Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Dimension W
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 21, 2016 1:38 PM

Jun 2013
hold up that dude is Steve Jobs lol shit is about to get more epic
Feb 21, 2016 1:50 PM

Aug 2015
Great episode. We get to learn about Kyouma's past and we finally learn why he hates coils so much, pretty understandable. That prince dude got a group of collectors together and are heading to that island, they seem to be having trouble though.
Feb 21, 2016 2:20 PM

Oct 2011
Why do I have the feeling that Mira is going to turn up to be Miyabi?
Feb 21, 2016 2:33 PM

Mar 2013
Axelucard said:
hold up that dude is Steve Jobs lol shit is about to get more epic

GOD DAMMIT THAT WAS WHAT I WAS GONNA SAY FFS

And "Hitman KK". Didn't know K left the Men In Black to become a collector?
RiotstarterFeb 21, 2016 2:38 PM
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Feb 21, 2016 2:53 PM

Nov 2013
juicykitten95 said:
his dead GF is actually the robot girl DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN

now this is what I call plot twist... it would be cool

Axelucard said:
hold up that dude is Steve Jobs lol

Remember that guy who looked like Johnny Depp? And now we have Jobs lel

---------------------------------------------------------

I liked this episode and I'm happy we have new interesting characters.
Kyouma's past was sad, man :c

4/5

yaoi_senpaiFeb 21, 2016 2:56 PM

My momma, your momma, gonna catch a witch,
My momma, your momma, flying on a switch,
My momma, your momma, witches never cry,
My momma, your momma, witches gonna die!

AWC 2017 | Anime list | Manga list
Feb 21, 2016 2:54 PM

Mar 2013
Ultimate215 said:
Wow kyouma has quite the sad past.

I wasn't expecting all of the Grendel soldiers to die, I was expecting some to live and be introduced later.

And you know miyabi is gonna appear again sometime later in the series. Either as a robot or a spirit maybe.

PS: who else thought of energy shields from halo when the soldiers activated their shields in the flashback lol.

Maybe she's the mysterious figure that they saw in that image? They say that Dimension W is made up of possibilities that didn't happen in their world so maybe this is a ghost of a possibility where Miyabi survived?
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Feb 21, 2016 3:05 PM

Apr 2014
mabuchi married with a little girl...
too short episode
poor mabuchi ,(he is f***ing sexy indeed)

i,m agree with the theory that professor created miya for mabuchi
and he used his head ------->is a very beautiful theory
Sunakko-ch4nFeb 21, 2016 3:09 PM
Feb 21, 2016 3:12 PM

Dec 2015
Kyouma's past really was tragic, got me right in the feels. He lost everything because of coils and that why he is like he is.
It was nice to see some stuff related to the Beasts of Grendel, and now he is returning to Easter Island.
Can't wait to see how this all goes down, with all these characters heading to the same place.

Feb 21, 2016 3:22 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Damn, the president Salva was talking to looks like Steve Jobs.
I have a feeling that what they will chase will be Miyabi.
Poor Mabuchi. :/
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Feb 21, 2016 3:34 PM

Apr 2015
Wow! Last week I was wondering what he was fixing in his garage, and BAM out comes the LFA. Kyouma, you classy sob.
Feb 21, 2016 3:57 PM

May 2015
Great episode. Finally we got to see Kyouma's backstory. No wonder he hates coils so much. That scream when he finds her body was heartbreaking. Easter Island looks like one dangerous place to be in already.

Feb 21, 2016 3:57 PM

Feb 2015
Really good to see Kyouma's backstory. Was a bit rushed overall, but still really good.

This next arc with Easter Island looks extremely promising. Hoping it goes well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 21, 2016 4:10 PM

Jul 2011
60 years later in the future and there is still no cure for ALS even with infinite energy at their disposal...

Was that Steve Jobs talking to the Prince during that meeting though?
Feb 21, 2016 4:50 PM

Apr 2012
"In actuality, coils - and dimension w - have infinite possibilities hiding in them beyond what we can imagine."

