Forum Settings
Forums

Normal Game V10: Rainbow Six Siege (Red Faction Wins!) Epilogue out!

New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (65) « First ... « 14 15 [16] 17 18 » ... Last »
Jun 8, 2017 6:37 AM

Dec 2013
logic340 said:
wen294 said:
I think logic was the one who got started with sledge, then penta gave his answer to logic's question. Because people didn't know what a jumper was it turned to mechanics. I really didn't get the feeling that penta wanted to talk about mechanics from the start though, but that the conversation just kinda went there and then he stopped it from going on for too long.
I asked RE a question and Penta intercepted it. Sure I brought it up but Penta decided to have mechanics on his own not because he was asked about it. Big difference in how you're portraying things. Also it's not something that I was spending a bunch of time on yet Penta says let's not spend too much time on this.
Well i still can't see it as a reason to scumread him whatsoever.
Penta just answered you. Even if the question wasn't directly aimed at you you asked it to multiple people and at the time i also thought it was more of a question aimed at the group than 1 individual. His reply was normal and the only reason it turned to mechanics was because other people asked penta about the mechanics. Your contribution to the convo turning to mechanics there was as big as penta's tbh.
Jun 8, 2017 6:38 AM

Jan 2014
Votes so far!

PentaFlare (1) - (Suzune-chan)

Shinichi-Kun (1) - (Militus)

logic340 (2) - (AbuHumaid, PentaFlare)

ironace (4) - (Sleipnirr, wen294, Rinto-kun, grrr)

PTYamin (2) - (yurkin, RE1031])

AbuHumaid (1) - (reiynii)

Militus (2) - (logic340, ironace)

reiynii (1) - (Coelestin)

Not voting: Shinichi-Kun, DenjaX, PTYamin, SuzakuTsubasa, Karote

Time until Night 1!
TIMER!
~I am just one sadist who supports friends~
Jun 8, 2017 6:39 AM

Dec 2013
PentaFlare said:
wen294 said:
@Pentaflare interesting idea but how does that work out exactly?
Sounds like it'll end up being a repeat of points that the player already replied to which then drags on for overly long and just ends up with annoyed people.

No. I have no idea how that would happen. This actually results in new content instead of long conversations that drag on.

Run people up, get claims, decide. This is not a new idea like you seem to be implying. This is how to play open setups.
Dunno never seen it before. Sounds like an inpractical idea to me. If the person isn't very active or just can't be on before phase change due to timezones the entire plan kinda just falls apart and turns into the bashing of a person that isn't on.
Jun 8, 2017 6:42 AM

Jan 2014
Ungala Bukala Pyrounga in about six hours you might have to rise from deep sleep to bring justice for these mortals.
Jun 8, 2017 6:44 AM

Aug 2014
wen294 said:
PentaFlare said:

No. I have no idea how that would happen. This actually results in new content instead of long conversations that drag on.

Run people up, get claims, decide. This is not a new idea like you seem to be implying. This is how to play open setups.
Dunno never seen it before. Sounds like an inpractical idea to me. If the person isn't very active or just can't be on before phase change due to timezones the entire plan kinda just falls apart and turns into the bashing of a person that isn't on.

This will work. The problem is that there are almost no open set-ups played in MS. I play on another forum that almost exclusively plays open set-ups. This is how to play.

If you aren't going to be online at any point leading up to the phase change, you need to say that. It is a very important time, so if you are going to miss all of it and don't tell anyone, you aren't going to be given lynch immunity.
Be like this seal. It is a happy seal.
~Review Guidelines~ | ~Recommendation Guidelines~ | ~Mafia Society~
Jun 8, 2017 6:47 AM

Jan 2014
@PentaFlare Interesting. So no open set-ups these days in MS? What is the reason for that?
Jun 8, 2017 6:53 AM

Aug 2014
The_Pyromaani said:
@PentaFlare Interesting. So no open set-ups these days in MS? What is the reason for that?

Just the meta I guess. There was a big shift away from them when mass claiming kept breaking games. I don't know why they haven't come back.
Jun 8, 2017 6:56 AM

Jul 2009
Castle panic and EEM had an open set-up, no?

I get penta's idea from the time with spoonfeeding, sleip etc. So basically question players one by one to clear them or something, ok i got it.
Jun 8, 2017 6:58 AM

Aug 2014
yurkin said:
Castle panic and EEM had a open set-up, no?

I get penta's idea from the time with spoonfeeding, sleip etc. So basically question players one by one to clear them or something, ok i got it.

