Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Magical Girl Raising Project (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Dec 10, 2016 7:33 PM

Sep 2013
Cranberry is here to fuck shit u- aaand she's gone.

That was a brutal way to go. But good for Tama! She was practically a nobody until she took out the strongest magical girl in Cranberry! Since there's 4 left, I hope she does well now that the killing game is ov-

And there goes Tama too...WHAT THE FUCK SWIM SWIM!? She was so innocent...

Ripple vs Swim Swim next week. Should be interesting.

3/5- Jesus, two girls died within seconds of each other. Though it was brutal, it wasn't written well (just like how most deaths in the series). The only depressing ones were Top Speed and Sister Nana. Though I feel bad for Tama, I did not like how they showed us who she was before becoming a magical girl after the fact she was dead.

The Top Speed flashbacks/goodbye with Ripple were well done and hit my feels pretty good. Other than that, the rest of the episode was average. I also loved how Ruler showed she cared enough about Tama to go as far as to help her with her homework while Tama's family practically gave up on her. Really happy to see a lot of Top Speed and Ruler this episode despite them being dead.
TehSnawnDec 10, 2016 7:38 PM

Dec 10, 2016 7:38 PM

Nov 2011
I've been wondering what would Happen if Tama would scratch someone...and now we know...that was pretty cool.

Other then that, my god what a cringe-worthy episode. Forced feels and more non-sense. This anime gets worse by the week...also why the hell is Snow White even alive?!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Summer 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Dec 10, 2016 7:40 PM

Aug 2008
i keep reading talk about "first arc magic girls" and "second arc magic girls" from those who, i assume, have read the light novel. what is this, gantz?

my god my own hype is real for another season of ikusei keikaku - is there enough source material out to allow it yet? though, there'll prob have to be good sales of the LNs or of this show to justify it.

also, kind of bummed that the introduction to the series, the first couple of seconds of the first episode, were a foreshadowing of a flashback (weird use) instead of a foreshadowing of actual events to come. was expecting something along the lines of like in gantz where a bunch of people to protect the world or fight a common enemy are brought together and get epically slaughtered. my bias towards gantz is very evident
Dec 10, 2016 7:42 PM

Jun 2013
So Tama really can make holes in people. But what a way to repay her. Tama was bound to die, but I did not expect Swim to kill her, even though she just saved her ass back there. Cranberry was pretty shocked to see a little grade school kid taking part in this brutality. Swim is just a hypnotized kid who is doing stuff with the sole purpose being to become like the very Ruler she killed herself. She is doing whatever without taking anything else into consideration. She killed Tama, even though Tama didn't do anything wrong. Knowing her identity wouldn't have been bad for Swim in any way, but she was told to kill those who know her identity and that's what she did. Poor Tama. I was expecting something else out of her given episode 9, but oh well. She did what she did because she considered Swim to be one of the few friends she has. She didn't expect this outcome though.

This was supposed to be an emotionally charged episode, but it fell short because the characters who were remembered were slightly lacking in impacting deaths and stuff.

Fav has moved on to a new master and has even started selling her off. That bastard. In the end, the one pulling the strings was Fav. The previous selection exam was also turned into a massacre thanks to Fav letting the demon out of control. Now Ripple has to figure out how to defeat Swim with light or sound by using whatever abilities she has. The game was supposed to have ended, but Fav found another excuse to continue it. I like what they did with the next episode's title.
Dec 10, 2016 7:45 PM

Jul 2016
Like everyone else is saying: fuck Swim Swim. She isn't a "good girl in bad situation", she's a damn psychopath and needs to be killed.

Tama saved her ass (I never thought we'd see Tama's power utilized in such a brutal way) and what does Swim Swim do as thanks? Kills her. Seriously, Swim Swim is the worst. Also, all my favorite characters keep dying in the show. La Pucelle, Top Speed, Hardgore Alice, Tama...

I used to really dislike Ruler but compared to the rest of the antagonists in the show Ruler was really not so bad and Tama's flashback shows that she did actually care about her subjects, she just didn't know how to show it.
Dec 10, 2016 8:01 PM

Jul 2015
I can see several outcomes to this.

