Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (19) « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 » ... Last »
Apr 9, 2016 6:43 PM
Jan 2013
Always-Hungry said:
The same fucking premise, flashy visuals, catchy song, steam-punk spiderman MC screaming like a maniac (whom no one gives a fuck about). They're not even trying anymore. Witty bastards aren't that witty anymore.

Huh? There's absolutely nothing wrong with flashy visuals and catchy songs. This is absolutely insane that people would even complain about flashy visuals.

I understand the steam-punk similarities, and yes, the setup does have many similarities to SNK (Walled city, similar type of killing monsters, zombies that could resemble titans, humanity on brink of extinction) but just because the setup is similar, does not mean the whole show will be a copycat. There are millions of zombie movies with similar setups, and no one cares, they are entertaining and people watch them. If you don't like the similarities, stop being damn crybabies and don't watch the show. It's only been 1 episode, there is absolutly no reason to complain yet, other than the train flaws that people can discuss.

Also, There was barely any complaining about God Eater and Knights of Sidonia, which essentially had the same setup, humanity on the brink of extinction, being constantly attack by outside sources and fighters defend their home to protect it. Again, the setups are pretty much similar, yet no one cared.
Apr 9, 2016 7:07 PM

Mar 2009
Is it weird that I didn't really think about SnK too much while watching this episode (thnk the only instance where I thought of SnK was the panned-out view of the city with the Kabane looming)? I also personally found the premiere better than SnK's, honestly.
Apr 9, 2016 7:10 PM

Feb 2016
Fucking awesome!
Apr 9, 2016 7:13 PM

Apr 2013
hoootie said:
Always-Hungry said:
The same fucking premise, flashy visuals, catchy song, steam-punk spiderman MC screaming like a maniac (whom no one gives a fuck about). They're not even trying anymore. Witty bastards aren't that witty anymore.

Huh? There's absolutely nothing wrong with flashy visuals and catchy songs. This is absolutely insane that people would even complain about flashy visuals.

I understand the steam-punk similarities, and yes, the setup does have many similarities to SNK (Walled city, similar type of killing monsters, zombies that could resemble titans, humanity on brink of extinction) but just because the setup is similar, does not mean the whole show will be a copycat. There are millions of zombie movies with similar setups, and no one cares, they are entertaining and people watch them. If you don't like the similarities, stop being damn crybabies and don't watch the show. It's only been 1 episode, there is absolutly no reason to complain yet, other than the train flaws that people can discuss.

Also, There was barely any complaining about God Eater and Knights of Sidonia, which essentially had the same setup, humanity on the brink of extinction, being constantly attack by outside sources and fighters defend their home to protect it. Again, the setups are pretty much similar, yet no one cared.

That's the main problem with WIT studio and they've been feeding us the same bullshit since AOT. They're not even trying to be original anymore. Why bother to create something new if they can just copy+paste the same damn thing and it's going get hyped all over again. SnK S2 is canceled so lets make a cheap rip-off!
Apr 9, 2016 7:29 PM
anime pervert

Apr 2013
Holy crap, that was amazing.
Apr 9, 2016 7:31 PM

Jul 2010
All these crybabies whining that it's a SnK rip-off, and Kabaneri's creators will just be like:

Apr 9, 2016 7:46 PM
Jan 2013
Always-Hungry said:
hoootie said:

That's the main problem with WIT studio and they've been feeding us the same bullshit since AOT. They're not even trying to be original anymore. Why bother to create something new if they can just copy+paste the same damn thing and it's going get hyped all over again. SnK S2 is canceled so lets make a cheap rip-off!

Well first.. SNK S2 is going to air in Fall 2016 i'm pretty sure. It's been confirmed for 2016 so I don't know where you are getting canceled from.

Second, many people liked the premise, so there's nothing wrong with making an anime original inspired by SNK to cater the audience. I'm not sure why you are calling it a cheap rip off given only one episode has aired. I'm always amused by people shit talking shows before you even know how the plot and characters would develop in it. Yeah sometimes you can see flaws or bad development before the show ends, but so far there hasn't been much of that in this show.
Apr 9, 2016 8:04 PM
Mar 2016
Uh... It was ok I guess... I must wait 'til Friday
Apr 9, 2016 8:40 PM

Apr 2013
It was pretty good, but I'm still why the virus(?) stopped spreading and seemingly disappear completely when the mc succeed in stopping the spread before it reach the brain.
Apr 9, 2016 8:46 PM

Apr 2013
TriZen said:
It was pretty good, but I'm still why the virus(?) stopped spreading and seemingly disappear completely when the mc succeed in stopping the spread before it reach the brain.