No. Castle panic wasn't completely open. There were hidden elements in that game. Before Easter Egg, the last open set-up I can think of was Akatsuki no Yona.
Jun 8, 2017 6:59 AM

Aug 2014
@yurkin Are you willing to vote for logic? We need to get trains building and lynch pressure on players.
Jun 8, 2017 6:59 AM

Aug 2014
PentaFlare said:
yurkin said:
Castle panic and EEM had a open set-up, no?

No. Castle panic wasn't completely open. There were hidden elements in that game. Before Easter Egg, the last open set-up I can think of was Akatsuki no Yona.

Although I was mostly on hiatus from September to December, so something could have happened then.
Jun 8, 2017 7:03 AM

Oct 2014
@Karote PTYamin, Militus, Abu
Dang, I'd say everyone from the list for now except for you, nothing outstanding showing me there are townies here.

Jun 8, 2017 7:09 AM

Jul 2009
PentaFlare said:
@yurkin Are you willing to vote for logic? We need to get trains building and lynch pressure on players.

>: hmm penta, my vote itself wont do much of pressure, since its not my thing in general to pressure players with my vote that is. But i dont mind the idea of questioning... so maybe i can.

The only flaw i see there is that people like yamin cant get questioned due to their activity.
Jun 8, 2017 7:10 AM

Oct 2014
@Karote, could you compile another list with everyone's top 4 reliable people?

Jun 8, 2017 7:11 AM

Oct 2014
logic340 said:
@Rinto-kun your grace period is over. Thoughts on the lead train and it's voters?

It's shit - the person is nowhere to be seen. I think I'll jump out and/or catch another train when the time comes, not afraid of a random lynch.

Jun 8, 2017 7:12 AM

Jan 2014
PentaFlare said:
The_Pyromaani said:

Just the meta I guess. There was a big shift away from them when mass claiming kept breaking games. I don't know why they haven't come back.

Naruhodo. Back in the days people rlly didnt rlly use mass claiming before some point of game just to keep it fun lol
Jun 8, 2017 7:19 AM

Jan 2010
PentaFlare said:
Everyone please read this carefully
Although it is great that people are providing reads and listing people for Karote, since that does show where everyone is in terms of mindset, we can't forget that we are lynching someone in 7 hours. That needs to be our focus right now.

Because this is an open set-up, there is a way we should be approach this part of the phase. There seems to be a few suspects that many different people are wary of. To decide the lynch, ad need to run each of these players up one at a time. Focus on them for a moment, force a claim, decide if their claim is believable, and let them defend themself. If they seem good after this, we move on to another suspect. The most suspicious person gets lynched.

This approach is very effective at sorting players and getting interaction that is very telling once there have been flips, but go do this, there needs to be focus from the town and an effort to get things done.

I would like to start with logic. I have reasons to suspect him, but others have also said they are feeling a little suspicious or wary of him. Let's run him up, force a claim, and get a my heart clearer read, one way or the other. We need other people to vote him though to get him as the leading train.

I don't want this to devolve into a last minute scramble. We have 7 hours, so if we start now we can make an educated lynch that is many times more likely to catch scum.
you don't necessarily have to run me up. If you ask nicely I might be willing to share that information with you I don't have a very powerful role per se so I do think that at some point I want to reveal what I am anyways. You might could even say I have hinted to it in the thread if you look at my post you may be able to pick up on what it is.
Proud Administrator of the D Gray Man FC and OnePunch-Man FC

Jun 8, 2017 7:27 AM

Jul 2009
PentaFlare said:
PentaFlare said:

Although I was mostly on hiatus from September to December, so something could have happened then.

Btw penta, since you play open set-ups elsewhere, are these more easily won by town? Meaning isn't it like impossible for scums to hide and win in such set-ups?
Jun 8, 2017 7:30 AM

Jan 2010
wen294 said:
logic340 said:
I asked RE a question and Penta intercepted it. Sure I brought it up but Penta decided to have mechanics on his own not because he was asked about it. Big difference in how you're portraying things. Also it's not something that I was spending a bunch of time on yet Penta says let's not spend too much time on this.
Well i still can't see it as a reason to scumread him whatsoever.
Penta just answered you. Even if the question wasn't directly aimed at you you asked it to multiple people and at the time i also thought it was more of a question aimed at the group than 1 individual. His reply was normal and the only reason it turned to mechanics was because other people asked penta about the mechanics. Your contribution to the convo turning to mechanics there was as big as penta's tbh.
I probably had more to do with and I don't have a scum read on Panta so not sure where that is even coming from. I've said multiple times he's in neutral and I'm taking my time in developing that read.