1. Ripple or Swim Swim dies. snow white just continues to exist.

2.Ripple and Swim Swim kill eachother. Snow white becomes top magical girl.

3.Snow white does something . (most likely in my opinion.)

4.noone dies.(Not gonna Happen.)

Now more important than that and seeing as i can't see anyone mentioning it just remember we have the old Chekhov gun 4-dimension bag. With the knowledge that anything could potentially be in that bag or that the bag can likely hold anything(not sure about this personally if theres a limit to what it can hold or how much) i can see ripple winning based on shear luck and or cunning. so with that said i'll put option number 5 and 6 here.

5.Ripple "locks" swim swim in the bad. Either straight kills her or traps her.

6. Something in the bag comes into play. Whether ripple Swim Swim or Snow White use and or gets killed by it is all up in the air.

Anyway i kinda have stopped caring about whos alive(aside from maybe ripple.) at this point. I mean alice is dead and that hurt me the most. Snow would be better if she had thoughts and the like or actually did something for once(heres hoping)
Swim swim is meh to me. I can see wanting her dead but I'm the type who wants the bad guy to win so either of is good. At least they did Swim Swim right in the sense that shes a character thats easy to hate. But for her to be a good character she needs motives which i can't seem to find . oh well I'm just rambling.

All in all I've enjoyed this mostly so far (me with my horrible dark sense of humor) so as long as they don't majorly screw up the ending to this one i'll be fine with it.
MafuyulovesuDec 10, 2016 8:13 PM
Dec 10, 2016 8:02 PM

May 2015
Zefyris said:
I knew it after seeing where the previous episode stopped, but I'll have to say that I'm fairly disappointed that Lerche doesn't intend to make the 12th episode the extra chapter. They even went as far as adding original scenes in that one, like the ripple /top speed illusion, and the ripple magical transformation completely out of place.
Magical girls in Mahoiku don't take that long to transform, it's pretty much instantaneous.
They could have definitely put the content in 11 episodes rather than 12 and use the 12th for the extra chapter. As it stands, peoples will miss ton of explanations as well as a good sneak peak of the direction the story takes after this first arc.

I was thinking the same thing too. Perhaps this might be the only season for the anime.
Dec 10, 2016 8:08 PM

May 2015
Oniikami said:
i keep reading talk about "first arc magic girls" and "second arc magic girls" from those who, i assume, have read the light novel. what is this, gantz?

my god my own hype is real for another season of ikusei keikaku - is there enough source material out to allow it yet? though, there'll prob have to be good sales of the LNs or of this show to justify it.

also, kind of bummed that the introduction to the series, the first couple of seconds of the first episode, were a foreshadowing of a flashback (weird use) instead of a foreshadowing of actual events to come. was expecting something along the lines of like in gantz where a bunch of people to protect the world or fight a common enemy are brought together and get epically slaughtered. my bias towards gantz is very evident

There's enough source material.
Dec 10, 2016 9:26 PM

Nov 2008
Such Bullshit. Obviously poor writing.

Swimswim should have died with Cranberry's soundwave nuke but NOOOO she has to just survive that shit. Cranberry literally put her hands inside Swimswim's body and filling blast that erases the large radius surrounding her. Then Tama would deal the finishing blow against Cranberry.

This killing would have been over with Snow White, Ripple and Tama left alive.

But then again this Fav would just BS another rule to get more killings occur.

So mad Tama dies. I hope this bullshit will end on next episode with Snow White and Ripple left alive and overthrow this monokuma bitch.
DenjaXDec 10, 2016 9:38 PM

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Dec 10, 2016 9:42 PM
Mar 2016
My current opinion on Swim Swim. Fuck her. In a good way. I still think it makes sense how this 7 year old became a psychopath and accomplishes her goals the way she does even if the show executives this badly. Her situation and Ruler has taught her that she has to take immediate action (murder in this case) in order to survive, which is why she killed Tama on the spot instead of thinking of a way to spare her or just risking herself getting killed. Swim is not a good person but not to the point of being incapable of having feelings (when he cried after killing Tama) Basically Swim Swim is a good villain in my book and doesn't have those generic goals or personality.

Rip Cramberry. She caused a hole lot of trouble for these girls. Also anticlimactic death.

