New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Mar 5, 2014 5:03 AM

Feb 2014
i have just what the thread title says right now ... T_T

now i need another good anime

Mar 5, 2014 5:08 AM

Feb 2014
I had this syndrome after finishing Cowboy Bebop for deep down I knew that there was never going to be another anime like it ever again. It was very similar to the feelings I had after finishing Breaking Bad.
Mar 5, 2014 5:16 AM

Jan 2014
Only when I finished Elfen Lied.. for now.
Mar 5, 2014 5:30 AM
Jan 2014
Zelgadis94 said:

+1
Mar 5, 2014 6:21 AM

Jan 2014
Endycia said:
Zelgadis94 said:

+1

That's probably only because of the shock factor EL had.
Mar 5, 2014 6:54 AM
Jan 2014
Yhuuro said:
Endycia said:
Zelgadis94 said:

+1

I was sad for lucy's fate in the manga
Mar 5, 2014 7:17 AM

Jan 2013
PDot19 said:
Ive only truly experienced this with Kurokami the Animation...

Da feelz were painful.

what? really? that anime was crazy generic...apart from the quite interesting premise of course.
Mar 5, 2014 7:35 AM
Aug 2013
Yeah, i experienced it STRONGLY after finishing Soul Eater.. i loved the characters so much
Mar 5, 2014 9:00 AM

Jan 2014
Endycia said:
Yhuuro said:
Endycia said:
Zelgadis94 said:

+1

I was sad for lucy's fate in the manga

Yes, indeed it had a big shock factor, and it dug so profoundly so many arguments and situations that it was sad for me left behind once finished..
May 17, 2014 9:53 PM

Sep 2013
I watch a new anime. Works everytime.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
May 18, 2014 3:27 AM

Mar 2012
Post DN, Berserk and School Days, made me depressed...
May 18, 2014 4:45 AM

Jan 2014
It's happen to me .. too
when I was finished Rainbow, Sakurasou, and another anime that I like so much
May 18, 2014 5:54 AM

Sep 2013
I know this from finishing Madoka Magica. But this Post-Anime depression syndrom is tearing out until now since when I first finished it.

I just can't find any show whatsoever which could ever come close to Madoka. Sure I try out different anime from time to time but I just know nothing will ever be able to throw Madoka of the throne.
May 27, 2014 12:43 AM

May 2010
ainky said:
one anime ends and another one starts, life goes on

yep the dude is right . even though it hurts for me to watch new series after some good show .
May 27, 2014 7:42 AM

Apr 2013
AsianKungFu said:
I watch a new anime. Works everytime.

This.

And other times I just take a break from anime for a week or so.
Jun 3, 2014 7:00 PM

May 2011
If it's one of those anime series where the original adaption (be it manga or LN) is over or it's an anime original like Guilty Crown, then yes. I suffer from the feels for a few days.

For an anime where the adaption is still ongoing, not really. I just pick up the manga or LN.

Obviously, these only apply to an anime series I enjoyed.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 3, 2014 7:35 PM
Jul 2018
I have gotten pretty used to it in recent time, but when I do get the feeling, I will just watch more anime, or read some manga, or play a game. Or... run. I can't believe I just said that, but it does help take things off your mind.
Jun 3, 2014 7:40 PM

Mar 2014
The first few times I finished a drama/anime I really enjoyed, I felt so depressed I sat around and did nothing but reminisce on the great parts of the show. Over time, this "depression" didn't have much of an impact on me. I just go on to something else entertaining.
Jun 3, 2014 7:58 PM

Dec 2013
I used to get that a lot when I first started watching anime but after I really started watching a lot of anime it seemed to happen less. The way I got over it was to start another series right away or just take a one or two day break from watching anime so I can think about how great the show was.
Jun 3, 2014 8:58 PM

Mar 2011
I can't stop watching anime to long or i will get sick (form depression)
Jun 3, 2014 11:30 PM

May 2011
Superpieguy said:
I have gotten pretty used to it in recent time, but when I do get the feeling, I will just watch more anime, or read some manga, or play a game. Or... run. I can't believe I just said that, but it does help take things off your mind.

Heh, interesting you said that cause most people will say exercise gets their mind off things. It's pretty much the opposite for me. I lose motivation to lift or do conditioning when I'm suffering from feels :3

axzie said:
I can't stop watching anime to long or i will get sick (form depression)

Lol, it's the opposite for me. If I watch too much anime, I'll start to feel like a bum and think of how boring my life is at the moment. That's probably why I only watch currently airing anime so I limit myself to just several episodes a week. Well, good thing I'm heading off to college this fall so I can be busy 24/7.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 3, 2014 11:32 PM

Nov 2013
Nope, just watched Steins;gate one of the highest rated anime on this site and i'm straight to watching Hunter x Hunter.
Raise it up, raise up the happiness.
Jun 3, 2014 11:39 PM

Aug 2012
You should enjoy that feeling. Anime is like a drug: the more of it you watch, the harder it would be to get that same empty feeling afterwards, even after watching a good show.

