Forums

Light Novel 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Gets TV Anime

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 2, 2017 11:04 AM

May 2015
DarklordVor said:
DarkingDawning said:

What the fuck kind of abomination is that key visual? Is that like 80's anime look combined with modern look? The LN and manga visual definitely nails his "badassery + edgy" look, but the anime visual is definitely a joke. It'd be a turn off for so many people.

That being said, I don't expect much from this anime. Though last edgy isekai anime that I watch is Re:Zero, so I'm kinda excited on how far the edgy will go on this anime. And they're both adapted by White Fox.

Hajime looked so bad. I don't see how anyone could've a projection of self-insert in that kind of anime visual, which is exactly what the web novel is to many people. This is why it's currently sitting on 2nd rank and usually in the top 5, because it's an edgy self-insert story. When you have a main character looked like that as a key visual, it wouldn't work and this anime is doom to fail horribly.

source: http://syosetu.com/

I just want Yue to look great T_T but this anime is dead on arrival. Nobody gonna like its visual at all and the story wouldn't help this anime, unlike Konosuba.

Oh wow. I can't believe that. I just clicked that link and saw that Re:Zero is ranked 6th.... if this anime actually pull off great like Re:Zero, I can see this anime being so popular like it. If the LN/WN is that popular, I can see why the publisher wants White Fox to adapt this anime. But they'd be screwed so much if they go with that shitty anime character design.
Dec 2, 2017 11:10 AM

Mar 2016
maton456full said:
youseiki said:

Sex doesn't mean it's better, Chinese Novels does it a lot of times, and even rapes the girls they want, but a lot of people are even against that kind of writing and they've bashed Chinese Novels as Rapist Novels full of Hypocrisy and Racism, I'm one of those people who detest Chinese Novels.

An example of good written story with Sex would be Road to Kingdom, if it's Isekai, then it's How to Kill Reincarnators from Earth (though it's discontinued)

Either way I doubt that I will see them in Anime when they don't have manga adaptation.

Well i dont read chinese novels ( i heard good thinks of chinese novels ). But the most of isekai they do his MC too gays

You've seen my comment on how bad Chinese novels are, and I swear, I would rather have Japanese Novels getting adapted than those trash novels getting an Anime Adaptation which should be only left for their own country, they are the worst type of stories I've encountered in my life and I will never ever bring myself to read them, they are full of corrupted wish fulfillment fantasy, they are brainwashed who with limited perception of people around the world, hell they even write some stories about Americans sucks, Japanese women being raped, slaughtering Vietnamese and trash talking South Koreans. These corrupted writing has corrupted a lot of readers, I can even see it on Novel Updates on how unhealthy the community was, it is evident that Chinese Novels are dangerous as a form of entertainment.

Japanese trash taste have become gold after encountering these Chinese trash novels, and now they are promoting the hell out of them through their greedy app and they are even trying to make them into anime, looking for quality Chinese Novels are harder than Japanese Novels.
Dec 2, 2017 11:14 AM

Mar 2015
DarkingDawning said:
Oh wow. I can't believe that. I just clicked that link and saw that Re:Zero is ranked 6th.... if this anime actually pull off great like Re:Zero, I can see this anime being so popular like it. If the LN/WN is that popular, I can see why the publisher wants White Fox to adapt this anime. But they'd be screwed so much if they go with that shitty anime character design.

Well it doesn't have the story like Re:Zero, so not sure how exactly it would fare with the "general audiences", but it would resonate well with otakus/chuunis/weebs, which is its main target audiences. It's a harem/action/isekai that you've seen every season, but it's quite popular because it's just edgier than others. The dark theme seems to captivate so many people, which is why Re:Zero and Arifureta is among the top 10.

Another top 10 WN in that site, Death March (ranked 7), is released next season. So being in top 10 doesn't always mean that you'd be popular in anime community, since that anime has a lot of visual issues from the trailer and doesn't seem to catch people's attention. Though I still recommend it because it's a fluffy, slice of life, warm isekai series. So I don't know if this anime will be popular next season or fall flat, because Arifureta would also be dead on arrival with this kind of visual.

Dec 2, 2017 11:31 AM
Aug 2015
I actually did like this manga but it doesn’t have many chapters though
Dec 2, 2017 12:13 PM

Sep 2016
>Seventeen-year-old Hajime Nagumo is your average, everyday otaku

SKKKKKIP!
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Dec 2, 2017 12:33 PM
Jul 2018
Well with the so called "big announcement" I expected the anime adaption to be announced, and it did.

Heard nothing but negative things about the Novel to be honest, however the staff and the people behind it gives me some okay thought that it'll probably be the type to be fun... unless I'm wrong with it at least.
Dec 2, 2017 1:01 PM

Jul 2015
TOP 2, 6, 7 of syosetu.com got an Anime. I guess it's just a matter of time for the others to get too...