Rip Tama. We didn't know you that well until the end. Her back story I could kind of relate to with not being good at anything, except hers is more depressing and I'm just too lazy to improve myself. Into the hole you go (ok I'm sorry for the hole jokes I'm getting ahead of myself).

Ok I don't hate Ruler as much anymore. Good to see that she was actually nice before this death game started.

Wonder what Ripple put in the bag.

Snow White needs to do something. I don't mind if she chooses the pacifist route, the show could let her do something else like being an observer or narrator of the events that happen, like what Madoka did.

Decent episode. Can't wait for the finale.
Dec 10, 2016 10:19 PM
Nov 2010
Oniikami said:

This is only volume 1 out of 10
Dec 10, 2016 10:29 PM

Jul 2014
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck, kill Swim Swim!!!

Poor Tama, she had done it well :_(

This show piss me off with the deaths but i still like it.
Dec 10, 2016 11:27 PM

Nov 2012
well cranberry's death was anticlimactic as fuck, expected some bigger showdown there.
Dec 10, 2016 11:36 PM

Oct 2016
demmet , swim swim strikes again .. well, too many feels this episode
Dec 10, 2016 11:42 PM

Oct 2010
This week on "She got backstory, she's going to die!" we see that the two characters that got backstory ended up dead.

Redundant post is redundant.
Dec 11, 2016 1:36 AM
May 2016
I feel like both Ripple and Swim will die and Snow will be the top magical girl, or someone between them will die.

MrJc said:
Oniikami said:

This is only volume 1 out of 10

What? really, so what's the 2-10 about if the characters are already dead, is that something to do with fav's world or something that will make sense with the death battles?
Dec 11, 2016 2:28 AM

Mar 2013
Oniikami said:

This anime only cover the bottom one.

xshirino said:
This anime just kept disappointing me episode after episode and I reached the peak of disappointment after seeing how easily Cranberry was killed.I just can't...I don't know how things are in the LN and I am honestly curious about it, after reading everyone's comments in here, but this is probably one of the most confusing and hasty anime I've ever seen.

The series love cheapshot. You can expect the strongest always get taken out in suprise or creatively.
I mean, almost all of Swim Swim kill are cheapshot.
fateoffateDec 11, 2016 2:38 AM
Dec 11, 2016 2:47 AM

Apr 2012
Damn the entire fight was me going "what the hell"

I knew it, Tama CAN make holes in people! Way to go girl.

Hail Swim Swim. I goddamn love her character.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Dec 11, 2016 2:53 AM
Dec 2015
Honestly, I think Ripple and Top Speed are the only likeable characters in this show. Snow White is freaking lame, how about YOU try to stop them, just accept that's how life works. While Swim Swim is a person who is obedient. I mean, SUPER obedient, she's an obsessed person who likes to be like Ruler. With two Os.
Dec 11, 2016 3:29 AM

Mar 2014
Wow, Cranberry death was riduclpouos, getting cuaght in the the actiona nd letting your guard down...very disappointing :/.

Tama another innocent girl dies at the hands of this psycholgiocal Girl...kinda hard to watch but was expected.

I know u are all are giving trash on The MC Snow White but Really I dont imagine her pulling out some fighting moves or such anytime soon. A Magical girl fromthe beginning to the end I guess.....

Lol its kinda of crazy wishing death on a emo little girl that has taken the game too far and reality itself...
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Dec 11, 2016 3:29 AM

Jan 2012
Oniikami said:

Like someone else showed a picture, there are the following Arcs:
Arc 1: Unmarked (this anime which also adapted parts of Episodes(Vol. 4) which contains sidestories)
Arc 2: Restart (Vol. 2+3)
Arc 3: Limited (Vol. 5+6)
Arc 4: JOKERS (Vol. 7)
Arc 5: ACES (Vol. 8)
Vol. 9 (again sidestories)
and now Arc 6: QUEENS (Vol. 10)

Cant say much else, without spoilering the direction. But yeah each Arc has its own cast of magical girls with some old survivers. But yeah theres more than enough material for a few more seasons if we get lucky.