It's called plot convenience. If the mc dies then who else is going to run the story?
Apr 9, 2016 8:50 PM

Apr 2013
hoootie said:
Always-Hungry said:

Well first.. SNK S2 is going to air in Fall 2016 i'm pretty sure. It's been confirmed for 2016 so I don't know where you are getting canceled from.

Second, many people liked the premise, so there's nothing wrong with making an anime original inspired by SNK to cater the audience. I'm not sure why you are calling it a cheap rip off given only one episode has aired. I'm always amused by people shit talking shows before you even know how the plot and characters would develop in it. Yeah sometimes you can see flaws or bad development before the show ends, but so far there hasn't been much of that in this show.

It's doesn't even mater if it's canceled or not. They've been postponing it for years and even if it does air this fall it still doesn't change the fact that Kabaneri is a poorly done ripp-off. It's the same fucking plague like with the stuck in the video game premise (SAO). It's popular and serves as a good cash cow example. Why bother with originality if you can just use the same easy to digest premise by copying and swimming in money afterwards.

You don't even need more than one episode to see where this is going. Believe me or not it never gets any better. And if you're seriously unable to spot it's flaws from this first episode then you need to get your eyes checked because it's a rip-off!
Apr 9, 2016 8:51 PM

Dec 2015
Not impressed by many of the characters so far, or their society as a whole. If you know the trains can be hijacked by zombies then why build a bridge so close to the city. I'm pretty sure that if the train was travelling fast enough it would've hit the city no matter what. If one guy working on his own can figure out how to build a gun that can shoot through iron I would've thought that the engineers working on actual weaponry could do so too. And if cutting off heads works so well why is that not the primary method of attack against the zombies, since their hearts are encased in steel.
Apr 9, 2016 8:53 PM

Apr 2014
based on everyones logic here i guess anything that is cyberpunk is automatically a rip off of GiTS or every shounen is a db rip off.

can u just enjoy the anime? if u want originality go read a book.
Apr 9, 2016 8:54 PM

Apr 2014
Shameless hype addict checking in, that episode was dope af. Art amazing, sound amazing, story/world looks promising as does the action. Could care less if it's copying heavily from AoT and others, as I love that anime too, so I'll gladly take more like that. Not every anime has to be super original to be enjoyable. But whatever haters gonna hate and snobs gonna snob.

Had to rewind and watch that badass kick more than once, perfect way to end the episode, liking her character already.
floater22Apr 9, 2016 9:03 PM
Apr 9, 2016 8:57 PM
Feb 2016
MAL forums where "people" pretend to watch anime.

1st of all I don't know how people cannot understand the way they work with trains arriving. It's clearly implied that the bridge wasn't lowered in the beginning because they weren't expecting a train(you know, they said like three times about the train arriving earlier).

Second, I can't believe no-one watched the damn episode where Ikoma CLEARLY says :

-"Look, the carotid arthery is thicker".
-"So the virus really does pass through here".

And people go "W-w-why did he choke himself" jesus christ, seriously?

Third:
"B-but the infection times xD" "The guy in the train was way slower than MC!"
Can't you see that
1- Ikoma's would was deeper
2- Time passes while Ikoma becomes Iron man? I mean one second he has his arm naked and in an instant he has some sort of armor or whatever the hell he put on his arm? You do realize the whole scene didn't happen in an instant right?
E96825Apr 9, 2016 9:00 PM
Apr 9, 2016 9:00 PM
Feb 2016
Always-Hungry said:
hoootie said:

It's doesn't even mater if it's canceled or not. They've been postponing it for years and even if it does air this fall it still doesn't change the fact that Kabaneri is a poorly done ripp-off. It's the same fucking plague like with the stuck in the video game premise (SAO). It's popular and serves as a good cash cow example. Why bother with originality if you can just use the same easy to digest premise by copying and swimming in money afterwards.