Jun 8, 2017 7:30 AM

Jul 2009
If penta's idea run well town can grab an easy victory ;3 hehehe
Jun 8, 2017 7:47 AM

Jan 2010
Floofs said:
logic340 said:
@Rinto-kun your grace period is over. Thoughts on the lead train and it's voters?
@AbuHumaid if you could share your thoughts as you catch up it would be much appreciated.
@PTYamin I'm going to find it pretty scummy if you pop up to vote at phase change with the D1 you've had so far
@Floofs this is eerily similar to your recent scum game. Same thing I said to PTYamin applies to you (especially with how those two EoD's went in Gakkougurashi!).

Just because I did it once doesn't make it my special move XD
I would hope not...lol.

Jun 8, 2017 7:51 AM

Jan 2010
wen294 said:
logic340 said:
just do you know my read on Sleipnirr is also neutral right now. After he wrecked me in Castle Panic and I Vigged him in Stray Dogs I realized something about Sleipnirr's late game play as town. I promised him I wouldn't let him be lynch fodder D1 because he's an important asset if he's town and I'm confident I can catch him as scum. So unless I'm certain he's scum or there is a great case against him in not touching it.
inb4 you get nightkilled N1 and scum!sleip wraps up the game.
A plan that relies on you making it into late game, and especially when you announce that plan beforehand, has a habit of failing.
Might be just me tho.
fair enough I see what you're getting at. Unless I do something really stupid I'm pretty sure I'm be seeing D2. It's not really a plan as much ss my reasoning for not wanting to lynch him D1 for no apparent reason.

Jun 8, 2017 7:54 AM

Jan 2010
I would say that is just wen's playstyle. I respect it as I've seen it get results (in the form of catching Abu my teammate). I'm just not so sure the right approach to take with someone who doesn't understand what being town or scum is. Other than the similar feeling it gave me to my own experience as a new apprehensive player I don't have much to go on there.

Jun 8, 2017 8:09 AM

Aug 2014
logic340 said:
PentaFlare said:
Everyone please read this carefully
Although it is great that people are providing reads and listing people for Karote, since that does show where everyone is in terms of mindset, we can't forget that we are lynching someone in 7 hours. That needs to be our focus right now.

Because this is an open set-up, there is a way we should be approach this part of the phase. There seems to be a few suspects that many different people are wary of. To decide the lynch, ad need to run each of these players up one at a time. Focus on them for a moment, force a claim, decide if their claim is believable, and let them defend themself. If they seem good after this, we move on to another suspect. The most suspicious person gets lynched.

This approach is very effective at sorting players and getting interaction that is very telling once there have been flips, but go do this, there needs to be focus from the town and an effort to get things done.

I would like to start with logic. I have reasons to suspect him, but others have also said they are feeling a little suspicious or wary of him. Let's run him up, force a claim, and get a my heart clearer read, one way or the other. We need other people to vote him though to get him as the leading train.

I don't want this to devolve into a last minute scramble. We have 7 hours, so if we start now we can make an educated lynch that is many times more likely to catch scum.
you don't necessarily have to run me up. If you ask nicely I might be willing to share that information with you I don't have a very powerful role per se so I do think that at some point I want to reveal what I am anyways. You might could even say I have hinted to it in the thread if you look at my post you may be able to pick up on what it is.

Revealing too much is risky. The aim for claiming is to get a read on suspects. If everyone claims willy nilly, we will lose the really important roles like cop fast. That's why I'm suggesting getting claims from those who are run up, and not just randomly from anyone.
Jun 8, 2017 8:10 AM

Aug 2014
yurkin said:
PentaFlare said:

Btw penta, since you play open set-ups elsewhere, are these more easily won by town? Meaning isn't it like impossible for scums to hide and win in such set-ups?

It's within 1% of a 50/50 win rate. That forum has a backend server for mafia that keeps track of every game and over almost 5000 games, the win rate is pretty close to 50/50
Jun 8, 2017 8:10 AM

Jan 2010
PentaFlare said:
logic340 said:

Revealing too much is risky. The aim for claiming is to get a read on suspects. If everyone claims willy nilly, we will lose the really important roles like cop fast. That's why I'm suggesting getting claims from those who are run up, and not just randomly from anyone.
fair enough continue pushing let's see how things progress.

Jun 8, 2017 8:11 AM

Aug 2014
logic340 said:
PentaFlare said:

fair enough continue pushing let's see how things progress.

If you are willing to claim though I would appreciate it in this situation since town all seems to be gone right now. We'll play it pretending you are being run up.
Jun 8, 2017 8:13 AM

Dec 2013
PentaFlare said:
Shinichi-Kun said:

Tbf im the same way with jack and penta i almost lways distrust them cause of their capabilities.

