Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 21, 2016 9:25 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh shit, Rem going all out this episode with her attack. Lovely. Can we get a play of the game moment for her please?

Wilheim also survived although injured. I would of been pissed if he died.
The OST is good for the battle, also gotta give some credit to Crusch and her bravery.

Same with Wilheim. I kinda like the transition between scenes from the past and the present that connects together as a motivator for him to fight.

And that kiss too!

Aug 21, 2016 9:44 AM

Apr 2014
I thought the animation for the fight would at least be better than last week but again they just resorted to stills and speed lines. I'm not devastated by it or anything, but considering this is the most important battle of the anime, and how the (in the long run) irrelevant Elsa fight looked fantastic, it's a bit disappointing. I know most shows blow their budget early on but they at least gain it near the end for the big moments. Even other White Fox shows have done this.

But enough about that, good episode overall with the conclusion of the Wilhelm flashback and the defeat of the White Whale. Though I'm a bit confused as to why they slightly changed the Rem and Subaru scene near the end compared to the novels. But maybe I'll just have to wait for subs.
Also, the return of Julius! Judging by Subaru's face, I guess he's gonna go full autism mode again. Please for the love of god Subaru, just ease up. You've actually been likable lately, don't immediately throw it all down the drain.
Aug 21, 2016 9:45 AM

Jul 2014
Damn that bit where Wilhelm was fcking butchering the white whale while having mini flashbacks of him and his wife..... that was just plain sad and heartbreaking af. Also damn Wilhelm beat the sword saint in a plain sword fight, 1 word EPIC!

Subaru looked cool as well when he was standing on top of that horn and jumped, that would take tons of guts to do.

Crusch is awesome! hell if I were Subaru I'd take her instead of Emilia and Rem.

Last part cringe, seriously? why Julius? fcking Wilhelm would have been enough! dont tell me Subaru's about to go rage bs all over again.... pls no.
Aug 21, 2016 9:49 AM
Jan 2014
The animation is good , no matter what some haters say .
Overall very good episode , can't wait for the final battle against Betelgeuse .
Aug 21, 2016 9:55 AM

Nov 2014
That was another amazing episode. Rem is badass as always
Hi there
Aug 21, 2016 9:56 AM
Jul 2015
I don't have any problem with the animation in this episode. It's good, not bad.
Anyways, I like the scene where Subaru looks on Julius. People c'mon, change is never easy. If Subaru looks at him with a friendly face, I will be disappointed

Aug 21, 2016 9:56 AM

May 2016
Hongu said:
I thought the animation for the fight would at least be better than last week but again they just resorted to stills and speed lines. I'm not devastated by it or anything, but considering this is the most important battle of the anime

What? the most important epic fights are not here yet. The most emotional scene of the series is also not here yet.
Down on the West Coast

They got a sayin'
Aug 21, 2016 10:00 AM

Apr 2014
TeamDalaiLana said:
Hongu said:
I thought the animation for the fight would at least be better than last week but again they just resorted to stills and speed lines. I'm not devastated by it or anything, but considering this is the most important battle of the anime

What? the most important epic fights are not here yet. The most emotional scene of the series is also not here yet.
That's why I said of the anime, not the series. Obviously I know there's more to come but from this 25 episodes this is the fight with the most scope and excitement. Obviously I know THAT confrontation will come later in the anime but this should have at least been more hype, considering that's the tone of it all. It just looked kind of lazy for the tone they were trying to convey.
Aug 21, 2016 10:03 AM

May 2016
All of the important scenes look good.

The end scene with subaru and rem was very well animated. (sakuga)

Some people have this perception that fight scenes are "important" should be what they are saving the budget for.

Not this show honey. This is not a super hero show. The old man and his wife kiss scenes all look great.

You can tell pretty easily when they spend their budget on animation. The quality of the line work and form JUMP. It got crisper nicer and just pop more. The form and color are easier to read. The animation is super smooth which mostly happened at the Rem crying scene this ep.
Down on the West Coast

They got a sayin'
Aug 21, 2016 10:11 AM

Apr 2014
TeamDalaiLana said:

Some people have this perception that fight scenes are "important" should be what they are saving the budget for.

Not this show honey. This is not a super hero show. The old man and his wife kiss scenes all look great.

You can tell pretty easily when they spend their budget on animation. The quality of the line work and form JUMP. It got crisper nicer and just pop more. The form and color are easier to read. The animation is super smooth which mostly happened at the Rem crying scene this ep.
I don't want to start any unnecesarry drama or anything, but the art of something looking nice does not equal sakuga. Yeah the second half of the episode looked great with the lighting and everything, but sakuga? No.
I don't really like how you're patronizing me. Calling me 'honey isn't cute.

