Forum Settings
Forums
Kiss Me At the Stroke of Midnight
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 15, 2015 9:23 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Heh no wonder the artwork felt kinda similar...

Bit of cliche stuff so far but maybe the story will improve with this almost like a parody like way of characterizing the two main leads. Seems like the main guy Ayase isn't what everyone thinks in his private life L
Stark700May 18, 2015 3:18 PM
May 30, 2015 4:31 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
I think they add stuff that may seem cliche, then they turn it up a couple of notches. Like the OP said, it's probably a parody of the typical shoujo manga. I love reading manga that does just that lol.

I'm liking the chibi artwork, looks kind of unique.
Jul 30, 2015 7:55 PM

May 2013
Lol. I don't think this manga looks too promising. It's kind of creepy because he's like 24 and she's 16. I know I'll probably read this even though it's bad just to practice reading in a foreign language.
Sep 8, 2015 7:21 PM

Feb 2015

LOL So he likes butts just like me. XD That reaction to seeing her ass though.
And I don't get why she seems upset about it. What's wrong with a ''prince'' liking butts?

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 4, 2016 8:04 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
SchwingBoner said:

What's wrong with a ''prince'' liking butts?

That's not the "ideal" way a prince should behave in shoujo standards. xD
May 9, 2017 5:32 AM

Oct 2016
buunny said:
Lol. I don't think this manga looks too promising. It's kind of creepy because he's like 24 and she's 16. I know I'll probably read this even though it's bad just to practice reading in a foreign language.

I was searching hi and low for their age gap and damn. Why can't they make something like the kid is like almost college? Why always a freshman. Isn't child abuse?

It's bothering me but you know the feeling of wanting to read it. I'm so conflicted. Unless he doesn't make a move on her until she turns legal or something like in other shojo manga I've read.
May 9, 2017 5:45 AM

May 2013
xiashenghan said:
buunny said:

I was searching hi and low for their age gap and damn. Why can't they make something like the kid is like almost college? Why always a freshman. Isn't child abuse?

It's bothering me but you know the feeling of wanting to read it. I'm so conflicted. Unless he doesn't make a move on her until she turns legal or something like in other shojo manga I've read.

Even if she was almost in college, it's still a kid and waiting for her to grow up just to have sexually intimate relationship with her is still creepy. It's actually why I don't read a lot of shoujo anymore because when I was a kid, age gaps like that don't seem big, but when you're older, you're like he's 8 years older than her, that's a third of his life and half of her's. It's just downright predatory and it's weird to me how many titles are age gap now that I'm old enough to know it's weird.

Anyway, 2 years on, I'm no longer conflicted, there's plenty of normal romances without predatory age gaps to keep my heart beating.
May 9, 2017 6:10 AM

Oct 2016
buunny said:
xiashenghan said:

Even if she was almost in college, it's still a kid and waiting for her to grow up just to have sexually intimate relationship with her is still creepy. It's actually why I don't read a lot of shoujo anymore because when I was a kid, age gaps like that don't seem big, but when you're older, you're like he's 8 years older than her, that's a third of his life and half of her's. It's just downright predatory and it's weird to me how many titles are age gap now that I'm old enough to know it's weird.

Anyway, 2 years on, I'm no longer conflicted, there's plenty of normal romances without predatory age gaps to keep my heart beating.

I was like that as well. I don't mind the big age gap and all and it makes my heart flutter but nowadays it bothers me a lot. What's bothering is most of these shojo mangas are the one usually get licensed. It's like they're promoting it.

I guess I'll pass this one. I've read one that have big age gaps but the guy usually puts space between them and doesn't make a move on the girl because she's a minor. I guess I'll pass on this one. I'll just find other good shojo mangas...

May 9, 2017 10:12 AM

May 2013
xiashenghan said:
buunny said:

I was like that as well. I don't mind the big age gap and all and it makes my heart flutter but nowadays it bothers me a lot. What's bothering is most of these shojo mangas are the one usually get licensed. It's like they're promoting it.

