Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
May 29, 2016 2:53 PM

Apr 2015
I love how White Fox emphasized on the children and the villagers in general.

It will only come back to them as good characterization before
May 29, 2016 2:54 PM

Sep 2014
Can this arc end already, really hope he didn't die again..
May 29, 2016 2:54 PM
May 2015
is it possible that we will get a second season with 25 ep more?
many people said that we're still at the beginning so i was wondering
May 29, 2016 2:55 PM

Apr 2015
This show is killing me. It's ridiculously good, and I just want the rest of the episodes to air already so I can enjoy it in all its glory.
When this episode ended, I threw a mini temper tantrum from the sheer frustration of not being able to see what in the hell happens next.
May 29, 2016 2:55 PM

Apr 2016
This episode was really great AND THE CLIFFHANGER... well if someone knows at what chapter did this episode end in the manga i would really be glad to hear, i wanna know what happens next xD, Thanks in advance.
May 29, 2016 2:56 PM

Jul 2015
edwd2 said:
so rem saves him, turns badass and slaughters those beasts, then more of them appear and try to attack rem, but in that split second, subaru runs to her, pushes her away as if time froze, and gets himself killed. that ending was just poorly written imo, i guess it does the job of revealing rem's other side and getting subaru killed at the same time to force a reset but i feel like they are ruining plot and character consistency.

Hongu said:
Yeah the censoring is probably just the Chinese being Chinese again. The show has been relatively brutal for a modern TV anime.

a branch of our government exists to basically censor books, tv series, anime, etc. anything with content or ideas they deem 'unhealthy'. Nobody likes them and large sites like Bilibili have no choice but to adhere, but beneath the surface, everything is accessible.

how was it poor writing? the way I saw he did that because she was off guard when the others were about to attack her, it wasnt there to have another reset

also @Fappa explains more of this with what happens when you get bit
terminador_2397May 29, 2016 2:59 PM
May 29, 2016 2:56 PM

Aug 2015
The next episode is either gonna be a respawn or a new checkpoint. I wonder how much longer he's gonna be stuck in the "mansion" level?
May 29, 2016 2:57 PM
Jul 2018
So this confirms that there's two best girls in this. Emilia and Rem. Need that OST soon though.
Dec 2015
mozgow said:
Rem was really badass in this episode :-)

And for those wondering if Subaru survived

I don't think he died, it'd be letting the lap pillow going to waste (although they could use that to fuel subaru's frustration) but also finally everyone likes him at the villa and he finally discovered who was "cursing" him. If he dies, he'll know exactly what to do and in my opinion that'd be kind of boring-ish (although i can't get enough of this anime)

Sep 2015
They seriously need to up the quality of subs eventhou its free. Especially the word mabeast lol
May 29, 2016 2:58 PM

Apr 2014
Oh no, it's the attack of the CG dogs!
Oh no, the cute maid waifu went all edgelord mode!
May 29, 2016 2:58 PM
Nov 2014
Great episode, fucking cliffhanger again
Hope he will not die this time

waiting for the next...
May 29, 2016 3:01 PM

Jul 2008
Fai said:
If Roswaal were to actually remember Subaru he would currently be trying to kill him considering the last loop he blamed him for the maid deaths and was intent on attacking him.

Most likely his behavior changed because in this loop they are all the more convinced that Subaru is a spy.

If he were intent on killing Subaru for what happened in last loop and acted differently because he is more certain that Subaru is a spy, wouldn't he just kill him or imprison him in some magical prison? I especially don't see him leaving the mansion alone with Subaru in it if he were suspicious of him, or at least he would tell Rem and Ram to be more cautious of him.
No, if anything the fact that he left the mansion without giving Ram and Rem any special orders is a sign that he trusts Subaru more than before I think.
May 29, 2016 3:01 PM

Jul 2015
Just one word. AMAZING!
May 29, 2016 3:02 PM

Jul 2007
valvravetruth said:
They seriously need to up the quality of subs eventhou its free. Especially the word mabeast lol

There's nothing wrong with that term tho?

