Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 29, 2017 9:59 AM
Aug 2015
thebrentinator24 said:
Lol after 30 episodes Eren finally got his first kill (not including any Titans he killed in his titan form).

Ymir risked her life to save Historia and the others, she was pretty badass in her Titan form. Luckily Eren and everyone else showed up just in the nick of time to bail them out.

Next week's revelations should be good judging by the preview, assuming no one has already been spoiled, which would be an amazing feat.

Yeah! Finally he's got his first kill! I laughed so much when he said "My first kill!" xD
The episode was really good, although Ymir and Christa are my least favorite characters among the 104th. Ymir was badass. And next episode is going to be impressive!!
Apr 29, 2017 10:00 AM

Oct 2013
joe_g7 said:
I'm pretty annoyed about the fact that this season keeps jumping back in time every time there's something big about to happen, a huge 'FUCK YOU' to whoever decided to do that.

Actually this flashback was suppose to happen before Ymir is reveal to be a titan, the anime staff change that and put the flashback after her reveal, which I think was the better choice, since that would literally reveal she is a titan before her actual reveal.

Not only that they did not have any choice, since they finish adapting chapter 41, in chapter 42 which will be the next episode, would not have any ending point to end the episode with, unless this episode would be like 40 minutes long.

So in my opinion as a manga reader as well, the directing so far is pretty good. Basically scenes are being rearranged from the manga, so the anime can have a better pacing and ending point.

On_the_Lam said:
Can someone tell me what exactly Annie wanted to do with Eren during the scouting mission, or will it be revealed soon?

To capture him.
Apr 29, 2017 10:00 AM
Feb 2016
Eren really has a problem with killing things he hates.
Apr 29, 2017 10:01 AM

Sep 2013
Never thought I'd get to see Thomas again. :D
Apr 29, 2017 10:02 AM

Oct 2015
What a satisfying episode. It had the best animation of the whole series so far. Historia looked damn beautiful at the end as she told Ymir her name. And best of all, I don't have to keep calling her Krista anymore to hide the spoiler. I didn't like Ymir much in the manga because of how Isayama draws her expressions and coupled with her harsh personality. She felt like a cold bitch to me even to Historia but the anime's portrayal turned me around. She's now one of my favorites. So that's just about every side character in this series I like more than Eren, Mikasa and Armin.

5/5 episode. Next one will be fun.
Apr 29, 2017 10:10 AM

Jul 2014
Massive fuck you to whoever decided to screw up the pacing and the flow by lobbing in that 12 minute flashback after how last week's episode ended (and seemingly doing so whenever an episode ends on a major revelation of some sort). And then Ymir dies (at least, it's presented as such) after we see her Titan form - which was agile but honestly pretty lame - just the once. Fitting, I suppose, but I can't help but feel frustrated by it. Still, it was a good enough episode, but I just want to see more of the Beast Titan again; he's by far the most interesting aspect of this second season, so it'd be nice to see him more.
Apr 29, 2017 10:12 AM

May 2016
All I can say is, Historia is waifu
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Apr 29, 2017 10:15 AM

Apr 2015
They got a really deep friendship now feelsgoodman.

Dat preview tho lol. Something bad is coming...
Apr 29, 2017 10:23 AM

Sep 2014
the flashback was a bit weird. Too long for how little happened. The Christa - Ymir relation is still underdeveloped imo.
Also it took them to many episodes for just the tower stuff - it feels like a 2 cour but it isnt. Im still upset yes.

Also when the titan was about to grab christa I was like "Come on magical plot armor, do something! This death would be way to obvious, AoT kills more surprisingly. Time for the heros to come!" Annnd then mikasa came.
This is bad. Like really bad for. In AoT people should die, not get saved by magic. The false deathflag that cant be because its obvious shouldnt exist. I hope it gets better from now on.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Apr 29, 2017 10:23 AM
Aug 2014
just like yesterday was a Berserk day, today is an Attack on Titan day!
Apr 29, 2017 10:28 AM

Nov 2011
wow I didn't remember much of the flashback, but it seems it had some additional scenes. It was interesting, but I wanted more of Ymir Smash.
That preview tho, get hyped for next week.
Baby, daijobanai...
Apr 29, 2017 10:33 AM
Jul 2018
This was an awesome epiaode
Ymir :(
Historia is a beautiful name
When Mikasa saved her and Eren's first kill were amazing
Apr 29, 2017 10:35 AM
Aug 2015
keragamming said:

On_the_Lam said:
Can someone tell me what exactly Annie wanted to do with Eren during the scouting mission, or will it be revealed soon?

