Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 16, 2016 8:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pretty typical episode, not as much as action as some of the others and apparently, the guys were trying top pull some wishes with the cherry blossom tree.

Definitely not the usual type of tree you see though. A very special type of tree!
Stark700Oct 16, 2016 9:37 AM
Oct 16, 2016 8:32 AM

Feb 2016
UGUISUMARU IS HERE!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAA BEAUTIFUL
sayo is so cute!!!
im adopting the tantous
Oct 16, 2016 10:06 AM

Aug 2010
That first part was quite cute with Hirano's exchange of gifts leading to an adorable mucchan Uguisumaru hahaha

I WAS NOT READY FOR THAT SECOND PART OF THE EPISODE AND THE FEELS TRAIN THOUGH, ICHI-NII COME SOON TO YOUR BROTHERS ;A;

Ending song with the Toushiros killed me too, Maeda and Hirano's face when cutting the Yokan omfreaking
Oct 16, 2016 10:10 AM

Feb 2016
it was kinda sad at the end ;;;;
i wonder when ichigo will be there
Oct 16, 2016 10:19 AM

Nov 2008
at first I thought this episode would be kinda boring, but enjoyed it so much!

Hirano's exchanges were a lot of fun to watch and we got to see a bit more of all the sword boys and their personalities.
The second part made me really emotional too, it almost came out of nowhere. Just the idea of using pink paper and then all their wishes to see Ichi-nii and protect Okita ;;
damn you, this was not supposed to make me this sad

Oct 16, 2016 10:36 AM

Jul 2012
great episode as usual, i'm really glad this show sticks to slice of life and doesnt have too much action

omg the "i want to meet ichi-nii" part where yams reads the different sakura prayers... I legit started crying

ED song is gorgeous, i am never disappointed
Oct 16, 2016 10:38 AM
Feb 2016
I wonder does the opening monologue with different character saying it have an important significance to it...

The first part kinda reminds me of a similar story about trading stuff that you don't need to those who actually need it and in return you receive something that's actually useful to you that others don't actually need. The second part got me a bit worried if after they make the wish and it didn't bloom how disappointed will they be but I'm glad it bloom!! And I wonder who this Ichi-niisan they're talking about hope he'll make an appearance.
Oct 16, 2016 10:47 AM

Apr 2015
Hirano goes on a quest to find a way to talk to Uguisumaru while simultaneously helping others. The sakura tree part was nice; hope Ichi-nii comes to the citadel soon. Also ED was cute.
Oct 16, 2016 11:02 AM

Sep 2015
Omg no action scenes this week *o*
The first part was a bit boring but it was enjoyable tbh, I really liked this episode
Oct 16, 2016 11:12 AM

Feb 2015
Beautiful and heartwarming episode indeed!
Oct 16, 2016 11:17 AM

Mar 2013
Uah Uguisumaru is handsome as always,Tsurumaru's so funny. Part A was so funny.
Then part B came, shcbsja the tantou wishes ichi-nii to come back to the citadel!!!
Please come home ichi-nii!!!

Toushirou siblings ED...
honokiOct 16, 2016 11:25 AM
Oct 16, 2016 12:36 PM

Sep 2015
This is yet the be the funniest and the best episode as of now, I had to pause every 2 mins to laugh. Let's see... Where do I start? Gosh, Aoe-san with his purple hoodie and gold armory (kintama!!), Mutsunokami fanboying about western things, Doudanuki getting bad lucks (but I bet Tsurumaru was behind all of it), Yamanbagiri getting drunk and that freaking tractor!! This episode had the same vibes as the official Tourabu anthologies, which pleases me. Also, the fact that some of my favourite characters were shown in this episode (Hirano, Atsushi, Uguisumaru, Honebami and Kasen).

