thanks to Yuki Kajiura. The suspense aspect even though I already know what happens from playing the VN was there, like those silent scenes tho.
I need sleep.
May 9, 2018 5:45 PM
Jul 2018
OG_Gattsu said:
Theorder14 said:

It was the same shit we’ve seen before for the most part e.g. Shirou summoning Saber, Illya meeting Shirou, Saber Vs Berserker, Sakura meeting Gilgamesh in the street, Shirou finding out Shinji’s a master and fighting assassin. A couple of new scenes & Shirou x Sakura moments didn’t change this feeling like a rehash

Shirou doesn't fight "fake" Assassin in this movie though, and most of the repeated stuff (Shirou is attacked, Shirou summons Saber, Illya fights Shirou/Rin, Sakura meets Gil) was either removed from the movie or heavily truncated. The way Shinji and Shirou meet in this route is completely different from UBW.
May 9, 2018 6:03 PM

Dec 2013
A strong beginning. I’m not sure how I’ll be able to wait for the next one.

A really like how they had Shirou and Sakura stuff at the beginning.

They really upped the gore in this movie with Shirou’s guts spilling out and Assasins corpse. Movie format was definitely the right choice.

I couldn’t help but laugh when Saber sent Rider flying into the wall.

Assassin vs Lancer was more badass than I expected.

RIP Saber. She died really early considering there’s another two movies.

Mapo tofu scene was glorious!

I really want that next movie!
May 9, 2018 6:09 PM
Jul 2018
I liked the movie, though there was some stuff that irked me (I won't go in detail unless someone asks me to).

By far the biggest problem with the movie was that the way they streamlined a lot of the events made Shirou and Sakura's presence weaker.

Since Sakura doesn't really get THAT big of a role in the war until... well, immediately after this movie ends, when she returns to the screen after an extended night scene it made me suffer a bit of whiplash as if the movie slowly changed into something else then suddenly we're back to the initial plot point again. The VN dodged this issue of accidentally making Sakura irrelevant by having SoL "daytime" moments where Sakura was more prevalent and then switching to the "nighttime" with Shirou and Saber's scouts.

Shirou also suffers from the way the movie changed the plot, mainly because he feels like he has way less agency over everything than in the VN, where he seemed a lot more on the top of things. Plus, in order to make the plot work without the daytime/nighttime routine, Shirou was either removed from scenes or he was strung on them by accident. And he did next to nothing on them. idk if the monologue made those scenes more interesting than they actually were in the VN but I felt like Shirou was more competent in the original.

The cinematography and sound design were great. The first arc was by far the best imo.

Overall, 7/10. This movie covered half of the VN (days-wise), the next two movies will probably be much better since they won't have to adapt the whole daytime/nighttime routine bamboozle and they won't have to adapt as much either.
May 9, 2018 6:16 PM

Oct 2014
as dull as ubw, but a little more interesting... thought assassin was going to be a strong villain, but they didn't give him enough dialogue.
May 9, 2018 6:33 PM

Jan 2009
the story progress is so slow but i remember people saying the Heavens Feel route is slow and dragging so much too anyway

at least the sakuga fighting scenes are cool so that is worth watching alone
May 9, 2018 8:02 PM

Jul 2016
Animation of ufo on this film gave me the vibe of KnK movies and the fate zero. I have no complaints, I love the animation. Though at some point of the movie, imo there are kinda rushed pace scenes compared to some scenes which are going on well with the somber atmosphere. Well can't help it, cause its only 2 hrs and they need to condense the vn's half days of shirou, so major scenes were prioritized while less relevant scenes were skipped.

I love those small glances of Sakura, especially when she touched her ribbon, when Shirou asked about who's her hero and when she's describing Rin. Which those glances looks like implying something important, dang I can't wait for the next movies. Also those Rin's reactions when a discussion is related to ... oh well, that well of course also implies something plot relevant.