ALL THE MORE FREAKING REASON YOU SHOULDN'T BE MESSING WITH THE DANG THING TO BEGIN WITH!

If you don't understand what the heck Dimension W is, and understand you have almost no chance of understanding it to begin with, why on earth would you think it would be a good idea to siphon off energy from it???

Someone please tell me that Miyabi is not as young as she looks.
Feb 21, 2016 4:58 PM

Aug 2009
And now we know who Miyabi is. Her voice and mannerisms did definitely remind me a lot of Mira – and I think Kyouma of the present probably feels a similar connection. It’s like what could have been if the procedure was a success. For all we know, there could be an insane twist in that the good Dr. Yurizaki finally succeeded, but what we see from her missing head seems quite grim.

Apparently the president of New Tesla is Steve Jobs?

“The world has an infinite number of possibilities. However, only one is ever realized. The possibilities that do not happen are folded into layers in Dimension W and changed to energy.” – Loser

Kyouma had it good for a while.
Feb 21, 2016 5:41 PM

Oct 2011
Miyabi and Mira have similar personality
Feb 21, 2016 5:47 PM

Nov 2014
So Kyoma's backstory feels :c

Hi there
Feb 21, 2016 6:04 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
AzuriteZ said:
Wow! Last week I was wondering what he was fixing in his garage, and BAM out comes the LFA. Kyouma, you classy sob.

First the Toyota 2000 and now a Lexus LFA......he does have interesting tastes. I like the story and I love the cars.
Feb 21, 2016 7:00 PM

Dec 2013
Damn that back story was emotionally draining. To have the one person in the world who appreciated you for what you truly were, the one person you would join a private army in order to protect, literally lose her head in an internal conflict between New Tesla factions which had nothing to do with her, just hit so hard... That primal scream Kyouma let out at the morgue was hard to take...

It begs the question though, something happened on Easter Island that caused him to black out in the middle of his mission and end up in a coma for several weeks. I'm guessing Sniper dude was lucky to survive because he was out covering in the ocean, but how the heck did Kyouma manage to make it when all the rest of his team were KIA?
And what did Schumann mean when he said that "Grendel being protectors of the world right now"? Sounds awfully like some sort of cover-up because something or someone screwed up during the mission.

I too would also like support the theory that Miyabi's head was used to create Mira, since she was created by Dr. Yurizaki, but I just don't see any reason why the good Doctor would lie to Kyouma about her head being lost due to a coil accident if that were the case. If the transplant had been a success, then wouldn't the Doctor be proud enough to present Kyouma with his cyborg waifuu?
HESTIAAPPROVES
Feb 21, 2016 7:51 PM

Aug 2010
We finally get to see a bit of Kyouma's past. Its as tragic as i thought it would be. I didn't think it would involve a lover though. I can see why he hates coils so much. Why do I have a feeling that head will show up later...

This series is starting to get more interesting now. I'm looking forward to the next episode.
Feb 21, 2016 8:00 PM

Jan 2013
That flashback :( Now we know why Kyoma hates those coils.
Can't wait to see what happened on that island and who was that mysterious person?
Btw that car was epic, Kyouma have a nice taste xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Feb 21, 2016 8:10 PM

Sep 2013
We finally saw a bit of Kyouma's backstory. But if it ends up that his girlfriend is actually alive and is one of the bad guys Im gonna facepalm so hard.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Feb 21, 2016 11:36 PM

Dec 2014
Interesting, Things are getting real interesting now.
A sphere with a will, Hmm.
Feb 21, 2016 11:37 PM

Jan 2011
It was Steve Jobs all along he was never actually dead! ,joking aside got to learn more about Kyouma and why he hates coils ;-; to think he used to live a somewhat normal life
Feb 22, 2016 1:05 AM

Oct 2015
I guess we know why Kyoma hates coils so much now. What are a terrible fate for Mayubi. She died cause technology is crap. I feel bad for Kyoma. He lost everything in a day.