Nayrael said:
Fai said:
If Roswaal were to actually remember Subaru he would currently be trying to kill him considering the last loop he blamed him for the maid deaths and was intent on attacking him.

Most likely his behavior changed because in this loop they are all the more convinced that Subaru is a spy.

If he were intent on killing Subaru for what happened in last loop and acted differently because he is more certain that Subaru is a spy, wouldn't he just kill him or imprison him in some magical prison? I especially don't see him leaving the mansion alone with Subaru in it if he were suspicious of him, or at least he would tell Rem and Ram to be more cautious of him.
No, if anything the fact that he left the mansion without giving Ram and Rem any special orders is a sign that he trusts Subaru more than before I think.

Its literally stated previous episode that they are even more suspecting him of being a spy.

The only thing Roswaal seems to be sort of sure of is that Subaru might not be there to harm Emilia. Otherwise no.

As Subaru said - this most likely was triggered by Subaru taking it into his own hands to go to village early. Subaru said so too.
May 29, 2016 3:04 PM

Jul 2015
mozgow said:
danieltortoisee said:
Please don't tell me that Subaru died again though, not after that emotional lap pillow scene from last week. If he has, I do struggle to see how he will be able to deal with this again, even if he knows that the puppy is the cause of the curse.
I think he died, but don't worry :-)

I just thought too what if a new save point was established after the lap pillow?
Im probably wrong but i'll just throw it out there, the part where Subaru and Rem make the promise to each other before they head out to search for the children

Jun 2014
Was really hoping it was Puck who was the one putting the curse. I guess I expected too much. Was let down it wasn't some big twist but it was an okayish episode.
Previously: BlueXRam
Jan 2015
Tsubaroki-Kun said:
This episode was really great AND THE CLIFFHANGER... well if someone knows at what chapter did this episode end in the manga i would really be glad to hear, i wanna know what happens next xD, Thanks in advance.
Manga ends right before Subaru goes back to the mansion to get Beatrice to check up on him. The rest is coming from the Light novel
May 29, 2016 3:06 PM

May 2016
Tevens said:

reminds me of

More like this instead imo

KanethedragonMay 29, 2016 3:09 PM
May 29, 2016 3:07 PM

Jan 2015
@Fai

It actually seems more likely, to me that is, that Roswald doesn't suspect Subaru hence he feels more comfortable leaving. Subaru gained trust points from Emilia, Beako, and possibly Ram/Rem during this last loop and maybe it's finally paying its dividends.

Roswald and Ram had their conversation during on the 5th night during the first loop and he suggested that they intervene.

This time Roswald and Ram talked after the 2nd night and they Ram was more expressive in her praise for Subaru than before and Roswald said to take it's time and just keep an eye on the situation.
bobzannyMay 29, 2016 3:14 PM
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
May 29, 2016 3:07 PM

Jun 2014
Fai said:
Nayrael said:
What I'm mystified by is the fact that Roswald left the mansion, something he never did before. Just which of Subaru's actions made him do so? My theories are...

1. Subaru's Witch Smell became too strong and he went to do something to deal with Subaru, with whatever is causing the smell or to research it
2. I'm sure that sooner or later a character will appear who will retain their memories every time Subaru loops (seeing as he loops in order to accomplish something for the Witch or someone, I guess that the old timeline gets destroyed after he dies, similar to looping in Undertale). Roswald, who is supposed to be an extremely powerful mage, is someone that I could see being able to retain his memories (though originally I thought Beatrice retained her memories, but seems I was wrong)

GD1551 said:

Yeah I agree, I only called the dog because of the last episode. I'm glad I avoided the other discussion threads tbh. I suppose it was pretty obvious Rem and Ram are demons on top of that, there was so much straight up obvious scenes that it shouldn't be a surprise.

What I wonder though is if someone in the village was in on it since the barrier was broken and it's obvious the mabeasts couldn't do it.