To capture him.

But for what reason exactly? What would she achieve by doing so?
Apr 29, 2017 10:36 AM

Jun 2015
Is Ymir dead? I don't want her to go but the damage is severe.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Apr 29, 2017 10:38 AM

Oct 2013
Comander-07 said:
the flashback was a bit weird. Too long for how little happened. The Christa - Ymir relation is still underdeveloped imo.
Also it took them to many episodes for just the tower stuff - it feels like a 2 cour but it isnt. Im still upset yes.

Also when the titan was about to grab christa I was like "Come on magical plot armor, do something! This death would be way to obvious, AoT kills more surprisingly. Time for the heros to come!" Annnd then mikasa came.
This is bad. Like really bad for. In AoT people should die, not get saved by magic. The false deathflag that cant be because its obvious shouldnt exist. I hope it gets better from now on.

Since you said their relationship is still underdeveloped, maybe the flashback should have taken up the whole entire episode? smh, their relationship is simple, but not underdeveloped at all, its pretty obvious, that their bond is so strong because they are in a similar position, and one has overcome their fear, while the other still hasn't.

Your last sentence is just dumb, on a writing standpoint it would be dumb to kill off a character that has just recently been reveal to be very important to the plot, Yeah, lets kill the girl that we still haven't learned anything about, for shock value, yeah that makes sense.

Also what magic are you talking about? You knew that they were heading to castle utguard from episode 3, a lot person actually thought the back up squad would have come last episode, so its not like they came out of no where.

it feels like a 2 cour but it isnt. Im still upset yes.

Whether the series is 2 cour or just 5 episodes, the anime staff wont skip important details from the manga just to please you guys.

People bitch about anime not being faithful to the source material, well this season has been 99% faithful to the source material, but for some reason, people want the anime staff to skip flash backs and other important details, which would turn the series into a train wreck since a lot of things wont make sense.

@On_the_Lam

You will find that out this season.

@Tengai

That is their relationship back story, not their actual back story.
keragammingApr 29, 2017 10:47 AM
Apr 29, 2017 10:41 AM
Jun 2016
Although Ymir's showdown stole it, Eren finally killing a titan with his gear gave her scene a run for her money. lol . I did not expect that the title of this episode actually had meaning with one of the characters. Next episode seems boss!
Apr 29, 2017 10:50 AM

Jul 2014
Did Ymir actually tell Christa how she survived the fall from the cliff? Their talk definitely gave me the impression she did, if yes, then why does Christa have no memory about it?
And the fact that Ymir's titan form looks exactly the same which killed Reiner and Bertholt's relatives raises up some questions too...

Oh and shit lmao, I totally forgot Eren literally killed his very first Titan as a prey in the form of a human, took us 4 years to see that.
Apr 29, 2017 10:52 AM

Apr 2017
Just like Reiner said, gotta marry her
cunnysseur
Apr 29, 2017 10:55 AM

Sep 2014
keragamming said:
Comander-07 said:

Since you said their relationship is still underdeveloped, maybe the flashback should have taken up the whole entire episode? smh, their relationship is simple, but not underdeveloped at all, its pretty obvious, that their bond is so strong because they are in a similar position, and one has overcome their fear, while the other still hasn't.

Your last sentence is just dumb, on a writing standpoint it would be dumb to kill off a character that has just recently been reveal to be very important to the plot, Yeah, lets kill the girl that we still haven't learned anything about, for shock value, yeah that makes sense.

Also what magic are you talking about, you knew that they were heading to castle utguard from episode 3, a lot person actually thought the back up squad would have come last episode, so its not like they came out of no where.

Whether the series is 2 cour or just 5 episodes, the anime staff wont skip important details from the manga just to please you guys.