Hope that Ichi-nii and Kousetsu will come home to the citadel... And hopefully Yasusada can protect Okita-kun. ( o w o)
ChaldeneOct 17, 2016 3:39 AM
Oct 16, 2016 12:42 PM

Dec 2014
was feeling like dropping it but let's see how it goes... pretty AVERAGE EPISODE
Oct 16, 2016 12:46 PM

Jul 2012
Cute episode!
The first half felt like those quests in games where you have to get items to some NPCs XD

Oct 16, 2016 12:49 PM

Feb 2016
HikiMaru said:
This is yet the be the funniest and the best episode as of now, I had to pause every 2 mins to laugh. Let's see... Where do I start? Gosh, Aoe-san with his purple hoodie and gold armory, Mutsunokami fanboying about western things, Doudanuki getting bad lucks (but I bet Tsurumaru was behind all of it), Yamanbagiri getting drunk and that freaking tractor!! This episode had the same vibes as the official Tourabu anthologies, which pleases me. Also, the fact that some of my favourite characters were shown in this episode (Hirano, Atsushi, Uguisumaru, Honebami and Kasen).

Hope that Ichi-nii and Kousetsu will come home to the citadel... And hopefully Yasusada can protect Okita-kun. ( o w o)

I felt so bad for danuki lmaoo
maybe thats why tsurumaru didnt appear that much, because he was the one behind it LOL

i thought i'd never see yamanbagiri drunk
Oct 16, 2016 1:09 PM

Jul 2013
THIS EPISODE WAS JUST BORING!! The only redeeming quality of this show is the action of the show. They didn't have of that there. But instead it's just random Slice of Life junk that's out of place. It also have some slapstick that isn't funny. Overall this anime is boring, and I'm dropping it this isn't worth my time anymore.

Oct 16, 2016 1:19 PM

Jul 2014
I enjoyed the comedy in the first half of the episode. But since I am not emotionally invested in these characters I felt the second half was kinda boring.

This anime is growing on me. I'll probably never give it a 7/10 or above but it isn't as bad as I thought it would be (the first episode gave a horrible first impression).
Oct 16, 2016 1:20 PM

Sep 2015
dategumi said:
HikiMaru said:
This is yet the be the funniest and the best episode as of now, I had to pause every 2 mins to laugh. Let's see... Where do I start? Gosh, Aoe-san with his purple hoodie and gold armory, Mutsunokami fanboying about western things, Doudanuki getting bad lucks (but I bet Tsurumaru was behind all of it), Yamanbagiri getting drunk and that freaking tractor!! This episode had the same vibes as the official Tourabu anthologies, which pleases me. Also, the fact that some of my favourite characters were shown in this episode (Hirano, Atsushi, Uguisumaru, Honebami and Kasen).

I felt so bad for danuki lmaoo
maybe thats why tsurumaru didnt appear that much, because he was the one behind it LOL

i thought i'd never see yamanbagiri drunk

I knew right away it was Tsurumaru's pranks when Doudanuki stubbed his toe on that weight. XD
Yamanbagiri drinking alcohol... I can't really picture that ;w; I'm such a mum saniwa, I keep thinking my sons swords are precious underaged babies.
Oct 16, 2016 1:25 PM

Feb 2010
It was nice to see more swords, and I enjoyed seeing Aoe rubbing his "kintama", if you know what I mean. ;3

The second half was a bit slow/boring for me though, even though I love them, and it was adorable, but I guess because it is a bit cliche for anime. As usual I enjoyed the comedy, though I felt the previous episodes were more funny for me, or at least had jokes/silliness in more rapid succession.

By the way, is there a way to find out what will happen in the next episode after? I have noticed some people already know by the end of the last episodes what the next episode will be about, but I don't see any kind of preview...
Oct 16, 2016 1:27 PM

Oct 2016
This episode was pretty standard slice of life. But it was good. I was glad that the characters outside of Yamato and Kashuu got some attention and I hope they'll keep going down the route of individually dividing the focus.

