Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 23, 2017 2:22 PM

Jul 2016

Really now i get that many fanboys are mad because up until now, this has been on the first place of the Top Airing Anime without even PROPERLY starting, but that doesn't mean you can just add it and give it a 1 rating without even watching it at AnimeExpo, where the first episode was previewed as i heard.
I just can't believe that almost 1400 users watched the preview, then just gave it a rating based on that preview only. Adding this anime on the On-going list was something mods shouldn't have done, but that's not gonna be reverted, and basically the angry fanboys who just want to see their favourite on-going anime on the first place should not just create some fake accounts and try to lower this anime's rating either.
For the past few months, or even weeks, this anime's rating has been considerably lowering, even though what fans got was only a preview of the first episode screened at Anime Expo, one PV and 2 CMs on Youtube, and a plot summary
It's very wrong that everyone can just create fake accounts and rate certain anime in just a few minutes (cause you have to create new emails too, but you can just use a disposable instant email, there are many websites for that thing)
I'm not trying to "defend" this anime's rating either, this thing does not happen only with this anime, but this is one of the best examples, as we've seen only 3 trailers and THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN AT ANIME EXPO 2017 have seen A PREVIEW of the first episode.
Basically, anime like this one, which seem to be promising only if you look at the animation, tend to have only a few categories of raters:
-Those who are just astonished by the animation as they look at the trailers, and they instantly give it a 10.
-Those who just add it on their list obviously without giving it a rating, the normal people, basically the majority.
-And finally, those who did not even hear about this anime, but after seeing it take the first place in the Currently-Airing Anime Top List, they simply get mad at it because their favourite anime which happened to be the Top#1 of that list before got taken down by this one, and just start creating fake accounts and give it the worst rating, trying to lower its Score, and just give a perfect note to their favourite anime, to help it recover the #1 place in the Top, basically the worst scum on these kinds of forums. This happens on Imdb as well but not at this scale, as the anime audience's average age is younger than the movie's and live action shows' audience, and they just can't stand when their show is surpassed by a show who has not even started yet. This is what a hardcore fanboy is.
And to get rid of these hardcore boys, this forum needs a certain system, that won't just allow absolutely everyone to just give a rating just like that.
This might be wrong too, and not the best solution, but there definitely are solutions for this. I know this has been discussed before too, but it has to end.
Until a solution is found, the best thing mods can do for now is to correct their mistake and put this anime back on the Upcoming-Anime category, but saying this, i might make you think i'm only "defending" this anime because i am a hardcore fanboy as well, but as i said earlier, it's not only this anime, this is just one of the best examples ratings are not totally legit on this forum.
miX0NOct 21, 2017 7:57 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 23, 2017 2:24 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
I am fucking exhausted with the drama about it being where it is at on the top currently airing list and I have only infrequently watched said drama from the side ffs

Jul 23, 2017 2:26 PM

Jul 2016
Manaban said:
I am fucking exhausted with the drama about it being where it is at on the top currently airing list and I have only infrequently watched said drama from the side ffs

Yes, as i said the only solution is to put it back on the Upcoming-Anime category, you probably just read the title and a few lines from the post, i totally get it, i made this too long, my bad.
Jul 23, 2017 2:37 PM
Feb 2015
because someone got their titties twisted and made a thread about how it was too high, causing people to downvote it.
The thread in question has been removed i think
Jul 23, 2017 2:53 PM

May 2012
No one gives a fuck what meaningless numerical rating you give to your Chinese cartoons. Stop caring about pointless shit.
Jul 23, 2017 3:02 PM

Apr 2016
People are salty and rate it 1/10 because of MALs system of Curently Airing Anime...
Jul 23, 2017 4:38 PM

May 2014
It is the main reason why I don't trust MAL Ratings.
“Be the heroine of your life, not the victim.”
"Just don't overdo it"
*nods*
Jul 23, 2017 5:00 PM

Jun 2015
Clannad AS was rated a 9.25 and got downrated by lots of salty fmab /steins;gate and gintama fanboys

I don't even give a fuck
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Jul 24, 2017 3:21 AM

Mar 2012
1/10
6.8% (93 votes)

=> Some idiots who want to decrease the score.
We can't do anything about that ? An administrator or other ?
I haven't watch Violet yet and I don't really care about this anime, but I'm aggrieved about thar way of thinking..
People are so stupid...
Jul 24, 2017 11:06 AM

Jun 2016
I got really mad when I saw that 93 people have given this anime a 1/10. Same for Noragami.
Help the industry and buy Blu-rays and DVD's.
Noragami is the best anime ever.
Jul 24, 2017 11:24 AM

Aug 2009
HaarWyvern said:

People are so stupid...