People bitch about anime not being faithful to the source material, well this season has been 99% faithful to the source material, but for some reason, people want the anime staff to skip flash backs and other important details, which would turn the series into a train wreck since a lot of things wont make sense.

@On_the_Lam

Considering how obvious the bond betweem them is it was unnecessary for the flashback to take this long. especially after they showed us ymir is a titan before. Nothing was added to the relation. You could have literally skipped that part and you would have missed nothing. (maybe you would miss how bad the military training is, like they left 3 comrades behind and where not even scolded for it.)

You totally missed the point about that part. my point is that the way the scene was handled totally made it obvious that christa wont die. And im not watching Aot for obvious things like this.

You mean dont skip important information like they did in season 1?
Also this is my anime list and not my adaption list. Just because an anime is a faithfull adaption doesnt mean its a good anime. And its not even that faithfull considering how often they change things.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Apr 29, 2017 11:02 AM

Oct 2013
Comander-07 said:
keragamming said:

Also what magic are you talking about, you knew that they were heading to castle utguard from episode 3, a lot person actually thought the back up squad would have come last episode, so its not like they came out of no where.

@On_the_Lam

Considering how obvious the bond betweem them is it was unnecessary for the flashback to take this long. especially after they showed us ymir is a titan before. Nothing was added to the relation. You could have literally skipped that part and you would have missed nothing. (maybe you would miss how bad the military training is, like they left 3 comrades behind and where not even scolded for it.)

You totally missed the point about that part. my point is that the way the scene was handled totally made it obvious that christa wont die. And im not watching Aot for obvious things like this.

You mean dont skip important information like they did in season 1?
Also this is my anime list and not my adaption list. Just because an anime is a faithful adaption doesnt mean its a good anime. And its not even that faithful considering how often they change things.

They added a bit of filler in the flashback and yes this was a bit of padding so the episode would end at a certain point, Since the next chapter there is no good ending point there, so they had no choice but to do what they did, and I think it was pretty good filler with the flashback.

And this flashback was suppose to happen before she reveals to be a titan, so it was a good move to the anime team to switch this flashback scene after the reveal, because this flashback would have made the Ymir reveal even more obvious.

You totally missed the point about that part. my point is that the way the scene was handled totally made it obvious that christa wont die. And I'm not watching Aot for obvious things like this.

What could the anime staff had done about that scene? Its from the manga. I'm just playing devils advocate here, to show you that their are good reason why the anime staff took this approach.
Apr 29, 2017 11:05 AM

Mar 2015
Jesus Christ! What's with this absurd amount of spoon feeding?
P.S. Historia VA sucks. It's like listening to a badly acted play.
Apr 29, 2017 11:06 AM
Oct 2016
wait, i dont remember ymir dying in the manga, if shes dead, i am curious how they will fill the parts where she was important. NEXT EP : HYPE!
Apr 29, 2017 11:19 AM
Feb 2017
I SWEAR TO GOD IF YMIR DIES I'M JUST DONE
Apr 29, 2017 11:24 AM

Apr 2016
Historia.... I like it.
Also that preview damnnn I'm hype.
YMIR BETTER LIVE
Apr 29, 2017 11:27 AM
Sep 2016
When Marco appeared, I could just feel the fangirl stares... sent a shiver down my spine..

Really sad about Ymir but needing more information!!
Apr 29, 2017 11:28 AM

May 2016
Shit boy ... Mikasa is waifu
Apr 29, 2017 11:35 AM

May 2012
Damn R.I.P. Ymir. You finally got your wish.
Apr 29, 2017 11:40 AM
Dec 2013
So Christa's real name is Historia? Whatever. I'm still going to call her Christa. I wonder if everyone in the anime will start calling her Historia now, or if they're still going to keep calling her Christa.
Apr 29, 2017 12:22 PM

May 2015
They made Ymir and Historia's flashback longer, not that I mind or anything. Good way to immerse yourself a little bit more in their story.

Great episode though. Can't wait for the next episode after that preview! It should get really good once again!

Apr 29, 2017 12:29 PM

Jan 2011
Not bad just keeping on point with the manga. This is actually where I really started to like the series.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Apr 29, 2017 12:30 PM

Dec 2014
Mikasa :') I miss her badassery.