Its the nature of mal. It happens with every show that has a source material. Somebody spoils themselves, then makes "theories" and then talks about how predictable and expected the outcome is.
I am trying to filter what I read here for last 5 threads or so. Thankfully so far it is working.

I guess we should be happy that no "famous" youtube got spoiled and then proceeded to "make theories" about this show here.

Or maybe it was the fact that the bite was highlighted on Subaru's hand in previous episodes.. This drew a lot of attention to it. I doubt guessing it was dog was impossible...
Previously: BlueXRam
May 29, 2016 3:12 PM

Oct 2014
Re:Zero being Re:Zero as always :D

Ardanaz said:
Thread cleaned from offtopic posts and posts asking where to watch the episode.

At the cost of getting spoiled... I'm a few eps behind

Well, i guess it's time to catch up then ;)

Nayrael said:
What I'm mystified by is the fact that Roswald left the mansion, something he never did before. Just which of Subaru's actions made him do so?

The Big difference this time is that Both Hisuis Maids went to the village with him. So it has something to do with them being absent from the Castle. Also Subaru not being quite as suspicous this time.

And what's his Jacket made from xD
ShrimperorMay 29, 2016 3:16 PM
May 29, 2016 3:15 PM

Dec 2013
Puppy dog leading a pack of wolves like a boss lol.

Intense episode with plenty of gif worthy scenes. Personal favourites are Emilia running, Lem's transformation and laughs.

Anyway I don't think Subaru will die. At this point dying/resetting just to save Lem (again) makes the story too draggy.
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
May 29, 2016 3:18 PM

May 2015
My God Rem is a beast (well she's deamon).

I think Subaru didn't die this time. Rem has her healing magic, so he should survive until they reach mansion.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
May 29, 2016 3:21 PM

Feb 2015
Re:Zero has got me by the balls, what an amazing show. It never gets boring and keeps the viewer guessing. Already AOTS for me.
May 29, 2016 3:21 PM

Jan 2015
@Fappa

Were these scene's more bloody/gore heavy in the LN? Because knowing this author I can imagine Subaru getting more thrashed about and bloody than what we saw here.
May 29, 2016 3:22 PM

Apr 2015
Also did someone else catch how Subaru knew the name and dream of every single child but the girl with the blue braids was merely "the girl"?
FappaMay 29, 2016 4:31 PM
May 29, 2016 3:23 PM

Jul 2008
Fai said:
As Subaru said - this most likely was triggered by Subaru taking it into his own hands to go to village early. Subaru said so too.

I know Subaru said it and that is still part of the question: why would that change anything? Roswald has little reason to care about Subaru and the maids going there a day earlier than usual. Subaru wanting to go to the village is one of less suspicious things he did in this loop so I don't see that alone being the decisive factor (and again: why not give orders to maids and then announce that he leaves?)
May 29, 2016 3:24 PM

Apr 2015
bobzanny said:
@Fappa

Were these scene's more bloody/gore heavy in the LN? Because knowing this author I can imagine Subaru getting more thrashed about and bloody than what we saw here.

Well the way Rem slaughtered this wolves was on point. The thing about Subaru also fits the LN. Everything turns black really fast and Rem rushes to him immediately. So yeah it was one the same level.

I still believe White Fox is really holding back knowing what happens in arc 3. I bet they want to express some "raising of a bar" in every singe aspect, not only the story itself.
May 29, 2016 3:26 PM
Jan 2011
No really. Why did they let Subaru carry that barrel if they did not finish the joke? Why? Don't tell me they want to animate that separately for the BD?!

And the pace of the episode seemed way different than I imagined it to be. I started reading the LN from volume 3 so from now on I guess my novel version and anime version of the story will get all mixed up. This episode was somewhat different from what I imagined it to be. Still not bad.

The way Rem uses the iron mace like it would weigh nothing was cool. And her transformation into an Oni was nicely done too.