My only gripes were the lack of Tsurumaru, as he only appeared briefly, the fact that Ishikirimaru was gone without even a mention of his whereabouts ( though I'll just assume he was on a mission or something ) AND the fact that imanotsurugi got pushed into being a background character without lines. Please give my boys more focus. They're the only ones who'll keep me truly interested until Mikazuki arrives.
Oct 16, 2016 1:40 PM

Feb 2016
HikiMaru said:
I knew right away it was Tsurumaru's pranks when Doudanuki stubbed his toe on that weight. XD
Yamanbagiri drinking alcohol... I can't really picture that ;w; I'm such a mum saniwa, I keep thinking my sons swords are precious underaged babies.

doudanuki: *suffering*
tsurumaru: odoroitaka

SAME,,, all tantous are my sons,,,
im kinda sad that my favorite tantous arent in the anime (gotou and sada-chan) but i still love every single one of them ;;;;
Oct 16, 2016 1:42 PM

Feb 2016
Pikangie said:

By the way, is there a way to find out what will happen in the next episode after? I have noticed some people already know by the end of the last episodes what the next episode will be about, but I don't see any kind of preview...

i THINK that they always post the next episode's synopsis somewhere?
but it'll probably be in a couple of days
Oct 16, 2016 2:01 PM

Jul 2014
Once again my fav Imano didn't get any lines :(
but holy sHIT SAYO IS MOE I LOVE HIM EVEN MORE THAN BEFORE
When will Ichi-nii come home? When will Kousetsu come home? When will all the blue-haired oniichans come home?
Kakaka when
Oct 16, 2016 2:02 PM

Sep 2015
dategumi said:

doudanuki: *suffering*
tsurumaru: odoroitaka

SAME,,, all tantous are my sons,,,
im kinda sad that my favorite tantous arent in the anime (gotou and sada-chan) but i still love every single one of them ;;;;

Man, gotta love DonutTanuki XD he's the only one that's so serious about battles.
How did you know I love those tantous too? (Well, tbh, 80% of the touken danshi are my faves so lol).
I want more Kurodagumi swords to appear too (like Hakata and Nihongou).
Oct 16, 2016 2:06 PM

Feb 2016
vikki7783 said:

Kakaka when

hanamaru saniwa is the only saniwa out of the kakaka hell

HikiMaru said:

Man, gotta love DonutTanuki XD he's the only one that's so serious about battles.
How did you know I love those tantous too? (Well, tbh, 80% of the touken danshi are my faves so lol).
I want more Kurodagumi swords to appear too (like Hakata and Nihongou).

i have a feeling that we'll get either nihongou or jirou/tarou next episode
i don't know why though
wanted to see kuri-chan but i think he wont be in the anime so soon :(
Oct 16, 2016 2:09 PM

Sep 2015
Pikangie said:

This link? I know there's no info on the upcoming episodes yet.
Oct 16, 2016 3:15 PM

Oct 2008
Pretty cute, I want to see Ichi-nii and Kousetsu too ;_;
>User since 2008
Please god help me quit this website.

Such great community that doesn't even know how demographics work, AND gives """detailed"""" reviews after first episodes.

Oct 16, 2016 3:19 PM

Apr 2016
fell asleep watching it gotta drop
Oct 16, 2016 3:48 PM

Apr 2013
Ahh, the trading a paperclip for a house thing.

Oct 16, 2016 4:15 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Awww the Awataguchi tantous missing their Ichi-nii ;_; I teared up when I saw those wishes, as well as Sayo's wanting to see Kousetsu. Sayo is adorable as always, so glad to see him animated. And seeing Hone and Nama together as well.

Uguisumaruuuuu, such a calm soul. All he did was drink tea, but I love him. Really liked the peaceful feel in this episode.
Oct 16, 2016 4:44 PM

Feb 2010
HikiMaru said:
Pikangie said:

This link? I know there's no info on the upcoming episodes yet.

Ooh, I forgot about this site having anime info. Thanks!
Oct 16, 2016 7:04 PM

Jul 2009
Hirano, who has an adorable bob-like haircut, is playing the role of Link in Hyrule, granting the requests of the citizens. The sparkly blanket was amazing.

And asking the tree politely by wishing for it to bloom again...It's like being smacked with a bag of doilies, it's so cute! At this rate, I will die of adorability because of this show and won't see 2017. A very pleasant episode.
Oct 17, 2016 1:06 AM

Jun 2015
I wanna play with Ichi-nii too ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

this episode was too cute, spent most of it giggling at ugui ;;
Oct 17, 2016 3:48 AM

Feb 2013
What a cute episode ♥ I love those slice of life scenes
Oct 17, 2016 3:54 AM

Dec 2015
The exchanging things part was cute, but I didn't sign up for feels in the second part ><

Liked the ED, was pretty sweet.
Oct 17, 2016 6:10 AM
Apr 2014
to be honest, I thought the actions are a bit too forced on the previous episodes, and this is what I'm actually looking forward for, a pure SoL episode. It's nice and refreshing, I hope next episodes are like this too.

