Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 24, 2018 2:04 PM

Feb 2011
Honestly the animation is terrible. I hope they're saving budget for the fights to come because so far it has Root A levels of mediocrity.

Nhel said:
Animation quality is so bad unlike the first season, what the fek happened.

Quick cash grab attempt. Popular series, they spend a minimal amount of money on animation and probably make tenfold back.
Apr 24, 2018 2:05 PM

Nov 2017
I am really confused :S Is it cuz I don't read the manga?

Loved the original series, hated root but watched it recently so I feel I SHOULD understand what's going on but I don't? :(

Who is the dark haired fella yelling for Touru? Should I know? I thought Aogiri tree was bad in root?

Who is rabbit, are we supposed to know them? Like I was more or less with it till this ep, can anyone spoiler free help me out here?

Apr 24, 2018 2:13 PM
Jan 2017
Irish_Chick said:

Loved the original series, hated root but watched it recently so I feel I SHOULD understand what's going on but I don't? :(

Who is the dark haired fella yelling for Touru? Should I know? I thought Aogiri tree was bad in root?

Who is rabbit, are we supposed to know them? Like I was more or less with it till this ep, can anyone spoiler free help me out here?

well you have to read the manga to understand all the plot points , i didnt like reading any manga but hell , when i read tokyo ghoul manga it blowed my mind it is really good and will fill all the plot points that were miss in the anime and btw season 2 was not in the manga (not canon) so they retconed it , so my advice to you is read the manga from the beginning trust me it is not boring , it is way better than the anime.
Apr 24, 2018 2:13 PM
Sep 2017
Irish_Chick said:

if you start with season 3 eposide 4 ofc you won't know who the guy yelling for 'touru' is, you should try watching the episodes that came before first
also maybe watch the other seasons aswell again if you don't know who rabbit is
and 3 there's always google for stupid questions no need to shame yourself in public like that
Apr 24, 2018 2:16 PM

Aug 2016
Irish_Chick said:

Both these guys were actually seen in this this show already, the guy yelling for Toru is Torso, the Ghoul taxidriver shown in episode 1, and rabbit is Ayato (Touka's brother).
Torso joined Aogiri and Ayato is pretty much in charge of him for now (that happened in one of the last episodes I think).
GreeenSpongeApr 24, 2018 2:21 PM
Apr 24, 2018 2:31 PM

Aug 2015
I feel sorry for those who only saw season 1 and Root A...there is no point for them to watch this because for most of the time they will be lost.
Apr 24, 2018 2:33 PM

Nov 2017
Galarrdo said:
Irish_Chick said:

if you start with season 3 eposide 4 ofc you won't know who the guy yelling for 'touru' is, you should try watching the episodes that came before first
and 3 there's always google for stupid questions no need to shame yourself in public like that

Do you have problems with reading?

I quite clearly iterated that I had seen the previous series - and you think I'm shaming myself? Wow kiddo...
Apr 24, 2018 2:36 PM

Nov 2017
Maverik said:
I feel sorry for those who only saw season 1 and Root A...there is no point for them to watch this because for most of the time they will be lost.

Thank you! This is the kind of response I was looking for, I am kinda lost because I havent read the manga - been obviously watched the previous two series.

I had wikied some of Ghoul:re but didnt want to spoil too much for myself.

Like I felt I had enough of an idea of what was going on but this threw me - do I have to read all of the manga to get a clue or?

EDIT: Thanks Greensponge - I'll give it another look although if I cant remember then the series isn't doing something right...

Will rewatching series 1 (i refuse to rewatch root) help at all or do I really seriously have to read the manga? I ask cuz I'm in my final year of phd and I have a lot to read as is without adding entire series of manga!
Irish_ChickApr 24, 2018 2:44 PM
Apr 24, 2018 2:51 PM

Jan 2017
Daniel_Naumov said:
tambi33 said:

😂😂😂😭 XDXDXD
No amount of emojis can explain how much I'm laughing right now LMAO
Something about the way you said Mutsuki is a male, I could imagine @shingster passionately explaining how they felt about the episode
But you with a straight face saying but Tooru's a guy

I mean, better let others know he is actually a timid guy, than to have them think "Wow Tooru looks noice in the dress". Which I, regrettably, did.

