Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 11, 2013 9:29 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Latest episode was alright. Saki seems to be struggling a bit in the snow and even lands hard :(. She's still trying to find Mamoru and Maria. I enjoyed watching Satoru and Saki this episode. It looks like some shocking revelation is also revealed by one of the rat creatures. Not bad.

I'm still enjoying Shinsekai Yori :>
Jan 11, 2013 10:00 PM
Jan 2012
Nice episode overall... and it looks like it'll have some more revelation next episode... still don't know why I almost dropped this anime...can't get enough of that ED
Jan 11, 2013 10:19 PM
Feb 2012
So there was an episode this week (or it aired later)? Thought they skipped a week or something considering the complete lack of raws or anything anywhere.
Jan 11, 2013 10:54 PM

Jan 2012
Episode aired, raws are available on some chinese streaming websites as usually. Don't know why there hasn't been a proper raw released yet though, seems to happen more frequently for a while now. Hopefully UTW has their own capper.
Jan 12, 2013 4:29 AM

Mar 2009
bNq said:
Don't know why there hasn't been a proper raw released yet though, seems to happen more frequently for a while now.

It's a satellite channel that airs it, so it's to be expected that this will happen from time to time.
Jan 12, 2013 4:40 AM
Nov 2012
There was so much sexual tension between Saki and Satoru in this episode. Loved it!
Jan 12, 2013 6:24 AM
Sep 2011
It dawns on Saki and Satoru how much the queerats resemble humans, to the point where the queerats possess more advanced technology then humans themselves. It also seems like the Robber Fly Colony is on its way to establish a more democratic society by overthrowing their tyrannical queen, though their attitude towards the other clan reveals their worrisomely militant behavior.
It seems pretty clear that Squealer is taking advantage of Satoru's and Saki's powers to increase his clan's influence in their territory.
Jan 12, 2013 6:32 AM

Aug 2008
kpk10 said:
There was so much sexual tension between Saki and Satoru in this episode. Loved it!

Where? They were totally acting normal... I was expecting more 8)

It's nasty what they have done to their queen. I wonder how Saki and Satoru will beat them in the future as all the queerat colonies might be as strong or stronger than Squealer's one... :S
Jan 12, 2013 6:40 AM

Jan 2013
Interesting episode.
Satoru proves once again to be smarter/more mature than he seems, being the only one who notices (and accepts) that rats are imitating humans (possibly to replace them) while Saki refuses (against the evidence) to see them as anything but beasts. Can't blame her though, she's under a strong pressure (taking Tomiko's place, finding Mamoru/Maria). Here's hoping they won't forget to report about it when/if they get back.
Also Squealer, being the usual opportunist, finds a way to use them to attack another colony...

kpk10 said:

Ye, nothing new here. Happens every time they are alone together (the director actually seems to have fun placing innuendos whenever he gets the chance).
Jan 12, 2013 7:02 AM

Nov 2010
I'm keen to know what the colonies are plotting. They formed two big unions and now live in a democratic system. But for what reason? Could Satoru be right, that would be interesting^^.
Always easy to tell in Anime when a character is planning something bad/evil => standard mouth only scenes.
Overall enjoyable episode.
Jan 12, 2013 7:09 AM
Nov 2012
Kurini said:
kpk10 said:

Where? They were totally acting normal... I was expecting more 8)

It's nasty what they have done to their queen. I wonder how Saki and Satoru will beat them in the future as all the queerat colonies might be as strong or stronger than Squealer's one... :S

Do I need to put pictures?

Very well...

Jan 12, 2013 7:12 AM
Nov 2012
I have a strong feeling that everything we saw and learned so far in the first two arcs will come together as one coherent story in the third and final arc that will close all the loose ends.

Satoru said the Bakenezumi are trying to replace humans.
So, my guess is... Squealer is the villain, he wants to start a war against the humans and take over so the Bakenezumi won't have to serve the "Gods" anymore. He will somehow use the akki//fiend as a weapon against the humans and Saki and Satoru will have to stop his evil plans somehow. Maybe with assistance from Kiroumaru (if he's not a villain too).

Not to mention, somehow change their own society in the process as well, if it's even possible. The Bakenezumi could be the key for that somehow as well.