Yes, those people who score it 10/10 before even watching it are really stupid.
Pupupupu~
Jul 24, 2017 2:09 PM
Feb 2015
WizarD-X said:
HaarWyvern said:

People are so stupid...

Yes, those people who score it 10/10 before even watching it are really stupid.

this is a much bigger problem imo
Jul 24, 2017 5:04 PM
Jul 2018
why does it have a rating in the first place. and why are you only salty for the 1 star reviews... this has a TON of 10 star reviews and I can guarante most of them are only because of the hype around it. why are you even salty about ratings in MAL? everybody knows MAL rankings are a joke.
removed-userJul 24, 2017 5:22 PM
Jul 24, 2017 8:30 PM

Apr 2014
Because it doesn't deserved to be rated.
But since MAL got a stupid system they did that.
Hell, just a single episode 6 months ahead rated that high?
Haters always gonna hate.
Jul 25, 2017 1:39 AM

Jun 2012
Maybe the moderators will learn a valuable lesson.

This entire issue is stupid, but the finger of blame should be pointed solely at the idiot who added this anime to airing.
Jul 25, 2017 9:25 AM

Dec 2014
There are all sort of peoples on MAL, you are wrong to say that all make accounts only to downvote this:

It works the reverse too... there are peoples who make accounts just to give it high ranks...

Ex.: [url]https://myanimelist.net/profile/Alvian_William[/url]

-Or those who make accounts just to rise their favorites like this KyoAni fanboy:
[url]https://myanimelist.net/profile/ktosfajny777[/url]

or this one who has only 10:
[url]https://myanimelist.net/profile/Bernie-bal[/url]

Or this one who give 10 to pretty much everything...

[url]https://myanimelist.net/animelist/YoshidaTsukune?status=2&tag=[/url]

There are those who somehow watched 5 or even 8 episodes of Ever Green:

[url]https://myanimelist.net/profile/tello_wesker[/url]

[url]https://myanimelist.net/animelist/vairoletto?status=1[/url]

Those who have it at plan to watch but gave it a 10 anyway, because why not?

[url]https://myanimelist.net/animelist/NorthFalcon?status=6[/url]

And those who have it on Plan to Watch but gave it a 1/10 because.... why not? And somehow managed to watch Stein;Gate 0 and give it a 10... This is John Titor himself...

[url]https://myanimelist.net/animelist/alucab?status=6[/url]

Actually Stein;Gate 0 has some really good ratings, despise the fact that we don't even know when it airs...
[url]https://myanimelist.net/anime/30484/Steins_Gate_0/stats[/url]

And then, here is this guy who geniuly gave it a 1/10... ask him why if it bothers you....

[url]https://myanimelist.net/profile/WhipMaster13[/url]

And this guy who gave a 1 to two of the most anticipated anime ever, one of them who has a manga and is fuking beautiful... but somehow see Tonagura as worthy of a 6...

[url]https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kakas69?status=1[/url]

There are those who indeed make accoounts to shit on the anime they hate:

I have no link because I closed the tab, and then I found no other after....

So yeah, the conclusion is that there are many peoples on MAL who have different values...

P.S: Do not be assholes and harass peoples... I just made research and shown you reality, to stop the drama...
Jul 25, 2017 2:56 PM
Jun 2011
I hope more people will downvote it.
Jul 25, 2017 5:49 PM
Dec 2015
This has always been a problem. Ratings on MAL aren't that trustworthy because people tend to either A) rank it before it airs B) give it a 1-3 rating before it airs and after it airs to either -piss people off (troll) -because their favourite anime isn't higher ranked than it -are just plain salty about everything -think it's overrated before even watching it in it's full completion.