This episode was meh. I didn't care much for Ymir and Historia that much but still nice development.

Ah! Can't wait for more.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 29, 2017 12:41 PM

Dec 2016
Is so fucking a great episode !!
I can't wait
(I'm manga reader)
Apr 29, 2017 12:41 PM
Dec 2014
Tengai said:
that's their backstory? i expected more.
cool fighting scenes as always, though.

There is more of their backstory, but not all of them will be in this season.
Apr 29, 2017 12:44 PM
Sep 2016
This was more than I expected, it was just min-blowing, literally, HOOOWWWW.
Though I am not gonna deny we should have seen this coming, but I am really curious what the secret was if it wasn't the fact that
Can't wait to watch next weeks episode WARRIOR, it sounds intriguing.
vintagenightApr 29, 2017 12:54 PM
Apr 29, 2017 12:47 PM

Dec 2015
This episode was amazing. Ymir is so badass! and Historia is so cute.
The animation and OST is really good.
HYPE for next episode intensifies!
Apr 29, 2017 12:53 PM
Jan 2012
Great episode. Can't wait to see what the secret is next week!
Apr 29, 2017 12:56 PM
Jun 2015
I have been developing theories about the story & analyzing the OP & ED, it all fell apart in this episode LOL.

Great pace and good episode!
Mikasa scene was the best so far!
Apr 29, 2017 12:58 PM

Sep 2015
huehue thought it was Levi who saved her for a sec
Apr 29, 2017 1:02 PM
Feb 2016
10 10 10 10 10 10 Aweasome! :P We already know Mikasa will be Levi, DAMN! :D
Apr 29, 2017 1:09 PM
Jul 2014
Season 2 continues to meet my expectations, what a great episode. Always loved the Ymir and Historia(can finally say her real name) moments. The animation during the fight scenes were also great, they portrayed Ymir's agility in her titan form real well here I thought.

Next week though...y'all ain't ready.
Apr 29, 2017 1:15 PM

Feb 2015
This was an amazing episode, hands down. 5/5
Ymir needs more love, and as a manga reader, anime adaption isn't helping me at all to like Historia more, which is a shame.
Ymir is <3

Apr 29, 2017 1:20 PM
Dec 2016
Great episode :D i loved the flashbacks...and even greater episodes incoming
Apr 29, 2017 1:27 PM

Oct 2016
so...why no Annie in the Flashback? :O
Apr 29, 2017 1:29 PM

Sep 2015
Mikasa and gang coming in to save the day was cool. Can we go back to Mikasa and friends now? Can't care any less about Historia and Ymir.
Apr 29, 2017 1:32 PM

Sep 2015
Y NO RUN AWAY YMIR!? before or after the tower fall is there any abnormal runner titans?
Into the Internet!
Apr 29, 2017 1:32 PM

Oct 2011
The updated Vogel Im kafig soundtrack that played when Ymir jumped off the tower! Made the episode for me (and of course Mikasa showing up)
Apr 29, 2017 1:46 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
They are doing suuucchhh a good adapting this. Really well done. It's a bloody shame they are only doing 12 episodes though.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 29, 2017 1:50 PM

Oct 2013
Historia, what a dope name. Parents did a good job.

And Eren killed his first without needing his titan form lol
Apr 29, 2017 2:01 PM

Jan 2015
Did Christa lie when she told the others she didn't know about Ymir being a titan? Because, it looked like Ymir told her, but she really acted well if she lied...

Also DAMN, I thought Eren already had a first in human form...lol
(Historia sounds stupid, gonna keep calling her Christa)
Apr 29, 2017 2:04 PM

Aug 2015
i forgot this anime cameback 5/5 or whatever good shit
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - May 12, 2017

496 by Magicallykitten »»
Apr 13, 4:26 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - May 6, 2017

931 by Angel_crush1 »»
Mar 31, 5:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Jun 15, 2017

689 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Mar 14, 11:16 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Apr 21, 2017

465 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Mar 14, 12:17 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Jun 9, 2017

525 by Apreggi »»
Mar 11, 5:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.