You don't even need more than one episode to see where this is going. Believe me or not it never gets any better. And if you're seriously unable to spot it's flaws from this first episode then you need to get your eyes checked because it's a rip-off!

This is hilarious, SNK fans are so hilarious.

Please tell me you don't REALLY believe SnK invented post-apocalyptic worlds where monsters eat humans right? I mean you're not that dumb right?

Also "doesn't change the fact that Kabaneri is a poorly done ripp-off" Are you genuinely implying SnK is good?
Apr 9, 2016 9:10 PM

Sep 2015
I cannot understand the high level of praise this show has been getting recently. Even ignoring the hype which I've done for many show for a long time. I haven't been put off by a show within the first episode as much as this one in a while.

The creatures everyone is afraid of cannot be killed unless you pierce the heart right? So why is everyone using a bunch of weapons that are incapable of piercing the heart?!
The only thing our "smart" main character has done so far is aim correctly with a strong gun. That's stupid.

Then there's the whole thing about the disease not being a curse. The guy gets bitten and trys to stop it from spreading throughout his body, sure, I can believe that. He trys to hang himself so it doesn't move to his brain, horrible idea but if he can somehow live through it, whatever. But when the virus suddenly LEAVES HIS BODY FOR NO REASON my suspension of disbelief broke down HARD.

Next there was the whole witch-hunt at the middle of the episode. Again, this makes no sense because as we see later on in the episode, a bite will spread in a matter of seconds. Why even arrest people if they are clearly not monsters!

I don't like a single character because unless this show throws a curve ball out of nowhere, I can predict exactly how each of them will react to whatever situation might show it's head because they are all bland. (Again, as of episode 1 it could change)

Yes the show looks nice, really nice, but so far it's not doing anything with it. I see untapped potential is some aeras. Music is alright.

I've already dropped a couple of shows this season but I'm willing to see more of this because of how much of a train wreck it is as of now. I mean fuck, I've never been more motivated to write a full review on a show more than this one once it ends. If anyone can shed some light as to why I may be wrong, I'd love to hear it.
Although I'll never expect much from the same guy who directed the worst anime I've seen in my life.

This show is getting on my nerves.

Rarity is Best Pony!
Apr 9, 2016 9:10 PM

Jul 2010
Zjj said:
Other than being the exact premise of Attack On Titan except with Titan's swapped out with "Zombies" and being set in a slightly older time period it's pretty okay, I mean, I probably won't stay up to date with it but its okay.

All the action lovers will stay on-top of it and praise it to high heavens even with it being literally a Attack On Titan copy-cat.

Sigh. AoT was about humanity on the brink of extinction. Does that mean every premise about survivalism is based off AoT?

Also, Kabaneri has shown a more industrialized society, so I think their technology is above that which was shown in AoT(which, iirc, just had 3D gear and cannons.)
Apr 9, 2016 9:17 PM

Apr 2013
E96825 said:
Always-Hungry said:

This is hilarious, SNK fans are so hilarious.

Please tell me you don't REALLY believe SnK invented post-apocalyptic worlds where monsters eat humans right? I mean you're not that dumb right?

Also "doesn't change the fact that Kabaneri is a poorly done ripp-off" Are you genuinely implying SnK is good?

I'm not implying that SnK is good. Snk is shit and Kabaneri is a stinking copy of this shit.
Apr 9, 2016 9:18 PM
Feb 2016
QABJAB said:
I cannot understand the high level of praise this show has been getting recently. Even ignoring the hype which I've done for many show for a long time. I haven't been put off by a show within the first episode as much as this one in a while.

The creatures everyone is afraid of cannot be killed unless you pierce the heart right? So why is everyone using a bunch of weapons that are incapable of piercing the heart?!
The only thing our "smart" main character has done so far is aim correctly with a strong gun. That's stupid.

Then there's the whole thing about the disease not being a curse. The guy gets bitten and trys to stop it from spreading throughout his body, sure, I can believe that. He trys to hang himself so it doesn't move to his brain, horrible idea but if he can somehow live through it, whatever. But when the virus suddenly LEAVES HIS BODY FOR NO REASON my suspension of disbelief broke down HARD.

Next there was the whole witch-hunt at the middle of the episode. Again, this makes no sense because as we see later on in the episode, a bite will spread in a matter of seconds. Why even arrest people if they are clearly not monsters!