Dec 2, 2017 1:52 PM

Apr 2014
Still waiting for Mushoku Tensei's anime announcement.

Dec 2, 2017 2:17 PM

Jun 2014
Isekai LN shit...
:3
Dec 2, 2017 2:38 PM

Aug 2013
Another isekai about an otaku, but maybe the shonen-like weak to strong development will keep it exciting, at least. Could be worse.
Dec 2, 2017 2:46 PM

Jan 2016
I read some chapters of manga. Well, the MC was OP.

Z4k said:

This.
Dec 2, 2017 2:52 PM
Jan 2014
Looks and sounds fantastic. Love seeing shonenfriends get so up in arms about it.
Dec 2, 2017 2:55 PM
Jan 2014
Also it's hilarious how many people are complaining about it, but I guarantee 90% of them will still watch it.
Dec 2, 2017 3:03 PM

Jan 2015
Finalyy its happening, i was waiting for this. I hope they dont fail this one.
Dec 2, 2017 3:12 PM

Sep 2014
Z4k said:

Hopefully one day.... im just afraid it will get butchered.
Dec 2, 2017 3:15 PM

Sep 2014
I will watch since the anime will probably only cover volume 1, you know, the only good part of this light novel. After that it is literally unreadable.
Dec 2, 2017 3:26 PM

Mar 2016
So after reading the synopsis I got one idea, but checking out the character's picture on MAL, the visual on the site and the trailer video looks like his actual ability gets underestimated instead and with what people have been commenting seems like an OP power, so hopefully it'll be interesting to watch.
Dec 2, 2017 3:52 PM

Nov 2008
SPEERS said:
Oh god not this shit. The author even admitted that he sucks at writing and it's borderline fanfiction, and didn't even try to improve it as it got turned into a LN.

I doubt this revelation will keep the hyped away from this atrocity.

Dec 2, 2017 4:11 PM

Jul 2015
Bruh...wtf now we gotta wait even longer for Steins;Gate 0
Sup...
Dec 2, 2017 5:03 PM

Feb 2016
The premise is exactly the same as Shield Hero, I wouldn't be surprised if they both come out during the same season.

I guess I'll give this a shot since White Fox usually makes good stuff but I don't expect it to be amazing.
Dec 2, 2017 6:23 PM

May 2010
I read the Manga but I'm not hyped about this though. Novels and Manga's are always better, Anime's tend to destroy the quality of the work
Dec 2, 2017 6:37 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Seventeen-year-old Hajime Nagumo is your average, everyday otaku.

[closes tab]
Dec 2, 2017 6:53 PM

Feb 2016
Why am i not even surprise that this got turn into an anime.
Well better start praying for Kono Sekai no Game to get an adaption eventually.
Because we're stupid that we love to have fun
Dec 2, 2017 6:55 PM

Mar 2015
i wonder if you guys ever read RE:Monster or Nidome no yuusha or maou no hajimekata? this is like really mild edginess...
KumaDec 2, 2017 7:01 PM
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Dec 2, 2017 7:18 PM
Jul 2015
HaXXspetten said:
So uhh ..isekai except the whole cast is transported over instead of just the MC?

Yeah, but eventually only the MC alone will become too OP in comparison, and he occupies 90 percent of the screentime.

So, this is not a Double Male Lead Harem show which I'm looking for where there are two OP males in the Main Cast which each gets their own respective harem of loyal female comrades.
I am someone that would like to watch a Harem Anime with 2 male leads that each gets their own harem company of girls from the main cast. For example, 1st male lead gets a company of 4 girls and 2nd male lead gets 2-3 girls etc.
Dec 2, 2017 7:35 PM
Aug 2016
Been waiting for this for a while. Not a useless MC and builds up quick and WB finished its main story without dragging it too long. Not a virgin harem MC either.

Dec 2, 2017 7:52 PM
Sufferu

Sep 2013
Kittens-kun said:
These announcement threads are always the same:

People shit on it based on a one paragraph synopsis and a picture.

but alot of these comments r from people who have read the light novel. sorta. but u right LOL <3
Dec 2, 2017 8:58 PM

Aug 2013
Either the author got bullied a lot during his school days or he was seriously smothered by japan's rigid society, cause that's the kind of message his characters seem to convey in this series.