This seems like an interesting mission! I bet ya that half the current cast'll die next episode.
Coils are a messed up bit of technology. They destroy everything.
I want to know what the sphere is..

Mira and Mayubi seem very similar. I'm theorizing that Yurizaki made Mira to be like Mayubi because he felt bad for the terrible accident his wife caused, or something like that. It's just a theory. I could be completely wrong.

Can't wait for next week!

CocaoFeb 22, 2016 1:09 AM
Feb 22, 2016 7:26 AM

Dec 2010
...yeah we're probably gonna see Miyabi's sooner or later just be prepared

...new character's lame character's their all gonna die
Feb 22, 2016 8:39 AM

Apr 2015
Amazinggg episode.

Really nice to see some backstory.

This face hurted me ='(

Feb 22, 2016 8:44 AM

Oct 2014
Kyouma was in love with a generic sick Kawori-chan...

I can't buy the idea that he hates coils just because they "killed" his girlfriend. It's not like it was the coil's fault. It was an accident, right? It wouldn't give him enough angst and motivation, I think.

I'm complaining, but this was still very good (the best episode so far)
Feb 22, 2016 9:04 AM
Jul 2018
Weakest episode imo. Other than Kyouma's past and finding out why he hates coils so much, everything else was uninteresting.
Feb 22, 2016 9:20 AM

Apr 2015
Canada's premier band is taking a stand. Overwhelming the series, all resistance in vain. One word to describe them all. RUSH

They don't even try to use English.

Just about OK, but needed work in all the departments.
Feb 22, 2016 9:54 AM

Mar 2014
aikaflip said:

Steve Jobs?

LMAO this is awesome !!

I wish Steve Jobs himself could see it
Feb 22, 2016 10:22 AM

Jan 2014
Good episode. Like where this series is going now.

BUT, I can't completely forgive it yet for last arc. We'll see where it goes from here.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 22, 2016 10:57 AM

Oct 2015
Catalyze said:
AzuriteZ said:

First the Toyota 2000 and now a Lexus LFA......he does have interesting tastes. I like the story and I love the cars.

Gotta say Kyoma has some good taste in cars. The LFA is my favourite sounding car. It's basically a car with a formula one exhaust pipe.

Now I know why Kyomo hates coils, it essentially took away his lover and comrades. To lose so much in one day must've hurt real bad. Luckily he still has people around him; his sister and Al. In earlier episodes, I thought Al was a sketchy character that seem to be plotting something against Kyoma, but now it seems like they actually are good buddies.

That ending just showed that Easter Island is definitely way more dangerous than the previous lake one. I'm hyped to see Loser back, hopefully we get to see more of him in the next episode.
Feb 22, 2016 11:28 AM
Jun 2015
Narutorengan said:
Why do I have the feeling that Mira is going to turn up to be Miyabi?

Yea its gonna be something like that.
btw in ep 1, when they meet the first time, Mira just hit Kyoma with tears in her eyes...maybe she have Miyabi memories just cant remember yet
Feb 22, 2016 12:08 PM

Jun 2015

Noo plz stahp. Stahp with all that 'Denka!' BS, Arslan Senki S2 hasn't even started airing yet...
Feb 22, 2016 1:17 PM

Dec 2014
sooo... enter final arc? maybe?
Feb 22, 2016 2:40 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Looking forward to some LFA footage next episode.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Feb 22, 2016 6:15 PM
Apr 2009
Is Elizabeth the same person that helped Loser in episode 2? Or does Loser have 2 accomplices that call him Papa? O;
Feb 22, 2016 7:32 PM

Aug 2011
This is by far the most interesting episode yet. And to believe that 5 more episode remains? Looking forward to next Sunday...I mean when it comes. In real life I have too much things to do to want Sunday to come quickly after all.
Feb 22, 2016 7:42 PM

Jun 2014
Yeah Miyabi just so happened to lose her head in a freak accident at the hands of one of the best Doctors there is. Her body was failing and Dr. Yurizaki needed a way to connect the central nervous system to new tissue. What better way to do such a thing than to use someone's brain?