I don't like a single character because unless this show throws a curve ball out of nowhere, I can predict exactly how each of them will react to whatever situation might show it's head because they are all bland. (Again, as of episode 1 it could change)

Yes the show looks nice, really nice, but so far it's not doing anything with it. I see untapped potential is some aeras. Music is alright.

I've already dropped a couple of shows this season but I'm willing to see more of this because of how much of a train wreck it is as of now. I mean fuck, I've never been more motivated to write a full review on a show more than this one once it ends. If anyone can shed some light as to why I may be wrong, I'd love to hear it.
Although I'll never expect much from the same guy who directed the worst anime I've seen in my life.

This show is getting on my nerves.

Literally read the post right above yours. The infection spreads differently, guy in the train and MC had a piece of flesh chopped out, the guy that got executed had a few scratches. It doesn't take a genius to realize that god's sake

As to why. We've already seen Kabane can die by cutting off their heads, but if you're intelligent enough you'd know that these things seem to move fast and be like SERIOUSLY strong, pulling a headshot seems pretty goddamn absurd.

Inb4 loli did it
She's clearly not a normal human, her eyes glow like Kabane's when the takes the ribbon off her neck and in the opening you can see her veins glowing too.

Hint for dummies: She's a Kabaneri, just like Ikoma.
E96825Apr 9, 2016 9:23 PM
Apr 9, 2016 9:55 PM

Feb 2015
God, I am very impressed, I really expected something much less amazing than this. This series does have a lot of future. Great animation, amazing art, nice music (Not my preffered, but It is ok), amazing MC (not so typical-shonen guy), quite similar story to SNK, but do have It's own unique touch. I am really, really having great expectations to this series, I am at the edge of the coach waiting for the next episode. 5/5
Apr 9, 2016 10:00 PM

May 2009
QABJAB said:

Because they don't have strong enough weapons?
QABJAB said:

IT DIDN'T LEAVE HIS BODY BUT INFECTION STOPPED ACTIVELY TRYING TO TAKEOVER HIS BRAIN. Is this your first zombie fiction? Each has their own rules, in 28days/months later zombie's blood falling into eye could infected.
QABJAB said:

Because they are afraid, bunch of fearful dicks with guns that are too weak to fight zombies with metel hearts.
QABJAB said:

I don't give shit if you like them or not. It's first episode and they have plenty ways to develop them.
E96825 said:
Inb4 loli did it
She's clearly not a normal human, her eyes glow like Kabane's when the takes the ribbon off her neck and in the opening you can see her veins glowing too.

Why do you call her a loli? She is too tall and has too big tits for loli.
Apr 9, 2016 10:29 PM
Jan 2016
QABJAB said:
The heart is surrounded by a layer of iron that's, apparently, equivalent to an iron plate if we're to assume Ikoma isn't overestimating with his testing standard. If we look at the technology of the setting, they don't have anything better than their steam rifles, even the lord of the station - who should have the best equipment available - only has a steam rifle (his daughter brings it in for servicing near the beginning).

It's likely that they have people developing new weapons, but look at what Ikoma invested: a massive, bulky, glorified nail gun... and its effective range is less than a few feet (if it actually had any range to it he would have sniped the kabane when it stopped to investigate the blood trail). That's the limit of their technology, if they want a ranged weapon with the same power as Ikoma's weapon, it'll be too large for any one person to carry and probably take too long to build up pressure (whereas the existing steam rifles have a fairly high rate of fire for something that relies on building pressure).

QABJAB said:
The virus doesn't leave his body, you can see he still has those lines on his body and a glowing heart now. The virus ran its course, his self-strangulation didn't cure him, it just prevented him from going feral.

As for why the glowing veins and purple skin faded, that's up for speculation. Clearly it's related to whether or not a kabane is feral, but the exact mechanism of which has not been hinted at yet. Mumei will probably explain it to him in later episodes.

QABJAB said:
That's the whole point of the scene: to show the authorities are acting irrationally due to fear and to justify the MC's distaste for said authority. He's willing to compromise with their "place under observation for three days" protocol, but steps in when they abandon their own regulations and skip straight to execution.