I don't hate action, but I feel like this anime's better going full SoL instead.
Oct 17, 2016 11:15 AM

Jun 2015
No action in this episode, but it was still enjoyable. The first half where gifts were being exchanged was very nice. The second half blew me away. I was not expecting that much sadness.
Oct 17, 2016 11:44 AM

May 2016
For me, it was the best episode so far! I like both slice of life and action, but honestly prefer slice of life.
Oct 17, 2016 5:16 PM

Sep 2014
I liked the second part :)
Oct 17, 2016 10:46 PM
May 2014
I've personally never seen a series make such a quick rebound so early on before and this episode is by far my favorite! The whole trade a paper clip for a house scenario was just adorable but the feels in the 2nd half were totally outta nowhere (my heart almost gave out when the camera panned onto the paper strips QQ ICHI-NII COME SOON!!!~)
fishychooOct 17, 2016 11:48 PM
Oct 18, 2016 10:55 AM

Apr 2016
The ED made me cry c_c
My bby Izumi next ep <333
Oct 18, 2016 8:28 PM

Apr 2011
I didn't think I'd get through a SoL episode with kawaii bokus only. Normally I nope out on girls doing similar SoL stuff. Uguisumaru is so peaceful it was cute seeing him every time Hirano was carrying another gift from the other swords.

Yamatonokami is a genius!! I should consider tying many colorful letters onto a tree too!
Thank goodness none of the swords actually wished for only the tree to bloom as a cherry tree, out of the 1000 or so papers they've written on. I was relieved to find out that some of the wishes were from their heart~!

despite not having a fight scene, this episode managed to be on the same level and the previous ones
Oct 19, 2016 2:53 AM

Feb 2010
aoisune said:
The ED made me cry c_c
My bby Izumi next ep <333

*Internally fangirl screaming and jumping around*
I have not wished so hard before that it would be Sunday already.
Oct 19, 2016 7:57 PM

Jun 2013
They talked about Ichi so waiting for Ichi to show up now.
"Masturbation."

---The End.
Oct 19, 2016 11:32 PM

Oct 2011
that 2nd part. ... bawled ny eyes out
Oct 20, 2016 12:33 AM
Mar 2012
No history or action somehow felt like filler in a sol show. Too many characters already & they add more?
Straw millionaire reenacted story was a bit interesting. This Ichi who better be some important historical figure/sword.
Oct 20, 2016 6:58 PM

Nov 2015
first half was so boring and the sakura tree looked awesome

Oct 21, 2016 4:55 AM

Oct 2008
No Action this time but that was such a peaceful episode!
The Sakura blossom tree was elegantly beautiful!
LOL at what happened to Hirano Toushiro, started with a four leaf clover and ended-up with getting a picture while eating that yummy dessert! LOL so many give and exchange! If I remember that is a folklore story ain't I correct? cuz I've heard that some some anime...
4/5.

Oct 21, 2016 6:20 PM

Nov 2007
I am here just to say, that Sayo is a very precious bun:*
Oct 23, 2016 12:34 AM

Mar 2016
I think i enjoyed this episode although i didn't laugh so much.Slice of life vibe is filled the entire episode

i fell dissapointed because I CANT REMEMBER NAME OF EVERY CHARACTERS IN THIS ANIME and they added new characters again?.....ahhhh

but i know the reason behind it and i can't accept that

Like many people here,i rather enjoyed second part than first part on the sakura part.
And The ED is worth to listen.
I Waiting for next episode

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2016

33 by lunarches »»
Dec 24, 2023 8:12 AM

Poll: » Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2016

33 by iamafreak »»
Feb 16, 2023 12:15 AM

Poll: » Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2016

22 by iamafreak »»
Feb 16, 2023 12:07 AM

Poll: » Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2016

12 by iamafreak »»
Feb 15, 2023 5:59 PM

Poll: » Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2016

173 by Guts-Valley »»
Jun 7, 2022 11:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.