Honestly, I felt he'd make a good trap
Apr 24, 2018 3:02 PM

Jul 2015
Shingster said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

Mutsuki is a male.

Ah my mistake.
I thought he was a girl from his mannerisms
yes she is a girl I think she's transgender
Apr 24, 2018 3:27 PM

Mar 2016
Something about this episode just felt off, there was a lot of action scenes but these scenes were poorly connected to each other which completely killed off the flow of the episode, the choreography of the action sequences was disappointing to say the least and animation felt stationary. Saving grace of this ep. was as expected everything connected with audio, there also was a little bit of plot development but that all you can really say about it.

Apr 24, 2018 3:53 PM

Sep 2016
Yeah should have expected this, i heard its actually Pierrot+ thats handling the animation with a couple animators from the main studio helping out a bit.

Its crunch time, we'll be going to the middle part of the show, sometimes the animation takes a dip and comes back up near the end of show (well if they handled they production well and have everything under control they can avoid this).
The Anime Binge Is Life

-PolarCyrus97 2k17-
Apr 24, 2018 4:32 PM

Oct 2017
Pretty good episode, despite the somewhat poor animation.

Looking forward to seeing takizawa tear some shit up!
Apr 24, 2018 4:53 PM
Apr 2018
This one makes me feel like I'm watching the news. Interesting events but I couldn't care less.

Wish they'd focus more on progressing the story rather than the "you've changed so much since last season" cliché they've been using since episode 1
Apr 24, 2018 5:18 PM

Feb 2017
srafayms said:
Everything is going right and is well paced, considering we have only 12 episodes

What!? well paced you say? LOL.
This is fast paced AF & they axed a lot of content/character developemnt just to get to the action.. which is no that good at all.
Apr 24, 2018 5:21 PM
Jan 2017
Irish_Chick said:
Maverik said:

Thank you! This is the kind of response I was looking for, I am kinda lost because I havent read the manga - been obviously watched the previous two series.

I had wikied some of Ghoul:re but didnt want to spoil too much for myself.

Like I felt I had enough of an idea of what was going on but this threw me - do I have to read all of the manga to get a clue or?

EDIT: Thanks Greensponge - I'll give it another look although if I cant remember then the series isn't doing something right...

Will rewatching series 1 (i refuse to rewatch root) help at all or do I really seriously have to read the manga? I ask cuz I'm in my final year of phd and I have a lot to read as is without adding entire series of manga!

you have to read the manga from the beginning , in the anime they missed alot of plot points even in season 1 so my advice to you is read the manga from the beginning , trust me you will find at way more better than the anime and all of your questions will be answered
Apr 24, 2018 5:32 PM

Jul 2013
Jesus christ what the fuck is happening.

Ah yes, not interested in reading source material.
Apr 24, 2018 5:49 PM

Dec 2012
That's Takizawa for you!

He's inferior complex, after turning into ghoul, he is rotten xD
Apr 24, 2018 6:17 PM

Jan 2008
Battle animation was really meh. Hope they pick it up for the more important battles at the very least.

Was never a fan of this part. While it was action packed in the manga, there was just too much exposition for one time characters you couldn't care less about.
Apr 24, 2018 6:33 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Pretty ok episode. We get the auction, Torso going crazy over Mutsuki and everyone else fighting one another. Takizawa is back as well and I'm somewhat glad to see Naki again. Sadly more scenes are skipped again and the animation looked crappier this time around than in previous episodes.

Apr 24, 2018 6:34 PM

Aug 2017
He is adapting the manga faithfully, but unfortunately the animation quality of the fights is low.

I hope to see more of Hinami and Ayato.
Apr 24, 2018 7:11 PM

Feb 2017
WinterFB said:
I hope to see more of Hinami and Ayato

They already axed a a few hinami & ayato pages.
Apr 24, 2018 7:21 PM

Aug 2017
tottobennington said:
WinterFB said:
I hope to see more of Hinami and Ayato

They already axed a a few hinami & ayato pages.

This is sad. I read the manga a long time ago and did not remember those pages, a pity they did not adapt.
Apr 24, 2018 7:26 PM

Aug 2014
Pierrot making tg;re a seinen to shounen.