Of course, Ikoma is partially guilty of that too. Despite emotions running high the bushi only shot when the suspect was running - they didn't actually shoot him while he was curled up on the floor, so they were actually still showing some degree of self-restraint. Jumping in like that not only failed to defuse the situation, it also lead to the guy running again, at which point the bushi did not hesitate to shoot.

QABJAB said:

Which anime was that, idly? SnK? I've only read the manga so I gave the anime a wide berth and I haven't really paid attention to directors.
MysteriousBananaApr 9, 2016 10:42 PM
Apr 9, 2016 10:59 PM

Sep 2015

Ah, I get it now. I still don't the show at all but I'm glad you were able to clear some things up for me. Thanks.
Also this is the same director of Guilty Crown a show that I actively despise by the way. SnK was alright.

Rarity is Best Pony!
Apr 9, 2016 11:53 PM
Feb 2014
DrBlock42 said:
Am I the only one who did not understand the end? How does strangling yourself help to kill a VIRUS?

He did that to stop his circulation from reaching his head which stopped the virus.
Dokia
Apr 10, 2016 12:25 AM
Jan 2016
Great episode. The storyline was definitely "inspired" by SnK but it's doing a better job so far.
Apr 10, 2016 1:04 AM
Jan 2014
Dokia said:
DrBlock42 said:
Am I the only one who did not understand the end? How does strangling yourself help to kill a VIRUS?

He did that to stop his circulation from reaching his head which stopped the virus.

That's not really how you stop a virus, but I made up a theory that kinda explains how it could work.

Noticed how the veins and hearts of Kabane have that orange glow? My bet is, that's the virus, it propably cannot survive outside of blood for a long time. The body of an infected person turns purple because of the virus going out of the veins ad dying out. That would explain why Kabane follow blood. The second part is, the virus is propably vulnerable to human's immune system, so it has a limited amout of time to get to the brain and "turn it off". This and its inability to survive outside of blood mean that strangling yourself is a valid way of not letting the virus get to the brain.

The theory is not perfect, but... makes at least some sense I guess.
Apr 10, 2016 1:10 AM
Mar 2010
Yeaaaaah....I was wrong to watch this before eating lunch. Yup.

Anyway, it was nice, looking forward to more, some places really made me cringe in disgust though...but not in a bad way exactly.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Apr 10, 2016 1:43 AM

Sep 2013
phoenixalia said:

Anyway, it was nice, looking forward to more, some places really made me cringe in disgust though...but not in a bad way exactly.

Cannot wait for next week. I want to know MC conditions after he was bitten
Apr 10, 2016 1:58 AM
Feb 2016
Farxin said:
Dokia said:

That's not really how you stop a virus, but I made up a theory that kinda explains how it could work.

Noticed how the veins and hearts of Kabane have that orange glow? My bet is, that's the virus, it propably cannot survive outside of blood for a long time. The body of an infected person turns purple because of the virus going out of the veins ad dying out. That would explain why Kabane follow blood. The second part is, the virus is propably vulnerable to human's immune system, so it has a limited amout of time to get to the brain and "turn it off". This and its inability to survive outside of blood mean that strangling yourself is a valid way of not letting the virus get to the brain.

The theory is not perfect, but... makes at least some sense I guess.

Well Ikoma does say the virus passes through the carotid arthery.

But the virus doesn't die. Have you watched Parasyte? It seems to work like that, Migi couldn't "take" Shinichi's brain so he got stuck in his hand, this virus seems to attempt to take the brain but if you stop it from going there it'll just stay in your body.

desertkona said:
phoenixalia said:

Cannot wait for next week. I want to know MC conditions after he was bitten

It seems people with the virus are known as Kabaneri, you know people that doesn't go insane.

There's a reason Mumei skipped the check in the beginning.
Apr 10, 2016 2:08 AM

Jul 2014
Kalisto said:
Zjj said:
Other than being the exact premise of Attack On Titan except with Titan's swapped out with "Zombies" and being set in a slightly older time period it's pretty okay, I mean, I probably won't stay up to date with it but its okay.

All the action lovers will stay on-top of it and praise it to high heavens even with it being literally a Attack On Titan copy-cat.

Sigh. AoT was about humanity on the brink of extinction. Does that mean every premise about survivalism is based off AoT?