I guess they will also need to remember Shun so they could get over him and move on with their feelings for each other (I mean it's pretty obvious they're going to end up together isn't it?).
Jan 12, 2013 7:17 AM

Dec 2012
Can't wait to see some Karma Demon awesomeness
Jan 12, 2013 7:50 AM

May 2010
look like someone has a ulterior motive all along, someone doesnt know their place, damn rat. also i wish these kid would grow a backbone and stop saying yes to everthing and the queen is still ugly as hell.
Jan 12, 2013 8:54 AM

Jan 2013
I watched it raw so I couldn't understand everything they were saying. It was nice that for the first time in a while there wasn't as much talk and more action so it was easier to understand.
Jan 12, 2013 8:59 AM

Jun 2011
Those rats are just... terrible. For a moment I thought Squealer was bigger than before, he also sounds meaner.
Maybe the queerats are conspiring against humans after all!
Jan 12, 2013 9:49 AM
Oct 2010
goddamn those rats are freaky. too human. damn it gave me chills watching them.
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Jan 12, 2013 10:33 AM

Jan 2009
It would be pretty stupid for the Queerats to plot against humans. Squealer knows their potential and he should be able to figure out that fighting against all of them won't go well for the Rats.
Jan 12, 2013 10:46 AM

Jan 2013
danz said:
It would be pretty stupid for the Queerats to plot against humans. Squealer knows their potential and he should be able to figure out that fighting against all of them won't go well for the Rats.

Yes that's probably why they are trying to conquer the other colonies. Squealer alrdy has 18000 rats under his control (that's nearly 1/3 of japanese human population if i'm not mistaken).
Jan 12, 2013 10:51 AM

Oct 2008
Roboris said:
danz said:

Yes that's probably why they are trying to conquer the other colonies. Squealer alrdy has 18000 rats under his control (that's nearly 1/3 of japanese human population if i'm not mistaken).

I don't remember if they mentioned the population in Japan right now, but world population is about 2% of what it was in 2011, so if Japan now has 127 million, there should be 2,5 million in all of Japan in that age (assuming the surviving population to be 2% everywhere of course, it could be more or less).

Of course those 18000 queerats are just the population of one faction in just one district in Japan, I don't know what it's total population would be but anyway, Cantus is fucking overpowered, I don't think queerats would stand a chance against human even if the numbers are 10000 vs 1, in fact, Satoru said that the 2 of them would be able to crush the colony easily.
Jan 12, 2013 11:03 AM

Jan 2013
But what would happen if the rats could reach a village? We know cantus is overpowered but when fighting near their village humans would be limited. It would be a choice between destroying the rat quickly and, more likely than not, the village with them or controlling themselves and risk getting defeated.

Anyway seems like next week we'll know what happened to Maria and Mamoru. Probably the rats will be back in the last arc.
Jan 12, 2013 11:27 AM

May 2008
You know I was thinking if the rats were getting human technology, whats to stop them from getting human weapons? And a nuke was mentioned in the episode I might add..... As OP as cantus is, how would it fare against a nuke, or multiple nukes?
kyubey is watching you (‿‿ ) (‿‿ ) (‿‿ ) (‿‿ ) (‿‿ ) (‿‿ ) (‿‿ ) (‿‿ ) (‿‿ )
Jan 12, 2013 11:38 AM

Jul 2012
I always thought the queerats or whatever were too similar to humans. I didn't trust squealer before and I certainly don't trust it now. Great episode, lots of suspense and atmosphere. Next one looks great as well.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Jan 12, 2013 11:50 AM

Jun 2008
If the bakenezumi have at least one human on their side, they can easily take over the village. Because of the death feedback. So I don't think they have such a disadvantage.
Jan 12, 2013 11:52 AM

Jan 2013
ExplodingLemons said:
You know I was thinking if the rats were getting human technology, whats to stop them from getting human weapons? And a nuke was mentioned in the episode I might add..... As OP as cantus is, how would it fare against a nuke, or multiple nukes?

The rats probably don't have access to nukes, they aren't technologically advanced yet. Still fighting with arrows/wearing samurai armors. They may eventually be advanced enough to build/employ nukes, but i doubt it's goin to happen anytime soon.
Jan 12, 2013 11:55 AM

Aug 2011
Shinsekai yori has one of the scariest soundtracks ever. I've always thought Squealer was no good. From the preview, I'm wondering if Saki and Satoru just go back after reading Maria's letter. They still need to resolve the whole queerat thing after foreshadowing it for so long.
Jan 12, 2013 12:19 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
I like Saki and Satoru together, they're really compatible in terms of their intelligence and mental strength. But Saki is still a little out of it, trying to justify the bakenezumi's actions. Seriously? Those things are so suspicious it's not even funny. Half the time when Squealer (or whatever his new name is) is talking, we only see his mouth or we don't see him in the frame at all. Anyways, interesting episode regarding how much the colony has changed.
Jan 12, 2013 12:28 PM

Dec 2012
I'm now sure than ever about a war between the humans and Queerats. Squealer sure grew a lot o_o but now hes a very shady character.