But I'll stop now, before anything gets out of hand and people get even more angry at me.
I'll be sure to suck the show's dick next time.
Aug 21, 2016 10:17 AM
Jul 2015
To me, this series doesn't focus on action scenes and I'm happy with what they focused on scenes that I like. But I believe the remaining 4 episodes will be monumental.
The most important thing, you're too greedy, Hongu. This isn't Tales budget level. Perhaps you have a very high standard

Aug 21, 2016 10:18 AM

May 2016
Hongu said:
TeamDalaiLana said:

I don't want to start any unnecesarry drama or anything, but the art of something looking nice does not equal sakuga. Yeah the second half of the episode looked great with the lighting and everything, but sakuga? No.

But I'll stop now, before anything gets out of hand and people get even more angry at me.
I don't think you understand what Sakuga is...or even recognizing it sorry.

It doesn't have to be fight scenes (sad for your logic really). I'm not talking about the "lighting" lol.

I'm going to list some on top my head:

Ep 11: Rem window scene

Ep 13: Emilia confrontation

Ep 15: Cave scene

Ep 18: Subaru laughing at the end. Also when Rem turned and cried.

That cost more than the fight scenes in some shows put together.
Down on the West Coast

They got a sayin'
Aug 21, 2016 10:19 AM

Jun 2013
Hongu said:
TeamDalaiLana said:

Hey, just ignore them, people who blindly hate this series annoy the hell out of me too, but what you said was a valid criticism, you said it was a good episode but you just wished the animation was a bit better, not sure why everyone is getting all pissy to be honest.
Aug 21, 2016 10:38 AM

Mar 2015
It's always fun to see someone else's drama *grab popcorn* but let me end this.

What Hongu said is true, he was just saying how "it could've been better" from the anime he kinda enjoyed or very enjoyed from this season.

Heck, I think most people knew how I was "hating" this anime despite knowing the source material because what they did to episode 13-14 and made me turn on my fanboy glasses and said "sigh, well... fuck it, let just pretend it never happened in the LN" and it continues up to this episode. Where the pacing jumped back and forward throughout chapter 56-60, cutting a lot of things in the middle on episode 20.

Well I haven't watched the episode because I missed the streaming time again, so I can't really defend the sakuga part. But I can understand his opinion of "it could've been better" because I know how that feels. I mean... 1 novel crammed up to 2 episodes instead of the usual 4 episodes... pretty much pissed me off lol.

Aug 21, 2016 10:45 AM

Jun 2009
subaru has been reking himself a lot lately. i'm happy he has finally checked himself.
Aug 21, 2016 11:00 AM

Mar 2015
Okay... I suppose the fighting scene was good, but not bad, but it's not the perfect animation level of sakuga either. I suppose we've been spoiled by the 360 scenes from Elsa and Rem's fighting scene.

However, the flower scene is as beautiful as I expected. I think they put their budget more for the flower scene rather than the fighting scene, because after all... I was expecting more from the flower scene rather than the whale scene, so they might actually think about that too.

「花は、好き?」

「嫌いじゃなくなった」

「どうして、剣を振るの?」

「お前を守るために」

Word for word. Now that's the Re:Zero that I love, not the anime who cut my favorite flower scenes in the last episode by jumping back and forth.

Some changes here and there again, well that's the usual Re:Zero I know for weeks.

And Rem keeps on making me in love no matter where she is. Damn, I need a break from Re:Zero.

Aug 21, 2016 11:05 AM

Dec 2014
Wow, "thanks for the meal".

Purple hair guy shows up at the end... wonder how Subaru's going to handle the situation this time around.

Glad to see the quest completion on killing the white whale.
I need sleep.
Aug 21, 2016 11:07 AM

Jul 2014
-Stray said:
Damn that bit where Wilhelm was fcking butchering the white whale while having mini flashbacks of him and his wife..... that was just plain sad and heartbreaking af.

It was a while since I had tears in my eyes while watching anime. And that scene did this to me.