Also btw. Cranberry wasnt shocked that Swim Swim was a child, so she hesitated to kill her. She was more surprised that such a young child had so much of a potential and reminded her of her own past, as she was also quite young in her own selection test.
Dec 11, 2016 3:30 AM

Jul 2014
Lelouch0202 said:
The opening sequence was pretty interesting, I suppose that was one of the very first games which ended in Cranberry winning. Wonder if any information regarding this project will be explained next episode, though I doubt it.
It was not the first one (as there was another master who died) but it's likely it was the second one. And it seems Cranberry was much younger there. I wonder how many years ago it was and how many iterations of the project have already passed.
mozgowDec 11, 2016 5:47 AM
Dec 11, 2016 4:07 AM

Apr 2011
Well Cranberry is now half the mahou shoujo she used to be. But that's what she get for killing La Pucelle.

Poor Tama-chan. She was such a sweet girl. Even if she was bad at school she's a nice girl. I'm digusted at her mom and little bro how they see her as trash.

Final fight last episode. Who will win?
Dec 11, 2016 4:29 AM

Oct 2015
Zefyris said:
I knew it after seeing where the previous episode stopped, but I'll have to say that I'm fairly disappointed that Lerche doesn't intend to make the 12th episode the extra chapter. They even went as far as adding original scenes in that one, like the ripple /top speed illusion, and the ripple magical transformation completely out of place.
Magical girls in Mahoiku don't take that long to transform, it's pretty much instantaneous.
They could have definitely put the content in 11 episodes rather than 12 and use the 12th for the extra chapter. As it stands, peoples will miss ton of explanations as well as a good sneak peak of the direction the story takes after this first arc.
how many arcs are there?
Dec 11, 2016 4:56 AM

Feb 2014
Welp. My prediction for the last four girls was wrong. >_<

It's almost ironic that the strongest magical girl was killed off by the weakest one. Cranberry was making easy work of Swim Swim, until Tama landed a surprise strike, which blew her up in one go. Tama's power is not only useful for making holes in the ground for traps, but it's also useful for OHKO's as well. =P

Sadly, she saw Swim Swim's true identity and was annoyingly killed off. The flashback of Tama that followed after her death makes me want to give a 'Rubbish Mother Award' to her mother. Her younger brother doesn't want to be associated with her at all, so he's on my shitlist too. At least her grandmother was really nice to her, but she sadly died. D=

More to the point, Ruler did a much better job at helping Tama than her mother did. She might be very harsh at times, but Ruler did a good job at helping those in need. =)

Although Fav is now calling Swim Swim master, she doesn't seem to care much about him, so I'm not surprised that he's giving Ripple a big hint about her weakness before the two of them face off against one another.

Let's hope that THIS TIME, Swim Swim will meet her maker, but if Ripple wins, what will Ripple do once Fav tells her more about the Magical Girl Raising Project? More importantly, will Snow White be involved in anyway in Ripple and Swim Swim's battle?

I hope the last episode can answer these questions.
Dec 11, 2016 4:58 AM

Dec 2015
This anime doesn't cease to impress me on how cruel it can be. Let's see last chapter...

OMG I feel so alone while watching this.
Dec 11, 2016 5:46 AM

Aug 2016
RIP Tama.

That is all.

Once we seize space, we'll all...
Dec 11, 2016 5:53 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
My god never thought Tama actually had fearsome power at her disposal, one little scratch from her and boom......
Tama = Yoshikage Kira + Akame

Swim Swim gets more and more cruel as the episode goes on

Ruler was actually kind I see, no wonder her followers were still loyal to her even though she badmouthed them quite often

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Dec 11, 2016 6:00 AM

Feb 2015
Next episode - Swim Swim dies. There is no way Ripple is going to let her live.
R.I.P. Tama. :(
(TOPPPP SPEEEDD NOOO)

Dec 11, 2016 8:02 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
I think will watch a second season, this nos finished the next week ....ummmm
Dec 11, 2016 8:30 AM

May 2009
Zefyris said:

Well, adaptations are rarely a 1:1 of the original content. Scome scenes may habe been added or cut to fit into the anime format.
Ripple transformation may feel out of place but I felt it's like the representation of her last moment being a "truly" Magical Girl, before avenging Top Speed.
Usualy transformations sequences seems long, but in reality they are always almost instant. (More like a fanservice sequence when the time is stopped)
Giving the explanation about how the flow of the story will point would be more logical if they would want to do another season later.
At least, you made me want to read the original content with all the information you add to give more insight about what happens. :)

CaramelleAngel said:
got a couple more tears out of me this episode. thank god this is almost over lmfao. I just feel dead inside.

