>Uno Makoto
That some smooth design we got there
Oct 21, 2017 4:23 AM

Sep 2016
Wasn't expecting the new art style.
Oct 21, 2017 4:44 AM

Apr 2014
>Character Design: Makoto Uno

Wait isn't that the same guy who likes to draw girls with dicks?
Oct 21, 2017 5:28 AM

Jan 2008
Z4k said:

Yup. that is the same artist. I checked it earlier. rip :/
Oct 21, 2017 5:29 AM

Apr 2017
Great New Designs

How nice.. -_-

I prefer the old one

>Passione

Nope...

Might as well check it out

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Oct 21, 2017 5:33 AM
Apr 2015
Finally !!! This is what ive been waiting for , i absolutely loved all 3 seasons of highschool dxd. I can never get tired of this. Lets Go !!! Cant wait. Its gonna be soo goood
Oct 21, 2017 5:38 AM
Jul 2017
GREW said:
Z4k said:

Really ??
Same artist are you serious ??
I will check too.
Oct 21, 2017 5:40 AM

Oct 2014
Looks like a certain Italian crime syndicate will be in charge of animating this bitch. I hope mah boi GioGio knows what he's doing.
RainyRai said:

>not appreciating how much of a cunt Asuka is
How disgusting tbh
Oct 21, 2017 5:51 AM

Jan 2008
Mehwish_Zain said:
GREW said:

Really ??
Same artist are you serious ??
I will check too.

His tag is on danbooru: uno_makoto.
Oct 21, 2017 5:56 AM
Feb 2016
i'm so glad to see a new season of high school dxd :D
Oct 21, 2017 6:11 AM
Sep 2017
I'm relieved to hear it...
Oct 21, 2017 6:18 AM
Jul 2015
Hahahaha... this is what I'm waiting for. Although different graphs. But, so be it

Oct 21, 2017 6:27 AM

Jul 2013
Toa_of_Gallifrey said:
Looks like a certain Italian crime syndicate will be in charge of animating this bitch. I hope mah boi GioGio knows what he's doing.
Is that a motherfucking JoJo reference?!
Oct 21, 2017 6:41 AM

Nov 2008
EcchiKingMamster said:
once again, primarily targeting ecchi/fanservice, comment floating around

so you clicked this video just to let people know how much you dont like this stuff? why cant you just go away and not watch it? looks might suspicious

Have you ever looked at my list? I've probably seen fanservice shows you haven't even heard about.

DxD is trash, as far fanservice shows goes. It's fucking garbage and has always been. Deal with it.
Oct 21, 2017 6:51 AM

Oct 2015
Looking forward to the new season and art style isnt that bad aslong as the story action fanservice stays good ^^
Oct 21, 2017 6:52 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
ZettaiRyouiki said:
EcchiKingMamster said:
once again, primarily targeting ecchi/fanservice, comment floating around

so you clicked this video just to let people know how much you dont like this stuff? why cant you just go away and not watch it? looks might suspicious

Have you ever looked at my list? I've probably seen fanservice shows you haven't even heard about.

DxD is trash, as far fanservice shows goes. It's fucking garbage and has always been. Deal with it.

I somehow doubt that since not only is my list 900+ mostly fanservice anime, but I dig SUPER DEEP and will watch shows with -1000 members

Yeah? Well, you know... that's just like, uh... your opinion, man...
Oct 21, 2017 7:08 AM

Jul 2014
Can’t wait for all the comments about this is nothing but fan service, and people hating on the show when they clearly liked it enough to watch 3 whole seasons LOL. Regardless, this is the show started it all for me and brought me to the underbelly of society known as anime. I’m so excited!
Oct 21, 2017 7:33 AM
Aug 2016
The new art style looks okay. I prefer the old one, though. Also, I hope they won't screw up adapting the LN like they did with the previous season.
Oct 21, 2017 7:50 AM

Jan 2013
Koneko looks super cute so I don't mind the style. Also looks like she'll be dere in this series so thanks for that.
Oct 21, 2017 7:51 AM
Jul 2018
The new designs actually look better than the old ones. I’ll give them that.
However, the anime will probably still suck ass and the girls bodies will be ugly and disproportionate to look at as usual.
Shit like this gets 4 seasons… smh
Oct 21, 2017 7:52 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
My body is ready for the return of the best ecchi series known as GOAT School DxD ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Oct 21, 2017 8:51 AM
May 2013
Seigen said:
PV looks good I like the new art style. @Eyen

omg It's back

Lit art fam
Oct 21, 2017 9:09 AM

Aug 2013
All I have to say is that I'm ready ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Oct 21, 2017 9:15 AM

Nov 2013
The character designs look different, but I am ok with that, since they are more in tune with the original LN art, and they also look smoother when it comes to being animated.

Anyway, my body is ready for more DxD and I am looking forward to see vol.9 and 10 animated. That Cao Cao hype at the end got me pumped for these arcs! ^^
KaitonOct 21, 2017 9:24 AM

Oct 21, 2017 9:34 AM

Mar 2015
Koneko looked really cute when she hugged Issei from behind!!!!!! Can't wait!