As for the episode I do not know words to describe how brilliant, wonderful and amazing it was.
Aug 21, 2016 11:08 AM

Jul 2016
Great episode, can't wait to see what happens next. I was scared to death (ba dum tss) when Subaru said to the whale that he was the reason why Rem died so many times. And of course, Wilhelm was badass!
5/5
Mike4992Aug 21, 2016 11:12 AM
Aug 21, 2016 11:09 AM
Sep 2015
certainly better than last episode, still hoped for more though.

good episode.
Aug 21, 2016 11:09 AM

Nov 2015
Great episode. Was hoping for a kiss between Rem and Subaru. But the scene comes very close. :)
Aug 21, 2016 11:12 AM

Mar 2016
scrEAMS

another great episode
Aug 21, 2016 11:12 AM

Sep 2015
omg omg omg omg
Really good one, that Wilhelm part was beautiful

looks like Barusu will go full insane again
Aug 21, 2016 11:13 AM

Jul 2016
Phil_Murray said:
Great episode. Was hoping for a kiss between Rem and Subaru. But the scene comes very close. :)

I'm in Team Rem too but I'm afraid he'll just end up with Emilia.
May 2016
I like how Subaru is becoming a better man.

Jul 2012
Just when you thought the White Whale is finally Slain, it breaks through the tree and goes, "Fools, this isn't even my final form!!!"
Aug 21, 2016 11:15 AM

Dec 2014
Rem...you go girl...stole the episode...I thought
Aug 21, 2016 11:17 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Fuck me, i cried when they showed the Wilhelm/flashback sequence, most powerful scene by far of this episode. You gotta be honest here, Subaru x Rem scene didn't beat that.

Subaru is smart when he puts his mind into it, very nice going.

Julius shows up. We know that he is a good man, but Subaru doesn't know anything about his real intentions of actually helping him. Don't fuck it up, Subaru.
Aug 21, 2016 11:17 AM

Jul 2016
Koyomo said:
I like how Subaru is becoming a better man.

He still sucks though. Seriously, this guy rejected Rem for fucking Emilia. He might have even died again in the episode because he said that the whale was a reason that Rem died hundreds of times.
But yes, I can agree with you at some degree that he has in fact become a better man.
Aug 21, 2016 11:19 AM

Jun 2013
Damn, that was fucking incredible! Subaru has improved so much! Now next week, im interested to see if he has grown up.
Aug 21, 2016 11:20 AM

Jun 2014
I was really convinced that Wilhelm would die getting his revenge. Thankfully he avenged his wife and lived, so that's good. Overall, this battle against the whale was really exciting and great to watch. Looks like Subaru is going to go crazy again now that Julius is back in the picture for this final part of the anime.

Oh god, that fucking Rem and Subaru scene toward the end......I can already imagine the elevated levels of salt that's going to come from the still-bitter Rem/Subaru shippers. To those people, I say: Get over it. This show has many things that are infinitely more interesting than who Subaru ends up banging in the end.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 21, 2016 11:21 AM
Dec 2013
Well shit, is Subaru going to embarrass himself more?
Aug 21, 2016 11:22 AM

Feb 2010
A chapter that wasn't shit, I'm surprised.
Aug 21, 2016 11:23 AM

May 2012
Best episode to date! Couldn't be more happy for Wilhelm and I loved the character that Subaru has become now.

The fight with the whale was just amazing. From start to finish it was put together very well. Nobody got a crazy power up of any type. It was jsut peep talks and great planning with Subaru and Crusch.

The flashbacks with Wilhelm definitely hit me and the feels. After all this time he finally got his revenge for his wife, and when he scream I love you, just to perfect.

Subaru and Rem scene was also very touching. The last scene would make a great wallpaper of the two imo.

That ending was great as well. I don't Subaru would become like he did before because he was grown up so much since then. But its clear as day that he still hates Julius.

Can't wait to see next episode.
AntearionAug 21, 2016 11:29 AM
Aug 21, 2016 11:23 AM

Sep 2014
I feel happy right now. Did I really just watch Re:Zero.

And since the first time I saw Crusch she really is the best girl for me.
Jeppe950Aug 21, 2016 11:30 AM
Aug 21, 2016 11:24 AM
Aug 2015
simonli2575 said:
Well shit, is Subaru going to embarrass himself more?

All I can say is, no. Not really. Never happens again.

Dec 2015
Wow, this was an amazing battle. I really enjoyed the episode minus the last minute where Subaru gets all arrogant again (like dude just give it the fuck up, you brought that shit on yourself, why are you getting pissed about that kngiht lol?)

Also lol at him calling Rem #2. Like dude, you're such a dick Subaru.