It seems like the Yurizaki's are playing the fool and Kyouma got the bad end of the deal.
Feb 22, 2016 9:22 PM

Mar 2009
These past two episodes have been really good. Keep it up, please!
Feb 23, 2016 4:46 AM
Dec 2009
Wow, the animation on those cat ears flicking off water at the beginning was really good, haha.

Nice to learn about Kyoma's past a bit.
Feb 23, 2016 7:10 AM

Nov 2011
Yay, exciting episode! All these innovations one after another have been a "combination" almost deadly, long satisfied with the narrative. technical level and excellent graphics, no snagging in discegni 3DCG and good; if they were only these items shown, it would be already enough to produce a good episode, but today they are exceeded, adding information that have carried out a lot the plot it is from this episode applause.
But there is a small flaw, relate the first part where we talk about the past of Kyoma, there you had to dare trying to find an original solution.
Feb 23, 2016 7:26 AM

May 2008
I didn't expect all these feels ;__;. Nice to find out Kyoma's past and the reason he hates coils.
Feb 23, 2016 1:36 PM

Nov 2015
so thats why Kyouma hates coils fair enough he had such a tragic past.

Feb 23, 2016 2:52 PM

Apr 2014
So that's why Kyouma hated coil so much...it's the reason why his wife is dead.
Miyabi is cute too and she die because of an accident -_-'
If I was Kyouma, I would hate coil as well...and that so call "doctor."
Kyouma and his quest to the East Island.
Feb 23, 2016 7:56 PM

Oct 2008
Wow! suddenly on the 2nd half became an excellent episode! And it gets more interesting because of the Easter Island void and additional characters like some top recovery agents.
I'm sure the one dude that has a hood is Loser!
1st part was very emotional/dramatic, the past of Mabhuchi Kyouma whith his girlfriend Miyabi which is very tragic!
So that is why Kyouma detestably hates coils is because it took away his gf's life.
wow! a new faster badass stylish car!
5/5!

Feb 23, 2016 10:52 PM

Aug 2013
FateHero said:
Someone please tell me that Miyabi is not as young as she looks.

The way it seemed to me is that Miyabi is a year or two younger than Kyouma. Kyouma seemed to be in high school when they met, and she was in either middle or high school. The flashback seemed to span several years to me, and that they were both college age toward the end of things.
Feb 24, 2016 4:27 AM

Apr 2015
no wonder Kyouma hates coil so much... at least he and Albert survived from Easter island back then...
lol that Steve Jobs...
Kyouma sure has a great taste for cars... That LFA...
Feb 24, 2016 9:22 AM

Nov 2015
Hating coils because of that it's like hating medicine because a medical
procedure went wrong and the patient died.

Anyway, this episode was the best so far. So much information, tragedy,
plot... I liked it a lot.

They said that her head was "lost" but...that means they don't know where
it is or that they "lost it" I mean, it was in a machine preserving the head
and its coil had a malfunction, hence, the head well... you get the idea.
Which one is it?
Gone missing or "destroyed"?
If it is the first Mira MIGHT be Miyaki, but if it is the second it will not be the case.

I could say we can be pretty sure Mira may end up being Miyaki.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dimension W Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2016

149 by weaboo_mestre »»
Jan 9, 2023 9:26 PM

Poll: » Dimension W Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2016

290 by DangerMouseDM »»
Jan 6, 2023 7:27 PM

Poll: » Dimension W Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2016

154 by cheesehuffer »»
Nov 7, 2022 1:20 PM

» should i drop this

mydaddy - Mar 18, 2022

8 by rmcewen »»
Mar 19, 2022 8:10 PM

» Why The Rating?

VANSEDE - Apr 7, 2016

11 by Daninokuni »»
Jan 14, 2021 12:58 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.