I mean sightless reality practically lurked every game and he was only scum once out of his like 10 games so chi chi is kinda right.

Actually, tbf, I finished making mafia stats for myself recently. I have a 33% win rate as mafia. I'm not as good at playing mafia as everyone thinks.

I dont think that changes the fact ur scary when it comes to making fake claims lol im just glad u cant do it here haha.

Jun 8, 2017 8:17 AM

Dec 2013
logic340 said:
Shinichi-Kun said:

This all still seems so weird coming from you.
Can you explain what you mean by "weird coming from you"?

The whole roleplaying and fluff posts is just weird, either he feels like tpr.

Jun 8, 2017 8:18 AM

Dec 2013
logic340 said:
Shinichi-Kun said:

Honestly this is a pretty good lead to follow once im all caught up and see the newest vote count i might help logic out on this train.
I moved off for now but revising this wont be a bad idea.

Boo i was looking forward to this train.

Anyawys im on page 15

Jun 8, 2017 8:20 AM

Dec 2013
PentaFlare said:
The_Pyromaani said:

Cause closed set-up is more enjoyable? At least imo it is.
Open games are just far less interesting.
Jun 8, 2017 8:21 AM

Jan 2010
PentaFlare said:

If you are willing to claim though I would appreciate it in this situation since town all seems to be gone right now. We'll play it pretending you are being run up.
I'm Hibana the Hider. I am so happy with this role because now I have the opportunity to evade the night kill which follows me so closely (8 times in 13 town games). I feel like this is kind of an informative role as well since depending on who I hide behind I know that they're either town or tpr and if I die then they were Mafia (ofc I'll share who I hid behind moments to phase change).

While I do think it would have been nice to be targeted and have them wasted a shot on me while hiding. Now that it's out there they can sip wine over where I'll hide or will I just chill at home?
edit: fixed game numbers
logic340Jun 8, 2017 8:37 AM

Jun 8, 2017 8:23 AM

Dec 2013
PentaFlare said:
wen294 said:

This will work. The problem is that there are almost no open set-ups played in MS. I play on another forum that almost exclusively plays open set-ups. This is how to play.

If you aren't going to be online at any point leading up to the phase change, you need to say that. It is a very important time, so if you are going to miss all of it and don't tell anyone, you aren't going to be given lynch immunity.

Quick note: It's not that i can't be online (well i can't be online during dinner. Hell if i know when exactly that'll be).
It's just that i don't really like it when it feels like i'm forced to be online. I just like to check in every now and then and do my stuff, when i feel forced to do something it just feels like a drag and that hurts for the enjoyment i get from a game, which in turn hurts my activity.
Jun 8, 2017 8:26 AM

Aug 2014
wen294 said:
PentaFlare said:

Quick note: It's not that i can't be online (well i can't be online during dinner. Hell if i know when exactly that'll be).
It's just that i don't really like it when it feels like i'm forced to be online. I just like to check in every now and then and do my stuff, when i feel forced to do something it just feels like a drag and that hurts for the enjoyment i get from a game, which in turn hurts my activity.

But you've been online plenty in the 7 hours leading up to lynch. If someone has a reason they can't, they should say so because it is an important time.
Jun 8, 2017 8:30 AM

Jan 2010
Shinichi-Kun said:

The whole roleplaying and fluff posts is just weird, either he feels like tpr.
I guess I could see the tpr thing. He dies weird plays to start almost every game so I didn't read too much into it. Though I did notice he didn't keep up with it for very long but I'm not sure if that really means anything?

Jun 8, 2017 8:32 AM

Dec 2013
PentaFlare said:
wen294 said:

But you've been online plenty in the 7 hours leading up to lynch. If someone has a reason they can't, they should say so because it is an important time.

Once every 40 minutes or so, because i happen to be doing something on my laptop, yeah.
On the other hand if i wanna go do something else that isn't on my laptop i'd have to go stop that and go back to this thread every now and then and that's just annoying to do. Capiche?
I don't like being inactive, but i don't like it when people force me to be active either.
Jun 8, 2017 8:34 AM

Sep 2014
Coelestin said:
Vote: reiynii
I don't see you accomplishing much here. Lemme see what you got for me <3
Well, it's true that I am not accomplishing as much as some of the other players but I don't see the point in just following one big train or two and going along with it.
I chose Abu so that I could both pressure him with my vote into coming back to the game and becoming active before the posts accumulate on him and because of everyone saying he is a lurker and him actually kind of being as such from what I noticed this game.
I'm having such a bad morning today, and won't be here for phase change but should be around for the next 3 hours before I have to go out
Jun 8, 2017 8:37 AM

Feb 2014
Since Logic claimed do we continue with the idea and pressure someone else?
I don't mind putting my vote if you think it'll help.
Jun 8, 2017 8:39 AM

Aug 2014
wen294 said:
PentaFlare said:

Once every 40 minutes or so, because i happen to be doing something on my laptop, yeah.
On the other hand if i wanna go do something else that isn't on my laptop i'd have to go stop that and go back to this thread every now and then and that's just annoying to do. Capiche?
I don't like being inactive, but i don't like it when people force me to be active either.