Well, that's just me being all deep and philosophical. Your actual experience may vary.
What do you think? The meaning of our existence. Why do we continue to live?
~Iris Rain Umbrella, my favorite robot
Jun 3, 2014 11:54 PM
Jul 2018
I stop thinking about it.

I get what you're saying.

I've felt the deep impact of letting go a show/ manga that has emotionally driven me for a while.

It is hard to let go, but I always comeback and realize how much of a dumb ass I was for enjoying a mediocre television program.

The really good ones ARE the ones I re-watch. I didn't have a hard time letting go of Gurren Laggan simply because it was a show that can be re-watched countless times.
Jun 4, 2014 6:05 AM
May 2014
5 episodes into "Welcome to NHK" and I'm crying in the bathroom for no reason.
Jun 4, 2014 12:03 PM

Oct 2013
When I know a series I like is about to end I get somewhat sad then by the end of a series I wrap myself up in my pink blanket in the corner of my room wondering why life has to be so harsh.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
Jun 4, 2014 5:22 PM

Jun 2014
I was like that with Kaze No Stigma. Then I think to myself maybe it is better that it lasted one season because maybe the second season might have sucked.
Jun 4, 2014 5:26 PM
Jun 2013
Shinsekai Yori had me in trauma mode for days (until I marathonned Oregairu to get over it)
Jun 4, 2014 6:13 PM

May 2011
Actually what I do now to prevent the post-anime (or manga/LN) feels as much as possible is to only watch currently airing/ongoing series. That way I'm limited to only one episode/chapter of a series a week. When it finishes, the feels aren't as bad, not to mention I can move right on to the next episode/chapter of the week of the respective series. Going to the forums and reading people's posts helps as well. I usually only get feels when I watch too many episodes or read too many chapters of a series in one sitting because I find myself getting caught up in it.

Anywho, that's just what I do to try to avoid those feelings as best I can. Would like to know if other people do this as well.
Jun 4, 2014 6:43 PM

Dec 2012
I don't get it, so I don't have to deal with it.

It isn't depressing to me to finish something great it's the opposite, it's uplifting. Unless the show's subject matter was actually depressing or the show ends badly, then I might feel down...or just pissed off.
KruszerJun 4, 2014 6:47 PM
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Jun 4, 2014 7:55 PM

Dec 2013
lol I guess it would be called PADS for short. I've experienced but mostly for fear that I'll never find something as awesome as what I just watched.
Immahnoob said:
They say Jesus walked on water.
People are made out of 79% water.
I can walk on people.
So I am 79% Jesus.
Sourire said:
I once fucked an apple pie.
Jun 5, 2014 3:45 AM
Jan 2014
I experienced this after finishing Cowboy Bebop. Really. Also with Ano Hana, Ef ~a tale of memories~, Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 and Steins Gate. And a bit in Hotarubi no Mori e too.
Jun 5, 2014 6:49 AM

Jun 2007
Depends on the Anime.. there's some that I really don't want to end.. but then to soothe my sorrows, I move on to the next anime..

So it's pretty much a cycle..

-Seigi-
May 18, 2016 3:28 AM
May 2016
I suffer from this syndrome and it just kills me when an anime ends especially SAO or Gurren Lagann I just feel like lying down all the time anyone else feel like that? I mean its pretty common but it kills inside
May 18, 2016 3:56 AM
May 2012
My emotional feeling of the stupidity of Guilty Crown 5 years until now...

hell, I don't know why I've always been angry with my whole life until I've been ranting & ranting until no one cares. I mean am I the only one who's dying for the sequel to see how are they tie up loose ends, literally?

same goes as Psycho-Pass, Valvrave The Liberator, Aldnoah.zero & Seraph of the end.
May 18, 2016 3:57 AM
May 2012
Sigh great, I guess someone just revive this 2 years ago thread. welp, why not do so because things are getting interesting lately.
May 18, 2016 10:08 AM

Sep 2015
I used to be pretty sad after finishing one anime. But now I don't get PAD anymore. Last time PAD got me was after watching HXH. That got me pretty sad for weeks.
Just watch more shows, you'll get over it
May 18, 2016 11:39 AM

Oct 2013
I finished Legend of the Galactic Heroes + two of the side story animes a little while ago, and I'm still feeling it a little bit. Unfortunately, there isn't that much fanart or fanfiction to quell me until the new anime airs. Oh well, I still have all the movies and the first volume of the novel to read, so it's not all bad. Though the fandom is totally dead, so it's a bit lonely being the only one of my friends to have seen it.
May 18, 2016 2:05 PM

Oct 2014
I've watched a few shows that don't make me feel PAD, since they end leaving me satisfied, instead of empty.