I still haven't really gotten the "why" part of the magical girl raising project, other than this being a second iteration(?) of it. And it seems like we won't really get it either, which is disappointing. The edgy factor stopped being funny after about 3-4 episodes in. Now i'm just tired.

Well, all the clues are lying with Fav.

twitwi47 said:
I just hate how fast the fight between Swim Swim and Cranberry was. I expected at least a good 10 or so minutes but we instead got random clips that are out of place, and flashbacks that were too dragged on. I loved the light novel but I feel like this story is too long for 12-13 episodes...but too short for around 23-24 episodes. It feels so rushed these past few episodes. Like they are only showing us the highlights of a fight or removing some well needed 'oomph" to certain scenes that could have been more emotionally impactfull like the thoughts that were racing through Mary's mind before thousands of shards of glass penetrated her or Sister Nana' final thoughts and last words before hanging herself with Winterprion's scarf. I feel like this would have been a better experience for someone that didn't read the light novel...so let me know how the anime has been for you so far.

Well, it seems like the same issues Erased had when I read its comments.
As an adaptation into an anime format (12x20min), it felt very convincing for me. Unfortunatly, the pacing in an anime and in a book is not the same so there is some details (mainly thoughts usualy) that won't be presented, but as a reader, I completely understand you find it lacking.

qetou said:
Honestly, I just cant feel anything with all these magical girls dying left and right. Their deaths are too fast and random and their characters are not developed enough to produce any emotions.

This show is a good example of a good idea poorly executed.
Mahou shoujo madoka magica is a similar show, but executed right.

Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica ain't a similar show.
You don't have to feel anything for all the magical girls. You re supposed to do it only for those you have empathy with.

megaxer said:

1 not enough character develpment. it does have it but after they are dead -.-
2 Snow white do shit.

I don't know what you expect from Snow White who is the only one who doesn't have an ability useful to fight. Or maybe she would have rather tried to be the usual character who want to stop everyone (like Sister Nana) and end up failing? :o

Dashizwiz said:
Cranberry's death was dumb beyond words. And Swim Swim continues her reign as female Hitler. This show has gotten considerably worse with each passing death, due to none of the characters getting characterization until the moment that they are about to die. I came in expecting a Madoka Magica, but what I got instead is an Akame ga Kill...

Well, you already made a mistake by watching this show expecting a MadoMagi. xD (It's not Akame ga Kill either btw)
Characterization is giving you overall to make you understand why he/she acted the way he/she did. It didn't force you to have empathy for all the characters if we had it way earlier for everyone.

Hikari_Hoshisora said:

I didn't like how Cranberry died, but I think she kinda got surprised by seeing Swim Swim was in the end just a little girl and that's when Tama got her, Tama just needed a scratch to make such big damage. Thinking about it, Tama was pretty OP, her weakness, she was too naive and nice.

Tama had the most powerful close range ability. :D

SoraSenpai said:
This anime gets worse by the week...also why the hell is Snow White even alive?!

Because she isn't fighting and she isn't a threat for anyone as long as it's not about candies.

Yamada2 said:
Knowing her identity wouldn't have been bad for Swim in any way, but she was told to kill those who know her identity and that's what she did. Poor Tama.

She wasn't told to kill of her identity were revealed. She was told that her identity must never be discovered. So, logicaly thinkins as she would do, she had either to stop being a magical girl (unlikely) or to get ride of those knowing her identity. Her reasoning is just that extreme.

RayAdha said:
Ruler was actually kind I see, no wonder her followers were still loyal to her even though she badmouthed them quite often

Ruler was a tsundere. We didn't know if she acted that way only with Tama, though. But that would also explains why she is the only one who was saddened by Ruler's death.

HowTragic said:
This week on "She got backstory, she's going to die!" we see that the two characters that got backstory ended up dead.