Honestly though, the premise of underdog, ridiculed mc who triumphs through his adversary always fascinates me, but this novel just cranked it up to a hundred, with the kind of edginess that can only be found in highschooler's doddling.
Dec 2, 2017 10:21 PM
Mar 2011
Interesting. I half-expected this one to get an adaptation to anime but at the same time I am worried. That the anime will suck since most of the time they tend to remove important stuff from the source be it manga or novel or try to make the anime kids friendly, we don't need that kind of crap. This story is addressed to teens above 13 years old so I'd be happy if it remained as such.
Dec 2, 2017 10:53 PM

Apr 2011
Of course, it's isekai. Why wouldn't it be isekai? Is Japan ever going to run out of isekai? Of course, it's fucking not going to run out of fucking isekai. When is this trend going to end? Can we at least try to be a little original? Find out in the next episode of Shitty Animu Trends that Never End.

NeoAnkara said:
Swagernator said:

Oh so its that kind of MC, damn.

Also with more edge you say ? can't imagine that.

Imagine how much easier it would have been to simply say that in the synopsis. Like fucking hell, you should apply for the marketing director's job for anime.
Dec 3, 2017 2:14 AM

Sep 2016
yhunata said:
Of course, it's isekai. Why wouldn't it be isekai? Is Japan ever going to run out of isekai? Of course, it's fucking not going to run out of fucking isekai. When is this trend going to end? Can we at least try to be a little original? Find out in the next episode of Shitty Animu Trends that Never End.

NeoAnkara said:

Imagine how much easier it would have been to simply say that in the synopsis. Like fucking hell, you should apply for the marketing director's job for anime.
then Nintendo will sue them for copying Kirby!
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Dec 3, 2017 2:33 AM

Apr 2011
GangsterCat said:
yhunata said:

then Nintendo will sue them for copying Kirby!

Shit, I completely forgot about Kirby.
Dec 3, 2017 4:57 AM
Aug 2017
Im waiting for this to get animated,
Finaly ill be able to see this animated.
Dec 3, 2017 9:12 AM

Apr 2016
I've been enjoying the novel so far so I'm glad that an anime is coming out!
I'm just hoping that it can live up to the novel hype.
Dec 3, 2017 7:09 PM

Jan 2016
Kittens-kun said:
These announcement threads are always the same:

People shit on it based on a one paragraph synopsis and a picture.

I'm guessing that you haven't read it? it's is pure $hit. The ultimate self insert novel, or author wish fulfillment novel.
Dec 3, 2017 10:43 PM

Jun 2013
The girl in traditional clothes is very cute, so I'm looking forward to it. It's also made by White Fox.
Dec 4, 2017 3:10 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Ima watch it whenever it comes out, looks good man

Dec 4, 2017 11:31 PM
Sep 2009
I bet it will end up with him etablishing a harem with his skill or something like that?
bjjjgDec 4, 2017 11:35 PM
Dec 4, 2017 11:33 PM
Sep 2009
bjjjg said:
I bet it will end up with him etablishing a harem with his skill or something like that?

i read the Reviews of the light novel now and it is exactly what i thought...
Dec 5, 2017 2:55 AM
Jul 2015
This is just another crappy harem show.

Here are Japanese comments on this series >> https://www.matolabel.net/archives/54264268.html

2. 名無しのレーベルさん 2016年02月07日 21:32:54 ID:UxODI1NDY▼このコメントに返信
このクソつまらん作品がアニメ化されて、そんでコケれば、ようやくなろうブームが終わりそうだから、期待している

4. 名無しのレーベルさん 2016年02月07日 21:38:09 ID:UxODI1NDY▼このコメントに返信
いじめられっ子がチートもらって人生逆転、という設定の時点で気持ち悪いんだけど
野尻が言ってたように、マジでダメ人間な読者をいたわった設定なんだな

18. 名無しのレーベルさん 2016年02月07日 22:27:34 ID:M5OTg4MTI▼このコメントに返信
いじめられっ子主人公って時点で食指が動かない

27. 名無しのレーベルさん 2016年02月07日 22:35:58 ID:c4NDI1NDk▼このコメントに返信
序盤はおもしろい…?1巻読んだが、
・ことあるごとに主人公の不幸さをアピール
・練成師で能力低いなら知識や戦術磨くのは普通だろうに、なぜか周りはそれを批判して不幸さをアピール
・罠利用とか銃使うとか読者の世界では普通なことを、異世界側のレベルを下げることでさも主人公が凄いかのように語る
・強いクラスメイトたちはパニックなのに主人公だけ冷静
・運でチートを手に入れて助かる
・その後の強くなる過程や攻略もチートだより(練成師で最強になるんじゃないの??)