Saki falling in the snow was worrying, looked like shes mentally exhausted. While Satoru is still hanging in there.

The rats are starting to evolve drastically. Now learning to make buildings out of concrete. It wont be long before they make guns and bombs.

5/5
DarkjollyJan 12, 2013 12:32 PM
Jan 12, 2013 1:08 PM
Dec 2012
The artwork is impressive as always, which is partly why I keep watching this series. Was the queen of bakenezumi lobotomized? I saw sutures on her forehead. Monster Rats reminded me of the Orc from LOTR. I'd like to see them taking over the world in the end. For, it would be very predictable and typical if they failed and humans won. I for one think fantasy anime might as well invite new perspectives contrary to cliches or accepted wisdom.
Jan 12, 2013 1:11 PM

Dec 2012
The way Squealer dealt with the Goat Moth colony is giving me the impression that he wants to use Saki and Satoru in order to further his colony's power and eventually rebel against and replace humans. He always blabbers on about how divine he thinks they are, but I get the feeling that he's realized the truth by now.
Jan 12, 2013 1:33 PM

Nov 2008
Very nice episode.

Squealer is too smart to make any open move against humans. He will lie, but nothing open. It would be suicide.
Jan 12, 2013 1:56 PM
Mar 2011
squealer was so quick to attack the tribe in the mountains. i probably missed the explanation why, other than that tribe is not in any coalition with the other tribes. i mean they only wanted to question sqounk and they brought an army?

same with Satoru, i think he's abusing his power as well. very quick on using it to destroy queerats. hes like "kill first, ask question later" and not just in this episode. Squealer have actually manipulated him a few times to destroy other queerats
"....i am the villain in this story"
Jan 12, 2013 2:13 PM

Oct 2011
Good to see Saki and Satoru as a team again! They are so cute together. x3
Squealer is crazy suspicious.. What they did to their Queen was creepy as well.
I didn't want this episode to end.
Jan 12, 2013 3:50 PM

Jan 2013
amginex said:
same with Satoru, i think he's abusing his power as well. very quick on using it to destroy queerats. hes like "kill first, ask question later" and not just in this episode. Squealer have actually manipulated him a few times to destroy other queerats

That's probably because Satoru (along with pretty much every other human) doesn't perceive the rats as having the same rights as humans, it's not a problem for him killing a couple of them. Saki is the "weird" one for not wanting him to use his powers like that.

VanishingKira said:
Based on the preview of next episode,I think Maria and Mamoru are going to fake their deaths.Why?Because in the preview when it says " Please tell them we've died,"that make me think Saki and Satoru are going to meet someone while looking for Maria and Mamoru,and that person happened to also have helped Maria and Mamoru.

I think in the preview Saki was reading the letter the rat gave her, in which Maria asked her to report their deaths.
Jan 12, 2013 4:59 PM
Sep 2012
Posse said:
Roboris said:
danz said:

I don't remember if they mentioned the population in Japan right now, but world population is about 2% of what it was in 2011, so if Japan now has 127 million, there should be 2,5 million in all of Japan in that age (assuming the surviving population to be 2% everywhere of course, it could be more or less).

Of course those 18000 queerats are just the population of one faction in just one district in Japan, I don't know what it's total population would be but anyway, Cantus is fucking overpowered, I don't think queerats would stand a chance against human even if the numbers are 10000 vs 1, in fact, Satoru said that the 2 of them would be able to crush the colony easily.

no, tomiko said there's is 70k in entire japanese archipelago. 2% is human population after age od strife. I wonder how queerat will fight human, i mean, 0,1% PK win again 99,9% muggle with technology.
Jan 12, 2013 5:04 PM

Dec 2010
The score rose a lot
Jan 12, 2013 5:05 PM

Feb 2012
Squealer is obviously using them, very interesting to hear that the rats are the most intelligent life forms right behind the humans.
Jan 12, 2013 5:55 PM

Nov 2011
I for one doesn't think its wrong of what Squealar did against the queen. I mean the queen is mental and won't hesitate at all to kill. Just because the queen is their mother doesn't mean it can do as it please. The only use for the queen is for breeding.