@Hongu

Hongu, don't take this the wrong way, but come on, seriously?... They gave us an almost 50 minute premiere and majority of the episodes lack an OP and ED to extend the series which leads to more animation. I'm sure they used a lot of their budget just doing those things alone and it is still great animation. We can't have it all.

I prefer them using their extra budget on the extended scenes with the no OP and ED and that first episode than some extra animation during the fight in one episode, but that's personally me.
CejaraAug 21, 2016 11:27 AM
Jan 2016
bruh now i can't wait for ep 22 also what did the white whale do before he died what was that?

i keep failing more in love with rem with each episode

seems like subaru is going up against the witches cultist huh

i almost forgot what did the witch tell him this time
IamAharemkingAug 21, 2016 11:27 AM

May 2010
It was awesome! especially how Subaru has improved, THAT'S character development ahah^^
Aug 21, 2016 11:25 AM

Aug 2015
Great episode, loved everything about it. Crusch and Subaru worked fantastic together, loved her speech and calling subaru weak and a laser was also funny. Good for Wilhelm he got the last shot at the whale and the flashback with his wife was great. Now onto the next enemy and Subaru doesn't seem happy at all when a certain someone shows up. ahahah
Aug 21, 2016 11:25 AM

Sep 2015
Damn this is getting even better
Aug 21, 2016 11:26 AM
Jul 2018
It was awesome. Subaru and the others defeated the White Whale!
Aug 21, 2016 11:26 AM
Oct 2010
"No one takes a sniff of subaru but me"

"I do not deny that my heartstrings felt a pull"

This dude winning over everyone but the one he wants the most lmfao. Also thank god this dude finally got a group to save this girl with. Maybe they can finally succeed. BTW LMAO I called that he'd have to work with the purple hair dude LMAO!
Aug 21, 2016 11:29 AM
Jul 2016
That...was...BADASS!!
2 more whales appear, the ENTIRE army panicks, but Subaru's like, "Lol, let's do this shit". Boy's badassened up a bit.
"The only one who's allowed to sniff Subaru is me!" and, "Thank you for the treat". Wow, Rem's hormones are getting out of control.
Aug 21, 2016 11:30 AM

Mar 2012
Great Episode but i need a spoiler from whom read the novel

Aug 21, 2016 11:32 AM
Jul 2015
Mirko94 said:
Great Episode but i need a spoiler from whom read the novel

is prepared to appear

Aug 21, 2016 11:34 AM
Aug 2015
KISS... KISS ALREADY OH MY FVCKING GOOOD.. JUST KISS HER ALREADY U FVKING DUMB SUBARU!!
Aug 21, 2016 11:35 AM

Feb 2014
So many warm fuzzy feelings this episode ^^

Though it saddens me know we only have 4 more to go of this epic adventure.
Aug 21, 2016 11:37 AM

Jul 2014
Excellent episode once again, with lots of little moments here and there making things really interesting compared to the first half of the battle with the Whale(s). It was definitely pleasing to see a return of the cleverer Subaru from right at the start of the series in figuring out that the extra Whales were still part of the main one. Also. Subaru's comments to Crusch about how he has a #1 (obviously Emilia) and #2 (Rem) in his heart, even if made jokingly, was a nice moment in my eyes. However, Subaru's reaction upon seeing Julius at the end is slightly concerning; after all that he's been through in this arc, I'm seriously hoping Subaru can put his pride past him and not jeopardise the upcoming battle with the Witch's Cult by being overly aggressive towards Julius again (nice way of showing that his problems aren't going to be solved instantaneously). Although, I do think that Subaru should be fine now that his focus is much more on the bigger picture about saving Emilia in such a way as to not further damage Emilia's position.
Aug 21, 2016 11:37 AM
Aug 2015
Buck_Wade said:
That...was...BADASS!!
2 more whales appear, the ENTIRE army panicks, but Subaru's like, "Lol, let's do this shit". Boy's badassened up a bit.
"The only one who's allowed to sniff Subaru is me!" and, "Thank you for the treat". Wow, Rem's hormones are getting out of control.

Alraight chumps lets do this.. LEEEROOOOOOOOOYYY JJJJJJJJEEENKIINNNNNSSSS
Pages (16) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Julius is annoying AF

BroDa2545 - Yesterday

32 by KuyaC »»
10 hours ago

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

250 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
Apr 23, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1722 by Grazzerz »»
Apr 21, 10:54 PM

» Isn't it more realistic for Emilia to fall in love with Reinhard than Subaru? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Apr 4

69 by Altofanime »»
Apr 20, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

527 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 10:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.