From Great to garbage.
Apr 24, 2018 7:28 PM
Apr 2018
It was a nice episode bt I want reunions
I mean uh hve such amazing characters of previous seasons
Pls go for the reunions
ND this episode's action was little off Tokyo ghoul
I mean action sequence of previous seasons were off the chart
This one was boring
I m expecting more of kaneki ND his past
Apr 24, 2018 7:31 PM

Aug 2014
Hatsuyuki said:
Honestly the animation is terrible. I hope they're saving budget for the fights to come because so far it has Root A levels of mediocrity.

Nhel said:

Quick cash grab attempt. Popular series, they spend a minimal amount of money on animation and probably make tenfold back.

What kind of fights ahead? or perhaps something from the Towe OP Scene ahead (you know spoilers)?

Oh man Pierrot should never adapt anymore seinen.

The animation really terrible it almost like they never bother to try to make it better.
Apr 24, 2018 8:13 PM

Oct 2017
Xaelath said:

From Great to garbage.

:Re in general feels more Shounen than the first part, even in the manga
Apr 24, 2018 8:57 PM

Oct 2009
That was quite boring, the animation and art quality doesn't help. It just looks so plain..
Apr 24, 2018 8:58 PM

Aug 2014
Aardwolf94 said:
Xaelath said:

From Great to garbage.

:Re in general feels more Shounen than the first part, even in the manga
and the anime adaptation making it perfectly what shounen should be described as.
Apr 24, 2018 9:21 PM

Aug 2015
Worst episode so far, but juuzou scene was good.
Apr 24, 2018 9:24 PM

May 2008
What a mess. How did it even get to that point anyway? Tokyo Ghoul will never get a good anime adaptation. Ever.

Apr 24, 2018 9:33 PM
Dec 2017
Nice episode. I like the soundtrack so far as well. Oh, and one more thing...

Pineapple boy is back!
Apr 24, 2018 9:40 PM

Jan 2011
Hatsuyuki said:

Nhel said:

This is pretty much spot on. But I'm off this train. S1 was ok. S2 was trash. S3 has nothing redeeming going on to bring me back in. Personally, I'm done. Dropped, no rate.
Apr 24, 2018 10:04 PM
Apr 2018
i was hoping to see more haise in the action and for the fight scenes to be a little longer honestly.
Apr 24, 2018 10:05 PM

Mar 2013
I'm feeling a little underwhelmed after this episode. I mean, I knew what was coming and all, but the execution just leaves something to be desired, I guess? Also, what was up with the music? It was either nonexistent or way too quiet when it needed to be something that would help get you in the mood!
Apr 24, 2018 10:31 PM
Apr 2018
Well balaced episode till now.. Return of some action and a opening for some old and new revelationss..
Apr 24, 2018 11:01 PM

Dec 2014
Pretty good episode, it was action packed and pretty cool to watch.

Eto. <3
Glad to see her even if only for a short while.

Apr 24, 2018 11:20 PM

Jul 2015
Art and the animation are just so lame, so as the direction. you guys just praise because its the famous "Tokyo ghoul" and you're probably a manga reader and have good memories from that, otherwise its just an average show that should be rated 6 or at most 7.
John_MaxApr 24, 2018 11:24 PM
Apr 24, 2018 11:39 PM

Dec 2013
Im done waiting for the episodes just to have rushed mess im gonna go read the manga.

Syrup-
Trust me when I give you this profound answer:
It's shit.

Apr 24, 2018 11:39 PM

Jan 2015
Seriously wtf is with the sfx, the neck popping sound was so out of place and inconsistent with the tone. The animation is sub par at best rn, idk why Pierrot still gets shows anymore.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Apr 24, 2018 11:40 PM
Jul 2015
Let me get this straight. Nutcracker picks up random people, kidnaps them, then ghouls buy those people for large sums? If youre eating people why not just, yknow kill them? Or get a guy to procure them? Why was hinami, uta and people from anteku helping with this? Wasn't the point of their faction to co-exist? It just feels out of character. I guess time has passed and things have changed. But without any explanation it's just random.
A certain someone has become midnight and apparently akira is doing that stupid fucking eye thing her dad did. I was really hyped for this arc. Now I'm just disappointed (unless they give a reason for it later).