I also noticed that it's been rapidly decreasing and saw the stats, the only thing we can do is wait for it to actually air for everyone and hope that these people take back their ratings or that (if it's good) it gets so much positive feedback that the rating sort of balances out to where it's supposed to be for the most part, since I mean it's MAL, it only gives you a general idea of whether or not you should watch certain anime. It also depends on taste too, but I won't delve further.
Hi
Jul 26, 2017 9:33 AM

May 2016
I watched the first episode at AX 2017 and I think the first episode deserves a 9 or 10. Anyone who scored it 7 or lower hasn't even watched it.
Jul 26, 2017 9:58 AM

Jul 2012
Reshiram_IX said:
I watched the first episode at AX 2017 and I think the first episode deserves a 9 or 10. Anyone who scored it 7 or lower hasn't even watched it.

Considering about 50% of the stuff you have seen gets a 9 or 10 that isn't very reassuring praise.

Going through the stats more people are giving it a 10 and plan-to-watch than a 1/10.
It is just the 1's shift the score more. But the real problem is not people giving it a score, it is the problem that scores count when such a small fraction of the show has come out to such a limited audience.
Jul 26, 2017 11:31 PM

Apr 2016
Why do I have a feeling Bnha fans did this cause it was gonna be 1st on top airing anime. I could be wrong too. Idc nowadays about mal ratings.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 28, 2017 9:30 PM

Oct 2015
If MAL would list anime as they air magus bride in fall and violet winter season there wouldnt be any problems just ugh dunno why cant they just edit the dates quickly its srsly such a easy fix and yet they dont wanna do it for w/e reason....
Jul 29, 2017 12:08 AM

Sep 2013
Kyoani haters.-.
Jul 29, 2017 3:19 AM

Oct 2013
How is the rating so high if it hasn't even started yet?

Kyoani fanboys should calm the fuck down.
Jul 29, 2017 3:20 AM
Oct 2016
ichii_1 said:
Kyoani haters.-.

Personally I'm not a Kyoani hate - I'm looking forward to this entry when it finally airs (looking forward to anything by Kyoto Animation) - but I think scoring like this isn't healthy for MAL -

Just as OP asked

" How is this anime's rating slowly decreasing if it hasn't even started yet."

You could ask the inverse

"How is this anime's rating slowly increasing or being rated at all if it hasn't even started yet?"

An ideal system would purge "preview" ratings once the series starts to air - but there are a ton of other problems with how things are rated in anime (not just mal) anyway, so this is a minor gripe. I think fanboys of a studio or franchise can be just as bad as haters of a franchise because then it becomes about the fight between identities and not a rating speaking to the quality of the content.

What percentage of people who've already rated it a 10/10 - possibly not even having watched any of it will go back and change their score after the series is done airing no matter the quality or end result?

@dc22 Exactly
HamakamiJul 29, 2017 3:24 AM
Jul 29, 2017 5:30 PM

Jun 2016
That's just the nature of sites like this that allow people to rate. You're going to get people who give 10s even though the show hasn't even started and you're going to get people who give 0s or 1s just because they can.

Don't put much stock into it.
°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°
Jul 29, 2017 6:38 PM

Apr 2014
Suprised ppl arent looking at the opposite. How it has such a high score for a series that i bet most ppl rating it didnt even watch.

It goes both ways.
Jul 29, 2017 6:48 PM

Jun 2015
If this discussion has proved anything, it's that when you give pretty music and sexy visuals to a mildly popular LN adaptation, the flames of controversy will erupt.

On a related note, Sword Art Online has a 3rd season.
Jul 30, 2017 1:30 AM

Apr 2017
Salty Fag..

>Can't even wait till the source got aired for once

-HippySnob-Jul 30, 2017 1:44 AM

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Aug 1, 2017 4:55 PM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
Not surprised, it was premiered at Animexpo, but the regular broadcast will be the next year. Now to answer your question is what users do without seeing the show. Happens here, occurs at IMDB (movies without a release have a score of 9.0) and much more. So no point in complaining, when the show starts if it is good it will improve if not it will drop.

Also, I can't say that if the animation is good, the show will be promising. You can have an excellent animation with a bold and empty plot and bad character development, and you will end with a bad anime.

Finally, what will win a person giving a bad score? The answer is nothing just because their favorite anime isn't on the list is a bad argument. I am sure that none cares if it appears or not in the "Top Airing Anime."

One last advice, if you watch or pick an anime based on the score, then you are mistaken. Watch shows based on your likes, desires, genres and more (story, characters, etc.), so don't get mad for a simple score, really is a pointless fight.