Oct 21, 2017 10:21 AM

Aug 2017
Oh my fucking God. I'm going to fucking cry!!!!
I'm a very big fan of High School DxD, I've watched and rewatched it 5 times, and I haven't read the Light Novel because I want to buy it physically. I'm so happy right now, I can't wait for it to come out and 2018 is just around the corner!

You made my day with this post.

Pakuu said:
I might be in the minority, but I kinda still like the art style.

It looks more smooth than the old one that was something more "crisp" I would say. I personally remain neutral to the art style. I just want more of High School DxD.
Li-lehOct 21, 2017 10:26 AM
Oct 21, 2017 10:56 AM

Feb 2012
Man let the boobies and ass shots jiggle.

This is one of the more quality fanservice shows, rather have another season of this then some new harem shit.
Oct 21, 2017 11:36 AM

Mar 2013
Uh I'd prefer the old design out of nostalgia. And the art was its characteristic trait. It now looks like another generic ecchi harem anime with that art.
Oct 21, 2017 11:50 AM

Jan 2015
Looking forward to the new season.

Is it just me or does the animation style look different?

And why are people mad at this anime? It has an actual plot unlike a lot of harem anime.
Oct 21, 2017 12:30 PM
Jul 2017
So, i have heard that this has the potential to be the last season, apparently the ending will be more conclusive than last seasons. So im thinkig about reading the novels from where S4 will leave of. So my question is, what volume would that be and how many volumes have currently been translated? Or is it licebsed by a western producer?? Dont think i have heard about a western licebse for it.
Neutral on art style btw, please dont rage at me!
Oct 21, 2017 1:54 PM

Sep 2008
Troll12345678966 said:
So, i have heard that this has the potential to be the last season, apparently the ending will be more conclusive than last seasons. So im thinkig about reading the novels from where S4 will leave of. So my question is, what volume would that be and how many volumes have currently been translated? Or is it licebsed by a western producer?? Dont think i have heard about a western licebse for it.
Neutral on art style btw, please dont rage at me!

Bad idea. 3rd anime season had almost nothing in common with LN and ended with filler (own ending). First two series series adapted 4 LN volumes so if you don't want to read from beginning then you should start from 5th vol.
Oct 21, 2017 3:12 PM

Jul 2013
Good News:

DxD is back.. baby

Bad News:
Studio Passione is responsible of doing this you know the studio that made Rail Whores, all I can say is they better not half-ass the season otherwise I'm gonna be disappointed.

Oct 21, 2017 3:14 PM

Jan 2014
Designs look garbage garbage. Really trash
Oct 21, 2017 3:35 PM

Aug 2015
Ok, after seeing the preview the artstyle seems alright. Reminds me a bit of the later To Love-Ru artsyle with bright colours and moe faces which were decent.
Oct 21, 2017 3:45 PM
Jul 2018
KamenRiderMagna said:
Good News:

DxD is back.. baby

Bad News:
Studio Passione is responsible of doing this you know the studio that made Rail Whores, all I can say is they better not half-ass the season otherwise I'm gonna be disappointed.

They aren't too bad however I'm more worried about the staff more so, so its kind of warry.
Oct 21, 2017 4:13 PM

Sep 2010
Wasshio said:
KamenRiderMagna said:
Good News:

DxD is back.. baby

Bad News:

They aren't too bad however I'm more worried about the staff more so, so its kind of warry.

Story wise, it won't be fucked up because the author is actually handling the plot and writing for this one unlike the previous seasons where stuff was skipped.
Oct 21, 2017 4:26 PM

Mar 2016
Oh my days, Akeno at the end there, damn! The ending of that teaser xD, the art looks different, I think I prefer the old one but I'll probably get used to it.
Oct 21, 2017 4:32 PM

Jan 2008
HalAnime said:
Wasshio said:

Story wise, it won't be fucked up because the author is actually handling the plot and writing for this one unlike the previous seasons where stuff was skipped.

Director meh. Studio meh. Series Composition meh. Character Design awful beyond good.

Wish S4 was never happened at this point.
Oct 21, 2017 7:09 PM
Aug 2013
Just really happy that volumes 9 and 10 is getting animated.

Hope volumes 11 and 12 get animated too best volumes and one way to finish the anime maybe.

What do people think?
Oct 22, 2017 12:07 AM

Jan 2011
while i been used to the old designs after all these years,i personally prefer the new ones more softer and not as dark and early 2000s looking.

hoping this season is better loved the second one but really did't like the last one that much
Oct 22, 2017 1:52 AM

Apr 2014
Passione as the Studio? No more uncensored tities on TV? We are dead! Back to 6 months to 1 year BD waiting boys!
But where the fuck is TNK anyway ? They didn't even do anything much the past years!
Damn it! Why the hell TNK will pass the project where they became popular!
Haters always gonna hate.
Oct 22, 2017 3:09 AM
May 2017
Honestly after waiting for so long I just want it to be good, so I’ll sacrifice the artstyle (which the new one doesn’t look too bad), the lack of fan service, although that bedroom clip shows that there’ll still be some good bits, as long as it turns out good because this is one of the few good harems out there.
Oct 22, 2017 3:14 AM

Jan 2008
Rayzer said:
Passione as the Studio? No more uncensored tities on TV? We are dead! Back to 6 months to 1 year BD waiting boys!
But where the fuck is TNK anyway ? They didn't even do anything much the past years!
Damn it! Why the hell TNK will pass the project where they became popular!