と、作者の悲劇の主人公SUGEEETUEEEにイライラ&くそつまらなかったわ。文章も「ちなみに」とかの付け加えが多い上に、それで主人公の不幸さや凄さを付け加えるからくそうざいし

29. 名無しのレーベルさん 2016年02月07日 22:38:36 ID:UxODI1NDY▼このコメントに返信
今、読んでみたけど、普通につまんねえな。延々と設定説明だけされてる感じ
なにより主人公が受け付けない
このすばもそうだけど、いじめられっ子やコミュ症ニートが、異世界行った途端、驚くほど冷静で急に強気になるのはなろうのテンプレなのか?

30. 名無しのラノベ読者さん 2016年02月07日 22:39:46 ID:QxMTM3ODQ▼このコメントに返信
>>29
作者、読者の欲望

There's also another Japanese criticizing this Harem crap >> https://www.matolabel.net/wp/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/63TL9Dp.jpg

___________________________________________________________________________________

I know some Japanese and can help translate all those comments, but currently I'm busy, so I'll leave it to anyone here who knows Japanese to translate them if you'd like to do so.

I will definitely not be watching it, as it portrays the MC as being the only one being bullied and ostracized by almost all of his classmates.

For someone like me that prefers to see portrayal and depictions of Nakama Comradeship and MC fighting hand-in-hand with reliable buddies instead of going-it-alone as a cheat OP Mary Sue character, the MC in this series reeks of wish-fulfillment for loser Otakus that are ostracized by society.

I have a male best friend in my past and some casual male friends now, so I view the depiction of this MC having no good male friends in this series as well as him alone creating a harem of cute girls for himself at the expense of other male characters' as deeply disturbing and disgusting.
I am someone that would like to watch a Harem Anime with 2 male leads that each gets their own harem company of girls from the main cast. For example, 1st male lead gets a company of 4 girls and 2nd male lead gets 2-3 girls etc.
Dec 7, 2017 4:19 AM

Oct 2015
KamenRiderMagna said:
Another season with a isekai... *sigh*
When will it stop?

But seriously though, it doesn't look all that interesting and the studio that did Re:Zero.. Whatever, I'll give it a shot.

We have none in this season
Dec 8, 2017 4:15 PM
Apr 2016
The novel is damn well received so i hope they do it justice!
Dec 8, 2017 4:28 PM
Apr 2016
CoolitzHubertXVI said:
HaXXspetten said:
So uhh ..isekai except the whole cast is transported over instead of just the MC?

Yeah, but eventually only the MC alone will become too OP in comparison, and he occupies 90 percent of the screentime.

So, this is not a Double Male Lead Harem show which I'm looking for where there are two OP males in the Main Cast which each gets their own respective harem of loyal female comrades.

If you're cool with reading novels then you should read Sono Yaku, Nochi Ni...
OP MC get's his harem while during his adventures he befriends a guy who has around 196 wives living in multiple kingdoms.
Dec 11, 2017 1:10 AM
Oct 2015
Touko said:
The girl in traditional clothes is very cute, so I'm looking forward to it. It's also made by White Fox.

Tio Clarce she is probably the most mature of the bunch in more ways then one Wink Wink. I like her vary much because of the that. The only thing people dont like about her is probably because she is a pervert but to me thats just hilarious and I cant dislike her for it.
Dec 25, 2017 6:23 AM
Jun 2014
why doesn't this have a harem tag ?? since it is
Jan 14, 2018 9:39 PM
Mar 2015
Jan 15, 2018 1:43 AM

Apr 2009
Looking forward to rating it 2/10 like the trash that it undoubtably is. The creative/production issues should ensure this becomes a complete dumpster fire, nice.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Jan 15, 2018 6:50 PM

Oct 2017
【お詫び】「ありふれた職業で世界最強」TVアニメ放送延期についてのお知らせ
いつも「ありふれた職業で世界最強」を応援していただき誠にありがとうございます。

2018年4月に放送を予定しておりましたTVアニメ「ありふれた職業で世界最強」につきまして、
諸般の事情により放送を延期することになりました。
楽しみにして頂いているファンの皆様にはお待たせしてしまい、申し訳ございません。

新たな放送時期に関しては、2019年を予定しております。
詳細については都度情報公開を致します。

ファンの皆様により素晴らしい作品をお届けできるよう、
鋭意制作してまいりますので、何卒ご理解のほど宜しくお願い致します。

株式会社オーバーラップ
ありふれた製作委員会
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rip guys it seems need to wait til 2019

“It's okay to live, even if there's no greater point to living. -” Konno Yuuki

“God would never put us through all this suffering if he didn't think we could bear it.” -Konno Yuuki

“Life is not a game of luck. If you wanna win, work hard.” – Sora

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 5 hours ago

9 by Maumuu »»
5 seconds ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - 2 hours ago

5 by Maumuu »»
3 minutes ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by Kushna »»
5 hours ago

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
7 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

31 by animegamer245 »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.