You aren't inactive though. I'm not saying always be on the thread, but 7 hours is a really long time to not check in unless you are sleeping the whole time. I'll gladly give someone a pass if they have a reason not to be on at that time, but if not, I do expect someone to aim to be present at least once leading up to the deadline.
Jun 8, 2017 8:40 AM

Jan 2010
SuzakuTsubasa said:
I am down for people voting who they are suspicious of rather than people voting to force claims.

Jun 8, 2017 8:40 AM

Aug 2014
SuzakuTsubasa said:

Yeah. I was just taking a moment to think about the claim. It seems fine to me, so I'm willing to move on to someone else for now unless a counterclaim comes through.
Jun 8, 2017 8:45 AM

Aug 2014
logic340 said:
SuzakuTsubasa said:
I am down for people voting who they are suspicious of rather than people voting to force claims.

You vote suspicious people to force claims. It isn't mutually exclusive
Jun 8, 2017 8:45 AM

Dec 2013
RE1031 said:
Reread and my reads list is a mess.

I'm actually pretty content with my vote right now. WTF is my target doing.

No offense to your vote but i still feel like its doing nothing, also should i be worried that im still neutral to you?.

I feel like Rei Rei is hiding something but that is just me.

Jun 8, 2017 8:46 AM

Aug 2014
Vote: reiynii
Jun 8, 2017 8:46 AM

Dec 2013
PentaFlare said:
wen294 said:

You aren't inactive though. I'm not saying always be on the thread, but 7 hours is a really long time to not check in unless you are sleeping the whole time. I'll gladly give someone a pass if they have a reason not to be on at that time, but if not, I do expect someone to aim to be present at least once leading up to the deadline.

Once is no problem but if you say pressure Grrr now and he isn't on untill 3 hours from now then those 3 hours wouldn't have gotten you anywhere.
Unless you say change votes and pressure to someone else but at that point in time the other person can just lurk when he notices the situation and play it off later. Since the votes are gone he has no further need to worsen his own situation if it means holding out for another day.
Idem for any other person really.
Jun 8, 2017 8:47 AM

Dec 2013
My scum reads right now are

Penta tho i believe he too be tpr is playing strangely
Grrr for pushing on mass claiming
Wen for being overly aggresive espically towards a new player makes it seem like hes hiding behind something.

Im also wary of
Re
Coel

Jun 8, 2017 8:48 AM

Dec 2013
Also i feel like we aren't really getting anything BUT claims from this and if that's the case why didn't we just accept grrr's massclaim plan in the first place...

And it's only usefull if people are on in time to counterclaim.
Jun 8, 2017 8:49 AM

Dec 2013
@Ironace you here? Might help some.
Jun 8, 2017 8:50 AM

Jan 2014
...?

What's gotten into you with being all popcorn-claimy in the last and this game Penta?
Jun 8, 2017 8:50 AM

Aug 2014
wen294 said:
Also i feel like we aren't really getting anything BUT claims from this and if that's the case why didn't we just accept grrr's massclaim plan in the first place...

And it's only usefull if people are on in time to counterclaim.

We should be getting things that aren't claims from this, but the problem is that a vast majority of the players aren't online and aren't reacting. There's a little more information being provided though.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (65) « First ... « 14 15 [16] 17 18 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» [GAME] (* ̄・ ̄)ノ Count to 30 Before a Slightly Inebriated Staff Member Posts! v4 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Togs - Jul 2, 2017

2866 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:07 AM

» [GAME] Last Letter Game ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

grave_robber - Sep 9, 2014

8750 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:06 AM

» Count To 7777 V3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Lambtron - May 15, 2018

1159 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:06 AM

» [GAME] Say something about the person above you ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Jul 19, 2014

3810 by Zymf »»
Jun 19, 2023 2:43 PM

» [GAME] Truth or dare (ToD) 2.0 [Round 5] ( 1 2 )

Lambtron - Mar 12, 2019

92 by Zymf »»
Jun 18, 2023 12:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.