Aug 1, 2017 5:01 PM

May 2015
dc22 said:
How is the rating so high if it hasn't even started yet?

Kyoani fanboys should calm the fuck down.

The people that actually saw the pre-screenings gave it a high score. Plus, people liking a studio you don't ≠ them being fanboys.

Aug 2, 2017 3:57 AM
Nov 2015
Lol I was looking for a new ongoing anime to watch and thought it was strange why there was no episodes or it said ongoing lol xD
Aug 3, 2017 8:06 PM

Aug 2013
It shouldn't be able to be rated at all, but it's like all of the MAL admins have been the victims of weaponized autism in the past year or so.

Hell, sit back and think for a minute: when is the last time that the MAL admins/mods/staff have EVER given a shit or listened to community feed back on any issue that's ever been brought up?

Aug 4, 2017 11:59 PM
Feb 2014
People are just triggered it has a high rating and I'm sure the people giving it a 1 rating haven't even watched the episodes that premiered.

That being said, I think they need to classify the anime for the season it's going to actually debut in (Not sure if it's Fall 2017 or Winter 2018).
PSN: DarkSpy23
Twitch: DigitalStreamer

Aug 5, 2017 1:27 PM

May 2009
Mods should put VEG under Winter 2018 and delete all votes already.
Aug 5, 2017 2:12 PM

Oct 2013
Y'all need to CTFO... MAL could do some things to improve how the rating system works, but ultimately, once a show has been out for long enough, it gets a rating relative to the MAL community's enjoyment of it. The best shows maintain a high rating and the overhyped shows slowly fall down the rankings. As a result, using MAL rating to decide what shows to watch can be a good method of filtering out the garbage, but only at least a year after a show's original run.
Aug 5, 2017 9:57 PM
Jun 2010
Bit off tangent, but speaking of ratings, does anyone have any suggestions as to which sites have good/accurate/fair ratings for animes? I go on and off watching animes, so most of the time I'm not too in the loop of which animes are airing well. I would like to see which ones are receiving a good response for the current seasons. (For example, Anime Season provides a vote count next to each title.)
Aug 6, 2017 3:30 AM

Jul 2012
kurokatx said:
Bit off tangent, but speaking of ratings, does anyone have any suggestions as to which sites have good/accurate/fair ratings for animes? I go on and off watching animes, so most of the time I'm not too in the loop of which animes are airing well. I would like to see which ones are receiving a good response for the current seasons. (For example, Anime Season provides a vote count next to each title.)

Curious as to what you expect a site with good/accurate/fair ratings would be. Sounds like you should be looking for users or critics with similar tastes as yours.
Aug 6, 2017 12:35 PM

Mar 2014
I heard that there are people who rate this series badly just so that the rating will drop - without having seen anything of it. Is this true?

If so, I'm really disappointed that there are people like that. I know only the first episode was aired, bbut it was truly stunning. Can't wait for more.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 8, 2017 3:07 AM
Oct 2016
kurokatx said:

I look in the reviews, I ignore 9 and 10 score reviews and look for a 3-7 review ideally. They may be incorrect in there assessment, but you can generally parse the good and bad of a series a little more objectively from someone who gave it a 6 than you can from someone that gave it a 1 or a 10. Same thing with product reviews on Amazon or New Egg - look for the people complaining and figure out why they are complaining. If you don't think the complaints would bother you or apply to you then the product/anime might be what you are looking for.
Aug 20, 2017 2:02 AM

Jul 2007
While rating series 1 just out of spite is ridiculous, the same can be said for rating the anime 10 because of hype or single episode preview. Neither actually carry any weight. That's why MAL ratings are trash and this doesn't matter. People should use their brains before throwing out ratings and wait until they have seen at least half of the show. You know, when it actually airs. One embellished preview episode does not series make.
Need to make new sig. Soon. Maybe.
Aug 20, 2017 2:05 AM
Jul 2018
cant wait for this shit to start and disappoint everyone.
Aug 20, 2017 2:10 AM

Apr 2016
Alwerien said:
While rating series 1 just out of spite is ridiculous, the same can be said for rating the anime 10 because of hype or single episode preview. Neither actually carry any weight. That's why MAL ratings are trash and this doesn't matter. People should use their brains before throwing out ratings and wait until they have seen at least half of the show. You know, when it actually airs. One embellished preview episode does not series make.