Redundant post is redundant.

Don't tell me you really believed Tama would survive BEFORE we had her backstory. o_O

Anyway, I totaly agree with @Zefyris saying Cranberry's death could only be anticlimatic.
When involving such powers/enhance strenght and some strategy, traps and backstabbing are the most efficient way than a fair and square fight. :/
Dec 11, 2016 9:26 AM

Jun 2016
I think it was fitting that Tama killed Cranberry. The weakest killing the strongest. Plus it gave Tama something to do before she was killed off. RIP Tama. I liked her flashback with Ruler and it helped cement why Ruler was always the kindest to her. Even in the beginning when it came to getting candies, she helped Tama the most since she was always in the bottom group. The stealing of candies only took place because she wanted to help Tama and the twins too.

I was glad that Cranberry didn't kill those girls in the beginning during the flashback, but according to some commenters this death match happened again and again after that. So I'm glad that she's dead. We can't hate on SwimSwim for killing everyone, when Cranberry has been doing this for so long now.

SwimSwim did feel sad that Tama had to die, but killing an ally vs. following her ideology that kept her alive for so long in the game is the reason why she did what she did. If she didn't kill Tama, then she would be going against what Ruler taught he. If she did that, then she'd have to start questioning everything that she did and if allowing Ruler to die was the right thing to do. She is thinking about the last part though, especially considering the fact that all of her allies are now dead, but she has to keep moving forward. She has no choice. Plus a seven year old wouldn't really have the capabilities to deal with this sort of complex issue.

What I'm wondering is what Fav will do now, since SwimSwim is clearly not going to listen to him. Cranberry was a good ally for his death game matches, but SwimSwim will be harder to control and you know that Ripple and Snow White won't stand for another death match. I wonder what his plans are now. Will he just kill everyone and write a report that this was a failure? I don't know.

The magical girl transformation scene felt weird and very long, but I did like the ghost scene with Top Speed even though it's apparently filler. It was a nice mirror to what SwimSwim was seeing.

I wonder what will happen next and if we'll get another season of this, or at the very least an OVA.
°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°
Dec 11, 2016 10:14 AM

Feb 2014
I think Swim Swim is just an impressionable child.
Ruler came to her and presented this ideal 'leader' or 'ruler' that Swim Swim wanted to emulate, taken to extremes.
I'm not even sure if Swim Swim understands the extent of her actions - to a degree I think she must thought (i.e. that tear down her cheek when she killed Tama).

Will be interesting to see who will be left standing after a Ripple x Swim Swim showdown?
Dec 11, 2016 10:51 AM

Jul 2014
RainyDayLover said:
Will be interesting to see who will be left standing after a Ripple x Swim Swim showdown?
I like someone's comment, that Ripple and Swim Swim will kill each other. And then next iteration will begin, with Snow White as the master.
Dec 11, 2016 11:06 AM

Apr 2013
EGOIST said:
Zefyris said:
how many arcs are there?

Depends on how you count, either 6 or 4 right now. Every single of them no matter how you count is quite longer than the first arc/prologue, too.
Dec 11, 2016 11:25 AM

Feb 2016
Scratchy99 said:
Rip Cramberry. She caused a hole lot of trouble for these girls. Also anticlimactic death.

That pun! Badum-tss!
Dec 11, 2016 11:32 AM
Sep 2013
DenjaX said:
Such Bullshit. Obviously poor writing.

Swimswim should have died with Cranberry's soundwave nuke but NOOOO she has to just survive that shit. Cranberry literally put her hands inside Swimswim's body and filling blast that erases the large radius surrounding her. Then Tama would deal the finishing blow against Cranberry.

You call this poor writing but I can tell you now that your "version" isn't any better. Had Swim Swim died from the shock wave, Tama would have never had an opening to attack Cranberry and would have been killed as well. Now only Cranberry, Snow White and Ripple remain. Now these two alone would have to pull out some BS of a high degree to be able to defeat Cranberry. This version would have been much worse than what actually happened.
Dec 11, 2016 11:43 AM

Jun 2013
i fucking hate Swim Swim
Dec 11, 2016 12:12 PM

Jun 2014
Cranberry's death...
-_-

As for SwimSwim, I don't hate her. In fact, she's made this show entertaining. I'm sure everyone here will be celebrating her death next ep no doubt.