IMHO watching first this HF first film isn't a good idea, without the knowledge of fate and ubw routes(read the vn and have a background on it), or at least have watch the ubw tv series by ufo. Cause it seems like this movie is made assuming you have watch the ubw tv series or have a background knowledge from the vn.

Mapo Tofu scene, hawt!
cronoSpirAMay 9, 2018 8:21 PM
May 9, 2018 8:42 PM
Jun 2016
9/10 for me.
Love it! The story telling was pretty good, even though you can feel a lot of things were cut out, it wouldn’t surprise me if people who played the VN are not so satisfied.

I didn’t like some of the 3D filters they used though, some were a little too obvious when compared to UBW ones.

When it comes the effect and the camera angles on fights, definitely an improvement for UBW.

Now In therms of choreography, it’s not quite as good as UBW, the only fight I really liked in therms of choreography was the last one with saber vs assasin. The one between lancer and assasin was more a bunch of cool camera angles and effect, but a rather week choreography IMO. Still very good as a whole! :)
May 9, 2018 9:21 PM

Oct 2014
Rohb said:
Shayon said:

With the way Ufo is adapting HF, I think it can be considered a spoiler, so wait for the other two movies.

Hopefully they'll actually bother to explain it, by this time Rider had already told Shirou the reason she saved him, but that conversation got cut.

OG_Gattsu said:
Theorder14 said:

This is adapted from a visual novel, so that kind of stuff is inevitable due to the structure of the story.

Shirou running away from Lancer after being pierced and summoning Saber was just turned into some flashes, and Shirou finds out about Shinji in a completely different scene here.
AdatiusMay 9, 2018 9:34 PM
May 9, 2018 10:41 PM

Sep 2016
Overall the BD vers of Heaven's Feel was soo damn great visuals were phenomenal as expected.A few things that caught me off guard were seeing Alter Saber (looking forward to seeing her and Arturia interact) also Rider was one of the highlights in the movie when she came in to save shirou that was one of my favorite scenes in the whole movie i need me a gif of that highkey, and ooo i see Gil is making his official debut in Lost Butterfly im rdy to see that, my daughter Illya looking forward to seeing her and berserker put in work, Sakura was kawaii when her and rider get their duo together its going to be amazing. Also the OST was great i got Kara no Kyoukai vibes with not only that but also with some of the gore shown as well, Aimer ED glad to finally listen to the movie vers of it Lost Butterfly is up im looking forward to the next chapter in the trilogy.
Facta Non Verba
May 9, 2018 10:49 PM

Jun 2011
OG_Gattsu said:
Theorder14 said:

I wonder if you even watched the movie. They skipped the summoning parts. Archer wasn't there to back up Saber against Berserker so that's a significant change. Not what you could call a rehash. When did Shrou ever fight assassin? The way Shirou met Shinji is completely different too so yet again, not a rehash.Not to mention that Zouken who was never in ubw showed up.
Sakura meeting gil? now ur just nitpicking. We never found out what their connection was in ubw so ofc they're showing it. It's fine if u call it boring but there's plenty of new material and changes and is not a rehash.

May 9, 2018 11:43 PM
Oct 2011
Theorder14 said:
When did Shrou ever fight assassin?

I think he is referring to Rider.
May 9, 2018 11:47 PM

Mar 2013
Theorder14 said:
OG_Gattsu said:

I wonder if you even watched the movie. They skipped the summoning parts. Archer wasn't there to back up Saber against Berserker so that's a significant change. Not what you could call a rehash. When did Shrou ever fight assassin? The way Shirou met Shinji is completely different too so yet again, not a rehash.Not to mention that Zouken who was never in ubw showed up.
Sakura meeting gil? now ur just nitpicking. We never found out what their connection was in ubw so ofc they're showing it. It's fine if u call it boring but there's plenty of new material and changes and is not a rehash.