Also, Kabaneri has shown a more industrialized society, so I think their technology is above that which was shown in AoT(which, iirc, just had 3D gear and cannons.)

No, but literally like 80% of it is insanely similar, almost every plotline can be directly connected to Attack On Titan, post-apocalyptic world with walled cities with scared citizens that turn on people, tyranical goverment that kills people that might be a "zombie", a time period where they dont have modern weapons and have to use some sort of mechanical weapons, I could go on. If you watch it and don't see the similarities you must be really in denial.
Apr 10, 2016 2:13 AM
Feb 2016
Zjj said:
Kalisto said:

No, but literally like 80% of it is insanely similar, almost every plotline can be directly connected to Attack On Titan, post-apocalyptic world with walled cities with scared citizens that turn on people, tyranical goverment that kills people that might be a "zombie", a time period where they dont have modern weapons and have to use some sort of mechanical weapons, I could go on. If you watch it and don't see the similarities you must be really in denial.

I am sure Shingeki no Kyojin invented post apocalyptic worlds with people hiding behind walls.

I remember when that Brad Pitt movie(WWZ) also ripped-off attack on titan right? When Israel had these huge walls.

I am sure tyranical governments and paranoid people are also a SnK invention, because that literally never happened before.

SnK also invented steampunk because of course SnK is the greatest.

Epic.
Apr 10, 2016 2:17 AM
Feb 2016
MysteriousBanana said:
QABJAB said:
The heart is surrounded by a layer of iron that's, apparently, equivalent to an iron plate if we're to assume Ikoma isn't overestimating with his testing standard. If we look at the technology of the setting, they don't have anything better than their steam rifles, even the lord of the station - who should have the best equipment available - only has a steam rifle (his daughter brings it in for servicing near the beginning).

It's likely that they have people developing new weapons, but look at what Ikoma invested: a massive, bulky, glorified nail gun... and its effective range is less than a few feet (if it actually had any range to it he would have sniped the kabane when it stopped to investigate the blood trail). That's the limit of their technology, if they want a ranged weapon with the same power as Ikoma's weapon, it'll be too large for any one person to carry and probably take too long to build up pressure (whereas the existing steam rifles have a fairly high rate of fire for something that relies on building pressure).

QABJAB said:
The virus doesn't leave his body, you can see he still has those lines on his body and a glowing heart now. The virus ran its course, his self-strangulation didn't cure him, it just prevented him from going feral.

As for why the glowing veins and purple skin faded, that's up for speculation. Clearly it's related to whether or not a kabane is feral, but the exact mechanism of which has not been hinted at yet. Mumei will probably explain it to him in later episodes.

QABJAB said:
That's the whole point of the scene: to show the authorities are acting irrationally due to fear and to justify the MC's distaste for said authority. He's willing to compromise with their "place under observation for three days" protocol, but steps in when they abandon their own regulations and skip straight to execution.

Of course, Ikoma is partially guilty of that too. Despite emotions running high the bushi only shot when the suspect was running - they didn't actually shoot him while he was curled up on the floor, so they were actually still showing some degree of self-restraint. Jumping in like that not only failed to defuse the situation, it also lead to the guy running again, at which point the bushi did not hesitate to shoot.

QABJAB said:

Which anime was that, idly? SnK? I've only read the manga so I gave the anime a wide berth and I haven't really paid attention to directors.

While I do agree with most of what you said.

Have you watched the part where they surrounded the guy? How can you say it was Ikoma's fault he got killed?

I mean you do realize they surrounded him screaming "Kill him! Kill him!" with crazy look on their faces right? It's been made pretty obvious that people are scared shitless. The main thing about this(and it was made very clear) is that these people only care about themselves, they will kill and abandon anyone in order to survive. The first scene is a guy saving another from zombies and getting paid with everyone calling him a coward and telling him to kill himself.

They were absolutely going to kill him.
Apr 10, 2016 2:19 AM

Dec 2010
I did not expecthis to turn out so well. The visuals are good enough, I like the character designs, the Kabane give off terrifying aura, the ED is from EGOIST, and the Feudal Japan setting makes it the second best thing, in this line of stories, since Black Bullet.

Suddenly all ala-zombie Post-Apocalypse titles are AOT clones.
Apr 10, 2016 2:59 AM

Sep 2010
Not much impressed with the opening episode... Too much similarities with AOT... A wannabe hero... Over powered girl... Walls... Transformed humans...
Nothing much to set it apart aside from trains...