Fav wants a Master he can control or at least speak with on equal terms, SwimSwim is too unmanageable so he wants rid of her.
Dec 11, 2016 2:45 PM

May 2014
I really didn't expect to get emotional for this anime, but damn, the scenes with Top Speed and Ripple just killed me and I had to bawl my eyes out.
Dec 11, 2016 3:13 PM

Nov 2008
Zetsubo667 said:
You call this poor writing but I can tell you now that your "version" isn't any better. Had Swim Swim died from the shock wave, Tama would have never had an opening to attack Cranberry and would have been killed as well. Now only Cranberry, Snow White and Ripple remain. Now these two alone would have to pull out some BS of a high degree to be able to defeat Cranberry. This version would have been much worse than what actually happened.
My point is everyone are dying like flies but bitch such as Swim Swim gets the plot armor for the hell of it. It would work since Cranberry was caught off-guard when she realized that she was fighting a little child all along and Tama would still have the opening to finish her off with just a small scratch on her clothes. Then Tama would still create a huge hole on her body to finish Cranberry. Tama does not even know whether Swim Swim was still alive until she goes towards her after the battle ended.

Of course you are saying my version is not any better because that wasn't the adaptation or the source material is doing. You are just accepting what the author writes for you. The author was very consistent with fatal blows but this time, Swim Swim somehow survived while the rest of the Forest didn't. Also, Fav revealed that Swim Swim's weakness was sound which was basically Cranberry's specialty. That's why I call it poor writing.

At least, they should have make something that doesn't seem fatal to Swim Swim to make it more believable.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Dec 11, 2016 4:48 PM
Oct 2015
How specific is the identity rule? Do they have to know their full name and where they live or what?

Swim Swim appeared before Hardgore Alice in her human form was able to kill her because her "identity" was revealed by her subordinate so Alice was unable to transform again to save herself due this rule.

Swim Swim was knocked out in human form in Tama's arms, but she didn't lose her magical ability.
Dec 11, 2016 5:28 PM

Apr 2013
Bigod1981 said:
How specific is the identity rule? Do they have to know their full name and where they live or what?

Swim Swim appeared before Hardgore Alice in her human form was able to kill her because her "identity" was revealed by her subordinate so Alice was unable to transform again to save herself due this rule.

Swim Swim was knocked out in human form in Tama's arms, but she didn't lose her magical ability.

What? They have this rule? In anime I don't remember any mention about this.
Hardgore_LasagnaDec 11, 2016 5:38 PM
Dec 11, 2016 5:49 PM
Oct 2015
KatanaBR said:
What? They have this rule? In anime I don't remember any mention about this.

Actually, I remembered it wrong. They lose their abilities if they're revealed by normal human beings and not other magical girls. Alice died from being unable to react in time from a surprise attack not from losing her ability.
Dec 11, 2016 6:32 PM

Aug 2011
Bigod1981 said:

Erm.. Magical girls are allowed to know each other's identities. Nana and Winterprison were lesbians together, Snow White and Pucelle were friends, the Angels were sisters. It's just a bad idea if someone like Swim Swim gets your name

If someone who isn't another Magical girls sees a Magical girl transform into or out of magical girl mode your powers are taken away your powers.
Dec 11, 2016 7:38 PM
Jul 2013
Nanashi said:
WHAT?WHAT?WHAT?WHAT?WHAT?WHAT?WHAT?WHAT?WHAT?WHAT?WHAT?WHAT?WHAT?WHAT?WHAT?WHAT?WHAT?WHAT?WHAT?WHAT?WHAT?WHAT?

Tama killed her oO That was sick as fuck. Never thought her ability could work like that. Sadly Swim Swim survived... What a surprise -.- And then she even goes full retard and kills her last "comrade". Why are all the kind girls dying D: Can't they let one of them survive except for the MC >.>

What is even going to happen now? Didn't expect we would reach just 4 or less an episode early. They now have an entire episode and I guess the other two are going to fight Swim Swim or something like that. Still felt kinda weird they finished what looked like the final fight so fast.