I guess I'll pass this one. I've read one that have big age gaps but the guy usually puts space between them and doesn't make a move on the girl because she's a minor. I guess I'll pass on this one. I'll just find other good shojo mangas...

Exactly, and yeah I noticed that too, like this is licensed in English. They licensed some weird titles when I was younger, but that these shoujo are the ones being licensed as opposed to other titles which aren't creepy at all, but just as good is :/.

Is the other manga you're talking about the one with the guy in like the bunny or fox mask?
May 9, 2017 11:00 AM

Oct 2016
buunny said:
xiashenghan said:

Exactly, and yeah I noticed that too, like this is licensed in English. They licensed some weird titles when I was younger, but that these shoujo are the ones being licensed as opposed to other titles which aren't creepy at all, but just as good is :/.

Is the other manga you're talking about the one with the guy in like the bunny or fox mask?

I know. There are a lot of unlicensed mangas that are not in this age gap relationship that is creepy. One of the reasons I stopped before was because there's too much manga and anime with excessive fan service, creepy and just plain doesn't make any sense.

May 11, 2017 7:03 AM

May 2013
xiashenghan said:
buunny said:

I know. There are a lot of unlicensed mangas that are not in this age gap relationship that is creepy. One of the reasons I stopped before was because there's too much manga and anime with excessive fan service, creepy and just plain doesn't make any sense.

I knew it was one or the other. He's more than half her life older than her, in the other one I'm thinking of, she's even younger and he's even older like in thirties I think, which is just too gross and bizarre.

Either way I agree with you. It's why I've stopped in the past, too, but I find it is much more prevalent in shoujo manga and in slice of life/seinen manga. So, I've started to avoid those. It has pushed me towards reading more "book" books as opposed to comic books and manga, too.
Apr 16, 2018 9:30 AM
Apr 2018
It was a good manga
May 14, 2020 11:53 AM

Oct 2016
buunny said:
xiashenghan said:

I knew it was one or the other. He's more than half her life older than her, in the other one I'm thinking of, she's even younger and he's even older like in thirties I think, which is just too gross and bizarre.

Either way I agree with you. It's why I've stopped in the past, too, but I find it is much more prevalent in shoujo manga and in slice of life/seinen manga. So, I've started to avoid those. It has pushed me towards reading more "book" books as opposed to comic books and manga, too.

Right. Almost half of what they're publishing now are age gaps and I'm like
I DON'T HAVE ANYTHING TO READ!!!

Giving the series a 2nd chance just for the sake of my best friend since she likes this.
Now I'm thinking: "Am I supposed to swoon about a perverted guy?" >_<
May 21, 2020 10:30 PM

Jul 2012
Art? Amazing. Both guy and girl are incredibly good looking, the fashion is good, everything is SUPER polished. One of the MOST well drawn shoujo I have read so far.

Its not that bad. The drama is a bit cringe (famous guy, someone stole the shoes and tweeted, his manager gets angry) but its def different from most shoujo I've seen. I don't know how I feel about this age gap so far and the guy is def CREEPY but I'm conflicted because he's good looking and seems like a genuine person. A bit aloof actually.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gozen 0-ji, Kiss shi ni Kite yo Chapter 29 Discussion

Short_Circut - Aug 10, 2021

0 by Short_Circut »»
Aug 10, 2021 3:39 PM

Poll: » Gozen 0-ji, Kiss shi ni Kite yo Chapter 36 Discussion

Mayuka - May 22, 2020

0 by Mayuka »»
May 22, 2020 4:24 AM

Poll: » Gozen 0-ji, Kiss shi ni Kite yo Chapter 14 Discussion

Mayuka - May 22, 2020

0 by Mayuka »»
May 22, 2020 12:35 AM

Poll: » Gozen 0-ji, Kiss shi ni Kite yo Chapter 13 Discussion

shanimebib - Feb 17, 2017

2 by Mayuka »»
May 22, 2020 12:23 AM

Poll: » Gozen 0-ji, Kiss shi ni Kite yo Chapter 6 Discussion

shanimebib - Oct 19, 2016

1 by Mayuka »»
May 21, 2020 11:01 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.