3/5
Apr 10, 2016 3:00 AM

Apr 2013
I freaking loved it.

One of the ways in which I felt AoT fell short of its potential is in its fear factor. For a series where Titans should feel nearly impossible to defeat, the anime and manga really seemed to drift into more shounen territory, with ridiculous powers, friendship, willpower, etc trumping what really should be impossible odds. As a result, after a certain point I never really had the same "oh wow everyone's screwed" feeling that the 1st cours of Attack on Titan had established.

KnK looks to be going considerably darker than AoT ever did, thanks in large part to the darker & gorier animation style. I also think the main character here has serious potential to be a better lead than Eren, and although we haven't seen much of the supporting cast, the general writing here seems much more seinen than shounen, which is fantastic.

If Wit can keep it up, I think Knk will shape up to be AoT's bigger, badder, gorier older brother.
Apr 10, 2016 3:05 AM

Aug 2014
Meritas said:
I did not expecthis to turn out so well. The visuals are good enough, I like the character designs, the Kabane give off terrifying aura, the ED is from EGOIST, and the Feudal Japan setting makes it the second best thing, in this line of stories, since Black Bullet.

Suddenly all ala-zombie Post-Apocalypse titles are AOT clones.
Anything with a post apocalyptic setting involving mutants is now an AoT clone apperantly, even though there is plenty of noteable differences between this and AoT.
Apr 10, 2016 4:20 AM

Aug 2014
DrBlock42 said:

That's what I thought, but the virus clearly spread over the collar. That would mean that it got through it...
I'm not a biologist, but I'm pretty sure Viruses infect cells and manipulates them in a way, that they start to produce new viruses instead of reproducing - that means that viruses don't care if they affected anything. They simply start infecting as much of you as they can.
And I'm pretty sure that compressing your neck so hard, that even blood can't traverse it would kill you, or at least break a lot of important parts of your body.
So the only possible explanation is, that the MC is wrong about it being a virus and it's something like a organism, an intelligent collective - but even this explanation leaves some plot holes.

PS: I would have prefered that the MC would have cut of his arm^^

If the MC cut his arm, it would become "Koutetsujou no Kabaneri : Brotherhood"
World is cruel place, and at the same time it's beautiful
Apr 10, 2016 4:32 AM

Apr 2015
Animu with zombies I'm in.

First episode felt kinda fast paced but was still good.
Apr 10, 2016 4:51 AM

Feb 2014
keragamming said:
Amarrez said:
Honestly? Thought it was rubbish. This may just be me being jaded but I can't stand Araki's over the top, EVERYONE IS SCREAMING ALL THE TIME direction anymore. It tries for bombast but to me it's just incredibly irritating.

Or maybe it's just not for you?
nah it's a problem
I mean, I enjoyed the episode, but the EVERYONE IS SCREAMING ALL THE TIME is still a problem

(more hopeless self-mutilation when)
Apr 10, 2016 5:10 AM

Oct 2014
So, is this the BokuMachi of Spring 2016? Jk.

Good start, nice characters design and main idea (reminds me, logically, a lot of Shingeki no Kyojin. I'm looking forward to the next episodes. Also the OSTs were beautiful (SnK reference, here we go!).
Apr 10, 2016 5:39 AM

Nov 2015
Ah, that was a pretty nice episode. The SnK comparisons are inevitable, but for what it was, the series started off fairly strong. Only time will tell if it will differentiate more and more from SnK, but I have faith it that it will be a solid show.

4/5
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 10, 2016 5:55 AM

Oct 2013
DrBlock42 said:

Me too. And the female leads are too perfect for me. Like shoujo manga female leads 😂
Apr 10, 2016 6:12 AM
Feb 2015
heiqi1hu said:
DrBlock42 said:

Me too. And the female leads are too perfect for me. Like shoujo manga female leads 😂

Yeah. She's too overpowered. If cutting of the head with a knife-sized blade is enough, why do they even bother with guns!
They're throwing away continuity and LOGIC for badassery and fapping-material...
If you try, it's possible to get both under one hat - but most people don't care, so why bother...
Apr 10, 2016 6:34 AM

Mar 2014
Needs more scenes like the almost scalping.
I don't want this to be like AoT but at least the main guy and girl are 100x better in this.
Apr 10, 2016 6:37 AM
May 2014
shanimebib said:
Xenocrisi said:
I don't see anything wrong with the pictures above.