Only complaint is that Subaru was way too relaxed. Even in the novel version he talked way too much. If you got enough room for teaching people yubikiri than instead go save the girl!
Dante323May 29, 2016 4:01 PM
May 29, 2016 3:26 PM

Jul 2012
5/5, still anime of the year :D Can't wait for that juicy OST!
May 29, 2016 3:27 PM

Jul 2007
Nayrael said:
Fai said:

I know Subaru said it and that is still part of the question: why would that change anything? Roswald has little reason to care about Subaru and the maids going there a day earlier than usual. Subaru wanting to go to the village is one of less suspicious things he did in this loop so I don't see that alone being the decisive factor (and again: why not give orders to maids and then announce that he leaves?)

If Roswaal suspects subaru to be a spy doing that most likely confirmed something for him making him want to make sure of something. We do not know enough about Roswaal to know exactly what he is thinking but it has been made quite clear he is far more suspecting of Subaru as a spy this loop - just not the one that is necessarily hostile.
May 29, 2016 3:28 PM

Apr 2015
Amazing episode! AGAIN! White fox is really doing their best with this anime.
I loved the episode so much that I felt like it went too fast! :( I NEED MORE

Damn. Roswaal looked awesome when he flew so fast! Reminded me of superman. Wait... IS HE?
May 29, 2016 3:29 PM
Nov 2015
Fappa said:
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Cool no OP song. White Fox once again doing the favor of stretching the content.

Good episode overall, liking the way Rem worked with Subaru. Poor Felt and the others though. They censored some of the parts (bet BDs will remove the creature attack with the black screen). Subaru's one brave bastard this episode though imo. And Rem getting the brunt of the attacks by those creatures was painful to watch :(

Her transformation form (loved the OST for this part, can't wait for it come to out):

Poor Subaru again..the suffering continues.

Okay now you get even me hyped for this episode.

I figured that they would have to censor somewhere along the line but as long as it clearly gets uncensored for the BDs it's absolutely no problem.

Besides aren't you watching the Chinese version? The censoring is a lot harsher over there so we might get some parts uncensored in the Japanese version ( Hell they even blocked Kabaneri in their country lol )

I hope they brought the right emotions across but your comments give me high hopes :D!

Oh new OST? *-*

The OST is amazing for that part, and the voice acting was spot on.
May 29, 2016 3:31 PM

Feb 2016
Fappa said:
Also did someone catch how Subaru knew the name and dream of every single child but the girl with the blue braids was merely "the girl"?

Hints, hints everywhere.

Yeah I noticed that. I kept expecting her to attack Subaru when his back was turned cuz she was faking being injured or something.
May 29, 2016 3:32 PM

Jan 2010
[quote=edwd2 message=46239767]so rem saves him, turns badass and slaughters those beasts, then more of them appear and try to attack rem, but in that split second, subaru runs to her, pushes her away as if time froze, and gets himself killed. that ending was just poorly written imo, i guess it does the job of revealing rem's other side and getting subaru killed at the same time to force a reset but i feel like they are ruining plot and character consistency.

That's exactly how I felt. Too many situations seem forced for plot progression as of late. I'm also not too fond of him explaining his ideology for minutes at a time every episode. I'll get what he's all about through his actions, not through exposition that's probably intended to eat up time. Or maybe just sub-par writing.
May 29, 2016 3:33 PM

Jan 2014
Whooshaaa confirmed Rem is some sort of Demon! I didn't expect the curse to come from the dog though, but well I didn't know it was "caged" inside that barrier either.. If that had been known earlier, then it might not have been that difficult to figure.

I have good faith in Subaru surviving that attack.

Jan 2015
Fappa said:
bobzanny said:
@Fappa

Well the way Rem slaughtered this wolves was on point. The thing about Subaru also fits the LN. Everything turns black really fast and Rem rushes to him immediately. So yeah it was one the same level.

I still believe White Fox is really holding back knowing what happens in arc 3. I bet they want to express some "raising of a bar" in every singe aspect, not only the story itself.

Right on, as long as White Fox is staying true to the LN that's great.

And great, idk if I'll be able to survive Arc 3.