Other than that, I always jumped from one anime to another. Pretty little room for PAD to develope.
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; What is essential is invisible to the eye.

But does the heart have the right perspective?
May 18, 2016 2:11 PM

Apr 2014
when i realize im getting close to ending an anime i really like, i usually distract myself with another show just to keep it on hold for a while before finally ending it.

do i get sad? yeah i do, ITS SO GOOD WHY DID IT HAVE TO BE OVER! etc, of those things going to my head.

so i spend the next few days searching for something else just as good to find a replacement for my emotions.

i dont really wanna call it depression, it just sounds stupid, depressed over anime? pft, come on now my life isnt going to stop because of some show regardless of how much i love it.
May 18, 2016 2:21 PM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
I have only a problem that cannot stop to think about a favorite show even while watching a new one :P

This happened a few times :P
May 18, 2016 2:32 PM

May 2016
WyNdZ said:
Save me!!! I miss Steins Gate :(
I just finished and I posted that around 5 places already.

I see your post is really old but im in the same position right now :(
Steins;Gate <3
ElaninMay 18, 2016 3:10 PM
May 18, 2016 3:08 PM
Apr 2016
I just watch a short comedy anime. Usually gets my mind off all the feels
May 18, 2016 3:24 PM

Jan 2016
What I usually do is complete an anime right before I go to sleep, so I sleep well :D
The day after I start another anime so I don't get depressed
May 23, 2016 4:06 PM
May 2012
Oh am I the only one who gets angry when I put an expectations too high and when it happen I realize that I was wrong when it comes to anime that I told you about?

I guess I do. It's not just angry, I just... felt disappointed.

GOOD GOD WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME THESE DAYS!!?? This is pretty much explains why I've been ranting & ranting like 'WHAT JUST HAPPENED' until NOBODY cares. Geez, why don't you guys please answer my questions, I'm begging you PLEASE!!

*crickets*

DAMN IT THEY IGNORED MY QUESTIONS AGAIN!
May 23, 2016 4:12 PM

May 2015
JeffreyZin said:
Oh am I the only one who gets angry when I put an expectations too high and when it happen I realize that I was wrong when it comes to anime that I told you about?

I guess I do. It's not just angry, I just... felt disappointed.

GOOD GOD WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME THESE DAYS!!?? This is pretty much explains why I've been ranting & ranting like 'WHAT JUST HAPPENED' until NOBODY cares. Geez, why don't you guys please answer my questions, I'm begging you PLEASE!!

*crickets*

DAMN IT THEY IGNORED MY QUESTIONS AGAIN!
dont revive one of these threads man, cmon
also, no one cares and it's really pathetic for you to respond to your own questions
Freddy Nicholas said:
have control, be yourself, god is dead
May 23, 2016 4:27 PM
May 2012
Malarkey said:
dont revive one of these threads man, cmon

also, no one cares and it's really pathetic for you to respond to your own questions

I don't care anymore. This is myanimelist, I can speak my mind & react whatever the hell I want because I feel like everything that happened is driving me nuts lately when it comes to 'THIS' depression.

Whatever I been asking questions about Code geass, Guilty crown or whatever, nobody cares. Here in Malaysia, they can rant anytime they want. and so am I.

*Sigh*

FINE.

*walks away*
JafriZinJun 13, 2016 11:37 PM
May 23, 2016 4:28 PM

Mar 2015
I got depression every two months, because vinland saga is being published in Brazil, and it's bimonthly :(
:(
Aug 20, 2016 7:24 AM

Jan 2013
see you space dandy,
kanchigai lonely knight
Dec 10, 2017 3:17 PM
Dec 2017
So about a year ago I watched the Grisaia series and loved it. I just finished rewatching it about two hours ago. Already PADS has made me feel bored and sad. They made me feel so attached to the characters, it's hard to let them go. I had some hope when I saw that they where making Grisaia: Phantom Trigger. Had hope, they are writing a completely new set of characters for the more part. This has not been the first series to make me feel this way, just one of the more recent. I really hate this feeling and seeing as how I am a closet otaku I can't talk to many of my friends about it. Anyone have a solution to this?
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» What will be the next KyoAni project? Tell me your thoughts. ( 1 2 )

Pinoffin - Yesterday

66 by SuperAdventure »»
7 minutes ago

» Upcoming Dubbed Anime ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kenny_Stryker - Dec 17, 2017

9071 by appledude1221 »»
8 minutes ago

» MULTIPLE UNRELATED anime that you think could be set in the same anime universe

IpreferEcchi - 11 hours ago

12 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
9 minutes ago

» Things you are jealous of in anime ( 1 2 )

IpreferEcchi - Apr 20

50 by traed »»
9 minutes ago

» Is there an anime character who looks like you in real life?

Alpha_1_Zero - 2 hours ago

7 by FanofAction »»
11 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.