Jan 12, 2013 6:03 PM
Mar 2011
rishardew said:
Great stuff as usual.
I couldn't sympathise with Squealer since the very first time he appeard.

btw, the score was always that 'low'? I thought it was above 8.

always been below 8 actually. you can tell people arent following. this thread only has 2 pages
"....i am the villain in this story"
Jan 12, 2013 6:09 PM

Aug 2010
The queerats are developing the technologies and ideals of the old world.

That is brilliant. I'm starting to see where they're going with this. I imagine by the end of the show they will be far more developed.
Jan 12, 2013 6:18 PM

Apr 2010
KaiserNazrin said:
I for one doesn't think its wrong of what Squealar did against the queen. I mean the queen is mental and won't hesitate at all to kill. Just because the queen is their mother doesn't mean it can do as it please. The only use for the queen is for breeding.

I agree too. You have to accept that mother kills their children on whim just because it's their mother? And without queen their race would die. I don't thing their deeds are worse than humans(killing children, brainwashing)
And I agree with queerats, they are not toys and humans are not gods. They are intelligent and it's obvious they will rebel(if I remember humans use them as workforce).
They resemble old civilizations, in ancient/medieval times there were a lot of wars.

Right now they don't stand a chance, but if they'll get guns and bombs it should be easy to win, they are warriors, I'm sure they have good assassins or can train them.
And it's obvious that won't be an regular war but rather guerrilla warfare. Humans in this time don't know anything about war, they would be at HUGE disadvantage, and entire population would be terrified.

And I think that queerats are humans or they were long ago. It's possible that scientists made queerats as backup plan. If humans killed each other there would still be intelligent life on Earth. It's very plausible theory.
Jan 12, 2013 6:44 PM

Jun 2009
That colony is no good...

I prefer Squonk's colony...

amginex said:
rishardew said:
Great stuff as usual.

always been below 8 actually. you can tell people arent following. this thread only has 2 pages

Yeah, it's a pretty underrated piece of work
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 12, 2013 6:54 PM

Sep 2011
Squealer taking advantage of their powers to overwhelm them. Just using them to overwhelm the Moth Colony.
Jan 12, 2013 6:57 PM

Dec 2011
This anime just keeps on getting more and more interesting every week, I love it!
Jan 12, 2013 7:50 PM
Apr 2011
HHNNNNNNNN that cliffhanger OH MY HEART
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Jan 12, 2013 8:09 PM

Jun 2012
Another intense episode. It seems Squeler may be getting corrupt, because his actions seem very shady.
Still a very great series, I like the depth and graveness of the world and everything. I'm looking forward to the next episode.
5/5.

Jan 12, 2013 8:20 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
ANATAnoTOMODACHI said:
Another intense episode. It seems Squeler may be getting corrupt, because his actions seem very shady.

His actions look very human to me lol.

And I don't think nukes can find Cantus. After all, the old society lost to Cantus users even with nukes.

After all, the laws of physics can now be manipulated by humans. I believe nuclear physics no longer works in that world after all that happened. The laws of the universe have been re-written.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jan 12, 2013 8:35 PM

Sep 2009
Awww, I'm kinda sad that Squealer is turning out to be a bad guy.. I liked him ;___; Well, I guess it makes sense that the rats would be tired of being under "Gods", and eventually wish to be above them. Looking forward to seeing how this turns out =o
Jan 12, 2013 8:37 PM

Nov 2012
Satoru hit the nail on the head. I bet the queerats ARE trying to take over. It's been obvious since the first time we've met that 'Squealer' brat. It's been disgusting too how I've been able to relate more to the queer rat society than the human one. I just can't believe how far they've gotten- what with their secret library now and concrete material. This doesn't seem to be going well. Can't wait for the next episode but feeling really apprehensive. It seems hard to find anyplace that seems like home...
Jan 12, 2013 9:51 PM

Aug 2012
AirStyles said:
That colony is no good...

I prefer Squonk's colony...

amginex said:
rishardew said:
Great stuff as usual.

Yeah, it's a pretty underrated piece of work

Yeah, also there's not enough love for this awesome series. I guess most of them dropped after episode 8.

Anyways, I love this episode. I can't wait to see where this is going. I wonder what technologies will the queerats use next. Maybe guns, or even cars (I won't be surprised if they will also use tanks or planes lol)

My Youtube page: link
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Ugly KV

ScuzzyBear - Jun 8, 2023

9 by charlieman999 »»
Mar 28, 6:10 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2013

1325 by Xeehad »»
Mar 2, 8:13 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 4, 2013

169 by Xeehad »»
Mar 1, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2012

516 by Xeehad »»
Feb 26, 10:04 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 19, 2012

363 by Xeehad »»
Feb 26, 9:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.