How they handled the prologue was better than I expected. Wasn't sure exactly how they'd do it, you know? The first part with Shirou meeting Sakura for the first time is something I haven't even seen before, so that was much appreciated. But then the way they fast forwarded through some of the essential prologue parts was nice, clearly expecting you to have at the very least seen the UBW series before. Seeing things from one of Zouken's bugs.
May 10, 2018 1:27 AM

Jul 2014
Servant are being killed like fodders left and right, although HF is meant to be seen last route so it shouldn't bother that much because we already saw everything about them

Freaking Hassan soloing everyone~

I really don't like Sakura but I will have to bare with it for the sake of other characters like Kotomine and Illya

Saber alter is finally here~

7\10 "for now" nothing too amazing happened and there was barely any epic fights
May 10, 2018 3:18 AM
Feb 2015
I didnt get it!
How come i watched all the fate series in the universe and i dont get a lot things?

Spoiler from here .....

People say saber crippled archer because shiro didnt use command spell on him in that movie... How come u know that ? Vn ?
So archer was absent all the movie because he is injured ?

Nearly everbody came back after death ?
Rider come back ? How the fuck
Caster died came back as a corpes with old man. It is okay though.
so saber will come back ? Saber died !!!? wtf

How the hell there can be 2 assasins ? Caster said smthg like the real assasin.. And she set him free by using rulebreaker ? How come then that assasin bound with motou? Where did that second assasin (Hassan i think) come from if caster summoned the other asssasin and why it is bound to caster ?
I dont get the whole assasins plot there...

Not asking about that shadow thing.. Probably it will spoil the other movies but does it have a connection with assasin. He always fights with it or lure people to it...

And what is with that tofu scene i dont get it?
Somebody please enlighthen me..
May 10, 2018 3:57 AM

Jul 2014
hawktr said:
I didnt get it!
How come i watched all the fate series in the universe and i dont get a lot things?

Spoiler from here .....

People say saber crippled archer because shiro didnt use command spell on him in that movie... How come u know that ? Vn ?

How the hell there can be 2 assasins ? Caster said smthg like the real assasin.. And she set him free by using rulebreaker ? How come then that assasin bound with motou? Where did that second assasin (Hassan i think) come from if caster summoned the other asssasin and why it is bound to caster ?

Not asking about that shadow thing.. Probably it will spoil the other movies but does it have a connection with assasin. He always fights with it or lure people to it...

Yeah from the VN, because Shirou didn't stop her in this route she crippled Archer and because of that she lost to Herc this time cuz Archer wasn't there to back her up

Rider didn't die in the first place she just disappeared to treat her wounds similar to Archer

It's hard to explain without spoiling but no Saber didn't die

I forgot the plot with True assasin tbh so someone else can explain

Kotomine just love eating tofu nothing special about it
May 10, 2018 4:24 AM

Feb 2017
hawktr said:
I didnt get it!

Spoiler from here .....

I will try to explain for assassin. I may be wrong tho.
First Assassin, Sasaki Kojirou, never existed in history and shouldn't have been summoned but Caster is a unique mage so she was able to summon a servant. But because she is a servant she was only able to summon a fake assassin but fake assassin is enough for Grail War to start. Because there is a fake assassin, true assassin can still be summoned. And then fake assassin's body is used as a catalyst for summoning the true assassin. And as for why she used the rule breaker, I guess because true assassin was summoned from Sasaki's body he is was bound to Caster. After that true assassin made contract with Zouken. I think this is the most I can tell without spoiling.
TsarkoMay 10, 2018 4:28 AM
Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is it even rape?

SwagsOnB - Sep 1, 2023

32 by ZachyMoof »»
Nov 14, 2023 6:44 AM

» Just casual discussion

Animo_san - Oct 4, 2023

10 by Rezete_01 »»
Oct 7, 2023 6:52 AM

» Can I start with this

Homura24 - Jun 25, 2022

46 by Epiccgaymer »»
Jun 28, 2022 2:39 AM

» Is it ok to watch Fate/Zero and then this trilogy? ( 1 2 )

nbnt - May 22, 2022

86 by pepre »»
May 24, 2022 4:05 PM

» So confused

_txhsin__ - Apr 10, 2022

19 by Stacias »»
May 11, 2022 4:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.