Dont take people of MAL their only option how to express themselves, they feel like gods when they can give something they dont like 1/10.

MorningPersona said:

You cant speak about disappointment with Naruto in favorites, that's just no go.

Aug 20, 2017 2:14 AM
Jul 2018
@Swagernator how did naruto disappoint? last time i heard, it adapted every chapter of the manga
you know its funny when ~80% of the people who watched it(people on mal) rated it high and then theres this one guy
one guy still trashtalking it for unexplainable reasons
Aug 23, 2017 3:11 AM

Jun 2013
Because people are fucking idiots.
Aug 23, 2017 3:47 AM
Jun 2011
I gave it a "1", because it's simply not out yet, and I decided to balance out the idiots.

I don't even give a damn about the show, as I've never even heard about it, until I came here and saw that people who never even saw it gave it a high score. The main problem here is MAL itself. I think it should NOT be available for review until the anime is actually available to watch and people can judge it for what it is, and not for what it could be.
Aug 23, 2017 5:13 AM

Mar 2012
MorningPersona said:
Actually the premiere at Anime Expo was pretty much universally well recieved
Aug 23, 2017 5:19 AM
Nov 2016
How did it even get that high a rating in the first place?
Because of the trailer? People are fucking stupid.
Aug 23, 2017 7:35 AM

Mar 2014
Shut_up_Shinji said:

Because of various Anime Conventions which previewed the first episode. For now, the ratings of the people mirror what these people think of the first episode.

I also went to the Europe premiere and I also rated this show already REALLY high. Usually, I wait to give a rating for a series after having seen a few episode of it, this one is an exception. Though, the rating might drop, if the quality/story/animation doesn't stay on the same level.

Anyway, just to say it like this: I haven't seen such a good and promising first episode of an anime for years(!). And I watch anime frequently...

lawina said:
I gave it a "1", because it's simply not out yet, and I decided to balance out the idiots.

I don't even give a damn about the show, as I've never even heard about it, until I came here and saw that people who never even saw it gave it a high score. The main problem here is MAL itself. I think it should NOT be available for review until the anime is actually available to watch and people can judge it for what it is, and not for what it could be.

Sorry, I understand people complaining about others who give ratings after just watching one episode, I also kinda understand people who give a rating after just watching one episode (after all I did in this case, too...), what I don't understand are people who aren't even interested in a show and give a bad rating just so that the ratings might drop. You don't even know if it is good or not, not even based from the first episode...

Aug 24, 2017 6:22 AM
Nov 2016
Petalview said:
Shut_up_Shinji said:

Because of various Anime Conventions which previewed the first episode. For now, the ratings of the people mirror what these people think of the first episode.

I also went to the Europe premiere and I also rated this show already REALLY high. Usually, I wait to give a rating for a series after having seen a few episode of it, this one is an exception. Though, the rating might drop, if the quality/story/animation doesn't stay on the same level.

Anyway, just to say it like this: I haven't seen such a good and promising first episode of an anime for years(!). And I watch anime frequently...

lawina said:

Sorry, I understand people complaining about others who give ratings after just watching one episode, I also kinda understand people who give a rating after just watching one episode (after all I did in this case, too...), what I don't understand are people who aren't even interested in a show and give a bad rating just so that the ratings might drop. You don't even know if it is good or not, not even based from the first episode...

You make quite a valid point there,

Have you seen The Ancient Magus Bride? I had the feeling you are describing right now with that anime. After I saw the trailer I bought the first vol of the manga. Now I own all of them up untill now, and I am very hyped for whats next to come.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Violet Evergarden Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2018

619 by NubFix »»
Yesterday, 8:08 AM

Poll: » Violet Evergarden Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2018

319 by NubFix »»
Yesterday, 6:11 AM

Poll: » Violet Evergarden Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2018

244 by _Anime-Lover-44_ »»
Apr 15, 1:02 AM

Poll: » Violet Evergarden Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2018

422 by TabbyPog »»
Apr 5, 2:36 PM

» Do you love Violet Evergarden? ( 1 2 )

Stacias - Jul 19, 2022

90 by Zarutaku »»
Apr 5, 4:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.