May 2015
Will he survive or die? I don't know and I don't see why should I care, no matter what he will survive even when killed.
The foreshadowing was good but not amazing.
Ren version demon was fine I guess.
zalMay 29, 2016 4:19 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 29, 2016 3:34 PM

Jul 2007
bobzanny said:

Roswald and Ram had their conversation during on the 5th night during the first loop and he suggested that they intervene.

This time Roswald and Ram talked after the 2nd night and they Ram was more expressive in her praise for Subaru than before and Roswald said to take it's time and just keep an eye on the situation.

Totally different from what I read from the scene.

In the first time we saw - they are saying that Subaru is too obvious for a spy but the possibility is still there.
In the scene we saw last week Ram and Roswaal were 100% convinced he is the spy and wanted to approach the situation carefully to sort out his intentions

Also Roswaal does not seem to be the type of man to be swayed by mere theatrics or sentimentality and he has been shown getting more and more serious around Subaru every loop, which to me indicates that he is viewing subaru as more of a threat now.
May 29, 2016 3:39 PM

Sep 2015
Question : how was Beatrice able to remove the curse? If I'm not mistaken, she said that once a curse is placed, there's no way to remove it. So how was she able to get rid of it?
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
May 29, 2016 3:40 PM

Apr 2014

^ Got a really good laugh out of that scene.
May 29, 2016 3:40 PM

Jan 2015
-Maz said:
Question : how was Beatrice able to remove the curse? If I'm not mistaken, she said that once a curse is placed, there's no way to remove it. So how was she able to get rid of it?

no .. she said once a curse is ACTIVATED she can't do any thing about it...
but i remember well that she said she can detect them and remove them before they're activated
May 29, 2016 3:41 PM

Mar 2010
GoatMonkeyZ said:

That's exactly how I felt. Too many situations seem forced for plot progression as of late. I'm also not too fond of him explaining his ideology for minutes at a time every episode. I'll get what he's all about through his actions, not through exposition that's probably intended to eat up time. Or maybe just sub-par writing.

What the hell does forced plot progression mean? Subaru was explaining why he was helping the children because Rem had demanded answers to why he was going this far. It was entirely natural question since she still suspected him of being up to something.
May 29, 2016 3:42 PM
Jan 2011
-Maz said:

She said once a spell is activated there is nothing one can do. But as long it still is not activated than it's just a simple magical formula and can be erased. Or something along those lines if I am not mistaken.
May 29, 2016 3:44 PM

Nov 2015
May 29, 2016 3:45 PM

Aug 2008
There is absolutely no way in hell that Subaru is dead. I will kill myself if he has to do all this shit again unless he tops himself
May 29, 2016 3:49 PM
Mar 2015
Tsubaroki-Kun said:

this episode is already passed the manga, except the first 10 mins which is in arc 2 manga no. 15.
May 29, 2016 3:50 PM

Apr 2015
@Dante323 I don't want to come across as rude but could you please spoiler tag your posts? I've seen easily 2-3 things that aren't supposed to be here and especially not untagged.
May 29, 2016 3:55 PM

Nov 2007
Excellent episode. The highlight of this episode was neither identifying the source of the curse nor the revelation of Rem being a demon but Subaru managing to earn her trust.

I am 92.5% sure he just lost his consciousness and not dead. This will be awkward if he had to come this far again after all the effort he had put. Besides, the revelations that

1. The source of the curse was the dog
2. Rem (and perhaps Ram as well) being a demon
3. Subaru can actually earn Rem's trust

point to to the fact that any more deaths will be redundant at this point. I could be wrong, but let's see where we go from here.

5/5 ofc.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Pages (15) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Julius is annoying AF

BroDa2545 - Apr 24

21 by Okeanix »»
Apr 27, 4:29 PM

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

250 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
Apr 23, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1722 by Grazzerz »»
Apr 21, 10:54 PM

» Isn't it more realistic for Emilia to fall in love with Reinhard than Subaru? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Apr 4

69 by Altofanime »»
Apr 20, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

527 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 10:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.