Zetsubo667 said:
As much as people hate on Swim Swim, you should take into account that she managed with Tama's help to take out the one who was orchestrating this death game.

well. Wasn't it more like Swim Swim would have been utterly destroyed if Tama didn't save her with that surprising move? I cannot see how this was in any way planned by her. Yes there probably was some kind of setup but I doubt it was supposed to happen like it did.

Cranberry was a little surprise to see Swim Swim was actually just a kid when she's praising her in the entire fight, and that tens of a second made it possible for Tama to scratch her

The pincer attack was planned by Swim Swim so basically you could say Cranberry was her kill to
Dec 11, 2016 10:46 PM

Nov 2011
sanlei said:
Oniikami said:

Like someone else showed a picture, there are the following Arcs:
Arc 1: Unmarked (this anime which also adapted parts of Episodes(Vol. 4) which contains sidestories)
Arc 2: Restart (Vol. 2+3)
Arc 3: Limited (Vol. 5+6)
Arc 4: JOKERS (Vol. 7)
Arc 5: ACES (Vol. 8)
Vol. 9 (again sidestories)
and now Arc 6: QUEENS (Vol. 10)

Cant say much else, without spoilering the direction. But yeah each Arc has its own cast of magical girls with some old survivers. But yeah theres more than enough material for a few more seasons if we get lucky.

Also btw. Cranberry wasnt shocked that Swim Swim was a child, so she hesitated to kill her. She was more surprised that such a young child had so much of a potential and reminded her of her own past, as she was also quite young in her own selection test.

I see, another shit change. How many does that make now? We can never have perfect adaptations after all. I find this show interesting but still not enough to make me read the original, especially after seeing how many volumes there are now.
How can people call Tama the weakest after all that? If I know she can do that, I'll treat her like a secret weapon.
I like how Swim Swim wins by cheapshots instead of the usual shounen shits or generic strategy that sounds awesome but if you think about it, it only works bcuz the enemies are ignorant fools and the MC is the only one who studied shits. Also unlike most here, I like how she killed Alice, so unfair but how can she or anyone kill her otherwise? Smart move, I like this villain, not her idea though. I like Alice too by the way.
I came expecting deaths and I got just that, lol at people expecting their faves to live after La Pucelle's death. The direction this show is going was so obvious by then.
ernstDec 11, 2016 11:01 PM
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Dec 11, 2016 11:58 PM

Jun 2015
As expected, we are having the grand finale between Ripple and SS as conclusive ep of the series. One of them will partner with SW! I am rooting for Ripple but SS being SW's partner is amusing too. I hope our ideal magical girl does not die just from hearing the news. xD She continues to be as useless as ever. :\

The show has somewhat been entertaining since ep 6 (it was dull before). I don't mind SS killing most of the cast without much of a fight /- which is a let down really/ but it does not seem possible for someone of her age. For a child to own experienced fighters is impractical. That's my only complaint. She seemed to go by Ruler's instructions so she is no prodigy either. May be it seemed convenient so the author went with it but it is a negative in my book.
Dec 12, 2016 3:34 AM

Apr 2015
Poor Tama...
now that I think about it, Ruler actually is a good girl... Swim swim is the bad one...
I wonder what happen if Ripple manages to kill Swim swim and find out that she is a little girl... damn...
Cranberry's dead reminds me too btooom though... the bomb that sucks it surroundings...
Dec 12, 2016 4:20 AM

Jul 2014
I love Ruler(good side)
"Everyone fails sometimes
But dreams won't fade, dreams won't fade
Let's chase them as many times as it takes and don't lose
Because today after all is today and once you wake up, it'll be a new morning"

~Aqours~
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2016

341 by Fn76 »»
Jan 28, 1:54 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2016

254 by minimiau »»
Apr 11, 2023 5:11 PM

» Restart is getting an anime!!

mahoushaojiu - Jan 29, 2023

12 by Timcampy »»
Jan 30, 2023 1:22 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2016

204 by KillMeDaddyUwU »»
Jan 8, 2023 8:47 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2016

251 by KillMeDaddyUwU »»
Jan 8, 2023 8:09 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.