Edit* why the hell were the kagune so dull looking this episode?
Apr 25, 2018 12:16 AM
Feb 2018
This was one of the most balanced episode in the franchise that tacky french Tsukiyama's servant , Torso being completely obsessed with Tooru and they stayed original as the again showed that Arima was someone special and the best while comparing Haise to him . The best thing about this episode was Takizawa's character development we knew he used to be an investigator who was under the shadows of Akira as an academy student too but now him being The New Owl and being a complete saddist calling a torn off head as a Pineapple showed how much he had changed and how OP of a character he has become killing his former comrades easily this showed how much he hated CCG now this episode was far better than the last one and the most action packed episode as of now..
Apr 25, 2018 12:17 AM
Jun 2016
Why they remove all the gory stuff from the manga?Very dull fight scenes.The anime just fails to re-create what the manga has done for me.It pains me to see what the anime is doing to the manga.I have put it on hiatus while I am on a re-read of Tokyo Ghoul.Will decide whether to continue the anime or not after the last episode.And by the way Studio Clown is yet to animate a SINGLE episode itself.
Apr 25, 2018 12:31 AM

Apr 2016
Oh yeah, this is definitely an episode I need to watch 2 or 3 times to fully get everything since im a little slow lol

2 things that caught my attention: I read the TG manga, but not the Re manga, so I was confused why Juuzou had a leg. Now I know. He has a freaking leg filled with KNIVES. That is bad ass. The other is Hinami being a part of the Aogiri Tree. Yes, it was mentioned in episode 1, but I thought she was just affiliated. Nope. She's a full on member. Kind of crazy. She should be like 16 or 17 now, right? Seems like she's grown up a lot now.

Alright, so we start off with the Clown Gang doing the auction, and Uta is freaking menacing. I'm still shocked that he's the leader of the popular Clown Gang. I really hope they explain that shit soon. And here I thought all he did was fight Yomo in district 4 or whatever as a kid. Smh. Took me for a complete fool.

We got introduced to a few new enemies/investigators along with some old enemies/investigators. I can't be bothered remembering these guy's names though because it seems like they just die right away anyways.

The guy at the end is scary. He looks a little like Mado, but that doesn't make sense. I won't make sense of it. I'll just assume he's a completely new character until they say otherwise.

I like how everything is going guns blazing so far with some fights and deaths already. Akira is gonna TRY to whoop some ass. Juuzou vs Black Rabbit should be epic. It wasn't the best episode, but it kept me entertained. Good enough
[
Apr 25, 2018 12:37 AM
Sep 2017
Irish_Chick said:
Galarrdo said:

Do you have problems with reading?

I quite clearly iterated that I had seen the previous series - and you think I'm shaming myself? Wow kiddo...

And if you watched them then go a watch again idiot. Just because you can't grasp sarcasm doesn't mean i have problems reading. All the characters you mentioned were already shown in the show one of them being quite the focus in the first episodes and the other being very important in root a.
Apr 25, 2018 12:44 AM

Oct 2008
Damn! so confused will all the chaos going-on!!!
5/5.

Apr 25, 2018 12:45 AM

Apr 2009
Here we go.. here come the manga-tards.. watch them gather like the roaches they are
Apr 25, 2018 1:33 AM
Sep 2015
Everything is happening so fast, I can't keep up. May be i have to read the Manga
Apr 25, 2018 2:10 AM

Jun 2017
I still feel like I'm somewhat lost but at least this episode has been for the most part better than the previous ones.
Signature.
Apr 25, 2018 2:22 AM

Apr 2009
The fight scenes are unbearable to watch. I just wanna skip those scenes altogether to get to the rest of it. Damn this fell off in that department.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

95 by F0xFae »»
Mar 30, 1:45 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2018

194 by F0xFae »»
Mar 29, 7:55 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2018

416 by F0xFae »»
Mar 29, 6:00 PM

» Tokyo Ghoul: re 1st season is underrated

Ryuu_Mayo - Feb 3

12 by KayKimii »»
Feb 3, 1:38 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Episode 9 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

23 by Loockl »»
Dec 3, 2023 9:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.