No salts here. Just stating the pudding. In open broad daylight, they make a train stop to make sure it's safe and even inspect the people on board stark naked for injuries and in the darkness of night, they lower the bridge to let it in without a second thought when the train was not even on sight. You may justify with the dumb nobody who lowered the bridge though but yeah, there was his superior giving instructions as well.

They inspect the first train when it has already arrived. I see no inconsistencies at all. Obviously it would be smarter to not lower the bridge until an inspection has happened, but then people do stupid shit in real life all the time.

First episode really clicked with me, awesome style, great action without devolving into some kind of hyperkinetic crapfest. The action packed a punch.

If they continue like this, it will be the season winner for me. Yes the Attack on titan comparisons are obvious, but so far they're combining some of the best vibes here.
Apr 10, 2016 7:05 AM
Aug 2009
This anime looks promising....

but I cannot wrap my head around why they lowered the bridge for trains to pass through without even checking if there are zombies clinging on to the exterior of the train. Point further reinforced with the 2nd train.

That and, if you get bitten on the limb, and you can see the infection spreading, wouldn't your first instinct be to amputate the infected limb to prevent the infection from spreading even further? Well, I guess, sure, the protagonist keeps saying everyone thinks it's a curse but still....

Oh and, since he already knew it wasn't a curse, and that all he needs to do would be to prevent the virus from reaching his brain, shouldn't he just tie a tourniquet to his limb since he actually found out about the infection early? Plus, what was all that fuss about the virus going to the heart about? First heart then now brain?

Nonetheless, I still think this is going to be a wonderful show
Apr 10, 2016 7:05 AM
Jan 2015
Lmao so many nerds trying to point out the little mistakes xD
Just watch it for the fun yo
Apr 10, 2016 7:18 AM
Feb 2015
uttoro said:

I never sad I hated the first epsiode and I'm pretty sure most of the people disgussing stuff like how this "virus" (it's still not a virus...) could work or what's excactly up with the bridge, think the same way. Half of the fun of watching a show is disgussing it with friends or the community. That's what IS the anime-community (at least to me): Talking too detailed about shit no one normal cares about.

If the only discussion we had was everyone spamming "HYPE HYPE IT'S SAVING ANIME EVEN IF THERE ARE FLAWS BUT TALKING ABOUT THEM MAKES ME A HATER SO I SHUT MY MOUTH", it'd be fucking boring.

I'm just somewhat dissappointed that they haven't thought the first epsiode out enough. That's what makes a good show greate ot an okay show good. They details are important and I feel like they ignored a lot of them in the poduction of Kabaneri.
Apr 10, 2016 7:23 AM
Aug 2009
DrBlock42 said:
uttoro said:

I never sad I hated the first epsiode and I'm pretty sure most of the people disgussing stuff like how this "virus" (it's still not a virus...) could work or what's excactly up with the bridge, think the same way. Half of the fun of watching a show is disgussing it with friends or the community. That's what IS the anime-community (at least to me): Talking too detailed about shit no one normal cares about.

If the only discussion we had was everyone spamming "HYPE HYPE IT'S SAVING ANIME EVEN IF THERE ARE FLAWS BUT TALKING ABOUT THEM MAKES ME A HATER SO I SHUT MY MOUTH", it'd be fucking boring.

I'm just somewhat dissappointed that they haven't thought the first epsiode out enough. That's what makes a good show greate ot an okay show good. They details are important and I feel like they ignored a lot of them in the poduction of Kabaneri.

yes, this. couldn't agree with you more. sadly my circle of friends prefer watching korean dramas so I have no one to discuss these details with so here I am :P
Pages (19) « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 26, 2016

368 by OlaEdu »»
Apr 29, 4:43 PM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 19, 2016

545 by OlaEdu »»
Apr 29, 4:03 PM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Jarjaxle - May 5, 2016

615 by wallus81 »»
Apr 29, 1:25 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2016

790 by wallus81 »»
Apr 24, 1:58 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2016

524 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 1, 8:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.