LN author didn't like TNK anymore and wanted a change. Is what I have read around the internet so far.

But I wouldn't be so sure about that because most of the stuff is from 4chan and I can't read Japanese to understand what the author said on his twitter.
Oct 22, 2017 3:30 AM

Apr 2014
GREW said:

But I wouldn't be so sure about that because most of the stuff is from 4chan and I can't read Japanese to understand what the author said on his twitter.
Where did you even read that? Was it because of the result of BorN? Maybe you didn't know Ichiei Ishibumi was the culprit and to blame with S3.
My best guess, TNK don't want to continue where the author fucked it up. I just wish TNK would be back on doing OVA for it at the least.
Then continue to S5, well that's if Passione makes S4 good to work on then continue the story.
Oct 22, 2017 3:42 AM

Jan 2008
Rayzer said:
GREW said:

Where did you even read that? Was it because of the result of BorN? Maybe you didn't know Ichiei Ishibumi was the culprit and to blame with S3.
My best guess, TNK don't want to continue where the author fucked it up. I just wish TNK would be back on doing OVA for it at the least.
Then continue to S5, well that's if Passione makes S4 good to work on then continue the story.

4chan, and other websites. Some news websites. You can check his twitter if you can read Japanese. Some say yes because of that happened in BorN - even when the author did change some stuff. Guess he himself find S3 as a mistake (had to write a Novel to make it canon again).

Also miyama (LN original artist) wanted a different style and so did the author. So we ended up with this futa artist.

I heard that TNK were kicked out and stuff (sceptical about this part as well).

Even as a DxD Fan, I kinda hope this season will be the final anime. Why? I don't want to see them butcher about the series I like so much. But with that staff, studio and art change, I think they pretty much want to kill DxD as anime.
Oct 22, 2017 4:06 AM

Apr 2014
GREW said:

4chan, and other websites. Some news websites. You can check his twitter if you can read Japanese. Some say yes because of that happened in BorN - even when the author did change some stuff. Guess he himself find S3 as a mistake (had to write a Novel to make it canon again).

Also miyama (LN original artist) wanted a different style and so did the author. So we ended up with this futa artist.

Even as a DxD Fan, I kinda hope this season will be the final anime. Why? I don't want to see them butcher about the series I like so much. But with that staff, studio and art change, I think they pretty much want to kill DxD as anime.
Please man no, the majority of DxD fans was only into the anime. Because reading without seeing and just your imagination was lame.
It's too much bothersome to read Light Novels with just few chapter illustrations. We rather get a lame/mediocre adaptation than to let it end.
Well, if things get to worse maybe Japan needs assistance from other countries. Just like what's happening on FLCL series. (financial issues.)
Oct 22, 2017 4:23 AM

Jan 2008
Rayzer said:
GREW said:

Please man no, the majority of DxD fans was only into the anime. Because reading without seeing and just your imagination was lame.
It's too much bothersome to read Light Novels with just few chapter illustrations. We rather get a lame/mediocre adaptation than to let it end.
Well, if things get to worse maybe Japan needs assistance from other countries. Just like what's happening on FLCL series. (financial issues.)

Sadly I don't see a bright future for the DxD Anime. Also the LN is fairly easy to read, even I'm not the best with English. I prefer good adoptions, not half abortions.
Oct 22, 2017 7:08 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Sad news, at the end of S3, I thought, they fucked it up good, if they had keeping going like in the 2 first seasons... but we managed to reach S4, but the mistakes done on S3 will be the end of the adaptation sadly, if they had just keep following like they always did, instead of some original crap that turned it for worst.
Oct 22, 2017 7:55 AM

Mar 2015
Season three of Highschool DxD really screwed with the storyline and any enjoyment I could potentially feel. So I'm not sure whether I care about another softcore hentai ecchi bullcrap, I'd only watch it to justify reading the 15 volumes of Light novels read. (That and best girl Akeno)
Oct 22, 2017 9:16 AM
Jun 2014
here's a comparison photo that compalls together all dxd art styles except the manga then comment on what you think is best https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9XMV5I11ziWNTZUUm9HbkZuUk0/view?usp=sharing
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

3 by ToyaMochizuki »»
1 hour ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

16 by Jonas-K »»
2 hours ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/18]

Snow - Apr 5

28 by infanf »»
2 hours ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - 3 hours ago

3 by RobertBobert »»
3 hours ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

8 by AddaeAkono »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.